QuickBooks crashing is a worrisome problem for small businesses and accounting professionals. Many QuickBooks users face this issue when they email the invoices. While emailing an invoice to a customer or a client, they hit ok to email it and get the QuickBooks Com Error. After hitting ok again, the crash error again flashes on the screen.
About QuickBooks Com Error
Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop is the commonly occurring error. The error happens when you open or attempt to email Invoices or with other transactions. Certainly, it doesn’t feel good to lose the unsaved information in other QuickBooks open windows that are worked on simultaneously. Nothing is possible except to click on the OK option on the hovering Crash Com Error message and momentarily say goodbye to QuickBooks. Losing the unsaved information is a heavy-going feeling if you are not sure about what causes QuickBooks com Crash Error? Without knowing, how to fix QuickBooks com Crash Error doesn’t make you comfortable to incur QuickBooks Com Error amidst work. This article defines steps to fix Com Error. The troubleshooting steps are explained to ensure easy implementation.
Synonymously, this error also appears with error messages such as QuickBooks com error crash, QuickBooks crash com error or com error QuickBooks. The shuffled terms refer and define the same QB Crash Error while sending emails from QuickBooks. The basic cause of QuickBooks Crash Error is when sync fails with Windows Operating System or the other components. You will get to know the other reasons for QuickBooks crashes as well in the climax sections of this article. QuickBooks crashing is a very common occurrence and can happen due to a variety of reasons. If your QuickBooks is crashing, again and again, it can lead to company file data damage. Therefore, an expert and immediate fix of QB Crash Error is important to prevent company file damages. Be watchful, the Repeated QuickBooks Crash: Com Error can make your company file unrepairable.
Common Causes of Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or Damaged Windows Components and MS-Office components.
- QuickBooks fails to communicate with Email Service or Client
- Missing or Damaged QuickBooks Components.
- A trojan or a virus hampering the sync.
- Malicious software’s deleted the necessary QuickBooks components or files.
- Firewall blocking the QuickBooks communication process
Are the major causes of QuickBooks Crash Com Error and the resolution steps are also mentioned in the article?
Before deploying the QuickBooks Com Error troubleshooting steps you must know when QB crash com error occurs. The resolution steps are the same for Crash com error occurrence, no matter what you were doing when QB crash com error occurred.
Stages where normally QuickBooks crash com error occurs
Before deploying the QB crash com error troubleshooting steps, you must know when this error occurs. The resolution steps are the same for this error, no matter what you were doing when the error occurred.
- QuickBooks com error while emailing invoices.
- While opening invoices QB crash com error occurs.
- QB com crash errors occur while doing an attachment.
- While saving QB crash com error occurs.
- Crash: com error while opening the check register.
- Crash: com error while opening a report in QB.
How to Fix Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks com error can be resolved in multiple ways, you may have to follow one or more of the solutions given below. Create a backup of your QB data before you proceed with the following solutions –
Method 1: Doing System Systems Tweaks
- Update Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- Set Outlook as your default mail App.
- Disable your virus protection momentarily.
- Add QuickBooks Firewall Exceptions.
- Restart your computer and check if QB crash com error is resolved, if not try Method 2.
Method 2: QuickBooks Desktop and Company File Fine-tuning
- Open and Update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Try QuickBooks Manual Updates if you see QuickBooks Update Errors.
- Open and Verify the QuickBooks Company file to check the data integrity of the company file.
- Open the item on which QB crash com error occurred and try to email it.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if the same error occurs.
Method 3: Rounding QuickBooks Form Preferences
- Open QuickBooks and Company File.
- Click on Edit >>> Preferences >>> Send Forms >>> My Preferences.
- You can see Outlook as an option and then select the ‘Email‘ option and resend it.
- Toggle the Outlook mail Settings: Open Control Panel > Mail and select Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Show Profile from the Mail Setup window. If the Outlook not set as default mail application else choose Prompt for a profile to be used, then Select
- Now toggle the selection Always use this profile and then Apply and OK and it should work now. Else try the next Step.
Method 4: Windows and Microsoft Office Reparation
- Repair your Microsoft Office and this will replace the unresponsive components.
