QuickBooks is an accounting application that is used to keep track of day to day business transactions. This includes managing sales and tracking expenses. Using this program, a business’ accounts team can generate specific reports with ease, which can aid in proper planning and tax filing. QuickBooks includes multiple solutions which can be useful for every type of business, irrespective of their size and volume. This is a flagship product from Intuit, which has been in the industry for the last two decades.
While being extremely easy to use and having a very intuitive design, QuickBooks is a perfect offering for freelance workers or self-employed individuals. One can easily track their business’ incomes and expenses, connect accounts, and calculate and schedule tax deductions. It also has prebuilt reports that can aid in financial reporting.
However such an impressive feature suite doesn’t mean that QuickBooks is impenetrable. Some of the nastiest errors can find their way into the defences of the desktop accounting application and halt its normal working. Take the example of QuickBooks Abort Error. Why this error occurs and How to solve, since it often give QuickBooks users sleepless nights.
Let us try to find out all that is to know about this abort error in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Abort error?
QuickBooks aborts when it is unable to proceed any further and crashes while the save process is going on or any changes are made to its company files. It is basically the software asking the user to abort the ongoing transaction and resume by restarting the software. Such an occurrence damages the QBWUSER.ini file and results in regular crashes as QuickBooks keeps aborting.
What causes the Abort Error in QuickBooks?
There are multiple reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks abort error:
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files, hardware issues or a damaged Windows.
- Firewall and Antivirus installed in your system clashing with the QuickBooks processes and making QuickBooks abort its current task.
- Configurations of different versions of QuickBooks clashing within a multi-user setup.
- Multiple computers hosting the QuickBooks company file.
- Sleep or hibernation mode is turned on while the computer is saving the company files.
- A disruption between the flow of data between devices storing the files. (This happens only when the files are saved and stored on different devices whereas your computer is on the network)
Now let us see how to resolve the abort error in QuickBooks with some common fixes.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks abort error
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Download and install QuickBooks diagnostic tool. This tool mainly analyses and highlights faulty Windows components and fixes problems within them. Once it is downloaded, install and run the tool. Finally, restart your computer and then launch the desktop version of QuickBooks application. This would fix the problem for most of the users. However, if not, then follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable your Antivirus Application as well as your Windows Firewall
Antivirus software and Windows Firewall are designed to block security threats for your system and thus, inadvertently, they sometimes block certain programs from running on your system. This can cause QuickBooks to keep aborting. Therefore, you need to disable your Windows Local Firewall and installed Antivirus so that they can allow updates and other information shared by Intuit for QuickBooks to download automatically. After making this change, the local machine must be restarted in order to allow the changes to take place. If you are unable to do so, contact your antivirus software provider for more details. They may provide you with possible steps to allow QuickBooks to run on your system.
Solution 3: Rename QBWUSER.ini file on your System
This method is used if the user is unable to open a company file stored on the network location.
- Locate the folder where QBWUSER.ini file is stored. It should be stored at path \Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- If you can’t find it, it means that the file or the folder is hidden. Enable the hidden files and you’ll be able to see the file now.
- To rename the file, right click on the file or folder and select Rename.
- Change the name of the file by adding something like .old at the end of the file name. It should look something like “QBWUSER.ini.old”.
- Furthermore, change the name of .ecml file known as Entitlement Data Store to “Entitlement Data Store.ecml”.
- After changing the names of the above-mentioned files, open a sample company file. If you can’t open this sample file, copy and paste it to another local folder.
This should solve the problem.
Solution 4: Restore QuickBooks from Backup
If all the above-mentioned steps fail, try to restore QuickBooks from your system’s Backup. While doing so, create an Admin user for your Windows. In most of the cases, this will resolve the root cause of ‘QuickBooks aborts’ error and it won’t reoccur. But if you’re still facing the error, try to fix the issue as soon as possible using the below mentioned automated QuickBooks recovery tool.
