QuickBooks is an accounting software that has been used by small or medium business owners. Like any other software Intuit’s QuickBooks sometimes does not function properly and as a result of this technical error occurs. Often during QuickBooks Database Manager Service (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start – QuickBooks update error 1920 occurs.
Before moving to the troubleshooting part lets know about what QuickBooks error 1920 is and what the possible reasons behind this error are.
QuickBooks Error 1920 and its causes:
When error 1920 occurs you will be receiving a message on your computer stating that QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start. This error occurs because QuickBooks Database Manager Server is unable to access a hard drive on your desktop in order to create a connection to company files.
- A malfunction in the operating system of your computer.
- Failed installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
- Invalid entries in the registry of your windows.
- Presence of virus or malware in your computer.
- Due to power failure or other reason improper system shut down occurs which is one of the possible reason.
- Deletion of important system files or registry entry.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920
In order to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1920, you will have to just simply follow the steps mentioned below.
Solution 1: Update your windows if it’s not updated
- If any security software is installed on your computer then please remove it.
- In case the firewall is ON then turn it OFF.
- Make sure that when you are troubleshooting you are not running multiple programs on your computer.
- If the Software was working with the security previously then you must check whether the security is up to date or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of your QuickBooks Desktop company file
In order to change the name of the QuickBooks Desktop company file installation folder, you have to use windows explorer. With the help of windows explorer, you will be able to locate and rename each of the folder locations listed for the version of windows you are using.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then open your company file.
- Then press F2 or Ctrl+1 in order to open the product description.
- Then note down the location of the company file which is listed in the file information.
- Now close the application.
- In order to navigate them to the location of the company file
- Right click on Windows start button and then select file explorer ( for Windows 7,8 and 10)
- Now right click on the file and select rename.
- Now type the new name for the company file and then press enter & click yes to confirm.
The folder locations that you should be renaming are mentioned below-
For Windows 7, 8 and 10:
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
Solution 3: Set up QB desktop in order to use the new company file name
- Open QuickBooks.
- Now go to the QB file menu and from there you click on Open or restore an existing company.
- After the previous step, you open a company file followed by clicking Next.
- Now you select a new name for the company file.
- Now click on Open.
Hope this post is able to help you in fixing QB error code 1920. If the error still persists, immediately connect with QuickBooks Error Support at +1-888-300-3913 (toll-free).
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920?
QuickBooks Error 1920 usually pops up when you try to install QuickBooks or update it. The error may occur frequently, so it is very important for you to understand it. It usually either freezes the PC or closes QuickBooks automatically, bugging the users. In this blog, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks error code 1920.
When Error 1920 QuickBooks occurs, the following message is displayed, “Error 1920 QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920
Given below is a list of appropriate causes for QuickBooks Error Code 1920:
- The malfunction in your system operation.
- Some other reasons that include, wrong or failed installation or uninstallation of the software.
- Invalid entries in your Windows Registry.
- A virus or malware attack.
- Incorrect system shut down because of a power failure, etc.
- Accidentally deleted some important files in the system or Registry entry.
- Error 1920 QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1920
Solution 1: To fix QuickBooks Error 1920
Make sure your Windows has been updated to its latest version. If the components are not up to date, then it can be one of the possible reasons that may lead to QB Error 1920.
Step 1: In case you have installed any security software lately, make sure to remove it.
Step 2: Turn OFF the firewall in case you have it ON.
Step 3: Make sure that if you are troubleshooting, you are not running multiple programs as it may cause issues.
Step 4: Must check that the security is updated.
Solution 2: Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
This is important so that you can resolve this issue. You must make use of Windows in order to locate and rename every folder location that is mentioned in your version of Windows.
>C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
>C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
Step 1: Open your QuickBooks Desktop and try to open your company file.
Step 2: Press F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
Step 3: Close QuickBooks Desktop.d
QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the one that performs the duty of building Network Data files for any company files that are preserved on the host computer for different users to access it. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager supports you in scanning the different folders for QuickBooks company files, those that you require to be configured for different users to access. If you want to configure new company files automatically, use the monitor local hard drives.
How to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error Code 1920?
If you really wish to solve QB Error 1920, then it is extremely important for you to follow the steps given below. Do this in a chronological order that is given below and be sure of having your problem fixed by the end of it.
Step 1: Rename QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Step 2: Next, open your QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: After you are done with this, open your company file.
Step 4: In case, you want to open the production information, press F2 or Ctrl+1 on your keyboard.
Step 5: Then finally, note the location of the company file that is mentioned in the File Information.
If the above solutions do not resolve your QuickBooks error 1920, you can through the discussions and queries that are related to the issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community; connect with QuickBooks Desktop Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 (toll-free) to connect with Tech Experts directly.
QuickBooks Error 1920 – Solution to Resolve It
It is truly said that like several other software, QuickBooks also gives some errors to the users and QuickBooks Error 1920 is one of them. It generally occurs when QuickBooks Server Manager scans hard drives for the company files which are installed on the system. QuickBooks Database Manager fails to start because of this error.
Table of Contents
- QuickBooks Error 1920 – QB Database Manager Failed to Start
- What are the possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920?
- Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920 – Trying to Install or Update QB Software
- Solution 1: Verify the Installed Security Software
- Solution 2: Change QuickBooks Desktop Company File Name
- Refer the below mentioned chart for folder location that you are going to rename-
- Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks to use the new file name for the company
- Other Steps to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920:
QuickBooks Error 1920 – QB Database Manager Failed to Start
Incorrect device settings configuration or unusual Windows registry entries may cause this error mainly because the QuickBooks Database Manager is unable to connect to the QuickBooks company files that it was looking for. Some utilities tend to access the hard drive that may not be affected by the download.
