QuickBooks is an accounting software program established by Intuit. It is widely used for a small, medium or a large-scale sized business. The good thing about the QuickBooks is that it comes with various advanced features which gives easy way to manage the accounting. This reduces our work stress and help to complete overloaded work in just a few minutes. No matter how good is this software, it is also prone to errors sometimes. From the past years, few users reported that they are facing few of technical errors while using QuickBooks. These errors can occur when a user try to access or open the company file.
In this blog, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 6000 and others. Also, understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. However, you can also get instant help from well-qualified accounting experts of QuickBooks enterprise support team. All you need to dial 1-844-405-0907 to connect with a certified QuickBooks expert.
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 & Others Explained
When QuickBooks error 6000 and others occurs it displays 3 or 4 more digit errors with the message that indicates it unable to open the company file. The following are the different -6000 series which are the major errors and it makes the file corrupt most of the time:
|Error -6176, 0||Firewall blocks the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||The .TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100|
|A local computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061|
|Incorrect/Inaccurte network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||Wrong folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|Error -6190, 816|
|Any other user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
There can also be a mismatch b/w the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|Error -6144, -304|
|When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|Error -6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file|
If the Windows user account used by QBDM is damaged
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|QB Error -6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
There might be number of possible reasons that can be a reason of occuring the QuickBooks error 6000. Few are as:
- Firewall is blocking QuickBooks files to access
- .TLG file are damaged or corrupted
- Installation files of QuickBooks are missing or damaged
- Multiple users are logged into the same company file
- You Internet setups are incorrectly configured
Before you move to the solution part
Now that you know about the signs and causes of QuickBooks Error 6000, you will be willing to know the solution of it. I mean, that’s the reason why you are reading this article, isn’t it? But before we take tell you all about the troubleshooting steps, lets us also tell you that updating QuickBooks and running the File Doctor tool can as well sometimes fix error 6000 and many other similar errors. So do it before you indulge into the tedious and time taking and you may save yourself some precious time.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
You can see the examples in the above tables to show that the accounting software can create a real glitch and the business suppose to remain intact. Suppose, if for one day or few hours this accounting software go through breakdown then, there are multiple problem that may comes up which will leads to numerous hassles. An efficient QuickBooks certified expert can only resolve this issue. At such time, the best way to deal with the situation is to take help from the QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors. Now, if someone thinks about the thought of getting the errors the QuickBooks is installed and the solution could be found in this possible manner:
Note: Make sure that the QuickBooks application is running at latest updated version. We suggest you to download, install, and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before following the instructions given in the steps below. If you still encounter the same issue even after using the File Doctor tool, then apply the following solutions in the sequence as it is mention.
The QuickBooks error 6000 and others can arise on both local & network setup. Choose the proper setup from the following options to perform the recommended steps correctly.
Condition 1: You are Opening the QuickBooks file locally
It simply implies that you are accessing/opening the QuickBooks Company file that is saved on the same machine where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND & .TLG files:
The .ND and .TLG where the files are part of the QuickBooks which gets installed along with access of files in either a network or the multi-user environment helps in removing the glitches with the software.
If the files get corrupted or damaged along with the errors and opening of the QB files with no such cause to happen where re-scan or using the QuickBooks with the files which automatically gets stored at the QuickBooks database server manager thus making the right backup.
- Firstly, open the folder where the company file stored.
- After that, look for the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Once done with that right click on each file and select Rename option and type OLD at the end of each file name.(For example – company_file.qbw.nd.OLD)
- Finally, Open your QuickBooks again and then try to sign in to your company file.
If still the error persists there, go with the next solution.
Solution 2: Opening a sample company file
Open a sample company files with the testing if the problem lies with the company file along with the QuickBooks application. The sample company file does not open along with the error which indicates that the QuickBooks installation and gets damaged along with getting repaired.
If we understand the QuickBooks along with the installation and damage then the indication of repairing the file could be done in the following ways:
- In the ‘No Company Open’ window, select the “Open a sample file” icon and then choose any form with the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, it proceeds to solution 3 and the sample file returns the same with the error message which is repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks File on the desktop
By copying the file on the desktop and opening it with testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens and it gets saved on the desktop and the location gets probably damaged or it either gets “too deep” and it also exceeds the file system with the path limitation:
If the file still didn’t open after changing it’s location, it is possible the file is damaged. Follow the given steps then:
- Open the folder which contains your company file
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW
- Get the right click on the file along with selecting the “Copy” icon. Get on the desktop with the right click & getting anywhere on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” option
- While holding down the control key, along with opening QuickBooks so you gets directed to the “No Company” no open window
- Click the “Open” icon or the restore along with the existing company. It is just a navigating on the desktop along with the company file when it gets copied or left open
If still you get the same error, follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Restore a backup
If the company file did not open even when it was moved to a different location, then a person can restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the current company file (.QBW).
If you are experiencing trouble while restoring the backup follow the given steps below:
- First of all ensure that your computer is not hosting.
- Open company file.
