Besides the QuickBooks Desktop Benefits technical bottlenecks in the form QuickBooks Error 3371 can’t be prevented, caused by external issues. To resolve error code 3371, it is essential to know about the issue, its causes before starting the troubleshooting methods.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is caused when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets damaged, which contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. The error message says: ‘Could not initialize license properties’. This message shows up in a dialog box and when you click OK, another box comes up.
The file damage occurs due to improper shut down your computer while your software if open for some reasons. Therefore, QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties every time you open your QuickBooks and the “Error 3371 Status Code 11118” shows up on the screen.
In order to resolve this issue, there are some system requirements which needs to be fulfilled. Let us proceed further before troubleshooting error 3371.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks Error 3371 could also be a result of multiple problems e.g. something related to other components of your QuickBooks software or Operating system as mentioned underneath:
- That can be an additional damage component as the onscreen message additionally says too QuickBooks Error 3371 cannot load the license data. This may cause missing or damaged files. QuickBooks attempts to read damage QBregistration.dat each time you start it.
- Fix the damaged MSXML component which relates to Windows Operating System which is required to run QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Some system protections e.g. anti-virus program blocks QuickBooks Desktop too that stops the sync with the important Windows components required by QuickBooks.
- Half-done or Failed Windows Updates can keep the components of your windows outdated and not as required by QuickBooks. Outdated windows can lead to more problems for your QuickBooks Desktop too.
- “Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- “QuickBooks has stopped working” A problem has caused QuickBooks to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.
- Problems with printing, emailing or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
- You lose the connection to the QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks Desktop performance issues.
- Error Code 80029c4a
- While installing and repairing QuickBooks you may come across following errors: QuickBooks Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1903, QuickBooks Error 1722, QuickBooks Error 1904
Points to Consider Before QuickBooks Error 3371 Troubleshooting
- First of all, it is important to ensure that you have updated your Windows to the latest release.
- If you still get QuickBooks Error 3371 then you might have corrupt Windows operating system.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
Solution 1: Delete ecml file
- First of all, press Windows + R together from your keyboard.
- Enter this path C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window.
- Next, Windows Explorer will open with the above address.
- Now, delete ecml file. After that, close the window.
- Finally, you have to Run QuickBooks and Register the item again.’
Solution 2: Update your Windows operating system
- The first step is to click on the Start button.
- Now, select All Programs and then click on Window Update.
- After that, click on check for updates.
- Next, you to reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Solution 3: Install Latest Windows Update
- Firstly, you need to install the latest updates for Windows.
- Next, select All Programs and then click on Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP Users
- First of all, click on the Start button and choose Run.
- Now, enter this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- After that, click Ok.
- You can now rename Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 users
- Firstly, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Next, you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QB, it will create a new file for you.
- If the program data folder is not visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search Options.
- After that click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 1111 is likely to occur when entitlementDataStore.ecml containing the license properties gets corrupted due to crash com error or any other reason. You can fix the issue by updating your Windows system, rename the entitlement file and installing new windows updates.
If the “QuickBooks Error 3371” remains unresolved then feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Error Customer Support Number +1-888-300-3913. Our technicians are always available to help you and fix all complicated issues.
How to rectify QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
Have you encountered Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data or Error 3371 Status code 11118 on your QuickBooks when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop.? This kind of error message might pop-up on the screen, when any of the company file is either missing or damaged. As per the recent reports, many QB users face this issue and consider it to be one of the most daunting task. Well, need not to worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the triggers, as well as the quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
When the user re-configures the desktop or setup the QuickBooks company file for the very first time, this type of error could be encountered. An outdated windows operating system might end up in this kind of issue. Not only this, but also a damaged or missing windows component can be the reason behind the occurrence of any such error. The user might even have an antivirus program that would block the QB files.
Getting rid of this error becomes easy with the processes mentioned in this article. However, for instant support, the user can ring up at our toll-free number and speak to our QuickBooks error technical support team at 1(844)521-0490.
You might also like: How to troubleshoot event log error 4?
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
No doubt, this error might interrupt you to do any work and also can be a frustrating one for you. When you wish to activate or open QuickBooks desktop , you may see one of the following error message on your screen:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Generally, these error may be caused by missing or damaged files. The file damage is most probable to occur due to improper shutdown, while the software is open. There can be various other facts related to this error code 3371.
The error code might come up with an error message stating:
Another Dialog box can also be seen when the user clicks on the “OK” button, It’ll show QuickBooks Fatal Error with the message.
Clicking on “OK” button once again will simply just close the window.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Intuit makes it mandatory for the users to keep license information stored on the hard drive, and by any chance the user loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, this error is surely going to trouble the user.
