QuickBooks is an invincible solution widely used by small and mid-sized businesses and freelance professionals to fulfill the accounting needs. Multi-user mode in QuickBooks is a feature that enables users to work on the same Company File simultaneously. QuickBooks H-Series Errors is an inevitable error caused due to internal or external technical glitches. QuickBooks Error H202 occurs when a Workstation fails to communicate with the Company file and doesn’t allow users to access the company file.
This article is envisioned to help you analyze the causes of QuickBooks Error H202. The resolution methods are further simplified with easy steps to fix QuickBooks H202 Error while you open the company file from a workstation. The actual Error message is illustrated as “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
Before you apply the steps to troubleshoot H202 Error in QuickBooks, understanding the causes of Error H202 in QuickBooks is essential. Recognizing the causes QB Error H202 will help you in effective removal of QB Error H202.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code H202
The elements that trigger QuickBooks Error Code H202 are numerous as listed below. Please take the due course to understand the facts to fix QB Error H202 on your own.
Whenever you open the Company file, QuickBooks attempts to establish a connection to the QuickBooks Server. When QuickBooks is unable to connect to the remote server in order to open the company file, QuickBooks Error H202 occurs.
- Wrong QuickBooks file hosting configuration or settings.
- QuickBooks communication is blocked by a Security software of a firewall.
- QuickBooks workstation is unable to ping the Host computer (IP address is unreachable)
- Conflicting QuickBooks Database Manager conflicts with DNS Server.
- Inoperative QuickBooks Services or damaged services components.
- Clash in Multiple Database Server Manager versions running.
- QuickBooks Error Code H202 port not available
The solutions to this error are different depending on the cause of the H series error. The methods to fix H-series Errors in QuickBooks (H101, H202, H303, H505) have similarities in it with few exceptions. Methods to resolve QuickBooks H202 error in the order placed for the optimum solution to QB Error H202.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error H202
Method – 1: Network Connectivity Testing and Calibration
- Open QuickBooks on all the computers networked for using QuickBooks.
- Click on the File menu and select Utilities and turn of hosting.
- Press windows key and type this “This PC” on the QuickBooks Host Computer.
- From the left windowpane double-click the Network option to verify that all the networked are visible.
- Ping all the workstations respectively from the QuickBooks Host / Server computer.
- Start to ping the QuickBooks Server / Host from the computer showing QB Error Code H202.
- The command for the ping test has to be done on Command Prompt.
- Ping command syntax: ping [Computer Name] and press Enter.
Latency in the command response and data packet loss indicate the Local Area Network glitches and the cause of Error Code H202. Fix the network issues on your own, if you are tech savvy a little bit. The network issues are not hardware oriented most of the times and may need the involvement of a QuickBooks Technician.
Method – 2: Analyze Network issues with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the tool and Scan the QuickBooks Company file folder.
- Take note of the IP address shown when the tool runs.
- Enable the ports which have the Open Ports Button in the firewall Status section.
- Follow the wizard instruction till the end.
- Try to open the file from the computer where Error Coder H202 occurs.
If the error code H202 still prevails, get QuickBooks firewall port exceptions added in your Windows Firewall and the security software to get rid of Error code H202.
QuickBooks Firewall ports Information
- QuickBooks 2016 firewall Ports: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QB 2017 firewall Ports: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks 2018 Firewall Ports: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QB 2019 does not have any static Firewall Ports. The ports are automatically renewed once you scan the company file in Database Server Manager In case you still encounter H202 Error in QuickBooks, try the next method.
Method – 3: Append the QuickBooks Server Information into Windows Host File
- The windows host file is located (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc)
- Make sure to apply this method on the computers where you are getting QuickBooks Error Code H202.
- Browse to the windows host file location as shown above.
- Right-click the Windows host file and select open with option and select notepad.
- Scroll to the end of the host file and type the IP Address of the server.
- Press TAB key once from your keyboard and type QuickBooks Server Name.
- Press Ctrl+S to save the changes in the host file and close the note pad.
This method normally helps to get rid of H202 Error QuickBooks while opening the company file or try method-4.
Method – 4: Change your Company File Location
- Create New Folder to keep your company file in, preferably Drive C: on your computer.
- Select the company file and the respective.TLG file from the existing company file folder and Press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Go to the New Company file folder and press Ctrl + V to copy the company file.
- Try to open the file in multi-user mode
- If error h202 error opening the company file still occurs, try out the next step.
Method – 5: Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press Windows+R from your keyboard and type msc and select Services Icon.
- Scroll through the List of services and select QuickBooksDBxx (Wherein XX represents the version of your QuickBooks).
- Double-Click the QuickBooksDBxx services and click the Stop to disable the service.
- Select the service start option as Automatic from the drop-down menu followed by Start
- Open QuickBooks and try to open the file again.
QuickBooks H202 Error is also seen if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service doesn’t work. If you still encounter H202 QuickBooks while opening the company file despite restarting the service try the next one.
Method – 6: Rename .TLG and .ND File
- Close QuickBooks on all the computers.
- Open the company file folder on the server computer.
- Search and select .TLG file associated with to your QuickBooks File having QuickBooks Error H202 while opening it.
- Right-click on .TLG file and select Rename.
- To rename the file prefix OLD before the file name and hit enter.
- Try the same steps for. ND file as well and close the QuickBooks Company File Folder.
- After these steps the. ND and .TLG file will be automatically created when you open the company file again.
- Open the company file again while holding the alternate key down till the file opens up.
- You normally shouldn’t have Errors opening company file after this step.
Proceed with the following method if the problem still persists.