- Update Your QuickBooks and restart the Computer.
- Update your Windows again.
- Remove unidentified and malicious software’s installed on the computer
Method 5: Configure QuickBooks Firewall and Security Exceptions
- Add QuickBooks Firewall Exceptions to QuickBooks Communication funnel right.
- Configure QuickBooks process and port Exceptions in your system security software (As per User manual)
- Restart the computer and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if Crash Com Error persists, else move on to the final method.
Method 6: Bridging your Email Service / Client with QuickBooks Desktop
- Get in touch with your email Service/client service provider to obtain the email configurations.
- Allot the third-party app access in your email service/client control panel.
- If you have a non-legacy email client, get in touch with the respective developers to obtain port information and other specifics regarding QuickBooks.
- Add or configure the settings as recommended by the service provider and that’s all.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if Crash Com Error
You shouldn’t have this error anymore if the problem persists, it is recommended to get in touch with our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor who can offer a blended diagnosis of QuickBooks Desktop Crash Com Error in and resolution. Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications, you can try it yourself if you are comfortable performing these tasks or go as per the recommendation.
Perform these solutions in the same order and check that QuickBooks com error is fixed or not. However, if you are still experiencing the same error flashing on the screen then you can take help at QuickBooks Desktop Support Number +1-888-300-3913 for tech assistance.
Pro Tips to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Crash Com Error
QuickBooks crash com error takes place when you try to email invoices to the customer. When you are all set to send the mail and click OK, QuickBooks com error arises. This is a commonly reported error in the QuickBooks Desktop from users working on various versions of the software: Pro, Premier, & Enterprise. Several reasons can prompt crash com error in QuickBooks Desktop while emailing invoices, reports, or paystubs. To find the possible causes and troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks crash error, read this post until the end.
Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number (855)-526-5749 to get swift and hassle-free assistance for QuickBooks Desktop crash error
Reasons Promoting QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10:
There are multi-pronged reasons that can promote QuickBooks crash com error while emailing transactions in the program. Check the below-listed points-
- Improper or partial installation of the QuickBooks Desktop is one of the main reasons behind QuickBooks com error
- Damaged or missing components of Windows or MS Office
- Possible infection caused due to malicious virus or malware
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the Email Client
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks related filed while working with the program can also evoke QuickBooks 2017 crash com error
- Firewall hindering QuickBooks communication process
How to Fix Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Below are the steps that can help you in the error resolution for QuickBooks crash com error. Follow the steps in their given sequence to ensure the efficacy of the troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 1: Repair Windows & Microsoft Office
Unresponsive or damaged Windows components may give rise to QuickBooks error crash when sending an email. Therefore, you need to repair Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Repair MS Office and it will remove the unresponsive components required for QuickBooks communication
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version and restart your system
- Update Windows to the latest released version.
- Locate and remove software installed on your system that may hinder QuickBooks from communicating with the email client
If QuickBooks crashes on sending forms after following this solution, then move to the next.
Solution 2: Modify Your Firewall & Internet Security Settings
Make sure that your Firewall of Internet security is not blocking the Internet access for QuickBooks needed to communicate with the email service.
- Configure ports and exceptions to your QuickBooks Firewall
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor to open QuickBooks Firewall Ports locally or over the network. You may also utilize the tool to configure your Windows Firewall.
- Restart the system and send an email again to check if the error if fixed. Move to the next troubleshooting procedure, if the same error continues.
Solution 3: Run Full Virus Scan on Your System
Running a malware scan on your system can help you to detect the infections within the system, causing QuickBooks crash com error. If QuickBooks send forms freezes or crashes after running the full scan for virus infections, jump to the next solution.
Solution 4: Set up Outlook as the Default Emailing App
Set Outlook as your default mailing application and send your transactions from the new email application.
- From the Control Panel, select mail
- Now select Microsoft Outlook
- Next, select Show Profile from within Mail Setup window
- Mark radio button against Always use this profile
- Choose Prompt for a Profile and hit Apply to proceed further
- Toggle the selection back to Always use this Profile, click Apply then OK to finish the task
QuickBooks Keeps Closing Due To Crash Com Error!
