QuickBooks is incredible bookkeeping software millions of small or medium-sized business organizers prefer using it as they find it constructive. QuickBooks has a plethora of features helping users to make the most complicating financial tasks easier. With this amazing application, you can track your transactions on a daily basis and also easily manage expenses, billing statements, and tax filling. Well, despite being the fact that it is vigorous software, also receives several errors. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss the one most common error i.e., QuickBooks Error 80070057. You will know the reason for its appearance and its comprehensive guide to fixing it soon. Thus, do not waste your time if you come across this error issue. Just keep on reading to learn!
What Does Error Code 0x80070057 Mean?
The Error Code 0x80070057 is a run-time error that usually appears in QuickBooks when you try to open a company file. Most of the time, the error evolves due to a communication gap between the QB company file and your network. However, the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 simply means that you do not have plenty of powers to remove/edit the QB files. Additionally, you won’t be eligible to modify the Company files stored in a specified folder. However, to prevent from using/opening/accessing the QuickBooks application until the error fixes. Continue walking through the post to know the productive solving instructions to this problematic error.
Several Error Messages Pops On The Screen
When you confront the Error 80070057 QuickBooks code, a couple of error messages display on the system. You can see either of the following error messages on your screen:
- 80070057: the parameter is incorrect.
- Error Status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or you do not have enough authorizations.
So, when you face any of these messages and want to resolve them, read this blog. The top-quality instructive guidance is proffer by our professional QuickBooks Technical Support team. We assure you that after implementing the following course of action, the error code 80070057 will dissolve from the root.
What Does It Mean When It Says The Parameter Is Incorrect?
When your Windows device says the Parameter Is Incorrect, it means that you are not authorized to access your data. In general, when you attempt to open the company file, it displays the error message “QuickBooks Error 80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect.” Learn what to do to solve it instantly.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Here are some of the exclusive reasons responsible for QuickBooks Error 80070057. Give a glimpse to check out them:
- Incorrect firewall and internet security settings most probably lead to the QuickBooks 80070057 Error Code.
- Maybe the .ND files are damaged or corrupt.
- This can also arise while opening the portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Another possible reason could be damaged QuickBooks files.
- In case the company file extension has been changed, then also such type of error occurs.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software can also result in Error 80070057 The Parameter Is Incorrect
- Most probably, having wrong QuickBooks extension such as .qbm, .qbb, .qbx for Windows files extension.
- Also, if the file extensions are wrong.
- Incorrect configuration of the third-party firewall.
Indications For QuickBooks Error 80070057
Following are the signs that could take place when you have QuickBooks Error 80070057:
- The QBs Company file will collapse all of sudden.
- The Error 80070057: The Parameter Is Incorrect error message pops up on the screen.
- Another possible symptom of the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is Windows starts freezing or running sluggishly.
- The Windows program crashes repeatedly or the system response is so slow.
- You do not have permission to delete the QBs company files.
How Do I Fix Error 80070057 In QuickBooks?
Imperative troubleshooting methods to solve QuickBooks Error 80070057 in the blink of an eye are listed beneath. You can frequently go through each one and give it a try one after another to eradicate your error problem. Let’s begin to follow:
1. Open Your QuickBooks Company File Accurately
When you open a company file in the wrong way in QuickBooks, chances would be high of facing Error Code 80070057 QuickBooks. That’s why, in the very beginning fixing guide, we recommend you open the file correctly. Here are the right steps you need to go through to open the company file:
- First, launch QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows PC.
- Next, choose the “Company File.”
- Now, just place a single tap on the “Open” tab.
This is exactly how you can open your company file in QuickBooks. If, in case, the QuickBooks Error 80070057 still persists, move to the next solving method.
2. Move Your Company File To Default Location
Transferring the company file to a default location in QuickBooks may work out. So, let’s do it by following the below steps:
- First and forecast, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, navigate to the location of the company file.
- Thereafter, place a right-click on the company file (.QBW).
- And then, select the “Copy” option.
- Now, you need to browse to the default location, put a right-click, and select “Paste”. The location to be selected is C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Now, once the file is placed at its default location, open QuickBooks and select “Find a Company File”.
- Now, choose the “Local Drives” option and search the company file name.
- At last, choose the correct company file in QuickBooks and then click “Open”.
