While using QuickBooks you can come across the error ‘QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033‘. So what this error is actually, how does it appear? What does this issue exactly mean? How can it be resolved?
In this blog, we are going to answer all these questions and get the correct knowledge about this error in a detailed manner.
The error message may seem quite difficult to solve at first instinct but the error is quite easy to deal with.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 and how it appears?
While QuickBooks is successful in providing the best services in business accounting, Direct Integration with Payroll is one of its salient features. But at times while downloading Payroll Update or access the company file, you may encounter with an error message. The error message displays ‘PS033 Error: QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files.’ This means that any file in the CPS folder is damaged. This error may lead to losing in some of the information and data.
So, if you encounter this kind of error you must take precaution to avoid any complications.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
The most common reason of occurrence of Error PS033 is when the CPS Folder contains a damaged file and so you will be unable to download Payroll Update. You may also face problem in opening any company file.
There may be many other reasons for the occurrence of this error. These include:
- Your Payroll Subscription is deactivated.
- Your Payroll Subscription may be inactivated.
- You may be using an Incorrect Service Key.
- You may not have applied to the latest product update.
- QuickBooks Data must have damaged.
- The Identification Number(EIN) may be invalid or incorrect in your company file.
- QuickBooks Desktop may be incompatible with your latest Windows Version.
- PSID is incorrect or invalid in the company file.
- Payment related issue or QuickBooks may not be in proper use.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error PS033
There are many ways to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033. Following are a few solutions that may help you in solving this error. Trying one or more of these solutions may help you in solving the error.
Solution 1: Updating Payrolls
- Click Get Payroll Updates in Employees>Get Payroll Updates
- Click on Download Entire Payroll Update.
- Choose Update.
Solution 2: Renaming CPS folder
- You need to go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll.
- Search for a CPS folder in the folder.
- Rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- QuickBooks payroll tax table needs to be updated.
Solution 3: Disabling User Account Control
- Go to user accounts.
- Change User Account Control Settings.
- Disable User Account Control (UAC).
Solution 4: Restarting your system
- Run a Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks app.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest edition.
- Restart the computer in safe mode again.
You can also go to QBPayrollHelp and seek help. QuickBooks also provides you with an
(Solved) Quickbooks Error PS033 – How to resolve
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that provides Payroll services to the various businesses. Nowadays it is very important to use it as it helps small and medium-sized business owners to pay their employees without getting into much trouble. This is a very beneficial and simple payroll module that is combined with the accounting software comes with different essential options for businesses. It is very user-friendly but sometimes QuickBooks may show some error such as ‘QuickBooks Error PS033’. It happens due to damaged file in CPS folder which makes you unable to open the company file. Apart from this you cannot download the latest payroll updates. So, its necessary to fix this as you might lose some of your important information and data due to this.
This error code mainly appears when you are downloading a payroll update or when you are opening a a company file in the QuickBooks. To resolve this we are going to provide you the best solutions for this problem and will also solve your questions in every way possible.
What is Quickbooks error?
‘QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033‘ is a error which occurs during the downloading of the latest payroll update (QuickBooks payroll update error ps033) or while opening the company file. You might also face the Payroll update Error PS033, if the CPS folder contains any damaged or corrupted file.
The error message that you will receive can be :
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]”
“Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder”
The above given image shows the error message that is received when the QuickBooks is unable to sync with payroll setup. Lets know its main causes and how to fix QuickBooks payroll update error PS033.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code PS033
The main reasons or the causes for qb error ps033 have been listed below. Let’s have a look at them:
- Damaged File: The most common reason of receiving the error code is, CPS folder containing Damaged and corrupted files.
- Renamed File: The renamed file of the CPS folder may also result in the error.
- Payroll Subscription deactivated: The deactivation of the Payroll Subscription is another reason the get the error message in QuickBooks.
- Payroll Subscription inactivated: If your Payroll Subscription is inactivated then it may also result in getting the error code.
- PS033 error in QuickBooks Desktop Files: Damaged QuickBooks desktop files is another reason for the same.
- Incorrect Service Key: If you use Incorrect Service Key then the error message will be displayed on your desktop screen.
- Incorrect EIN: Incorrect or Invalid Employer Identification Number(EIN) in your company file is also a reason for error code PS033.
