As per the recent reports, QuickBooks users have largely encountered error code 12152. This kind of error is generally encountered when there is any type of issue with the user’s internet settings. Either due to incorrect or poor settings, the software might find it difficult connect with the servers. QuickBooks might not be able to connect with the server, when the internet connection settings get mis-configured. In today’s article, we will be talking about the quick fixes to the error QuickBooks error code 12152. Thus, if you have stumbled upon any such error, then you can simply stick to the article.
But before jumping on to the troubleshooting solutions to the QuickBooks error code 12152, the QB users should verify whether his or her internet is working in a proper manner or not. Another alternate for this error can be to speak to our support professionals via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
What is QuickBooks error code 12152?
Before to start with the troubleshooting process, you need to know what the error is all about. The error code 12152 is seen when there are any kind of issues with the internet connection settings. Any kind of technical glitch in the internet settings might affect the software in connecting to the servers, which end up in technical snags in updating the software. There can be certain causes and signs of this error, which we will be discussing later in this post. So, read ahead to explore further.
Symptoms to QuickBooks error code 12152
- The very first symptom of QuickBooks error code 12152 is that the error code itself shows up and crashes the program window.
- Another symptom for the same can be when the QuickBooks window crashes frequently.
- Also, when the system takes the commands slowly.
- This error code can also be seen when the system freezes for a couple of moments.
- The user can also identify this error when the system responds sluggishly to the keyboard inputs.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 12152?
- If the user is using an older version of QuickBooks, this type of error code can be encountered.
- QuickBooks unable to read the license data.
- In case the window API keys are not working legitimately, then this error could be encountered.
- Removing an important framework document or registry section might also end up in error code 12152.
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this type of error can be when there is any kind of problem with the windows registry.
- Any kind of problem with the software installation might be a cause behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 12152.
Techniques to fix the error code 12152 in QuickBooks
There can be more than one technique to tackle the QuickBooks update error 12152. In this article, we will be exploring some of the most relevant ones. Let us check out each of the solutions, one by one:
Technique 1: Authenticating date and time
- To start with the basics, the user is required to verify whether the data and time are correctly set on the system or not.
- In case they are not then move to the bottom right on the system.
- The next step in the process is to put the cursor on the time that is displayed on the screen and then right click the same.
- After that, hit the adjust date/time option.
- And then, reboot QuickBooks to save changes.
Technique 2: Using Registry Editor
Well, it should be noted that before making changes to the windows registry, the user is required to backup the registry. Also, it is recommended to follow the instructions properly, as wrong changes to the windows registry might stop the system from working.
- Move to the Start menu.
- And then, type command in the search field.
- After that, the user is supposed to press Ctrl and shift keys simultaneously, followed by hitting Enter key.
- Moving ahead, the user will witness a user account dialog box on the screen.
- The user is then required to tap on the Yes option.
- Now, a black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- After that, type in Regedit.
- And then hit Enter.
- The next step in the process is to select the key related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors just like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Now, select the export option in the file menu.
- And then store the Google chrome or IE backup key in the folder.
- Once done with that, the user is required to name the folder.
- And make sure that the selected branch is chosen.
- After completing the above step, click on save.
- To end the process, verify that the file has been saves a .reg file.
Technique 3: Uninstalling/ Reinstalling QuickBooks
- The very first step is to uninstall QuickBooks.
- And then download it once again.
- The next step in the process is to install QuickBooks desktop and then launch the same.
- After that the user is required to look for scan option and then click it.
- Moving ahead, issues displays on the screen.
- And then, select Repair all option.
- The last step in the process is to check whether the user is still getting the QuickBooks error code 12152.
Read Also: Ways to fix QuickBooks Error 99001
Technique 4: Restore your system
- To begin with, the user is required to sign in to the device with admin credentials.
- The next step is to visit the Start menu, and then opt for all programs and accessories followed by selecting the system tools and also the system restore option.
