QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is one of the many errors which QuickBooks has come up with. It stands out because this error doesn’t let you perform any task through your main/other computers. Some of the symptoms which can observe include:
- The active program window crashes once QuickBooks Error 6144 appears.
- While running the same program, your PC frequently crashes with QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
- Windows runs sluggishly and counters slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- At times your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds.
- You might also see a different QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 and 6144 82
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks.
- A recent QuickBooks-related change can induce corruption in the Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files due to a virus or malware infection.
- Pernicious deletion of QuickBooks-related QB files caused by some other program.
- If you see QuickBooks Error -6144 -82, then it could point to network issues on your server or your system in particular.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
How to resolve Quickbooks Error 6144?
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6144 82 means ensuring that QuickBooks closed on all computers, antivirus has been disabled, and all the steps are performed on the main computer excluding the last step. Follow these steps in order to resolve the issue:
- Start Services.
- Change Account Type.
- Create a new folder by the name of QB and Provide Read/Write options for all the created folders.
- Copy the Company File in New folder “QuickBooks”.
- Verify that the Company File copied at the preferred location (In order to do this close the folder where you have copied the file and open it again through the same path as used in copying the file.)
- Create Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules
- Similarly “Add Ports” to the new Outbound rules
- Restore Company file on the main computer
- Open the Company File on other Computers (To perform this task, you should know the IP address of the main computer)
- Access Company file from other Computers
Manual procedure implicates performing Step 1 to step 9 on the main computer and following step 1, step 6 and step 10 on all other computers running QuickBooks.
You will have to repeat the same steps without any choice if you have 20 computers running QuickBooks. And this is bound to hinder the normal working.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144?
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 has a slightly different resolution procedure, which is detailed in the following steps:
- Press F2 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to File Information, and find the location of your company file.
- Open the file location.
- Find all the files.ND and .TLG extensions, that share the same name as the company file in question.
- Rename them to add a .OLD at the end of each file extension.
If you are still facing the same issue while working on QuickBooks, Dial QuickBooks Error Help Phone Number +1-888-300-3913 and speak to Certified experts to fix Error code 6144.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code (6144, 82 and 6144, 301)?
Learn how to resolve QuickBooks Error -6144, -301 or Error -6144 , 82 when opening a company file or restoring a backup:
QuickBooks is the most versatile financial management software designed by Intuit. It possesses myriad features that are highly advantageous for its clients. Some of its features are generation of invoice, employee’s payroll, reports, tax filing, and much more. But it has been recognized that several users encounter a frequent error code that is – QuickBooks Error Code 6144. This error is commonly encountered while the user tries to open the company file. This error doesn’t let the user to perform any task through the main or other systems.
Resolving this error will require to close QuickBooks on all system, and disabling the antivirus. It also involves a few of the steps and solutions. In this technical post, we are going to discuss about this specific error code and its solution. However, if you need immediate help of the QuickBooks Error code 6144 82 and Error 6144 301 – you can speak with the technical support team at 1-844-521-0490 for proper guidance.
Related article: Steps to Fix QuickBooks script error like a Pro
Important Points to Remember
Before you begin with the process and also with exploring the various other facts, there are certain points that you can’t afford to miss. Here are few things you need to remember before you begin the solution:-
- It recommended to practice all the steps on the host (server) system except the last step
- Ensure that all the systems are properly shutdown including host & other
- Turn-off the system security software
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6144
There are certain causes to Error code 6144, a few of which are listed below:
- In case the installation of the software is corrupted or incorrect
- Or, the program files related to QuickBooks accounting software have been corrupted due to any kind of Trojan attack.
- In case the company files related to QuickBooks are deleted mistakenly
- Any kind of network issue can also be a valid reason behind the occurrence of this kind of error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6144
The signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 6144 are as follows:
- In case the code itself displays on the screen
- Or if the active program window crashes with QuickBooks error 6144
- The windows run sluggishly
- The system freezes periodically
- Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the system
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6144?
Follow the steps by step manual process to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 as shown below: –
Step 1: Start the QuickBooks Service Option
- The very first step is, in the QuickBooks, go to the “Start” icon and click on the “Services” tab.
- And then, in the “Services” list, click on the “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon.