Method – 7: Repair and Update QuickBooks
Method – 8: Open Windows Control Panel
- Close QuickBooks on all the computers. QuickBooks repair can be done simultaneously on all the computers.
- Open Windows Control Panel and select Programs and Features
- From the list of installed programs select QuickBooks and click Change/Repair
- Allow all the positive options throughout QuickBooks Software repair
- Once the repair is done, update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- You can try opening the company file to check if the QuickBooks Error H202 repair was successful.
The steps to fix H202 Error QuickBooks must have helped to get back in business. What all would be done to permanently fix the H-Series (H202) error in QuickBooks.
- Diagnosis of QuickBooks Software.
- Remove errors from the QuickBooks Company file.
- Get rid of recurring QuickBooks Errors.
- Prevent QuickBooks Data Loss.
- Fix QuickBooks Freeing issues.
QuickBooks Error H202 is tough to resolve at times. However, our ProAdvisor can help you fix the problems instantly. You might face some issues understanding deep technical terms while following the steps mentioned above. Call us on our QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1-888-300-3913 to get the most reliable solutions.
Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error H202 in an Easy Way
QuickBooks error H202 pops up when you try to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode and the multi-user connection to the server is jammed. H202 error may occurs because the company file is on a different computer and QB needs some help connecting it. When this error encounters, a QuickBooks user unable to open a company file placed on another computer. So, given below are the causes, symptoms, and remedies to fix this error. For technical assistance, contact QuickBooks Support to talk with our technicians.
What are the major causes Behind QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks software is not able to connect with the company file/files due to given reasons.
- Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Computer’s firewall system blocks the communication path.
- Inacceptable or damaged DNS setting.
- Unable to connect with the server.
- Wrong hosting configuration setting.
- QBCF Monitor or QuickBooks DBXX not running.
- Corrupted company files/file.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks H202 error can have the following symptoms.
- QuickBooks may hold up or freeze.
- Your computer may become inactive.
- QB user is not able to switch to the multiple-user mode.
- QuickBooks error code H202 message displays on the screen.
- You are not able to open a company file located on another computer.
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Error H202
There are numerous solutions to fix QuickBooks H202 error. For best results, follow the solutions in the given order.
Solution 1: Examine the network connectivity
- Switch off hosting on all the workstations.
- Take the server name from your workstation.
- Type the server name and hit Enter key on your keyboard.
If you notice packet loss or sluggish reply, that means the network has to be repaired. In sucha case, move to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Access the Network Diagnostic Tool
- At first, Download and install the tool.
- Examine the folder where the data file is located.
- Jot down the number of IP addresses and Network Interfaces.
- If the Firewall Status section has an Open Ports button, hit the button to allow those ports for QuickBooks.
- Check for the data file connectivity.
- Try to open your company data file.
If the error H202 still there, try to add the QuickBooks port to the list of exceptions in the Windows Firewall.
Solution 3: Add your server to the Windows Host file
- Go to the windows hosts file on your computer wherein the error is there.
- (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) by the use of Notepad.
- Open Notepad as an Admin, if required.
- Keep the insertion point after the last IP address and write the server’s IP address.
- Hit the TAB key once, and write the server name.
- From the File menu, select the “Save” option. After that, press Exit.
- Try to open the company file.
Solution 4: Make a new folder for your company file
- On the hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Share the folder and set up. After that, Windows will access permissions to share the company files.
- Now, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to a new folder.
- At last, open your company file in multi-user mode again.
Solution 5: Fix hosting to local files
- QuickBooks and hit F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- In the lower left, below the Local Server Information, choose Hosting to reflect ‘local files only’.
- Make sure that no other client system tries to host the same company file.
Solution 6: Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The open Windows Run dialog and writeservices.msc there. Click on OK.
- Right-click on QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and choose the option “Stop”.
- Right-click and choose the “Start” option. After that, close the window.
- Show extensions for the known file types.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose the “Explore” option. Then select the “Tools” option. Now, go for the” Folder” Options.
- Hit the View tab and erase ‘Hide extensions’ for the “known file types” box.
- Again, tap on the View tab and choose the option “Show hidden files and folders”, erase the ‘Hide protected operating system files’ box.
- Tap on the “Yes” option and click OK.
- Shut Windows Explorer.
Solution 7: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- In Windows search, write*.ND and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the .ND file in the Results window and tap on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Confirm deletion when asked.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Choose All Programs, then go for QuickBooks and after that select the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
- Hit the ‘Scan Folder’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add Folder’ button and then navigate to the company file folder.
- Choose the company file and tap the OK button. The way to the company file is in the Folders with QuickBooks company files field.
- Hit the option ‘Scan’ to start the scanning process.
- After the scan is over, hit Close.
Solution 8: Access QuickBooks Repair Software
If even after going through all the above solutions you are unable to overcome error code H202 in QuickBooks, that means your company file is badly damaged and needs instant repair. Therefore, without wasting much time, download Repair for QuickBooks Software and access it to eliminate all the errors from the company file. If still, the issue persists, dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number to get rid of this error.
Here’s a Quick Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks has widely established itself with the clientele of small to mid-sized businesses and individuals who are looking for solutions to handle the accounting and financial needs of their company. The accounting software has gained popularity aided by its user-friendly features and timely tools that QuickBooks launches to meet the customer requirements. However, just like any other software in the market, certain errors can hamper and cause glitches into the smooth working of the software and one such error is QuickBooks Error H202. Error Code H202, H303, and H505 specifically appears when a user tries to switch the hosting mode in the application from single-user mode to multi-user mode. If you have also encountered error code H202 in QuickBooks, then this indicates that application malfunction or failure of certain supporting components are preventing QuickBooks from entering in to multi-user mode to host the company file in the network.