This time, without throwing the 80070057 QuickBooks Error message, your company file will probably open. But if yet it doesn’t open, try out the next solution.
3. Rename the .ND File
The complete informative guidelines are enumerated underneath. Make a glance at given points along with performing these steps accordingly:
- In the beginning, step, navigate to a new copy of the Network Data (.ND) configuration files. You can find it under the QuickBooks Company folder.
- Now, log in as the Windows administrator and then locate the “QB company file” folder.
- Next, search the ‘.nd’ extension file that is been connected with the QB company file that has the issues.
- Once you finally find the desired file, then, either rename it or delete it as soon as you can.
- To rename the .ND files, simply put a right-click on it and click the “Rename” option.
- Afterward, start typing by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- And to delete the .ND files, simply give a right-click on it and select the “Delete” button.
Now, check to see if the QuickBooks Error 80070057 has been resolved or yet persists. Feel free to jump to the next solving method if the upper one doesn’t work out.
4. Run QuickBooks As A Windows System Administrator
Make sure QuickBooks has sufficient permissions as only then you can access your QuickBooks company file without any errors. Here’s how to run QBs with admin ultimate permissions:
- First, you should close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, place a right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- Afterward, choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- If your company file didn’t open automatically, then simply choose the company file and then select the “Open” tab.
5. Validate the Company File Name Extension
If none of the above methods is fruitful in eliminating QuickBooks Error Code 80070057, verify your company files name extension. Here’s the process to do so:
- First and foremost, choose the Company file and hit a right-click on it.
- Afterward, choose the “Properties” tab.
- Now, click on the “QuickBooks” tab.
- Enter the file extension in the “Filename” field and the QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- In the end, click “OK.”
Step 1: Modify The File Extension
- For the file extension modification, you need to create a new folder.
- After that, copy your company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Thereafter, give a right-click on the newly created folder and then choose the “Rename” option.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm and then click “Save” to make the final changes.
- Afterward, open QuickBooks to restore the Portable company file.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you encounter any technical glitches during the QuickBooks opening.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and Restore the Backup.
- If you are unable to open the file, you can rename the extension to .qbx.
- At the end of the result, Open QB Convert to an accounting copy.
Step 2: Copy The Company File And Paste It To Another Location in Flash Drive
- First, open the “Windows Explorer” and “QuickBooks”.
- Now, go to the “File” menu, place a right-click on it, and select the “New Folder” tab.
- Now, copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from the flash drive, and then paste it into a new folder.
- In the end, open QuickBooks and open a new folder as well to access the company file.
If, unfortunately, still, you experience QuickBooks Error 80070057, then perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks. This may help you to resolve your problem.
How Do I Fix Error Code On Windows 10?
- Download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on Windows 10 PC.
- Perform a completely clean installation of QuickBooks on your Windows 10.
- Furthermore, you can convert your Company files from Mac to your Windows system.
- Additionally, you can run the QuickBooks database server manager directly on your Windows 10 operating server.
- Even though, you can update your QuickBooks to the current release to remove QuickBooks Error 80070057 problem. After confirming that QuickBooks is up-to-date and covered with loads of interesting features, you will no longer receive the error.
Read Also- QuickBooks Error 3371
Grab One-Stop QuickBooks Technical Support Anytime Anywhere
Not satisfied with the above productive solutions? Are you still getting QuickBooks Error 80070057 while opening the QuickBooks Company File? Don’t panic! Just take a chill pill! We are 24/7 available at QuickBooks Technical Support to assist you. You can anytime contact us via dialing the helpline number. We become happy by serving 100% quality assistance to helpless candidates.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 (The Parameter is Incorrect)?
Unleash the ways to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057 like a Pro:
Came across QuickBooks error code 0x80070057 and found it difficult to get out of it? Well, this is situation is quite relatable for majority of users, as encountering “The parameter is Incorrect Error 80070057” is one of the most common issue as reported. You might stumble upon such an error when you try to open the company file. There are numerous facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057, which we will be discussing later.
This error code is generally seen with an error message stating:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
QuickBooks Error: “80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…”
Considering various aspects, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057. To unleash those facts, make sure to read this article till the end, or you can consult our QuickBooks error support team and ask them for guidance. We will ensure to provide the best possible support services in no time.