- Later, verify that the services started and are setup in the ‘Automatic Mode’.
- If it’s not, then verify the “Radio” button and hit onto the “Apply” tab further “OK” icon.
Step 2: Alter the Account Type
- Tap onto the “Start” icon on the keyboard.
- Go to the “Control Panel” tab and choose the “User Account” icon.
- Click on the “Add/Remove User Account” tab.
- Then, click onto the “QBDserviceuser23” icon and modify the account type as per the requirement by verifying “Administrator User” icon.
Step 3: Create the Folders in C Drive
QuickBooks user supposed to create new folder with the name of QB. Afterward, choose “Read/Write” options for all the created folders. Following folders are need to be created on the Drive C:
- Add System
- Add User
Endow Read/Write permission for the entire folders. Later, click on the “Share” icon to share all the entire folders to all the systems.
Step 4: Copy the Company file in New Folder “QB”
It has been observed that files corrupted due to the file size. Thus, it is unable to open on the QuickBooks.
- In the system ‘C Drive’, navigate to the “Users” option =>“Public” icon =>“Public Documents” tab =>“Intuit” icon =>“QuickBooks” icon =>“Company Files” tab. Here, you will see the default location of the Company files.
- Later, copy & paste the QB file in the new folder named as “QB”. Make sure that you do not cut – paste the QB Company file in the folder as it may cause corruption.
Step 5: Setup the Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules
- In the “Firewall” tab, select the “Windows Firewall” option.
- In the “Advanced Settings” tab, go to the “Inbound Rules” icon =>“New Rule” icon =>“Port” icon. Lastly, click on the “Next” icon.
These are the port numbers for different versions:
Step 6: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- Go to the “Programs” list, click on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- In the drop-down list, select the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon. Later, hit onto the “Add Folder” tab.
- In the system C Drive, search & add QuickBooks folder. Later, minimize this tab.
- Finally, click on the “Scan now” icon. This will lead to the scanning process of QuickBooks company file.
Step 7: Restore the QuickBooks Company Files
- On the server computer, open/access the QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Click on the “Open & Restore Company File”.
- Select the QB Company file “Get Back to Business”. Later, choose to open/access the files in the Multi-user mode.
- Confirm that the hosting enabled and go to the “File”. Later, click on the “Utilities” icon.
- Click on the “Stop Hosting multi-user access” option. Finally, the QB Company files will be accessible on the server computer.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82
The steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82 might differ a bit from the steps listed above.
- The user is firstly required to press F2 in QuickBooks desktop
- And then, move to the file information and also find the location of the company file
- Now, open the location
- And also, find the .ND and .TLG files that have the same name as the company file
- Now, rename the files by adding .OLD at the end of each file extension
- This might resolve the issue
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks abort error?
We hope that this technical blog post helped you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144, 82 and 6144, 301. In case, you think that you can follow all these steps accurately as given or it takes a lot of time – you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team without any hesitation. Dial our toll-free helpline number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.
Thanks for spending your valuable time in reading this article. We hope that the information contained in this post might be of some help you.
Don’t Panic! 3 Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
If your network have been set up incorrectly, then you may face QuickBooks error 6144 82. The error appears when a user tries to run QuickBooks Desktop or open a company file. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this error that one can implement by renaming .ND and .TLG files. These are the QuickBooks Network Data and Transaction Log files that contains crucial information about the transactions and configuration on Windows. These files will be created automatically when you’ll re-scan the company file using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Follow the complete article for in-depth details about the reasons that trigger error code 6144 in QuickBooks and quick solutions to rectify it in the shortest time possible.
Why QuickBooks get affected with Error Code 6144 82?
Opening a company file in QuickBooks seems to be a simple operation, but several components works in the background simultaneously to help you open the company file in QuickBooks. If any of these supporting component or service start acting up due to a corruption or damage, QuickBooks start throwing error messages when you open the company file. To get a better picture of what might have triggered QuickBooks error code 6144 82, let’s have a look at the reasons listed below:
- Damage in the QuickBooks installation files like .ND Network Data and .TLG Transaction Log file.
- If the company file name exceeds the limit of 65 characters.
- Company file has been moved to a different folder location.
