QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when you try to open a company file which is not situated on your computer. It can also appear when QuickBooks Company File needs some additional configuration. This Error is a part of Series Errors that are – 6000, H101, H202, H303, and H505 which are related to Hosting Settings.
Basic info about QuickBooks Error H505
Error Name – QuickBooks Error H505
Comes on – Windows XP, 7,8, Vista
Error Description – QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Main Causes of QuickBooks Error Code H505
QuickBooks Error H505 happens if there is any issue related to Multi-user hosting set up. Hence the error occurs when the user tries to access the company file which is on another computer which lacked proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. This leads to QuickBooks Error code H505.
- Damaged or wrong .ND file restricts QuickBooks Desktop from opening files over the network
- QuickBooks Services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBFCMonitor are not activated on your PC. These services prevent error H505 and other issues as well.
- Incorrect Settings of Hosting configuration block the communication of QuickBooks with the corporate file.
Several other reasons can cause QuickBooks Error H505. These are given below:
- Damaged/Incorrect.ND file – The .ND configuration file allows QuickBooks to access an organization’s file over a network. If the.ND file is broken/ incorrect then it hinders QB Desktop from accessing files over the network.
- QuickBooks Services not initiated – QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services Run and resolve several issues on their own. These services once activated on your computer can prevent many errors.
- Could not get the IP address of the Host Computer – To obtain the IP address, you can use a unique informatics address while using QuickBooks Information Server Manager.
- Incorrect settings of Hosting Configuration – Ensure to have hosting turned-on the Server wherever the files are saved. Incorrect hosting configuration settings can lead to Error Code H505.
- Incorrect/Improper QuickBooks Firewall settings – Incorrect Firewall settings obstruct incoming/outgoing communication to the corporate file.
- Wrong DNS Settings – Unorganized DNS settings in the workstation area can lead to QuickBooks h505 error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Below listed are some common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505:
- QuickBooks H505 Error arises and crashes an active program window.
- The Laptop often crashes when running the same program
- QuickBooks Error code H505 is displayed on the screen
- The Windows function sluggishly and respond slowly to the mouse or the keyboard input
- Computer freezes periodically for many seconds at a given time
These error messages can occur during program installation, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H505
Below given are some recommended solutions that can resolve error H505 easily.
Solution 1: Make a new Company File Folder
- First, generate a ‘Replacement folder’ on the hosting computer. Now share the original folder and Windows access permissions to share the company files
- If you do not have access to the digital computer then, Contact a skilled IT professional
- In the new folder, Copy .qbw file in multi-user mode again
- You can now open the Company file.
Solution 2: Open Network Ports that QuickBooks uses to transmit knowledge
- Configure Firewall settings
- Go to the Windows Firewall Settings, and right-click on Windows Option to click on the instrument panel. Now type ‘Firewall’ in the search bar, and press Enter. Click Windows Firewall and press Advanced Settings option.
- Go to the left and right-click ‘Outbound Rules,’ and select ‘New Rule.’
- Press on Ports and press Next
- Click TCP, and in the specific local ports enter the following ports:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018- 8019,56728,55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017-8019,56727,55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016-8019,56726,55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015-8019,56725,55363-55367
- Click Next and select ‘Allow the Connection’ option
- Click Next to type-in name in the name field, and press Finish
- Repeat steps 1-5 for the inbound rules
- Now go to the multi-user mode again and open QuickBooks
- Turn-on Network Discovery
- First, Open the control panel, and press on System and Security
- Press on Windows Firewall
- In the left pane, go to Click permit associate app/feature on the Windows Firewall (If you are on Windows server 2012)
- Press Modification option
- Select Network Discovery, and Press OK
- Know the name of your server
- Open the RUN command, and press on the Windows Key + R. Type the CMD and click Enter
- Enter config/all, and press Enter
- In the IP Configuration section, look for the ‘Host Name.’
- You can see the server name on the right
- Now save and move to the next step
Solution 3: Check hosting and services
- Verify hosting
- Open QuickBooks on every workstation (this is not the server or the hosting computer)
- Next select File and press Utilities
- If you see Host Multi-user access on the list, then this computer is not hosting the Company file
- If you see Host Multi-user access at the workstation, then you can move onto the next computer. Here do not change anything.
