QuickBooks is one of the most frequently used accounting software over the years. Part of the reason lies in the fact that it is much more user-friendly than its competitors and provides several features that are often tailor-made for different industries. This is especially true of QuickBooks Desktop which continues to be popular among small and medium businesses despite the availability of online alternatives.
The downside of using the software is the number of arcane errors that desktop users encounter at various stages of using the software. This article explains QuickBooks error 3371 and its variations and how to resolve them.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 is the code assigned to a series of errors that are caused when QuickBooks is unable to load the license data. These errors are mostly caused due to installation issues on the desktop running QuickBooks. The different QuickBooks Error 3371 status codes are as follows:
- Error 3371
- Error 3371, Status Code – 111118
- Error 3371, Status Code – 1
All the errors stated above are caused when QuickBooks is not able to initialize license properties with the most plausible reason being the loss of data or corruption of files needed to access the required information.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3371
While all QuickBooks errors are displayed along with a generic reason, users still have to diagnose the specific cause of failure. Below are some of the specific cases when users might encounter QuickBooks 3371 series errors.
- Certain QuickBooks files like qbregistration.dat cannot be accessed or are damaged.
- The Microsoft MSXML file is unable to execute.
- The license information cannot be retrieved or validated.
The qbregistration.dat is the file that contains information about the QuickBooks license. It is created with the license and product number submitted by the user. The file has to be executed every time QuickBooks Desktop is activated. This can be done only when Microsoft MSXML can open the file.
What Are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371?
All QuickBooks errors are displayed with a specific reason as to why QuickBooks could not load on a pop-up in the foreground whenever the user encounters them. Below are some of the specific symptoms’ users might observe when they encounter QuickBooks Error 3371 or one of its variants.
- The error code, with a specific status code, if any, will appear.
- As a fatal error, users will not be able to access company files and other data.
- Some users might experience a lag in inputs provided via a keyboard or mouse.
- In extreme cases, users might even experience system crashes.
When is QuickBooks Error 3371 Displayed on the Desktop?
While there are no specific circumstances in which QuickBooks Error 3371 or its variations are thrown, users are more likely to encounter it when QuickBooks Desktop is freshly activated. Below are some scenarios in which users might have encountered the error:
- Moving QuickBooks installation from one system to another.
- Misplaced or damaged license information during QuickBooks installation.
- Issues with Windows installation. Either the Operating system might not support the QuickBooks version or the MSXML component is damaged.
- Moving data between drives.
Apart from these direct causes, there might be other factors like changes to the anti-virus software configuration and network issues which might block the functioning of the QuickBooks files causing these errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
The steps to diagnose and fix the error primarily revolve around rectifying damaged files and recovering lost data. Follow the steps in the same order to effectively resolve QuickBooks Error 3371.
Step 1: Reinstall the Entitlement file
The entitlement file contains the information to confirm with Intuit that the QuickBooks installation on the system is valid and has been registered. Deleting the existing file and registering QuickBooks with the correct license information and the Product number is the first step for resolution:
- Search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file in the Entitlement Client sub-folder under the folder for Intuit in the ProgramData.
- Delete the file and re-open QuickBooks.
- Proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen to re-register QuickBooks on the system.
Re-registering QuickBooks is the simplest way to ensure that all the required files are configured as required.
If reconfiguring QuickBooks doesn’t solve the issue, chances are, the issue is with the Windows installation. Proceed with the next step if the issue persists.
Step 2: Update Windows manually
If QuickBooks was working fine on the Windows system and stopped functioning all of a sudden, your system likely hasn’t been updated with the latest Windows files.
- Search for Check for updates in the system settings.
- Ensure that you see the message “You’re up to date.”
- Perform a basic reinstall QuickBooks if required.
If this approach still doesn’t work, the last resort is to perform a clean install.
Step 3: Proceed with a clean installation
A clean install is the last resort when the issue is deep-rooted. It replaces the files on the system to reset the QuickBooks software completely.
The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is available in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. It erases the program files that are not removed by simply uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks. This tool doesn’t work for QuickBooks 2020 in which the folders have to be manually renamed.