- Payment related issue: Payment related issue or Improper use of QuickBooks.
- Incompatibility with Windows Version: Sometimes the QuickBooks Desktop is incompatible with your latest Windows Version.
- Incorrect PSID: Incorrect or invalid PSID in the company file is also a cause for this error.
- If in case there is more than one active payroll in the inactive DDA (Direct deposit agreement), the error message will be shown.
- Unable to apply for latest product update will also deliver you the error code.
Note: It is utmost important for you to ensure that you have a active payroll subscription and you have downloaded the latest payroll tax table. In case your Payroll subscription is deactivated or the the payroll tax table is outdated. Otherwise you might receive some errors even when there are just payment issues or something else.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error PS033
Now after knowing all the causes or reasons for QB error PS033, there are multiple ways to fix the QuickBook Payroll Error. Let’s check the various solutions for the query How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033:
Solution 1: Download and Update the Latest Payroll Tax Table
In this method you will have to update the payroll tax table, to do this just follow the below given steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- Click on Download the entire payroll update to the latest update.
- After this click on Update.
- A Window will appear once it gets updated successfully.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
It is advised to rename the QuickBooks CPS Folder as there is a chance that there are some damaged files in the CPS folder. Here are the steps to Rename it:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS. Note that XX is the QuickBooks version like: QB2017 or 2018.
- Now simply Rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- Now you can try to Update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Solution 3: Step 3: Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows+R keys in order to open Run Command Box.
- Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
- In Control Panel choose User Accounts tab > User Accounts.
- Now click on Change User Account Control Settings.
- Here move the slider to Never Notify and then click on OK to Disable UAC. (Check out the image for reference).
- Now update the QuickBooks Payroll.
Solution 4: Restart and troubleshoot in safe mode
- Run a Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop App.
- Now try to Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- After this simply Restart your computer in safe mode.
- Update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if the problem is solved.
Solution 5: Rebuild Data & Verify Data
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks App.
- Now click on File tab.
- From here select the Utility option > click on Rebuild Data.
- Now a warning message to backup will be displayed, click on Ok option to take backup.
- Now save your backup company file on your PC.
- Press the Enter key followed by Ok option to save it.
- Now wait for sometime, Click Ok.
- Your Rebuild has now completed.
- Now, Verify the data to check the remaining damaged data.
- Click on the File tab > Utility Option.
- Click on Verify Data.
- If you do not find any error here then simply restore a backup.
- Click on the File option and select the Restore option. (Warning: Don’t overwrite existing company file).
- Fix has been applied.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
Payroll services that are supplied by QuickBooks are actually very beneficial to all businesses that use it. This makes it very easy for those who own small and medium-sized business to pay their employees without having to get into much hassle. A basic and simply customized and user-friendly payroll module combined with the accounting software comes with various useful options. QuickBooks may show some error at times. One of such errors is QuickBooks Error PS033. It is mostly caused when there is a damaged file in CPS folder. As a result of which, one cannot download the latest payroll updates and is not able to open the company file either. Let us now get into the many reasons for such an error.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error PS033?
- If Payroll subscription is not activated.
- There is more than one active payroll in the inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- If QuickBooks Desktop file is damaged.
- When your QuickBooks Data is damaged because of some reason.
- If you have not updated your version of QuickBooks to the latest one.
- When Service Key used is incorrect.
- If the company file Employer Identification Number (EIN) is not valid or correct for some reason.
- If the company file PSID is invalid or incorrect for some reason.
- When QuickBooks Desktop is not compatible with your current Windows version.
- If the status on QuickBooks Desktop appears as “Invalid number or EIN”.
IMPORTANT: It is very important for you to ensure that you have a valid and active payroll subscription. In case your Payroll subscription is observed as deactivated, then it is still possible for errors to occur even when there are just payment issues or something else.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
Follow the steps given below to resolve your errors as quickly as possible:
- Firstly, You will have to update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax table, which is essential to move on to the other steps.
- Now check if your problem has been resolved or still stagnant. If it has not been fixed, then kindly move on to the third step given below.
- Locate the following location on your system: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS
- QQ is the reference to your yearly edition like 2018,2017,2016
- Now, Rename CPS folder to CPSOLD and check if the problem has now been solved.