While the user attempts to clone the information on the C:/ drive into another hard drive that is new, this type of error can appear. In such a situation, the user will require to delete entitlement file. Also, re-enter the license information to get rid of the issue without any further mess.
Following are some factors that may lead the QuickBooks error code 3371 in your system:
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: The installation file basically contains the license info that is stored on your hard drive, and if this files gets damaged somehow, then it is probable to get this type of error. Intuit tries to spot this particular file, whenever it is active.
- Damaged or lost MSXML component: Talking about MSXML, it is one of the vital components offered by Microsoft, and is required by QB desktop for running on the system. If by any means this essential file gets damaged, then it becomes extremely difficult for the users to accessing the QB accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus program might also end up in this type of issue.
- When the user makes an attempt to start up the file without saving it before, the probability to encounter this error increases.
- Crash com error can also be one of the causes behind the occurrence of this error code.
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can also be one of the causes behind this error.
- Incomplete windows update can lead to this error.
Points to remember
- The user is required to ensure that he/she has updated the Windows to the latest version. In case the latest windows updates are not installed, then the QuickBooks desktop installation can fail or become damaged. The user can install windows updates by:
- Clicking on windows logo
- And then selecting all programs, also clicking on windows update
- After that install QuickBooks
- Another point to be remembered is to check whether you windows operating system is corrupted or not.
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 20?
Solution Methods of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The Infographic attached below will provide you with a quick glance of the process of fixing the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. However, we have also stated below the elaborated manual steps to be followed, in order to tackle the error code with much ease.
After exploring the above Infographic the user can checkout the potential manual solution steps to easily resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371:
Method 1: Delete the Ecml File
- To begin with, the user will be needed to press the “window+R” keys on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will appear on the screen. And then Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Now, the user will be able to spot Window explorer as the next location.
- Moving ahead, the user will be needed to remove the ecml file. After that right click and select Delete option.
- Once done with that, close the window option.
- After completing the above step, Run QuickBooks, and then Register the product again. And it is expected that this error would end with this method, or else move to the next process.
Method 2: Update your Windows OS
If your window is obsolete, or upgrades aren’t installed, the error might persist even after carrying out the steps above. In such a case, the user will be required to follow the steps below:
- In this method, the user will have to click on the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- And then, click again to Check for updates.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks desktop again.
In case the problem still exists, the steps below might help.
- Fix common installation errors using the QuickBooks component repair tool
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks desktop
Method 3: Perform a Clean Install
- In case none of the methods worked in your favor, then try out the third method, and Install the latest Windows update.
- After that click on the “All Program” tab => “Windows Update” options respectively.
- The next step is to finish the Upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- For resolving those errors, follow the aforementioned steps which are described as:
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the license & resolving registration problems.
- Click reinstall by performing a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop.
Read this also: How to fix QuickBooks restore failed issue?
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub and open it.
- After that choose the Installation Issues, In the tools hub
- Here you need to choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- Let the tool run and detect the problem. [Note: This process will take take up to 20 minutes.]
- Once the tool finishes the task just restart your PC.
Method 5: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC.
- After that go to the Program Problems tab and choose Quick Fix my Program option.
- Hit a click on OK button.
- Finally open your QuickBooks and open your data file.
This tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damage file.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks error H505 Instantly
Method 6: Change the name of your Entitlement File
For Windows XP users
- The Windows XP user are supposed to click on the Start tab and then select Run.
- After that, enter the path, in order to spot the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- The next step is to click on OK tab.
- And to end the process, the user can rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
For Windows 7 users
- Now the Windows 7 users will have to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- After that, the user will have to rename the Entitlement file.
- When the user will open QuickBooks, it will automatically create a new file for the user.
- In case the user is unable to see the program data folder, then the below steps can be followed to unhide the same.
- The user will have to follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then click on the hidden files and folders
- To end the process, the user will have to open the QuickBooks to check if the QuickBooks error 3371 is fixed or not.
Method 7: Run the 3371 error fix from the QuickBooks tool hub
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks tool hub
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks
- And then download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub (14.0.0). The user needs to save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- After that, open the file downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe)
- Followed by, carrying out the on screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step is to, double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
Step 2: From Tool Hub, run the 3371 error fix
- In this, the user needs to select the installation issues from the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then select 3371 error fix
- After that choose OK button
- And lastly, start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file
Still need help?
Troubleshooting Error code 3371 doesn’t involve any rocket science, simply implementing any of the above described methods can work well. However, if you are looking for immediate assistance for the QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118 or you feel that the above shown steps are effort & time consuming – we suggest you to contact the QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-844-521-0490.
Our team of experts and certified QB professionals will help you to deal with the issue with much ease. So, do not hesitate in contacting us today, we will be happy to help you.
