Did your printer stop working suddenly and now shows Epson Error Code 0X97? Don’t panic. Here you will get the solution to your problem. In this article, you can know how to fix Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 by yourself. Just follow the troubleshooting steps in the given sequence and repair your Epson Printer with Error 0X97.
Simple Steps to Fix Error Code 0X97
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is an internal hardware problem that occurs in the Epson Printers. This error 0X97 appears on the LCD screen of the printer. The Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 causes suddenly when the printing process is taking place and it stops the print job or turns off the printer. A motherboard failure is one of the reasons for the occurrence of Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 in your printer. As the Epson Error 0X97 is caused due to the internal hardware issue, you can easily fix this error by following the troubleshooting steps described below.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0X97?
You can resolve the Epson Printer Error 0X97 in various ways. The solutions to troubleshoot the Epson Printer Error 0X97 are as follows.
Solution 1: Unplug and Plugin the Printer
- Firstly, you have to open the case of your printer and see if any paper materials are jammed. If present, remove all the paper straps carefully.
- Now, remove all the cartridges of your printer carefully and unplug all the USB cables of your Epson Printer and then turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Wait for few seconds, and plug back all the USB cables that were removed to the printer.
- Now switch ON the printer and check if the error 0X97 is fixed or not.
- If the error is not repaired, then try the solution 2.
Solution 2: Unplug and Plugin your Printer in Inverse manner
This process is quite opposite to solution 1. Through this process, you can know whether the error has occurred due to internal hardware failure or not.
- First of all, shut down your printer by pressing the power button and unplug all the USB cables.
- Wait for 5 minutes and press & hold the power button of the printer for more than 1 minute.
- Now while pressing the power button, plugin all the USB cables.
- Press the power button for another 1 minute after plugging in all the cables.
- Now plug back the power cable and release the power button.
- Check if the error is displaying or not. If the Epson Error 0X97 still persist, try the solution 3.
Solution 3: Clean the clogged Epson printer nozzles with Wet Tissues
- Unplug all the power cables of your printer.
- Now, open the case of the printer and wet a piece of soft cloth in an ammonia-based cleansing liquid.
- Put the cloth under the print head and move the printer head to the center.
- Leave the cloth for 12 Hours.
- Now remove the cloth and close the printer.
- Now, switch ON the printer and check if the error is resolved or not.
Epson has one of the most renowned printers all over the world. Their models are known for their outstanding performance and consistent quality prints. Nevertheless, every printer or driver has its fair share of flaws. Sometimes issues arise because of technical and mechanical reasons that are out of our control. Perhaps the most common error that users encounter with Epson printers is the Epson error code 0x97.
Have you encountered this kind of error while using an Epson WF-3640 or some other Epson model? This particular issue is extremely annoying, and numerous Epson printer users frequently report it. Fortunately for you, there’s an easy fix for this problem, which we’ll discuss later below. But first, let’s talk about what this error is and what its possible causes are.CONTENT
What’s an Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97?
The Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 is commonly experienced by those who are using their printers for an extended period. This type of error crops up instantly, and you won’t get any warning or sign once it occurs. It compromises your printer’s fundamental functioning by disrupting a signal that helps the device to turn on and off. You won’t be able to use your printer until you permanently fix the problem.
You can see an Epson error code 0x97 on your printer’s LED screen. This error happens while you’re printing, forcing the printer to shut down unexpectedly. It mostly occurs on Epson WF-3640 (Epson 252 Ink), WF-4630 (Epson 786 Ink), or WF-7610 models in the Epson WorkForce Series.
Epson WF-3640 (Epson 252 Ink)
Epson WF-4630 (Epson 786 Ink)
Epson WF-7610 (Epson 252 Ink)
What causes an Epson Error Code 0x97?
The Epson 0x97 error code is a type of warning whenever you encounter an internal hardware issue with your printer. It can be because of a motherboard malfunction or some other kind of internal component malfunction. Once this error appears on the screen, it’s likely because some internal components of your printer aren’t functioning correctly.
If you encounter an Epson error code 0x97 on your WF-3640 or some other WorkForce printer, don’t panic. Try following the simple troubleshooting methods below before you send your printer to a repair shop.
Related Article: Why is My Epson Printer Not Printing After Changing Ink?