- After that, the user will see a new window on the screen, where the option of restore my computer to an earlier time option will be seen.
- Now, hit the Next option.
- And then select the latest system restore point and press the Next option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on the next option on the confirmation window.
- The last and final step in the process is to restart the device and then check if the QuickBooks update error 12152 is resolved or not.
Technique 5: Making changes to Internet options
- Move to the start menu.
- And then, type the words Control Panel.
- After that the control panel window gets open.
- Now, the user will have to look for the Internet options.
- And then, click on the Internet options.
- Once done with that, the user is required to visit the advanced tab and then click on the same to open the window.
- The next step is to select the advance reset option.
- And then check whether the error is still appearing or not.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=387?
With this we come towards the end of this blog post. We hope that the information and the techniques stated in this blog post might help the users to deal with the QuickBooks error code 12152. Following any of the techniques listed above will surely resolve the error. However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble the QB users, then it is recommended to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.
We are a hub of Intuit certified professionals and U.S bases best accounting experts, who are always there to help the users in tackling the various QuickBooks related issues.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152
QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152 crop up when there is something wrong with the settings of your Internet connection. In other words, when QuickBooks is unable to connect with the server if the settings of the internet connection are misconfigured due to which your application cannot be updated.
However, there are several times when the internet connectivity issues are easily handled by users but sometimes, it requires Professionals assistance. Before you move ahead with any troubleshooting, you’re suggested to first check your Internet connection whether it is working or not. Today’s blog discusses all facts related to QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152 to fix this QB bug for you in no time.
Possible Factors That Could Lead To QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152
There are multiple handful factors due to which such payroll issues arise in QuickBooks Desktop.
Let’s see few of possible causes listed down:
- Mis-configured of Internet Connection settings
- If you’re using QuickBooks older version like QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or earlier
- Infected by Anti-virus, Trojan, or Malware
- Problems with your Windows Registry
- Might be possible when your system got abruptly switched off due to power cut, etc.
- Accidentally deletion of important files/folders
- The license number provided by you is not identified by the QuickBooks Desktop specific version.
Efficacious Solutions To Get Rid Of QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152
Once you identified the issue causes and symptoms due to which is causing this error then perform the below troubleshoot that can help you to get your error resolved with much ease:
1. Solution One: Verify The Internet Settings
- First, verify the setting of your Internet Connection
- Next, press Windows Start menu and type Control Panel within the search bar
- Now, hit the option called Internet Settings when the Control Panel window will open
- Next click to Advanced option
- At last, click the option named “Advanced reset”.
2. Solution Two: Check The Settings Of Date And Time
- In the beginning, check your system settings whether the date and time are correct or not
- In case the settings are incorrectly done then move to the Settings window and make modification or change the date and time with the appropriate one
- Finally, restart your system and check whether the error 12152 still exists or completely removed.
3. Solution Three: Restore The System
- The very first, login as an Admin to your system
- Next, press the Windows Start menu
- And then go to the All Programs >> System Restore
- Now, you see a new window open and then you have to choose the option called “Restore my computer to an earlier time”
- Proceeding further, you have to hit the Next button
- After that, pick the latest System Restore Point and then click Next
- After doing so, a confirmation window display and again you have to click Next
- Once the process is successfully completed then try to reboot your PC and verify the error is resolved or not.
4. Solution Four: Fix The Error Code 12152 Using Registry Editor
Make a note that always take a backup of your registry before you start making modifications.
The below-provided steps help you to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152:
- Initially, press the Windows Start button from your console
- Type the command in the search field
- Next, you’re supposed to press the key together Ctrl + Shift simultaneously followed by Enter key
- A User Dialog box appears on your Windows screen and then you have to hit Yes
- After that a black box appears with a blinking cursor
- And then you have to type Regedit followed by hitting Enter key
- Next step is to select the keyword related to QuickBooks Error 12152 within the Registry Editor just like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
- Go to the File menu and pick the option Export
- Store the IE backup key or Google Chrome in your folder
- Give a name to the created folder
- Make sure that you choose the selected branch
- Once done with the above steps then click Save
- To finish the process, verify the file has been saved with .reg file.
