Turbotax we know, TurboTax comes up with advanced features and functionalities. Because of having such amazing features, it has become popular in the market when it comes to filing taxes. You can get the advantage of various versions after installing this software. You can wisely choose one of the TurboTax versions according to your business requirements. What if you have mistakenly purchased the wrong version of TurboTax? No worries as we are here to suggest How to downgrade TurboTax with some of the simple steps.
How to Downgrade TurboTax?
Ensure that you have all the required information including tax information while downgrading the TurboTax software. Let’s go through the following steps and apply them one after another.
- The first step is to Log in to the TurboTax account.
- And then, click on the My Account option.
- Click on the Clear and Start Over option.
- Lastly, it will lead you to the starting of the tax return where you can enter 2020 tax year data.
How to Downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe?
Here are the steps to downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe to Plus TurboTax. If you find any issues while applying any of these instructions, get connected with us to get immediate support.
- Firstly, open TurboTax on the PC and choose My Account.
- After that, click on the Clear & Start Over option and it will bring you back to the starting of your return.
- Finally, re-enter all the mandatory details. It will help you in downgrading TurboTax.
To sum up
Hopefully, your doubts have cleared regarding ‘How to downgrade TurboTax?’ If you have any further issues or want to get any advice from our experts, get connected with our QASolved team. We are here to guide you throughout the whole process of downgrading the TurboTax software.
TurboTax is famous tax preparation software that permits you to downgrade TurboTax for free. Because of having advanced features, it has gained popularity among its users and become a great tax filing software. You can avail of various versions such as Deluxe, premier, and home and business depend on the user’s requirements. You must know that the TurboTax Deluxe version is not free, and you have to pay a fixed amount to avail of all the features of TurboTax. Here, we are writing down the process of ‘How to downgrade TurboTax‘ and the reasons behind doing the same. Well, the perfect method to downgrade is to Clear and Start Over the software.
Below, we are providing you with a price list of all versions of TurboTax so that it will be convenient for you to choose the version accordingly. You are allowed to downgrade any of the TurboTax version from premier to Deluxe or free edition, so on. It is up to you which version you want to install on your system.
What is the Need to Downgrade TurboTax?
As we know, there might be chances of getting the wrong version of TurboTax software. In such a scenario, you might be thinking to switch the current version to another. This happens because of not having complete information regarding versions of TurboTax software.
Let’s suppose you are interested to buy a premium version and ended up buying the deluxe one, it may affect your business. But, you don’t need to get worried as we are concluding everything about ‘How to downgrade TurboTax?’ in the following post.
Well, the perfect way to downgrade the TurboTax software is to clear and start over to downgrade it. Or, you may go through the following post to know more steps to downgrade TurboTax.
How to Downgrade TurboTax?
Before applying the steps to downgrade the software, make sure that you have all the required information including tax information with you. Now, you may proceed and apply the underneath steps for downgrading TurboTax Online for free.
- First of all, log in to the TurboTax account and choose the My Account option.
- After that, choose the Clear and Start Over option.
- Finally, you will get back to the starting of the tax return where you can enter 2020 tax year data.
Also Read: How to use TurboTax? – A Comprehensive Guide
What If you want to downgrade TurboTax 2021?
In this case, you can contact the reseller if the software has been purchased from any e-commerce site & ask for a replacement. If you have purchased the software from any IT software shop, ask for a replacement.
Steps to downgrade TurboTax 2019.
- First of all, access TurboTax and log in to the account by using Admin credentials.
- And then, choose Tax Tools from the left navigation pane.
- Choose the Tools option and a tools center box will appear on the screen.
- Finally, click on the My Fees box.
And if, you want to downgrade TurboTax 2018, use the Clear & Start Over procedure to do the same.
How to Downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe?
Well, the aforementioned steps will help you to downgrade the software for any version. And if you are looking for the steps to downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe to Plus TurboTax, you can follow the underneath steps.
- Firstly, launch TurboTax on the PC and choose My Account.
- Choose the Clear & Start Over option and it will bring you back to the starting of your return.
- Here, you need to re-enter all the required details. This will help you in downgrading TurboTax.
Steps to Downgrade TurboTax to Basic Version via Mobile App
- Firstly, you need to log out of the TurboTax account on your mobile by choosing the menu option.
- After that, open a web browser and log in to the turbotax.com
- Now, go to the menu option and choose the Tax Tools option.
- Click on the Clear & Start Over option and a confirmation window will pop up on the screen. Choose Yes.
- And then, choose the Logout option present at the bottom of the left-hand panel.
- Finally, log in to the TurboTax mobile app.
The Exceptional Way to Downgrade TurboTax Software
If none of the aforementioned methods helped you in downgrading the software, you can uninstall the current one and replace it with another by installing the required one. The steps have been listed below to perform the same.
- The initial step is to launch the Control Panel.