- General company file corruption and connectivity issues can also trigger 6144 series of errors in QuickBooks.
NOTE: If you are getting the error while accessing the company file stored on cloud storage, then you must consider moving it to the local storage of your workstation or the server. Experts also suggest to backup your company file before troubleshooting to avoid accidental data loss.
As you are now aware of the reasons that can cause QuickBooks error 6144 82, lets jump on to the troubleshooting methods to quickly diagnose the root causes of the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6144,82?
Note:– Your must Update QuickBooks Desktop before troubleshooting the error. Updating the QuickBooks Desktop ensures that your app is free from bugs and loop holes that cause errors to appear while use.
Solution 1: Rename .ND and .TLG Files in QuickBooks Installation Folder
As we have already discussed in the beginning of this article that corruption in the QuickBooks network data and transaction log file is one of the most prominent reason for getting error code 6144 82. Renaming these files will force QuickBooks to create new ones with no corruption which helps resolve the error.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Press F2 Key to get the Product Information window.
- Note down the location of the company file Under the File Information section.
- Go to your company file folder using Windows file explorer.
- Locate the files with .ND and .TLG. extensions having the same file name as your company file. For example :company_file.qbw.nd / company_file.qbw.tlg
- If you can’t see the file extensions, then you will first need to make some changes to the Windows Files and Folder settings.
- Windows 7/8 Users – Click Organize from the top-left and select Folder and Search Options.
- Move to the View tab and un-check “Hide extensions for known file type” option.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Windows 10 Users – Simply click the View tab from the top and put a check-mark next to the “File name extensions” option.
- Now you will be able to see the extensions of every file on your PC.
- Rename each file by right-clicking the file and selecting ‘Rename’. Add OLD at the end of each file name. (For e.g. company_file.qbw.nd.OLD).
- Now Open QuickBooks and try again to sign in to your company file.
If the error continues to bother you, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Rename Company File
As suggested by Intuit, you must keep the company file name under 65 characters and it must not have any special characters in the name. Make sure your company file name is not breaking the guidelines and if you suspect so, rename the company file and make the required changes to its name.
- Using the Windows Explorer go to the QuickBooks company file folder that is usually located at C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Right-click the company file with .QBW extension and select Rename.
- Make the required changes and try to open the company file once again.
If you are still getting QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82, then follow the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Move the Company File to the Original QuickBooks Folder
When you run QuickBooks Database Server Manager, it scans the company file on the system and link it with QuickBooks by saving the path of the company file. In case, if the company file is moved to a different folder or device, then QuickBooks can’t connect with it and trigger errors like 6144 82. With this troubleshooting step we will move the company file to its original location and try to fix the error.
- Open the QuickBooks Product Information windows by pressing the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Take a note of the company file location which you can find under File Information section.
- Now go to the company file folder location and check if the company file is saved there.
- If you don’t see the company file in the original company file folder, then using the Windows search field at the top-right search .QBW.
- Windows will display every file having .QBW extension.
- Now copy the company file that you want to open and paste it in the company file folder.
- Try to access the company file now and check if the error is resolved.
If you are still getting the error, then this could be a result of damage in the company file and network. You can use QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve common company file corruption and network damage.
With these steps, one can quickly fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82. If you still face any issue with your software you can try to restore the backup of the company file. In case, if you need the help to implement the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article then talk to our experts by reaching us at +1-888-300-3913. Our team will help you out with every possible solution.
Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6144 82 in Two Ways
QuickBooks is financial management accounting software developed by Intuit allows the users to manage their business finances hands-freely. However, QuickBooks also proffers the support for the QuickBooks data files. QuickBooks error code 6144 82 mainly caused when you try to open any company file which is used by any other application. Sometimes the error 6144 82 occurs due to wrongly configured system settings and any irregularities in the Windows registry. You might not proficient to deal with such an error issue. At that point, make a cold conversation to highly expert techies via toll-free number to obtain trustworthy QuickBooks Support at reasonable cost.