Unexpectedly, the stated above techniques help you to completely resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152 from your end. To know more about accounting software & best resolution of QuickBooks errors or any other functional glitches, you can easily reach the QuickBooks ProAdvisors to get better assistance in the shortest turnaround time.
- What Do You Understand With QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152?QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152 is related to Internet Connectivity. It means when there are kind of issues encountered in the Settings of your Internet connection then with the same error code, an error message starts popping on your screen. Moreover, there are multiple factors due to which this kind of error arises like infected by Anti-virus, Trojan, or Malware, Windows Registry issue, etc.
- Can The Uninstallation And Reinstallation Of QuickBooks Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152? If Yes, Then What Are The Steps?Yes, Uninstallation and Reinstallation of QuickBooks resolve this error. Here’s how:💠 First, uninstall and then download QuickBooks software freshly
💠 Next, you have to follow the prompted instructions to install the same and then open it
💠 Now, look for scan option and then run it
💠 Here, you’ll find a list of errors or issues
💠 Finally, hit the “Repair All” option in order to eliminate them.
- What Are Indications Of QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152?Before start resolving any QuickBooks error, it is pretty necessary to identify the error via its signs and symptoms that are going to discuss below:💠 PC start freezing frequently
💠 Windows crashes where you’ve installed your QuickBooks Desktop may often be one of signs
💠 An error 12152 pops up on your PC screen
💠 Responds sluggishly to the given input from your mouse or keyboard.
Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12152
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 12152 like a Pro
For the past few years, QuickBooks by Intuit has become one of the most reliable accounting and bookkeeping software. For being packed with many effective features, the small and medium sized companies heavily depend on it. Right from managing finances to handling inventories and to payments, this application does it all for the users in a short span of time. The best thing is that it is very easy to use, and users can easily find any kind of guide regarding the software on the internet or seek assistance from QuickBooks support team.
Just like any other software, QB is not immune to errors or technical glitches. At times the errors can be easily handled by the users and sometimes they would require professional help to fix the issue. A common error faced by the users is QuickBooks error code 12152 , which is related to internet connection settings. QuickBooks is not able to connect with the server if the internet connection settings is mis-configured and that’s why the software cannot be updated. The users should first check whether the internet is working or not, instead of starting with the different solutions to fix error 12152.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss all facts associated with QuickBooks error code 12152. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then you can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified QB professionals will fix the bug for you within no time.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks error 12152?
Well, before learning the causes and solutions to this error, it is recommended to first get a brief about what does QuickBooks error 12152 means. This error code can be seen when there are any kind of issues with Internet connection settings. Any kind of technical glitch in the internet connection settings makes it hard for the software to connect to the servers, which ultimately end up in issues in updating the software. There can be a handful of factors causing such an error, which will be discussed in detail later on. Thus, we recommend you to continue reading this article.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 12152?
The QuickBooks error 12152 can happen due to many reasons and the common ones are listed below:
- This error often caused by mis-configured internet settings
- Older version of QuickBooks, especially QuickBooks desktop 2014 or earlier
- The license data is not identified by QB software
- Problem with the API keys of Windows
- The computer is infected with virus, Trojan or malware
- Problem with the software installation, for instance the installation has got expired
- Issues with Windows Registry
- QuickBooks or may be your computer got abruptly switched off due some reason like power cut etc.
- Some important file or folder got deleted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 12152
Identifying the QuickBooks error code 12152 becomes easy, with the help of the below mentioned signs and symptoms.
- In case the user is not able to update the QuickBooks software
- Or your computer keeps on freezing every now and then
- QuickBooks window crashes very often can be another symptom.