- In case you see ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access,’ then press on that option
- On each computer, repeat steps 1-3
- Verify QuickBooks Services
- First, bring up the RUN box, and press Windows Key+ R
- Type MSC and click Enter. Next, you can search Services.msc in the Windows search bar
- In the services window, you need to scroll down and search the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Next, double-click the option QuickBooksDBXX service and ensure that the startup kind is ready to be Automatic and then Repair Standing is running or started
- Click the Recovery tab
- If you see a failure, then you can mechanically restart QuickBooksDBXX service. Do the same thing for the second and any subsequent failures
- To save changes press OK
- Now for the QBCFMonitorService, you need to repeat steps above provided steps 1-6
- Next, Open QuickBooks in a multi-user mode on each effected digital computer
- If you face the problem even after this, then look to form a QuickBooksDBXX service that is a member of the administrator cluster and has acceptable permissions.
Solution 4: Verify that the Services are Running Properly
- You can easily access the services running on your system by clicking on the Start button and search to Run the dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the dialog box. Wait until the list of services is displayed.
- If you are using Windows 10 then you can access the services by holding Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together to open Task Manager.
Once the services list is open, follow the commands given below:
- Click on Name column and sort it in an alphabetical order to find QuickbooksDBXX.
- After that, you have to right-click on the service and then click on Properties.
- Locate the Startup type and set it as Automatic. Ensure that service status is marked as Running or Started.
- If the status is Stopped, then you need to click on the Start option available in the Proper window.
- Now, click on the recovery tab. Find the First failure option and select Restart the Service.
- This option will help you restart the service automatically. Follow the same for other failures.
The services will initiate now without any interruptions. But you may get the following error if you click on Start:
“Windows could not start the QuickbooksDBXX service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
If you receive the above message then follow the points given below:
- First of all, go to Log On tab and click on Browser.
- In the “Enter the object name to select” field, enter your computer’s name and then click on Check Names.
- Now, click Ok and fill in the administrator password when prompted.
- After that, click on Ok and close it.
- Next, go back to QuickbooksDBXX’ properties and click on Start.
- Close all the windows and verify if the service is running properly.
Solution 5: Edit the Host File
- Firstly, hold Windows + R key together to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, you have to type “cmd” and hit Enter to open Command Prompt window.
- After that type “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter to run the following command.
- Write down the Host Name and IP Address somewhere. You need to repeat the procedure for all the computers having multi-user setup.
Next, edit the Windows Hosts file:
- Shut down QuickBooks and go to Start menu.
- Then go to This PC and ensure that you are at the following address:
- C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.
- If you cannot find the Windows folder in This PC. Follow these steps to see the hidden files and folders:
- Firstly, click on the View tab and then click on Hidden items. You will be able to see the hidden files.
- Right-click on Hosts file and then select Open With, open it with Notepad.
- Fill in the IP address and Computer Name. When you enter the details, use the Tab key rather than the space bar to put spaces between the IP address and computer name.
- Finally, you can save the changes and then reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Learn the best ways to recover QuickBooks error H505 like a Pro:
QuickBooks error code H505 has become the most common error which largely occurs when you’re trying to access the company files which can be found on another computer and you would be getting this error.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
In the blog post, today we are going to discuss about the possible causes as well as solution methods for QuickBooks Error H505. You need to follow these instructions to resolve multi-user error H505 by yourself. However, if you face any issue associated with H series error – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-844-521-0490. Our certified team is available round the clock.
Things to Remember:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks software Installed on your computer correctly.
- It can be a full QB desktop version with database or license manager hosting only.
- It’s important to install QuickBooks application on the server because without it you are completely not able to use multi-user mode.
- Visit on QuickBooks official website to download QuickBooks.
Follow the instruction for your server computer system. To run the QuickBooks File doctor tool in your system, ensure that you need to sign into the host server as the system administrator user.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Here are some of the potential reasons why these error codes arise:-
- Incorrect hosting configuration setting.
- When a system Firewall setting obstructing to get company files or it is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Damaged or incorrect .ND files configuration that enable QB to access company files in a community.
- QuickBooks database server manager unable to locate IP address of host computer or using different IP address.
- When the setting of DNS is incorrect.
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF aren’t started.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error H505
There are certain signs and symptoms that can help the users to identify the error. A few of which includes:
- QuickBooks error H505 occurred and crashed the active program window
- If the laptop crashes while using the same program
- Another sign of the same can be that the error itself appeared on the screen
- The windows function sluggishly and respond slowly to the mouse inputs
- System freezes periodically for many seconds
Quick steps to before proceeding to the fixation methods:
- Create a Company File Backup
- Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Run Quick Fix my Program in QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Configure your Firewall Settings
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error Code H505
There can be more than one methods to resolve the QuickBooks error H505. Checkout the methods with you can manually resolve the error-
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool can be used to resolve multiple server problems that occurs in company file.