An Alternative Option to Solve QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks errors are difficult to diagnose and resolve in general if the standard steps do not yield results. With installation errors like QuickBooks Error 3371, it is hard to pinpoint where the fault lies especially because there is limited QuickBooks support for issues that may be caused by Windows and other software. These problems can be avoided altogether by opting for hosted QuickBooks. As a Microsoft and Intuit authorized partner, Apps4Rent provides hosted QuickBooks services at unbeatable prices starting at just $22/month.
Our certified experts provide 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email. If you want to discuss any more installation errors, feel free to contact us right away!
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371: Status Code 11118?
A Comprehensive guide to get rid of QuickBooks error code 3371
QuickBooks is an incomparable software that is dominating the accounting industry for around decades. This software has marked its presence all over the world and has transformed the way people carried out their accounting activities. No doubt, QuickBooks has been the pioneer in accounting solutions for entrepreneurs all over the world and is spreading like a wildfire, when it comes to managing the accounting and bookkeeping activities. But as everything comes with its pros and cons, QuickBooks is also not completely free from few technical bugs.
Technical snags are pretty common, when it comes to QuickBooks software. Each bug is assigned to an error code or error message, which makes it easy for users to carry out the effective measures. One such critical error is QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. At times, when you activates or open up the QuickBooks desktop, you might see a few of error messages indicating these error codes.
If you are facing this error and looking for a quick guide to do away with this, then you have landed on the right place. We have come up with this article written by our U.S based certified professionals, where we have discussed each and every fact related to QuickBooks error code 3371. So, make sure to read it till the end. Also, you can consult with QuickBooks error support team by dialing helpline 1-800-761-1787, in order to save your precious time and efforts in solving this error. Our experts will help you to fix this error for you.
You might also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202?
What is QuickBooks error code 3371?
When the QuickBooks user re-configures the desktop or setup the QuickBooks company file for the very first time, then in that case it is most probable to encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. The another reason behind to this error is Entitlement DataStore.ecml file gets damaged which contains the license properties of the QuickBooks desktop. This error code can appear with various error messages just like:
In other words we can say that this error occurs when we try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. Another error messages you might see on your desktop screen are as:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
All these error messages could appear, when the software license is not valid. The dialog box with the error message appears on the screen and also clicking OK will pop up another error ‘QuickBooks fatal Error‘. To close the error box window simply click on OK button one more time.
Due to this error, the QuickBooks accounting software fails to sync the license properties every time, when we try to open the QuickBooks. There are various facts discussed later in this post, let us check out together!
What Triggers to QuickBooks error code 3371?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks has made it mandatory for us to store the license on the hard drive, and by chance if you loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, then you are probable to encounter this sort of error.
Also, at the time when you clones the data into the C:/ drive, the error can appear. This would demand to delete the entitlement file and also re-entering the license information. QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118 can be a result of multiple issues, a few of which we have mentioned below:
- Error code 80029c4a can be one of the causes.
- Missing Qbregistration.dat file can be one of the reasons. The installation file usually contains the license data stored in the hard drive, and if this file gets damaged, then it is prominent to get this sort of error.
- Another cause can be QuickBooks desktop performance issues.
- You can also encounter this error if you loses the connection to the QB data file.
- Issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Uncompleted or unsuccessful Windows updates can keep the windows components outdated and not as required by QuickBooks.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks can lead to this error.
- Also, if the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to error 3371.
- Damaged MSXML component related to Windows operating system, which is needed for QuickBooks. It is one of the most important components by Microsoft, which is needed to run the system. If this file gets damaged, then accessing QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Anti-virus interruption can also be one of the most common causes.
Points to remember
- You should first ensure that the Windows is updated to the latest release.
- And also, if the error persists, it might be due to corrupted windows operating system.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue if they open the file before saving it. In that situation users firstly save the company file before you import the .QBO file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371
You can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 by keeping the below mentioned signs and symptoms in mind:
- System gets hanged somehow or the QuickBooks might crash whenever you opens it.
- Also, if you gets notified for a mysterious HTML file, then in that case it would be a sign of QuickBooks error 3371.
- Users are unable to open the company file in QuickBooks can also be one of the symptoms.
