Causes of Outlook missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms
- An older click-to-run (CTR) version of MS Office (2010) is being run.
- User’s profile hasn’t been set up in MS Outlook.
- The default email application is Outlook.
- Outlook isn’t the chosen email program in Internet Explorer (IE).
- QuickBooks is cloud-hosted, but the service provider doesn’t have MSOffice installed as the hosted application.
- Before performing the solutions in the given order, QuickBooks must be updated.
Solutions Outlook Missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms
Sol 1: Ensuring Outlook version is supported
First the Outlook version must be found out by checking the Outlook Ribbons. Then, the compatible version of Outlook must be verified on the basis of the QB version.
Sol 2: Making Outlook the default program
- Outlook 2010/2013: First choose Options from the File tab and then under Startup Options, choose Make Outlook the Default Program for E-Mail, Contacts, And Calendar.
- Outlook 2007 and before: Go to Tools -> Options->Other tab. Then, in General settings, choose Make Outlook the Default Program for Email.
- If there are many Outlook profiles, a profile might have to be chosen, every time Outlook is started. If no profile is selected as default, QuickBooks won’t see Outlook. After Outlook is started, a profile must be chosen and set as default.
Sol 3: Setting default program in IE
- Before starting, users must have MS Outlook, Outlook Express or Microsoft Mail. Users must also be able to send and receive mail in that profile.
- First choose Tools ->Internet Options in IE and then choose the Programs tab.
- For IE 7.0/8.0/9.0: Choose Programs-> Set Your Default Programs from the bottom of the window and then select the email application. Next, choose Set This Program As Default, followed by
- Now, choose Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, followed by Microsoft Windows. Then, from the drop-down arrow menu, choose Use My Current Microsoft E-Mail Program, followed by OK.
- For IE 6.0: First IE must be closed and reopened. Then, select Tools-> Internet Options, followed by the Programs tab.
- Then in Internet Programs, choose Outlook, followed by OK.
- Then, go to the Edit menu in QB and choose Preferences. Then, select Send Forms, followed by the My Preferences tab.
- Next, select the email program in Send Email Using section.
Sol 4: Editing Mail Profile settings in Windows
- After closing QuickBooks, press Windows Start button and enter Control Panel. Then, in the search field of the Control Panel, enter Mail and then choose Mail from the results.
- Then, select Show Profiles in Mail Setup window. Then, choose Always Use This Profile, followed by OK.
- Now, after opening QuickBooks, users must try setting Outlook as email option.
Sol 5: Editing the WIN.INI file in Windows
- After pressing the Windows key or the Windows Start button, users must type in C:\Wndows\ and press Enter.
- Then, right-clicking the WIN.INI file, choose Copy and then the file must be pasted in another location as backup.
- Now, return to the C:\Windows folder and open the WI.INI file. There will be many section headings in the file. Users must find the one with [Mail].
- If the [Mail] section isn’t found, it should be added to the end of the file along with the text provided below.
- If the [Mail] section is found, but the text provided below isn’t present, it must be added.
- If users can’t edit the WIN.INI file because of user permissions in Windows, they must log in as Admin and try again.
- After the file is edited, it must be saved and closed and then QuickBooks restarted. Then, in the Edit menu of QB, choose Preferences, followed by Send Forms preferences in Outlook. This should provide Outlook as an option.
- If the problem isn’t solved, the WIN.INI file must be edited again and the text added above must be removed or the file must be replaced with the saved copy.
Sol 6: Running Detect and Repair in Outlook
- After Outlook is repaired, solutions 1 and 2 might have to be tried again. Please contact the AccountingHub QuickBooks Tech Support Tram on repairing Outlook.
Sol 7: Uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office and Outlook
- MS Office and Outlook must be uninstalled and reinstalled in the following order:
- First, QuickBooks must be uninstalled, followed by Office. Then, Office must be reinstalled, followed by QuickBooks.
Sol 8: Resolving with Microsoft
- This process requires the registry to be edited which if incorrectly done could cause irreparable damage to the computer Hence, only an expert must try this.
- If the problem isn’t solved, the Outlook registry key is probably damaged.