- Firstly, Check that the QuickBooks is Installed on your Server Computer.
- Download, Install and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. It frees up the H- series & multi-user error.
In the event you see this error, follow the following solution.
Note: Ensure that QuickBooks is Installed on your Server Computer
Method 2: Verify hosting and services
Important: You need to follow these steps on each hosting system.
Step 1: Verify the hosting on server
- First of all, on every hosting system, open QuickBooks and go to the “File” menu => “Utilities” icon.
- And then, click on Host Multi-User Access on the listing, this computer is not hosting the file. Proceed to another laptop. Remember don’t change anything.
- In case, you see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ icon then, select it.
- At the end, in the Company, File Must Be Closed window, click on the “Yes” icon.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks enterprise common errors?
Step 2: Verify the QuickBooks Services on your server
- In order to verify the QuickBooks services, the user needs to ensure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Service are started.
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- Press the “Windows+R” keys to bring up the run box.
- In run box, type/enter ‘services.msc’ and then, press the “Enter” button.
- Service window: scroll down and existence for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If not able to visit QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Using the Database Server Manager, then affirm the Database Server Manager also installed on the server
- If you conduct the complete app on the machine, start QuickBooks, choose and confirm that hosting is enabled.
- Select Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Double-click about the QuickBooksDBXX service and affirm that the Startup Type is and service standing is started.
- Click on the “Recovery” icon
- After that choose the “Restart the Service” option from each of these drop-down menus:
- First failure
- Second failure
- Subsequent failures
- Open computer system menu selects restart, and this will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service when it fails. Do the same.
- Now choose “Apply” and “OK” button to save the changes.
- Replay the above all steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- At the end of this process, the user is supposed to open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Method 3: Integrate the Server to the Windows Server file
If the above methods failed to fix the issue for you, then you can integrate the server to the windows server file. Editing the Windows hosts file can work in rectifying the issue up to certain extent.
Method 4: Create a new folder to your company file and discuss it by enabling access to discuss company files
Creating a new folder to the company file and discussing it by enabling access can help the user to fix the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Create a new folder, in the hosting computer.
- Now share the create folder and set windows to get entry to permissions to share company files.
- Now copy the .qbw file into the new folder.
- Finally, Open your company files in multi-user mode.
Read Also: How to merge vendors in QuickBooks?
Solution 5: Edit the Host File
Step 1: Find the IP address and computer name of the server and workstation
- The very first step is to hold “Windows + R” to open the “Run dialog box“.
- After that, the user will have to type “cmd” and then hit “Enter” to open Command prompt window.
- The next step is to type “ipconfig / all” and then hit “Enter” to run the following command.
- The last step is to write down the “Hostname and IP Address” somewhere. The user needs to repeat the procedure for all the computers having multi-user setup.
Step 2: Edit the Windows hosts file
After that edit the windows hosts file:
- The user is supposed to “Shut down QuickBooks” and move to the “start menu“.
- After that, the user needs to go to the PC and follow the path “C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc“.
- If the user is unable to find the “Windows folder” in the system. The user needs to follow the steps to see the hidden files and folders.
- To see the hidden files, the user needs to click on the “view tab” and then click on “Hidden items“.
- After that, the user will have to right click on the “Hosts file” and then select “Open with“, open it with Notepad.
- The next step in the process is to fill in the “IP address and Computer Name“. While entering the details, the user needs to use the “Tab key” rather than the spacebar to enter space between the IP address and system name. See the image below:
- The last step in the process is to “Save changes” and then “reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode“.
Solution 6: Configure your firewall ports settings
Important: Generally, the QuickBooks File Doctor tool usually opens your firewall ports and configure them automatically. In case your problem is not solved then you can follow the below steps:
- First of all, Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows+R keys together.
- After that open the Control panel through Run command.
- Choose System and Security option and open Windows Defender Firewall
- Now hit a click on Advanced Settings
- Hit a click on Inbound Rule and then choose New Rule
- Select the Port and hit click on Next
- Make sure that you have selected the TCP option here.
- You need to enter the Port for your QuickBooks year version.
QuickBooks Desktop ports for version
2020: 8019, XXXXX.
2019: 8019, XXXXX.
2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
Note: QuickBooks desktop 2019 and later versions mainly uses dynamic ports at the time of installation and on the other side QuickBooks, 2018 and older version use static ports.
To find the QuickBooks dynamic ports
- Firstly ,click on Start button and search QuickBooks Database Server Manager and press Enter key.
