QuickBooks Pro Desktop 2021, 2020, 2019, & 2018
Comprehensive QuickBooks course that starts at the basics and moves forward in a well planned and understandable way.
- QuickBooks Pro Software would be best although we can review the content without the software
This comprehensive course will provide an understanding of QuickBooks Pro Desktop 2021, 2020, 2019 & 2018 in a format beneficial to both beginners & advanced users.
We will start at the basics & go far beyond simple data entry, explaining how the software works in a clear step by step format.
We continually update this course, making it a community and recourse you can regularly return to and learn from. Current students will have access to the updates as they are created.
How can I get access to the software?
If you do not have access to QuickBooks, Intuit, the owner of QuickBooks, often provides a free 30-day trial, perfect for our needs.
- Try typing into your favorite browser: Download a trial of QuickBooks Desktop
- Students at accredited educational institutions may be able to get access to a trial version that lasts a year rather than 30 days. Try typing into your favorite browser: QuickBooks Desktop for Students
QuickBooks updates the software each year and we updated the course content each year, so you have the latest look and feel of the software.
One benefit of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can use the same software for multiple years. Therefore, you may have an older version of the software or may work with a client using an older version of the software.
Along with the most current software, this course will also include demonstrations in older versions of the software so that users can refer them when needed. We will also provide backup files related to older versions of the software that can be used to work through practice problems.
Note that there are some drawbacks to updating the course each year we want to be upfront about. We think the benefits outweigh the problems.
The course can feel bloated with content as we work similar demonstrations in new versions of the software. We will add the new content to the top of the course so you can jump right into the newest version. Each version of the software will include at least 25 hours of content once completed which makes it one of the most comprehensive courses you will find.
Adding new counted each year also makes it a little more difficult to fulfill the requirements for Udemy to provide a certificate of completion. However, you do not need to watch each video to receive the certificate of completion. Once you have finished the portion of the course that relates to you, the rest of the videos can be marked as completed manually, allowing Udemy to issue the certificate of completion.
This course will start at the basics, assuming you know nothing about the software or accounting.
We will start by comparing the different versions of QuickBooks. We will then go through the purchasing process, the downloading process, and the installation process.
The first half of the course will be dedicated to navigating the software, getting a feel for the major components of the software, and the primary accounting cycles such as the customer section or revenue cycle, the vendor section or payments cycle, and the employee section or payroll cycle.
Once we learn the primary sections or accounting cycles we will analyze the forms and transactions within each section, considering the impact each has on the financial statements.
The second half of the course will be in the format of a comprehensive problem, working through two months of data impute.
We will enter every standard type of transaction as we work through the comprehensive problem. The comprehensive problem format will provide context to the data entry process, so we understand how the data impute fits into the accounting workflow.
A comprehensive problem also allows us to do more than simple data entry, data entry generally being the easiest part of the accounting process. We will be able to see how to set up the system to make the data entry as easy as possible.
We will also be able to see the impact on the financial statements of every transaction we make and be able to check our work after each transaction.
QuickBooks backup files will be provided. Backup files allow us to restore a data file and are very useful for learning. Backup files permit us to jump forward in a practice problem and have the data needed to work along with the step by step presentations, having the same data as is in the example presentation, in our system as we start the practice problem. Backup files also allow us to rework a problem or start over if we make an error.
If a course teaches in the form of a comprehensive problem, the best way to teach, and they do not provide backup files you will need to start the problem with no data and then follow the entire problem without any errors to line up with each step of the example problem being presented. Backup files allow you much more flexibility, being able to jump to future parts of the practice problem or rework any part of the problem.
What’s new and why should you upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop Premier to 2021?
Intuit has rolled out the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop Premier, bringing in some novel as well as enhanced functionalities to further improve the utility and ease of use of the accounting software. The following are the highlights of the QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021 version:
- Faster import of bank feeds with the help of automatic categorization or batch-editing the bank transactions on the basis of accounts, payees, and classes.
- With the help of the QuickBooks Desktop Mobile application, you can automatize creating receipt expense entries.
- You can now add logos and also custom format your payment receipts to give them a more professional look.