- Again, try to update the Payroll Tax Table and check if the issue persists.
- Next, you have to disable User Account Control (UAC). To do this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Applicable for UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7)
Press Windows + R > Go to Run > Write Control Panel > Click Ok > Click on User Accounts > Select User Accounts (Classic View) > Go to Change user account control settings> Move the slider and click Never Notify option.
With this, we do hope to see you have solved QuickBooks Error PS033. However, if it still continues to exist, then get QB experts assistance at QuickBooks Payroll Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
QuickBooks offers some great features, one of which is QuickBooks payroll. The payroll services that the QB software offers to the users are highly beneficial to all sorts of businesses, regardless of the fact whether they are small or medium. As this feature allows the entrepreneurs to pay their employees, without having to get into too much hassle. However, the payroll might come up with certain errors at times, one of the most common one can be QuickBooks payroll error PS033. If you are also facing any such error, then this post can work wonders for you.
QuickBooks error PS033 generally occurs when the CPS folder carries certain damaged file. This prevents the user from downloading the recent updates related to payroll and at time also stops the user from opening the company file. Tackling QuickBooks payroll error PS033 can be a huge task for the QB users. Keeping that in mind, we have come up with this post, where we will try to discuss the causes and also the quick fixes to the error PS033.
However, if you are short of time, or you want a team of expert to fix the error PS033 for you, then another alternative for you can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks premier technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our experts and certified professionals here to help you round the clock.
What is QuickBooks payroll update error PS033?
Before you jump on to QuickBooks payroll fixation steps, it is better to first understand what is QuickBooks error code PS033. This error code comes up with an error message stating:
This basically indicates that the file in the CPS folder is damaged. This error might also lead to losing certain essential data. This error mostly results into failure in downloading to the latest payroll updates and the user is unable to open the company file either. There can be multiple factors causing this error, which will be discussed later in this post.
How QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 is caused?
As mentioned earlier, the major cause of QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 is when the CPS folder containing the damaged file, and it would restrict the user from downloading the payroll update. There can be various other factors leading to this sort of error, a few of the common ones are listed below:
- The very first reason can be if the status on QuickBooks desktop appears as invalid number or EIN.
- The user can also encounter this type of error, in case of incorrect service key.
- Also, if the user is using an outdated QuickBooks version, then this error is most probable to happen.
- Another factors can be if the QuickBooks data gets damaged.
- If in case the non-activation of the payroll subscription
- The user can also end up in this error if the inactive direct deposit agreement has more than one active payroll.
- Wrong service key can also be one of the reasons.
- Error PS033 can also be seen if the invalid employer identification number is used
- If the company file PSID is wrong, the error could be seen
- Also, in case the current windows version is not compatible with the QuickBooks desktop, then error is probable to happen.
Methods to resolve QuickBooks error PS033
There can be more than one method that the user can opt for, in order to get rid of QuickBooks error PS033. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method #1: Rebooting and fixing in safe mode
- The very first step is to run a Verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop
- After that, the user should update QuickBooks desktop to the latest release
- And then, reboot in safe mode and then update the QuickBooks payroll tax table
- Lastly, the user should restart the system.
See Also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error -6000
Method #2: Downloading the latest payroll tax table
- The user can now move to the method to download the latest payroll tax table
- In this method, the user will have to select the employees’ option and then get payroll updates
- After that, the user should select the download entire payroll update option
- Followed by select update and you are good to go.
Method #3: Changing the name of QuickBooks CPS folder
- In the process of renaming the CPS folder, the user will have to first visit the path as: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS. The point to be noted here is that is mentioned here is the version number of QuickBooks just like the year of QuickBooks version.
- The next step in the process is to rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD
- And then lastly update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Method #4: Turning off UAC (User account control)
This method is application for the UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7). The steps to be followed are:
- The initial step in this process is to press Windows + R keys, in order to open run window
- After that, the user will have to write control panel and look for it
- The next step is to hit a click on OK tab
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on User accounts.
- And then select user accounts classic view.
- Now, move to change user account control settings
- And then move the slider and hit never notify option.