Solution 5: Use Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software
If none of the above mentioned techniques work and QuickBooks keeps aborting, avoid any ore hit and trial methods and quickly download Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software. Equipped with the most technically advanced scanning and repair techniques, this professional product is sure to rid your application of all error causing issues and make it run as smooth as new. Read more about the product from here.
Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
While working with QuickBooks the user may encounter some issues. These issues may hinder the work making it difficult to complete the task. This blog should be able to assist you if your QuickBooks keeps aborting.
About QuickBooks Abort Error
Quickbooks Abort Error creates difficulty in accessing the company files. An error message gets shown stating “The connection to the company files has been lost“. Any changes made to be data needs to be re-entered. Quickbooks gets closed immediately. It also suggests that there is some damaged file in QuickBooks. Now lets the causes and the effects of the abort error.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Keeps Aborting
Here are the causes of QuickBooks abort error to occur.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files from QuickBooks.
- The hard drive may be corrupted.
- Multiple computer systems would be set up on one network to host QuickBooks.
- Using QuickBooks different versions on a multiple user mode
- Any pending QuickBooks update
- If the antivirus software of the computer clashes with QuickBooks
- Quickbooks may be corrupted
- The folder where the file is saved may need some additional permission
Effects of QuickBooks Abort Error
When the Abort Error QuickBooks occurs, it hinders the working with QuickBooks.
- While working with QuickBooks, it shuts down automatically. QuickBooks unrecoverable error occurs along with the message
- The computer system crashes randomly.
- It is also possible that QuickBooks may crash with no message in the display.
- If the computer system has windows 8 then QuickBooks gets terminated frequently when this error appears.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
There are a few solutions if your QuickBooks keeps aborting. Perform these steps to get the best results. Get help from the professionals for better guidance. To fix the issue restart the database server manager, move the file to the different folder, set the power-saving mode to never.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Install Quickbooks File Doctor
- Double-click the icon to launch the Tool
- Now view the results-
- If it shows “no error detected” then the files are ok
- If it shows “error detected” then
- Repair the file
- Restore the backup
- Recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSE.INI File
Renaming will remove the last list of files opened.
- Enable the hidden folders where the QBWUSE.INI file is saved
- Navigate to Location:\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\
- Now right click QBWUSE.INI
- Click on rename and add .oLd at the end of the file name
- Rename the .ecml file
- Now try opening the file
If the file does not open, then copy the file to another folder. Now try opening the file from there. It should be a local folder rather than a network location.
Solution 3: Check the hosting status of QuickBooks
- Go to Files
- Click on Utilities
- Now click on stop hosting to multi-user access
- Open the company file on the multi-user mode
- See for the checkmark in the box labeled – “open file in multi-user mode” is there.
Sometimes the firewall of the system may block the network access which in turn would block too many QuickBooks files and programs. So it is necessary to configure windows firewall to work well with QuickBooks.
Fix QuickBooks Abort Error or Connection has been lost error
QuickBooks is accounting software that has completely transformed the way the entrepreneurs perform accounting and bookkeeping activities. No doubt, it is an ideal tool for small, as well as medium sized businesses. No matter from which background you are, you can easily operate this software due to its easy to use interface. As everything carries its good and bad, so is with this accounting software. Though, QuickBooks desktop is a feature packed accounting software, but at the same time it also encounters certain glitches and bugs. One such error is QuickBooks Abort error that causes damage to the QBWUSER.INI file. If you want to know the ways to fix this error, then stay tuned with this article.
In today’s article, we will be talking about QuickBooks abort error, and the quick fixes to the same. Another option for the same can be to get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and our team will provide you with the best possible services in no time.
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
When the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged, the user might encounter Abort error. As this damage might lead to an unexpected system crash that might disrupt the workflow. This error could end up in closing down QuickBooks and several other operations do not perform smoothly. It might also hinder the access to the company file. Any kind of changed made to the data by the user can be lost in case of QuickBooks abort error and might require being re-entered.
What causes QuickBooks to Abort error?
