QuickBooks Server Busy Error happens due to a conflict between the QuickBooks Update Manager and some other program on the computer. There comes an error message saying – ‘Error: Server Busy’ and the action cannot be finished as another program is busy.
When you are working on QuickBooks Desktop, you may encounter these issues, and a pop-up window might appear as shown below:
The blog will glance over the causes and solution for QuickBooks Server Busy Error.
Causes of QuickBooks Server Busy Error:
- Another program that QuickBooks is looking to work with is awaiting a response from your end.
- Windows Updates are happening in the background
- QuickBooks Desktop/ its components did not properly close the last time you closed it.
- Multiple computers are established for QB Desktop Company File hosting.
- Firewall/Security software is blocking QB Desktop updates.
- QuickBooks Update Manager & some other program are conflicting with each other.
- Intuit Pro Series (US) or Profile (Canada) can also create conflict.
- There are Insufficient resources for the network to RUN QB Desktop.
How to fix QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
Before moving onto the solution give another try by Check Network Resources>> Close and Re-open QuickBooks. If you see error messages, then perform the 3: steps.
Step 1: Close Open Programs
- If it is necessary to keep a program open, then ensure that No dialog boxes are open in that program. For- MS Word might have a dialog box open that tells you to save a document. This is also a reason for the Server Busy message.
- Other programs such as Norton, Google Desktop, Vista Security, Pivot software control, etc. might cause this error.
- While using Selective Startup in Windows, stop IntuitFCS
- Webroot Spy Sweeper can lead to this error. To rectify this temporarily disable the software or run this in the Gamer mode while you are using the QB Desktop.
Step 2: Check Windows updates
On the Windows taskbar system, check whether Windows is installing an update or not. If an update is happening or it needs to be installed then finish it. After this Restart computer as guided by Windows. If no update is happening, then proceed with the next step.
Step 3: Close QuickBooks Desktop Components
- First, close the Data file and Exit QB Desktop
- Now right-click windows Task Bar and click ‘Task Manager.’
- Click ‘Processes Tab’
- If any of the below tasks is listed then end it. (Note: Choose each process and press End Process)
- Now start QuickBooks desktop and Open data file.
Step 4: Remove QB Update Agent showing ‘Server Busy’ message
- First, click ‘Windows start’ option and select All Programs>> Startup
- Now right-click ‘QB Update agent’>> select Delete>> Click Delete shortcut
- Turn off shared updates in QB Desktop. To do this perform the below steps:
- Navigate to ‘Help’ menu and Click ‘Update QuickBooks’
- Now click ‘Options’ tab
- For ‘share download’ option, click NO
- Click ‘Close’
Step 5: Run Reboot.bat
If the problem has not been solved till now then, run the Reboot.at file.
Step 6: Repairing QuickBooks
Another solution is to Repair QuickBooks.
For Windows 7, 8/8.1, and 10
The Installation Wizard runs the Repair, therefore do not be misled by references to the Installation Wizard.
- First restart Computer to shut ‘Unnecessary programs’ obstructing QuickBooks
- Back up QB Company file.
Step 7: Perform a Clean install
Lastly, you need to perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop. Refer to this link to know all the steps for Clean Install.
- If you have Pro series on the computer
- Check Windows task manager for qbpsevntXXr.exe ( XX is the Intuit Pro series software year ). Note the executable year (XX) in the file name.
- Now Open Windows Explorer
- Search the open intuit Pro series folder for that year & this is generally c:\ProWinXX
- Now Open the 32-bit Folder
- Find the ‘qbpsevtXXr.exe’ & right-click and choose ‘’
- Now Add ‘old’ to the last of the file name.
- Shut the Windows Explorer.
- If the above solutions have not been successful, then try the below points.
- With Networking, Boot Windows to a SafeMode>> Start QB Desktop>>Restart Windows to a normal mode. These steps can resolve the issue.