What is QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks error 80070057 is one of the most common error faced by QuickBooks users, which states that the parameter is incorrect, especially when the company file is opened up. This error code indicates that you are not having enough permission to delete the files. This error can be fixed by carrying out the steps mentioned in this post later on. So, make sure to stay tuned to the post till the end.
You may see the following error message on your screen when trying to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks error 80070057?
Checkout the following symptoms you may see when error 80070057 takes place in your QuickBooks desktop.
- The error code 80070057 can be identified if the company file collapsed suddenly.
- The parameter is incorrect error message pop up appears on the screen:
- Another symptom can be if the system freezes.
- The program window crashes repeatedly or sluggish system response.
- System crashes often and you might not have permission to delete the company files.
- User not having the permission to delete the company files.
What leads to QuickBooks error 80070057?
This error usually encounters when a user try to open a company file from a workstation which is located in another web server or host computer. Following are the potential causes that leads the QuickBooks error 80070057:
- Wrong firewall and internet security settings can be one of the most common reasons.
- .ND file gets damaged somehow.
- You are trying to open the portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Another potential reason behind the occurrence of the error can be damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- In case the company file extension has been changed, then this kind of issue could be seen.
- Also, if the file extensions are wrong.
- Another reason for the same can be the third party firewall not configured.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Now that you have explored the symptoms, as well as the causes of QuickBooks error 80070057, it is time to find out the ways to fix the issue so you can get back to working on QuickBooks. We will check out each of the ways one by one:
Method 1: Open up company file properly
If you open the company file correctly, then this error code can be avoided. Thus, the very first method is to open the company file correctly. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step is to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- And then choose the company file.
- Now hit a click on open option.
The point to be noted here is that, if the file is located on a remote system, then make sure to learn the process to access it correctly.
Method 2: Move the company file to default location
Another method is to move the company file to the default location. In case the company file is saved on a different location, then you need to move it to the default location. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Browse to the location of the company file.
- Hit a right click on the company file, followed by selecting copy option.
- Browse to the default location, along with that, right click and select paste. The location to be selected is: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks desktop along with that select find a company file.
- Followed by, selecting local drives, and then spot the company file name.
- Last but not the least, choose the correct company files and then click on open.
The point to be noted here is that, if you are using the multi-user mode, ensure to share the files after they are moved.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 80?
Method 3: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above two methods didn’t work for you, then in that case you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this case are as follows:
- First step in this process is to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub file, and then save it to the system.
- Once done with that, you need to double click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it. And follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click the icon and open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Go for the company file issues tab.
- Followed by, selecting run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now select the company file from the drop down menu, in file doctor.
- If you are unable to find the company file and then choose Browse and search option to find the company file.
- Choose the check your file option and then click on continue option.
- Moving ahead, enter the QuickBooks admin password, followed by selecting the next option.
- The final step in the process is to open QuickBooks and the company file to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest release
To fix the issue, you can also update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. Many times, the outdated version of the software might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start off with moving to the help menu.
- Click on the update QuickBooks.
- Launch the update now tab and choose the reset update option, only if you wishes to erase the earlier update downloads.
- Followed by selecting the get updates option and then hit the start QuickBooks again option.
- At last, verify that the error is resolved or not.
Method 5: Verify the company file name extension
If none of the above methods worked for you till now, then you can verify the company file name extension. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- Hit a right click on company file.
- Go for Properties tab.
- Now hit a click on QuickBooks tab. Please note that the file extension in the filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- At last, hit a click on OK button.
Change the extension
- In order to change the extension, create a new folder.
- Later on, copy the company file, along with that paste it to a new folder.
- Next step is to right click the new folder and then select the rename icon.
- Once done with that, change the QB file extension with the .qbm
- Now hit a click anywhere to save the changes.
- You are supposed to restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks desktop.
- In case you are facing any problem, rename the extension to .qbb
- Next, you are then required to open QuickBooks, followed by restore the backup.
- The next step is to rename the extension to .qbx, if the file doesn’t open.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks convert to an accounting copy.
Copy the company file and then paste it to another folder in flash drive
- Firstly open the Windows explorer, followed by opening QuickBooks.
- And then move to the file icon, along with that right click and select the new folder icon.
- Next step is to copy the company file .QBW out of the flash drive, and then paste it into a new folder.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks desktop and open a new folder.