The reasons behind QuickBooks Abort error can be plenty. A few of the causes are as follows:
- Missing QBWUSER.INI files from QuickBooks
- Corrupted QuickBooks software
- Any kind of pending QuickBooks update
- Corrupted hard drive may also lead to any such error
- If the user is making use of QuickBooks different versions on a multiple-user mode
- There is some kind of damage to the Windows operating system
- And many more ………………..
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Abort error
- The very first symptom of QuickBooks abort error is when QuickBooks software shuts down or closes frequently
- Or when the system crashes randomly
- Another situation can be when the program gets aborted and there is a Fatal App Exit
- The next sign of Abort error can be frequent system shutdowns without any error messages
- Or if the QuickBooks accounting software gets terminated from Windows 8
Procedures to fix QuickBooks Abort error
Now that we have explored the causes and symptoms of abort error, it is now time for us to explore about the quick fixes to the same. So let us check out the simple ways to get rid of QuickBooks abort error.
Procedure 1: Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file
In order to get rid of QuickBooks abort error, renaming the QBWUSER.INI file can work. However, the point to be remembered here is that renaming the file might delete the last list of file opened, which means that the user might be required to redo the same thing manually.
- The very first step in this process is to check the folder, where the QBWUSER.INI file is saved.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to navigate to the location :\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\
- Moving to the next step, the user is required to click on the QBWUSER.INI
- Once done with that, click on the rename and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- And then, rename the .ecml file.
- The last step is to try opening the file.
Procedure 2: Stop the Antivirus or other security programs for a while
Numerous viruses are known to block the security threats. These security programs at times hinder the software access, for which the user might require to turn off the firewalls manually. However, we would recommend you to consult some IT professional for turning off the firewalls as any kind of discrepancy make leads to further mess.
Procedure 3: Download and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Another procedure to fix the issue can be to download and install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool, as it can analyze and highlight faulty windows components. This would fix the problem on its own.
Note: You can also download and use QBinstall diagnostic tool from QuickBooks tool hub.
The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The basic step is to install diagnostic tool.
- After that, the user is required to double-click to launch the tool.
- Once done with that, the user can view the results:
- If the result shows no error detected, then it means that the files are OK.
- Another case can be when the result shows error detected then in that case the user is required to repair the file and restore the backup.
Related article:Fix QuickBooks Online login error on chrome
Procedure 4: Test the hosting status of QuickBooks
The last method to get rid of QuickBooks abort error is to check the hosting status of QuickBooks. The steps involved in this method are as follows:
- First of all, visit the files.
- Then, tap on Utilities option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on the stop hosting to multi-user access option.
- And then, open the company file on the multi-user mode.
- The last and final step in the process is to look for the check mark in the box labeled – Open file in multi-user mode” is there.
Procedure 5: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- First of all you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- After that save the file on your computer.
- Now open the file you downloaded. Note: It’s called QBFD.exe.
- After that you need to follow the onscreen commands to install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Once the installation process completes, the tool will run automatically. You can also run the file doctor tool by double-clicking on it.
Procedure 6: Configure Firewall Manually
- First of all, open the Windows Start menu.
- And then, type in Windows Firewall, followed by opening Windows firewall.
- Choose Advanced Settings.
- The next step is to right click Inbound Rules, and then select the New Rule option.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to select the Port and then hit Next.
- Now, the user needs to ensure that TCP is selected.
- And then, in the specific Local Ports field, the user needs to enter the specific ports required for QuickBooks year version.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select Next.
- After that, the user needs to select the Allow the connection and then hit next.
- Once done with that, the user needs to ensure that all the profiles are marked and then once again click on next.
- The next step in the process is to create a rule and also name it.
- And to end the process, make sure to hit Finish option.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks restore failed error?
Procedure 7: Running verify and rebuild data utility
- The user needs to open the QuickBooks desktop and then select the file menu. After that click on the the utilities tab and also, click on the verify data option
- Moving ahead, if no error message appears after verifying the data, then the user needs not run the rebuild tool
- After that, in case the error message stating “Your data has lost integrity“, appears on the screen, then the user will be needed to repair the damaged data file
- Now, select the utilities tab under the file menu and also click on the rebuild data option
- The next step is to click on OK tab on the backup company file popup window
- Also, select the location on the system to save the backup of the company file and then hit OK tab
- Moving ahead, the user needs to check if the data rebuild process has began
- The last step is to restore the backup option from the file menu
Fixation steps through Info-graphic
You can also follow the below given steps that are given through Info-graphic image.