Main Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Look at the below points to know, what are the possible reasons of occurrence of error code 6144 82:
- Due to inappropriate installation or corrupt downloading of QuickBooks software
- Recently changes in QuickBooks can increase corruption in Windows Registry and because of this the error code arises
- The program files related to QuickBooks or Windows system files may get corrupted due to malware or virus
- Due to mistakenly deleted the company files related to QuickBooks
- It could also be arisen due to network issues on your server
Resolving Procedures for QuickBooks Error 6144 82
To make the error code 6144 82 completely eradicated from QuickBooks, you simply need to follow the provided points. Have a glimpse at below steps and perform the same:
Procedure 1: Repair Your Windows Registry
Follow the given instructions to repair Windows registry if it gets corrupted due to having changes in QuickBooks recently. Let’s start the process:
- Click on Start button first in your Windows
- Enter Command in the search box and do not press Enter
- Now, hold “CTRL + Shift” keys simultaneously on your keyboard and then hit Enter
- Doing this will be driven to a permission dialog box
- Click Yes. After doing that, with a blinking cursor a black box will open
- Now, type “regedit” and press Enter key
- Select the Error 6144 82 related, In the Registry Editor
- Now, choose Export from the File menu
- Choose the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key, In the Save In the list
- Type a name for your backup file like QuickBooks Backup, in the File name box
- And then ensure that “Selected branch” is selected, In the Export Range box
- Click Save to save the changes
- Save the file with a .reg file extension
- You now have a backup of your QuickBooks related registry entry
Hopefully, this method will help you out in eradicating the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 Code. If yet encountering the same problem, then jump to the next method.
Procedure 2: Rename The Files .TLG and .ND Extensions
Step-wise instructions are mentioned below to rename the files .TLG and .ND efficiently. So, let’s have a glance at once:
- First press F2 in QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File Information and search for the location of your Company file
- Now, open the file location once you get it
- Look for the entire files .ND and .TLG extensions that share the same name as the Company file in question
- Rename them by adding a .OLD at the end of each file extension
Get QuickBooks Customer Support from Techies to Solve Error 6144 82
Don’t feel blue! If none of the above-mentioned procedures is helpful for you in exterminating the error 6144 82 as we have tech-savvy team working day and night continuously at QuickBooks Customer Support to proffer one-stop solution.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 and QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
If you also have been using QuickBooks for a long time, then you may know about all the error codes and messages that might be bothering you while working on QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 6144 is one of them that will confine you to do any task through your PC. This blunder, for the most part happens if the system settings are inaccurate or there is any irregularity in the Windows registry. Also, when you endeavor to dispatch the organization record, you may run over QuickBooks Error 6144 82, error 103, error 6144 0. QuickBooks Stops working because of such errors and you will be not able to work on your software.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 stands out among all the error codes. Since it will not allow you to perform any task on the main PC.
We will provide you all the possible solutions to resolve both QuickBooks error 6144 and QuickBooks Error 6144 82 through this blog. The symptoms and the causes have also been mentioned in the following blog.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 and QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Listed below are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 and QuickBooks 6144 82:
- If the active system window crashes frequently, then you may get QuickBooks Error 6144.
- Your system crashes at the time of running the same program.
- If the Windows responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- When the PC and QuickBooks freezes for a while.
- You might also be facing QuickBooks Error 6144 82 on your screen.
Causes behind QuickBooks Error 6144 and QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Following is a list of all the probable causes behind QuickBooks error 6144 and 6144 82:
- If the installation of the software is incomplete or corrupted.
- The program files related to QuickBooks have been corrupted due to malware scan or virus or Due to corrupted windows system files.
- When you have mistakenly deleted the company files related to QuickBooks.
- You may also face QuickBooks Error 6144 due to network issues on your server.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144
In order to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 6144, you need to follow the aforementioned points respectively:
- First of all, you need to start Services.
- Select Start > Services.
- Choose QBCFMonitorservice from the Services tab and make sure that the services have been selected and available at Automatic mode. If not so, then choose Apply > Ok.
- Now, click on Change Account Type.
- Select the Control Panel > User Account.
- Choose Add/Remove User Account and choose QBDserviceuser23 only if you are using version 2013. After that, you need to change the account type by verifying the Administrator user.
- Make a new folder and give a new name as “QB” and give Read/Write options for all recently created folders.
- You need to click on Copy to copy the company file in the new folder i.e., QuickBooks.