- Find the file with the “Menu” option; choose the “utilities” tab.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is listed:
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” option.
- In the Stop hosting multi-user access windows, select the “YES” tab.
- In the company file must be closed windows, click the “YES” tab.
- Make sure the path to the company file and is no more than 210 characters long:
- Go to the location of the company file.
- From the top, copy the path from the address bar.
- Paste it on the notepad and count the character including the spaces. (For example: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2018\Sample_company_file.qbw is 125 characters.)
- Retry the company file restoration.
Go for the next solution if the error still remains there.
Solution 5: Use ADR tool to restore the backup
If the company file is damaged, it is recommended to recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Condition 2: You are opening the file over the network
If the error code 6000 occurs on server this means you are opening the company file saved on the server or another computer.
Solution 1: Check if Hosting is turned on, on all workstation
Check if the hosting is turned on, on all the workstation along with ideal recommendation to have one PC/Server to host the company files.
- Firstly, Press the “F2” key to open the Product Information window.
- Now find the Local Server Information. (Note: The hosting should get turned off.)
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
The .ND and .TLG files belong to your QuickBooks data. These are configuration data files that enable QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user setting. If these data are corrupted or damaged, you will certainly experience these errors when you open your QuickBooks data files. Renaming these files will not cause you to lose QB files. These files are automatically re-created when you are-scan using the QuickBooks database server manager and when you open your company file.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Also, finding the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG gives the company a better way to search the file.
- Getting the Right-click each file, and then there is a process to select rename.
- Adding the word OLD at the end of each file name. For Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Restart or re-scan the database server manager
The purpose of Database Server Manager is to host your QuickBooks company files. It is best to restart the DBSM and also re-scan the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- You need to Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool, and then re-scan the QB company file.
- Go to the “Start” and then click “All Programs” icon => “QuickBooks” icon => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” (QBDSM).
- After which select the “Scan folders” tab.
- Then, click on the “Add folder” tab (if no folders are present). Otw highlighting the folder with the files, and then there is a need to select Scan.
- Confirming that the company files in question shows in the bottom box which is about heading “QuickBooks Company files” found.
- Also, there is a need to ‘Try to open the file again’.
- Open the QuickBooks once more and try to sign in just to get the company file.
Solution 3: Open the company file locally
There is a need to ‘Open the company file locally’. Also, the opening the file locally, you are also testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If one of the file opens while then it is saved on the desktop, and it means the location is probably damaged or it is “too deep”. If it is exceeded with the file system which has the path limitation and if it still does not open after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged.
- Firstly open the folder that contains your company file
- With the extension of .QBW, one can find the QB file
- Right-click on the QB file, then select the “Copy” icon after performing right-click on the QB file
- Getting on to the desktop, one just needs to get the right-click on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” icon
- Also, getting hold down the control key, along with opening of the QuickBooks so you are directed to the “No Company Open” window
- There is a need to select the “Open or restore an existing company” option
- Also, there is a need to move to the desktop, and after which one could find the QB Company file that you copied & open
Solution 4: Open a Sample Company File Locally Installed on a Workstation
Opening a sample company file which is locally installed on a workstation and then pulling out the details through the QuickBooks data file. Also, opening the sample company file, which one could test and the problem with the possible lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application. In case a sample company file does not open and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and should be repaired.
- In the “No Company Open” window, select the “Open a Sample File” option, then one can choose from the list of the sample company files
- If the sample file opens, there is a need to proceed to solution 4
- If the sample file returns the same error message, repair your QuickBooks installation
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 1712?
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Here you need to login as the Administrator on the server computer.
- Now Press the “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” key simultaneously to bring up the ‘Task Manager’.
- Show the processes for all the users by selecting the “Users” tab.
- Highlight each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then select the “End Task” tab.
- Also, there is a need to open the QB company file in multi-user mode.
If still the error persists, then one can proceed to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
- One can check the folder permission manually so that if one can encounter these errors one could try to rectify them
- Also, if one can see the folder where the file is saved. It means that it does not have the right permission
- And then the user is supposed to check the folder permissions to share QB company files
- Now try to open the QuickBooks file again
- If one can still get the same error, there is a need to proceed to solution 7
Solution 7: Configure the Anti-Virus & firewall Software
Configuring the firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software is the best of the ways to get rid of QB errors. Also, one could encounter errors if your firewall and Anti-virus program block access to specific QuickBooks programs or files. In this way one could get the best to configure your firewall ports and also set up an exception to your anti-virus software.
Hopefully, this technical article would be beneficial for you to understand the deepest insight of the QuickBooks error code 6000. However, if you face any further hassle associated with this error code or any other one – you can freely dial our QuickBooks desktop support number i.e. Our certified ProAdvisor will look forward to your concern and provide you a feasible solution in no time.