- And then, choose the Uninstall a program link under the Programs tab.
- Now, choose the current TurboTax version that you need to delete or uninstall on the Programs and Feature window.
- Finally, choose the Uninstall option and follow the ongoing instructions.
If you are getting stuck in any issues while removing the Premium services bundle, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The first step is to Log in to the TurboTax account and launch your return.
- After that, choose the File and continue on the Well Done screen.
- Click on the Start next to Step 1 option and review your order.
- Next, choose Revisit if you can’t perform the above steps.
- Select Remove when the order summary appears.
- Finally, click on the Pay with a credit card option.
Ending the Article!
Assumingly, the aforementioned blog has assisted you well while applying the steps of ‘How to downgrade TurboTax?’ You must keep in mind that once you have upgraded the TurboTax software, there will be no technique to downgrade it. In such a case, you need to create a new return and select the lesser version, or select any version to prepare all returns. If you have any doubts regarding TurboTax software, quickly get in touch with our certified professionals. We, at QASolved, are ready to assist you whatever the situation is. You just need to give us a ring to get immediate support.
Can I downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?
To downgrade, you’ll need to clear and start over. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to do this if you’ve already submitted payment or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund.
Know that each version of TurboTax is designed to handle different tax situations and their associated forms. While you’re welcome to downgrade, you may miss some features — and you’ll be prompted to upgrade when those features are needed.
How To Downgrade TurboTax
Since its emergence in 1984, TurboTax is continually gaining popularity because of its impeccable services on filing taxes. Whether it is your federal or state taxes, you can log into your TurboTax account and e file your taxes from the comfort of your home or on the go. The various TurboTax versions include TurboTax Basic, TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Deluxe, and TurboTax Home and Business. Having said that, instances might occur when you have purchased a particular version of TurboTax; however, you want to degrade it and get a new one.
Such instances could lead you to search for how to downgrade TurboTax. Read this web page carefully and find out how you can shift to another TurboTax version when you already have purchased one.
How To Downgrade TurboTax For Free?
If you have purchased the wrong version of TurboTax and now you need to downgrade it, you need to use the “Clear and Start Over” feature. Here’s the series of steps involved in downgrade TurboTax online:
- Log into your TurboTax account and navigate to the “My Account” tab.
- Locate the “Clear & Start Over” option and select it.
- Now, you will be taken back to the beginning of your tax return where you can re-enter your 2020 tax-year data.
Below-mentioned are the various queries that many taxpayers often search online:
How to Downgrade TurboTax 2021?: For instance, you have purchased the TurboTax Premier version and now want to replace or downgrade TurboTax version, at first, you can contact the reseller, if you have purchased it from any ecommerce site and ask for a replacement. If you have purchased the TurboTax version from any IT software shop and now want to downgrade TurboTax product, you can ask for a replacement and the difference amount to be refunded.
How to downgrade TurboTax 2019?: To downgrade TurboTax 2019, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Open TurboTax and log into your account using the correct login credentials.
- From the left navigation pane, select Tax Tools and then select the “Tools” option.
- You will notice a Tools Center box on the screen; click on the My Fees box from the right.
How to downgrade TurboTax 2018?: Downgrading TurboTax 2018 requires you to use the Clear & Start Over process as discussed earlier in this web page.
Downgrade TurboTax to Basic Using Mobile App
If you are using the TurboTax mobile app and need to downgrade from Deluxe to Plus TurboTax, first you need to delete your returns and start from scratch. Here;’s what you need to do:
- On your mobile, log out of the TurboTax account by navigating the Menu option in the upper-left corner.
- Launch a web browser and use the app login to log into turbotax.com.
- On the left-hand side, click on the menu and then select tax Tools.
- On the next screen, select the option, “Clear & Start Over”.
- Once a pop-up confirmation prompts on your screen, click on Yes.
- Click on the “Logout” option at the bottom of the left-hand panel.
- Lastly, log into the TurboTax mobile app and check if you downgrade from TurboTax Deluxe to free.
Tips To Downgrade TurboTax Deluxe Version
A wrong purchase of TurboTax Deluxe version might need you to downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe to free. For instance, you wanted to buy TurboTax Basic but ended with a Deluxe version of TurboTax. In such cases, you can downgrade the current version by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch TurboTax on your computer and click on the “My Account” option.
- Click on the “Clear & Start Over” option and it will redirect you to the beginning of your return.
- Re-enter all the requested details. This is how to downgrade TurboTax Deluxe.
If you encounter any challenges to downgrade from Deluxe to Plus TurboTax, you can use the steps mentioned above and continue filing your taxes online.
How to Downgrade TurboTax Version Without Starting Over?
Using the Start Over process is one of the best ways to downgrade the TurboTax version. However, if you don’t want to use this feature, you can simply return it to Intuit and they will provide you a full refund. Whether it is a TurboTax CD or DVD medium, return it to Intuit and wait for the refund amount to be credited to you.
