Merge vendors in QuickBooks Desktop is a useful feature in the program that allows users to consolidate all the transactions without requiring tedious entry again and again. When you merge two vendors in QB Desktop, it deletes one vendor and transfers all the data to the other vendor. Duplicate entries in the vendors or customer list give rise to the need for merging vendors in QuickBooks. To understand how to merge vendors in QuickBooks, follow this post until the end.
Things You Need To Consider Before Merging Duplicate Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop
To make the merge process effective and smooth, you need to consider the below-listed points:
- Before getting started with merging vendors in QuickBooks, you should create a backup of your company data to prevent any data-disruption
- Switch to single-user mode if you are working in multi-user mode
- While merging vendors, you need to ensure that the Accountant’s Copy File (.QBA) file is not used
- Multi-Currency feature shouldn’t be turned on
- Avoid merging Direct Deposit vendors, Paid through Online Banking, Tax Exempt, and Tax Authorities vendors
- Once, the merging is done, it cannot be reversed
- The only way to undo the merge process is to restore the backup of the company data
How to Merge Multiple Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks for accountant 2019 enables users to merge up to four vendors at a time, reducing the time and efforts in the task completion. Using the below-listed easy steps, you can merge multiple vendors in QB Desktop:
Case 1: Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2019
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop 2019, then you need to perform the below-given steps to merge duplicate vendors:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and then move to Merge Vendor window
- If you are using Accountant version then you need to move to the Accountant section and then select Client Data Review >> Merge Vendors
- For those, using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you should go to the Company tab and then Accounting Tools >> Merge Vendors
- Select the vendors you desire to merge and then hit Next
- Now select the vendor in which you want to reassign all the data of the other vendor
- Hit Merge
- Click Yes on the confirmation window that appears next
- Click OK on Merge Complete prompt
Case 2: Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or Earlier Versions
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or earlier version, then you need to follow the below-explained steps:
- From Vendors menu select Vendor Center
- Now Right-click on the vendor you want to keep and then click Edit Vendor
- Copy vendor’s name and then click Cancel to go back to the Vendor Center
- Now right-click on the Vendor that you want to merge and select Edit Vendor
- Replace vendor’s name with the one you have copied earlier and then click OK
- Select Yes on the confirmation message prompt
Performing the above-described solutions fail-safely, you can merge multiple vendors in QB Desktop Pro 2017. However, if you are not able to do it for some reason, reaching QB experts can help you to get the answers for any and all queries related to merging vendors in your accounting software. Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number +1-888-300-3913 and merge vendors in QuickBooks with clear assistance until the job is done.
Complete Guide to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are a QuickBooks user who manages online banking from within the QuickBooks Desktop application then sooner or later you will require to merge vendors in QuickBooks. The need to merge multiple vendors in QuickBooks evolves because of duplicate entries in the vendors list. Duplicate entries in the vendors or customers list made it difficult to search for a specific transaction for a customer or a vendor. With the latest feature of QuickBooks for accountant 2019, you can easily merge up to four vendors at a time that makes the merging process effortless for the users. For detailed instructions on how to merge vendors in QuickBooks follow the complete article until the end.
Call Technical Support Number +1-888-300-3913 and Get Help Merging Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop
Important Points to Consider before Merging Vendors in QuickBooks
- Make sure to take a secure backup of your QuickBooks company file before merging vendors in QuickBooks.
- If you are running QuickBooks in Multi-User mode then switch it to Single-User mode.
- Ensure that the Multi-Currency feature in turned-off.
- Make sure you are not merging Tax Authorities vendors, Paid through Online Banking, Tax Exempt, and Direct Deposit vendors.
- The merge process cannot be undone so make sure you merge the accounts when you really need it.
- If you want to undo a merge then the only way is to restore the backup of the data file.
How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and Earlier Versions?
- Open QuickBooks and from the Vendor Center click Vendors.
- Note down the name of the vendors that needs to be merged.
- Now locate the vendor that requires merging and right-click it.
- Choose Edit and enter the name of the vendor that you want to merge it with.
- Click OK and once the confirmation screen pops up click Yes.
Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- Open QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and navigate to the Merge Vendor window.
- For Accountant version go to the Accountant section select Client Data Review and then click Merge Vendors.
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise users go to the Company tab, choose Accounting Tools and then select Merge Vendors.
- Now select the vendors that you want to merge and click Next.
- Now select the vendor in which you want to merge the other vendor and click Merge.
- Once the confirmation window pops up click Yes and then hit OK on the Merge Complete message.
Following the method mentioned above you can easily merge vendors in QuickBooks however you must plan everything before merging as it cannot be undone. If you need to consult a certified specialist before merging accounts in QuickBooks then you can contact us at our direct helpline number +1-888-300-3913 .
How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks has come up with a new feature of merging vendors. Merge vendors in QuickBooks feature allows you to consolidate all the transactions and update information as required. This will save a lot of your time and efforts as you can see all the transactions at one place.
In this blog, we will illustrate various things that should be considered before using this feature. So, let us begin!