Looking for Support to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202? Dial (844)-888-4666 for Immediate Help and Assistance from Certified QuickBooks Desktop Experts
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error H202?
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202 is linked to the QuickBooks multi-user mode errors and appears when the user tries to open the QB company file which is located on another computer in the network. The QuickBooks Error Message H202 pops up on the screen displaying an error message that states“You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server (H202)” The error generally implies that the multi-user connection to the server is blocked and hence QuickBooks can’t connect to the company file for any further operations.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code H202
As we progress in the blog to the solutions of the QuickBooks Error Code H202, we are listing down some of the possible causes of the QuickBooks Error H202. The error appears when Quickbooks Desktop tries to set up an connection with the company file however can’t connect to the server because of one of the accompanying reasons:
- Incorrect hosting settings either on the server or on the workstation.
- Windows firewall or third-party firewall application obstructing QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
- Faulty DNS settings like incorrect DNS server address or non existent DNS server.
- General network configuration errors preventing QuickBooks to connect with the other computers in the network.
- Crucial QuickBooks processes like QBCFMonitor not running.
- In case QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on your Windows PC.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is damaged or corrupt.
Answer to How do I Fix H202 Error in QuickBooks?
Solution 1: Ping your Server from each Workstation
This is a general troubleshooting step that you need to follow every time there is a connection related issue appear in the network. Pinging the server computer from the workstation ensures that there are no connection errors in the network that is preventing QuickBooks installed on the workstation to access the company file stored on the server computer.
- As the first step to this solution is to turn on the Network Discovery on your server computer and any workstations that are facing QuickBooks Desktop Error H202, follow the following steps for the same:
- Open the Windows Start menu on your server and on the error facing workstations.
- Type “Network” into the search and then open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Advanced Sharing settings.
- Turn on Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing options.
- Now, you need to get the server name from your server.
- From the start menu on your server computer, type “Run” in the search bar
- Type “CMD” into the run window and hit enter.
- Type “ipconfig/all” into the CMD window and press Enter.
- Find the text Host Name on the screen and to its right is where the server name is written.
- Note down this Host Name.
- Move to the workstation to test the server. The further steps can be overwhelming and getting the technical support at (844)-888-4666 can help into quick solution to the issue.
- Open Run from the Windows Start menu.
- Type “CMD” into the Run window.
- Then, type “ping_[your server name],” and hit Enter. Type in the server name without the brackets.
- Repeat the above steps on every workstation that is having the QuickBooks Error H202.
Solution 2: Delete and Recreate the .ND File
.ND files in QuickBooks are meant to store the network configuration of the application that helps QuickBooks to connect with other computers in the workstation and when this file gets damaged or corrupt QuickBooks starts facing connection issues. Once you delete the file and restart QuickBooks, it will automatically creates a fresh copy of the .ND file without any errors.
- Search on the windows search bar for *.nd and press Enter
- From the results, delete the .nd file.
- Now navigate to All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on “Scan Folder” tab and then hit the “Add Folder” button.
- Browse the company file and click on OK button.
- Start the scanning processes by clicking on Scan.
- Once the scan is complete click on Close.
Solution 3: Host the Company File on the Local Storage
hosting the company file locally on the device can help resolve several other issues including company file connection error H202.
- Open QuickBooks application and open the Product Information screen by using the F2 key.
- In the lower left corner, just below the Local Server Information, click Hosting to reflect “local files only.”
- Make sure that no other computer in the network tries to access the same company file.
Solution 4: Add your Server to the Windows Host File
Windows host file stores information about every other device that connects with the server. Adding the server information to the host file allows Windows to recognise the device allowing QuickBooks to access the company file saved on the server.
- Access the windows hosts file using Notepad on the computer which is facing the error.
- The host file is located at (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\).
- Open Notepad as Admin, if needed.
- After the last IP address type the server’s IP address (For instructions on looking up your server’s IP address follow article How to Find your Local and External IP Address)
- Hit the Tab key and type in the server name and from File menu click on Save.
- Press Exit.
- Open the company file to see if it has become accessible and QuickBooks Error H202 is resolved.
Solution 5: Restart QB Database Manager
Install and restart QuickBooks database server manager as it is one of the most crucial component to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode and for any reasons if it is not running on the server computer it is obvious to get errors while hosting the company file in multi-user environment. Restarting QuickBooks database server manager is a standard troubleshooting procedure to resolve general company file connection issues like error H202.
- Press the Windows key and Search Run in the search dialogue box.
- Type services.msc and click on OK to open it.
- Right-click QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and hit Stop.
- By right-clicking select Start and after that close the window.
- Display extensions for the known file types.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Explore> Tools> Folder Options.
- By clicking the View tab, clear Hide extensions for the known file types box.
- Again click the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders, clear the “Hide protected operating system files” box.
- Click on Yes that appears on the warning and hit OK.
- Close the Windows Explorer browser and try accessing the company file again
NOTE: Additionally you can also try to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager to get rid of H-series of errors in QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Check the Services on your Server
Setting up certain services like QuickBooks company file monitoring service and QuickBooks database manager to restart after a failure can fix the issue if the services fails to start in first attempt for some reasons.
- Open the Windows Start Menu on your server computer.
- Type “Run” into the search and open Run.
- Type “services.msc” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
- Find and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list XX notes your version of QuickBooks.
- Select Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Make sure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it’s neither, select Start.
- Navigate to the Recovery tab.
- Select Restart the Service from each of these drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Select Apply and then select OK to save the changes.
- Repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService.
When you’re done, open QuickBooks on each workstation. Go to the File menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode. If everything opens correctly, the problem is fixed.