- Now, ensure that you have copied the company file at the preferred location.
- After that, make Inbound Rules and Outbound Firewall Rules.
- Click on Firewall > Windows Firewall.
- In Advanced settings, choose Inbound Rules.
- After that, select New Rule > Port > Next.
- Choose TCP and add the port number which depends on the version of your software.
- Choose Next.
- Click on Allow the connection > Next.
- Give it a new name as QB and choose
- You require to restore the company file on the main PC.
- Launch QuickBooks in multi-user mode on the main PC.
- You need to select open and restore the existing companies.
- After that, click on “Get Back to Business” and launch a file in multi-user mode.
- Verify that the hosting is turned on or not and click on File and then choose
- Choose to Stop Hosting on the main PC.
- Launch the company file on other PCs. To do so, you need to get the IP address of your main PC.
- Lastly, run the company file from other PCs.
- First, you need to access QuickBooks and choose Open or Restore an Existing File.
- Choose Open a Company File.
- Copy and Paste the IP address in the file name.
- Ensure that the Open file radio button is in multi-user mode has been marked.
- Launch the shared folder and check the recently created QB folder.
- At last, click on the Company file.
Following all steps 1-9 for all PCs accessing the QuickBooks software.
Troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Go through the following solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
Solution 1: Set the User Permission
- Open QuickBooks and choose the company tab.
- Select Users and then choose Set Up Users and Roles.
- Enter the password to access the information.
- Choose the username in the User List Now.
- Finally, you need to change the role as per requirement.
Solution 2: Retitle the .TLG and .ND Files.
- Select the company file location and give new names to the .TLG and .ND files.
- Choose Rename by right-clicking on the company file.
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Choose Start to access the QB Database Server Manager.
- You need to click on Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Data Server Manager.
- Choose the folder where you have your QuickBooks company file.
- Scan the folder.
- Now, you can access the company file.
Solution 3: Verify the Windows registry.
- Firstly, select the Start button.
- Now, type “command” in the search box and hit Enter.
- Press and hold CTRL + Shift and a permission dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Choose Yes.
- A back box with a blinking cursor will pop up on your screen.
- Now, you need to type “Regedit” and hit Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, select the QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
- Select Export in the File Menu.
- In the Save In the list, choose the folder where you require to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- Give a name to your QuickBooks backup in the File Name box.
- Make sure that the Selected branch has been selected in the Export Range box.
- Choose Save.
- Now, you need to save the file with a .reg file extension.
- At last, the backup of the registry entry related to QuickBooks has been created.
Solution 4: Download Windows Error Repair Tool
- First, you need to download the window application tool.
- Now, install and launch the application.
- Choose Scan Now to detect the errors.
- Select Repair All to resolve the issues.
To Sum Up:
Expectantly, you have understood about QuickBooks Error 6144. Since we have discussed all the probable solutions in order to resolve the same error along with its symptoms and causes through the above blog. In case, you are getting any issue while dealing with QuickBooks Error 6144 82, then you are free to call us at our QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number +1-888-300-3913. We have a team of highly skilled experts who feel happy to assist you in resolving errors related to QuickBooks.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 (When opening a company file)?
Learn the process to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6144 when opening a company file or restoring a backup:
We are quite well versed with QuickBooks accounting software, as its invention has transformed every bit of the accounting industry. This software has not just helped the businesses to carry out the accounting and bookkeeping activities, but has also helped in enhancing the productivity. The QuickBooks software is known to stun the entrepreneurs with its amazing features. Its features make it different from other accounting software. But at the same time, the fact that this software is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. One such error we will be talking about in detail is the QuickBooks error code 6144. This error is often encountered when the user makes an attempt to open the company file. When this error occurs, it stops the user from performing any task through the main or other systems.
Resolving this error doesn’t involve any rocket science, a few simple steps if followed properly can work in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 6144, 82 or error 6144, 301. Fixing this error might require the user to close QuickBooks desktop on all system and disabling the antivirus. To know more, you have to read on the article and explore further. Well, many users might find this error quite technical to handle, if you feel the same, then do not hesitate in calling our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787.
