QuickBooks Error 108 appears when you link your bank account or card details and receive a message from bank to respond over it. The message can be related to special offers, new terms of service or quick prompts regarding changes in the site.
In this article, we will illustrate the reasons behind “Error code 108” and what methods you can apply to fix the error instantly.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 108?
“Error 108” can occur due to many reasons, some of them are given below:
- You are not properly logged in with the bank account
- You have entered invalid username and password.
- A poor internet connection can cause hindrances between the web server and the program.
- Deleted download transactions can result in “QB Error 108”.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 108
QuickBooks Error 108 is related to banking and needs to be resolved on time. There are several ways to fix, few of them are listed below:
Method 1: Disable pop-up blockers
- First of all, block all disable the pop-up blockers on your computer.
- Verify that the pop-up blockers are turned off in your antivirus application.
- After that, you need to clear your browser’s cookies and caches.
- Now, close the browser and open it again.
- Hold the Ctrl key and sign in to your bank’s website.
- Finally, login to QB Online and check whether “Error 108” is resolved or not.
For any QuickBooks issue – consult with QuickBooks ProAdvisors
Method 2: Login to your bank account
- Login to your account using the bank’s website.
- You can find KB details in the downloaded transactions.
- Now, enable and run pop-up blocker by holding the Ctrl key.
Method 3: Check your Firewall settings
- Login to your computer as an administrator.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of QB and it is up to date.
- Verify your Firewall settings so that it doesn’t block access to QuickBooks company file.
- Also, check your internet security settings.
Method 4: Run system file checker
- Firstly, click on the Start menu and type “command” in the search field.
- After that, press and hold Ctrl + Shift and then hit Enter.
- You will see a permission dialog box. Click Yes.
- Now, a black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Next, you need to type “SFC/scannow” and hit Enter.
- System File Checker will initiate scanning Error Code 108 and other issues.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
Method 5: Install Windows updates
- First of all, click on the Start button.
- After that, type “update” in the search bar.
- You will see a Windows Update dialog box on the screen.
- In the end, click on Install Updates option if there are any updates available.
If QuickBooks Error 108 still remains unresolved, then reach our ProAdvisor at QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913. Our certified experts will treat your case at utmost priority and provide the most reliable solutions.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 108
There are numerous types of errors that one can face while managing their bank account in QuickBooks Online, some errors evolve from within the application due to technical glitches whereas, some errors arise because of some faults at the banking end. Today we are going to discuss error 108 in QuickBooks that is triggered from the online banking and affects the process of downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks. If the proper solution is not applied the error can stay for months and you won’t be able to sync QuickBooks with your financial institutions. For more info and detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
Need Help Troubleshooting QuickBooks Online Banking Errors! Call Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 Now
What Cause QuickBooks Error 108
Following are some of the reasons responsible for triggering error 108 in QuickBooks:
- There are unread notifications from your bank under your online banking account regarding some important changes they have made to their website or terms of services. These notifications can also be about some new offers or changes to the policy on how QuickBooks connects and access information from your banking website.
- One more reason is a popup blocker that you have installed on your browser. If you don’t find any popup blocker installed on your browser then check out your antivirus as some antivirus programs come with inbuilt popup blockers.
- Your bank requires you to verify your identity for security reasons and you need to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 108
Solution 1: Check Out Notifications from your Financial Institution
- Sign in to your online banking account from a browser.
- Check out any notifications from the bank that require immediate actions.
- Clear the notifications that don’t require any action.
- Sign out from the online banking account and open QuickBooks Online.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account and click Banking from the left side panel.
- Now click Update from the Banking tab.
- In case the error persists and you are still getting the error code 108 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Disable Popup Blocker
- Open the settings of the browser that you use to open your QuickBooks Online account.
- Search for the installed Extensions.
- If you find any Popup blocker installed then select the option to disable it.
- Now open the settings of your antivirus program and locate any popup blocker feature.
- If found disable it and try downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Solution 3: Update your Banking Info in QuickBooks Online
This step is suggested if you have recently made any changes to your online banking login credentials. If you have changed the ID or Password of your online banking then you will need to update this information in QuickBooks Online so that it can successfully connect with your bank account to fetch your account information.
- Open the bank accounts in QuickBooks Online from the Banking
- Click the Pencil icon beside the account name.
- Click Edit Sign-in Info and enter the new id and the password of your online banking.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting method will help you resolve QuickBooks error 108 and if you don’t feel comfortable following the solution or need the help of an expert to fix the error, you can call our Online Support Number +1-888-300-3913.
QuickBooks Error 108- Simple & Effective Troubleshooting
QuickBooks error 108 is a banking error in the software that occurs when you try to link your bank or credit card details. The error message will prompt you to take action. It would be related to any special offers, site maintenance, or new terms of services that you need to figure out. Sometimes, the message gets blocked as well, and you need to look for an instant solution. This blog post is a genuine attempt to help users who are stuck with QuickBooks error 108 and need relevant help.