- This error can also be seen at the time of the cloning process from C:\ drive to another new hard drive.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error code 3371
QuickBooks error code 3371 can be easily tackled by carrying out a few simple methods. In today’s post, we will be exploring each of the methods one by one, let us check out the methods:
Method 1: Shutting down all the running applications
- The very first step in this process is to close QuickBooks.
- And then close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Followed by typing in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the run window, and along with that hit OK tab.
- For the above step, you will have to open task manager.
- Now move to the tab named processes and find all QBW32.EXE instances.
- After that choose them and then select End Task.
- Next, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and then open QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Method 2: Removing the Ecml file
- You are first required to press Windows + R keys together.
- And then, a window will appear on the screen and then you need to enter or copy and paste it at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- The next step is to spot window explorer as the next location.
- And then remove the ecml file, followed by right clicking and selecting delete option.
- Once done with that, close the windows option.
- Finally you have to run QuickBooks and then register the product again, and you are good to go.
Method 3: Changing the name of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
- The windows XP users will have to initially click on the Start tab and then select Run box.
- After that, enter the path to spot the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Once done with that, you will have to hit OK button.
- And then rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7 users:
- The Windows 7 users are supposed to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- And then rename the Entitlement file.
- Followed by opening QuickBooks and automatically creating a new file for you.
- The next step in the process is to carry out a few more steps to unhide the program data folder.
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then hit Hidden files and folders option.
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
Method 4: Run Quick fix my program, using QuickBooks tool hub
In case the above process failed, then you can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, you need to close QuickBooks desktop.
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub on the system and save it on your system.
- After that run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- Then accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement,
- Once the tool hub successfully installed on your computer hit a click on Finish option.
- Now double click on the QuickBooks tool hub icon to open it.
- After that choose Quick fix my program option from Program Problems tab.
- Now, hit a click on OK tab.
- Finally end the process and open QuickBooks to open the data file.
Read Also: Ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000
Method 5: Perform a Clean installation of Windows
- You will have to install the latest windows update.
- And then hit a click on All Programs tab and then Windows update options.
- The next step is to finish the upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- Now recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then solve the license and fix registration issues.
- The last step is to click on reinstall and carry out a clean installation.
Method 6: Updating Windows operating system
In case the windows is obsolete, you will have to update it to the latest version. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Initially, hit a click on Windows tab and then hit check for updates tab.
- Followed by reinstalling QuickBooks desktop.
- Also update QuickBooks desktop again.
Related Article: Resolve QuickBooks multi-user mode not working problem
Method 7: Run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- The initial step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then open the same.
- After that select the installation issues tab, in the tools hub.
- Followed by selecting the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then run it.
- And now, let the tool run and detect the issue. Also, note that the process might take some time.
- To end the process, you need to reboot the system.
Method 8: Run the 3371 Error fix from QuickBooks Tools hub
In case you have already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub, then directly use the 337 error fix program, or else first download the tool hub program and then carry out the steps below.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks software.
- And then, download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub. Also, save it somewhere you can access it easily.
- Now, open the downloaded file.
- And also, carry out the on-screen steps to install and agree the terms and conditions.
- Next, double click on the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the tools hub, choose the installation issues tab.
- And then choose the 3371 Error fix.
- After that click on OK tab and lastly, start QuickBooks and open the data file.
We hope by following the above mentioned steps you are now capable to resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 which was caused due to missing or damaged files. However, if by any chance the error still persists, or you are unable to tackle the issue for some reason even after performing the steps, then reach out to our U.S. based accounting professionals using our dedicated support line i.e. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of experts will be happy to help you.
We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime and seeking for assistance!
