Learn the process to resolve QuickBooks error code -6000 and related errors.
Just like every good software QuickBooks is also prone to few technical snags. QuickBooks Error Code -6000 (and others) are reported by many QB users in community forums. The user might encounter error -6000, while opening the company file. Just because of this error, the user will not be able to open or access the company file and the entire work will certainly stop.
Note: It is recommended to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 immediately to precede work on QuickBooks.
The following error message will certainly get displayed on the screen when Error code 6000 takes place.
Error -6000 occurred, when opening a company file. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
When the user makes an attempt to open the company file, he/she would instantly get QuickBooks error -6000 XXXX, as well as there might occur an issue in opening up the company file. This error is adhered to by 4 numbers and also presents an error message showing that the user is unable to open the company file. When you face such type of errors in QuickBooks, the first point to do is not to be panic. As our QuickBooks Enterprise support team is here to fix your all errors related to your accounting software.
Read Also: How to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop?
Know the QuickBooks Error code 6000 and Others
The following table are the different -6000 series errors that the user might encounter on QB software:
|-6176, 0||Firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|-6000, -832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error happens when opening up the file in your locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (. QBB).|
You may also like:What is QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Possible Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000
Below we have listed the symptoms and signs that can help the user to identify the QuickBooks error 6000 and others. Check them out one by one:
- Error 6000 is displayed with the error message.
- System crashes again and again with Error message 6000.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds very slow to mouse or key-board inputs.
- And lastly, if the system freezes repeatedly.
What leads to Error 6000 in QuickBooks?
There are a couple of factors that might cause this error. We have listed some of the most common factors leading to this annoying error below. Let us have a look:
- The very first reason can be, firewall or other security programs blocking the internet connection.
- Or if the file present in QuickBooks is damaged.
- QuickBooks installation is not completed successfully.
- Network connection on the system has been incorrectly configured.
- Company file is damaged or corrupted, then this type of issues can be seen.
- .TLG file got corrupted
- It can also be seen when the user tries to restore a previous backup of the files
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 (and others)
In order to fix the QuickBooks error code -6000, the user will have to analyze certain conditions. We have jotted down the conditions, as well as the methods to fix the issue. Thus, follow the instructions given below to resolve the error -6000manually:-
Condition 1: You are opening the file locally
The very first condition is if the user opens a company file locally on the same system where the QuickBooks accounting software is being set up.
Method 1: Restore a backup
Since the company file did not open even when it had been moved to another location, it is required to restore a backup copy of your company file to check if the problem is with the present employer file (.QBW).
The user can follow the steps below, in case an error is seen while restoring the backup process:
- First of all, the user needs to verify that the system is not hosting.
- For this, the user needs to Open the company file.
- And then, In the “File” menu, choose the “Utilities” tab.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is listed:
- The user is required to choose the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ icon.
- And then visit “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” window, then hit onto the “Yes” icon.
- Followed by, In the company file has to be closed window, and then click on the “Yes” icon.
- The user is also required to make sure the path to your company file is no more than 210 characters.
- For this, visit to the location of your company file.
- And then, copy the path from the address bar at the top.
- Now, paste it on your notepad and count the character including the spaces.
- The last step in this process is to retry restoring the company file.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks Error 12029?
Method 2: Renaming the .ND and .TLG data file
The .ND and .TLG files become an essential part of QB files. These are setup files that access the QuickBooks to a company file in a network or multi-user mode.
In case the .ND and .TLG files get damaged or corrupted, the user will encounter these errors when he/she opens up QuickBooks file. Renaming these files will certainly not hamper the QuickBooks data. These files are immediately re-created, when the user scans using the QuickBooks database server manager and also at the time of opening the company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Now, spot the files with the same file name as your company files that has the extensions .ND and.TLG.
- The next step in the process is to right-click on each file as well as choose the Rename option. The user is also required to add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Instance: company_file. qbw.nd.OLD
- The last step in this process is to open your QuickBooks again and then try to login into your company file.
Method 3: Open an sample company file
The next method in this process is to open a sample company file. By opening up a sample company file, you are checking if the trouble potentially exists with your company file or the QB application. If an sample company file does closed and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and also need to be fixed.
- In the No company file window appears, you need to choose the Open a Sample File and then choose any type of from the listing of sample company files.