- For further information/assistance, please call our AccountingHub QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number +1-888-300-3913 .
Resolving ‘Outlook Is Missing In QuickBooks Desktop Send Form Preferences’
Being an ideal accounting software, QuickBooks caters to all of its services in the best manner to its users. Paying bills, recording transactions, payroll, etcetera are some of the functions the software performs. However, as much as the application is quintessential, being technology, it comes across its bugs and errors. One of its common errors is the Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Form Preferences.
A general error, users often become anxious due to incomplete or zero information over the matter. For that purpose, we have gathered all the necessary data to help you resolve the issue. Before we move to the solutions, we will discuss what the error is.
What Is ‘Outlook Is Missing In QuickBooks Desktop’ Error?
Microsoft Outlook’s purpose is to send various forms through email. It allows you to send them through three ways, your webmail account, QuickBooks e-mail, and outlook. When you use QuickBooks outlook and after Edit>>Preference>>Send Forms>>My Preferences, you do not see it as an option in QB Desktop for emailing, the issue arises in QuickBooks.
What Causes The Error?
There are various reasons due to which the error can develop. Following is the list of all the possible causes.
- If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office, such as the 2010 version, then it might be possible to get this error.
- The older version of Microsoft may not support many of the programs which involve the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Or, your Microsoft Profile does set properly and shows this problem.
- You might face the error when the outlook is not showing as a default program.
- Microsoft Outlook is not an option for preferred email programs in Internet Explorer.
- The service provider of your software that does not have installed the Microsoft application from QuickBooks is hosted.
Also, Intuit does not provide an option for Microsoft applications. And you are looking for help from an IT expert. Several issues are:
- Windows/MS office errors.
- After losing the license number, you are unable to reinstall the Microsoft Office.
Also, it is mandatory to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop because the older version of QuickBooks does not provide advanced features.
How To Solve The Error?
Although, there are many solutions to the problem, however, the choice of method shall solely depend upon your requirement. Also, do follow-through the steps deliberately for the best results.
Solution 1: The Microsoft Outlook Version Is Supported
- Select the option of Microsoft Office Outlook in your Outlook Help menu.
- After that, ensure the version information. Also, verify it for the easy sending and setting up of an email.
- By verifying the QuickBooks ribbon, ensure the version of the Microsoft outlook, after all the above process is done.
- Now, check the proper outlook version based on the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Solution 2: Synchronize The Default Outlook Email Program
Outlook Email version 2010/2013:
- First, click on the File button.
- Then, select the Options button.
- After that, click on the option for start-up by which you can set the outlook email, calendars, contacts checkbox, etc.
Outlook version 2017 and the previous version
- Click on the Tools option.
- Then, press the Other option.
- Select the Make Outlook the default email program from the General Settings.
- If you have many QuickBooks profiles, you will also get the choice to select one profile whenever you start. QuickBooks cannot see Outlook if any of the profiles are chosen. So, choose a profile and select the Set as Default option.
Solution 3: Set Default Email Plan On The Internet Explorer.
To verify the Microsoft Outlook, you should have seen that you can send and receive email from the profile in Microsoft email or the outlook express.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools and Internet option.
- Then, click on the Program button.
- After that, you have to follow the instructions according to the version of Internet Explorer.
For Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0
- First, click on the Set Program at the bottom of the Window.
- Then, click on the Set your Default Program.
- After that, press the email applications.
- And, set the default program by clicking on OK.
- Press the Set Program Access and defaults of the computer.
- Select the drop-down button and choose the Use my Microsoft email program.
- Then, press the OK button.
For Internet Explorer 6.0
- First, close and then reopen the Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and then Internet Options and press the Programs options.
- And, click on Outlook as your Email program by clicking Ok, in the Internet program.
- Press the Edit and then, Preferences.
- Click to Send Forms and then press on My Preference.
- Login into your email in the send email field.
Solution 4: WIN.INI file in Windows
The WIN.INI file is a Windows system file. And it consists of some mandatory settings which are used for email.
- Press the Windows key from your keyboard, enter C:\Windows\and select Enter.
- After that, right-click on the WIN.INI and choose the Copy option. After that, paste the file to the desired location. This will secure your file as a backup in a separate location.