- Run QB Desktop and try and resolve the error in Windows Selective Startup and then in Windows Safe Mode.
- If QB is Run on a Network then, Restart computer>> Reconnect the computer to all mapped drives.
- See if backup software is running on the server/network. If you see that it is, then it might be scanning the Hard Drive, restricting access to QB Desktop files and thus leading to the error. You need to check this by temporarily disabling the software and see if the issue reoccurs. If not, then it might be a conflict with scanning software that has to be resolved by help from system/ network administrator. Other sources from where it can be resolved are the vendor from where the software/hardware purchase was made, the manufacturer’s/ software developer’s website, local computer, etc.
- If you see Security software is installed on the server machine, then it is scanning new & updated files in the background & hence locking-up the template file. To avoid this, you can disable the security software else DOC files to an exception list. Refer to the security software documentation for detailed steps.
This ends this blog. The above-provided solutions should suffice in resolving QuickBooks Server Busy error. Even now if the Server Busy error is unsolved, then it is something else causing the issue. Get in touch with an industry expert at QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 to rectify this issue.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Server Busy Error Message?
Are you searching for the right solution to fix QuickBooks server busy error? Well if yes, then your search ends with this article. QuickBooks server busy error, comes with a pop-up message displayed on the screen:
Error: Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy
Majority of the times, this pop-up message restricts the workflow, and create a lot of fuss. Finding the apt solution for this error is not that difficult, the only thing that is required is to look for the actual cause behind the error. It is important to move in synchronized manner and first find out the causes of the error and the solutions to the same.
In today’s article, we will be talking about the causes and the fixes of QuickBooks server busy error. To fix this error, the user can read the article till the end, or speak to our accounting professionals for any expert assistance. Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and you are good to go.
You may also read: What is the Use of QuickBooks component repair tool?
Brief into QuickBooks server busy error
When the user logs in to the QuickBooks account, the user come across an error message popping up on the screen that reads, Error: Server busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. This issue could be annoying as it directly concerns the access of QuickBooks desktop on the windows operating software based computer system. Unless the user is aware of the causes of the error, it becomes difficult to tackle through it. Read ahead and explorer further!
Trigger to QuickBooks server busy error
- One of the causes of the error can be when another program that QuickBooks is trying to work with is waiting for a response from the user.
- Also, when the windows update is running in the background.
- This type of could also be seen when the QuickBooks desktop was unable to shut down properly.
- In case the network doesn’t have sufficient resources to run the QB accounting software.
- Any kind of conflict with Intuit ProSeries or Profile might also cause a conflict.
- And the list goes on………………
Methods to fix the server busy error in QuickBooks
Before jumping on to the quick fixes, the user is first required to check the network resources, and then the user close and reopen the QuickBooks accounting software. In case the user continues to receive the error message, then he/she can proceed to the rectification methods listed below:
Method #1: Close all open programs
The very first method is to close all the open programs. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In case there are any open programs, the user is required to ensure that there is no dialog box open in that program, as it could lead to server busy error message.
- Programs such as, Norton, Google desktop, Windows defender, Vista Security, or Pivot Software control can also be a reason behind the error.
- It should also be noted that if the user is making use of Selective startup in Windows, then he/she should stop Intuit FCS.
- Also, webroot spy sweeper can also cause this kind of error. Thus, the user is required to disable the Spy Sweeper, or run the same in the Gamer mode.
Read also: How to handle QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
Method #2: Checking Windows update
In case the above method doesn’t work, you can move to the next one. In this method, the user is supposed to see if the Windows is installing an update, on the windows taskbar system tray. If there are any updates available, then let it complete. Then, reboot the system, as directed by the Windows.
Method #3: Closing all the QuickBooks desktop components
Another solution can be to close all QuickBooks desktop components open in the background. This would resolve the issue up to a great extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user is required to close the data file and then exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that, right-click the Windows taskbar and then choose the task manager.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on the Processes tab.