For complex accounting software like QuickBooks, it becomes imperative to classify errors into different categories for simplifying resolution. Many of these errors are grouped and coded in specific ways to denote the commonalities they share in the steps for resolution or identify affected components. One such group is the error 6000 series which typically are seven or eight-digit codes that are accompanied by a message that conveys the inability of the software to open the company file the user wants. We will dig into the details of the QuickBooks error code 6000 series and consider the generic steps involved in resolving them.
Different 6000 Series Error Codes
There are as many as 27 different types of 6000 series errors.
A typical 6000 series error can look like 60XX, XXXX, 61XX, XXXX or 62XX, XXXX. For instance, a couple of errors with error code 6189 look like -6189, -83 and -6189, 1005.
Here’s a summary of the possible causes for the different 6000 series errors.
- Blocked firewall
- Corrupted .TLG, .QBW, .QBB or, .ND file
- Improper network configuration
- Incorrect file path
- File hosting or access issues
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Before you proceed with any of the diagnostic steps, ensure that you have the updated version of QuickBooks. If not, update it to the latest available version. If you are lucky, that should solve the problem.
Having said that, QuickBooks error code 6000 can be displayed for both local and network issues. So, upgrading the version might be sufficient for some of these errors, most of which are likely to be local.
The next step would be to test if the error is because of the local or on the network.
Step 1: Rename Transaction Log and Network Descriptor Files
Regardless of the network or local issue, renaming the .TLG and .ND files by appending .OLD to them and reopening the company file will recreate these files again after scanning with QuickBooks Database Server Manager. There is a chance of seeing the 6000 series error if either of these files is corrupted or there is a mismatch between them. Users can continue to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode without losing QuickBooks data once the new files are generated.
Step 2: Confirm If the Issue is With the Network or on the Local
Intuit QuickBooks provides a sample company file on every QuickBooks installation. A simple way to determine if the issue is on the local QuickBooks installation or in the network is to try an open the sample company file. If the file does not open on the local, there is a higher probability that the issue is with the local QuickBooks installation. If it does open, proceed with the diagnostic steps for resolving the network issues.
Step 3: Try a Different File Path
Based on the results in step 2, if you suspect that the issue is on the local, try moving the file to the desktop or another folder with a smaller path to identify if there is an issue with the file path. If that doesn’t work either, it could indicate that the file is damaged, which could be a local issue, or that there is an issue with the network. If the company file is damaged, proceed with the next step.
Step 4: Retrieve the Company File Backup
QuickBooks allows you to save the updates of your work regularly. These backup files are stored as .qbb files which can be saved locally. This .qbb file can be used to create a new .qbw company file. Ensure that the multi-user access is disabled when you do this and the path to the .qbw file is no longer than 25 characters. Use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool to try and recover the lost data if you have confirmed that the QuickBooks file is damaged.
While these steps should be able to resolve local issues, some additional steps need to be performed to identify and resolve network issues.
Step 5: Scan for Network Issues
If you haven’t already run a scan after renaming the .ND and .TLG files, use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tools Hub to troubleshoot network issues. The tool will automatically update the firewall settings and open up blocked ports if those are the issues. It will also help you narrow down the possible errors if the issue cannot be automatically resolved.
Step 6: Open the Local Copy of the File
If you are operating on the multi-user mode with the QuickBooks file hosted on another server, try copying the company file from the networked drive to the local. If the file opens on the desktop, it could be a confirmation of a network issue such as a firewall blocking a port, incorrect setup or file hosting issues.
Step 7: Restart QuickBooks Processes
Some of the 6000 series QuickBooks errors are caused due to issues with the various QuickBooks processes. Force stopping and restarting processes on the server hosting QuickBooks should be able to restore the files. This can be done only by users with admin rights on the server. Specific processes like qbw32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and qbdbmgr.exe have to be terminated and restarted. These executable files are responsible for controlling operations like updating QuickBooks and managing its database. The issue has been resolved if you can open the company file in multi-user mode.
Step 8: Anti-Virus Software Issues or Blocked Ports
Anti-virus software often overrides some settings for security reasons. This could hamper the normal operations of QuickBooks which requires an internet connection. Usually, this is because of the firewall settings of the anti-virus software. QuickBooks requires firewall port 8019 to be open and some anti-virus applications update the internet settings to block them. Updating the anti-virus software settings and restoring internet settings should resolve the issues.
As versatile and robust QuickBooks Desktop is it is still susceptible to several errors. Many of these QuickBooks codes are hard to decipher for novices. Solving QB errors is a challenge in its own right. Considering the number of things that could possibly have gone wrong when users see the QuickBooks error code 6000, the solution is seldom straightforward. On one hand, it could be as trivial as two users trying to access the same company file in a single-user mode, on the other hand, the entire file might have been corrupted and cannot be repaired using the suggested tools. Such hassles can be avoided altogether if you opt for hosted QuickBooks Desktop.
A managed services provider can save you the time and trouble of setting up and maintaining the accounting software. You get 24/7 QuickBooks support via phone, chat, and email from a service provider like Errossolution whose experts deal with these errors and more day in and day out. Contact us today .