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 | Top 6 Solutions to Fix
Every month several QuickBooks users search “error 3371” online for a solution, as it is a common error faced by QuickBooks users while activating the desktop application. This error occurs when a user tries to activate QuickBooks on a different computer using a previously activated license. In rare instances, QuickBooks error 3371 also pops up while reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop on the same PC. When encountered this error you get an error message “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files” you might get different status codes depending upon the reason behind the error. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions to resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
For immediate help dial our Helpline Number 1.800.579.0391 to get in touch with an expert for resolving QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Common Instances of Error 3371 in QuickBooks
Error in QuickBooks Desktop while initialising license properties may crop up due to different reasons and each reason trigger a different error code. Down-below listed are all the instances of QuickBooks error code 3371 that you may see in the application while activating QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 3371 with Status Code 11118
Could not initialise license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
QuickBooks Error 3371 with Status Code 1
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Common Reasons that Evokes QuickBooks Error 3371 in Quickbooks
Damaged or Missing QB registration.dat file:
QB registration.dat file is required to validate the user license every time user access QuickBooks application as it contains the license info. If there is damage in this file or the file is missing, then QuickBooks will not function. To repair QuickBooks registration follow our article How to Fix QuickBooks Registration Error.
Damaged MSXML component:
MSXML a Microsoft component that is required to fetch information from QB registration.dat file for QuickBooks application to validate the registration and the application will not start if this system component is damaged. Here is how to Repair Damaged MSXML.
Using Outdated Windows Operating System:
You might also get this error if you are not using an updated version of Windows OS so make sure to update your operating system to the latest version to avoid this error. Read Update Windows FAQ.
Antivirus or third-party system cleaner applications:
Sometimes antivirus or other security programs deletes or modify QuickBooks application files that can cause this error. To avoid this from happening, exclude QuickBooks folder and its process from the scan list of such applications. For detailed instructions follow How to Add Exclusion to Windows Security.
Importing file before saving:
If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise for multiple users with Web connect then make sure to save the file before opening it as it can also trigger this error in the application. This is the most common reason if you are a Right Networks users or a QuickBooks Enterprise users who is utilising Web Connect feature.
Steps to Fix Error 3371 with Status Code -11118 and Status Code -1 in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Run 3371 Error Fix from within QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is designed to troubleshoot almost every error that QuickBooks usually encounters and here we have 3371 error fix tool in QuickBooks tool hub that can automatically resolve the issue. follow the steps listed below:
Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Toll Hub
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop from the taskbar.
- Using this LINK download the most recent release of QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Navigate to the downloads of your computer and run QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions before the installation and follow the steps as they appear on the screen.
- Now go to your Desktop screen and double-click the Tool Hub icon for QuickBooks.
- If you can’t find the icon on the Desktop then, search for it using the Windows Search feature.
Run Error 3371 Fix Tool from Tool Hub
- Once the Tool Hub app is one the screen, select Installation Issues from the left-pane.
- Click 3371 Error Fix option.
- Hit OK and try to access the company file once again in QuickBooks Desktop.
If running QuickBooks Tool Hub brings no luck, then follow the next troubleshooting step for resolving QuickBooks registration error 3371.
Step 2: Fix Damaged QBregestration.dat file:
- Exit QuickBooks application.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Under the Processes tab search and right click QBW32.exe process, and click End Process Tree.
- Click OK.
- Now open Run command window by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard and type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8 and hit OK.
- Now in this folder find and delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Click Yes to confirm and open QuickBooks application.
Step 3: Repair Damaged MSXML files:
Installing and repairing Microsoft components requires a deep understanding of the Windows operating system and if you don’t feel comfortable following the steps given below then contact Our Number 1.800.579.0391 for expert guidance.
Step 4: Register MSXML File
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type cmd.exe and hit OK.
- Right click inside cmd window and select Run as Administrator.
- Type cd\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.
- Now type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter
- Install QuickBooks application.
Step 5: Download MSXML.msi File
- Download the msmxl.msi file.
- Click the Windows Start button and in the Search Programs and Files search box type exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and hit Enter.
- Install QuickBooks after installing msmxl.
Step 6: Perform the Installation of MSXML.msi File
- Download and right click the MSXML.msi installation file and select Run as Administrator.
- Now follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the installation completes, install QuickBooks application.
