Learn the best steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001
For the last couple of years QuickBooks desktop has gained immense popularity and is considered one of the best accounting software available today. Small and medium businesses heavily depend on this application as it helps in managing their finances, keep a track of their expenses, generate reports, handle the invoices and more.
QuickBooks may have a lot many benefits, but it is a software after all and that’s why users face many errors or technical glitches which affects business operations. Some of these errors can be easily fixed while for few others you need to take help from experts. One quite common error is the QuickBooks error code 6073. This error generally happens when someone opens the company file in the multi-user mode.
When you try opening your company file, you receive the following message:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
Tackling this issue becomes easy for the user, if certain steps are followed properly. In today’s article, we have discussed some of the relevant solutions to QuickBooks error 6073, -99001. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance or professionals who can fix the error on your behalf, then feel free to call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified QB professionals will be happy to resolve the issue for you.
What is QuickBooks error 6073?
QuickBooks error 6073, 99001 can be very much time consuming for the user to handle. It is usually encountered when the user tries to open the company file with the file extension .qbe in multi user mode. This error comes with an error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file”. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi user mode so you can both use the company at the same time. The file could also be located in a read only network folder. If it is, ask your system administrator to make the file accessible. The causes of this error can be many, which will be discussed later in this article.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001?
There can be a couple of factors leading to the QuickBooks error code 6073. A few of the most common ones are listed below:
- The file might be opened in another PC in multi-user mode
- This error also happens if the file is stored in a read-only network folder
- The files are stored in unix or linux computer and the users are trying to sign in to the folders using multiple credentials
- The company file is being accessed by remote operating system and the host system finds that the system is still logged in.
You might also see: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6123?
How to the QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Any kind of technical glitches in QuickBooks can cripple your business operations and that is the reason why they need to be resolved at the earliest. Below are the ways through which you can fix QuickBooks error 6073:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the error
The very first method can be to use QuickBooks file doctor tool. The QuickBooks File Doctor tool can help in resolving QB issues. The user just need to download it and run to resolve the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step is to download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks tool hub. And then save the file where it can be accessed easily spot it
- And then open the file which was downloaded earlier i.e. QuickBooksToolHUb.exe
- The user is then required to carry out the onscreen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Followed by double clicking the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- The next step in the process is to opt for the company file issues tab in the QuickBooks tool hub
- And also choose the run QuickBooks file doctor tab. This process might take a minute or so, but if in case the tool fails to launch, then search for QuickBooks file doctor and then launch it manually
- Now, in the file doctor, make sure to select the company file from the drop down menu. In case the user is unable to find it, then select the browse option to spot the file.
- The next step is to choose the check your file and select continue.
- To end the process, enter admin password and hit next
Solution 2: Corrupted or Unavailable Network Data File
Another method that one can opt for is to fix the corrupted network data file. The user can perform the below stated steps and fix the corrupted or unavailable network data file.
- Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking on the Start Button
- Now look for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file
- After this right-click on the company file with Network Data and QB company file extension
- Now you have to modify the file extension from .ndold and then click on Enter key
- After this open QuickBooks and then the company file
- Now QuickBooks will make another network data file for the company file
See Also: Repair QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Solution 3: The Network data files and transaction log files are labelled as hidden files
Another method is to check if the network data files and transaction log files are labelled as hidden. The user can carry out the steps below and try to fix the error.
- The first thing to do is to open My Computer then go to the Tools menu and then click on the folder options
- After this go to the View Tab and then to Show Hidden files and folders
- Once done, open data folder to check network data files and transaction log files
- Select properties by right clicking on the Network Data files
- Now delete the hidden option and then click on OK
Solution 4: Fix QuickBooks error 6073 manually
The manual process to fix the QuickBooks error 6073 varies depending on the situation or the condition. Below we will be exploring the possible conditions and the steps involved in each of them:
Condition 1: In case, anybody opens the company file in Single-user mode in another workstation
- The first thing to do is to close QuickBooks Desktop in all computers
- After that open the company file using the host computer
- From the file menu you have to now switch to the multi-user mode
- If the issue isn’t resolved then reboot all the systems
Condition 2: If the company file is open in Single-user mode in the host computer
- Firstly, go to the File Menu and select close company
- After that reopen the company file
- Now choose Open or Restore Company from the file-menu
- Open the company file and then click on Next
- ‘Once done, select the company file and then select open file in multi-user mode and open.
Condition 3: In case, the company file is stored in a read-only network folder
- Firstly, go to the computer that is hosting your file
- After that open, the folder where your company file is stored
- Now you have to right-click on the folder and then click on Properties option.
- After that go to the security tab and then choose the user with login issues and then tap on Edit option.