- Statements can now be sent automatically to customers to help you get your payments quickly. No need to manually send the payment statements to your customers in order to remind them to close their open balances.
- You get access to creating rule-based customer groups on the basis of customer type, their location, balance, etcetera. It helps you improve customer communications.
All these aforementioned features make your job extremely easy and help you fulfill your industry-specific requirements.
The latest additions and enhancements of already present functionalities of the QB Desktop Premier are sure to temp anybody to upgrade to the latest version as early as possible. Here’s a guide to help you upgrade to the brand new version:
Considerations before upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Premier to newer version
Prior to going ahead with the upgrade, you must identify all the system requirements for the latest update. The following are the desktop system and browser standards that you should be able to meet:
- A Windows 8.1 operating system with Update 1, or Windows 10 update, supported and recognized by Microsoft
- A 2012 (R2), 2016, or 2019 Windows Server
- A processor having a clock speed of 2.4 GHz
- A minimum of 4 Gigabytes of RAM, preferably 8 GB
- A minimum disk storage space of 2.5 GB, excluding the storage requirements of data files. Hence, consider more space for data files.
- 4x DVD-ROM drive, unless you are downloading the updated version directly from the Intuit server.
- Product registration is a must
- Users will require internet access for payroll and other online features. An internet speed of 1 Mbps is recommended.
- The version is optimized for 1280×1024 or higher screen resolution. Supports one Workstation Monitor and up to two extended monitors. Optimized for default Dots Per Inch (DPI) settings.
- A 32-bit Internet Explorer version 11.0.
- Further, in order to integrate the QB Desktop Premier 2021 with Microsoft Word or Excel, you would require a Microsoft office 2013+(2013-2019), or Microsoft Office 365 ( 32 and 64 bit).
How to update/upgrade Quickbooks Desktop Premier 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 to 2021?
There are multiple methods to update/upgrade your Quickbooks Desktop Premier to the latest release, moreover, all versions of the software follow the same procedures which are described in detail below.
Here are Top Two Methods of Upgrading your Quickbooks Desktop Premier to 2021
The methods to update/upgrade Quickbooks are:
1. Upgrading from within the Current QuickBooks Application
For upgrading your QB Desktop Premier from within your present QuickBooks, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Head to the ‘help’ section of the QB application and choose ‘Upgrade QuickBooks’
- Choose ‘Upgrade Now’ if you have already purchased the latest version, else choose ‘Buy Now’ to purchase the version before upgrading.
- QuickBooks will automatically check for the latest upgrades associated with your customer account.
- If there are no upgrades available on your account, or you have bought QuickBooks from a retail store, the application will ask you to enter the license and product information to upgrade. You can select ‘Continue’ to proceed, after providing the product details.
- QuickBooks will display the available upgrades on your account. You can select ‘QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021’ and choose ‘Upgrade Now’.
- In order to remove the older version of QuickBooks from your system, remove the check against the ‘Keep old versions on my computer’ and select ‘Let’s go’.
- The QuickBooks application will close and let the upgrade run. It will install and register the latest version, and will also create an up to date copy of your company’s file. Note that the installation time will vary according to your internet speed.
- Once the upgrade is completed, a success message will be displayed on your system’s screen. You can now select ‘Open QuickBooks’ to start using the latest version of your QuickBooks application.
2. Download and Install the Latest Version in just three simple steps
For manually upgrading your QuickBooks Desktop Premier application, you need to download the latest version from the ‘Downloads & Updates’ page of the Intuit server. You would require to select your country, product, and version to download the same. Select the product and version as QuickBooks Desktop Premier and 2021, respectively. Click on the download button to start downloading the latest release.
Once you have downloaded the new version, save the file on your desktop, or other destination you can easily locate. Also, keep handy the product details for the installation process. You can find the product details in the purchase email if you have purchased the product directly from Intuit’s website. If purchased from a retail shop, look for the original package label.
Once you are ready with the downloaded file and the product details, follow the subsequent steps to complete the upgrade:
Step 1: Open the file
Open the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file you saved post downloading. Follow the displayed instructions. Accept the license agreement and click ‘Next’. Then, provide product details and choose ‘Next’.