QuickBooks Error 6000: While Opening Company File
QuickBooks Error 6000 occurs when you’re trying to open QuickBooks desktop indicating that you are unable to open the company file. Below causes can be a reason of this problem.
1. A firewall is blocking access for the multiple computers
2. TLG file is corrupted
3. QuickBooks installation is corrupted
4. Improper network setup
5. It could be a possibility for a corrupted company file.
There are many more reasons for having this issue in your QuickBooks desktop.
Things to do before fixing Error: 6000
A. Ensure that QuickBooks is up to date – Before you go ahead and diagnose to fix this problem make sure your QuickBooks desktop is running with the latest release. To check that.
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
3. Select the Update Now tab
4. Click Get Updates
5. Once the update is complete click Close and restart QuickBooks
B. Run QuickBooks file doctor – It helps you to fix QuickBooks corrupted file and make it up and running into your computer. You can download this tool from here.
4 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6000
Step 1 – Rename .ND and .TLG files
These are the configuration files that helps the users to access their QuickBooks company files on a network or multi-user platform. This error can be a reason for damage .ND and .TLG files. Renaming these files may help you to solve this problem.
1. Open file explorer (CTRL+E)
2. Click to This PC on the left-hand side
3. Type *.qbw on the top right-hand side corner (in Search this PC)
4. Once you find your company file under the list make a right click and choose the open file location
5. Now you are in your company file location, navigate to your QuickBooks .ND and .TLG files
6. Now add .OLD at the end of yours .ND and .TLG files to rename them
For Example, company_file.qbw.ND.OLD
Now open QuickBooks and see if the problem is resolved. If not, please proceed further with other troubleshooting steps below.
Step 2 – Restore a backup
You can try to restore the company file backup to make your file up and running.
1. Open QuickBooks
2. Go to File > Utilities
3. If Stop hosting Multi-user Access… is showing click on it (see an image below)
4. Now follow on-screen instructions
5. Ensure that your company file location should be less than 210 characters. If your file location is more than the default characters try to make it shorter.
If QuickBooks error code 6000 doesn’t exist anymore that’s great but If still exists, please follow with below steps.
Step 3 – Open a sample Company file
By opening QuickBooks sample file is to analyze that the problem with your company file or software. If QuickBooks sample file does open it means that the problem is going on with the installation setup and needs to be fixed.
1. In the No company open windows
2. Click open a sample file
3. Select any file from the given list (see an image below)
4. If the sample file is open proceed with other step and if not please fix QuickBooks installation files.
Step 4 – Copy file on the desktop
By copying the company file on desktop you’re ensuring that the file location isn’t damaged or not exceeding the file limitation path. If the file is not opening after changing the location it means that file is corrupted or damaged.
1. Open file explorer (CTRL+E)
2. Click to This PC on the left-hand side
3. Type *.qbw on the top right-hand side corner (in Search this PC)
4. Once you find your company file under the list make a right click on it
5. Choose Copy (CTRL+C)
6. Go to your desktop make a right click anywhere and choose Paste (CTRL+V)
7. Click on QuickBooks software while pressing CTRL key from the keyboard and that will prompt you to No Company open Window
8. Click Open or restore an existing company
9. Choose Open a company file and click Next
10. Navigate to Desktop and select your copied file and click
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 308?
QuickBooks accounting software is claimed to be one of the finest accounting software across the globe. It has been preferred by entrepreneurs, in order to smoothly carry out the accounting and bookkeeping activities. There are certain situations when you encounter various errors due to technical snags. One such commonly reported error is QuickBooks error code 6000, 308, which is one from the 6000 series errors. This error indicates that the system having software is not updated to the latest version. Also, as a consequence of the error ode 6000, 308, you will not be able to open the company file successfully. There can be multiple factors that might end up in this error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Many QuickBooks users find it difficult to tackle out this error, considering this we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6000, 308. If you are also looking for the ways to get rid of this annoying error code, then make sure to read the article till the end.
However, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team. Contacting our U.S based certified accounting professionals will help you to get rid of this error without any further hassle.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 308
- Any sort of security software or firewall program blocking the QuickBooks documents.
- Missing company files or essential documents.
- You can also encounter this error, if you tries to change over the company files from an older version over a system.
- Error code 6000, 308 can also be see if there are not enough permissions for the system server, windows client, or QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Any kind of malware or virus in the company file can also end up in this error.
Simple steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000, 308
After you have learnt the causes and other facts related to QuickBooks error code 6000, 308, you can simply carry out the steps listed below:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
The very first thing is to update the QuickBooks program from time to time, in order to avoid various other errors. In case the updates are avoided and the software is not updated on a regular basis, then in that case, the probability to encounter the error in future increases.
Step 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool can be either downloaded directly from the official Intuit website, or you can use it by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub. The steps involved in the process of downloading the file doctor tool directly are as follows:
- Firstly, download the tool from the official website and then run the QBFD.exe file.
- After that ensure that .NET framework is present on the system, if not then the QuickBooks file doctor setup with download it on its own.
- And then carry out the on-screen prompts to install the software.