Method 6: Run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator
You can also run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator. This could resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- Firstly you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click to the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose Run as administrator option.
- After following these steps If your company file did not open automatically, then choose the company file, and select Open.
Method 7: Performing a clean installation of QuickBooks
When none of the issues work, you can simply opt for the clean installation of QuickBooks. This process involves uninstalling and reinstalling of the software. It can remove the technical snags and can help you in getting rid of the issue up to great extent. So, try carrying out a clean installation or use the clean install tool.
Method 8: Configuring the BitDefender
The process to configure the BitDefender one is not mandatory, as not every user is having BitDefender. In case you are making use of the BitDefender, then it can work in fixing the issue. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- Initially navigate to the BitDefender 10.0 menu and then select the antivirus program.
- Followed by visiting the custom level opt and then choose the exclude path from the scan.
- Next step is to select the new item option.
- And end the process by selecting the mapped drive or UNC path used to browse the company file.
You may see also: How to repair QuickBooks desktop company file?
Method 9: Configure firewall settings
Many times, the firewall and other security services can become a hurdle in smooth working of the software. This demands configuring the firewall settings. You can carry out the steps below to configure firewall settings:
- The first step is to add exceptions in the firewall.
- And then carry out the onscreen or the firewall provider’s instructions for changing the firewall settings. This allows you to send and receive the data.
- The final steps is to uninstall and reinstall the firewall and check if the issue persists.
Method 10: Manually resolving QuickBooks error 80070057
In case none of the above methods worked in fixing the issue, it is recommended to try out a few manual steps to get rid of error 80070057 permanently. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Change the name of .ND files
- In this step you need to browse to the location of the company file.
- And then look for the corresponding .ND file.
- Now hit a right click to the .ND file and then hit rename option.
- Followed by typing in .old at the end of the file name.
The point to be noted here is that, you can only proceed to the below steps, in case you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks database server manager on the server
- First of all download and install QuickBooks Tool hub and then, select the network issues there in.
- Once done with that, you need to hit a click on the QuickBooks database server manager. In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, then you will be prompted to install it.
- Next, select the start scan option, which can be found inside the QuickBooks database server manager, if the company file folder gets displayed. In case they aren’t, Browse to the location of the company file and then hit Start scan.
- End the process by choosing Close option.
Read this also: Steps to fix QuickBooks desktop won open problem
Wrapping it Up!
QuickBooks error 80070057 can be very much frustrating for users to deal with. However, following the above methods might help you in fixing the issue with much ease. If by any chance the error persists, or in case of any query, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals, using our dedicated support line i.e.
Our team of U.S. based accounting professionals and CPA’s will ensure to provide you the best possible support in fixing the error code 0x80070057 and various other accounting issues/problems.
Easier Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 0x80070057
Accounts Manager created the Company File in QB 2014 and tried opening this file with the same program. However, the file doesn’t open. When he tries to open it within QB 2014, it shows an error message that the file was created in the earlier version and when he double-clicks on the file, it displays the following error message: “0x80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. This error indicates that Manager is getting QuickBooks Error 0x80070057 while opening the file, also indicates that Manager doesn’t have enough rights to read/write and create/delete the Company File. No need to worry. Opt for easier and smarter QuickBooks recovery tool with the user-friendly and self-guiding interface that helps the user to perform and resolve faster.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error 0x80070057
- User tries to open file with double-click rather than from inside the QuickBooks
- Company file extensions has changed
- QB is damaged
- QuickBooks detects file damage at the time of installation
- Third-party Firewall is not configured for QB
- User tries to open a portable file without opening the application
- Application Bitdefender is in use which blocks certain ports by default.
Quick Resolutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 0x800070057
- Maybe the user is trying to open the file using a flash drive. Copy the file to hard-drive and then open the file. This might resolve the error.
- If the error erupts during QuickBooks installation, re-download the program and then open the file.
- QuickBooks never opens in old updates. Check for latest updates, install and get started.
- Double-click is certainly a no-no to open any Company file. Open all files within the application.
- Modify Firewall Rules to allow Ports pertaining to QB
- Configure Bitdefender to allow QB Desktop communication
What Else You Can Do to Resolve QuickBooks Error 0x800070057?
Ideally, two main steps resolve this error and let the user open the file
- Rename Company file
- Rescan Company file
- Rename the .nd file.
