When you purchase a new QuickBooks Desktop product, you are provided with a license key or validation code to validate the product. You can get the license information on the packaging sticker when you purchase the installation disk for QuickBooks software. On the other hand, if you make this purchase online, then the license key will be sent to you through an email provided in CAMPS (Customer Account Management Portal). Every time, you make an attempt to install or update the software, you just need to provide the license information compulsorily. However, if lost or forgotten, you can find QuickBooks validation code in the registry by reading this post until the end.
Where Can I Find QuickBooks Registration File?
Your QuickBooks purchase and registration information are stored in the QBRegistration.dat file. There are different ways to find this file on your system:
- Navigate through C:\ Program Data\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder
- Search “QBRegistration” from your Windows File Explorer and open the file directly from QuickBooks
Below, you can find the detailed method to open the QuickBooks registration file from QuickBooks Desktop to regain the license information required in various operations.
How to Find QuickBooks License Key in Registry?
Follow the below-given steps to find QuickBooks validation code in registry with absolute ease:
- Launch QuickBooks application and press F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window
- Now on the Product Registration window, hit F3 and you will see the Tech Help window next
- On Open File tab, you have to click QBRegistration.dat file from the list
- If the file does not open automatically, select Notepad from the list of programs on your Windows and then hit OK
- Press CTRL+F simultaneously on your screen and then type LicenseNumber in the blank area
- Press Find to locate the product license registration number next to the highlighted text
- Note down the validation code/license number for the re-registration of the QuickBooks program
- Follow our user-friendly guide to change QuickBooks license number
With the above-described steps, you can find QuickBooks validation code in the registry. However, you may receive an error message on providing validation code/license number during the installation of the QuickBooks software such as:
- The validation code is incorrect. Please verify the number and enter it again.
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
- You have entered incorrect license/product numbers. Please check the numbers carefully.
In these conditions, you need to contact a qualified QB expert.
How do I Find My QuickBooks Validation Code When the Steps Don’t Work For Me!
The above-described steps can help you in finding the QuickBooks license information from within the registry. However, if you find some technical difficulty in performing the solution, get in touch with the experts without wasting any further time. Dial our Toll-Free QuickBooks error support helpline number and find QuickBooks validation code in registry with expert’s guidance.
How to Find QuickBooks License Number and Product Number?
QuickBooks license and product number have an important role as these numbers are required to install and activate the QuickBooks software. To install the software properly, you will first have to find QuickBooks license number so that you can add it to your QuickBooks to activate the software application.
For some users, the process might get difficult. Therefore, we are going to show you easy ways for how to find QuickBooks license number and product number. Let’s read ahead!
In this guide, we will talk about different ways to find QuickBooks license numbers. Also, how you can register the license and product key to activate the QuickBooks services.
Learn about QuickBooks License and Product Number
QuickBooks Desktop license and product number are unique codes. These codes help you to install or reinstall the software properly. Therefore, it is important to note down the product key and license numbers before you install the QuickBooks Desktop. In case these two codes are incorrect then you can change the number in order to re-attempt the process.
If you have no idea how to find license and product number for QuickBooks then don’t worry. Here, in the guide, we have come up with different ways to find the license and product number and then use them to install the software. So, let’s know about the ways to find QuickBooks license number.
Must Read: How to Add an Account to QuickBooks Online?
Where to Find License Number in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks license and product number are essential to install the software and keep the files work, records, and other operations in continuity. Now, if we talk about finding these unique codes then these can be found in different ways.
For instance, you can find QuickBooks license number in registry, QuickBooks packaging, confirmation email, QuickBooks lookup web page, and installation disc. Below we will show how you can find your license in the specified locations.
Find QuickBooks License and Product Number in Packaging
In case you have bought a physical copy of QuickBooks software then you can find the license and product key on the sticker. All you have to do is check the sticker and note down the codes to install or reinstall the QuickBooks software.