NOTE: If you are getting some other errors while hosting the company file in multi-user mode, then follow our article on QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Errors for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
The blog aims to cover the basic issues of QuickBooks Cannot Switch to Multi User Mode H202 due to QuickBooks Error H202. However, it is very much possible the cause and consequently the solutions fail to solve it for you. The support team at +1-888-300-3913 is available to provide support for QuickBooks Desktop Error H202 with QuickBooks 2020 and previous versions. Talk to the customer executive to get the application running as smooth as it was before.
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Here is your step by step guide to fix QuickBooks Multi-user switching Error H202:
You may receive QuickBooks Error Code H202 when using or trying to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. The error window that pops up may show that the multi-user connection to the server is blocked.
The message that you receive with the occurrence of error code h202 states that the QuickBooks company file is located on a different computer and QuickBooks requires some help connecting. When this multi-user mode error shows up, you may fail to open a company file stored on another computer.
Here today, through this blog post, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error H202, it’s possible causes, symptoms and how to resolve it using few simple methods. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then in that case do not think much in speaking to our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our certified accounting professionals will provide you with the best possible support in resolving the error.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks error code 6000?
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
Before you dig in deep and find out what factors are responsible for this error, it is better to first find out what this error code is all about. QuickBooks Multi-user switching error H202 is an error associated with multi-user mode. There are many users who have reported this error while trying to open a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode. Usually this kind of error can also be seen when the user attempts to access company file that is stored on another system. This error code comes up with an error message stating:
“You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202)
If you have also stumbled upon any such error code, then this article can be of great help to you.
Reasons behind to the QuickBooks Error H202
A communication issue between your QuickBooks desktop and the server may cause this error. Below are some of the most common reasons that cause QuickBooks H202 error:
- Hosting settings are not configured properly
- Exchange of company data between QB and server is being blocked by the system firewall
- DNS settings are not inappropriately configured
- IP address of the Host or the server is not available to QuickBooks Desktop
- Services like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX are not running
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has some issues
- .nd file is corrupted or damaged
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Following are the symptoms of Multi-user switching Error H202 in QuickBooks:
- You are not able to switch to multiple-user mode
- You can’t open a company file located on another computer
- QuickBooks error code H202 message pops up on your computer screen
- QuickBooks has gotten slow and freezes or stopped working for a few seconds while using
- Your windows computer is getting slow.
Read Also: How to rectify QuickBooks error 80070057?
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 Like a Pro
Before starting to perform any troubleshooting steps, you will have to ensure that you are logged into QuickBooks as an administrator.
Method 1 – Test network connectivity
- Open Run window by pressing (Windows+R keys) in the system where you receive error code H202.
- Type CMD in the box and click on OK.
- Now, from your computer, you have to ping your server.
- Next, type ping_server name and hit the Enter key.
- You can perform the steps mentioned above on all the systems that receive the same error.
- In case the response you receive is slow or you lost packet, then there might be some issue with the network and a repair is needed.
Solution 2 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is a reliable, troubleshooting tool by Intuit to diagnose and troubleshoot different types of QB errors such as QuickBooks error code H101, H202, H303 or H505. In order to use this tool, you must first download it (if not downloaded) from Intuit’s official website and run it. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to download and install QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The user can also open it from the QuickBooks tools hub, by selecting the company file issues.
- The next step is to select the company file from the drop down menu. In case the user is unable to identify the file, then the user needs to select Browse and search to find the file.
- Once done with that, the user needs to choose the check your file and then click on Continue.
- The last step is to enter the QuickBooks admin password and then select Next option.
It should be noted that the scan time depends on the file size, and in majority of the cases, it might take up to 5 minutes. After the scan completes, the user is recommended to open the QuickBooks software and the company file.
Method 3 – Install and run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, on your server, open the Windows Start menu.
- Type in the word database in the search field.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the list.
- Look for the folder that has company files stored. You can also use the browse feature to find this folder.
- Tap on Start Scan button.
- Fix system firewall setting with QBDBSM.
- Once the scan is over, click the Close button.
- On each of the workstation on which the error appears, you have to open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and click on it.
- Click on Switch to multi-user mode.
- If you can now use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, the QuickBooks H202 error has been resolved.
If the error persists, try the next solution.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 6000 82?
Method 4 – Verify QuickBooks services
If the server is running a full version of QuickBooks, you can follow the further provided steps to start multi-user hosting mode:
- While on the server, open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to File and then Utilities.
- Select Host multi-user access.
For verifying the running status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on the server, follow the given steps:
- Open Run window.
- Type in services.msc in the text field and click on OK key.
- Select QuickBooksDBXX.
- Check the Startup type, if it is Automatic or not.
- If the Startup type is not set as Automatic then do it.
- Check Service status and ensure it shows Running.
- Go to the Recovery tab and select it.
- Go to the drop-down menus for first, second and subsequent failures and select Restart the service of all these.
- Click on Apply and then OK button.
- Perform all the above-mentioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 5 – Add the services QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService to the admin group
Offer QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService Windows admin permission on the server. If these services do not already have admin permission, then make sure they get it as this may also fix QuickBooks Error Code H202. See if you can use the accounting software in multi-user mode. If not, move to to the next step.
Method 6 – Configure system firewall settings
Your system firewall may sometime block data exchange between QuickBooks and the server. In that case, you can perform the following steps to configure QuickBooks firewall settings to ensure unhindered communication between QB and the server.
- Create exceptions in settings of system firewall.
- Make changes to system firewall permissions and then open QuickBooks on all of the computers.
- Select Switch to multi-user mode under the File menu.