QuickBooks Error 3371 with Status Code 11118
QuickBooks is an accounting software package by Intuit and marketed by the same company as well. QuickBooks error 3371 with status code 11118 usually occurs when QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets ruined that includes the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. You get a popup saying [Error 3371, StatusCode -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Below are the 3 major roles that will help the QuickBooks to reach this point.
- It provides great security.
- Work so accurately.
- QuickBooks software’s credibility.
A great number of businessmen use this software they even ignore the payout of the software in front of its services. Despite having such nice features, still, sometimes it denies performing well. Users at the time have to face few errors that occur every now and then. In the huge list of QuickBooks errors, one is- QuickBooks Error Code 3371. This error is a comparatively challenging one. So before tackling error 3371, let’s know about the root cause of this error.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 can arise while the user tries to execute the software after the reconfiguration of their system. The software is more fundamentally prone to the QuickBooks error 3371 when the hard drive is emulated.
Each time the error message 3371 pops up there are basically no tips for a resolution that pop up along with it. The dialogue box gives you the option of clicking on an “OK” tab. You can avail QuickBooks Help from experts to overcome this issue.
- Lost, corrupt, missing, or damage QuickBooks file/files.
- Corrupt, lost, missing or damage user information.
- Missing, corrupt, lost, or damage license data.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371:
- System crashes
- An error code pops up
- Unable to access QuickBooks files/file
- Mouse and keyboard inputs lag
When Error 3371 occurs in your device?
There is no fix timing, but it can occur due to some of the reasons. Check out some reasons below.
- While copying the data from one to another Quickbooks error code 3371 can occur. If the user information, product license, or file/files are either corrupt, misplace or damage, this daunting issue can also knock your system’s door.
- Datastores the product license information. When you open the QuickBooks software, the Intuit tech department will find that particular file. If by any form, this file is missing, damaged, or lost then you will face this error code.
- Damaged MSXML Component – MSXML is a vital factor of Microsoft provided to Intuit QuickBooks to execute the QB software on the system. If this component is damaged, it produces a problem in opening the accounting software.
How to fix QuickBooks error 3371?
The error generally occurs when the user either lost the data file or changes the system and shift to a new one from the regular one. Correcting the error could be a tedious task but it will save your personal accountant from the issue.
But before proceeding to the solution, users are advised by the experts that they should keep the back. Otherwise, you will end up messing up everything. If you are confused or terribly misguided then you can take the help from the QuickBooks support.
Given below are a few troubleshooting methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Take a look.
- Reinstallation is going to consume all your precious time. In such a case, you may execute the QuickBooks Component Check tool to analyze the problem.
- Contact QuickBooks Support for swift solutions. The QuickBooks support is proficient at providing realistic solutions that are the most appropriate to your concerns.
- You can also refer to the various information-based articles that are available online. Similarly, connecting with the QuickBooks community is the ultimate option.
Further Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371
- Hit the window + R button to execute the Run command.
- Enter: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8 in the Run command.
- This will execute the windows explorer window.
- Use the ECML file by tracing it.
- Delete it once you have found it by hitting the “Delete” button.
- Move back to the desktop and re-start QuickBooks.
- As you reinstall the setup, you will have to confirm that the version of QuickBooks installed is the current one. Once it is done, you can go with your QuickBooks.
If you are still experiencing the error after applying the above steps then contact QuickBooks Support to get immediate help from experts. They will guide to get rid of the problem.
Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1111
Learn the best ways to resolve QuickBooks error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
In today’s technology driven world, everything is required at ease and in a simplified manner and for all the accounting functions of an organization, accounting software such as QuickBooks is used. This software comes with various benefits that makes it easier for many people to do their business seamlessly and quickly. However, QuickBooks is available in different versions and can be accessed offline as well as online depending on the version you are using. But the only con of this software is that it is prone to errors that can occur during installation, up gradation or re-installation. These errors can only be resolved by with the help of experts if you are not able to do it.
Some QuickBooks errors are so frustrating and annoying that QB user becomes unable to operate it. This may also lead to the loss of company files and momentous business information. In this article we have discussed all about QuickBooks Error code 3371, why this error occurs, what are possible causes of this error and how we can resolve this error by own.
This error is most critical error that is encountered by many QB users. When this error occurs you may get error messages like “QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data“.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Maintenance Error 15215?
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks error 3371 usually occurs when a user re-configure the desktop computer or activate the QuickBooks for the very first time. Also this error may occur due to missing or damaged company files.
QuickBooks errors includes QuickBooks Error Code 6000, Error -6000, -83 Code. QuickBooks Error -6000, -82, QuickBooks -6130, QB Error -6000, -301, Error 6123, QuickBooks Error -6000, -77, QB Error -6000, -305 and more. Among all, Error 3371 is a specific error to QuickBooks Enterprise and when it occurs, it displays ‘Could not initialize license properties’.