Check Confirmation Email to Find License Number for QuickBooks
Those who purchase the QuickBooks software online (from Intuit’s website) also receive the confirmation email on your registered email address. You can check that confirmation email in your inbox. The email contains product information including license number and product number for installing QuickBooks software.
Insert an Installation Disc to Find QuickBooks License Number
If you prefer to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using a CD then you just have to insert that installation CD into the computer where the QuickBooks Desktop is installed. Then, on your screen, you will have to choose the Reinstall QuickBooks option. This will show you the license and product key on your computer screen.
Visit QuickBooks License Web Page to Find the Product Information
To access the product and license key, you can go to the Intuit License Lookup page and then add your login details such as username and password you can also use QuickBooks automated password reset tool in case you forgot the password . This will display the product and license number on your account.
Find QuickBooks License Number in Registry
A registry is another way through which you can find the product and license key. For that, you can follow the steps instructed below:
- Launch your QuickBooks software on your computer.
- Press the “F2” key on the keyboard.
- When you see the “Product Registration” page, use the “F3” key.
- In the “Tech Help” screen, click on the “Open File” option.
- Then, from the list of files, click on the “QBRegistration.dat” file.
- In case you don’t see the file automatically then click on “Notepad” from the program’s list and hit the “OK” button.
- Now, use the “Ctrl + F” keys to type “License Number” in the box.
- Click on the “Find” button and the text with the license number will be highlighted.
You can now note down this number and use it as code validation to re-register your QuickBooks Desktop.
So these are the different locations to find license number for QuickBooks. Depending on the type of software copy you have purchased, you can find the product or license key. If you purchased the software online then you can find the product information in your emails or the Intuit website.
On the other hand, if you go with the physical copy then you can locate the product key on the sticker of the packaging or insert CD to see the codes.
Since you have learned how to find your QuickBooks license number, you should also know how to use the product and license key to activate your software. Let’s continue reading.
How to Use a License Number to Activate QuickBooks?
To complete the installation process, one has to note down the product and license keys. Once you are ready with the product information, you can carry out the instructions stated below:
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the “F2” key on the keyboard.
- Then, open the “Product information” window to check the registration status.
This will show you the status: Activated. In case your software application is not activated then you do the following:
- Click on the “OK” tab when the status read “NOT ACTIVATED” and close the window.
- Now click on the “Help” menu.
- Go to the “Activate QuickBooks” option.
- Then, follow the instructions given on your screen.
After verifying the details, you can complete the software activation process. This is how you can find QuickBooks license number on hard drive and add it to activate QuickBooks.
How to Update QuickBooks Product and License Number?
There are users who prefer to change the product and license number in QuickBooks without reinstalling the software. If that is the case, you can easily update the product information.
Now, this can be done in different ways. For instance, you can access the files through QuickBooks, open the file using Windows Explorer, or edit the qbregistration.dat file. Let’s know more in the following discussion.
Note: These steps to change the license or product number can be followed on Windows computers.
Open the File via QuickBooks
- Use the “F2 + F3” keys on your computer. This will bring the “Tech Help” window.
- Now, click on the “QBREGISTRATION.DAT” option.
- Click on the “Open File” option.
- Then, make a backup of your “qbregistration.dat” file.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Now, in the “Tech Help” window, click on the “Open the file” option.
- Now, close your “QuickBooks” software. Though you need to open the “qbregistratio.dat file” somewhere on your computer.
Access the File via Windows Explorer
- Open your QuickBooks common files.
- Then, go to this location: C: Program Data Common Files intuit QuickBooks.
- Now, click right on the “qbregistration.dat” file.
- Open the file using “Notepad”.
- Once done, make a backup for the “qbregistration.dat” file.
- Then, save this file on your desktop.
- In the end, open the same file from the common file window.
Edit the qbregistration.dat file
- First, you have to check the QuickBooks version for which you wish to change the license number.
