The invoice creation feature and after that printing it, is an integral part of QuickBooks software. The business activities get negatively impacted due to QuickBooks printing problems with invoices like QuickBooks printing blank invoices or QuickBooks freezes while printing invoices. The issues might not always root from the application issue, but at times printer could cause the glitch. From printer troubleshooting to configuring widths, we have explained it all. With the potential solutions to Resolve problems printing invoices in QuickBooks, we have put forward this blog.
Check out the Printer as an initial step to see the error does not lie with the same
- Restart the computer after turning off the printer. Once the computer restarts, turn on the printer.
- Open Control Panel from Windows Start.
- Double click on Printers and Faxes. If the printer shows Offline, right-click the printer and select Use Printer Online.
- On double-clicking the printer, if there are jobs in queue, Cancel all the documents.
- After closing the window, right-click on the printer.
- Choose Properties and click on Print Test Page.
Install and Run the Print and PDF Repair Tool if Invoices not printing correctly in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks printer repair tool solves major QuickBooks printing problems with invoices. Below are the steps to be followed so as to use the tool to solve your issue.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file and once downloaded open QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- The steps to install will be shown on the screen. Follow them and agree to the terms and conditions.
- On complete installation, double-click the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Select Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Click on QuickBooks Printer Repair Tool and let the tool run.
- After the QuickBooks printer repair tool has run, try to print the invoices once again.
Try Adjusting the Product/Service and Amount columns widths
- From the Gear icon, choose Custom Form Styles.
- Search for the Sales Form and select Edit option under the Action
- Click on the Content tab and with the help of the slider, resize width of the description or the amount.
- Finally hit Done.
Manually rename the QBPrint.QBP file to stop error message QuickBooks won’t print invoices
- Locate the QBprint.qbp file.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7: C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks.)
- Server 2008 and Server 2012: C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR and C:\ Users\ **remote user**\ AppData\ Roaming\ Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\ TSPrinterSettings.
- Right-click and Rename the QBprint.qbp file you have located.
- Add suffix .old and open QuickBooks desktop after that.
- From the File menu, click on Printer Setup.
- You can choose any transaction in the Form Name list and hit OK.
- A new QBprint.qbp file is now created. Now try to print any transaction and see if QuickBooks won’t print invoices message is gone.
Ensure that printer is set to print a single sheet
First, here are steps by which you print invoices in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and go to Customers
- Choose Customer Center and hit Transactions
- Click on Invoices and select the one whose template is to be updated.
- On completing the process, click on Print drop-down and select Invoice.
- After this, click on OK.
Now to Ensure that printer is set to print a single sheet, go through the method below:
- Go to the File menu and choose Printer Setup.
- From the drop-down menu of Printer Type, select Page-oriented (Single Sheets) and hit OK.
Adjust the Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer
To follow the steps listed below to solve QuickBooks printing invoice error, you must have the Admin Rights.
- In the Windows, open Printers Control
- Right-click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and choose Printer properties (Windows 7 & 8) or Properties (Windows Vista).
- Click on Security and select Everyone user group.
- In the Allow column, check mark Print and hit OK.
- Now navigate to C:\ Windows\ System32\ spool in Windows Explorer.
- From Printers, choose Properties.
- Select Security and hit on Add after Edit.
- Type Local Service and press Enter.
- Make sure Local Service has Full Control, then select OK.
- Open QuickBooks and try to create a .pdf
- Check if this fix the problem with invoice printing.
Invoice printing error in QuickBooks has been affects the application every now and then. The above methods to solve QuickBooks printing problems with invoices have proved to work in the majority of the cases. But, what if the company file errors are the issue? In such a case, we do not recommend going forward on your own. This could result in data loss. To fix issues printing invoices in QuickBooks with the help of experts, contact Support at +1-888-300-3913.
Unable to Print Invoices from QuickBooks
Fixing QuickBooks Print Invoices, PDF Issue
Printing Error / Issue with QuickBooks ?
Every business – big or small needs a technique to handle accounting tasks of business. Intuit QuickBooks is an amalgamation of rich features that comprise of competence to create and send customized invoices to clients and vendors. The small businesses of all industry can easily create and send invoices created in QuickBooks via email or snail mail, with provided options of mailing labels and packing slips. The software is capable of printing a single invoice or creates a batch of invoices to be printed together.
‘Unable to print invoices from QuickBooks’ is a common error reported by QuickBooks users very frequently.
Error 1: Printing 13.0 problems invoices packing slips
- Solution 1: Rename QBPrint.qbp file of QuickBooks
Error 2: While attempting to print the invoice the printer does not start. On emailing the invoice directly to the customer, the invoice allowed view but restricted printing?
Solution 2: The possible reason could be issue on the template or the PDF file. Below mentioned are the steps to repair the Invoice template:
- • Click the Lists menu -> then select Templates option.
- • Click the Template -> then select New.