Condition 2: You are opening up the file over the network
Now comes the second condition, where the user will be opening up the file over the network. This means you are opening up the company file saved on the web server or another computer system.
Method 1: Open up/Access the QB company file locally
By opening up the file locally, you are examining if there is a trouble with the area of the QB company file. If the file opens up while it is reduced the desktop, it implies the area is possibly damaged or it is “too deep”, it went beyond the file system path restriction. If the file still did not open after transforming its location, it is possible the file is damaged.
- The very first step is to open/Access the folder which contains the QB company file.
- And then, locate the file with the .QBW extension.
- The next step is to right-click on the desired file, then choose the “Copy” icon.
- At the desktop, the user is supposed to right-click on the desktop, and then click on the “Paste” icon.
- While holding down the control key, make sure tp open QuickBooks so you are guided to the “No Company Open” home window.
- Now, select the “Open or restore an existing company” tab. Followed by, browsing to the desktop computer, and look for the QB company file you copied as well as open.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 99001?
Method 2: Inspect if Hosting is activated, on all workstation
Then comes the second method in this condition, where the user is supposed to inspect if the hosting is activated on all workstation.
- In this process, the user needs to press the “F2” key. The Item Info window opens up.
- And then locate the ‘Local Web Server’ Details. Hosting should be turned off.
- This might resolve the issue up to certain extent
Method 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG files as well as restart/rescan the Database server Manager
The .ND and .TLG files belong to the QuickBooks files. These are configured files that allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user mode.
If these files are damaged or harmed, you will certainly run into these errors when you open your QB files. Renaming these data will not trigger you to lose QuickBooks data. These files are immediately recreated when you rescan making use of the QuickBooks database server manager tool as well as when you open your company file.
- Firstly, open the folder that contains your company file.
- Now search for the the files with the exact same file name as your company files yet with extensions .ND and .TLG files.
- Next, Give a right-click on each file.
- After that choose Rename option.
- Finally add the word OLD at the end of each file name.
The purpose of QuickBooks database server manager is to hold your QB company files. It is best to restart the DBSM as well as re-scan the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG data/files.
- First of all you need to restart the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” tool, and then re-scan the company file.
- After that Click on the “Start” button => “All Programs” => “QuickBooks” icon => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” tool icon.
- Next, hit onto the “Scan folder” tab.
- Now click on the “Add folder” tab (if no folders exist). Or else, highlight the folder with the data, after that press the “Check” button.
- Verify that the company file(s) concerned shows in the bottom box with heading “QuickBooks company files located”.
- After that try to open up the file once again.
- To end the process, Open QuickBooks once again and also attempt to login to your company file.
Method 4: Open a sample company files in the location set up on a workstation
By opening a sample company file, the user needs to test if the trouble potentially lies with the company file or the QB application. If an example company file does not open and instead returns an error, it is a sign that the QuickBooks installation is having an error and also must be fixed.
- In the “No Company Open” window, the user needs to select “Open a Sample File” tab, and then click on the ‘sample company file’ list.
- In case the sample file opens up, continue with the another solution. If the sample file returns the very same warning error message, fix the QuickBooks installation.
Related post: How to solve QuickBooks Error 3371?
Method 5: Close all running tasks
The user can also close all the running tabs, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 6000. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to sign in as the ‘Administrator on the server’ computer system.
- And then, press the “Ctrl+ Change+ Esc” keys simultaneously to raise the task manager.
- After that, show processes for all users by opting for the “Users” tab.
- Now, the user is supposed to highlight each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and also QBDBMgr.exe), after that opt for End Job.
- The last step is to open the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 6: Set-up firewall program ports as well as Anti-Virus Software
In case the above method failed to work for you, then you can set up the firewall program ports as well as the antivirus software. The user might also come across errors if the firewall software, as well as anti-virus program blocks accessibility to specific QB programs or files. It is the best option to configure your firewall ports and also to establish an exemption to your anti-virus software.
Method 7: Use UNC path instead of a mapped device
This is the last method that one can opt for in order to resolve this issue. In this method, the user needs to use the UNC path instead of a mapped device. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The first step is to right click the “QuickBooks icon“.
- And then, press “Ctrl key” and then click on “Run as administrator” option.
- After that, the user is supposed to hold the “Ctrl key” until the “No Company Open Window” appears on the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on “Restore Company“, from the “File menu“.
- The next step in the process is to select “Open a company file” and then hit “Next“.