- Then, you can replace the “InstallIDcorrect product code”. It is suggested to follow the “XXX-XXX” format. Also, make sure that you add the brackets.
- Next to this, replace your “license number” using the right number.
- Then, you can save the file.
- Restart your device.
- Once done, launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, open the “Product information” window using the “F2” key.
After following all these steps, you can check if the product and license number has been changed. These are all the ways to open and edit the file.
To Wind Up
Finding the QuickBooks product or license key is easy. You can pick different locations to do that. For instance, you can find QuickBooks license number in registry, QuickBooks packaging, confirmation email, QuickBooks lookup web page, and installation disc.
After finding your product information, you can use it for activating your QuickBooks software application. In case it is required in the future then you can also change or update the product and license numbers based on the QuickBooks version. For instance, you can access the files through QuickBooks, open the file using Windows Explorer, or edit the qbregistration.dat file.
We hope you have understood all the ways to locate and add the license and product number for QuickBooks.
In case you are planning to backup and restore files in QuickBooks, then you can read this guide to find easy ways.
How to Find a Lost Quickbooks Product & License Number
Finding the license key and product number for QuickBooks is essential to reinstalling the software and keeping continuity of records and operations when you upgrade to a new computer. You have several places that you can look for the two numbers, depending on how you purchased the software and whether you registered it with Intuit. Intuit customer support can help you in the event you can’t find the numbers, as long as you have proof of purchase.
Look on the QuickBooks packaging for a sticker with the license and product numbers. If you purchased QuickBooks online, you can find the license and product numbers in the confirmation email received after purchasing the software.
Insert the installation disc into a computer that has QuickBooks installed. Select “Reinstall QuickBooks.” Write down the numbers in the “License and Product Number” window.
Navigate to the Intuit QuickBooks License Lookup Web page (link in Resources), and then enter your Intuit username and password. If the website is unable to find your information, or if you haven’t registered your software with Intuit, contact Intuit . You’ll need to provide proof of purchase to receive a license and product number.
How can you Find QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry?
QuickBooks is a popular accounting application among small and medium-sized enterprises. It provides not only basic bookkeeping services but also offers advanced business management features through its add-on features. Software counterfeiting is a significant concern for the cyber world, and thus companies come up with measures to tackle it. QuickBooks ensures the authenticity of its users through the license key and validation code. You can purchase the installation disk of the QuickBooks Desktop application or download it from the web. When you buy it online, you get the code e-mailed to you. In case of offline purchase, the code comes along with the installation disk. You will need to find QuickBooks validation code in registry if you lose the mail or the offline copy. The validation code is required when you install the application on your system and register it. It is also required for successive updates. Through this blog, we will discuss the detailed steps and other related aspects of finding QuickBooks validation code in the Windows registry.
How to Find QuickBooks License Key in Registry?
If you are wondering how to find QuickBooks license key in registry, this section contains the detailed steps for you:
- Click on the QuickBooks Desktop application icon on your computer to launch it.
- Press the F2 key when the application starts to reach the Product Information page.
- Now, press the F3 key to open the Tech Help page.
- On this page, click on the ‘Open File’ tab.
- Navigate through the list of files to find the QBRegistration.dat file and click on it.
- If clicking on it fails to open the file, right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Open with’ and then select ‘Notepad’ from the list of programs.
- Press the ‘Ctrl + F’ keys together on your keyboard and search “LicenseNumber.”
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key to find the license number in the file.
- You will find the number beside the highlighted license number text in the file.
- You can copy the key from here and then use it to register the application.
These steps should help you find QuickBooks validation code in registry directly through the application. You can also find the file from Windows file explorer.
How do I Find my QuickBooks Validation Code?
There is another method as well if you are wondering how do I find my QuickBooks validation code. You can find it in the registration file saved in your installation folder. Here are the steps to find it.
- Open the file explorer on your computer using the ‘Windows + E’ keys.
- Go to the C drive and then click on folders to reach Program Data > Common Files > Intuit > QuickBooks folder.