If QuickBooks crashes error continues to appear while you attempt to email invoices, it is wise to go for professional help instead of killing your crucial bookkeeping time. Just dial our QuickBooks error support number +1-888-300-3913 to troubleshoot the error. The experts will find and fix the issue causing QuickBooks crash error in a speedy manner.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Crash com error while Mailing Invoices?
Learn how to fix Crash: Com error in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks Software is one of the most efficient and effective accounting software in the market. The majority of the US and other countries handle own sized business using this software. But as QuickBooks involve various codes and algorithms, it is a bit prone to various errors. Crash com error is one of those errors that make a lot of nuisance for the users. Notably in QuickBooks, significant financial information including account statements and bills are present, since it is an accounting application.
The crash com error hurts to a system and software, if you want to get rid of this error, then reading this article till the end might help the users at large. In this article, we have tried to mention all possible solutions to get rid of this error. These measures have proven to be of fantastic help to rectify QuickBooks crash com error.
However, there can be cases, when none of the solutions work in fixing these issues, and at that time the need for consulting a professional arise. Thus, you can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490 and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks enterprise support team and let them fix the issue for you.
You might also like: Resolve Pdf and Printing Errors with QuickBooks
Brief into QuickBook crash com error
Crash com error is one of the commonly encountered error, which occurs when the user tries to opening, working, sending forms, email invoices or with other transactions. Losing the unsaved information in other QuickBooks open windows can be pretty much annoying, but this can happen with QuickBooks crash com error. When this error occurs, the user has no option other than clicking on the OK tab on the hover crash com error message. This error appears on the screen with an error message saying “QuickBooks crash com error”.
The basic cause of this error can be when the sync fails with windows operating system or the other components. There can be other reasons as well that can end up in crash com error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Relevant Causes behind Crash Com Error
Though there can be a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of Crash Com Error, a few of which are given under:-
- The very first reason can be improper or incomplete setup and installation of QuickBooks program.
- Any kind of malware corrupt to the Windows frame / QB related app files might end up in crash com error.
- Also, if any other application erases QB related files mistakenly, then in that case these types of issues can be encountered.
- In case the synchronization fails with windows or other components
- Or in case of damaged or lost windows components and MS office components
Stages when this error shows up
There can be certain situations where this error could be seen, a few of which are:
- QuickBooks com error while emailing invoices
- While opening invoices
- While attaching a document or sending forms
- When working on QuickBooks desktop
- At the time of saving a document
- At the time opening the check register
- Or when the user opens a report in QuickBooks
Read Also: What is QuickBooks web connector?
Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks crash com error while mailing invoices
It becomes much easier with the availability of various solutions. We have jotted down some of the most relevant and effective solutions, with which the users will be able to resolve the QuickBooks crash com error. Follow these steps.
Solution 1: Ensure that the Outlook is updated to latest release
The very first solution to the crash com error is to ensure that the Outlook is update to the latest release. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, Open/access the Outlook, select the “File” tab => “Office Account” tab => “Update” Options => “Update Now” icon.
- The user needs to verify whether the error continues or is resolved.
Solution 2: Set up the Outlook as default mail application
Setting up the outlook as default mail application can also work in certain cases. The steps involved in this process are enumerated below:
- Initially, the user is supposed to visit the “Control Panel” tab => “Default Programs” tab => Set your default programs respectively.
- Now, in the Programs list, click on the MS Outlook and after that opt for ‘Set this program as default’ icon.
- The final step is to select “OK” icon.
Solution 3: Adding an email account
- To begin with, the user needs to click on “File” menu in the MS Outlook.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for the “Add Account” icon to start with the installation process.
- The next step is to type-in the email address to be included, along with that tap on the “Connect” icon.
- Now, the user needs to wait for Outlook to automatically discover the ideal host setting, and then click on “Connect” icon.
- After that, the user needs to Type-in the password used for email, and then choose the “OK” icon.
- The last step of this process is to opt for “OK” icon to complete the installation process.
See Also: How to solve QuickBooks error code 6150?