- Once the tool is installed on your system, open the icon from the desktop and then run it to resolve the bug.
- The tool will automatically diagnose and fix the error.
Step 3: Changing the name of .ND and .TLG files
You can change the name of .ND and .TLG files to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000, 308. The .ND and .TLG files are part of QuickBooks files. They are the configuration files that permit the users to access the company file in a network or multi-user environment. In case these files are corrupted or damaged, you will encounter issues in opening the company file. These files are re-created on its own, when you re-scans with the help of QuickBooks database server manager and also when you open the company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Initially, open the folder that have the company file.
- After that you will have to spot the files with the same file name with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- The next step is to hit a right click on each of the file and then click on rename. You are supposed to add word .OLD at the end of the file name.
- And then open the QuickBooks software and then try to sign in the company file.
- Following the above steps can help in fixing the error.
Step 4: Try to open the company file and save it on your system
After you are done with the above steps, then open the file and save it in the system having QuickBooks installed. Hopefully, this will resolve the error permanently. For this, you need to follow the steps below:
- The first step is to right-click on the desktop screen and then move to the new folder.
- After that, move to the current company file location.
- Followed by right clicking the company file and also choose copy tab.
- The next step is to open the new folder and right click and choose paste tab.
- Now press and hold the Ctrl key and continue pressing Ctrl key till no company open window is on the screen.
- Hit a click on the open or restore an existing company.
- And then, select open a company file and hit next.
- Followed by, moving to the desktop file that was copied in a new folder.
- After that click on open tab.
- And in case the file is still unable to open, then you can proceed to further steps.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557?
Step 5: Opening a sample company file
You can do a testing if the issue is possibly lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application, by opening a sample company file. In case a sample company file doesn’t open and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and should be repaired.
- In the no company open window, you need to select open a sample file and then select any from the list of sample company files.
- Also, in case the sample file opens, then there is an issue with the company file itself. In case the sample file returns the message, then you need to repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Step 6: Download and run QuickBooks database server manager
- At first, you need to download QuickBooks tool hub and move to the downloads.
- After that, under the downloads, click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Next step is to click on yes to allow this app to make changes.
- Once done with that, you are supposed to click on next to install it and also click on yes again to accept the license agreement.
- Now, hit a click on next and then install.
- Next, click on finish when the installation finishes.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub and then under the network issues tab click on QuickBooks database server manager.
Scanning the company file location
- For this, you need to head over to the scan folders tab.
- And also, click on browse and choose the folder storing the company file.
- Lastly, click on ok tab and also click on start scan option.
Step 7: Remove spaced after the company name and before the company file extension
- At first, you need to sign out of QuickBooks desktop from each device.
- And then, open to the folder wherein the company file is kept.
- The next step is to right click on the company file and choose rename.
- Followed by selecting the name of the file, and then check and remove any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company.
- The last step is to open or make a company file.
Related article: Troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code 6150
So, with this we come to the end of this post, where we hope that the information we have shared in above, might help in getting rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 308. If by any chance the error still persists, then feel free to call us at our dedicated helpline number i.e, and discuss the issue with our experts.
Our enterprise experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to fix the error for you. Do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as we work round the clock to provide the best possible support services and assistance to all your accounting problems.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 6000, 83?
Learn the best ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83 in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks accounting software has gained popularity at large in the last few decades, and users from all across the world prefer this accounting software for the features and functionalities it caters. But at the same time, it is an undeniable fact that this accounting software is prone to certain errors. One such commonly seen and reported error is QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. In the last few years, many users have reported that they are encountering an error (-6000, -83) while they are trying to access, restore, or backup the company file. The 6000 series errors can be very much annoying for the users to tackle with, and at the same time they can be very much time consuming.
This article can be of great help for you if your are facing this error on your software. So, read it carefully till the end. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support through our dedicated helpline . Our certified accounting professionals will be happy to fix the error for you.
Related article: What is QuickBooks error 3371: status code 11118?
What is QuickBooks error code 6000, 83?
QuickBooks error code 6000, 83 comes under the -6000 series errors. This error can often cause severe damage to the company file and the system as well. The error appears with an error message stating:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tries to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, 83)”.
You shouldn’t avoid this error code, as it might also cause a huge data damage. Thus, in order to avoid any further mess, You need to fix the bug as soon as possible. Keeping all those factors in mind, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes, symptoms, quick fixes, and various other facts related to QuickBooks error code -6000, -83.
How QuickBooks error 6000 83 is actually caused?
You might encounter this annoying error due to multiple factors, a few which are enlisted below:
- In case some QuickBooks files are missing.
- Or if the permissions for the network server are less than the sufficient amount.
- Insufficient permissions for windows user.
- Also, if there are not proper permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX, you might encounter this error.
- Another situation can be when the files are being blocked by the firewall or any security software.
- You are trying to convert the company file from an earlier version over a network.
- There might be a damaged company file.
- Hosting mode is open in more than one system.
- Windows version is not US or Canadian one.