When you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you see one of these error messages –
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
- When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialog box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
- Now, when you again click on OK here, it will just close the window. We know it’s a frustrating error and you may get trouble while opening the QuickBooks.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks License Error after Cloning
Why QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Occurs?
It can be understood that Intuit has made compulsory to have license information saved on your hard drive. By chance, if that information, file, or license data gets damaged, corrupted or missing then you can encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. This also occurs in the process of cloning of data on the c:/ drive to another hard disk. In such case, it becomes mandatory to re-type your license information to get this issue solved.
There are many reasons for this error to occur and those can be solved with expert’s guidance. The reasons can be one or more of the following:
The file or component required by QuickBooks Desktop to run is either damaged or missing.
- Due to Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if the file is not working properly or its damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- As for damaged MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component that is provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QB desktop to run on your system. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus: The Outdated Windows OS or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: QB users may also experience this issue if they are opening the company file without saving it first. They must first save the file before importing the .QBO file.
- This may happen while you try to open the file without saving it. Thus, it is advised to save the .QBO file before you import it.
There are some important points that you should take note of:
- Your QuickBooks installation process can fail or get damaged if the latest windows updates are not installed in your system. Thus, you must ensure that the latest version is up to date.
- If you are facing all the same errors even after following all the solutions. Then you are required to work with a qualified IT professional or you can contact Microsoft support to resolve your queries related to Windows Operating System.
You may also see: Steps to solve QuickBooks reporting problems?
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
This Infographic will help you to understand shortly all about the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. However, you can also check the below given steps in order to solve this error swiftly.
Following are the latest solution methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 3371:
Solution 1: Update your Windows OS
Important Note: If the latest Windows updates are not installed, the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged. Ensure Windows is up to date.
Below are the steps that you can follow for the Windows update:
- Click the ‘Windows logo‘.
- Select ‘All Program‘ and click ‘Windows Update‘ option.
- After installing the updates, just click ‘Install QuickBooks‘.
Most of the cases, after following the first method the error get resolved. However, if the error still persists after following the first method then below we have provided more fixation methods.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename Entitlement file
The symptoms are usually arises and when a user will open your company file in QuickBooks accounting software, this failed to open it & resolves when attempting by doing repairing or installation gets failed due to improper method. It promptly asks for a mysterious html file.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key + R key to run the file. It will open a Run window.
- In that window type or copy C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then enter it there (or the appropriate location on your system where QuickBooks saves entitlement information)
- Then give one click to the OK key button. This will open Window Explorer at that location.
- A user will easily locate the ecml file, then give a right-click on it and now select the delete option to resolve the error 3371
- Close this window and then try to re-run your QuickBooks software.
- You will be asked to register the product again, if failed to done.
Though there are a number of solutions available on the web but you must go with the most reliable ones. You can take suggestions from the experts or assign this work to them.
Below are the steps to resolve error if you are a Windows XP user.
- Click ‘Start‘ and choose ‘Run‘ option.
- Then type the following command into the ‘Open field‘:
- C://Documents and ‘Settings All Users‘ Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2
(Please note that you may have more than one ‘V’ folder, so it is better to look for the current one)
- Then, Click ‘OK‘ button
- Now ‘delete the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file‘ or you can also rename it to resolve the issue.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
Solution 3: Install latest windows updates
If the problem is still appears after following the above steps then you need to perform these easy given steps.
- First of all, install the windows latest updates, then click on the Start key button.
- After that Choose all programs and then update your windows.
- Then hit a click on to update option and click on it to check for latest updates.
- After getting a successful updation, you need to reinstall your QuickBooks once again.
After attempting all the actions discussed above, you should have resolved the error. Incidentally, if the trouble still exists, do the steps below.
Solution 4: Manually resolve this error
For resolving the error, just follow the below steps that is described as:
- First of all, recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file & resolve the license & resolving registration glitches
- Then fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, & C++ pitfalls by using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now reinstall by doing a clean installation
- Run reboot.file
- Update your QuickBooks to latest release
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The user is first close QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system
- The next step is to select Quick Fix My Program option
- Followed by selecting installation issues and look for Error 3371 to fix the error
- Once done with that, click on OK tab.
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks and open the data file
This tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damaged file.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935?
I hope the above given steps are beneficial for you and you have now successfully resolved QuickBooks error code 3371. However, if still the error persists or you are not able to use your software, then seek professionals help directly by contacting our QuickBooks premier support team at +1-888-300-3913.
Our experts and certified professionals will help you in fixing the error without any further hassle. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime. Our team will be happy to help you!