- Find the QBRegistration.dat file; you can also find the file through the ‘Search’ option.
- If you try to open the file and it fails to open, open it with ‘Notepad.’
- You can find the code by searching the ‘License’ through ‘Ctrl + F.’
- Copy the number beside the text ‘License Number.’
Activating the application using the QuickBooks Registry Keys
Here are the steps to activate your QuickBooks application after you finish installing it or after an update. You can use the QuickBooks registry keys and follow the steps:
- Click on the ‘Help’ menu of your QuickBooks application.
- Select the ‘Register QuickBooks’ option and then click on ‘Begin Registration.’
- If you have an account number enter it into the required section; otherwise, click on the sign up link.
- Fill in your registry key and the other details and then click on the ‘Register’ button.
How is Validation Code in QuickBooks Beneficial?
The license information and the related validation code in QuickBooks are essential to prove the application’s authenticity. Besides this, there are some other advantages of the code. These have been mentioned below for you:
- You can use it to access the code lookup and get all the info on QuickBooks installation and activation.
- It keeps your QuickBooks unique, and that makes it authentic, preventing any issues in the future.
- If you have not used the clean install process, then the application will automatically pick up the code on re-installation.
- The code is essential to activate all the services that QuickBooks provides.
Quickbooks License Number: Way to Find, Add and Change It [Guide]
If you want to install Quickbooks on your system then the first thing that you must have is the license key and product number. To properly install or reinstall this financial software, you need to keep these numbers ready as you need to enter these special codes during the install. It is an important part to complete the validation step for any software.
Finding Quickbooks License Number and Product Number is a must to reinstall this financial software and keep all records as well as operations when you upgrade it to a new system. So, try to note it somewhere when you install Quickbooks before starting the installation. In case you enter these special codes incorrectly then you can be in serious trouble.
If you have somehow lost these unique codes then you won’t be able to use the software even after installing or updating it. Don’t worry, we are here to save you as this informative post tells you the easiest way to find Quickbooks License Number.
Quickbooks License Number: Where to Find It?
In order to find out the Quickbooks license number, the major thing is to note how your software was bought. Also, if you are registered with the software company or not. You can find the license number in four ways:
QuickBooks Packaging: In case, you have bought the software’s physical copy then you can get the numbers on its packaging itself. There is a sticker on the packaging that contains the product and license key.
Confirmation Email: If you have bought QuickBooks online through Intuit’s website, you will get the numbers on your registered email (That you used at the purchasing time.)
Installation Disc: Here, you have to first put the installation CD in the system having QuickBooks Desktop. After that select “Reinstall QuickBooks.” Now, your screen will flash a window containing the product and license number.
Quickbooks License Lookup: First of all, open the web page of Intuit License Lookup and fill in your credentials (username and password) to get the numbers.
Here is How To Find QuickBooks License Number in Registry: Easy Steps
Users think that it is a complicated task to find the license number but it’s not. With the following steps, you can easily get these unique codes. Have a look:
- First of all, open QuickBooks.
- Hold “F2.”
- Now, you will see the window of “Product Registration”, after this, you have to hold “F3.”
- This action will immediately redirect you to the page of “Tech Help.”
- Reach out to “Open File” and tap on QBRegistration.dat file.
- If this file fails to open automatically, navigate to “List of Programs” and tap on “Notepad” then hit “OK.”
- Hold “Ctrl + F” and write “LicenseNumber” in the vacant box.
- Now, tap on “Find” after which the text will get highlighted.
- After performing the above step, you will find the product license number just beside the highlighted text.
- Note down the validation code/license number anywhere and exit from the file.
- In the end, re-register the software using your license number.
Now, you have successfully learned how to find QuickBooks license number and product number, it’s time to know how to add Quickbooks Product Number.
Steps To Add Quickbooks Product Number
After understanding how to find license number in Quickbooks, you need to know the way to add them to the software. The steps are:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks.