- Now, click on “Network” and in the left pane and move to the location of the company file.
- If the user is unable to look for folder, where the company file was saved, then “set folders permission“.
- The last step is to select company file and hit “Open“.
We conclude the article here with the hope that this technical article would be very helpful for you..! In case, the user wants instant support for the same error code 6000 – he/she can freely contact the certified experts & technicians at their toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.
We are a technically sound QuickBooks support team, who work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance to all QB users across the globe. So, do not hesitate in giving us a call anytime.
Getting Rid of QuickBooks Error 6000
Owing to multiple platforms available today, the installation of the software might get interrupted due to some or the other issue. So here is when there is some error. QuickBooks helps the user resolve any error by mentioning the error code. This is way useful as the firm groups every possible error with a code. The code signifies the symptoms, possible reasons and for effects of the error.
One such QuickBooks Error 6000 followed by a group of three to a four-digit number. The complete seven or eight-digit code will pertain to an error. This is usually related to the incomplete or some issue regarding the installation of the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
QuickBooks Error 6000 is a common error that could occur when you are trying to open a company file. There are a number of different errors that might occur, all pertaining to the 6000 series. Some of the QuickBooks 6000 series error are 6000 83, 6000 80, 6000 77, 6000 301, and 6000 832. They could be caused by various reasons including:
- Your firewall is blocking the connection.
- Your .TLG file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation file for is corrupted.
- The network connection on your system has been incorrectly configured.
- There are multiple users logged into the same company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 could also occur when you are trying to restore a previous backup of your files.
- The company file could be damaged in some way.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000
The different solutions required to solve QuickBooks Error Code 6000:
Solution 1: Restore a backup
You can restore a backup copy of your file to make sure that it works well as new. You can easily accomplish it with these steps:
- Open the company file.
- Click on the File
- Select the Utilities
- In case the Stop Hosting Multi-user access is on the list, then you should click on
- Also, edit your company file name to include less than 210 characters long. Try and incorporate a name that only displays the important details, and nothing else.
Solution 2: Configure your firewall and your Anti-virus software.
- Open your QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Find the port monitor tab, and find the QuickBooks version.
- Make sure you note the Firewall port number.
- Open your Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Right-click on the inbounds option, and select the option for New Rule.
- Click on Port.
- Click next.
Solution 3: Try to open the company file into another location.
You can do this by copying the file onto Desktop or some location other than the previous one. You could also move in the local or network drive. This would surely help you in knowing the status of QuickBooks Error -6000.
Solution 4: Rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- Open the company file location.
- Find the company file you are trying to fix.
- Now, of the same name, find the files with the .ND and the .TLG extensions.
- Right-click them and change the extensions.
- Make sure that the file extensions have the word .OLD at the end of them.
- Reopen QuickBooks and log in. This should have fixed the issue.
The best part of using QuickBooks is their ever-ready, If experiencing same error “QuickBooks Error 6000” again, instantly connect at QuickBooks Error Help Desk Number +1-888-300-3913 and speak to certified tech experts (24×7 available).
QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Codes Meaning and Solutions
QuickBooks is the one most prominent and widely used accounting software suitable for all small and medium sized business. Though being the vivid software, technical glitches are equally prominent with the same. And, amongst all QuickBooks related issues and error codes, the error which do not let you to perform any tasks is known to be as QuickBooks Error 6000, which is considered to be the most chronic one. This usually arises when you try to open QuickBooks Company File. The worst part is that there are QuickBooks Error 6000 Series containing various other minor and major codes you may encounter anytime whenever attempting company files to open. Here, we are going to discuss separately about the series codes, its reasons and possible solutions. So, keep your eyes feast over here!
Possible Reasons to Appear QuickBooks Error 6000
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 is usually caused by several different factors. Check out the list noted below:
- Corruption of TLG file
- QuickBooks installation file may get corrupted and hence throws such an error
- A firewall is blocking the connection
- It arises due to damaged company file
- If multiple users logged in the same company file, then also such an error receive while opening QB company file.
- Incorrectly configuration of network settings can also lead to QuickBooks Error 6000.
Desired Instructions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
Go through the guidelines instructed underneath to get Error 6000 QuickBooks problem fixed in a short while:
- First of all you have to restore a backup file
- Next, configure the firewall settings and antivirus program correctly
- Then after you can also open the company file into another location
- At the end, rename the .ND and .TLG files
If none of the above guidelines effective for resolving QuickBooks Error Code 6000, then don’t feel blue! Just take instant QuickBooks Help from well-qualified tech geeks.