- Once done you have to Select Allow then Apply and then on OK button,
Condition 4: If the computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Task Manager and then choose the Task Manager
- Now you have to choose Processes and then check if there are any running processes with the username with which you are having issues
- In case, you find processes under that user then restart your system
You can also run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Open tool hub software on your system
- After that choose Program Problems and Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Now start your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
The above mentioned solutions can work well in fixing the QuickBooks error 6073 without any further hassle. However, if the problem persists then you need to seek assistance from QuickBooks enterprise technical support team who are available 24/7.
Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001 – How to Fix (Answered)
QuickBooks error 6073 arises when a user tries to open a company file the same as other error codes in the series 6000. When you try to open a company file, and an error message appears on the screen all of a sudden, stating- QuickBooks is not able to open the company file. Furthermore, the error code message 6073 also suggests that another user may have opened the company file. Several factors can trigger the QuickBooks error 6073 99001. Read this blog until this end to explore various aspects of the error: 6073 and resolve it like a tech-geek.
Can’t access your financial records due to QuickBooks Desktop error 6073? Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number (855)-526-5749 and ask an expert to resolve the error code
Effects of Intuit QB Error 6073:
When the error occurs, you may observe these symptoms to determine that QuickBooks error 6073 has arisen.
- QuickBooks error message 6073 appears on the screen immediately as soon the error takes place
- You may not be able to open your financial record due to the error
- The error crashes an active window and degrades the performance of your system
- PC freezes periodically for a few seconds at a time as a result of the QuickBooks error 6073
Possible Causes That Can Trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001:
QuickBooks error 6073 99001 can be triggered due to various technical conditions you can see in the below-given list-
- The file is open on another computer when multi-user mode is disabled
- When a read-only network folder contains the file, then QuickBooks error 6073 can arise
- When the file is accessed using remote software, and the host system perceives that the user is still logged in
- A Linux server has been used to host the files, and multiple login credentials are being used to login to the shared folder.
How to Resolve Error 6073 in QuickBooks While Accessing the Company File?
When the QuickBooks error_6073 arrives, you can follow the below-explained troubleshooting methods to get rid of the error code promptly.
Solution 1: Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix Company File
If the file you are trying to access is damaged, then QuickBooks File Doctor can fix all the issues related to the company file. You can download the utility from the official website of the Intuit and run it to find and fix data damage. Wait for the process to end and see if QuickBooks error 6073 appears no more while accessing the company file. Move to the next solution if the root cause of the error is something other than the damaged company file.
Solution 2: Resolve The Error: 6073 99001 Manually
Several instances in the QuickBooks can bring forth the error code, and therefore, you need to perform different solutions in a particular situation.
Case 1- When you try to open the file on another PC in single-user mode:
- Close QB Desktop on all computers and then open the company file using the host computer
- Now go to the File menu and switch to Multi-User mode
- Reboot all the workstations, if the QuickBooks company file error_6073 strikes again
Case 2- When the company file is open on the Host computer, but in single-user mode:
- Close the company file and then Re-open it
- Select Open or Restore Company option from the File menu
- Now Open a company file and hit Next
- Select your company file you are trying to access and then select Open in Multi-User Mode.
- Open the file to check the status of QuickBooks error_6073
Solution 3: Rename Network Data File With .ND Extension
.ND files are the network files in the QuickBooks that enables the program to access the company files over the network. In case, the network data file is corrupted, you need to rename the file to resolve QuickBooks error_6073.
- Right-click the Start button to open Windows Explorer
- Now, find the folder that contains the file you are trying to open
- Right-click file with .ND extension corresponding to .QBW extension
- Add OLD at the end of the network data file with .ND extension as .ndold and press Enter to confirm the changes
- Now go back to QuickBooks and try to open the company file
QuickBooks is a technological marvel, assisting hundreds of businesses in carrying out accounting needs through continuous advancements in its tools and 24*7 available support. While the former pillar has its potential, the support helpline is undoubtedly a big plus for a software that is prone to countless issues due to human errors or system fails. With QuickBooks Error Support, you can be assured of anytime assistance for hundreds of errors from our professional support expert staff. Give our services a try and call us on +1-888-300-3913.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001?
QuickBooks is a huge accounting software used by various sized businesses. Like any other software, bugs and errors may occur anytime while using QB. QuickBooks Error 6073 is one of them, it occurs when someone tries to open the company file (.qbw) in multi-user mode. Furthermore, In this blog, we will discuss the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 and various steps to fix the error on time to avoid data loss and other critical problems.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
QuickBooks Error 6073 can be caused due to several reasons. Some of the most common reasons are listed below:
- The file is open on another PC in Single User mode.