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and company files.
- After that run your QuickBooks by clicking on Run as administrator.
- While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that go to the Options tab and choose Mark All option and then click on Save.
- Now navigate to the Update Now tab and choose Reset Update checkbox.
- Finally choose Get Updates to download and install latest QB updates.
Solution 5: Toggle email settings
- The very first step is, move to the “Mail Setup” window, and then choose the “Show Profile” tab.
Notice: It should be noted that the steps 3 and 2 could be omitted in case the Outlook is set as default email program.
- In case this particular profile is chosen consistently, then in that situation, the user needs to select prompt for a profile for use, then choose the “Apply” option.
- Now, toggle the choice back to constantly use this particular profile, and then choose the “Apply” icon.
- The last step is to hit “OK” icon.
Solution 6: Draft a new Outlook email Profile
- The very first step is to close the Microsoft Outlook mail.
- And then, navigate to the “Control Panel” tab => “Mail” icon.
- From the “Mail Setup” window, the user needs to select “Show Plugins”, and then choose “Insert option”.
- The next step is to type the title for the profile under Profile Name, and then choose the “OK” button.
- The user now needs to add an email account to use in the profile by following the instructions on the screen.
- And lastly, select the drop-down under Always utilize this profile, select the newly created profile, and then choose the “Apply” tab, and then “OK” icon.
Solution 7: Repair Office and run Windows update
- Refer to those Microsoft articles for detailed steps
- Repair Office
- Windows Update: FAQ
Important: Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications and isn’t liable for running those tools. If you’re uncomfortable doing these jobs, we recommend you to consult an IT professional.
- Windows and MS Office errors
- Reduction of MS Office License # and unable to reinstall
Solution 8: Running QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- To begin with the process, the user needs to right-click ‘QuickBooks’ icon on the desktop then select the “Properties” tab.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, click on the “Run” icon.
- And then, from the drop-down, choose the ‘Windows 7’.
- The user is then needed to set a test on “Run” icon, as an administrator.
- The last and final step in the process is to select the “Apply” icon, and then click on the “OK” icon.
Solution 9: Add Windows Admin User
In case none of the above methods worked, then it is highly recommended to add windows admin user, as this might fix the issue up to great extent. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- Create the Windows user with Administrator rights.
- Log on to Windows with the entire new user.
See it also: What is QuickBooks abort error?
Solution 10: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine tuning
In case the above methods didn’t work for you, then in that case the user can fine tune the QuickBooks desktop and company file. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The first step is to open and update QuickBooks to the latest version
- And then, try to manually update QuickBooks, in case the update errors can be seen
- The next step is to open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data
- Now, open the item on which QuickBooks crash com error was seen
- And lastly, the user is expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues
This drives us to the end of this article, and we hope that this article would be helpful for the users to resolve the QuickBooks Crash com error. Resolving this error becomes easy, if the above stated steps are followed.
However, the user can follow above-shown steps to fix this error, if the error persists – the user can contact the QuickBooks error support team at their toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Calling and getting in touch with our technical support team can help you in resolving the error with much ease.
How to tackle QuickBooks Crash com error?
QuickBooks is a brilliant accounting software, but at the same time it can be prone to certain errors. QuickBooks crashing is one of the most worrisome issues for users. While working with this software, the users might encounter the QuickBooks crash com error. This error can be seen while opening, working, or emailing an invoice to a customer or a client. When the user hits OK button to email it, the user gets the error message: Crash Com Error. Hitting OK again will flash the crash com error repeatedly.
If you are facing any such error, then this article can be of great help to you. Today’s article is entirely based on the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks crash com error. Thus, make sure to read it carefully till the end. Another alternative for this can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team and let them fix the error for you within the least possible time. All you will have to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will get back to you with the best possible solutions.
You may also read: Ways to rectify QuickBooks Maintenance release error 15215
What is QuickBooks crash com error?
Before digging in deep and learning the causes and quick fixes to the crash com error, it is sensible enough for the users to first understand what is QuickBooks crash com error. This error basically makes a lot of nuisance, especially as the software consists of the financial data and the records. A crash com error can be seen during major updates launched by Microsoft. The user might stumble upon this issue while sending emails, invoices, paystubs, transactions, or reports.