Different QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Codes
QuickBooks Error 6000 is actually rare problem and it has also various different 6000 series of error codes. They occur due to divergence of QuickBooks company file with Operating System Platform. All of these variations of the same error code are having the one common reason, that it appears when the user attempts to open the company file using QuickBooks. Here, we categories the series of QB 6000 error code. Let’s have a glimpse!
1. QuickBooks Error 6000 83:
When the user try to access the company file but unfortunately fails to open, then there is a high chance for the appearance of QuickBooks Error 6000 83.
Major Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6000 83
- Due to incomplete or inappropriate installation of QB application
- Because of Corrupt or damage (.QBW) file
- The folder in which you have saved the company file might get damaged
- Your server might not be giving the permission to access the company file
Desirable Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
- Check the extension of your company file and ensure that it is (.QBW) but, in case, if it is not that, change it accordingly. Changing the extension file will surely help you in accessing the Company File. If yet you can’t open the file, despite pulling your hair check if there is any problem with the file path and quick solve it.
- If you notice the same error code at the time of data backup, you can create a manual backup of the data while saving it in the C Drive.
- In case, if the company file is setup and installed in more than one operating system, it is quite essential to configure the file at least once. And then try to open your QB Company File.
2. QuickBooks Error 6000 80:
While attempting to open the company file from the server, and the file may refuse to be accessed, and then getting QuickBooks Error 6000 80. Again, it could happen due to several reasons. In the given list you will see.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Appears:
- Corrupted Company File
- There might be the conversion of the data from the company file
- When more than one computer is hosting simultaneously
- Connection lost or no network cause such issue
Effective Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80
- Update the server to its upgraded version and then try to access your QB Company file.
- Restore the company file to a local drive for the backup.
- You need to update the company file after completing the file restoration process.
- Take immediate QuickBooks Help
3. QuickBooks Error 6000 77:
You won’t be able to access your company file on operating device when you experience QuickBooks Error 6000 77. This happens mostly time when the file you are trying to open is corrupt or damaged. Apart from this, many more causes to this problem. Let’s give a glance.
Actual Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- You can experience this problem when the company file is stored on the external storage device
- Communication problem while opening the file in the multi-user mode
- Wrong folder permission
- QuickBooks file gets damaged or corrupted
Troubleshooting Guide to Annihilate QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- If the file is saved in the external storage, then instantly move it to the internal storage or local network drive to make the file accessible without any hindrance.
- If the QB file is referenced a mapped drive, then it is strongly required to change the settings correctly. Follow the given steps to change it without any effort:
- Go to “Settings” tab first
- Choose “Right Server”
- Click “Open to Restore Company”
- Select “Open a company file”
- Click “Network Places”
- Click “Entire Network”
- Choose the server where you have earlier saved the company file
- Restart your QB software
- Open the Company File now. This time you may not experience QuickBooks Error 6000 77 or it gets resolved from the root.
Obtain One-Stop QuickBooks Customer Support for QB Errors
In the afore-mentioned guide we compile various others QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Codes that mostly users face while opening the QB company file. Complete resolution method is noted here. If you seriously have gone through them in an appropriate manner, you can fix your problem, for sure. However, don’t get frustrated if the same error still persists, as we are offering QuickBooks Customer Support for your convenience. So, acquire the support services at an affordable cost and dissolve your annoying QB related error code in a short span of time.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 (When Opening a Company File)
QuickBooks is an accounting software program established by Intuit. It is widely used for a small, medium or a large-scale sized business. The good thing about the QuickBooks is that it comes with various advanced features which gives easy way to manage the accounting. This reduces our work stress and help to complete overloaded work in just a few minutes.
No matter how good is this software, it is also prone to errors sometimes. From the past years, few QB users reported that they are facing few of technical errors while using QuickBooks. These errors can occur when a user try to access or open the company file.
In this blog, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 6000 and others. Also, understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. However, you can also get instant help from well-qualified accounting experts of QuickBooks enterprise support team. All you need to dial 1-844-405-0907 to connect with a certified QuickBooks expert.
You might also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935?