What are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 6000 83?
There can be certain signs and symptoms that can be followed by you to identify the QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. A few of which are:
- QuickBooks error code itself appears on the screen, while crashing the active program window.
- Or the error message repeatedly displays on the screen.
- System or QuickBooks desktop freezes periodically.
- The windows operating system run slowly and do not respond to the mouse and keyboard inputs.
Steps to Get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 83
There can be multiple methods that one can apply for, in order to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. We will be exploring each of the methods one by one. Let us begin:
Method 1: Editing and optimizing windows hosts file
You are required to have admin rights, in order to access the server and systems that connect to the same. This will ultimately help you in editing the windows hosts file. However, if the company file is stored on a Linux server and the QuickBooks error 6000 83 is encountered while opening the file, you will have to carry out the steps below:
Step 1: Initially, configure the Linux database server manager
- You will first have to configure the Linux database server manager to specify the directory in the Initord.conf file. After that, reboot the QuickBooks solution application on the windows client and then ping the server.
- After that edit the hosts file.
Step 2: In this step configure the host file
You might encounter the error while creating a backup, in such a case the steps to be followed are:
- Crafting a new folder on the root of the C drive.
- And then taking the backup of the company file manually and saving it in the above created folder.
- Open Windows Start menu on one of the systems connected to the network.
- Followed by typing in CMD in the search bar and then opening command.
- Also type Ping with the server name in the window and then hit Enter key.
- Jot down the server name and then the IP address as well.
After that, you are supposed to edit the host files and make sure that all the systems connected to the server are having the proper IP address and Linux server name. And then begin with the system encountering the bug.
- Close QuickBooks on all the systems that are connected to the network. Also, move to the file menu and then click on Quit QuickBooks desktop option.
- Open windows start menu.
- Type in file explorer and then open the same.
- Select my computer tab, which might also appear as THIS PC.
- Open C Drive and also open windows folder.
- And then find the system32 folder and then open the driver folder and also the ETC folder.
- Moving ahead, hit a right click on the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and open it with the notepad.
- Move to the bottom file and then add the Linux server IP address at the end of the text. Also, press the TAB key and add the same. Ensure to enter name with correct case, as the Linux system files can be a sensitive case.
- End the process by selecting the file and then saving it.
Step 3: Restore company file
If by any chance the error appeared when you were trying to restore the company file, then in that case. The steps to be followed are:
- Authenticating the extension of the company file.
- You are supposed to check whether the restored company file is having .qbw extension or not. If not, then you will have to modify the file extension to qbw.
- Also, ensure that there is no problem with the company file.
Example: Verifying that the file name and the file path are not causing QuickBooks error 6000 83.
It should be noted that QuickBooks considers the entire File name and the path when the backup is being taken back. Moreover, you need to ensure that there are no special characters in the file name and the file path.
Such as: C:\Users\Alex\My Documents\QuickBooksData\Alex123.qbw and not, C:\ Users\Alex\Alex’s Documents\QuickBooksData\Alex$.qbw
In this, Alex’s and Alex$ should be changed, as they have special characters, which is not permitted.
Method 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
You can simply download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website and then run it to resolve the bug. The tool can either be used via QuickBooks tool hub or can be downloaded directly. Below, we will be discussing the steps to be followed in case of QuickBooks tool hub:
- At first, you are required to download the QuickBooks tool hub and after the download process comes to end, select the company file issues tab.
- After that, select the run QuickBooks file doctor option, from the company file issues tab.
- The tool might take a few moments to open up.
- In the file doctor tool, click on browser to choose the damaged company file name.
- And then select the check your file option and also hit continue.
- The next step is to enter the credentials and hit next option.
- The process might take some time depending upon the file size.
- Once the scan process completes, the bug will be resolved on its own and you are good to go.
Method 3: Checking the name of the backup file
In order to avoid any kind of hassle, you are supposed to remove all sorts of signs, symbols, and special characters in the name. The steps to be followed are:
- Open windows start menu.
- And then type file explorer and then open the same.
- After that look for the folder having the company file and then open the same.
- The next step is to click on the file with .qbb extensions.
- And then, select the rename option.
- Once done with that, delete any kind of special or unwanted characters from the file name.
- And then right click the folder and select rename option.
- Remove the special characters from here as well.
- And lastly restore the company file.
Method 4: Turning of hosting mode on your workstations
If the company file is hosted over a network, then it is important to turn off the host multi-user access option. The server system is supposed to be the only one to host the files. Steps that you need to follow in this process are:
- Open QuickBooks on one of the workstations.
- Do not open the company file, and select the file menu and move to the utilities option.
- Do not select the host multi-user access option and move to the next station.
- Hit a click on stop hosting multi-user access option, if visible.
- And end the process by carrying out the same process for each of the system.
Method 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
For this particular method, you need to carry out the steps below and try to fix the issue.
- The very first step is to login as the admin on the server system.
- And then, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to bring up the task manager.
- Next, show processes for all the users by selecting the users tab.
- Also, highlight the QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) and then select the end task.