This error might end up in losing the unsaved information or company data, and we understand that it is a heavy-going feeling to lose the essential data. The user might encounter this error while sending or emailing invoices, and encountering this error repeatedly might end up damaging the company file. There can be a plenty other reasons behind the occurrence of this kind of error, a few of which we have discussed below:
Valid causes of QuickBooks crash com error
QuickBooks crashing is a common error that may occur due to various type of reasons. Below we have mentioned few causes behind to this error:
- Synchronization fails with Windows or other components
- Damaged or lost Windows components and MS office components can be one of the most common reasons for crash com error.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks accounting software
- Accidental deletion of QB related files can also be a factor causing this error
- Firewall or antivirus hindering the communication process of QuickBooks desktop
- Virus or malware infection can also be one of the reasons
- Damaged windows might end up in crashing the QB software
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components.
When can you see crash com error?
There can be numerous situations, when the user can face this error, a few of which are listed below:
- While emailing invoices
- While opening the invoices
- At the time of attaching any file or something
- Also, when the user attempts to save something
- This error can also be seen, when the user tries to open check register
- Or in case of opening a report, this error could flash on the screen
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks script error?
Methods to deal with QuickBooks crash com error
Follow the below given methods in order to resolve the com crash in QuickBooks:
Method 1: Adding a window admin user
Adding a new window admin user might help in fixing the crash com error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to draft the windows user with admin rights.
- By opening the windows start menu.
- And then the user needs to select all programs option, followed by opening the Windows small business server and then opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Moving ahead the user should click on Users and Groups, and then tap on Add a new user account tab.
- The next step in the process is to fill out the user info, then follow the Add a new user account wizard.
- Now, give the new user admin rights.
- Select finish when done.
- And then log on to windows with the new user.
- Followed by re-opening the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Updating Microsoft Outlook
- The first step in this process is to move to the file option in the Microsoft outlook.
- And then, the user needs to select office account, followed by hitting update options.
- The next step in the process is to select update now option.
Method 3: Adding an email account to Microsoft outlook
- To begin with, the user needs to move to file option in the Microsoft outlook.
- And then, selecting info, followed by adding account to begin with the setup process.
- The next step in the process is to enter the email address that is to be added and then hit next,
- Now, the user should wait for Microsoft Outlook to select the server, followed by clicking on connect.
- After that, enter the password, to be used for the email address and hit OK key.
- The last step is to select OK and complete the setup.
In case QuickBooks is unable to detect the Microsoft Outlook, and then the user needs to follow the steps to see if it’s one of the email options:
- The user needs to open QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, move to the edit option, and select preferences option later on.
- The next step is to select the send forms option.
- Followed by select my preferences option.
The point to be noted here is that if the user is unable to find the Microsoft Outlook, then he/she might need to restart the system and repair QuickBooks desktop. The user might also need to create a new Windows user profile.
Method 4: Setting up Microsoft Outlook as the default mail app
In case the above methods did not work in fixing the issue, the user can set up the Microsoft outlook as the default mail app, as this would rectify the bug up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to move to the Control Panel and then Programs.
- The next step is to select the default programs.
- And then, opt for set your default programs option and then mail option.
- Now, select outlook, and save the settings.
- And then move to the next process if the error persists.
Read Also: Connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop
Method 5: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- The first step is to move to the help menu and then select the update QuickBooks option.
- After that, move to the update now tab. It is suggested to select the reset updates checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- The next step in the process is to select the get updates option, to begin with the download.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to restart QuickBooks, when the download gets finished.
- Now, the user needs to accept the option to install the latest release, when asked for.
Method 6: Toggle mail settings
- The first step is to move to the control panel, and then to the user account.
- After that, the user needs to select the mail option, followed by clicking on the Microsoft Outlook.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select show profile under the profile option.
- Followed by selecting the Outlook option.
- In case the Always use this profile option is selected, then make sure to select the Prompt for a profile to be used, after that hit Apply button.