Effective Ways to Downgrade TurboTax Online
Many taxpayers often search for answers to questions like how to downgrade TurboTax deluxe, how to downgrade TurboTax online, etc. While using the “Clear & Start Over” option is one of the effective ways, you can also uninstall the current TurboTax version and install the required one.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Under the Programs tab, click on the “Uninstall a program” link.
- On the Programs and Features window, select the installed TurboTax version that you want to remove and downgrade to a new one.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option located at the top.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the software from your computer.
After reinstalling the existing TurboTax version, instances might occur when you might need to remove the Premium Services bundle added while using the earlier TurboTax version. In such cases, follow the below-mentioned instructions to delete the Premium Services from your order:
- Log into your TurboTax account and open your return.
- From the left-hand menu, select File and select Continue on the “Well done” screen.
- Click on the Start next to Step 1 option and review your order.
- In case you are unable to perform the above step, select Revisit.
- When you can see the order summary, click on Remove at the bottom of the Premium Services section.
- Select “Pay with a credit card” option when prompted for the payment method.
Once you remove the Premium Services, features like 1-year subscription to Audit Defence, full identity restoration, identity theft monitoring, etc. are removed and you don’t get further access to Priority Care.
So, these are the various ways by which you can downgrade the TurboTax version and fulfill your efiling requirements. Follow them the exact way and ensure a smooth journey towards submitting your returns according to the American tax systems.
How Can I Downgrade From Turbotax Deluxe To The Free Filling?
TurboTax is a one of the most popular tax preparation software packages developed by Intuit. It basically acts as a seamless tax preparation framework and helps taxpayers to e-file their tax return easily. Due to many advanced features, TurboTax became more familiar with all its user and this makes it a good tax filing system.
The company has released TurboTax in various versions depending on the requirements of its users, mainly deluxe, premier, and home and business. You might wonder to know which TurboTax do I need? In order to get answer of this, check a quick comparison between TurboTax Deluxe vs. Premier vs. Home and Business to know the features of all the three versions and them to know which version will be best suited for you. Must check how to downgrade from TurboTax deluxe to other versions.
TurboTax Deluxe vs. Premier vs Home & Bussiness
Different versions of software can make it very easy for its users to prepare their state and federal income tax files easily. It is very easy to install it or to change the installed version as per future requirement. There are some basic steps that you need to apply for how to downgrade TurboTax deluxe or any other version to the most suitable one as per your requirement. But before that, check all the important features of different TurboTax versions:
1. TurboTax Deluxe:
In order to maximize your tax returns, TurboTax Deluxe is supposed to be the best option. There are many best features offered by this version at an affordable price. Check a few important benefits of TurboTax Deluxe version from below:
- It provides you maximum returns
- It is easy preparation and e-filing of tax returns
- You can easily double-check your tax returns
- Saves a lot of your time while e-filing taxes
- Helps you through the latest taxes
2. TurboTax Premier:
TurboTax Premier is little more expensive than TurboTax Deluxe as it offers a few additional benefits as well. To be honest, this version is quite better than the Deluxe Version. Check some additional benefits of TurboTax Premier over TurboTax Deluxe from below:
- Provides some additional support for rental property income and similar expenses
- It also provides you a complete help for retirement taxes
- You can maximize your returns easily
- Prepare and e-file your tax returns
- Check the tax history, and gives you a brief analysis
3. TurboTax Home and Business:
TurboTax Home and Business version comes packed with many advanced features that may help you in tax preparation and maximizing returns. But this version is bit more expensive and is specifically designed for people who are self-employed or owns a small business firm. It provides you some extra advantages over TurboTax premier. These features are given below:
- It offers support for self-employed tax deductions
- Creates 1099 and W-2 forms for the employees
- Provides you detailed guide for starting any new business
Quick tips to downgrade TurboTax deluxe to free
As we all know, TurboTax Deluxe program is not free. You need to pay some amount in order to avail all the feature of TurboTax programme. While using TurboTax how to downgrade query, you can check different methods to downgrade your TurboTax application. One of the simple ways to downgrade is to Clear and Start Over.
You need to follow the steps given below to check all charges, and then delete anything from your TurboTax account that you don’t have to use:
- Select Tax Tools from the left navigation pane of the screen and then choose Tools option.
- Now, a Tools Center box will appear on your screen with four blue boxes.
- At last, click on the My Fees box from the right.
If you experience any issue while following the above instructions, then to know how to remove TurboTax deluxe, open the File section and then navigate to the Review Your Order screen. This will display the breakdown of your charges.
You must be aware with the face that there is no way to downgrade any TurboTax product once you have upgraded it. What you can do is create a new return and choose a lower version. You can also use any version in order to prepare all returns.