- Press “F2” and after that access the “Product Information Window.”
Here, you should see your status as Activated. If, your application is not activated, follow these steps:
- Tap on “OK” when you see “NOT ACTIVATED” status and exit from the window.
- Then tap on “Help.”
- Navigate to “Activate QuickBooks.”
- After that, carry out the instructions popping on your screen.
You can successfully finish the activation process once you verify all the details. In the end, enter the QuickBooks License Number. (See the Image Below)
Steps To Learn The Pricing Details for adding Extra Users
- First of all, open QuickBooks.
- Reach out to “Help.”
- After that, choose “Manage My License.”
- Now tap on “Buy Additional User Licenses.”
- Then, tap on “Add Seats Online Link” to learn the latest pricing.
Now, follow these steps (below) to purchase additional user licenses
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and reach out to “Help.”
- After that, choose “Manage My License Option” then tap on “Buy Additional User License.”
- Now, install QBs desktop on other computers according to the number of licenses you have bought.
- Then, you need to use a similar license number (codes) for installing the software.
- In the end, carry out the instructions coming on the screen to activate your software.
You Might Also Like, Easy Steps To Delete Deposit in Quickbooks – Complete Guide
Steps To Change/Update QuickBooks Product and License Number
There are instances when users want to change the Quickbooks product number without reinstalling the application. Well, you can easily change the product information with just a few steps.
Opening The Files Via QuickBooks
- Hold “F2 + F3” to open the “Tech Help” window.
- After that, tap on “QBREGISTRATION.DAT.”
- Now, click on “Open File.”
- Create a backup of your “Qbregistration.dat” file.
- Save it on your system.
- Inside the “Tech Help”, tap on “Open the file.”
- Then, close “QuickBooks” and open the “qbregistratio.dat file” anywhere on the system.
Opening The File Via Windows Explorer
- Open QuickBooks files.
- Visit C: Program data Common Files Intuit QuickBooks.
- Then tap on the “qbregistration.dat” file.
- Access it via “Notepad”.
- After that, create a backup for the “qbregistration.dat” file.
- Now, save it on the desktop.
- At last, access the similar file via the common file window.
Editing the Qbregistration.dat File
- Initially, check the version of the software for which you have to change/edit the license number.
- The next step is replacing “InstallIDcorrect Product Code”. You need to follow the format of “XXX-XXX” and add the brackets.
- After that replace the “license number” and add the correct number.
- Now, save the file.
- Restart your device.
- After doing that, launch QBs Desktop.
- In the end, open the window of “Product information” by pressing the “F2” button.
After performing the steps mentioned above, you will successfully change the product and license number.
You Might Also Like, How To Update Quickbooks? Get Latest Tools and Features
We truly hope that after going through this informative post, you were able to find all related details on QuickBooks License Number, product number, it’s pricing, Quickbooks license lookup, and many more. The steps mentioned here are simple to understand but on the off chance if you face any trouble then contact Quickbooks Customer Support. You can contact the team any day and anytime to resolve your query. The professionals are present 24*7 to assist you with the best possible guidance.
With this, it is time to say bye but we are waiting for you to share your valuable opinions and tips in the comments section to help us as well as other readers.
Find QuickBooks Validation Code In Registry – (Infographics)
In QuickBooks, validation code is the license key which is the only way to get access to run all purchased programs, and you get the authority to give access to all your other clients. This accounting software provides the authority to work with more than one user at a time to find the better outcomes for your business. But to find the license of your QuickBooks, users need to perform the complete procedure. This will help you to work under high-security modules. Sometimes users lose their license number or forget the code. So, it is necessary to get complete knowledge on how to find or how to locate your license number. Let’s start a discussion on this topic you need to acquire good knowledge to do a better job in very little time.
Whenever you purchase a product or updating the installed product, you will find a validation code or license number in your registered phone number or email id. These things will help you a lot to work to connect with all other clients/users who are apart from you. You get access to track all functions anytime anywhere under the secure network.