Consulting our experts can be of great help in getting rid of the issue. Give us a call and speak to our executives, and they will connect you with the accounting professionals and certified QuickBooks professionals, who fix the error for you in less than a minute.
What is QuickBooks error code 6144?
Talking about the QuickBooks error code 6144, it is one of the many QB errors that the user might come across, and it doesn’t let the user to perform any task. The user might end up in this error, if he/she uses the company file. It can also crash the active program window, which can be very much annoying for the user to handle. However, the error can be resolved by following a few simple steps. Moreover, there can be certain causes to this error, which we will be discussing later in today’s post.
Points you can’t afford to miss
Before you jump on to the causes or the process to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 issue, it is very important to consider the below stated pointers. Let us have a look at what those points actually are:
- Make sure to practice all the steps on the host i.e. the server system except the last step
- Also, keep in mind that all the systems are properly shutdown including the host or other
- And lastly, turn off the system security software
What factors lead to QuickBooks error code 6144?
Coming to the factors causing the issue, there can be many. We have jotted down some of the most common ones.
- Network issues on the server or the system in particular can cause this error
- Also, corrupted windows system files or QuickBooks related program files due to a virus or malware infection
- Another factor leading to the QuickBooks error 6144 can be pernicious deletion of QuickBooks related files caused by any other program
- A recent QuickBooks related change can also induce corruption in the windows registry, ultimately leading to the error
- Incomplete installation or damaged download of QuickBooks can be one major factor.
Signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 6144
Now that you know what leads to this error, you must also know the ways to identify the same. The below listed signs and symptoms can ease the process for you:
- The active program window crashes
- The system frequently crashes while running the same program
- Also, the windows start running sluggishly and do not respond to the keyboard and mouse inputs
- Many times, the system might also freeze for a few seconds
- And if the error itself appears on the screen, but with a slight change in the error code i.e. 6144, 82
Fixation Process for QuickBooks Error 6144
Now that you have unleashed the causes, symptoms, and a few more facts about this error, it is time for you to learn the ways in which this error can be fixed. So, without wasting much time, let us quickly check out each of steps of the process in detail that one can implement:
Step 1: Start QuickBooks service option
- The initial step is to move to the Start icon and then click on the Services tab in QuickBooks
- Followed by clicking the QBCFMonitoringservice icon that could be seen in the services list
- Once done with that, the user needs to Verify that the services have started and also that they are setup in the Automatic mode
- In case the services are not in automatic mode, then the user needs to Verify the radio tab and then hit Apply and OK options respectively
Step 2: Moving ahead, Change the account type
- In this step, the user needs to Change the account type, by clicking the Start icon
- And then moving to the Control panel and selecting the User Account icon
- The next step is to click on the add/remove user account tab
- Also click the QBDserviceuser23 icon and modify the account type according to the requirement, which can be done by verifying the administrator user icon
Step 3: The next step is to create the folders in C drive
The user is now required to create a new folder with the name QB in C drive. And later on, select read/write options for all the folders. The folders that the user needs to create are as follows:
- Add system
- Add user
The user needs to endow the permissions for the complete folder list. Also click on share icon, in order to share all the folders to the systems
You may also read: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error C=224?
Step 4: Now, copy the company file in the new folder
After creating the folder, the user needs to copy the company file in the new folder. As per the observations, the file size might be a reason behind the corruption of the files, due to which the software doesn’t open up.
- The user needs to navigate to the Users option in the system C drive and then to Public icon
- Followed by selecting the public documents tab and then click on the Intuit icon
- The next step is to click on the QuickBooks icon and also the company files
- There the user will see the default Company file location
- Afterwards, the user will have to Copy and Paste the QB file in the new folder. Also, avoid cut paste method to move the company file, as it may lead to corruption.
Step 5: The next step is to setup inbound and outbound firewall rules
- For this, the user needs to select the Windows firewall option in the firewall tab
- Now, in the advanced settings tab, the user needs to visit the inbound rules icon, and along with that move to the new rule and port icons respectively
- After that hit next.
- The user will have to use port numbers depending upon the version of QuickBooks desktop.
To get the dynamic port number:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Enter “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” into the search and open QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Go to the Port Monitor tab.
- Find your QuickBooks version.