- Locate the folder and open the Company file.
- Search for the corresponding .nd file of targeted company file.
- Right-click on the .nd file and proceed to Rename this file
- Suffix the filename with .old at the end
- Rescan Company file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Note: This step is applicable if the file is available over the network hence perform this step on the Server only.
- Press the Windows key and type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click Add Folder to display Browse window.
- Select the folder where your company file is stored and click OK.
- Click Scan
- After the scanning is over, try to re-open the company file.
What If Nothing Works?
If you are unable to open the file and experience the same error after trying the above-mentioned resolution methods, try using a QuickBooks file repair software.
Features – Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software
- Unique and multifunctional QB files recovery tool mends all errors as available in the system and enables opening of the Company file. This software recovers all components of the Company, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Supports multiple currencies hence valid across most languages
- Supports versions as old as 2007 to the latest 2021 and compatible with all versions including Simple Start, Premier, Professional, and Enterprise Editions
- Provides a preview of recoverable data for content verification
- If required, supports the recovery of data from QuickBooks backup file
- Promotes file-finding from the available folders
Steps to Resolve QB Error with Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software
- Download, Install and run the software
- Browse the QuickBooks file you want to repair from the given interface. If the filename is not known, try to find the file from the Find option.
- Click on Scan. A preview of recoverable Company information is displayed. Click on the Customers, Vendors, or Employees tab from the main menu to preview their data.
- After previewing the data, click on Save. A window opens with file-saving options. Click on ‘Browse’ button and provide the location for the new blank company file or the QuickBooks® backup file (QBB). Select QuickBooks version and click on the ‘Save’ button to initiate the saving process as shown in the figure below:
Once the selected QuickBooks file is repaired, you will see a ‘Repair Process Complete’ message window.
QuickBooks is prone to innumerable errors. While you can try to troubleshoot the errors manually, Stellar Repair for QuickBooks® Software can prove handy in fixing data damage on QB data files. This software enables users to resolve all possible errors including QuickBooks error 0x800070057. The one-time solution for all QB errors lets the user work uninterruptedly thus providing a tension-free work environment.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
QuickBooks is an innovative bookkeeping and accounting software that millions of business owners across the world find useful. It allows them to handle some of the most complicated tasks such as tracking daily transactions, managing expenses, invoicing customers and tax filing. But, despite being a robust software it sometimes receives errors.
Today, through this blog I am going to discuss on one of the most common error code that is reported by many QB users in the community.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a run-time error that generally appears when you try to open a company file. This error is usually associated with the communication issues with the QB Company file over the network on different machine (Server or Host).
QuickBooks Error 80070057 simply means that you do not have the adequate permissions to delete/eliminate the QB files in the specified folder. You can use/open/access the QuickBooks application in the multi-user environment if you have access to read/ write and have the authority to delete/create QuickBooks Company files stored in a specific folder.
When this error occurs, the system displays an error message that says:
80070057: the parameter is incorrect
Error Status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or You do not have sufficient permissions
If you want to resolve this error by yourself, follow the below given instructions that are provided by industries best accounting professionals. Furthermore, you can also take quick assistance from our QuickBooks enterprise experts anytime by dialing toll-free 1-844-405-0907.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Here are some of the potential reasons due to QB Error 80070057 occur:-
- Damage Network Data (.ND) file(s): Network Data (.ND) files are the configuration files that stores relevant information/details of QuickBooks Company Files accessibility in the multi-user mode. It enables the programs & other applications to identify the database server that it will utilize. This generally happens that when the users try to move or delete the .ND files on the host or server machine, then file turn to an unreadable file. Hence, it leads to the Error Code 80070057.
- Improper Firewall & Internet Security Setting: Sometimes, System Security applications and Firewall configuring incorrectly or improperly that tends to distort the communication path between QuickBooks Desktop & QB Database Server. In this scenario, the chances of experiencing QB Error code 80070057 elevate a lot.
- This error code can also be arises when the QB user tries a direct attempt to open/access the QB company file via shared folder. This generally happens because only server or the host computer have the permission to access or open the QB server files.
- The antivirus used is BitDefender, which blocks uncommon ports when there is data traffic between the computers. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017 and 2016 which uses the database service running on the host computer. This database service communicates through the ports 56728(2018), 56727(2017) and 56726(2016) respectively. Bit defender blocks these ports by the default manner.