- Error Code 12152 gets displayed on the screen.
- Your computer takes your commands slowly.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 12152
Below are the solutions to resolve error code 12152 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Verify your system’s date and time
The very first solution that one can opt for is to verify the system date and time. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- First check if the Date and Time are correct on your system.
- If it isn’t correct, then go bottom right of your system
- Now put the cursor on the time that is displayed and right-click on it
- After this click on Change date/time.
- Now restart QuickBooks
- Check if the error has got resolved or not.
If you are Windows 10 user then follow the below given steps:
- Firstly, go to Settings and click on Time & language
- After that navigate to the Date & time page.
- To set the current time click on Set time automatically option.
- In the Time zone section, ensure that correct time zone is chosen. In case it is not selected, then choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If the daylight saving time applies to your time zone, just enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
Solution 2: Do changes to the Internet Options
Another solution can be to check the working condition of the internet of your system. As many times, internet options might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, Navigate to the Start menu.
- After that type the words – Control panel, in the search field
- Now the Control panel window will get opened.
- In this window, search for the Internet Options.
- After this click on the Internet Options.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and click on it to open its window.
- Lastly you have to choose the Advance reset option.
- Now check if the QuickBooks error 12152 is appearing or not.
Solution 3: Uninstall/Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
In case the above methods fail to work for you, then in that case, uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks desktop and try resolving the issue. The steps to be followed over here are:
- The first thing to do is uninstall the QuickBooks program.
- After that download QuickBooks
- Now Install the QuickBooks software and launch it.
- Look for the Scan option and then click on it
- Few of the errors will be displayed on the screen
- Now choose Repair all.
Now, see if you are still getting error code 12152.
Solution 4: Restore your PC
Another important solution is to restore the PC. Restoring the system can work in fixing the error up to a great extent. The user is simply required to follow the steps below:
- First thing that you have to do is to restart your PC.
- Now Log in into the system by using Windows admin credentials.
- Now, click on the Start menu which is located on the bottom left of the screen.
- In the search field, type the words – System Restore.
- Now search for the option that says Restore computer to a previous time and date.
- After this you have to select the above option, and then go to the Next button and click on it.
- From the list of restore points, go for the latest one.
- Now you have to confirm your choice by once again clicking on the Next button.
- Wait for the restoration process to finish. Finally, Reboot your PC.
Solution 5: Use the Registry Editor
It is suggested that any changes in the Windows Registry should by done by some expert and not by yourself. This is because if anything goes wrong while you are making changes to the registry then your computer might stop working.
- First go to the Start menu.
- In the search field, type the word – command.
- Press together the CTRL and Shift keys and hit Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now will see a User Account dialogue box on the screen.
- After that hit a click on the Yes button.
- Once done you will see a block box with a clinking cursor will be displayed on the screen
- Now type the word – regedit.
- The next step is to press Enter key.
- After this you have to choose the key that is related to QuickBooks error 12152 in the registry editors like the Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Now select Export in the File menu.
- You have to store the Google Chrome or IE backup key in a folder.
- The user is then required to give the folder a name
- And also, ensure Selected branch is chosen.
- After this click on the Save button.
- Lastly, verify that the file has been saved as a .reg file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 1321?
Through the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily resolve the QuickBooks error 12152. However, if the problem still persists then you have to connect with the QuickBooks error support team at +1-888-300-3913 who will guide you with quick and relevant solutions to your problems or queries.
Thus, do not hesitate in getting in touch with our support team, as we will be happy to help you!
Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
In the advent of this QuickBooks software, it is widely used for a small, medium or a large sized business purposes. It helps in managing all essential financial reports in an organized way. Let us see how to fix Error codes 12152 in QuickBooks? This error arises when your internet connection disconnects randomly or it encounters some problem. When it arises and it’s so hard to connect via the server. This gives many glitches when doing updates.