Step 2: Select type of installation
You will get two choices for installing the QuickBooks product: express, or custom and network. Identify which install type is right for you and proceed with the installation as explained below:
○ Express Install
It is recommended for first-time users, users who are reinstalling QuickBooks, or users who are planning to use the QuickBooks application on a single system and not as a part of a network of systems.
For express installation, choose ‘Express’ and click ‘Next’. Select ‘Install’. Once it finishes, click on ‘Open QuickBooks’ to start using the application.
○ Custom and Network Install
It is recommended for users installing QuickBooks to a location other than the default, such as on a server. It is also recommended for users planning to set up a multi-user network or hosting company files on a server.
For installing QuickBooks with custom and network options, choose the ‘Custom and Network Options’ and click ‘Next’.
Then, pick the choice that best describes how you will use the application.
Next, click on the ‘Change the install location’ and select ‘Browse’ to head to the folder you want to install QuickBooks in. Users generally prefer to put it in the ‘Programs’ folder.
Click ‘Next’ to initialize installation. Once completed, you can get started by selecting ‘Open QuickBooks’.
Step 3: Activation
After the QB Desktop Premier 2021 has been installed, QuickBooks will demand activating and updating your product. If not prompted automatically, you can manually activate QuickBooks.
In the QuickBooks application, go to the ‘Help’ menu and click ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’. Then, follow the displayed instructions to verify user information. Once activated, you can enjoy QuickBooks’ latest features and functionalities.
In case you face any error or technical difficulties while installing the latest version, you can connect with the support community or go to the ‘Support’ section of the official QuickBooks webpage.
Upgrading to the latest QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021 will unlock your access to all the new functionalities such as customized payment receipts, automatic dispatch of payment statements, and much more. You can consider hosting Quickbooks Desktop Premier with Sagenext for accelerating your business growth by effectively streamlining your accounting activities. You are sure to get quick, easy, and global access to the world’s most trusted accounting tool.
QuickBooks Desktop 2021: Everything You Need To Know About Intuit’s Latest Release
What’s New With QuickBooks Desktop 2021?
QuickBooks 2021 has introduced a handful of new features that make it easier for small businesses to balance their books. These features include improvements to bank feeds, automated statements, categorized receipt entries, and receipt customization.
QuickBooks 2021 Features
Let’s take a look at each of the new features offered by QuickBooks Desktop 2021 so you can see how these changes affect your business.
- Automated Statements
- Bank Feed Improvements
- Receipt Management Tools
- Customer Groups
- Customized Receipts
Of course, you’ll also still have access to the same great features offered in the previous version of QuickBooks Desktop, including cash or accrual-based accounting, expense tracking, invoicing, estimates and quotes, contact management, inventory, and more.
If you’re a Mac user, QuickBooks for Mac offers a number of new features in its latest software. These features include:
- Automated Payment Reminders
- Statement e-Payments: Add a payment portal link directly within your statements, making it easier and more convenient for you and your customers.
- Combined Invoices: Combine multiple invoices into one simple email.
- Sales Tax Codes: Now you can record sales tax for out-of-state orders, non-profits, and multiple districts.
- 1099 e-Filing: You can now e-file 1099s through QuickBooks for Mac.
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Pricing Changes
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 also brings increased pricing. There are several different pricing options available to you. Let’s break down the costs of each option to help you determine which is right for you.
|2020 Pricing||2021 Pricing|
$299.95 one-time license
$399.99 one-time license
$499.95 one-time license
$649.99 one-time license
|QuickBooks Enterprise||Starting at $924/year||$1,213/year|
|QuickBooks Mac||$399.99 one-time license||$399.99 one-time license|
QuickBooks Pro 2021
Your first option is to purchase an annual subscription. QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021 is priced at $299.99/year, although you may qualify for discounts when purchasing directly through Intuit. With this subscription plan, you’ll have full access to QuickBooks Desktop, as well as unlimited customer support, automatic backup and recovery, and automatic updates and patches. You also have the option to add on payroll and hosting services. Additional users can also be added for a fee.