- And then, the user is supposed to end any of the QB related processes, if they are listed.
- And then, open the QuickBooks desktop and also the data file.
Method #4: Eliminate QuickBooks update displaying the Server busy message
Eliminating the QuickBooks update displaying the server busy message might be another effective method to fix the error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user is required to open start menu, and then click on All programs option.
- The next step is to select startup, and then right-click QuickBooks Update agent, followed by selecting date and then click on the delete shortcut.
- Once done with that, the user is required to turn off the shared updates in QuickBooks desktop:
- Visit help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- After that click on the Options tab.
- And then, tap on No for the share download option.
- The last step is to click on close option.
Method #5: Run Reboot.bat
In case the problem continues, the user can run the Reboot.bat file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, right-click QuickBooks desktop icon on the desktop. The next step in the process is to select Properties option. And then opt for Open file location option.
- Once done with that, the user is required to select the Shortcuts option from the properties menu. Followed by, right-clicking the reboot.bat file. After that, the user is required to select Run as Administrator.
- The user will then see a command window with rapidly scrolling file names. It should be noted that do not manually close the window, as the window will close automatically when the reboot.bat file utility gets complete.
Method #6: Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop
Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop can also help in fixing the issue. The steps involved in this process are listed below:
- The user is required to ensure that clean install is right for the person.
- Also, gather information and then back-up the data.
- The next step is to uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download and install QuickBooks Tools hub.
- Now open QuickBooks tool hub and navigate to the installation issues.
- Once done with that the user is required to run the clean install tool.
- And finally reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
In case the Intuit ProSeries is installed on the system
- Firstly, the user is required to check the Windows Task Manager for qbpsevntXXr.exe.
- After that, open the Windows explorer.
- And then, the user is required to spot and open the Intuit ProSeries folder for that year.
- The next step is open the 32 bit folder.
- Once done with that, the user is required to spot qbpsevntXXr.exe, and then right click and pick Rename.
- Now, insert old to the fine name.
- And lastly, close the Windows explorer.
In case the above –steps didn’t work in your favor carry out the following:
- The user can boot the SafeMode from the Windows, with Networking and then start QuickBooks desktop. After that reboot the Windows in normal mode. Hopefully, this would resolve the issue.
- Running QuickBooks desktop and carry out necessary actions in Windows selective startup, followed by windows safe mode.
- The user can reboot the system and then reconnect it to all the mapped drives, in case of QuickBooks desktop is running on a network.
- Another alternative is to identify if the backup or mirroring software is running on the network or server. In case it is running, then it might be actively scanning the hard drive and also blocking the access to QuickBooks files, ultimately leading to this type of error. In such a case, the user is supposed to temporarily disable the software and check whether the problem continues. If not, then there might certain conflict with the scanning software, which could be resolved with the help of system or network administrator, or a local computer consultant, etc.
- In case there are any types of security software installed on the server machine, then this might be scanning new or updated files in the background, and hence locking up the template file. If you do not want this to happen, then it is important to either disable the security software or add .DOC files to the exception lost. Also, the user is required to take a look at the security software’s documentation for steps on how to do this.
Method #7 Repairing QuickBooks
The last method that one can opt for is to repair QuickBooks. For Windows 7, 8/8.1, and 10. The installation wizard usually runs the repair, therefore the user should not be misled by references to the installation wizard.
- The user needs to first reboot the system to shut unnecessary programs obstructing QuickBooks
- After that the user needs to backup the company file
You may also like: How you can access QuickBooks remotely?
This drives us to the end of this article and also to the end of the solutions list. We have listed numerous methods to fix: server busy error in QuickBooks desktop, and we expect that with the help of this information, the user will be able to fix this error with much ease. However, if by any chance none of the methods work in your favor, the user can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team.
Getting in touch with our customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, will help in fixing this bug without any hassle.
QuickBooks Error: Server Busy This Action cannot be completed
What is QuickBooks Error: Server Busy?