Method 7 – Go to Windows host file and add server
- Firstly, close all QuickBooks windows.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server.
- Double- click on hosts file and select Notepad upon being prompted for a program.
- Manually type in IP address and then the name of the computer. For the server, type the IP and name of the computer. For a computer, type the IP of the server and the computer name. In order to separate the computer name and IP address, press Tab key on your keyboard rather than the Space bar.
- Try opening QuickBooks in multi-user mode and see if QuickBooks error code H202 has been fixed.
Method 8 – Make a new folder for QuickBooks company file
- Make a new folder on the server.
- Make changes in the permissions for this new folder and QuickBooks company files to be shared.
- Copy (CTRL+C) .qbw file to the new folder.
- Now open your company file in the multi-user mode.
You may also see: How to fix QuickBooks script errors?
Method 9 – Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In this process, the user needs to download and install QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- And then scan the folder, where the data file is situated.
- After that, the user is required to note down the number of IP addresses and network interfaces.
- If the firewall status section has an Open ports tab, then the user needs to enable the ports for QuickBooks.
- The next step is to test the data file connectivity.
- The user is then required to try opening the company data file.
Method 10 – Using QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to fix the network issues
- The very first step is to download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on the hosting system
- And then, scan the folder storing the QuickBooks company files
- After that note down the IP address that shows up when the QB connection diagnostic tool is running
- The next step is to configure the firewall ports as instructed by the diagnostic tool
- Also, follow the further instructions of the connection diagnostic tool
- And lastly, try opening QB company files on the system in which the H202 error showed up
Method 11 – Changing the company file location
- The user will have to create new folder to keep the company file in, preferably the Drive C: on the system
- And then choose the company file and respective .TLG file from the existing company file folder and then press Ctrl + C to copy
- After that, the user needs to navigate to the new company file folder and press Ctrl+V keys to paste the company file
- And then try to open the file in the multi-user mode
- To end the process, try opening the company file and check if the error persists.
Method 12 – Edit the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file on the Fedora Linux Server
- Firstly, open the Linux Terminal Window and also open the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini.
- Now check the default range for ports and delete any spaces before and after the (=) equal sign.
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 20.0||55388 = 5||55388=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0||55383 = 5||55383 = 5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0||55378 = 5||55378 = 5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0||55373 = 5||55373 = 5|
- Now you can find the complete list of ports in Install Linux Database Server Manager.
- Also save the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file.
- Lastly, stop and reboot the QBDBFILEMON and QBDBMGRN services.
Method 13 – QuickBooks firewall ports information
- QuickBooks 2016 firewall Ports: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QB 2017 firewall ports: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks 2018 firewall ports: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks 2019 doesn’t have any static firewall ports: The ports are automatically renewed once the user can the company file in Database server manager.
Method 14 – Setting hosting to local files
The user needs to ensure that no other client system is trying to host the same company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The user needs to launch QuickBooks and then press F2 key, in order to open the product information screen
- And then, in the lower left corner, the user should select hosting to reflect local files only under local server information
We hope that you find the above-mentioned solutions helpful in fixing QuickBooks error code H202. In case you are not able to perform any of the methods provided in this post or if the issue exists even after trying all the solutions that we have mentioned, you should immediately call our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise support team by dialing +1-888-300-3913. We have all your tech needs covered – 24/7, 365 days a year.
Solutions to the QuickBooks Error Code H202
Learn the best ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code H202 like a Pro
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software, being used by small and medium sized business all over the world. This application is known for effectively handling the payroll, transactions, bookkeeping management, maintaining records and various other financial activities thereby ensuring smooth business operations.
QuickBooks may have many benefits, but it isn’t immune to any technical glitches or errors. At times these errors can be easily fixed while few others can affect the entire operations of the organization. And in such cases expert guidance’s are required. A common error that users often face is the QuickBooks error code H202. So, in this blog we will discuss every aspect of the this error right from what is it, to its causes, symptoms and of course the solutions.
Thus, make sure to read this post till the end, or you can also get in touch with us our support team i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Our experts and certified QB professionals will help you in fixing the issue with much ease.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 3371?
What is QuickBooks error code H202?
The QuickBooks multi-user mode is mainly associated with the error H202. This issue happens when the user tries to access a QuickBooks company file that is placed in another computer and the copy of QuickBooks cannot reach to that server. Moreover, many of the users when trying to open the QuickBooks file in a multi-user mode often receive the message:
‘You are trying to with a company file that is located on another computer and the copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server of that computer’. And this is the QuickBooks error code H202.
Causes of the QuickBooks error code H202
Checkout the following infographic to know the possible causes behind to the error H202:
- Mis-configured hosting settings
- The firewall software blocking the exchange of data between QuickBooks and the server
- The DNS settings are not configured properly
- The Host’s or server’s IP address is not available to QuickBooks Desktop
- QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX services are not running
- Issue with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Damaged or corrupted .ND file.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code H202
- QuickBooks may freeze
- Your computer can become inactive
- You will not be able to switch to the multi-user mode
- You will also not be able to open company file on another computer
- The H202 error code will be displayed repeatedly on the computer screen.
Read Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 2107
How to Resolve the QuickBooks error H202?
If you see QuickBooks Error H202 when trying to switch into multi-user mode, then following solution methods can help you to resolve the error swiftly:
Solution 1: Check Network Connectivity
- On all workstations turn off the hosting
- From your workstation take your server name
- Fill in the name of your server and then hit on Enter on your keyboard.
In case you notice sluggish reply, then in that case the network needs to be fixed. So, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Access the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
- The first thing to do is to download and install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
- After that check the folder where data file is located
- Note down the IP address and Network Interfaces
- Check if your Firewall Status section has Open Ports button, then click on the button and allow the ports for QuickBooks
- After this check for data connectivity
- Now make an attempt to open your company file.