These were some of the most effective methods to fix the QuickBooks Abort error. We hope that following any of the above methods might help the users in getting rid of the error with much ease. However, if by any chance the user is unable to tackle the bug even after following the steps discussed above, then we would recommend consulting some certified professionals. You can also dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team.
We own a pool of experts and certified professionals who are well versed in dealing with all possible QuickBooks associated errors. So, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our experts and discuss your accounting related problem.
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Here is the complete guide to identify and fix the QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting tool that gives its user the edge to complete all the financial settlements without any error. The software is user-friendly and offers a handful of benefits, especially to small and medium-sized businesses. Some of the benefits of QB Desktop include the utilization of advanced reporting features, creation of bills and sales invoices, and easy management of taxes. But, despite all these, there are some errors and bugs that may hamper the productivity of the user. One of these errors is the QuickBooks Abort Error. This article will discuss about Abort Error of QuickBooks desktop in detail, including its symptoms and solutions.
Thus, read this article carefully till the end. However, if you are short of time, then an alternative for you can be to consult a QuickBooks error technical support team of professionals, who can help you with resolving this error within least possible time. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and we will be there to rectify the error for permanently.
You might also like: Troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks error 80070057
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
Just like other common QB Errors, QuickBooks desktop abort error can also impact the productivity of the organizations using it. The error is primarily caused because of a file that is damaged such as QBWUSER.INI. It can lead to system crashes etc. Another big issue that this error presents its users with is that it can corrupt files as it makes the system crash while the files are being saved. Several other operations are delayed and users have to face the lag in other to complete simple tasks.
When this error occur you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“The connection to the company files has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered”
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Abort Error?
Being an error that is common among the users and is expected to appear quite regularly, QuickBooks Abort Error has a handful of reasons for occurring. So, here is the list of one of the most common reasons behind this error:
- Users on a multi-user mode network are using different versions of QuickBooks Desktop
- Several computers on the same network are configured to host the QuickBooks Company file.
- The folder where the company file is saved needs additional permission.
- Windows power management settings are activated in hibernation mode or sleep mode, hence causing the system to sleep at unexpected timings and, thus, the crashing of the software.
- As mentioned earlier, the primary cause of this error is nothing but QBWUSER.INI being missing or damaged.
- Your firewall is blocking access the network.
- It can happen in case the company file is present on a portable drive another computer or on an entirely different network and the connection is being interrupted due to the storage or bandwidth of the device.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Abort Error
It is essential for a user to be able to determine the error when its symptoms appear on the device. So, here are some of the symptoms that you might encounter when your device is dealing with the issue of QuickBooks Abort Error:
- This error causes the random crashing of the system
- The user might experience frequent shutdowns and that too without any error message
- In windows 8, specifically, the QuickBooks Desktop gets terminated out of nowhere
- The software freezes regularly and it shuts down the whole program automatically.
- You may see QuickBooks unrecoverable error message with an error description.
- The program will be aborted and there is also a chance of Fatal App Exit.
Related article: Fix QBWin.log errors in QuickBooks desktop
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Abort Error
As we have now discussed the causes as well as the symptoms of this QuickBooks Abort error, let us discuss some of the methods with which we can fix the error:
Method #1: Disable the Antivirus program and Windows defender
For Antivirus program
- Users require access to the antivirus software, once logged in, visit the settings of the program
- Here, search for the option to disable the program and click on it.
- Save the changes and restart the device.
For Windows Defender
- Click on the typing space beside the windows icon, and type Window Defender
- Click on the very first option that appears on the list,
- Search for the option with which you can disable the Windows Defender.
- Once done, Save the changes and restart the device.
Method #2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, from QuickBooks Tool Hub
To resolve QuickBooks abort error you need to use QuickBooks Tool Hub which can help you to resolve common QuickBooks errors.