QuickBooks provides various features to work in a collective environment to reduce the time and resources spent in managing the books. These features require certain updates and exchange of data using a network. When QuickBooks desktop exchanges data in a Network in order to install an update or exchange data with another user.
A Server Busy message may appear if QuickBooks is unable to complete the data exchange process. There can be a number of causes of this error message. In a multi-user scenario, If you get a server busy error in QuickBooks then it means that the company file is in use by another user. Server Busy error occurs when your computer is unable to communicate with the application server.
High request and response in the application server may also lead to Server busy warning. QuickBooks Server Busy Error Appears to users as:
Error: Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘Switch To’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem
Causes of QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
QuickBooks Error: Server busy can occur due to a various number of reasons, some of the causes are mentioned below:
- Your system does not have enough memory to run the application
- QuickBooks is conflicting with other applications installed on your computer
- Security Firewall is blocking the application to exchange data in a network
- The company file is in use by another user (In Multi-user environment)
- QuickBooks was not shut down properly when you used it the last time
- User profile are conflicting with each other due to country differences in the User profile location
- Third-party security application is blocking QuickBooks to communicate with an application server
- Your windows are updating in the background
- There is a conflict between QuickBooks update manager and other computer application
- Older QuickBooks desktop versions like QuickBooks 2010, QuickBooks 2011, QuickBooks 2012, etc are discontinued by Intuit
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Server Busy Error (Step by Step)
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks Desktop in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & Windows 10
Note down the QuickBooks error server busy you see on the screen and report it to QuickBooks error support to get updated solutions by Intuit QuickBooks experts to repair various QuickBooks desktop errors like Server busy.
- Close all the running QuickBooks windows
- Restart the system
- Go to the start button and type control panel
- In the control panel window, choose programs and features
- locate QuickBooks and click on uninstall/change
- Choose to continue and the next option
- Select to repair your Quickbooks and let the repair process to complete
- Click on finish and restart your desktop
- After restarting the desktop, Open your QuickBooks and download the latest release of QuickBooks desktop and download latest tax table.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool / QuickBooks Component Repair Tool Working Explained
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: QuickBooks Component Repair Tool – QBInstall tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Save the File when prompted
- Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to detect errors in your QuickBooks
- Make sure QuickBooks and all background applications are closed
- Tool Installation time depends upon system configuration and performance
- Restart the computer after installation of the Quickbooks diagnostic tool to ensure correct installation
- You need to re-register or reactivate your QuickBooks after installing this QuickBooks component repair tool
Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QBinstall Tool: Download Link
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE USING QUICKBOOKS INSTALL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
- Windows should be up to date
- QuickBooks Registration required
- QuickBooks Should be updated
Solution 3: End all running applications to avoid server busy error
- Open your taskbar to check the running programs in your computer, end-all running tasks from the task manager and reopen QuickBooks to check if you are still receiving the error.
- Third party security applications like anti-virus, spyware, anti-malware, google desktop, Avira, Norton, vista, etc should be disabled to bypass the server busy error message.
- If you are running windows in selective startup mode, stop IntuitFCS from task manager services tab.
Solution 4: Manually Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- Go to Download and Updates Pages
- Select the Product you i.e. QuickBooks Pro, Premier, etc
- Select the Version i.e. QuickBooks Pro 2018, QuickBooks Premier 2018, etc
- Search and Select Get Latest Updates, then click on Save to download the Updates
- Install Updates and Restart the computer
- If you have an active Payroll Subscription, Install Updates from the download center.