Things to Remember: Merging Vendor in QuickBooks
- Before you merge vendors in QuickBooks, it is essential to take a few things into consideration:
- First thing you need to do is create a backup of your company file.
- Save the file names as ‘Single User mode’.
- There should not be any incomplete accountant changes.
- It is recommended not to use an Accountant’s Copy File(.QBA)
- Multi-currency should be turned off.
The vendors you have decided to merge should not be tax-exempt or authorities, direct deposit vendors or paid via online banking.
Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks 2019
- First of all, access Merge Vendors window by following these steps:
- For QuickBooks Desktop Accountant users: go to Accountant menu and select Client Date Review. After that, go to Merge Vendors.
- For QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise users: go to Company menu and select Accounting tools, then go to Merge Vendors.
- Now, select the vendors which need to be merged. Click on Next.
- Next, you have to select a Master Vendor and click on Merge.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- Click Ok on Merge Complete window.
Steps to Merge Vendors in QB 2018 and Older Versions
- Firstly, you have to select Vendors and then choose the Vendor Center.
- After that, right-click on vendor’s name.
- Choose Edit Vendor and then copy the vendor’s name.
- Click on Cancel to return on Vendor Center.
- Right-click on vendor’s name you want to merge.
- After that, choose Edit Vendor.
- Change the vendor name to the one you have copied and click Ok.
- Lastly, click Yes to proceed.
Although, we have tried detailing the steps of how to merge vendors in QuickBooks. If you still face any issues or want to know more about this feature. Feel free to reach us, our team of experts is always available to guide you. Give us a call at QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number +1-888-300-3913 for instant help.
How to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks?
Many a professional QB users are confused about whether they can merge vendors in the financial accounting software or not. But they are unaware of the fact that QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Accountant 2018 now allows to merge the duplicate vendor names quite easily. This can happen using the new merge Duplicate Vendors feature that allows a user to swiftly combine around four vendors at a time. Along with this, a user can also consolidate transactions to a master vendor and update all the required information. One can truly save up time in this process of cleaning the vendor list which may include deleting details of one vendor and transferring data to another.
To know more about merging vendors in QuickBooks, make sure that you read this article carefully till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at our toll-free customer support number +1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our QuickBooks professionals.
You might also read: Turn on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise
Brief into Merging Vendors in QuickBooks
Often QuickBooks users doubt if they could merge vendors or not. Well, a quick answer to their query is that yes it is very much possible for the users to merge vendors in QuickBooks. The simple process to merge vendors allows the users to consolidate all the transactions. Moreover, the users are not required to enter the transactions over and over again. In simple words, the merging process deletes one vendor and at the same time, reassigns the entire relevant data to the other vendor. After the process ends, the user will not be able to reverse the procedure. This simply means that changes are permanent, and should be done carefully.
Benefit of Merging of Vendors in QuickBooks
This feature allows you to consolidate all the transactions without entering them again and again, and from time to time. The process helps you to delete one vendor and re-assign the data to the new one or another one. But while the process is on, you must remember that the process cannot be reversed and deletion and transfer is permanent.
The following things you should keep in mind before you start merging of vendors in QuickBooks:
- Keep the backup file secured.
- Changes file’s name to ‘Single User mode’
- Ensure that there are no pending accountant changes
- An Accountant’s Copy File should not be used
- Turn off the Multi-currency
- Make sure that the vendors you want merge are not tax exempted or direct deposit vendors or authorities.
- The user should keep in mind that the only way to undo a merge is to restore the backup of the data file
- Also, it is important to ensure that he/she is not merging paid through online banking vendors, tax authorities vendors, and also the direct deposit vendors
Now, here’s the step by step guide for you to know the process of merging vendors in QuickBooks:
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2019
- The very first step is to access Merge Vendors Window:
- And then navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition > Accountant > Click on ‘Client Date Review’ > Merge Vendors
- Now, in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise > Company menu > Accounting Tools > Merge Vendors
- The user is then required to select all the vendors that are to be merged in Merge Vendors Window. Now, Click ‘Next’ button.
- Also, choose a Master Vendor and click ‘Merge’ option
- And the last step is that on confirmation prompt ‘Yes’, click OK on the Merge Complete window.
Steps to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2018
If you are a QuickBooks desktop 2018 user, then the steps for you to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2018 might vary. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to select ‘Vendors’ menu and select ‘Vendor Center’
- And then on the name of the vendor, right click and select ‘Edit vendor’
- Once done with that, the user needs to copy the name of the vendor.
- Also, click on Cancel to return to Vendor Center
- Followed by right clicking on name to merge and click on ‘Edit Vendor’ option
- The next step is to replace the existing with the copied one and click OK button.
- And towards the end of this process, the user needs to click Yes when a prompt appears to proceed
In case you are unable to merge the vendors or require any other assistance, you can consider QuickBooks enterprise support team for your concern. We provide best alternatives and our experts are available round the clock to assist you. You can also contact us on our toll-free support number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.