- Take note of the Port Number. You’ll use this for your firewall port exception.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15106
Step 6: Running QuickBooks database server manager
- The very first step in the process is to move to the Programs list and then click on the QuickBooks icon
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the QuickBooks database server manager icon in the drop-down list. And then hit the add folder tab
- The next step is to Search and add QuickBooks folder in the system C drive and then minimize the tab
- The last step in the process is to click on the Scan now tab and this would lead to the scanning process of QuickBooks company file.
Step 7: Restoring the QuickBooks company file
- On the server system, the user needs to open and access the QuickBooks in multi-user mode
- And then, click on the open or restore company file
- After that, the user needs to select the QuickBooks company file and then get back to business. Moving ahead, the user needs to select open and access the files in multi-user mode
- The next step is to ensure that the hosting is enabled and also visit the file. After that, click on the Utilities icon
- And then, click on to the stop multi-user access option. This would ensure that the user is able to access the company files on server system
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 301 or Error 6144 , 82
In case the above method fails to fix the issue for you, it is recommended to check out the below mentioned processes once:
Step 1: Running QuickBooks file doctor tool
Downloading and using the QuickBooks file doctor tool can help the user in resolving the error automatically. This tool is designed and developed in a way that it has the capability to diagnose and fix the error by itself. The user simply needs to download the tool from the QuickBooks tool hub program and then install it on to the system and then run it.
Step 2: Reinstalling the QuickBooks software
There can be a situation when the file doctor also fails to fix the issue, then in that case the user can simply reinstall the QuickBooks software. It should be noted for performing this process, the user is supposed to have the admin rights. Also, the user should have the installation CD of QuickBooks.
For Windows Vista, 7, or 8
- The very first step is to open run by pressing Windows and R tabs
- After that open the Control panel and hitting Enter
- Now, under the User accounts and family safety options, the user needs to select Add or remove user accounts
- Followed by clicking on the particular qbdataserveruserxx which is similar to the version you are using
- QuickBooks 2013: qbdataserviceuser23
- QuickBooks 2012: qbdataserviceuser22
- QuickBooks 2011: qbdataserviceuser21
- QuickBooks 2010: qbdataserviceuser20
- QuickBooks 2009: qbdataserviceuser19
- QuickBooks 2008: qbdataserviceuser18
- QuickBooks 2007: qbdataserviceuser17
- QuickBooks 2006: qbdataserviceuser16
- After that, the user needs to click the Delete the account option
- And then reinstall the QuickBooks software
For Windows XP
- First of all, the user needs to click the Start tab and then select the Control panel
- Followed by double clicking the User accounts
- And then clicking the specific qbdataserviceuserxx that is similar to the QuickBooks version you are using
- QuickBooks 2013: qbdataserviceuser23
- QuickBooks 2012: qbdataserviceuser22
- QuickBooks 2011: qbdataserviceuser21
- QuickBooks 2010: qbdataserviceuser20
- QuickBooks 2009: qbdataserviceuser19
- QuickBooks 2008: qbdataserviceuser18
- QuickBooks 2007: qbdataserviceuser17
- QuickBooks 2006: qbdataserviceuser16
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click the Delete the account option
- And then reinstall the QuickBooks application
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6189, 816?
Step 3: Renaming .TLG and .ND files
- At first, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then move to the company files location and then look for the TLG and ND files
- The next step is to click on the .TLG and .ND file and right click on the file and select rename option from the drop down lost
- Now, start the QuickBooks database server manager
- Once done with that, the user needs to open the database server manager and move to the start menu
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the programs and look for the QuickBooks
- And also, select the QuickBooks database server manager
- And then, click on the folder where QuickBooks file is present
- Lastly, the user needs to scan the folder and open the file
In today’s article, we have tried to scribble all possible solutions that the user can implement by himself in order to fix the QuickBooks error 6144. However, in certain situations, the user might end up in further mess or the user might not able to incorporate the solutions properly, ending up in encountering the same error again. In such situations, giving us a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, can work amazingly for you.
You can discuss the issue with our QuickBooks desktop support team and ask our experts and certified professionals to fix the error on your behalf. We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services to all the users. Thus, do not think much, just ring up to us and leave the rest on our professionals.