Causes of QuickBooks Banking Error 108:
QuickBooks error 108 can take place due to various possible reasons you can find out in the below-given list-
- The error might be arising due to an improper login in your bank account
- The wrong login credentials can also evoke this QuickBooks error code
- Any hurdle between the web server and the program due to weak Internet connection can crop up the banking error in QBO
- The deletion of the downloaded transactions can also be one of the apparent reasons for this QuickBooks error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Online Banking Error 108:
You can experience the following symptoms when this common error takes place-
- Every time you fail to resolve the error code, you will see QuickBooks error message 108 boxes on your screen
- You will not be able to proceed with the work on the application
- The QuickBooks program window crashes with the occurrence of this same error
- Freezing of the QuickBooks for a few seconds
- Lethargic performance of the PC
- These instances can help you to determine that QuickBooks bank error has arrived. Now let’s move ahead with the troubleshooting solutions.
How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Error Message Code 108?
Multifaceted reasons can bring forth error 108 in QuickBooks, and therefore, you need to follow multiple solutions to troubleshooting the possible reasons.
Solution 1: Make Sure Pop-Up Blockers Are Disables
Disable the pop-up blockers in your computer and Internet browser and check if this solution can help in the error resolution. You also need to ensure that the pop-up blockers are turned off in your anti-virus program. Once you are done, clear the browser’s caches and cookies. Now login to your bank’s website after closing and reopening your browser. Finally, login QBO and check the status of this common QuickBooks error.
Solution 2: Correctly Login Your Bank Account
Log in to your online accounting using the legit website of your bank. If you can log in without any problem, then navigate downloaded transactions and find KB details. Now you have to enable the pop-up blocker by holding the Ctrl key. If the solution is not sufficient to resolve this error, then move to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
Sometimes, the error can arise due to an outdated version of the QuickBooks software. Updating QuickBooks to the latest available maintenance release can fix the problem.
- Login your computer with admin user and password
- Check if the QuickBooks is updated to the latest version or an old version is running on the system
- Update QuickBooks if not updated
- Make your firewall settings favorable so that all the files can be accessible
- Also, check the configuration of your Internet security settings
- Verify that the error is fixed
- If you still see the error message appearing on the screen, then proceed with the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 4: Utilize System File Checker
A System File Checker can help you to find and resolve QuickBooks online banking error 108.
- Click Start icon on your Desktop and then enter Command in the search area
- Now, press and hold Ctrl + Shift and then click Enter
- Click Yes when a permission box appears on your screen as a result of your previous action
- Next thing you will see is a black box with a blinking cursor
- When you see it, type SFC/scan now and click Enter
- System File Checker will look for the causes of QuickBooks error 108 and other related issues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to eliminate QuickBooks online error 108.
The above-given solutions can help you to overcome the discussed banking error in QuickBooks. However, you can rely on a professional troubleshooting service to get rid of the error-resolution hassles. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number +1-888-300-3913 and ask the experts to fix QuickBooks error 108 on connecting.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 108?
Majority of small and medium-sized businesses use QuickBooks for their accounting and financial tasks. But it is not uncommon that accounting professionals who use QuickBooks sometimes face QuickBooks errors. When QuickBooks Error 108 occurs, it implies that the user’s financial institution or the bank’s website has generated a message that requires an action from her or him.
The messages that appear on the website of the bank or financial institution can be –
- Message about new or revamped terms of service.
- Announcement message related to maintenance or some changes to the user’s financial institution or bank’s website.
- Message can also be about some new offer.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 108?
Error 108 can occur due to different reasons such as –
- Bank has generated a message requiring the QB user’s action.
- The problem in logging in into the bank account due to reasons such as invalid username or password.
- Unable to smoothly connect with the bank server.
- There are some issues with the bank server.
- More than one version of QuickBooks is installed.
Error Solving Blog – How to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 324?
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 108?
Error code 108 can produce the following symptoms –
- QuickBooks Error Code 108 message gets displayed on the screen.
- User is unable to work on the QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks program window crashes when the error appears.
- QuickBooks becomes unresponsive or hangs for some seconds.
- PC becomes very slow.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 108
To fix Error 108, you can try the following solutions –
- First of all, login into the website of your bank or financial institution.
- Read all the notifications or messages. If messages are not appearing, the pop-up blocker may be the reason. Disable it and then check.
- Act on the messages or dismiss them.
- After the above step is done, go to QuickBooks Online.
- Now, go to the menu on the left side and choose Banking.
- Click on Update in the Banking page.
- Check if Error 108 QuickBooks is appearing.
- Firstly, log in into the website of your bank or financial institution.
- Check all the messages.
- If in case, messages are not appearing, you are required to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Now, avail QuickBooks online customer support, or import file from the bank directly into QuickBooks Online through WebConnect.
- See, if you are getting QuickBooks Banking Error 108.