Troubleshooting Methods for fix Error Code 0x97:
Disconnect Everything from the Printer
Before you proceed, you need to cancel any print task and take out all paper jams from your printer. This method is relatively easy and may work for you, depending on the cause of the error. After removing all paper jams, disconnect every cable connected to the printer. They include USB cords, cable wires, and power cords, as well as ink cartridges.
Press and hold the printer’s Power button for 1 minute. Then, plug back everything, including reinstalling the Epson ink cartridges into their respective slots. Push the Power button and turn on your printer then conduct a test print. Find out if there are any changes. If the Epson 0x97 persists or if it returned after a few pages of printing, proceed to troubleshoot method 2.
Reset your Printer
This troubleshooting technique is virtually similar to the first one. You have to disconnect all your printer’s cables. Allow your printer to rest for about five minutes before you proceed. Then, press and hold the Power button for 1 minute. Continue pressing and holding the Power button while you reconnect every cable back. You may need another person’s help with this method.
Press and hold the Power button once more for 1 minute and then release. Conduct a test print to find out if there are any improvements. If the Epson printer error code 0x97 still lingers, then the last method may be the solution.
Clean the Print Head
There are times when a dirty and clogged printhead is the culprit behind an Epson 0x97 error. If this is the case, the solution would be to clean the printhead thoroughly. Here are the steps in cleaning an Epson printer’s printhead:
Step 1 – Remove each ink cartridge one by one from the printhead. Place the ink cartridges (in inverted position) on top of a clean paper or towel. Then, carefully remove the printhead from the printer.
Step 2 – Wipe the bottom of the printhead thoroughly using a clean, lint-free cloth damped in warm water. Keep on cleaning the nozzle area until there’s no more black ink sticking on the fabric.
Step 3 – Soak the printhead in a bowl with warm water for 10 minutes. Do not use boiled water. Put a clean paper towel at the base and let the printhead rest above it while soaking. Take out the printhead from the bowl, and carefully wipe off any water and moisture using a dry lint-free cloth.
Step 4 – Place the printhead on top of a paper towel and allow it to air-dry for 15 minutes. Then, insert the printhead back into the carriage and reinstall all the cartridges into their respective slots. Turn on your printer and see if there are any changes.
Install and update your printer’s driver
There’s also a chance that a malware is the main reason behind the Epson error code 0x97. If so, then install or update your printer’s malware protection.
Final Step in fixing an Epson Error Code 0x97
Is your Epson printer’s warranty still valid? If it still is, you can contact the customer support department to help you deal with the problem, then request customer support for possible troubleshooting methods.
If the customer support can’t help you fix the issue, you can then request for a replacement. The Epson printer error code 0x97 is a hardware malfunction error, which means that your printer is essentially non-operational. Epson will replace your printer if they can’t help you fix it. It would be best to take advantage of your warranty before anything else.
Here’s how to quickly fix 0x97 error on Epson printers
- This error code 0x97 appears on the indicator with a notice to turn the printer off and on again. After this error occurs, the printer will stop printing.
- First, consider using Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool to fix the error problem. While running the troubleshooter, you may be required to unplug or couple the printer.
- You just wanted to print your report and…nothing! Frustrating indeed but we have solutions in the How to fix printer errors section.
- When you encounter a problem with your peripherals, not only your printer, go to our Peripherals category for a possible fix.
Get rid of all printer-related issues right now
Printer problems are caused by corrupted or outdated drivers, so you may need dedicated help in order to solve them. Download and install this driver updater tool to make sure you run their latest versions. Check your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download and install here this Driver Updater tool
- Once installed, click Scan to find outdated and bad printer drivers
- Click the Update Your Drivers Now after the scan to start the repair/update process
Do you have an Epson printer? Are you getting the error code 0x97 on your printer?
You must be wondering why this error occurs during the printing process. Continue reading below, we have more to talk about this problem.Adhttps://bb1852efff65b0a80fe50631ea227acc.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
Epson printers are widely used all over the world; however, many users, especially long term Epson printer users, reported that Epson error code 0x97 comes up during the printing process.
This error appears on the indicator with a notice to turn the printer off and on again.
After this error occurs, the printer will stop printing, hence preventing any printing activity from taking place.
Error 0x97 is due to issues involving the printer’s internal hardware. Fixing this printer problem requires hands-on technical workarounds which we have compiled in this article.
How can I fix Epson printer error 0x97?
- Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
- Unplug and Plug-in
- Clean the printer using wet tissue
- Update your drivers
- Contact Hardware Specialist
Solution 1 – Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
First of all, consider using Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool to fix the error problem. While running the troubleshooter, you may be required to unplug or couple the printer.
However, ensure you follow the instructions after running the troubleshooter. Download and use the Microsoft Printer troubleshooter by using these steps below:
- Go to the link here.
- Download and install the troubleshooter on your Windows PC.
- Follow the prompts to fix the printer error.
Another alternative to this method is to use the user manual included in the printer’s package box. Locate the error problem and possible solutions as indicated in the user manual.
Solution 2 – Unplug and Plug-in
When error 0x97 occurs on an Epson printer, the indicator requires that the printer be turned off and then on again.
This process requires unplugging from power supply and plug-in to power supply. Here’s how to carry out unplug and plug-in:Ad
- Unplug all USB and cables attached to the printer.
- Open the printer casing and remove any jammed papers.
- Remove the printer cartridges and keep in a safe place.
- Hence, since the printer is disconnected, press the power button on your PC. This will release any remaining current left in your printer.
- Reconnect all the power cable and USBs attached to the printer.
- Turn on your printer afterwards.
Solution 3 – Clean the printer using wet tissue
In addition, error code 0x97 could occur because the printer has accumulated dust which surmounts to making the printer dirty.
Other factors include: waste ink around head sprayer, paper particles within the roller, and presence of unwanted elements within the printer.
We highly recommend that you clean your printer by using a wet tissue (preferably moist). Here’s how to clean up your printer:
- Turn off your Epson printer
- Open the printer casing carefully.
- Now, take a tissue and use warm water to wet it.
- Hence, clean up the internal components of the printer most especially the mechanic pad and other sensitive areas.
- Remove the tissue afterwards and wait for 15 minutes.
- Then, assemble the printer and turn it on using the power button.
Solution 4 – Update your drivers
If you’re having this problem with Epson printer, the issue might be related to your drivers.
To fix the problem, it’s advised that you update your drivers to the latest version and check if that helps.
This is a fairly simple procedure, and you can do it by visiting the printer’s manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your model.
Once you download the latest drivers, install them, and check if the problem is still there.
If downloading drivers manually seems a bit tedious to you, you might be able to fix the problem by using third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool might not be free
This tool will allow you to automatically update your drivers with just a few clicks, so it’s the simplest and fastest method of updating your drivers.
Solution 5 – Contact Hardware Specialist
Another option is to pack the printer inside a box and give it to a hardware specialist for repairs.
Some users who gave their Epson printer to hardware specialists complained about the expensive charges incurred when fixing their printer.
However, if the printer comes with a warrant, then you may possibly contact customer care on how to get a full replacement.
Consequently, if you try out any of the fixes we listed above and you are still getting this error, we highly recommend that you switch to a new printer.
We hope you solved the problem using the fixes we listed. Feel free to comment below.
How I Fixed My Epson WF-3640 Error Code 0x97
Every first month of the year, I audit my office machines and other supplies in my home office. What needs to be fixed, upgraded, calibrated or replaced are all checked and listed down. Now here’s where the trouble all began, after going through my usual work ‘tools’, I upgraded my antivirus software about a week ago. Everything seems fine at first and working well until my printer (Epson WF-3640) started flashing errors whenever I’m printing something. Message was: error 0x97.
I’m wondering if it’s due to the antivirus update. To add another problem, my printer was out of warranty a few days ago. Updating the firmware did not improve the situation. Whenever I print, my printer prints 1 page then stops and flashes error 0x97 again. It ejects the paper without prints then flash the error code again. It was so frustrating! Without my warranty, I’m looking at around $200 problem or could be more. After going through the internet and forums, I did fixed it alright but not until I went through a few more troubles. Here’s a few tricks I learned to fix the issue.
If your printer is still covered with warranty, call their customer support to run through the error with you. Call: (02) 441 9030 then ask them to guide you with some fixes. Why call than run the fixes yourself? Because when the customer support fails to fix the trouble, you can actually opt to ask for a replacement. Error 0x97 is a hardware issue and you could say your printer is basically dead. They do send replacement printers so make the most out of your warranty. It’s legit.
- Disconnect and reconnect the printer.
To do this fix, you must cancel all the print jobs first and remove any paper jams. It’s actually pretty simple and for other it worked. After getting rid of papers, unplug all cables from the printer and everything connected to it. Everything attached to it – USB, cable wires, power cords and ink cartridges. Press the power button to release any remaining power on the printer. Hold it for 60 seconds. Then, reconnect and reinstall everything. Turn on the printer and run a test print to see some improvements.