- After that, open the company file in multi-user mode.
- And check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 6: Fixing QuickBooks error 6000 83 manually
- The very first step in the manual process is to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- And then, configure/modify the settings of the firewall.
- And then edit the permissions, only if required.
- The next step is to authenticate the hosting mode on the server system with QuickBooks database server manager. Also the hosting should be turned off for other PCs.
- Make sure that the QBSBMgrN.exe file is present under the task manager. Also authenticate whether the value in the users name column is correct.
- Now, open QuickBooks company file in the host system. Also, copy the files to the windows desktop. And then open the QuickBooks and the company that are copied. If the error persists, fix it with restoring the backup by using QuickBooks auto data recovery ADR.
- If the company file opens up with no error, copy the company file back to its original place. And also rename them before copying.
- The last step in this process is to open QuickBooks and company file, to check if the error persists.
With this we come to the end of this post, where we hope that the information we have mentioned above, might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. Moreover, you can also consult with our QuickBooks enterprise support team, if in case you need expert assistance or you are unable to deal with this error.
Do not hesitate in talking to our professionals and discussing the issue with them, as they will be happy to help you and guide you through this annoying bug. Call us today !
Best Way to Resolve, Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80
QuickBooks error 6000 80 arises when a user tries to open, restore, or backup a company file and fails for some reasons. The error typically occurs when QuickBooks fails to communicate with a company file located on the network. Error 6000 80 falls under the 6000 series of errors in the application which is generally related to the company file issues in the application. When the error takes place, it ceases the task in-progress with QuickBooks error message_6000 80. The error code suggests that an error has occurred while opening the company file, and the software needs to be closed. Various reasons can evoke the QuickBooks error_6000 80, we will discuss in this blog along with their troubleshooting solutions.
What Evokes the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80?
Error code 6000 80 in QuickBooks can be triggered by the following reasons while accessing a company file.
- When the installation of QuickBooks is corrupted or incomplete
- A possible damage in the QuickBooks company (.QBW) file can trigger QuickBooks error_6000 80
- When the data file is restored or converted over a network instead of local storage
- Your server may lack the proper authorization to access the financial records
- QuickBooks not able to communicate with the file located on the Host or Server computer
- If the file you are trying to access is too large, QuickBooks error_6000 80 may take place.
What Are the Main Effects of QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80?
QuickBooks error message code_6000 80 has several after-effects when you see it on your screen-
- You will see an error message with code 6000 80 on your screen
- You may not be able to check your financial records
- Technical-distress of resolving the error code in order to access your data file
- Potential risk of data loss while resolving the problem
If you want a hassle-free resolution service for error: 6000 80, dial (855)-526-5749 to reach our QuickBooks error support experts.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
QuickBooks error 6000 80 can arise both in single-user and multi-user mode. Due to having several common reasons among the two, you may get puzzled while resolving the error. Below are some of the most effective solutions for you to rectify error code_6000 80 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Make Use Of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an important utility that can detect and fix all the common data damages. You can download the tool from Intuit’s official website. Once installed, running the tool fixes damage in the data file, and if it detects no error, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Copy Files to Local C Drive
In this method, you need to copy your data files to the local hard drive storage and then start with the troubleshooting steps-
- Copy QuickBooks Company (.QBW) file, or QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) File to the local C drive
- Now, try to restore the backup or update the QuickBooks company file
- When the issue is resolved, copy the file you have restored/updated back to its original location
Solution 3: Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Manually
Since there are multifaceted reasons behind QuickBooks error_6000 80, you need to troubleshoot one after the other manually.
- Make sure that you have proper permissions to access a company file
- Scan the company files to find and fix the data damages
- Open the company file on your Desktop to check if the location of the company file is damaged
- Try to open a different file to verify if the damage exists within the company file
- Verify the hosting on your computers
- Check for the discrepancies between the QuickBooks Desktop file and firewall to resolve the QuickBooks error_6000 80.
The solutions mentioned in the blog can effectively resolve the Intuit QB error code 6000 80. To get fast technical relief from QuickBooks error_6000 80, you can dial our QuickBooks error support phone number.
Quickbooks Error -6000 -80
What is QuickBooks Error -6000 -80?
“QuickBooks Error -6000 -80 is commonly reported error in the QB pro version 2011. The error occurs while attempting to access the company files. Due to this error the software restricts access to the user and workflow of the business is interfered”
How is the QuickBooks Error -6000 -80 caused?
The most common reasons for the cause of the error are as follow:
- 1. Company data conversion over internet connectivity
- 2. While double clicking on the data file icon or the data file name
- 3. Chances of damage company files
- 4. Some computers act as a host for the QuickBooks Desktop data file.
- 5. Multiple users for the company data files
- 6. Inactive server connection
On the QuickBooks Enterprise version there is some multiuser issue in the Error -6000 -80, So before touching anything you have to contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support number.
Solutions of Quick Books Errors 6000 80?