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save the file to your system.
- After that open the file you downloaded named with QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Noe just follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation completes, open the tool hub by hitting double-click on the tool hub icon.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, from tools hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- In the tool hub, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- After that choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from here and run it. (Note: This toll may take up to 20 minutes or lesser that it.)
- Once the QBinstall diagnostic tool successfully scanned and fixed the problem, reboot your computer.
- Now, launch the desktop version of QuickBooks to complete the process.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 12002?
Method #3: Renaming the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file
- Start with locating the folder where the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file is saved
- In case the file is not located even after searching the storage, check whether the hidden files and folder option is disabled or not, if it is not disabled then disable the option and apply the setting.
- Now, once the file is located, right-click on the file and select the Rename option
- Click on the text box after the filename and add ‘.odd’
- Once done, the user will have to rename both the entitlement data store and ‘.ecml’ file‘
- After all the files are renamed, open any company file to complete the process.
Method #4: Checking the hosting status of QuickBooks software
- In this method, the user needs to visit the files menu
- And then, click on the Utilities option.
- After that, the user needs to click on the stop hosting to multi-user access.
- Followed by opening the company file on the multi-user mode.
- Lastly, the user needs to look for the check-mark in box stating “Open file in multi-user mode” and you are good to go.
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code H505?
Method #5: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In order to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, the user will have to download it first.
- And then, save the file on the system.
- The next step is to open the file downloaded earlier. It should be noted that the file can be found as QBFD.exe.
- Once done with that, the user needs to carry out the on-screen prompts and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The tool will run automatically or launch it by double clicking it.
Method #6: Run verify and rebuild data utility
Following are the steps to run verify and rebuild data utility:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks desktop and select the file menu. After that click on the utilities option, along with that click on verify data.
- In case no error message gets displayed after verifying the data, then no need to run the rebuild tool.
- However, if the error message stating “Your data has lost integrity” appears on the screen, then the user will be required to repair the damaged data file.
- The next step is to select the utilities option under the file menu and then click on the rebuild data option
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on OK tab on the backup company file popup window.
- And then, select a location on the system to save the backup of the company file and then hit OK button.
- After the backup file is successful saved on the desktop, the data rebuild process will begin.
- The last step is to restore the backup of the company file, by selecting backup option from the file menu.
Read this also: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
Method #7: Configuring Windows firewall manually
The user can try configuring the firewall settings manually, if none of the above methods worked. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user needs to first open the windows start menu
- And then, type in windows firewall and opening the same
- After that, select the advanced settings
- Followed by right clicking the inbound rules and then choosing the New rule option
- The next step is to select the port and then hit next
- Now, ensure that TCP is selected
- And also, in the specific local ports field, the user needs to enter the specific ports needed for QuickBooks.
- After that, select next
- And also, choose the allow the connection and hit next
- After that, ensure that all the profiles are marked and then hit next
- Now, create a rule and also name it
- To end the process, hit finish tab
Method#8: Resolve using the task manager
The user can make use of the task manager to fix the issue. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks and end QuickBooks programs in the task manager
- After that, the user needs to highlight all applications that begin with QB, QuickBooks, and Intuit
- And then, click on Stop task
- The last step is to run repair QuickBooks
We hope that this article helped you to tackle QuickBooks Abort Error on your device. In case you are experiencing the same error message even after going through all the above-mentioned methods, you should immediately contact our QuickBooks Support team for quick and precise solutions.
You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and our executives will be there to assist you in a single call.
Easy Troubleshooting Guide to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks is the most prevalent bookkeeping application; because of the high degree of reliability, it provides. Despite being the most trusted name in accounting software, in certain instances, QuickBooks catches errors. One such error that we are going to clarify in this article is QuickBooks Abort Error that request users to abort QuickBooks. The error unexpectedly appears during any operation in QuickBooks Desktop software and displays an error message “Connection Has Been Lost”. Unlike other errors that interfere QuickBooks operations, abort error emerges because of several different reasons. Following the article, you will learn about the causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting steps to tackle QuickBooks abort error.