- After that, the user needs to select always use this profile option.
- And lastly, the user needs to click on the Apply option, and then hit OK button.
Method 7: Run QuickBooks in the compatibility mode
- In this process, the user needs to right click QuickBooks on the desktop, followed by selecting properties option.
- After that the user needs to select run this program in compatibility mode.
- The next step in the process is to select Windows 7 from the drop down.
- And then, click on the option stating run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- And lastly, the user needs to select on Apply option, followed by hitting OK button.
Method 8: Creating a new Microsoft outlook email profile
- First of all, close Microsoft outlook and head towards the next step.
- The next step is to move to the control panel and then the user account.
- After that, the user needs to select the mail option.
- And click on show profiles in the mail setup window, followed by selecting Add option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter the name, in the profile name field.
- Once done with that, the user will have to hit OK button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts, in order to add an email account.
- The next step in the process is to select Apply option and OK option respectively.
The point to be noted here is that, this doesn’t delete the existing Outlook profile.
Method 9: Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security exceptions
- The very first step is to add QuickBooks firewall exceptions to QB communication funnel right.
- After that, configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software according to the instructions given in the user manual.
- The next step is to reboot the system and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- At the end of this method, the user will have to open some other report or a form and then make an attempt to email it, to check if the crash com error continues to trouble you.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server
Method 10: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- First of all, open and update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- And then make an attempt to manually update QuickBooks, if any update errors can be seen.
- After that, the user will have to open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data.
- Followed by opening the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was seen.
- The user is expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues.
Method 11: Repairing Windows and Microsoft office
- To begin with, the user is expected to repair the Microsoft office. This step will replace the unresponsive components.
- After that, the user will have to update the QuickBooks desktop and then reboot the system.
- Followed by updating the windows once again.
- The last step in the process is to remove the unidentified software installed on the system and you are good to go.
The list of methods to fix the crash com error in QuickBooks doesn’t end over here. However, applying any of the above methods might help the users to fix this bug, but if in case the error continues the user can simply consult a professional. For which, you can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and discuss the issue with our technical support team.
We are a hub of technocrats, who strive hard to provide the best possible and highly customized solutions to the clients in the least possible time. Thus, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks enterprise support team today, as we will be happy to help you!
Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error and It’s solution
All you need to learn how to fix Crash: Com error in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks desktop is one of the finest accounting software present in the market. It is largely preferred by entrepreneurs, as well as accounting professionals. The popularity of QuickBooks software can’t hide the fact that it is prone to certain errors at times. One such error is QuickBooks Crash com error. This is one the most common error that makes the most nuisance for the users. It affects the system, and also the crucial data and can be seen when major updates are launched by Microsoft. In today’s article, we will be talking about the causes and also the quick fixes to the crash com error.
If you are also facing any such error, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who work in a way to provide the best possible assistance to QB users.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks License Error after Cloning?
What is QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop is one of the most common errors that users face. This error causes lot of problem especially because the software consists of many financial data and records. In fact, it affects the business operations of small and business operations using the accounting software. This issue can be seen when the user tries to send emails, invoices, paystubs, transactions or reports. Crash com error can end up in losing the unsaved data, which can be very disheartening for the QuickBooks users. However, this crash com error can be rectified using a few possible solutions, which will be discussed later in this article.
Triggers to QuickBooks Crash Com Error
There can be a plenty of causes to QuickBooks Crash Com Error, a few of which are scribbled below:
- In case the Windows or MS-Office components are missing or damaged, then it is probable to encounter crash com error.
- There might be chances that any kind of virus or Trojan hampering the software.
- Or if any malicious software mistakenly deletes the crucial QuickBooks related files.
- The Error can also be seen, when the antivirus or firewall program blocks the QuickBooks communication process.
- The user can also encounter this error, when the QuickBooks software fails to communicate with the client or email service.
- Another trigger to the error can be if the QuickBooks components get damaged somehow.
When can user encounter Crash Com Error?
Before deploying any kind of solutions, let us first understand, when can the user stumble upon this error. Let us have a look at the list of the situations, when the user can face this annoying error.