Well, that’s it with this article. We hope that the information we have shared with you and the solutions mentioned in this post might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks payroll update error PS033. However, if error continues to trouble you, or if by any chance, you are facing any sort of difficulty in tackling this issue, do not hesitate in discussing the issue with our QuickBooks support team.
Talking to our experts and certified QB professionals will help you in fixing the error without any further hassle. Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and our team will be there to assist you in a single call.
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033 – QuickBooks Can’t Read your Payroll Setup Files
After the launch of QuickBooks 2018, QuickBooks Payroll subscribers encounter QuickBooks error PS033 while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates or while opening a company file in QuickBooks.
” [PSO33] QuickBooks Can’t Read your Payroll Setup Files ” this is the warning message that the customer receives.
Cause Of QuickBooks Error PS033
QuickBooks Error PS033 arises due to damaged files in the CPS folder where the QuickBooks files are stored.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033
Solution 1: Download Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Go to Employees > And Click on Get Payroll Updates
- Download entire QuickBooks Payroll Updates
- Then Update your payroll
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Locate QuickBooks Files stored locally in your system
- or go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\Components\Payroll\CPS
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD
- Now go ahead and update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table
Solution 3: Switch off User Account Controls in your System
Solution 4: Restart and Repair PS033 in Safe Mode
- Restart your system in safe mode
- Open QuickBooks as administrator
- Verify and Rebuild QuickBooks using the repair utility tool
- Update your QuickBooks version to the latest release
- Restart the computer in the safe and download the payroll updates
- Restart the system in normal mode
Call QuickBooks Support to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033
If the above-mentioned steps do not resolve your error PS033 in QuickBooks, get in touch with a QuickBooks expert to save your time and get an instant fix, Dial QuickBooks help phone number +1-888-300-3913. We are available around the clock to serve you with solutions for the latest QuickBooks Errors.
QuickBooks has an amazing feature that it helps organizations to streamline their payroll process. This makes it easy for the companies to pay their employees in an organized manner and on time. This will also reduce hassle and make the process easy, quick, and accurate.
QuickBooks payroll is a user-friendly module that comes combined with the accounting software and has various other useful options as well. But QuickBooks payroll also faces some errors and one of those if QuickBooks Error PS033 which is usually caused when CPS folder has a damaged file. Due to this error, it gets difficult for the user to download the latest payroll updates and thus, is unable to open the company file.
In this blog, I am going to discuss about the possible causes behind to the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 and also share few technical steps to fix it. However, to save you precious time and efforts you can contact to our QuickBooks payroll technical support team by dialing toll-free +1-844-405-0907.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6069?
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
When downloading a payroll update or opening a company file, you receive the following message:
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]”
Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Here are the common causes that may cause this QuickBooks Error PS033:
- Non-activation of the Payroll Subscription
- Inactive Direct Deposit agreement has more than one active payroll
- Damaged ini QuickBooks Desktop File
- QB data is damaged.
- QuickBooks version is not updated.
- Incorrect Service Key.
- Invalid or incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Incorrect company file PSID
- Current Windows version and QuickBooks Desktop are not compatible. (Note: Check what versions of QuickBooks are supported on Windows 10)
- If status on QuickBooks Desktop appears as Invalid number or EIN.
Note: If your Payroll subscription is deactivated, even then there is a possibility for the errors to occur.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code PS033?
To resolve QuickBooks Payroll PS033 error, follow the below given steps:
Solution 1: Download the Latest payroll tax table
- Choose the Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- Choose Download entire payroll update.
- Select Update option.
Check if problem is resolved or not. If it is not resolved, then move to the next step.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Locate the following location: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\ Components\Payroll\CPS
- QQ in the above step is for reference to the yearly edition such as 2018, 2017, 2016
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD and check whether the problem is solved or not.
- Update Payroll Tax Table
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15218?
Solution 3: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
It is applicable for UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7)
After all the steps have been followed:
Solution 4: Reboot and troubleshoot in safe mode
- Firstly of all, run a verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks.
- After that update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Reboot your computer system in safe mode and then update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Finally restart your computer.
I hope the above given information helped you in resolving the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033. However, If you find the issue still persists, you can try and seek the assistance from our QB experts through QuickBooks error support number .i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our experts will help you resolve the error.