- Next, return to the C:\Windows folder and open the WIN.INI file. It will show you several headings and you have to select one email.
- Also, you do not need to display the mail field. So, add it to the end of the file with the text.
- If the text below is not in the field, then, add it.
- Save and then, close the file.
- Restart your QuickBooks application.
- Finally, press the Edit menu and click on the Preferences.
Solution 5: Edit Mail Profile Settings In Windows
- First, close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, click on the Windows button and select the Control Panel.
- Now, select the mail option in your mail.
- Select the Show Profile option.
- Click the OK button from the profile. It will assist you in the QuickBooks outlook profile.
Solution 6: Re-install Office and QuickBooks
- Uninstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall Office
- Reinstall Office.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Run The Detect And Solve In Outlook
In detecting and solving the Outlook 2007 error, you will get more experience.
We hope the information provided was helpful and you were able to solve the Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop error. However, if you were not able to do so, then you can contact us on our toll-free number. Our team of experts and ProAdvisors will be happy to help you and guide you through everything. Also, you can contact us if you have any other queries regarding QuickBooks.
Outlook is Missing in QuickBooks Desktop: Solution to Resolving the Error
Outlook is a web mailing system developed by Microsoft, required to send mail. When you want to configure QuickBooks Desktop to send an email, and suddenly you notice that your QuickBooks desktop is missing some of the client’s email preferences.
Basically, this type of error occurs when you are using an Outlook version that is older or we can say not an updated version. Here, in this article, we will discuss some basic issues and their prevention, which may solve your Outlook is missing in the QuickBooks desktop problem.
Causes of Occurring Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Error
There is a number of causes that would be a reason for this error. Below we will be listing some reasons-
- When you are using an older version of Microsoft office. Because the older version of Microsoft Office does not support some integration options. So, for the best compatibility, make sure that you are using an updated version of QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft Office.
- In Microsoft Outlook, your profile is not set up properly.
- In Internet Explorer, Outlook is not Chosen as the preferred email program.
- Your QB is hosted based on the Cloud and your service provider doesn’t installed.
Note: Here, We are telling you first that Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications. If you are feeling uncomfortable to perform these task, We suggest you an IT professional, they can easily resolve your issues like:
- Microsoft Office Errors and Windows
- Loss of MS Office license number
Steps to change the mail preferences
- Change the email preferences in QuickBooks
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop properly.
- There you can see a setting option, Go to the Settings.
- Choose the Edit Option, Select Preferences.
- After that select the Send Forms option from preferences where you see the option of My preferences.
The whole process is like- Edit> Preferences> Send Forms> My Preferences
A Solution to resolve the missing outlook in QuickBooks Desktop
When you are going to the solution, Make sure that you are working on the latest version of QuickBooks.
Ensure that your Outlook version is supported
Firstly, you have to verify that your QuickBooks Desktop is compatible with your Outlook version.
- Verify the Outlook version
Follow these steps to verify your Outlook account-
- open Outlook help menu then verifies the version information. Note the Build number to install the version of outlook and after that check the version of outlook for easily set up the email.
- Check the whole of the compatible version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Setup the Outlook as a default email program
- Go to the File tab> Option.
- Under the Startup Option, Make the Outlook program default for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Outlook 2007 and earlier
- Select tools Option and click on the Other tab.
- Under the General setting, Select the Outlook program default.
Set the Email program default in Internet Explorer
Before you started, Ensure that you have the Microsoft Outlook profile. Also, you should be able to send and receive emails from your Outlook profile
- Select Tools and Internet Options in Internet Explorer.
- Then Choose the program tab.
- Follow this instruction for Internet Explorer 9.0,8.0 and 7.0
- At the bottom of the window, Select Set programs> Set your Program default.
- Select your email application.
- Click to set the program as a default and click OK.
- After that Select set program access & computer defaults.
- Choose Microsoft Window, and From the drop-down function, select Use my current Microsoft e-mail program then OK.
- For Internet Explorer 6.0
- Firstly, you have to close and reopen Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools> Internet Options>program tab.
- In Internet Explorer, Choose Outlook as the email program then Ok.