What are the possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1920?
There can be various causes for this error code and the listed are the possible causes behind your error message. Just have a look at these causes:
- The fault in your running the system.
- Any other explanations may include installing or uninstalling the program improperly or unsuccessfully done.
- Entries in the Windows Register are invalid.
- An attack by virus or malware.
- Due to improper shutdown and it can happen because of a power failure, etc.
- Some important files in the system or registry entry were accidentally deleted.
- This error failed to start the QuickBooks Database Manager Service.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920 – Trying to Install or Update QB Software
This error arises if you can’t link the QuickBooks Database Manager to your company register. Here are the relevant solutions that help you resolve this error so that you can get back up and run your software smoothly. It is suggested you follow the steps in the given sequence.
Solution 1: Verify the Installed Security Software
- Initially, uninstall Security Software which you have recently added
- Next, turn-off the Firewall
- Once you have done with that then close all the background running applications
- Look for the latest updates
Solution 2: Change QuickBooks Desktop Company File Name
- The very first, you have to change the name of Company file
- Open QuickBooks then select and click Company file
- Press F2 in order to open the information window of product
- Observe the location of Company file and note it down
- Then close QuickBooks Desktop
- Now navigate the location of Company file where you save
- Next, change the name of the Company file
- Save Your company file by keeping a new name
- At last, Click on Yes to confirm it.
Refer the below mentioned chart for folder location that you are going to rename-
|Windows 10/8/7||Windows Vista|
|C:\ProgramData\ Common Files\ Intuit||C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit|
|C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit|
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks to use the new file name for the company
- The very first step is to open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, go to file menu and click on Open and Restore the file that is existing
- After that Open a company file by clicking Next button
- Now choose a new name for your company file
- Finally, click on the Open button.
Other Steps to Fix QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920:
- Rename QuickBooks Desktop company file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop then company file
- If you want to open the production information, press F2 or Ctrl+1 button
- Note company file location that is mentioned in the File Information
How to Solve the Riddle of QuickBooks Error 1920?
QuickBooks error 1920 takes place when the QuickBooks Database Manager fails to connect to the company file. When the error takes place, you will get an error message on your screen that says, “Error 1920: Service QuickBooks Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start.” This error typically arrives when a user tries to update or install the QuickBooks Desktop software. Several issues in the application can promote error code: 1920. In this post, we will try to figure out the possible causes behind the QuickBooks error 1920 and fix them with the simplest solutions.
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 1920?
It is crucial to know the possible causes of an error code in the QuickBooks to make the troubleshooting easy and less time-taking. Below is the list of reasons that can promote error 1920 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- When the OS of your computer is not working the way it should
- When the entries made in the registry of your windows are invalid
- Unsuccessful installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Improper shut down of the system due to power failure or some other reasons can also trigger “QuickBooks Database Service won’t start” issue
- Virus or malware attacks on the system are also one of the most potent threats that can promote the error
- Unintentional deletion of the QuickBooks related files or registry entry
- When you try to install QuickBooks on your Desktop without having full Admin rights
How To Resolve Error 1920: Service Failed To Start?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes why QuickBooks error message 1920 appears on your screen, let’s suppress these causes by following the below-explained solutions:
Solution 1: Update Your Windows to the Latest Available Update
If any of the Windows components are not up to date, you can face the “QuickBooks Database Server stopped” issue. To fix the error, you need to update Windows using the below-given steps:
- In the first place, you need to remove security software installed on your system
- Disable the Firewall by turning it OFF in case it is ON
- While performing this error-resolution method, you need to ensure that multiple programs are not running at that moment
- Also check if the security is updated with which QuickBooks was working lately
If QuickBooks Desktop error 1920 persists, try the next method.
Solution 2: Assign Windows User Account with the Admin Rights
To perform this crucial IT task on Windows, you need to have full administrative rights. To get it done, follow these solutions:
- Click Start button on your Windows 10 and select Control Panel
- Now select Accounts and then hit on Family and Other Users option
- Next, you have to click on Change Account Type
- In this section, you can select Administrator as Account type
- Hit OK and sign-in again as administrator
- You may also follow the detailed article on how to Create an Administrative Account on Windows to resolve “Unable to Install QuickBooks Error 1920.”
Solution 3: Rename QuickBooks Desktop Company File
To rename the QuickBooks company (.qbw) file, perform the below-listed steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and open the file to be renamed
- Hit F2 key to open the product information Window
- Note down the company file’s location and terminate QuickBooks and other files
- Now navigate to the location of the file and select file explorer
- Right-click on Windows Start icon to proceed further
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and click Yes to confirm the action when prompted
Perform the action that was giving the QBCFMonitorService Error 1920. If the error continues, follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Clean Junk Folders from Your System
Cleaning the junk folder in your system can help you to get the job done when none of the above-listed solutions proven to be helpful:
- Click Start icon on your Windows Desktop and type “command” in the blank space
- Press and hold CTRL + Shift simultaneously and then click Enter
- Click Yes for the permission dialogue box
- Locate the blinking cursor on the black box and type “cleanmgr.”
- Click Yes to initiate the cleanup process
- Checkmark the boxes for the junk files you want to eliminate and then hit OK to proceed
Resolve QuickBooks Database Manager Error 1920 With the Professional Assistance:
If you feel it difficult to perform the troubleshooting solutions accurately, just reach us for a relevant solution. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to get the assistance. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number +1-888-300-3913, and our QB experts will help you to resolve QuickBooks error 1920 effectively.