In case, the H202 error still persists then try to add the QuickBooks ports to the list of exception in firewall.
Solution 3: Server to be added to the Windows Host File
- First go to the Windows Host file on your computer where the error is
- (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) in the notepad
- If required, open the notepad as admin
- After the last IP address keep the insertion point and write the server’s IP address
- Now click on the TAB key once and then write the server name
- Select the Save option from the File menu and click on Exit button.
- Now try to open the company file.
Solution 4: Make a new folder for your company file
- Make a new holder on the hosting computer
- Now share the folder and set up. Once done, Windows will request for permission to share the company files
- Now the QuickBooks Database file (QBW) needs to be copied to a new folder.
- Lastly, try to open the company file in the multi-user mode again.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6176?
Solution 5: Resolve the hosting to local files
- Open QuickBooks and then click on F2 key in order to open the Product Information Screen.
- In the bottom left, below the Local Server Information, choose hosting to reflect the local files only
- Ensure that no other client makes an attempt to host the same company file.
Solution 6: Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, the launch the Windows Run dialog and then type services.msc. and then click on OK.
- After that right-click on QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and select Stop.
- Now right-click and then select on Start and once done, close the window.
- Now you have to display extensions for known file types.
- You have to right-click on the Windows Start button and then choose Explore then go to Tools and the Folder Options,
- Once you are done, click on the View tab and then clear ‘Hide Extensions’ for the known file types box.
- Again, click on the View tab and choose the Show Hidden Files and Folders and then clear the Hide Protected Operating System file’s box.
- After this click Yes on the warning and then on OK button.
- Now close the Windows Explorer.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 99001?
Solution 7: Remove and recreate the .ND file
- In the Windows search, type *.ND and then click on Enter key.
- Now in the result Windows, right-click on .ND file and then hit the Delete button
- When prompted confirm the deletion
- Once the delete procedure is done, click on the Windows Start button
- Now select All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on the Scan Folder tab
- Now click on Add Folder button and then search for the company file folder
- After this choose the company file and click on the OK button. The path to the company file is in the Folders with QuickBooks company files filed.
- Now click on Start Scan to begin with the scanning procedure
- Once the scan is complete, click on Close.
Solution 8: Follow steps depending upon the host the company files
Hosting own network: In case the user hasn’t already, he/she can carry out the steps to install QuickBooks database server manager on the server for each of the versions of QuickBooks that are currently in use. The server is basically the system that hosts the company files. After the user installs the database server manager, the user needs to continue with the section below:
There can be two ways to set up the database server manager:
- The full program option: This option can be opted to install the full version of QuickBooks desktop and database server manager on the server manager.
- The server only option: In this option, the user installs the database server manager on the server system.
Hosting the network with Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2
The user can follow these steps, in order to use Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2, to host the network. The user should not continue with the sections below.
Making use of QuickBooks Enterprise Hosting
In case the user is making use of QuickBooks Enterprise hosting, then the user should not follow the steps in the article below.
Making another hosting solution
In case the user is using another solution like right networks, then the user should contact the professionals.
The point to be noted here is that the devices like Network Attached Storage (NAS) do not support the Database server manager.
Read Also: How to Access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
Solution 9: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server, from the Tools Hub
- The very first step in this process is to close QuickBooks.
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub file, and then save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- The next step is to open the file that the user downloaded.
- Moving ahead, the user will have to carry out the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The last step is to double click the icon after the install finishes.
Your server computer is the one that stores your QuickBooks company file. Your other computers connected to your network are your workstations.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Network Issues tab.
- After that choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool.
- Now inside the QBDBSM, you need to choose Start Scan option if your company file folder are displayed. If they aren’t, Browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Server Manager will repair your firewall permissions automatically.
- Once the scan process finishes, choose Close option.
- Now you need to open your QuickBooks on every workstation where you see QuickBooks Error H202.
- Choose File and Switch to Multi-user Mode. If you use your server computer as a workstation, be sure to check it too.
If your workstations can go into multi-user mode without any issues, everything is fixed.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101?
The QuickBooks error code H202 can be easily fixed through the above-mentioned solutions. But if you notice that the problem still persists then you have to get help from the QuickBooks enterprise customer support team at +1-888-300-3913 who will come up with a quick solution and will also give you tips to avoid such technical issues in the near future.
Our team will ensure to provide the best possible support services to all QuickBooks users.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H202, and How Do You Fix It?
Summary: In this post, we will talk about QuickBooks error H202, what causes the error, and how it can be fixed by using manual methods and QuickBooks repair software.
When switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode, users often report about receiving Error Code: H202. The error message reads as follows:
Error code: H202
This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
Here’s how to fix this problem:
on the computer where the company file is located, open the start menu, then open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The Database Server Manager will scan your files and restore the connection.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
On a multi-user network, QuickBooks company files (QBW) are stored on a server computer. All other computers connected to the network (that don’t host the QBW files) are called workstations.When a workstation fails to access a company file placed on another computer, it results in H202 QuickBooks error.
What Causes QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks error code H202 occurs when QuickBooks Desktop is trying to establish a connection to the company file, but can’t communicate with the server due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- The server computer firewall is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Conflict with DNS server.
- QuickBooks is unable to get the IP address of the host system or server hosting the company file.
- Some internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running on the server computer.
- The network data file (.ND) is corrupt or damaged.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
NOTE: Before performing the solutions explained in this section, make sure to back up your QBW file. Doing so will ensure that you can go back and restore the original data.
