Download QuickBooks Desktop Learn how to download QuickBooks Desktop. Are you ready to download QuickBooks Desktop? The following sections provide the download links you need to get started and answer some frequently asked questions.
Download QuickBooks Desktop
First, download the appropriate installation file for your product.
To begin your installation, go to the Downloads & Updates page to get the download link for the version of QuickBooks you purchased.
To download the installation file:
- From the Downloads & Updates page, select your country, product, and version.
If you don’t know what version you use, see Not sure what version you use?
- Select Download.
If you already have QuickBooks Desktop and want to upgrade your product to a newer version, see Upgrade to a New Desktop version.
Questions about downloading
Activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- With QuickBooks Desktop open, press the F2 key.
- In the Product Information window, verify the registration status next to the License number.
If the status is Activated, you’re all set!
- If the status is Not Activated, select OK to close the Product Information window, then, from the Help menu, select Activate QuickBooks.
In line with Intuit’s discontinuation plan for older products, discontinued products cannot be registered for the first time. You can re-register discontinued products if they have been registered before and are being reinstalled.
You can contact us to get the validation code, but assisted support for discontinued products is no longer available.
Learn how to get QuickBooks Desktop for yourself and your client. You’ll also find your ProAdvisor license number in the same place.
You can download the accountant version of QuickBooks Desktop and versions you bought for your clients. Your ProAdvisor license number and other info are also in CAMPS.
Download your version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Sign in to your account portal with the email address you used to buy QuickBooks Desktop. It should be the same as your ProAdvisor sign-in.
- In the Manage your QuickBooks section, select QuickBooks Desktop.
- Find the version you need. You may see more than one.
- Select Download to get the install file.
- Select Details to see your license and product numbers. Note: You can also see your ProAdvisor license number when you download the accountant version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: If you don’t see what you need and have more than one Intuit account, check your sign-in info. Make sure you use your ProAdvisor sign-in info.
Download QuickBooks Desktop
I bought quickbooks desktop today but never received the confirmation so I have no way of downloading it to my computer. I can sign in but it keeps saying i have an intuit account but no quickbooks account!
Export account activity to QuickBooks
Download an export of your Stripe account data suitable for import into your desktop QuickBooks.
QUICKBOOKS ONLINE USERS
You can’t import IIF-formatted into QuickBooks Online. Instead, check out some of the available third-party accounting integrations that support one-click imports of your activity.
In addition to the CSV-formatted reports that are available for export in the Dashboard, information about payments, refunds, fees, and payouts is also available in a QuickBooks Desktop-compatible IIF file. You can download this within the Dashboard’s Legacy exports settings.
The exported IIF file creates the following nine accounts in QuickBooks, if they don’t already exist. All of the Stripe-created accounts are prefaced by Stripe to make them easy to locate and identify.
If these accounts already exist but are of a different type than what you see in the exports file, QuickBooks presents an error about being unable to change the account type. If this occurs edit the conflicting accounts to have the same type as the IIF file.
Always back up your QuickBooks data before importing new information.
Date format and timezones
The IIF file formats the date as MM/DD/YYYY. QuickBooks uses the same date format as your operating system. If this differs from the exported file, you can temporarily change your operating system’s date format:
- Set the date format in your operating system to MM/DD/YYYY.
- Import the QuickBooks IIF file.
- Change your operating system’s date format back to your preferred style.
Your account’s timezone setting is used for the date range of the IIF export.
Merging QuickBooks accounts
You may want to merge one or more of these created accounts with an existing QuickBooks account. In particular, you may want to merge the Stripe Checking Account, which represents the bank where your Stripe payouts are sent, with your actual banking account in QuickBooks:
- Select Lists > Chart of Accounts to view all of your accounts.
- Make sure both accounts being merged are on the same level (i.e., both can be sub-accounts or both can be primary level accounts).
- Select the account you are no longer going to use (e.g., Stripe Checking Account).
- Click Account > Edit Account at the bottom of the Chart of Accounts window.
- Change the name of this account to exactly match the name of the other account (the one you’ll be keeping).
- Click Save.
You’re then prompted about merging the account with an existing one. Click Yes to proceed with the merge, No to cancel. The records in the renamed account will be merged into the retained account. Accounts need to be re-merged after each new import.
Considerations for Connect platforms with Custom accounts
Platform owners with Custom accounts can view the Dashboard of connected Stripe accounts. From the connected account’s Dashboard, export an IIF file in the same way as a normal Stripe account.
Connect platforms creating charges on behalf of connected accounts that need to generate 1099s for Custom accounts must declare the correct tax-line mapping of the Stripe Third-Party Account. This expense account is given an initial tax-line mapping of 1099-MISC: Nonemployee compensation.
For QuickBooks to use Stripe Third-Party Account data for the generation of 1099s, you must first enable this feature within QuickBooks’ preferences.
- Select Preferences > Tax: 1099 > Company Preferences within QuickBooks.
- Click on the link in If you want to map your accounts to boxes on Form 1099-MISC, click here.
- In the resulting QuickBooks 1099 Wizard, select Stripe Third-Party Account under Accounts used for 1099.
- Under Apply payments to this 1099 box for Stripe Third-Party Account, select Box 7: Nonemployee compensation.
QODBC Driver for QuickBooks Download
This installer download of QODBC Driver is for all versions of QuickBooks Desktop, Licensed purchases, QuickBooks Enterprise edition, and the 30 day Evaluation period version.
If you would like to evaluate QODBC Driver for QuickBooks for free before purchasing, this installer is fully functional upon download and no code is required during the first 30 days. Simply fill out the form below and on the next page you will be able to download the installer. The only restriction of the evaluation version is 20 write operations per session. It works in desktop or server/teminal services operation modes during this period.
All of our products support QuickBooks USA, Canada and UK versions 2021-2003. QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise editions are supported
The current version of QODBC Driver for QuickBooks is 188.8.131.520 See our README document for changes in the latest version. You can download and update your current version of QODBC at no charge until your version of QuickBooks is upgraded.
QuickBooks Enterprise Users: This is the installer you should use for your free bundled edition of QODBC Read-Only Edition, simply skip any references to registration.
The power of QuickBooks Online with the speed and ease you expect on your desktop! Track sales and expenses, create estimates, manage customers, collaborate with your accountant, and more. Create professional-looking invoices and let customers pay you by credit card or bank transfer. Enjoy QuickBooks Online Desktop Client on your Windows, smartphone, tablet, and the web. Data syncs automatically so you’ll always have the latest information at your fingertips. Enjoy quick access to QuickBooks straight from your desktop (or dock), with additional features designed for PC or Mac users! Use multiple windows, keyboard shortcuts, and menus to speed through common tasks and workflows.
Time-saving features you’ll love:
- Launch the app straight from your desktop
- Stay permanently signed-in without typing your password
- Loading your QuickBooks Online data
- Switching between companies
- Keyboard shortcuts you already love
- Windows-like toolbar and menu
- Drag and drop them anywhere, even across screens and side by side
- Switch quickly between multiple tasks
- Save time with an automatic refresh of open windows
- A secure and dedicated app to access your data
- Go mobile your way on an iPad, iPhone or Android
- Everything works together and syncs automatically from any device
Download the app to your computer to access all of your online data right from your desktop. Leave your internet browser behind with the Online Windows app. Access your Online account, right from your desktop. Use keyboard shortcuts and multiple windows to take care of business faster.
What’s the difference between Desktop and Online version?
This software is a one-time purchase accounting software to be installed on your office desktop computer. Quick Books Online is a cloud-based subscription service that gives you the freedom to work from any device — anytime, anywhere.