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 & Others Explained
When QuickBooks error 6000 and others occurs it displays 3 or 4 more digit errors with the message that indicates it unable to open the company file. The following are the different -6000 series which are the major errors and it makes the file corrupt most of the time:
|Error -6176, 0||Firewall blocks the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||The .TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100|
|A local computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061|
|Incorrect/Inaccurte network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||Wrong folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|Error -6190, 816|
|Any other user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
There can also be a mismatch b/w the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|Error -6144, -304|
|When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|Error -6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file|
If the Windows user account used by QBDM is damaged
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|QB Error -6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
There might be number of possible reasons that can be a reason of occuring the QuickBooks error 6000. Few are as:
- Firewall is blocking QuickBooks files to access.
- .TLG file are damaged or corrupted.
- Installation files of QuickBooks are missing or damaged.
- Multiple users are logged into the same company file.
- You Internet setups are incorrectly configured.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
You can see the examples in the above tables to show that the accounting software can create a real glitch and the business suppose to remain intact. Suppose, if for one day or few hours this accounting software go through breakdown then, there are multiple problem that may comes up which will leads to numerous hassles.
An efficient QuickBooks certified expert can only resolve this issue. At such time, the best way to deal with the situation is to take help from the QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors.
Now, if someone thinks about the thought of getting the errors the QuickBooks is installed and the solution could be found in this possible manner:
Note: Make sure that the QuickBooks application is running at latest updated version. We suggest you to download, install, and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before following the instructions given in the steps below. If you still encounter the same issue even after using the File Doctor tool, then apply the following solutions in the sequence as it is mention.
The QuickBooks error 6000 and others can arise on both local & network setup. Choose the proper setup from the following options to perform the recommended steps correctly.
Condition 1: You are Opening the QuickBooks file locally
It simply implies that you are accessing/opening the QuickBooks Company file that is saved on the same machine where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND & .TLG files:
The .ND and .TLG where the files are part of the QuickBooks which gets installed along with access of files in either a network or the multi-user environment helps in removing the glitches with the software.
If the files get corrupted or damaged along with the errors and opening of the QB files with no such cause to happen where re-scan or using the QuickBooks with the files which automatically gets stored at the QuickBooks database server manager thus making the right backup.
- Firstly, open the folder where the company file stored.
- After that, look for the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Once done with that right click on each file and select Rename option and type OLD at the end of each file name.(For example – company_file.qbw.nd.OLD)
- Finally, Open your QuickBooks again and then try to sign in to your company file.
If still the error persists there, go with the next solution.
Solution 2: Opening a sample company file
Open a sample company files with the testing if the problem lies with the company file along with the QuickBooks application. The sample company file does not open along with the error which indicates that the QuickBooks installation and gets damaged along with getting repaired.
If we understand the QuickBooks along with the installation and damage then the indication of repairing the file could be done in the following ways:
- In the ‘No Company Open’ window, select the “Open a sample file” icon and then choose any form with the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, it proceeds to solution 3 and the sample file returns the same with the error message which is repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks File on the desktop
By copying the file on the desktop and opening it with testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens and it gets saved on the desktop and the location gets probably damaged or it either gets “too deep” and it also exceeds the file system with the path limitation:
If the file still didn’t open after changing it’s location, it is possible the file is damaged. Follow the given steps then:
- Open the folder which contains your company file.
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW.
- Get the right click on the file along with selecting the “Copy” icon. Get on the desktop with the right click & getting anywhere on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” option.
- While holding down the control key, along with opening QuickBooks so you gets directed to the “No Company” no open window.
- Click the “Open” icon or the restore along with the existing company. It is just a navigating on the desktop along with the company file when it gets copied or left open.
If still you get the same error, follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Restore a backup
If the company file did not open even when it was moved to a different location, then a person can restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the current company file (.QBW).
If you are experiencing trouble while restoring the backup follow the given steps below:
- First of all ensure that your computer is not hosting.
- Open company file.
- Find the file with the “Menu” option; choose the “utilities” tab.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is listed:
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” option.
- In the Stop hosting multi-user access windows, select the “YES” tab.
- In the company file must be closed windows, click the “YES” tab.
- Make sure the path to the company file and is no more than 210 characters long:
- Go to the location of the company file.
- From the top, copy the path from the address bar.
- Paste it on the notepad and count the character including the spaces. (For example: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2018\Sample_company_file.qbw is 125 characters.)