- In QuickBooks, Go to the Edit menu> preferences> Send forms> then my preferences tab.
- Select your email program with send emails using a section.
In Windows, Edit the mail profile setting
- Go to the Window Start button, then Open the control panel in your Desktop.
- In the Control panel field, On the top left, enter mail> Select mail in the result screen.
- In the Mail setup window, Select show profiles. after that Select Always use this profile Option then select OK.
- Open the QuickBooks and try to set it to use Outlook email.
Edit the WIN.INI file
This type of file holds some system settings, including used for email.
Read this: Some deletions and editing in Qucicbooks files may cause some problems. So, we suggest that you have to follow these steps after consulting by an IT professional.
- Using your keyboard, press the window key, and type C:\Windows\. Press Enter.
- Right-click on WIN.INI file, Select Copy and paste that file separate from the location as a backup.
- Go back to the C folder and open the WIN.INI file again.
- After editing the file, Select save> Close.
- Close and open again your QuickBooks software.
- In QuickBooks, Select edit menu> preferences and also check the send forms preferences. here you can see Outlook should now be an option.
Run Detect and Repair in Outlook
- Run and Detect the errors and repair your Outlook. After the repair, you may need to try again the solution 1,2,3.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Office and QuickBooks
- Uninstall both QuickBooks & Office.
- After uninstalling, Reinstall Office and QuickBooks again.
Outlook Is Missing In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
QuickBooks gives you an option to use various emails in QuickBooks. You can configure email in QuickBooks to send and receive invoices, reports, product sale, etc. Sometimes, when you change your email preference in QuickBooks Outlook goes missing. The error message show as Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences. You can get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 for any type of assistance related to the issue. In this article, we are going to discuss the issue in detail and methods to resolve it.
What Are The Causes Of Outlook Is Not Showing As An Option In QuickBooks Send Form Preferences?
The causes of QuickBooks missing from send form preferences are mentioned below:
- You are using older Click-to-Run (CTR) version of MS Outlook. The older version does not support some integration with any third party applications like QuickBooks.
- No profile in MS Outlook.
- MS Outlook is not the default email.
- The outlook is not selected as the preferred email program in Internet Explorer.
- Your QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud and your service provider does not have Office installed as a hosted application.
How To Fix Missing Outlook In Send Forms Preferences?
There are various methods by which you can resolve the issue. You can contact Intuit QuickBooks Support team any time to fix the issue in quick time. Some of the methods are listed below:
Solution 1: Ensure your Outlook version is supported
Verify that your Outlook is compatible with the version of your QuickBooks Desktop
- Verify the version of Outlook
- Verify the compatible version of Outlook based on the version of QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 2: Make Outlook The Default Email Program
- Go to the File tab, then select Options.
- Under Start up options, choose to Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Outlook 2007 and earlier
- Choose Tools > Options > Other tab.
- Under the General settings, select Make Outlook the default program for Email.
Solution 3: Set the default email program in Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Program Tab.
- Follow the instructions for your version of Internet Explorer:
For Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0
- At the bottom of the window, select Set Programs > Set your default programs.
- Choose your email application.
- Select Set this program as default, then OK.
- Select Set program access and computer defaults.
- Choose Microsoft Windows.
- From the drop-down arrow, select Use my current Microsoft e-mail program, then OK.
For Internet Explorer 6.0:
- Close and then reopen Internet Explorer.
- Choose Tools > Internet Options, then select Programs tab.
- In Internet Programs, select Outlook as the Email program, then OK.
- In QuickBooks, go to Edit menu > Preferences.
- Choose Send Forms, then select My Preferences tab.
- In the Send email using section, select your email program.
Solution 4: Edit the Mail Profile settings in Windows
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the Windows Start button, then open the Control Panel.
- In the Search Control Panel field on the top left, enter Mail, then select Mail in the results screen.
- In the Mail Setup window, choose Show Profiles.
- Select Always use this profile, then choose OK.
- Open QuickBooks and try to set it to use Outlook for email.
Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall Office and QuickBooks
Uninstall and reinstall both Office and QuickBooks in this order:
- Uninstall QuickBooks.
- Uninstall Office.
- Reinstall Office.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Errors?