If none of the troubleshooting helps, try performing a clean install of the application using QuickBooks Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you found yourself stuck at any point of the troubleshooting, then calm yourself down as we are always here for help, dial our support number and one of our phone support experts will help you resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 in no time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Besides the QuickBooks Desktop edges technical bottlenecks within the type QuickBooks Error 3371 can’t be prevented, caused by external problems. To resolve error code 3371, it’s essential to grasp the difficulty, its causes before beginning the troubleshooting ways.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371, status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 status Code 11118 is caused once the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets broken, which contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. The error message says: ‘Could not initialize license properties’. This message shows up in an exceedingly window and once you click OK, another box comes up.
The file harm happens because of improper pack up your pc whereas your computer code if open for a few reasons. Therefore, QuickBooks fails to correct the license properties anytime you open your QuickBooks, and also the “Error 3371 standing Code 11118” shows au courant the screen.
QuickBooks Error 3371 might even be a result of multiple issues e.g. one thing associated with different parts of your QuickBooks computer code or package as mentioned underneath:
- That can be an extra harmful element because the onscreen message in addition says too QuickBooks Error 3371 cannot load the license knowledge. this might cause missing or broken files. QuickBooks makes an attempt to browse harm QBregistration.dat anytime you begin it.
- Fix the broken MSXML element that relates to the Windows package that is needed to run QuickBooks Desktop computer code.
- Some system protections e.g. computer program blocks QuickBooks Desktop too that stops the correct with the vital Windows parts needed by QuickBooks.
- Half-done or unsuccessful Windows Updates will keep the parts of your windows noncurrent and not as needed by QuickBooks. noncurrent windows will result in a lot of issues for your QuickBooks Desktop too.
- “Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- “QuickBooks has stopped operating” a tangle has caused QuickBooks to prevent working properly. Windows can shut the program & apprize you if an answer is out there.
- Problems with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
- You lose the affiliation to the QuickBooks file.
- QuickBooks Desktop performance problems.
- Error Code 80029c4a
- While putting in and repairing QuickBooks you will stumble upon the following errors: QuickBooks Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1903, QuickBooks Error 1722, QuickBooks Error 1904
Points to contemplate Before QuickBooks Error 3371 Troubleshooting
- First of all, it’s vital to confirm that you simply have updated your Windows to the newest unleash.
- If you continue to get QuickBooks Error 3371 then you may have a corrupt Windows package.
QuickBooks Error 3371, standing Code 11118: Solution
Solution 1: Delete ecml file
- First of all, press Windows + R along from your keyboard.
- Enter this path C: ProgramDataintuitEntitlement Clientv8 within the window.
- Next, Windows individual can open with the on top of the address.
- Now, delete ecml file. After that, shut the window.
- Finally, you have got to Run QuickBooks and Register the item once more.’
Solution 2: Update your Windows package
- The first step is to click on the beginning button.
- Now, choose All Programs and so click on Window Update.
- After that, click on check for updates.
- Next, you to put in and update QB Desktop once more.
Solution 3: Install Latest Windows Update
- Firstly, you would like to put in the newest updates for Windows.
- Next, choose All Programs and so click on Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming the claim file
For Windows XP Users
- First of all, click on the beginning button and select Run.
- Now, enter this path to seek out claim DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- After that, click Ok.
- You can currently rename the claim DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows seven users
- Firstly, move to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Next, you would like to rename the claim file.
- Once you begin QB, it’ll produce a replacement file for you.
- If the program knowledge folder isn’t visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow the trail pc > choose Organize > select Folder > Search choices.
- After that click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to envision whether or not QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
How to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
QuickBooks Troubleshooting Guide:
- How to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
- What are the several out comes of error 3371?
- When Error code 3371 Occurs?
- 7 Reasons to cause QuickBooks error 3371
- How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
- Step 1: Use Tools Hub to repair QuickBooks
- Step 2: fix damaged EntitlementDatastore.ecml file
- Step 3: Install QuickBooks in Safe mode
- Here’s how:
- Step 4: Install a new copy of QuickBooks desktop
- Before you start:
- First undo the old instllation and reinstall a new copy
- Step 5: Fix Microsoft .Net Framework
- Activate .Net Framework in Windows 10, 8.1, and 8 ?
- Step 6: Update Windows
If you come across QuickBooks error 3371 while trying to install QuickBooks desktop on windows 10 than make sure your PC is updated to the latest version of windows on which you are trying to install QuickBooks for accounting.