Some Other Possible Causes of QB Error 80070057
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because of changed company file extension.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software.
- Incorrect QuickBooks extension such as .qbm, .qbb, .qbxfor Windows file extension.
- Use of a third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access a portable company file before opening QB software.
Latest Methods to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 80070057
Check out these 5 Possible fixes for QuickBooks Error 80070057 through the below given info-graphic. You can skip this part and follow below given steps if you want to see the in-depth troubleshooting steps for this error.
Follow below possible methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 80070057:-
Solution 1: Edit or Delete the .nd File
- At first, jump to a new copy of the Network Data (.nd) configuration files in the QuickBooks Company folder.
- Ensure that all the users are logged out/sign out, and then shutdown the QuickBooks application on the entire machines.
- Login as the system administrator and then go the QB company file folder.
- Find the .nd extension file that associated with the QB company file that’s have the issues.
- If you will be successful to find the desired file then, either rename it or delete it. This action will tends to automatic creation of the file itself in both the scenario.
Solution 2: Rescan your File using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Note: This step is only applicable if you are using the company file over the network. We recommend you to perform this process on your server
- In the file hosting system or server, open/access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Later, re-scan the entire QB company file folder.
- Now Go to the windows “Taskbar” tab, enter the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” and then choose the “Open” icon.
- In case, you notice that QB company file are already listed:-
- Select the “Scan” option.
- Hit onto the “Add Folder” tab.
- Go to the folder location, select the desired folder and press the “OK” button. Later, hit onto the “Scan” option.
- The scan process will reconfigure the ‘QuickBooks File Sharing Permission’. Thus, it enable all the computers to access the permission which tends to report error associated with the firewall & Internet Security Settings.
- Try to open the QuickBooks software on both the host computer & the system showing QB error code 80070057.
Solution 3: Reconfigure the BitDefender
- Firstly, Go to the ‘BitDefender 10.0’ menu, select the “Antivirus” option.
- Choose the “Custom level” icon => “Exclude path from scan” option.
- Select the “New item” tab.
- Choose the “mapped drive” or “UNC path” feature. Both of them use to browse the QB Company files .i.e. “Q:\”
You may also read: Ways to solve QuickBooks error code 1335
Solution 4: Download, Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- To resolve this error you can take help of the QuickBooks File Doctor (QFD) tool.
- You just need to download and install this tool to your PC first and then run it.
- This tool will automatically detect all the damaged or corrupted files and repair them.
Solution 5: Authenticate the company file name Extension
- First of all, you need to Select the Company file and right click on it.
- After that select the Properties option.
- Click on QuickBooks tab.
- Now Enter the file extension in the Filename field and version of the QuickBooks software in the last opened with a file.
- Finally click on OK button.
Step 1: Change the File Extension
- Right click on the screen and choose create a new folder.
- Copy and paste the Company file into a new folder.
- Now give a right click on the folder and choose Rename option.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm and click on Save to made changes.
- Open QuickBooks to restore the Portable company file.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you encounter any issue in opening QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If you are unable to open the file, rename the extension to .qbx
- Finally, Open QB Convert to an accounting copy.
Step 2: Copy the company file from its current location and paste it into a different folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File”, Right-click and choose the New Folder.
- Copy “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and open a new folder.
Solution 6: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- Perform a clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QB Desktop.
Solution 7: Converting Files from Mac to Windows
- Go to Windows function and use the Back-Up option to convert QuickBooks from Mac to Microsoft Windows.
See Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code 6176?
Use the steps shown above to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057..! If you need immediate help & support for the QB problems – you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support helpline number i.e. We are available round the clock and provide you with the best services that you need.
7 Quick Tricks to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
This means the user has not enough permission for deleting the files from the particular folder. In this situation make sure that you must have read/write permission and also able to create/delete rights to access the company file.
Well, this is very frustrating and there are many unpleasant reasons behind getting the QuickBooks Error 80070057. So here have a look at the common reasons and how to fix the error 80070057.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect
- Due to the change in company file extension
- While trying to open the company file with a double-click rather than from inside the QuickBooks.
- Due to QuickBooks installation is damaged
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is in wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- The third-party firewall is not configured for your QuickBooks.