Intuit recommends using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix the error. But if you’ve already done that, and still getting H202 error, try the following solutions:
NOTE: For optimum results, implement the solutions in the following order.
Solution 1 – Test Network Connectivity
Ping your server from the workstation getting error H202 to check network connection.
NOTE: If you don’t know your server name, you will need to turn on “Network Discovery” on your server computer and on any workstation receiving the error.
Follow these steps to ping your server:
1. Type run into Windows search bar to open Run window.
2. In the Run window, type cmd into the search box, and click Enter.
3. Enter ping [servername] to ping the server name from your workstation, and press the Enter key.
NOTE: Make sure to keep space between ping and your server name. Also, don’t include brackets around the server name when executing this step.
If you detect packet loss or get a slow reply, it means the network needs to be repaired. In that case, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2 – Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve network issues that might be blocking multi-user connection to the server.
If the error H202 still persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3 – Configure your Firewall Settings for QuickBooks Desktop
Make sure that the server computer firewall settings isn’t blocking QuickBooks. Read the post ‘Configure Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop’ for detailed instructions on adding QuickBooks ports exception on the firewall.
Once you’ve set the firewall permissions, try opening QuickBooks on your workstation in multi-user mode. If the problem persists, check out the next solution.
Solution 4 – Make Sure the QuickBooks Services are Running
Ensure that the QuickBooks services are running on the server computer. Follow the below listed steps to check if the QuickbooksDBXX services are running, and then repeat them for QBCFMonitorService.
1. Type Run into the Windows search bar.
2. In Run window, type services.msc, and then hit Enter.
3. In Services window, browse and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list.
NOTE: XX notes is your version of QuickBooks.
4. The QuickBooksDBXX Properties window is displayed. Select Automatic as the Startup Type.
5. The Service status must be set to either Running or Started. Or else, select Start.
6. Next, choose the Recovery tab.
7. Choose Restart the Service from all three drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
8. Click Apply, and then click OK to save the changes.
Repeat the steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Once you’ve completed the steps, open QuickBooks on each workstation. Click the File menu and choose Switch to Multi-user Mode option. If you can correctly open everything, the problem is fixed.
Solution 5 – Add your Server to Windows Hosts File
To add your computer server to the Windows hosts file, you will need to edit the file. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Browse any of the following paths to open the Windows hosts file (on the computer getting the error):
2. Double-click the hosts file.
3. When prompted with ‘How do you want to open this file’, choose Notepad.
4. In the hosts file, after the last IP address, enter Server’s IP address followed by server name.
NOTE: Use TAB key instead of space bar for separating IP address and server name.
5. From the File menu, choose Save.
6. Click Exit.
After executing the above steps, try opening the company file in multi-user mode. If this doesn’t work, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 6 – Create a New Folder for Your QBW File
The next method is to create a new folder for your QBW file:
- On the server computer, create a new folder.
- Share the folder and set up folder and Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to the new folder.
- Open your company file in multi-user mode again.
Solution 7 – Set Hosting to Local Files
Following these steps will ensure that no other client system is trying to host the same company file:
- Launch QuickBooks and press F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- In the lower left corner, select Hosting to reflect ‘local files only’ under Local Server Information.
Solution 8 – Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Many QuickBooks users have said that restarting Database Server Manager helped them resolve the H202 error. Here’s how:
- Open the Run window, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and select Stop.
- Right-click and select Start. Then close the window.
- Display extensions for known file types.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Explore > Tools > Folder Options.
- Click the View tab and clear Hide extensions for the ‘known file types’ box.
- Again click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and then clear the ‘Hide protected operating system files’ box.
- In Warning window, click Yes, and then hit OK.
- Close Windows Explorer.
Solution 9 – Delete and Recreate the .ND file
Try deleting and recreating the corrupt .ND file to fix the issue:
- In Windows search box, type *.ND, and then hit Enter.
- In the Results window, right-click on the .ND file and click Delete.
- Confirm deletion when prompted.
- Next, click the Windows Start button.
- Select All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click the Scan Folder tab.
- Click Add Folder, and browse the company file folder.
- Select the company file, and click the OK button. The path to the company file is in the Folder with QuickBooks company files field.
- Click Scan to start the scanning process.
- Once the scan is complete, click Close.
What Else Can You Do?
If the problem persists despite following all of the above solutions, you can contact QuickBooks customer support team for help.
Remember performing the solutions incorrectly can lead to data loss. That is why it is recommended that you must back up your company file. But if you suspect that your company file is severely damaged or corrupt, using Stellar Repair for QuickBooks can help. The software can also help you remove all the errors from the QBW file and your QuickBooks application.
Why Use Stellar QuickBooks Repair Software?
- The advanced QuickBooks File Repair Software can repair severely damaged and corrupt QuickBooks (QBW) file, without making changes in the original file.
- Can help eliminate recurring errors, application freezes, and data loss risk.
- Recovers all data of the company, its customers, vendors, and employees.
- Interactive user interface easily scans QBW file and displays preview of recoverable data.
- Supports QuickBooks 2020 and all the lower versions.
QuickBooks Error H202 can be a tough one to resolve. However, with the right solutions by your side, you can overcome it and all other such problems to keep working on your QuickBooks financial transactions, uninterrupted. This post covers all the solutions that can help you get rid of QuickBooks error H202. But, make sure to back up your QuickBooks company files and keep Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software handy for repairing the QBW file and recovering its data.