As error 3371 status code 11118 is rather a problem mostly related to outdated or damaged windows files and components and has little to do with the QuickBooks installation files itself.
Furthermore, as QuickBooks desktop runs on the top used operating systems such as windows & MAC mostly used by small businesses in the United states & Canada, its major focus is to create a stable platform to develop and deploy automatic updates to ensure compatibility and avoid critical errors with the accounting solution.
This helps to maintain the necessary files and components required to avoid QuickBooks Error 3371 status code error 11118 in Windows 10 to ensure QuickBooks is compatible with windows during the setup process.
When you experience QuickBooks Installation error 3371 this indicates that the following components such as Qbresgistration.DAT and a ecml file that stores the QuickBooks license information in windows is missing or damaged. This issue occurs while installing QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise Desktop versions.
Therefore during installation QuickBooks is unable to validate the license properties for the version you are trying to open.
Here is an image of the error box that prompts on your screen:
This may be caused my missing or damaged files”.
What are the several out comes of error 3371?
- QuickBooks enterprise desktop version will not install.
- Company data files will be inaccessible.
- initially you will experience QuickBooks running slow, freeze or stop responding.
When Error code 3371 Occurs?
Though this issue is related to numerous missing or damaged files on your operating system, However here is a list of those circumstances under which you would see the 3371 error during installation or license validation.
- The hard drive on which QuickBooks was installed was recently cloned.
- You deleted a file or folder that contains extensions and components for the program to function properly on your operating system
- Transferring QuickBooks license from an old computer to a new one.
- A system crash or unexpected shut down of your PC might have corrupted QB installations files.
- Installing QuickBooks for the first time with a new license
- Accidently disconnected a drive or hardware on which the software was initially installed.
This article will help you to look at the several Causes and guide you to Recreate the damaged entielmentdatastore.ecml file in windows and repair the Qbregistration.dat file in the QuickBooks installation folder to resolve error 3371 status code 11104 after cloning hard drive.
7 Reasons to cause QuickBooks error 3371
- EntitlementDataStore.ecml that stores QB license information is damaged.
- The QBregistration.dat component is missing or corrupted.
- Damaged MSXML Components in windows.
- Incomplete Windows update
- Outdated Operating system
- The Windows system files are corrupted.
- System security program or antivirus has quarantined QuickBooks files.
How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
During this troubleshooting process we are going to inspect the files that is required to validate the license properties.
Besides installation if you encounter issues such as syncing your data in QuickBooks desktop This simply means that you need repair the program files.
Step 1: Use Tools Hub to repair QuickBooks
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tools hub.
- Save the installer to your desktop
- Open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Follow the commands on your screen and complete the installation.
- A tools hub icon will be placed on your desktop screen double click to open the app.
- Once tools hub is open go to Quick fix my software or program.
- You will be prompted to choose from a number of installation issues.
- Choose QuickBooks 3371 error from the list and hit press OK.
The QB tools hub is a all in one tool that can fix most common errors with a click. Here you can read more about the several ways tools hub can create a user friendly experience making it easier for you to fix common errors and issues.
Step 2: fix damaged EntitlementDatastore.ecml file
If tools hub was unable to fix your program than manually deleting the ecml file is the alternative option though this might sound a little techy but with our easy guide you should be able to perform the following troubleshooting steps to resolve error 3371.
Deleting the ecml file will help you to re-enter your product license number by creating a new file and inform the application that your product is valid and registered.
- Press the Windows key & Letter R simultaneously.
- This would open the “Run Box” on your screen.
- According to the version you purchased type one of the following commands into the run box and hit enter. If the first command path doesn’t open the folder than try the second one.
- C:ProgramDATAintuitEntitlement Clientv8
- C:ProgramDATAintuitEntitlement Clientv6
- Notice the EntitlementDatastore.ecml from the list.
- Right click on the file and choose to delete.
- Confirm with yes.
- Go back Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Follow the On screen instructions and complete registering your software.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks in Safe mode
Before you start your computer in safe mode make sure to backup your company file and make a note of your license number and product ID. You will need this info to continue installation in safe mode.
- Open the “run command box” by Pressing Windows Key and letter R simultaneously.