Did this work? – NO. I did print however 2 pages and the error returned. So on to fix 2.
- On and Off Printer
This is basically almost the same with fix no.1. You need to unplug the cables and plugs. Let the printer rest for 5 minutes. Then, press the power button for 60 seconds. Press and hold the power button while plugging back all the cables. You might need someone’s help on this one. Hold the power button for another 60 seconds then release. Run a test print and see any changes.
Did it work? Yes! For some reason this fix did the trick. But I’m going to throw in some proven solutions as well from other resources. This could help.
- Clean printer head
In some cases, this error could be caused by clogged printhead. So the solution is to clean it. Turn off the printer and access ink cartridge compartment. Release and remove ink cartridges.
Clean lint-free cloth
Damp the cloth and place it on the center track (where the printer head moves). Leave the cloth there for a few hours. It will absorb all the dried ink. Remove the cloth and dry the printhead. Reinstall cartridges and run a print.
I also read somewhere that the error may be caused by a malware. So install or update your malware protection to be sure.
I hope these fixes help! Thanks for the read.
Epson Error Code 0x97
What Does Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 Mean?
Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that occurs when you face any kind of internal hardware issue in your Epson printer. This error is caused due to multiple reasons such as motherboard failure or any other internal component failure. When this error happens, your printer stops printing anything that makes you stop to complete an important task. If you are getting the error code 0x97 in your Epson printer, then you can go through this article where you will be learned about the troubleshooting to fix Epson printer error code 0x97 within simple and easy mentioned steps.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Apparently, it generally occurs on models: Epson wf-3640, wf-4630, wf-3620, wf-7620, and 7610. If you want to resolve the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, then you can follow the below steps:
Method 1# Unplug and Plug-in:
- First of all, you have to unplug all the connected cables on your printer.
- Now take all printer cartridges to remove from your printer.
- Still turned off your printer from the power source by pushing down the power cables.
- After that, plug in all the cables and then USB cables.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges to the printer.
- Now turn the power back on and then check if the error code still appears.
- Check whether the blunder message remains. In the event that the error persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2# Other Method of Unplug and Plug-in:
- Switch off your Epson printer and then unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect the connected cables and USB devices.
- Now, wait for about five minutes until the printer takes a rest.
- Push and hold the power button on your printer for fewer minutes.
- Now you have to connect the power cord to your printer and then release the power button.
- After that, check whether this message still appears or not.
Method 3# Clean Clogged the Printer Nozzles:
- Turn off your printer and then unplug it from the power source along to from your Computer.
- Now open the printer casing carefully.
- Now take a clean paper towel and then it with any head cleaning fluid.
- After that, make the soaked paper towel position down into the middle of the printer heads.
- Now sit it for 12 hours and then check if the error code doesn’t reappear.
Method 4# Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
Microsoft proffers plenty of troubleshooting tools for printers and you can use anyone as per your printer and issue facing with the printer. You can download it from the official website of Microsoft as per your printer model and computer’s OS. After that, run it on your computer to fix the multiple issues including the Epson printer error code 0x97 error in a very effective way.
Method 5# Turn On and Off Your Printer
Sometimes turning a printer on and off may fix several technical issues including the error code 0x97. You can perform this process in the below manner:
- First of all, unplug all the cables and USB accessories from your printer.
- Now press and hold the power button from your printer for about 60 seconds. It will allow taking reset your printer.
- Now plug back all the accessories.
- After that, again press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and then run a test print.
Method 6# Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer:
- Check for any paper jam if available and then wipe it out.
- Unplug all the cables and USB connection to your printer.
- Press and hold the power button for about fewer seconds and then release it.
- Now wait for about 1 minute and then plug the accessories back into your printer.
- Now turn on your printer and then take a run test.
By following the above-described methods, Epson printer error code 0x97 can be fixed in a very simple manner. If you need any assistance, then contact the customer service team and they will provide you the best possible solutions to fix all sorts of issues related to the Epson Printer.