- Retry the company file restoration.
Go for the next solution if the error still remains there.
Solution 5: Use ADR tool to restore the backup
If the company file is damaged, it is recommended to recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Condition 2: You are opening the file over the network
If the error code 6000 occurs on server this means you are opening the company file saved on the server or another computer.
Solution 1: Check if Hosting is turned on, on all workstation
Check if the hosting is turned on, on all the workstation along with ideal recommendation to have one PC/Server to host the company files.
- Firstly, Press the “F2” key to open the Product Information window.
- Now find the Local Server Information. (Note: The hosting should get turned off.)
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
The .ND and .TLG files belong to your QuickBooks data. These are configuration data files that enable QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user setting.
If these data are corrupted or damaged, you will certainly experience these errors when you open your QuickBooks data files. Renaming these files will not cause you to lose QB files. These files are automatically re-created when you are-scan using the QuickBooks database server manager and when you open your company file.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Also, finding the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG gives the company a better way to search the file.
- Getting the Right-click each file, and then there is a process to select rename.
- Adding the word OLD at the end of each file name. For Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Restart or re-scan the database server manager
The purpose of Database Server Manager is to host your QuickBooks company files. It is best to restart the DBSM and also re-scan the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- You need to Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool, and then re-scan the QB company file.
- Go to the “Start” and then click “All Programs” icon => “QuickBooks” icon => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” (QBDSM).
- After which select the “Scan folders” tab.
- Then, click on the “Add folder” tab (if no folders are present). Otw highlighting the folder with the files, and then there is a need to select Scan.
- Confirming that the company files in question shows in the bottom box which is about heading “QuickBooks Company files” found.
- Also, there is a need to ‘Try to open the file again’.
- Open the QuickBooks once more and try to sign in just to get the company file.
Solution 3: Open the company file locally
There is a need to ‘Open the company file locally’. Also, the opening the file locally, you are also testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If one of the file opens while then it is saved on the desktop, and it means the location is probably damaged or it is “too deep”.
If it is exceeded with the file system which has the path limitation and if it still does not open after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged.
- Firstly open the folder that contains your company file.
- With the extension of .QBW, one can find the QB file.
- Right-click on the QB file, then select the “Copy” icon after performing right-click on the QB file.
- Getting on to the desktop, one just needs to get the right-click on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” icon.
- Also, getting hold down the control key, along with opening of the QuickBooks so you are directed to the “No Company Open” window.
- There is a need to select the “Open or restore an existing company” option.
- Also, there is a need to move to the desktop, and after which one could find the QB Company file that you copied & open.
Solution 4 Open a Sample Company File Locally Installed on a Workstation
Opening a sample company file which is locally installed on a workstation and then pulling out the details through the QuickBooks data file. Also, opening the sample company file, which one could test and the problem with the possible lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application.
In case a sample company file does not open and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and should be repaired.
- In the “No Company Open” window, select the “Open a Sample File” option, then one can choose from the list of the sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, there is a need to proceed to solution 4.
- If the sample file returns the same error message, repair your QuickBooks installation.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 1712?
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Here you need to login as the Administrator on the server computer.
- Now Press the “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” key simultaneously to bring up the ‘Task Manager’.
- Show the processes for all the users by selecting the “Users” tab.
- Highlight each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then select the “End Task” tab.
- Also, there is a need to open the QB company file in multi-user mode.
If still the error persists, then one can proceed to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
- One can check the folder permission manually so that if one can encounter these errors one could try to rectify them.
- Also, if one can see the folder where the file is saved. It means that it does not have the right permission.
- And then the user is supposed to check the folder permissions to share QB company files.
- Now try to open the QuickBooks file again.
- If one can still get the same error, there is a need to proceed to solution 7.
Solution 7: Configure the Anti-Virus & firewall Software
Configuring the firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software is the best of the ways to get rid of QB errors. Also, one could encounter errors if your firewall and Anti-virus program block access to specific QuickBooks programs or files. In this way one could get the best to configure your firewall ports and also set up an exception to your anti-virus software.
Hopefully, this technical article would be beneficial for you to understand the deepest insight of the QuickBooks error code 6000. However, if you face any further hassle associated with this error code or any other one – you can freely dial our QuickBooks desktop support number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.
Our certified ProAdvisor will look forward to your concern and provide you a feasible solution in no time.