- • Select Invoice -> Template Type window -> Click OK.
- • Right-click the damaged template -> in the Template List.
- • Choose ‘Make Template Inactive’ option.
- • Select the new template in the Template List.
- • Then click ‘Open Form’ option.
Error 3: QuickBooks Pro 2016 – can’t print invoices or checks but can print all other forms?
Solution 3: Create a fresh QBprint constituent in QuickBooks to resolve this error. Below are the steps mentioned how to create a fresh QBprint:
- • Close the QuickBooks program.
- • Detect the Qbprint.qbp. For Windows 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (20xx refers to the QB version)
- • Click the Qbprint.qbp file for your version of QuickBooks.
- • Click on delete option.
- • Reopen the QuickBooks software.
- • Then take a print an Invoice.
Error 4: QuickBooks restricting to print invoices or save as PDF on PC?
Solution 4: This is a printing issue so use PDF and Printer Repair Tool to fix the problem. If the problem still persists report it to the QuickBooks Support Center.
Error 5: Unable to print receipts or invoices from QuickBooks?
Solution 5: Try to log in to your Google Chrome account via Chrome PDF viewer.
Printing PDFs in Chrome using Chrome’s PDF Viewer:
- • Start Google Chrome.
- • Take cursor to the Chrome address bar.
- • Type in: Chrome: //plugins.
- • Look at the list of Chrome Plugins.
- • Set up Chrome PDF Viewer and then exit.
Error 6: Unable to print invoices after installing OSX10.9
Solution 6: The QuickBooks version may not be supporting on the new OS. You need to reinstall your old Operating System or upgrade QuickBooks software.
Error 7: Unable to print my invoices from QuickBooks online. It is printing blank pages and the printer has no issue?
Solution 7: There are two suggestions for this error fixing.
- (i) You may opt to try printing from another browser.
- ( (ii) Find out if Firefox or Chrome has changed their default PDF viewer for viewing PDFs from Firefox or Chrome.
- Follow the steps to turn Adobe back on in Firefox.
- • Click the Firefox tab in the of the browser window towards left side upwards.
- • Select Options from the dropdown menu.
- • Choose Options from the menu that appears.
- • Go to Applications button at the top of the pop up window.
- • For the Content Type, find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set the Action to read – Use Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- • Click OK
- • Restart Firefox and try printing once again.
*** Steps may differ slightly depending on your QuickBooks version.Like if you have QB Enterprise edition call QuickBooks Enterprise Support team
If the possible resolution for the variety of errors mentioned above still persists even after following the steps provided above, you can opt for third party assistance from reliable QuickBooks support agencies. Accountspro is one such trustworthy agency that follows a smooth and streamlined approach to handle the QuickBooks errors faced by the small business owners. The support team accords excellent assistance for all QuickBooks versions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, and NT, you are accorded with feasible support.
The QB support team at Accountspro is very prompt and active and has yet to disappoint any customers. Dial and connect with us 24×7 through the toll free help desk number ☎ +1-888-300-3913 .
How To Handle QuickBooks Printing Problems With Invoices?
QuickBooks printing problems with invoices take place when users try to send custom invoices to their customers. QuickBooks enables businesses to create industry-specific invoices and send them via email options of mailing labels and packing slips. Also, you can print a single invoice to a batch of invoices together from within the QuickBooks application. Here in this article, we will discuss “unable to print invoices from QuickBooks” issue along with some handy troubleshooting solutions to get over the error. Let’s start!
Various Instances Of Printer Error/Issue With QuickBooks
There are various instances of printing issues with QuickBooks that can come into sight while printing invoices from within the program:
- QuickBooks Enterprise unable to print invoices
- Unable to print QuickBooks invoices or checks
- QuickBooks 1099 form printing problems
- Invoice printing problems in Mac
- QB printing problems
What Are The Possible Causes due to Which QuickBooks Won’t Print?
There can be different purposes you may want to print invoices from within QuickBooks. However, while printing invoices in QuickBooks, you may encounter error due to various reasons as listed in the below-given list:
- When QuickBooks fails to connect with the printer
- QuickBooks not connecting to Micorosft XPS document writer
- QuickBooks doesn’t print to a printer and QuickBooks print command routes to null
- QuickBooks doesn’t convert to PDF file due to XPS writer
- Missing QuickBooks PDF component needs to be fixed
Computer-related printing problems:
- When the printer is offline or switched off
- if the printer paper tray is empty or misaligned
- The error can also be evoked by nullified QuickBooks printer driver
- When you have logged in with a Windows guest account
Common QuickBooks Printing Problems With Invoices And Their Resolutions
Error 1: Printing 13.0 problems invoices packing slips
Resolution: Rename QBPrint.qbp File
- In the first place, you need to locate the QBPrint. qbp file
- Now Right-click the QBprint.qbp file and select Rename
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name (i.e., QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop application and try to print your invoices.