Scenario 1: When you face the error double clicking on the company file icon
- ● If you face this error in this scenario, go to (-6000, -80) when you double-click a company file.
Scenario 2: Update your workstations and your server to fresh release
- ● Even after the latest release update the error continues follow to the next step.
- ● Visit the update to the latest release page
Scenario 3: Use the tool – QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
- ● Download, install and run the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
- ● QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor will indicate if there is no problem, try the next step.
Scenario 4: Copy the file to the local C drive.
- ● Copy the backup file (.QBB file extension) or the company file (.QBW file extension) to your local hard drive.
- ● Fix the backup or update the company file.
- ● Copy the restored or updated company file back to its previous location.
Scenario 5: Manually Resolve Error (-6000, -80)
- 1. Configure QuickBooks Desktop files for firewall or security software
- 2. Check permissions to access the company file
- 3. Scan the company files
- 4. Verify hosting on your computers
- 5. Open the company file and check for damage from a different location
Technical Help & Support for Intuit Error -6000 -80
If the above mentioned solutions continues the QB error 6000 80 you can opt for a reliable QuickBooks Support consulting agency. Accountspro is one such company that helps to resolves the issues with your accounting software. The expert professionals roofed here are Intuit certified ProAdvisors who are approachable. They assure complete resolution in a minimum TAT (turn-around time). Dial the 24×7 active at toll free number and resolve your issues instantly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
QuickBooks Error 6000 83 occurs when a user tries to open, back up, or restore a company file. On the screen, a message will appear that an error has occurred when QuickBooks accounting software tried to access the QuickBooks company file.
What causes QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
The following can lead to QuickBooks Error 83-
- Some QuickBooks files are missing.
- Permissions for the network server are insufficient.
- Windows user has insufficient permissions.
- Permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX are insufficient.
- You are converting QuickBooks company file from an earlier version over a network.
- QuickBooks files are being blocked by a firewall or any other security software.
- Shared folder or company file is damaged.
- .qbm or .qbw.adr may be the file extension.
- Hosting mode is open in more than one computer.
- Windows version is neither US version nor Canadian version. Windows Regional Language Settings have been set to other than the English language.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
There are different solutions available. The task that you were performing in QuickBooks when the error occurred will decide which solution will work for you.
If you were opening a company file stored on Windows Server, try solutions one to four given below.
1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the Intuit website and run it. Check whether error 6000 83 QuickBooks is fixed.
2. Turn off hosting mode on all user computers
Go to File in QuickBooks, then Utilities and stop hosting mode. This should be done on all computers except one that hosts the company file.
3. Fix QuickBooks error 6000 83 manually
If QuickBooks File Doctor is unable to run successfully on your PC, you have to manually fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 83. Follow these steps –
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Change settings of your firewall software so that QuickBooks files can be accessed over the internet.
- Edit the permissions, if required, so that company files can be shared.
- Create the Network Descriptor (.nd) file by scanning the folder storing the company file.
- Verify that hosting mode is on only on the server computer with QuickBooks Database Server Manager For other computers, hosting should be off.
- Under the Task Manager on the server, make sure QBDBMgrN.exe is present on the list. Check whether the value in the User Name column in the QBDBMgrN.exe row is correct.
- Open the QuickBooks company file from the computer that is serving as the host. Copy file to your Windows desktop. Open QuickBooks Desktop. Now, open the company file copied on your desktop. If QuickBooks error 6000 83 is still appearing, company file might be damaged. You can remedy this by restoring backup company file, using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to recover data, or by sending your company file to Intuit’s data recovery team.
- In case the company file gets opened without any error, you have to copy the company file back to the file’s original location. Before copying back the company file from desktop, you must rename the company file in the original location. Make sure that you have not pasted over the company file in the original location.
- Open your QuickBooks and then open the company file. Check if QuickBooks 6000 83 error is appearing.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
4. Edit Windows hosts file
To edit Windows hosts file, you require administrator access to the server and computers that connect to it.
If your company file is stored on a Linux server and QuickBooks error 6000 83 appears when you try to open the file, try the following solutions –
- Configure the Linux Database Server Manager to specify the directory in theInitord.conf file. After you have specified the directory, on the Windows client, restart the QB Enterprise Solutions application. Now, ping the server.
- Edit hosts file.
If you were creating a backup when QuickBooks error 6000 83 appeared, follow these two steps –
- On the root of the C drive, make a new folder.
- Backup your company file manually and save the backup into the new folder created in the above step.
If you were restoring your company file when the QuickBooks error 6000 83 occurred, try these solutions –
- Verify the extension of the company file
Check whether restored company file has a .qbw extension. If a file with .adr or .qbm extension gets created after running the backup process, change the file extension to .qbw.
- Ensure there are no issues with file name and path
Special characters like a dollar sign ($) and quotation mark (‘) should not be present in the file name. Also, the file path should not be very long.
If the backup is required to be restored on a network location, first of all, restore it to your PC. Then, you should copy the company file restored on your PC to the network location. Now, open the file to see if QuickBooks error 83 is resolved.