- While trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks open
- Or you might be working on a file that situated on USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks detects company file corruption during installation of QB
- The application like Bitdefender is in use that tries to blocks certain ports by default.
These are some of the common reasons that cause the QuickBooks error 80070057 or 0x80070057. Now try the given possible manual solutions to fix the error code 80070057 in QuickBooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Well, there is no any exact solution that helps you to fix the QuickBooks error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect. So here try different working solutions one by one to fix the error
Solution 1: Run as Administrator
Try to re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop; this may help you to fix the error in QuickBooks. To do so
- Right-click the program icon.
- Choose Run as administrator.
Now check if the QuickBooks error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Open Company File after the QuickBooks Program has Already Opened
Unlike other programs, the QuickBooks Desktop is designed to be opened from inside the program and NOT by double-clicking on the company file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- On the keyboard > hit Windows key > choose All Programs.
Please Note: The Windows 8 and 10 users need to enter in QuickBooks.
- Now choose the QuickBooks version that you are trying to open.
- If the company file did not open automatically > choose the company file > select Open.
Solution 3: Move Company File Folder to Local Drive
If you are still encountering the QuickBooks error 80070057, then move your Company file to a folder on the C:\ drive (by default), so that the entire network on the computer can have access to the file.
Solution 4: Verify the Company File Name Extension
In some cases, it is found that the company file name extension is causing the QuickBooks error 80070057.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click the company file.
- Now choose properties > click QuickBooks tab.
Please Note – The file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- And lastly, click OK.
Now check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Change the Extension
If the QuickBooks error 80070057 is still persisting, then try changing the file extension of the QuickBooks.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, create a new folder
- And copy the company file > paste it into a new folder.
- Right-click on the new folder > select Rename
- Now change the file extension to .qbm
- And to save changes click anywhere.
- Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If still facing issue during opening QuickBooks > then rename the extension to .qbb
- Next, open the QuickBooks desktop > restore the Backup.
- However, if the file does open the rename the extension to .qbx
- Open QuickBooks Convert to an Accounting copy.
Solution 6: Copy the Company File and Paste it into Another Folder in Flash Drive
If changing the file extension won’t work for you then follow the given steps to copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash Drive.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now go to the File option right-click and choose New Folder.
- Next, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive > paste it in the new folder.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
If this works for you then well and good but if not then it is worth to handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 7: Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
It is also found that the third party installed antivirus is not configured to QuickBooks then due to this the users are getting the QuickBooks error 80070057 while trying to open the company file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu > choose Antivirus.
- And choose Custom Level > select to Exclude path from the scan.
- Or else choose the New item
- Lastly, select the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse the company file. Such as “Q:\”
So these are some of the manual fixes that work for you to fix QuickBooks error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect. But if not then it is worth to make use of the automatic repair tool to fix the error code 80070057.
Automatic Solution: QuickBooks File Repair Tool
Try the professional recommended QuickBooks File Repair Tool, this is able to fix any type of QuickBooks error 80070057. This is designed with the advanced algorithm to scans, detect and fix the QuickBooks Files (QBW) errors easily. This allows you to repair corrupt or damaged QuickBooks files and recover everything stored in it. It not only fixes errors but also recovers important information like vendors, company, financial information, employees, customers, payroll transactions and many other. It is easy to use even a novice user can make use of it easily.
Steps To Use QuickBooks File Repair Tool
Step 1: Download and install QuickBooks File Repair Tool and click on “Select File” button if you know the location of QuickBooks files or select “Search Files” if you don’t know the location of files.
Step 3: After then, click on the “Company” button to see the preview of scanned company information.
Step 4: By clicking on ‘Customer’ button, you can see the customer related information.
Step 5: Click on “Vendors” button to see the information of vendors.
Step 6: If you want to see the information of employees click on “Employees” button.
Step 7: Click on the “Repair” button, a “Save As” dialog box will appear select version, path and then click on the ‘Start’ button.
Step 8: If the repair process is successfully completed then a message will appear as “repair process completed successfully”. Now click ‘OK’ and close the box.
QuickBooks is a very necessary file and allows the users to perform various tasks, but in many cases, this gets corrupted and start showing QuickBooks error 80070057.
So, here in this article follow the complete information about the error 80070057 and try the fixes to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057.
If the manual solution won’t work for you then try the automatic solution this help you to fix all sorts of QuickBooks errors.