- After that click on Port Monitor tab
- Here you can see the Port Number for your QuickBooks version
- Copy the Port number, you can use it at the time of the firewall configuration
QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most popular locally installed accounting software solutions used by businesses, accountants, and entrepreneurs. The software is powerful with a range of features and services. The downside of the local installation model is that the software is vulnerable to errors that have to be resolved by the end-users. These errors are primarily caused due to configuration issues. QuickBooks Error 505 is one such issue a QuickBooks Desktop user might encounter. In this blog, we will investigate the details about QuickBooks Error H505, its causes, symptoms and the steps to resolve the error.
Why Do I See QuickBooks Error 505?
The most frequent appearance of QuickBooks Error H505 is when users try to switch between single-user and multi-user mode on QuickBooks Desktop and the application cannot establish a connection with the server. There can be only one system that acts as the server hosting QuickBooks company file in the multi-user mode. Users trying to access QuickBooks company files on the server might see the error either when the host is not configured properly or due to network issues. Below are some factors that could result in the problem.
- Incorrect or damaged. ND files.
- QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor services are not functioning.
- Inability to find the server IP address.
- Improper hosting configuration.
- Host mode turned off on the server.
- Faulty firewall settings configuration.
- Issues with DNS settings.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Apart from the error message that is displayed along with the error code in a pop-up message box, users might experience the following symptoms when they encounter QuickBooks Error 505.
- Inability to work in multi-user mode.
- Cannot open QuickBooks company file on the server.
- QuickBooks application may crash.
- All open windows and input methods might become unresponsive.
- The application might freeze for a long duration before throwing an error message.
What to Do to Fix QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks Error H505 can be fixed by diagnosing and rectifying issues that might be blocking multi-user connection to the server hosting the company files.
Follow the steps below to identify possible causes and the necessary steps to correct them. These steps are applicable only if you are hosting QuickBooks on your own network in which the QuickBooks Database Server Manager has been set up in the Server Only option and the scans do not reveal any issue.
Step 1: Ensure that there is only one server with Multi-User Access
- Identify all computers on the networks displaying QuickBooks Error H505.
- Ensure that the option ‘Host Multi-User Access’ is available in all of the computers. If there is a computer with the option ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’, click on it to disable the feature.
- Proceed to the server hosting the QuickBooks company file and ensure that it has the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option enabled.
Step 2: Replace Company File Folder
If the server has been configured correctly, chances are, the issue is with the company file.
- Create a new folder on the host computer and move the contents to it with full permissions.
- Create the .qbw file in the multi-user mode.
- Check if the company file is accessible from all systems across the network.
Step 3: Check Windows firewall configuration
Firewall settings can often interfere with the file access required for operating QuickBooks in the multi-user mode. Follow the steps below to manage the firewall settings on the computer throwing the error.
- Search for Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Navigate to ‘Allow a Program through Firewall.’
- Add QuickBooks to the list.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
If the issue is not in the firewall, check if the ports are configured correctly.
- Click on the Advanced Settings in the Firewall Settings.
- Add a ‘New Rule’ in ‘Outbound Rules’ and ‘Inbound Rules’.
- Add the appropriate local ports for QuickBooks Desktop.
Ensure that Network Discovery is turned on.
Step 4: Confirm if the services are running
Users cannot access files if the QuickBooks services are not working.
Ensure that you find the server name on each computer.
- Input services.msc in the Run dialog box and open the Task Manager.
- Click on Open Services and look for QuickbooksDBXX (where XX) denotes the QuickBooks Server Manager version.
- Double click the service name.
- Select Automatic for the Startup type in Properties. Ensure that the status of the service is either Started or Running.
- Select Restart the Service for both First failures as well as Second Failure and Subsequent failures in the Recovery tab.
- Repeat the process for QBCFMonitorService.
Step 5: Edit Windows host file
Since QuickBooks relies on Windows to function, there is a remote possibility that making changes to the Windows file can help recover from the error.
- Use the Command Prompt on the server to execute the “ipconfig /all” command after you open Run on the server.
- Open the Hosts file with Notepad from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc depending upon the Operating System version.
- Add all the IP addresses of the computers with QuickBooks Desktop installation on the network.
A Better Solution for QuickBooks Errors
There are so many precursors to QuickBooks Error H505 that it is almost impractical to diagnose the issue quickly without any downtime. The basic problem of installing QuickBooks on a private network and allowing multi-user access is the complexity it entails. The second option of opting for QuickBooks Enterprise might be too expensive for most small and medium businesses. That leaves most users with the option of QuickBooks hosting. This is the most reliable option as businesses do not have to handle the infrastructure requirements thereby minimizing the possibility of such errors. The service provider will also be able to provide technical assistance if need be.