Fix QuickBooks Error H202 – Multi User Switching Error
Learn about QuickBooks Error H202 and the ways to resolve it
QuickBooks is widely recognized as one of the finest accounting software, and is known for its amazing capabilities of handling transactions, bookkeeping, payroll management, maintaining records, and various other accounting activities. Though QuickBooks accounting software has transformed the way businesses carry out there accounting activities, it can’t be disregarded that it is also prone to multiple errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code H202 that usually occurs when trying to switch into multi-user mode. In this blog post, we are going to discuss about one of the most reported error code that is faced by many QB users.
What is QuickBooks Error H202 and why it occurs?
QuickBooks error H202 may appear on your desktop screen when you try to open your company file in a multi-user mode. This error will prevent QuickBooks to perform the given task.
In order to know what causes the error H202, and how to resolve it, make sure to read and understand the complete procedure given below. We ensure that these troubleshooting steps will resolve your Error Code H202 instantly & will provide the best results. However, if you want a group of experts or certified professionals to fix the issue for you, then in that case, you can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to assist you in fixing the issue for you.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
The images as shown below is similar to which appears on your desktop.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
Discussing some responsible issues that cause QuickBooks H202 errors as explained below:-
- The main cause behind this error can be if the hosting configuration setting is incorrect.
- Or in case the QB file setting option blocks to access the company file. Thus it blocks incoming or outgoing communication.
- The error can also be seen if there is any damage or having an incorrect .ND files configuration that allows unable to access that allow the database file through QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks software is unable to search the main IP address of host the system or by using some other IP address.
- A company data file is not communicating easily to the server.
- If the setting of DNS is improper or incomplete.
- The QuickBooks service like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF is not started.
- Firewall or a security software is blocking the communication to the company file, in such a situation also error H202 is most probable to occur.
- When a user will try to work with a company file & it is located with a multi –user mode & this replicates the QuickBooks that is unable to reach the server on your system.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202
To Resolve the error code H202 try to follow one of these given solutions:
Method 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
In order to Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool Click Here: http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/qbfd.exe.
Important Note: If you currently have a version of File Doctor on your computer system (you will certainly see an File Doctor Icon on your desktop screen), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release. It is advised to uninstall any type of previous variations of File Doctor prior to downloading and installing.
First of all, the user needs to download the QuickBooks file doctor on your server. This helps to clear your H202 error in a multi-user mode as automatically. If in case, a user face an issue the same, try to proceed the Next solution.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 6130?
Method 2: Verifying the QuickBooks hosting
- The initial step is to open QuickBooks on the hosting system and then select “File” & click on “Utilities“.
- And then, see the list of “Host Multi-User” to Access it, this computer is not hosting the file. Move to the next system. Note one thing don’t change anything on your workstation.
- If you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“, select it.
- Ensure that company file must be closed, click to “Yes” option.
Method 3: Verify the QuickBooks Services
- The very first step is to ensure that “QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor” services and start this.
- Click on Windows “Start” button.
- And then press the keys as “Windows + R” keys to run the program.
- In that running dialog box, type as “MSC” and hit “Enter” key.
- Service Window: – Scroll down and the presence of QuickBooks DBXX service.
- QuickBooksDBXX service is not seen or unable to look forward as.
- With the help of using Database Server Manager now confirm it and get to installed on a server.
- Now “Run” your full program on a server, first open the QuickBooks now select and then verified that the hosting is enabled or not.
- Give a double-click the “QuickBooksDBXX” service. Then get to confirm what is the Startup type & also the service status begins.
- Now select the “Recovery” option.
- Open your computer menu & restart it thus it will automatically restart your “QuickBooksDBXX” service if in case it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Now “Apply” to save all your changes.
- The above steps for “QBCFMonitor” Service, replay it.
- Then make a fresh start your QuickBooks software in the multi-user mode on your each workstation.
Method 4: Ping your server from a workstation
There might be a firewall issue if you see QuickBooks Error H202 on one or more of your workstations. To fix the issue Ping your server from each workstation where you are getting Error H202.
- On your server computer and workstations, Open the “Windows Start Menu“.
- After that type Network into the search and then open Network and sharing center.
- After that choose change advanced sharing settings.
- Ensure that you have selected Turn on network discovery.
Now get your server name from your server:
- First of all you need to open the Windows Start menu on your server computer.
- After that type “Run” into the search and then open Run box.
- After that type “CMD” into the Run window, and then hit on Enter key.
- Now type “ipconfig/all” into the command window, and then press Enter key.
- After that search the Host Name in the Windows IP Configuration section. You will find your server name is on the right.
- Now you have to note down the hostname and copy it to a word file so that you can access it quickly.
Related Post: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H505?
Method 5: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub and run QuickBooks database server manager
- To begin with, the user is required to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- And then, move to the browser download list by pressing Ctrl + J keys.
- The next step is to click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to carry out the on-screen prompts to install it.
- After that, the user is required to open the tool from the desktop icon, once the installation is complete.
- After the QuickBooks hub, the user is required to run QuickBooks database server manager.
- Double click the QuickBooks tools hub icon
- And then, select the network issues tab, followed by clicking on the QuickBooks database server manager.
- In case QuickBooks database server manager shows the correct company file location, the user is supposed to click on start scan option, else click on the browse to select company file folder and then hit start scan option.
- After that, the QuickBooks database server manager will repair the firewall and provide all the efficient permissions required to access in all systems.
- The next step in the process is to click on close after the repair is successful.
- After that, the user will have to open the QuickBooks desktop on the system on which the error code H202 was encountered.
- Followed by clicking on the file> switch to multi-user mode.
Important: If your workstations can go into multi-user mode without any issues, everything is fixed.
We hope this blog helped to resolve your QuickBooks Error Code H202. If still the same error persist then connect with our QuickBooks support phone number i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our enterprise support team will be pleased to help you out in your accounting problems.