Error 2: Printer Does Not Start While Trying To Print Invoice
Sometimes, the printer does not start when you try to print invoices. Besides, when you email invoices directly to the customer, it may allow view but not a print option. In this situation, you can perform the below-given procedure:
Resolution: Resolve The Possible Issues With The Template Or PDF File
- Go to the List menu and select Templates
- Now hit Templates and then select New
- Next, on Template Type window, select Invoice and then click OK
- From the Template List, find and right-click damaged template
- Choose Make Template Inactive option
- Back to the Template List, select New Template
- Finally, click Open Form option
Error 3: Can’t Print Invoices Or Checks But Can Print All Other Forms
Resolution: Create a fresh QBprint constituent in QuickBook
Follow the below-given steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks printing problems with invoice:
- Quit QuickBooks before getting started with the troubleshooting
- Navigate to the location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (20xx refers to the QB version) and delete Qbprint.qbp file.
- Hit Delete
- Restart QuickBooks and try to print the erroneous invoice again
Error 4: Unable To Print Receipts Or Invoices From QuickBooks
Resolution: Print PDFs in Chrome using Chrome’s PDF Viewer
Log in your Google Chrome account via Chrome PDF viewer and then follow the below-given steps:
- Open Google Chrome and go the address bar
- Now type Chrome: //plugins
- Navigate through the list of the Chrome plugins and set up Chrome PDF Viewer and then exit
If you are still unable to print invoices in QuickBooks even after performing all troubleshooting procedures, then reaching out to a certified QB professional can save your time and efforts. Dial our error support phone number +1-888-300-3913, and it will connect you with relevant support for QuickBooks printing error instantly. Describe your issue to get a speedy resolution for QuickBooks printing problems with invoices.
Fix Invoice Formatting Issues with QuickBooks
No doubt, QuickBooks is a widely used and highly efficient accounting software which is being used by small to medium sized companies for their accounting requirements. The software is quite efficient when it comes to tackle various sorts of accounting activities. In this article, we have given various steps through which you can fix Invoice formatting issues that you are facing with your QuickBooks version.
The software has various innovative features that make it very relevant. The authentic results given are the reason that everyone has been using QuickBooks to fulfill their accounting needs. Moreover, QuickBooks is one such software that requires least human interference and also resists errors. But sometimes, there is a malfunction in the code which results in the unavoidable error. Invoice based error is faced by the user when the information of the invoice is not correct and user does not send required documents with the invoice.
Steps to Fix the Invoice Formatting Issues with QuickBooks
To fix this invoice formatting issue with QuickBooks, you can follow the below methods. However you can take help from our QuickBooks error support team in order to resolve the problem swiftly.
- From the File menu, select the Printer setup.
- Now, choose the right form, from the drop-down of Form.
- Click on Blank Paper in ‘Print On’ area
- Untick the field ‘Do not print lines around each field’ and then click on OK button.
- Now, in this solution, find the suitable Layout designer from the Basic customization window
- When you find that there is a field with the corrupted text, then right click on it and from the options, Click ok Properties.
- Now, adjust the size as required. Click on Font if required and then, change the font also. You can choose Century or Times New Roman font.
- If the text in a pdf has strange appearance, then repeat the process for all the fields where it can be applicable and then, click OK button.
- Now, mail the pdf to yourself or save it as pdf, then check its appearance.
- Open the company file which has the template that you want to export.
- From the Lists menu, click on Templates option.
- Right-click on template that is required to be exported and then click on ‘Edit Templatee’ option.
- In the Logo and Fonts section, untick ‘Use Logo’ , and select OK.
- Create a backup of your company file and Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Double-click the hard drive icon on the desktop.
- Open Users > [UserName] > Library > Preferences.
- Drag com.intuit.quickbooks.plist and com.intuit.layoutdesigner.plist files to Trash.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop and restore the backup of company file.
- Create a new invoice which is customized and then, save it with another name.
- Using this new template, print customized invoices.
- Open invoice and click on formatting.
- Click on Customize Data Layout.
- Choose the layout Designer and click on Add. Now, choose the Text Box.
- Now, add all the information that you want to be displayed on the form.
- You can resize the fields to show the information entered, and click OK to apply the changes.
- Now, click on print Preview to see how the text box would appear on the form.
- Now, after closing print Preview, print the form.
- Click on the Templates from the List menu
- Double-click on problematic template and then, click on Layout Designer
- Now, remove the image and select OK. Again click OK button.
- Open the damaged image using a photo editing software.
- Save the image as a different image type.
- Open the template in QuickBooks and re-add the image using Layout Designer. Resize and customize the image if required.
- Now, you can try to email, print or save it.
The above steps prove highly useful in fixing this issue. You can easily fix invoice formatting issues with QuickBooks through these methods. In case, the steps do not help you resolve this issue, you can contact our representatives at our toll-free QuickBooks online support number .i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our QuickBooks experts are available round the clock to help you.