Worried about your QuickBooks Data because of Abort Error! Call Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 and Get Immediate Help Troubleshooting the Error
QuickBooks Abort Error Description
QuickBooks requires a properly configured network to set up the multi-user environment where multiple computers can connect with the server in the network and access the same company file stored on the server. If for any reason QuickBooks experience a network issue during operation it throws the abort error with “Connection Has Been Lost” error message that displays “Problem: The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.” The error also suggests a solution to reconfigure the network and check if the server hosting the company file is appropriately connected to the network.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Abort Error
Following are the symptoms that you might observe before getting QuickBooks abort error:
- Internet connection fluctuations.
- Sluggish performance of the computer and over-heating issues.
- Unresponsive Windows applications, including QuickBooks.
- Issues connecting with other computers in the network.
Important: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve common company file and network errors and Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version to eliminate the errors caused by incomplete or corrupt QuickBooks installation.
What Cause QuickBooks Connection has been Lost Abort Error?
Following are the reasons that trigger connection has been lost or abort error in QuickBooks:
- Vacillating internet connection cause QuickBooks to disconnect from the company file causing the abort error.
- Missing or corrupt QBWUSER.INI files also cause errors in QuickBooks hosting the company file.
- Common hardware faults like a corrupt hard-drive make the company file inaccessible to the workstation in the network.
- Damage in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop and Windows operating system is one of the common reasons that trigger QuickBooks abort error.
- Windows or third-party firewall applications if not appropriately configured block QuickBooks connection to the company file.
- Windows power saving mode causes Windows to sleep that cause connection has been lost error message to appear in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks requires full access control of the company file folder and in case if you have logged in from a guest account that does not have the administrative rights, then this can cause the abort error to appear in QuickBooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
Troubleshooting Step 1: Run Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
As the error might arise because of corrupt QuickBooks data, we can resolve the error by running QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Tool that scans the company files and rebuilds the data damage in QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Restart the Server and the Workstation
- First make sure no other user is connected in the network and then restart the server machine.
- Now restart the workstation and try to use QuickBooks again.
- If you are still getting the connection has been lost or abort error, then proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Turn-off the Power Saver on the Server
- Click the Start button on the server machine and then click Control Panel.
- Search Power Options from the search bar at the top and select the same.
- Now under the settings, disable Hibernation, Standby and Sleep Mode.
- For more detailed information, follow the article How to Disable Power Saving Mode in Windows.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Verify Hosting Options on the Server and Workstation
- Open QuickBooks on the Server computer and from under the File tab click Utilities.
- Make sure the hosting is turned on and in case if you see Host Multi-User Access option then select it and turn on the hosting.
- Now open the QuickBooks application on the Workstation.
- Click Utilities under the File tab.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is displayed then select it and disable hosting multi-user access.
- Once the Host Multi-User Access option appears try to open the company file.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Locate QuickBooks Desktop Company File
Sometimes when for some reasons QuickBooks can’t find the company file it triggers the connection has been lost or abort error. Follow the article and learn how to Locate Lost QuickBooks Company File.
Troubleshooting Step 6: Set Permissions to Access the QuickBooks Installation Folder
- For detailed instructions on how to give required folder access permission to QuickBooks follow troubleshooting Step 5 Set Proper User Folder Access Permission from our article on error 1904.
Troubleshooting Step 6: Rename QuickBooks Network Data (.ND) Files
- Open QuickBooks installation directory and locate .ND file with the company file name.
- Right-click the file and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and save it.
Troubleshooting Step 7: Set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- For complete information on how to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager follow our article on QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics.
After the entire troubleshooting if the error is not resolved and you are still getting error message connection has been lost then as the final troubleshooting step you will need to Configure Windows Firewall to allow QuickBooks to connect with the host computer. We understand that it might be an annoying situation for you to apply all the troubleshooting steps as it requires a lot of time and efforts. You can call Desktop Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 if you need an expert to resolve the error for you.