- Type in the run box “msconfig” and hit OK.
- Go to the General Tab.
- Choose the selective startup option and check the boxes that says “Load system services” and “Load startup items”.
- Now from the top menu select Services Tab and mark the box that says “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Than select Disable all.
- Once disabled than Unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Scroll through the list of services to confirm that windows installer box is checked, If not make sure to check the box.
- Press ok.
- Choose Restart from the system configuration windows.
- After the system restarts try installing your product.
- If QB gets successfully installed, Restart your computer to switch back to normal windows startup mode.
- Open the run box once again pressing the windows + R.
- Type in msconfig and hit enter on your keyboard.
- From the general tab choose startup type normal
- press ok
- Now from the configuration window click on restart.
Step 4: Install a new copy of QuickBooks desktop
This will help you create a fresh copy of your QuickBooks desktop version replacing the old installation files with the updated ones. Uninstalling the program does not effect your company files or data.
However for user information besides solving installation issues the clean install tool can also help you solve several company file related issues that occur with the software.
Before you start:
- Gather your product information
- If you registered QB online than you you will find the license number on your registered email or on the package if you purchased it at BestBuy or Office depot.
- If you are unable to locate the info no problem simply log into account.management.portal to view your info.
- Use your registered email address and password to login.
- Click on the QB version and make a note of your license number and product ID.
First undo the old instllation and reinstall a new copy
- Open Control panel form the Windows start menu search bar.
- To uninstall go to programs and features or uninstall a program.
- Now you have a list of programs installed on your system, Find QuickBooks from the list.
- Right-click on QB and choose to uninstall or from the top menu bar choose uninstall/change and than press remove. ( You may need to login as windows Administrator to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once uninstall is complete restart windows and login.
- Open the official Intuit page to Download QuickBooks.
- The installation process is easy to follow and guided with on screen instructions.
- When it asks for your License number and product ID enter the info you gathered earlier and complete clean installations process.
Once Installation is complete and QB is open on your screen, Go to your company file folder and open a company file or create a sample file from the start screen. If everything is working normally and you don’ see the error than your problem has been fixed. If not move on to step 4.
Step 5: Fix Microsoft .Net Framework
For QuickBooks to function properly on a windows operating system it is important that windows components such as Microsoft .NET Framework is updated and working properly. If this file has an issue you might be close to understanding why your QuickBooks install is unable to complete.
Activate .Net Framework in Windows 10, 8.1, and 8 ?
- Exit out of all the programs.
- Go to Windows Start Menu
- Search “Control Panel” and open.
- Open Programs and features.
- Now from the top menu click Program.
- Clickon Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Try to find .NET Frame Work from the list.
You will find more than one version of .NET Framework installed on your PC, select the settings for both .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Similarly perform the same steps for .NET Framework 4.5,4.6,4.7 and 4.8 depending on the version of Framework installed on your work station.
- Always choose the latest version of Framework.
- To choose select the .NET Framework version to turn on.
- Press Ok to save changes.
- Restart your Workstation.
If you find that the desired version of Framework is already turned on and running than Uncheck the box to turn off.
- Press OK.
- And restart your computer.
- When your computer is back up and running follow the above steps to navigate to Framework folder once again and turn the settings back on.
Additionally you would also want to update your Service pack. So make sure you also choose the latest service pack that is 3.5 SP1 from the list.
Once you have performed the above steps correctly than restart your computer and open QuickBooks and your company file.
Don’t see the QuickBooks error 3371 than your problem is Fixed.
Step 6: Update Windows
- Go to the windows logo
- Choose all programs and select Windows Update.
- Once the updates are installed, Reinstall QuickBooks.
- For further information on windows update and how to update windows refer to this Microsoft tutorial
The information and the troubleshooting steps presented in this article cover the most useful methods and ways to fix your software installation issues on windows. The reason behind QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 is either a damaged Entitlement.ecml file, missing QBRegistration.dat file or outdated windows component. Although the error code that prompts on the screen to validate QuickBooks license properties may differ for each individual user.
Nonetheless the troubleshooting steps remain the same for all users and if you have followed all the steps correctly than your problem must have been fixed by now.