With the help of the above methods, you can easily fix the Outlook issue in QuickBooks. If you are not able to resolve it then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1-888-300-3913 for getting technical assistance from our experts. We are available 24×7 to resolve all issue to QuickBooks. You don’t have to hamper your workflow due to QuickBooks issues.
QuickBooks Desktop Missing Outlook Option for Send Forms
I ran into a new issue to me today. I had just installed the latest edition of QuickBooks Enterprise, as well as the latest edition of Microsoft Office. I am currently operating on Microsoft Windows 8.1, although I don’t think that has as much to do with the issue. As soon as my installations were done, I noticed it was emailing my Invoices, Estimates, etc… straight from QuickBooks, instead of my preference to do it in Outlook. I use Outlook, because I enjoy my real signature being in the email. Also, there are times when I like to either tag-on extra attachments, or I am working at night and want to schedule the email for the next business day.
I browsed to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms. Under Send Forms were the options for Web Mail and QuickBooks E-mail options but the Outlook option was mysteriously missing. This was strange, as it had just been there with the previous versions of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
After about five or six hours of troubleshooting this issue I finally was able to get the problem resolved. I was on the phone with a QuickBooks rep for over two hours and he didn’t know the answer to the issue either. Here are some of the troubleshooting steps I went through before I found the solution.
- I made sure Intuit stated that my version of Office was a supported version for this version of QuickBooks.
- Made Sure Outlook was the default windows mail program.
- I also set the default email program in Internet Options, which is pretty much the same thing.
- Made sure their was a Mail profile setup and emailing correctly in Outlook. I also created a new Outlook profile just in case that was the issue. It wasn’t.
- I ran a repair on Office and QuickBooks.
- I uninstalled Office and QuickBooks and then reinstalled both programs.
- I made sure the QuickBooks user had full permissions.
- Signed into QuickBooks with another user on the troublesome computer and that user had the same issue.
- Connected to another computer with the same Office and QuickBooks configuration and they could send emails out of QuickBooks with Outlook for some reason.
- Made sure I was running a 32-bit version of Microsoft Office, as intuit tech reps state that QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t really like to speak to 64-bit.
- Tested to make sure my MAPI32.dll was working fine.
What I took away from my troubleshooting so far was that this issue was workstation specific and it had nothing to do with permissions, the QuickBooks data file, or QuickBooks version. I was grasping for straws at this point. I found other people online with the same problem but nobody had answers. After some more searching, I came across a tip from a Intuit forum that fixed my issue. Hats off to DLAB_IT , you saved my day! Here is how he explained this issue.
This may be a combination of Intuit and Microsoft not playing nicely. Intuit QuickBooks seems to still be looking at old pointer locations for MAPI information while Microsoft is moving away from those and going to new HTTP/RPC driven ‘solutions’ – in short Intuit is looking and Microsoft isn’t pointing.
Well if you ask me, it would be nice if Intuit would reprogram the email module a little bit to get in line with the rest of the world. Maybe follow Microsoft, see as how they make the OS you are programming for?
Are you ready for the solution? Here goes. . .
Browse to C:Windowswin.ini . Open the win.ini file add the following section at the bottom of the file.
Note: There shouldn’t be any spaces between the words. Save the file. If it doesn’t let you save the file to the same location, just save it to your desktop and then copy and paste it back into the C:Windows directory and overwrite the old file.
Open Registry Editor and add these keys and values. You can do this easily by opening regedit and importing the download files below.
You won’t have most of these keys. These registry files were from a computer running Windows 7 Professional 64bit, and have been tested to work on Win8.1 as well. However, you do this at your own risk. You should backup your computer before messing with the registry.
(You may need to right-click and “save as” on these)
Download: Fix One
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMAIL] String Value: “MAPI”=”1”
String Value: “MAPIX”=”1”
Download: Fix Two
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Messaging Subsystem] String Value: “MAPI”=”1”
String Value: “MAPIX”=”1”
Download: Fix Three
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMAIL] String Value: “MAPI”=”1”
String Value: “MAPIX”=”1”
Download: Fix Four
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows MessagingSubsystem] String Value: “MAPI”=”1”
String Value: “MAPIX”=”1”
I imported these registry keys with regedit.