Follow The Steps To Find The QuickBooks Validation Code In Registry?
Before moving to these steps, the user needs to know the role of validation code in terms of their services. It is very important because each software has its own unique identity to run all services. Go through with below steps.
- Unlock your QuickBooks Application and then hit the F2 key to view the “Product Information Window”
- Now, you have to open your window and then enter the F3 key
- After this, the Tech Help Window will pop-up on your screen
- Then, open the file tab and hit next click on the “QBRegisteration.dat file” from the list-menu
- If you don’t have access to open the file straightforwardly then select the “Notepad” from the programs drop menu options
- Move forward and click on the OK button
- Hit the Ctrl+F key simultaneously then write your “LicensceNumber” in the section field
- Enter your next click on the “Search to locate the Product Licensce Registration Number”
- At last, note the validation code or activation key for re-registration to get access to all QuickBooks programs.
Advantage To Activation Of QuickBooks
- User gets fast image on time.
- It makes your software free.
- It increases profit.
- Protects software/data from virus/malware.
QuickBooks Validation Code In Registry – Steps For Activate QuickBooks
- Steps To Register/Activate QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Account –> Menu
- Click on “Activate QuickBooks”
- According to version, activate/register QuickBooks.
Steps For The Registration/Activation Of QuickBooks MAC
- Open QuickBooks Account –>
- Click on register
- Enter License Number and Product Key.
- Click on Next to start the procedure.
- Click on Register Online to complete successfully.
- If the option Register Online doesn’t appear, QuickBooks Software is update.
Steps to Find QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry
A license key or a validation code is required to validate your newly purchased QuickBooks Desktop software. Once you purchase QuickBooks software installation disk, you can find the license information on the sticker in the packaging, and if you have purchased the software online, you can find it in the confirmation email. In case if you have lost your QuickBooks license key, your application will not work after the reinstallation or update. Fortunately, there is a much quicker way to find the QuickBooks validation code in registry that you can use to reactivate the product. Follow the complete article and learn how to find your QuickBooks validation code in registry with a few simple steps.
Where to Find QuickBooks Registration File
QBRegistration.dat is the registration file that contains the QuickBooks product registration information. Usually, the file is located inside C:\ Program Data\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder. Alternatively, you can either search for “QBRegistration” from the search bar at the top right corner of Windows File Explorer or open the file directly from QuickBooks . Down below, we have listed a detailed method to open the QuickBooks registration file from QB Desktop application to recover the lost license information.
NOTE: If you do not feel comfortable following any of the steps mentioned below to recover QuickBooks license number, then you can visit QuickBooks Locate your License Page to quickly retrieve the license information. Once you open the page, enter your registered business phone number, and click Retrieve my license number.
Steps to Find QuickBooks License Number in Registry
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and press F2 key on your keyboard.
- Once you get the Product Registration window, press the F3 key.
- This will open the Tech Help window.
- Navigate to the Open File tab and click QBRegistration.dat file from the list of all the files.
- If the file does not open automatically then select Notepad from the list of programs and click OK.
- Press Ctrl + F and type LicenseNumber in the search box.
- Press Find and the text will be highlighted in the file.
- You can see the product license registration number next to the highlighted text.
- Take a note of the license number/validation code and close the file.
- You can now quickly re-register the application using the license number.
- For detailed instructions on changing the license number in QuickBooks , follow our How to Change QuickBooks License Number.
IMPORTANT: In case, if you are facing any issues accessing the license information from the registry, then go to https://camps.intuit.com/ and enter your registered email and password to log in. Click I forgot my user ID and password to access the QuickBooks license registration information.
Along with a detailed method to find QuickBooks validation code in the registry, we have also listed two easy ways to retrieve lost QuickBooks license. If you are still struggling to find a QuickBooks license code, then call our direct support number to seek immediate help from certified experts.