Epson Error Code 0x97
If you’re searching for a genuine and reliable printing device, then undoubtedly you will find EPSON printers meeting up the expectations. These printers not only suit up with your budgetary needs but also reveal excellent performance. Look & feel, usability, quality and functionality of these printers are also very satisfactory. However, putting aside positive aspects, everything has some dark sides also. The same is for EPSON printers. Being machinery, the printer has to encounter some minor or critical technical issues. Among several technical glitches, Epson Error Code 0X97 might be the prominent one. What is the error code, what are the reasons? and how can this problem with the printer be resolved-to get answers to these questions, go ahead reading further?
Root cause of EPSON ERROR CODE 0x97
Generally, theEpson Printer Error 0X97is encountered with the printer owing to certain issues with internal hardware. A few selected models of EPSON printer face hardware problems with this error code. The error code is seen when their motherboard stops working, and the user can not carry out working more with the printer. The proficiency of engineers in solving out such technical issues is proved when they’re able to fix the issue permanently. By the way, in most cases replacing the older printer with the new one is found out to be a wise decision. But, there are some alternative ways to fix the issues. Just carry on reading to know about them.
Where Does Error Code 0X97 is seen?
This error message is displayed on the screen as a pop-up warning that says you to turn off your device and then switch it on again.
Different Ways to Solve EPSON Error Code 0x97
Just try below described four different ways for troubleshooting and solving issues with your printer due to error code 0x97.
Unplug the power of EPSON Printer, and Plugin again If you have basic technical knowledge then you can easily fix the issue by following the steps described below. If you’re not sure by yourself, then you can check the printer manual to check the setup procedure. You can also contact our support staff through phone numbers. So let’s start with the steps.
- First of all open printers covering, and try to check whether any paper is stuck in the tray. Also, carefully remove trash is that is present there.
- Now, carefully take out all cartridges from the printer.
- Then, disconnect all USBs and cables from the printer
- After that, to remove all power current, press “power button”
- Again, plug in all cables as well as USB
- Finally, after reconfiguration, switch on your printer to check whether the error is fixed.
Once, you find the first method isn’t helpful in sorting out the issue, just move to the second step.
Connect and Disconnect your Printing Device in Reverse Manner This solution is just inverse of step 2, and it is applicable when method 1 fails to fix the issue. Just try the step by step procedure given below:
- First of all switch off your printer completely
- Then remove all cables and USB
- After then wait for some minutes, press and hold the power button and keep it doing for at least five minutes.
- Then again connect power cable during your pressing power option and keep it holding for 60 seconds once the cable is inserted.
- After the plug-in of power cable, release the power button and check whether the error code is removed.
Now, the time is to move towards the third solution if you see the error code still persists.
Ensure Nozzles in EPSON Printer are Clean Sometimes waste material stuck around the head sprayer becomes the major reason behind Error Code 0X97. So, better is to check and clean the head of nozzles carefully. Just follow complete procedure below:
- Firstly switch off the printer, disconnect it from power & operating system
- Next, open covering of printer
- After that take soft cloth, wet it with ammonia-based cleaner
- Fold it, and insert the cloth under the printer head for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Then remove the towel and close printer. Finally, check the new document whether it prints clear.
Implement Troubleshooter, and check whether Updated driver is installed This step is selected when above mentioned three steps fail. Just follow the steps given below:
- Download troubleshooter of windows printer from internet
- Run .exe file, and try to identify the errors
- Now install drivers that are removed, and select device manager option
- Choose printers option from the pop-up screen, find printer with the issue
- Check printer with issue, click right to select update driver option.
- After that verify whether error vanishes.
Did error code 0x97 pop on your screen and you want to know what does error code 0x97 mean and how to fix error code ox97, well this may be due to some internal hardware failure and you might need to unclog an printhead, use reset button on printer and reset link cartridges, this should fix printer error. If the above solutions don’t help, then reach out to the Epson customer service. Sometimes you may think that what is the way to reset my WF 3640 printer or what are the different ways to fix my printer connection? In these situations, you can get the information about how to reset my Epson WF 3640 or other tech problems like what are the ways to manually clean my print heads by contacting the customer service.
- What are the means to fix printer error of Epson?
- What is the requirement to unclog a printhead of Epson?
- What’s the need to reset my WF 3640 printer of Epson?
- How to manually clean my printer heads of Epson printer?
- How to use reset button on an printer of Epson?
- What’s the need to reset link cartridges of Epson?
- What is the requirement to fix error code 0x97 of Epson?
- How should I reset my Epson WF 3640 printer?
- What does error code 0x97 mean in Epson?
- How to fix my printer connection of Epson?