Solution 5: End running QuickBooks Services in Task Manager
- Right-click on your taskbar
- Select the task manager option
- Choose the services tab
- End all these below mentioned services
- Restart QuickBooks
Solution 6: Remove QuickBooks Update agent showing Server Busy error message from your system
- Click on the Start button
- Go to All Programs
- Click on Startup
- Locate QuickBooks update agent and right click on it
- Click on Delete
- Then click Delete shortcut
- Switch off Shared updates in QuickBooks
Solution 7: If ProSeries is installed on your system
- While running QuickBooks open windows task manager
- Locate qbpsevntXXr.exe on the services tab
- Note the year date in XX of qbpsevntXXr.exe
- Go to C drive and locate the Intuit ProSeries folder for that year
- Open 32bit folder
- Locate the file qbpsevntXXr.exe
- and add .old to at the end of it for e.g. qbpsevntXXr.exe.old
- Close and restart your application
Perform these steps under supervised guidance of local IT or QuickBooks expert to resolve Server busy error in Quickbooks
- If you are running QuickBooks on a network then restart your system and reestablish your connection with your mapped drives
- In case of Security application blocking the Quickbooks update agent. Add QuickBooks on the exception list of your security application.
- Get help from network admin to check if any scan or sharing process is active on your network if yes then it may be the cause of the server busy error in QuickBooks. Let the scan complete or stop the process to get the server busy error to normal.
- Start windows in safe mode and start your QuickBooks then restart your system in normal mode.
- Run QuickBooks in Windows Selective startup mode
Resolve Server Busy Error in QuickBooks with help of an Expert
Get rid of QuickBooks server busy error with the help of QuickBooks desktop support. Get in touch with QuickBooks support experts and get secure remote support. Dial QuickBooks support phone number +1-888-300-3913 to reach out to a QuickBooks desktop expert.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
QuickBooks Server Busy error comes on QuickBooks Desktop and displays a message- ‘Action can’t be completed as other program is busy.’ The pop-message comes up and restricts workflow. Several factors can lead to this error, and specific steps are required to rectify it.
Unless we know what exactly led to QuickBooks Server Busy Error, it is hard to specify which solution is apt. Hence, it is recommended to move systematically with first understanding the causes and then coming on to the solutions. We will follow this pattern in this blog. Let’s readout.
What causes QuickBooks Server Busy message comes?
- On a User response request- When you have server message on your screen and do not reply to the options, it gives options such as ‘OK, Cancel. Etc’, then it forces the pop-up error message to stay on the screen. If the message remains on the screen, it will hinder QuickBooks operations.
- Updates- The error might come up during installing or downloading updates to the system/component software. During Windows updates, when internet security program/firewall is hindering QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- Application shutting issue- If we do not close the essential files, programs, and components which QuickBooks accesses while working, these are Axbridge, Axelbridge1, QB update, QBDagent, & QB server, etc. In case these programs and components are not properly closed, it will reflect an error message saying ‘Server Busy.’ Ensure to close these properly. You can use a Windows Task Manager for a forced closure.
- Multiple User- In case Multiple computers are hosting the QuickBooks Company file or its components. When a user is accessing the company file, and someone else tries to open it, an error message comes up as ‘Server Busy.’
- Memory- Lack of sufficient memory when operating QuickBooks on a network shows QuickBooks Server Busy error. Shutting QuickBooks along with other programs, and then restarting your computer to free up memory is the solution here.
- A conflict between QuickBooks Update Manager and some other program- QB update Manager and another program on the computer might hinder each other’s functioning and lead to the ‘Server Error.’
- Intuit Pro-Series (US) or Canada profile can cause conflict- This is another scenario where Server error comes up.
- Insufficient Resources- A network that does not has sufficient resources to run QuickBooks Desktop might lead to errors.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy error
QB Server Busy error is an expected one in a multi-user mode. Everything needs to be in place to avoid errors in bothering workflow. However, in times when a mistake happened, then perform the below solutions.
Solution 1- Shut all Open Programs
- In case, there is some open program, ensure that there is no dialogue box in the program. ( example- A dialogue box can open in Microsoft word telling you to save the document. This will lead to this error. Ensure to close all these programs. Additionally, programs like Norton, Google Desktop, vista security, Pivot software control, Windows defender, etc. can also cause this error.