- The file is being located in a read-only network folder.
- The records are hosted on a Linux server and are using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
- The document is accessed using a remote operating system (LogMeIn, GoToMyPC and more.) and the host system identifies that the user is still logged on.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073
Errors can be time-consuming and may damage your data. Therefore, you have to follow some simple steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6073. There are several scenarios when you might face the error, so you have to follow different steps as per the condition to resolve the error easily, some of them are discussed below:
Solution 1: Use the QFD Tool to fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001.
User can use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve QuickBooks Issues as QuickBooks Error 6073.
Solution 2: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 manually.
If somebody opens the company file on another PC in Single User mode.
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop in all the computers.
- Secondly, open the company file using the Host computer.
- Now switch to Multi-user mode from the file menu.
- In case you face the same issue, reboot all the workstations.
If the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- Go to the File menu and select Close company.
- Now Re-open the company file.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company.
- You have to Open a company file and click Next.
- Choose your company file. Select Open file in multi-user mode and Open.
Also Read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 404
If the company file is placed in a read-only network folder.
- Go to the computer hosting your file.
- Now Open the folder where your company file is stored.
- Right click on the folder and select Properties.
- Go to Security tab and select the user with login issues then click Edit.
- Select Allow > Apply > Ok.
If the computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Right-click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select Processes and check if there are running processes under the user name you are having issues with.
- Restart your system if you find processes under that user.
Solution 3: The Network Data file is unavailable or corrupted
- Right click on the Start button and open Windows Explorer.
- Search for the folder with QuickBooks company file.
- Right-click on company file with Network Data and QB company file extension.
- Change the file extension from to .ndold and press Enter.
- Now open QuickBooks and open the company file.
- QB will create another Network data file for the company file.
Solution 4: The network data files and transaction log files are usually labeled as the hidden files
- Firstly, open My Computer, go to Tools menu and click on Folder options.
- Go to the View tab and click Show hidden files & folders.
- Afterwards, open data folder to see network data files and transaction log file.
- Right-click on the network data file and select properties.
- Delete Hidden option and click Ok.
The above solutions will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 99001. If you are unable to solve QB Error 6073 or find any difficulty following any step. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1-888-300-3913 for quick assistance.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 (Unable to Open the Company File)?
Learn the easy fixation of QuickBooks error code 6073
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 Version is packed with a few of the most innovative attributes. This the reason that it is obtaining a growing number of famous nowadays. However there is few problems which users faced and complaint about this powerful software.
So today’s In this blog post, we are talking about one such error message i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 6073. Due to this error the QB users usually not able to open the company file. And get an error message on their display. The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
The general meaning of this error is that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single user mode.
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks error 6073, 99001?
This error is usually caused by any of the following:
- When a user will open this file on another computer by a single user mode.
- The file is located as to read on another network folder.
- All files are hosted via the Linux server & then use any more rather than one’s set as to login the credentials and sign into as shared folder.
- The file is being accessed through remote access software technology (LogMeln, GoToMyPc, etc). We host the computer and still see thought that the client that is already that was logged into it.
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
Comply below-mentioned point to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001 or contact to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team by dialing 1-844-405-0907 to get instant help from our U.S based tech Advisors.
Solution 1: First download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor application and run it.
Solution 2: Manually resolve the Error 6073, 99001
Condition 1: If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
Try these points when a user see opens a company file into a single user mode at another workstation.
- Firstly close QuickBooks desktop in all PC’s.
- Open your “Company file” on to the “Host” computer.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Switch to Multi-User mode“.
- Still, if getting the same issue then reboot your workstations.
Condition 2: If a Company file opened into a single user mode on to host the Device
- From the main “File menu“, choose an option of to “Close the Company“.
- Reopen your “Company file“.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Open or Restore company“.
- Now choose to open a company File & then click to the Next button.
- Then select to open the “Company file” & then click to the “Next“.
- Choose your “Company file”.
- Choose to open the file into multi-user mode & then click to open it.
Condition 3: If your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Firstly go to the computer system where is your company file hosted.
- Browse and then open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Give one right-click into the folder and select “Properties“.
- After that navigate to the “Security tab“.
- Select the user that has issues when log into file.
- Hit a click to “Edit” it.
- Check that box for “Allow” to a full control.
- To save changes click on “Apply” and then click to the “OK” key.
Condition 4: If the PC is get accessed by remotely via LogMeln, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Give one right click to the “Task bar” & then choose the “Task Manager“.
- Navigate to the “Processes tab“.
- Now check if the process is running under the user’s name from which you have issues with this.
- If there is a process under that user’s name, restart your PC.
Thus the process is now completed, In most of the cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you.