You may also opt to purchase a QuickBooks Pro 2021 license for a one-time fee of $399.99. While this may seem like the less expensive option, there are a few things to consider. Automatic updates, data recovery, and backups are not included. You will also pay an additional $299.95/year for a Care Plan that offers unlimited support. These are all included for no additional fee when you subscribe to QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021. Payroll, hosting services, and additional users can be added for an additional fee.
QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021 + Payroll
If you have employees and plan to use QuickBooks for payroll, QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021 + Payroll has what you’re looking for. This plan costs $749.99/year. It includes everything from the QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021 subscription, as well as QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll. Hosting services and additional users can be added for a fee.
QuickBooks Premier 2021
If you want everything offered by QuickBooks Pro but want industry-specific software, QuickBooks Premier 2021 is a good choice. QuickBooks Premier 2021 can be purchased for a one-time fee of $649.99. Payroll and the QuickBooks Care Plan can be added on for an additional cost.
If you prefer an annual subscription that includes unlimited customer support, updates, and automatic data backups, you can sign up for Premier Plus 2021 at a cost of $499.99/year.
QuickBooks Premier Plus 2021 + Payroll
You can sign on for Premier Plus 2021 with the addition of Enhanced Payroll for a cost of $949.99/year.
QuickBooks Enterprise 21.0
Businesses looking for a more scalable solution may want to give QuickBooks Enterprise 21.0 a try. With this plan, you can have up to 40 users and get access to additional features including advanced inventory, priority support, and industry-specific software versions. QuickBooks Enterprise costs $1,213/year.
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Upgrade
organize all of your business finances in one convenient place and save time on everyday tasks by quickly creating invoices, manage customers, track income and expenses, and more. This article provides you complete guidance on the upgrade process of QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
Step by step instructions for the upgrade to the latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version
If you’re upgrading your QuickBooks to a newer version 2021, you’ll also require upgrading your company file so that you can keep using them. You only need to upgrade your company file once then you’re all set to use them in the newer version. Let’s start exploring its steps one by one:
Step1: Install QuickBooks
- Initially, you need to sign in as an Admin user to your Windows
- Next, download the new latest version of QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit official website
- Now, perform the install instruction that appears on your install wizards.
Once your QuickBooks is successfully installed then you need to upgrade your company file as well. So to do that, you need to prepare your company file. Here’s how:
Step2: Preparation your company files
- The very first, open your original QuickBooks version
- Next, open the desired company files that you wish to upgrade
- Now, open the information window of the product by pressing the F2 button from your keyboard
- Search for the section named “File Information”
- Make a note of the location where you’ve saved your company file
- After that, download and run the Rebuild Tool for your QuickBooks company file (This prepares it for the upgrade).
Step 3: Upgrade your company file
Now, when you first open the company file in your newer edition, QuickBooks asks you to upgrade your company file. Bear in mind, after you update it, you won’t be able to access your company file in your original QuickBooks version.
- Firstly, ensure that no one users are logged in to your company file
- This means all users must log out from your company file
- Next, open new QuickBooks Desktop version
- Now, choose the Open or Restore Company if you don’t have a company file open
- After that, move to the “File” menu and then select the Open or Restore Company option
- Choose the option named “Open a company file” and then hit “Next”
- In case, if you’ve QBB (QuickBooks backup company file) instead of the QBW (company file)
- Then choose the Restore a backup copy >> Local backup
- Browse the computer for your company file
- Make a note of the location of the file in step 1
- Select the same and choose the open option
- Now, sign in to your company file as an Admin user
- QuickBooks creates a backup of your existing company file automatically before you upgrade
- Choose the option labeled “Change this default location” to save your backup in a specific folder
- After that, hit “Upgrade Now” to begin the upgrade process of the company file
- Hit the “Done” button once the QuickBooks Company file upgrade is completed.
In your latest version of QuickBooks Desktop, you can now open your current company file. You can now pass them back if you hold your company files on a server.
The above-discussed is the detailed instruction on QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade. So, it is required to upgrade your old QuickBooks Desktop 2020,QuickBooks 2019,QuickBooks 2018 to get access to all new advanced automatic features that make your tasks much ease and save a lot of time to boost your productivity.Post navigation