- Try using these programs in the ‘Selective Start-up’ in Windows. The Webroot Spy Sweeper can also cause this message and to correct this issue you can try to disable it or run in the Gamer Mode temporarily.
Solution 2- Check whether Windows are updated or not.
On the Windows, taskbar system tray check if the Windows has installed updates or not. In case it is not there and installation is required then complete installation first. Next, restart your computer and check if the updates are happening. If you do not see any updates happening then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3- Check and shut down the QuickBooks Desktop Components.
- Firstly, close data file and then exit QB Desktop
- Right-click on the Window taskbar and choose task manager
- Now, Click Process tab
- Complete one of the related QuickBooks processes as listed below in the Infographic.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and open the data file.
Solution 4- Eliminate/Remove QuickBooks Update agent showing ‘Server busy’ message.
- First, Open Start menu and click ‘All Programs’
- Now choose ‘’
- Right-click on QuickBooks Update agent
- Choose ‘’
- Click ‘Delete Shortcut’
- Now you have to turn off shared updates in QB Desktop.
- Firstly, go to the Help menu and click ‘Update ’
- Click on the ‘Options ’
- Now go to the ‘Shared download option,’ select ‘NO,’ and close it.
Solution 5- Applicable if Intuit ProSeries is there on the computer.
- Check the ‘Windows Task Manager’ for which year is the XX Intuit ProSeries software. It will appear as qbpsevntXXr.exe. Note or take down the year of the executable (XX) in a file name.
- Next Open the Explorer browser
- Search and Open the ‘Intuit ProSeries folder’ for that year.
- Now open the 32-bit folder
- Search for qbpseventXXr.exe, Once you find it right-click and choose ‘’
- Now add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the renamed file.
- Shut down the Windows Explorer.
Action plan if the above solutions haven’t resolved the issue.
In case you are still at point zero then there is a list of things that you can do if to correct it.
- Boot SafeMode from Windows via networking and then start QB Desktop>> restart Windows in the normal mode. This can often help in problem-solving.
- RUN QuickBooks Desktop and work in the Windows Selective Startup and windows safe mode.
- If running QB Desktop on the network then reboot your computer>> reconnect your computer to the mapped drives.
- If the backup or mirroring software is functioning on the server or network, then it is regularly scanning the hard drive. To rectify this temporarily disable the software if the problem is sorted. However, if otherwise, then there is a dispute with the Scanning software that needs to be corrected.
Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
QuickBooks Error Server Busy mainly occurs when you are using QB Desktop. A dialogue box will open on your screen announcing “QuickBooks Error: Server Busy: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy”. QuickBooks Desktop is specialized accounting software used for various business operations. Hence, it is necessary keep this financial accounting tool fit always. Moreover, it also hold numerous of your momentous business information.
This error is quite complicated to fix and thus it needs an IT professional hand to solve this issue, thus feel free to call at +1-888-300-3913. Lets us begin with the causes of this error and after that, we will discuss the fixation of QuickBooks Error: Server Busy.
Causes of QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
- Another program waiting for your feedback is trying to work on QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check whether Windows Update is running or not. If the windows update is running in the background then this arrangement would probably cause this issue..!
- Either QuickBooks Desktop application or some of its components did not appropriately turn-off whilst you lastly shut-down the QuickBooks.
- More than one computer is set to host QuickBooks application company files.
- Software security application or Personal Firewall is blocking the update of QuickBooks Desktop.
- May be due to the clash between QuickBooks Update Manager and other programs/applications of the computer.
- This issue may appear due to the clashes between Intuit ProSeries (US) & profiles (Canada).
- Fewer resources to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see that an error message comes on your screen while you are working in QuickBooks Desktop:
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
Firstly check your network resources and then open the QuickBooks application again. Implement the steps mentioned below so that the QuickBooks Error: Server Busy could be solved.