Important: The effect of these edits didn’t seem to take hold until I restarted my machine!
I opened up QuickBooks and tried not to get my hopes to high. I returned to Edit > Preferences > Send Froms in Quickbooks. Under “Send From” I saw Outlook listed!
I couldn’t believe it. I selected Outlook as the default mail option and sent a test email and everything was fine! I hope this works for you.
Using QuickBooks along with Outlook is simple. It is seamless and hassle-free most of the time. However, the integration between Outlook and QuickBooks can throw up some errors which may disrupt the smooth functioning of your operations.
One such error is: “QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again.”
Where can the error occur?
The error can occur in any of the systems: All QuickBooks editions including QuickBooks Pro, Pro, or Enterprise on versions including QuickBooks 2020, QuickBooks 2019, QuickBooks 2018, QuickBooks 2016, QuickBooks 2015. The systems that can be affected are Office 365, Outlook 2016, or Outlook 2013.
The error shows up when the settings are not correct. It can be resolved once the device settings are calibrated properly. There is major nothing of concern here. You can use multiple solutions to solve this error. Let us look at each scenario and the solution for the same:
Outlook as the default email
You must verify if Outlook is your default email program of the device. Press the Windows key and go to the ‘Run’ tab and select ‘Default programs’. The exact name would vary in different Windows versions but ensure you have selected Outlook as the default option for emails. In Windows 10, the default option is Outlook anyway. Once you have selected Outlook as the default email option, close Outlook, and QuickBooks once. Launch QuickBooks and check if the problem persists.
Check QuickBooks system requirements and its compatibility with Outlook
Make sure that both QuickBooks and Outlook in your computer are compatible with each other. Check if your Microsoft Office is compatible with the system requirements of your QuickBooks version. It is possible that one of the applications may be outdated which may make it incompatible with the 64-bit version of its counterpart. You can install the same bit version (32 or 64) for both applications and verify if it works.
Keep your Outlook updated
If there are recent updates on Outlook and you are using it without updates, the function responsible for QuickBooks integration may have become redundant. You can update your Outlook to check if the error goes away after the upgrade. Update to the recent release version.
Microsoft Outlook > File > Office Account> About Outlook > Update Options > Update Now
Check if the error has been rectified once you have updated the Outlook version.
Outlook in QB preference
There might also be an issue within the QuickBooks email setting itself. If you have not selected Outlook as the preference in the “Send Email Using” tab, it can be the reason to show the said error. Set Outlook in the QB Preference tab.
QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences > Web Mail (not Outlook) > Ok
All the existing tabs will be closed. Now follow the same path but instead of Web Mail, select Outlook this time.
QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences > Outlook > Ok
Send an email to verify the resolution of the issue.
Enable Windows MAPI files
To enable MAPI extensions for QuickBooks, Press the Windows Key or click the Windows logo at the bottom left of your taskbar. Type in C:\Windows and press enter
Type C:\Windows after clicking the Windows key. Search for win.ini file and verify if the following entry is present:
If the entry is not proper, make it exactly as is given above. Sometimes [MAIL] entry is not present. Add the missing entry and save the file. Restart your computer and verify if the error is resolved.
If you are not able to find the MAPI file, you may not have the extensions required for enabling MAPI files. In some cases, you must have administrator credentials to continue with the process.
Upgrade Office/QuickBooks software
Just like the Outlook upgrade, you must also check if there are updates with QuickBooks. Uninstall the existing QuickBooks but write down your product and license code before uninstalling. Reinstall the QuickBooks with the original packaging of the product. Similarly, you may want to check the reinstalling Office as it could be also the reason for the error.
Get help with QuickBooks installation with Office 365
Though it looks very easy, installing QuickBooks with Office 365 can be quite complex. We have a better solution. Why not host QuickBooks on a cloud desktop with Office 365 installed on the same desktop? We will help you setup Office 365 with QuickBooks, and troubleshoot all errors that may arise. Apps4Rent is a QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP) and a Tier 1 CSP for Office 365. We are available round-the-clock via phone, chat, and email. Contact our experts now!