- While opening report in QuickBooks
- Or while saving something in QuickBooks
- At the time of emailing invoices
- When opening invoices
- During the process of opening the check register
- While attaching any document in QuickBooks
Best Solution Steps to Resolve Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop
Here you can find the best solution methods to fix this QuickBooks Error. Please follow these given troubleshooting steps:
Solution 1: Make Outlook as a default Mail app
- To begin with, the user needs to visit the Control Panel, then Default Program and Set Default Program
- And then select MS outlook.
- And lastly, make it as the default program by clicking OK button.
Solution 2: Adding Email account to Outlook
- In this process, the user is supposed to move to the MS Outlook and then select the File Menu
- The next step is to select Add Account to start the setup process
- And then provide the email address and then select on the Connect tab.
- Outlook will automatically the right server settings and once done select Connect.
- After this enter the password for the email address provided and then click on OK button.
- And finally choose OK and finish the complete set up.
Important: If QuickBooks Desktop is not able to identify Outlook, (to examine this, go to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences tab to see if you have the option to choose Outlook) you might should reboot the computer and repair QuickBooks. You could additionally need to create a new Windows user profile. If the new Windows account does not discover Outlook in QuickBooks preferences, repair work QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Toggle the Mail Settings
- To begin with, go to the Control Panel and then click Mail
- After that select Microsoft Outlook.
- Followed by selecting Show Profile in the Mail Set Up
- In case the Always Use this profile tab is already selected then you have to choose a prompt for the profile and then select Apply button.
- Always Use this profile to toggle the selection back and then apply it
- End the process by clicking on OK tab
Solution 4: Make a New Outlook Mail Profile
- First of all close the Microsoft Outlook
- Then go to Control Panel and then Mail.
- Followed by selecting Show Profile option.
- After this click on Add.
- And then, under the profile name add a name and then select OK button.
- By following the instructions provided on the screen provide the email account to be used.
- Lastly, select Use this profile drop down and then select newly create profile and click on Apply then click OK.
Solution 5: Fix Office and Windows Update for Run
Often certain features of Microsoft Office like excel, word etc. Do not work properly. They can be easily fixed by restarting the system, but when that doesn’t help you have to get it repaired. Here the ways to repair it.
- Make a right click on the Windows start button in the Windows 8 or 10 version and then select Apps and feature on the pop-up menu bar.
- After this select the feature or product of Microsoft which you want to fix and then select modify option.
- Either you will get Click to Run or MSI-based installation, it all depends on the version of Microsoft.
Click to Run
- Make sure everything is alright when you want to repair the programs of Office. Select on Online Repair and then select Repair.
- First change the installation, then select Repair and click on Continue button.
- Instructions will be provided on the screen follow them and complete the repair process.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks on Compatibility Mode
- First select the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and then select QuickBooks option on Compatibility Mode.
- Check the box in the Compatibility Mode section after choosing Compatibility and run this program in that mode.
- After this select Windows 7 from the drop down.
- Go to the privilege level section and check run this program as the administrator.
- Finally Apply and then choose OK button.
Solution 7: Adding new Windows Admin user
- In order to fix the issue, the user can simply craft a new windows user with administrator preferences.
- And then, log in windows with the new admin credentials.
- Lastly, re-open QuickBooks software and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 8: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- The very first step in this process is to, open and update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- And then, opt for QuickBooks manual updates, in case of QuickBooks update errors.
- After that, the user is recommended to open and verify the QuickBooks company file to check the data integrity of the company file.
- The next step in the process is to open the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was encountered and then make an attempt to email it.
- To end the process, the user is required to make an attempt to open certain reports or email it, in order to check whether the issue continues.
You may also read: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Crash com error generally damages to the system, yet the QuickBooks data can be saved by following these above given simple steps. These troubleshooting steps have proven to be of great help in order to efficiently handle the QuickBooks com error.
We hope that you found this blog helpful to fix crash com error in QuickBooks. However, if still the crash com error does not get fixed then reach out to the QuickBooks enterprise support team as they will provide you with an instant solution to this problem. Dial +1-888-300-3913 and get assistance by our experts.