Method 1: Shut-Down All Open Programs
- Make sure that in any open program there is no dialogue box. For Example, a dialogue box of MS Word is asking you to save the document and this is the one reason which leads to server busy error message.
- Programs like Norton, Windows Defender, Google Desktop, Vista Security, and Pivot Software Control have the reason.
- You are trying to use selective startup in Windows then stop IntuitFCS.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper is causing this error message. Temporarily Disable QuickBooks Desktop or just run it in gamer mode. For further information check that in Webroot Spy Sweeper User Guide.
Method 2: Try to update the Windows
Check for your Windows updates if there is an update to be made then update it and restart your computer and try working on QuickBooks. And if there are no updates then jump to the next solution.
Method 3: Check and close all the QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Shut your QB data file & then exit QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Hit onto the “Windows taskbar” icon and then click on the “Task Manager” icon.
- Click on the “Processes” icon.
- Choose each process and then you can click onto the “Finish Process” icon.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and then later open the QuickBooks data file.
Method 4: Remove the QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server Busy” error message
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” menu.
- Click on the “All Programs” icon.
- Choose the “Startup” tab.
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks Update Agent and then select Delete option.
- Click on Delete Shortcut.
- Shut all shared updates in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Help tab and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Click on Share Download option and then select No then close.
- Run reboot.bat file
- Repair QuickBooks desktop.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
When Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer
- Check Windows Task Manager for QbpsevntXXr.exe and note that the XX denotes the year of your software.
- Open Explorer Browser.
- Browse and then open Intuit ProSeries folder for that specific year. It usually looks like this- C: \ ProWinXX (XX is the year of Intuit ProSeries).
- Open 32-bit folder.
- Find qbpsevntXXr.exe and rename it by adding “.old” at the end of the renamed file.
- EXAMPLE: qbpsevnt18r.exe.old.
- Close the Windows Explorer.
If the above prescribed steps are unable to troubleshoot this issue, try the sequential actions given below with the help of an IT professional or any under the guidance of any expert.
- Boot the Windows to SafeMode with Networking, then start the QuickBooks Desktop application, and later restart the Windows in Normal Mode will frequently fix this problem.
- Try to run QuickBooks Desktop application and then perform the action causing the technical error in Windows Selective Startup and later Windows Safe Mode.
- In case, you are operating the QuickBooks Desktop on a network, then restart the machine, and later reconnect the system to all mapped drives.
- Figure out if the backup or mirroring software is running on the server or a network. If this is so, it may be actively scanning the hard drive, blocking the access to QuickBooks Desktop application files & leading to this error. Test this by temporarily disabling the software to see if the QuickBooks Desktop issue recurs. If it doesn’t, there is a conflict with the scanning software that must be resolved with help from your system or network administrator (if you have one), the vendor from whom they purchased the software or hardware, the manufacturer’s or software developer’s Web site, or a local computer consultant.
- If there is security software installed on the server machine, it may be scanning new and updated files in the background and therefore locking up the template file. To prevent this, either disable the security software or add .DOC files to the exception list. Please see your security software’s documentation for steps on how to do this.
Method 5: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the troubleshooting steps work, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks Desktop.
In case you have Intuit ProSeries installed on your system, just rename it and see if the issue is fixed. Follow the given steps:
- Open Windows Task Manager and see if you can find qbpsevntXXr.exe (XX denotes the year of the Intuit ProSeries software) and note the year in the file name.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open Intuit ProSeries folder (C:\ ProWinXX) for that year.
- Go to the 32bit folder.
- Find the qbpsevntXXr.exe file and then right-click on it and select Rename.
- Add “.old” to the end of the file name (qbpsevnt18r.exe.old).
- Close Windows Explorer.
We hope that with help of troubleshooting steps mentioned above really did help you a lot and if you still have any doubts then feel free to seek help from our QuickBooks toll-free helpline number at++1-888-300-3913.