The blog context describes a simplest way to troubleshoot the payroll update error code 12152.
Note : If you are looking for Instant help then you can speak with one of expert to quickly resolve to your QuickBooks Problems. Our QuickBooks Live expert are available at Toll-Free +1-844-405-0907.
What is Payroll Update Error Code 12152?
QuickBooks Error 12152 typically stands out up when you have problems with the Internet Connection setups that makes it difficult for the software to connect to the servers and gives concerns with the updates.
Before continuing to the solution of Error 12152 make sure your Internet connection is established as well as permits you to connect to verified websites.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 203 and OL 204
Symptoms of Payroll update error 12152
- This error 12152 appears when a program crashes the dynamic windows.
- When similar programs running on your system, the device crashes along with having error 12152.
- QB error 12152 displays on a screen & this react when gradually to a mouse.
- As occasionally a user find their device gets freezes for a couple of a moment.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 12152
- QuickBooks is unable to read the license data.
- Some new windows that has API keys but that are not working as legally.
- A few quite common reasons that are incorporate wrong or fizzled installation in QB software.
- A un-installation of programming that may have left invalid sections in your registry windows.
- Any consequences of an infection or malware assault.
- Improper framework shutdown it is just because of a power disappointment or have some another factor for this error code.
- Deleting an important framework document or registry section, and in addition various different causes.
- The prompt reason for this error 12152 code in QB software that mistake is an inability which effects to run all typical operations by a framework or a part of an applications.
Important: This error is a part of payroll update error codes 12xxx series. You can follow the below given steps to fix this error or you may dial our QuickBooks payroll support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 that is accessible for 24/7.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error Code 12152
Check out the solutions for QB Error Code 12152 as:
- First of all, check its date as well as time on your system.
- On the clock, give one right click.
- Now let us adjust your date & time.
- After this restart your QB desktop software & check for all error codes.
- First verify all your internet connection settings that is working on a system.
- Now run your program.
- Then launch an internet settings options.
- To do so, click on advanced option.
- After this, click to the advanced reset option.
- After this download the application.
- Now start your app to be installed & launched it on your system.
- If errors persist, click on the option to Scan & make your deviations as detected.
- For fixing all errors, click on an option to Repair All.
- Start your Computer.
- Then login as administrator tab.
- Click on the start key button.
- Then click on all programs> accessories> system tools & after this finally, click to the system as to restore.
- Under the new window, choose to restore my PC as earlier time option tab.
- Now click to the next heading.
- In the given list, just click on to ‘restore the point’ list. Select the latest system to restore that point from a displayed screen. After this just press to the next tab.
- Into a confirmation window, give a single click on the next key button.
- When restoration process is completed, then restart your PC system.
- Select or click on the Start key button.
- Enter or type as Command in the given dialog search box. Remember don’t hit the enter key yet!
- On a system keyboard, hold the Ctrl+ shift keys instantly & then press or hit the enter key.
- With the help of a permission dialog box, it will asks as prompted.
- Then click to the yes option.
- If the cursor of your mouse blinks, this opens the black box.
- Now type or enter as regedit. After doing so, hit the enter key.
- If want to take back up then choose the error 12152 related keys as instructed.
- Now select export from the main file menu.
- Then select the folder type and save into the list as where the client wants to save their IE backup keys.
- Under the File Name box, now type a name for a backup file for instance, IE backup. If need any technical assistance, ask expert guidance.
- Make sure that under the Export range box just type as selected branch is chosen by the user.
- Apply to save all changes that you have been made recently.
- Along with a .reg file extension. This file has been saved now.
- For a related registry entries, Take now a back up into your Internet Explorer web browser.
I hope the solution methods given above are helpful for you to resolve QuickBooks error code 12152. If still you are facing the same error then get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team by dialing toll-free +1-888-300-3913. Our professionals work for twenty-four hours a day and all weekdays as 24/7/365 .