Error Solving Blog – How to resolve QuickBooks Error 102?
- Log in into the computer with the admin account.
- Check if QuickBooks is updated to the latest release. If not, update it.
- Change the setting of your firewall so that QuickBooks files are fully accessible.
- Ensure internet security settings are configured properly.
- Check if QB 108 Error is appearing.
- Go to Start on the left bottom side of the screen.
- Type the word command in the search field.
- Press these two keys simultaneously on your keyboard – Ctrl key and Shift key – and while pressing these hit the Enter key.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Choose the Yes button in the dialog box.
- In the command window, at the location where the cursor is blinking, type SFC /scan now and press the Enter key.
- System File Checker will scan and repair system files that have become corrupted.
- After SFC tool has done its work, restart your computer and see if you are getting QuickBooks Error Code 108.
- Go to Start on the left bottom side of the screen and click on it.
- Type the word Update in the search field and press the Enter key.
- A dialog box with the name Windows Update will pop up on the screen.
- If Windows updates are available, you have to download and install them.
- Reboot your PC and check whether QuickBooks Error 108 is appearing.
By applying the above solutions, you should be able to fix Error 108 QuickBooks. But, if you are unable to apply any of the above-given solutions, or if QuickBooks Error 108 does not get resolved, call us now at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1-888-300-3913 to get quick solution.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Banking Error 108?
Best Ways to resolve the QuickBooks Banking error 108
For the past decade, QuickBooks -the accounting software by Intuit has gained immense popularity all across the world. This application is used by small and medium sized businesses to manage their expenses and income, keep track of the financial health and other aspects. Some of the key features of QuickBooks are creating invoices, paying bills, preparing taxes, generating reports, managing data and many more. In fact. QuickBooks has changed the way accounting and bookkeeping are done, thereby making business operations smoother than before.
At times users do face certain errors while QuickBooks. These errors can interrupt the business operations and that’s why they need to be resolved at the earliest. Though some of these technical errors can be handled easily by the users by following the articles available on the internet, while for a few others experts’ guidance is required. In this blog, we will discuss a common issue that is ‘QuickBooks Banking error 108‘. Here you will get possible causes and best troubleshooting methods to get rid of from this error.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 2107?
What is QuickBooks Banking Error 108?
The QuickBooks banking error 108 means that when you are trying to include bank or card details and a message pops up on your screen to take action. This message might have any offer, terms and conditions or reminder which is related to the maintenance of the site. At times the message also gets blocked and, in that case, you need to find a probable solution for it.
Causes of QuickBooks Banking Error 108
- Incorrect login with bank account or utilization of invalid username and password
- Poor internet connection can cause trouble between the server and the program
- Deleted downloaded QuickBooks transactions
- Having different versions of QuickBooks on your system
Solution to the QuickBooks Banking error 108
Below are few of the solutions to the QuickBooks Banking error 108:
Solution 1: Disable all the Popups blockers
- The very first thing you have to do is disable any or all pop-up blockers on your system. Also check the Antivirus as many of them come with pop-up blockers pre-installed
- After this clear all cookies and caches from your current browser
- Now close all open browser windows on your system
- When you are done, you will have to open a new session
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard login to your bank’s website, any kind of blocking mechanism will be overriding.
- After this you will have to address and clear all messages and alerts.
- Once done, sign back to QuickBooks and check if the error has been fixed or not.
Solution 2: Sign-in to your bank account
- Using the right bank sites, log into your bank account.
- Go through all the messages and ensure all messages are sent.
- In the downloaded transactions you will find all KB details
- By holding CTRL key on your keyboard enable the pop-up blocker.
Solution 3: Verify your firewall settings
- Ensure that QuickBooks software is updated and if it is not done, then do it manually.
- Check if you are logged on to your computer with the help of administrator rights.
- Also check if the firewall on your computer is configured properly and is not blocking access to the file.
- Check if your internet settings are properly done.
Solution 4: Run the System File Checker
- The first thing to do is to click on the Start button
- Type ‘Command’ in the search box
- Press and hold CTRL+SHIFT keys on your keyboard and then click on Enter key.
- After this you will be prompted with a dialog box
- Now click on YES button
- Once done, a black blinking box will appear on the screen on which type SFC/Scannow and then click on Enter key.
- Now the system file check will scan the system for error 108 and other system issues.
- Now follow the instructions that will be displayed on the screen.
Solution 5: Install latest windows update
- The first thing to do is to click on the Start button
- In the search box type Update and then click on Enter key.
- Once it is done the Windows Update dialog box will pop up on the screen.
- In case, any updates are available click on the Install updates button.
- Once the Windows updates successfully updated, reboot your system.
You can easily resolve the QuickBooks Banking error 108 through the above solutions. If they don’t work, then you can seek assistance from QuickBooks online support service providers by dialing toll-free +1-888-300-3913. We are trained and experienced experts and are available 24/7 to guide you through any technical query.