While using QuickBooks, User may encounter a few software issues. This article will discuss one such error code i.e. QuickBooks Error 176109.
What is Quickbooks Error 176109?
QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product number also referred to as QuickBooks Error 176109 is related to invalid product code or number code. This error message says that the key authentication files are basically corrupted or missing. The error arises when you try to open QuickBooks Point of Sale. QuickBooks needs enough permission to read and write the files without any interruption. If it doesn’t get administrative level permission, then QuickBooks pos invalid product number is likely to appear.
Why QuickBooks Error 176109 occurs?
The reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Invalid Product Number Error code 176109 are as follows:
- When the contents of the Point of Sale Entitlement folder are missing or damaged.
- The product code or product number is used to install the QuickBooks Point of Sale to QuickBooks Desktop. If this code used is incorrect then QuickBooks Error 176109 error will appear.
- When the user doesn’t have administrative level permission to access the files.
Also Read: Complete Guide to QuickBooks Closing Entry
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109
Here are a few solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks POS invalid product number error 176109:
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder
- Using windows explorer, follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Then click on Delete.
- Click on Yes to confirm the action.
- Now open the QuickBooks Point of Sale and re-register the application.
Solution 2: Renaming the WS Activity file
- Using windows explorer, follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Right, click on WS Activity.
- Select Rename.
- Enter OLD WS Activity and click anywhere to Save.
- Now close the windows.
- Delete the entitlement folder.
- Now relaunch the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Point of Sale
If the above solutions do not solve the problem, perform a re-install of the QuickBooks Point of Sale. Before performing the clean install make sure to create a backup of the files. Here are the steps to re-install the QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Go to the control panel.
- Click on Program and Features.
- In the list of Programs, select QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Then click on uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Step 2: Rename all the Point of Sale Folders
- Add OLD at the end of each folder. This prevents QuickBooks from recognizing the folders in order to create a new one.
Step 3: Re-install the Point of Sale
Follow the steps to install the Point of Sale. In case of any confusion contact the QuickBooks Helpline.
Step 4: Restore the company files
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale, create a new company file. Restore the backup created.
- Open Point of Sale to verify whether the issue is resolved.
- Register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 176109?
Learn to fix QuickBooks Error 176109 when trying to open or register QuickBooks Point of Sale:
In this tech-savvy era, where almost everything is driven by technology, even accounting world is not spared. The QuickBooks accounting software has transformed the working techniques of the entrepreneurs, especially when it comes to accounting and bookkeeping. This software is highly efficient accounting software that permits the users to perform complex accounting tasks. Due to its accuracy and swift functioning, this software is preferred all across the globe. But all these facts don’t make this software error-free.
Every now or then, QB users might stumble upon various types of errors, one such error is QuickBooks Point of sale error 176109. This error code is related to invalid product code or number code and usually occurs when trying to open or register QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. If you have stumbled upon any such error, then this article can be really helpful to you. This article is entirely based on the causes and the easiest ways to tackle the QuickBooks Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.
Thus, the user is required to go through the article till the end carefully. However, a quick solution to your problem can be to consult some QuickBooks enterprise technical support professionals, who might possess the required knowledge to deal with these kinds of errors within no time. You can also make a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our seamless team.
What is QuickBooks POS error 176109?
Well, before digging in deep and learning the ways to fix this error, we would suggest you to get a brief about what actually error 176109 means. Basically, QuickBooks Point of sale invalid product number depicted by error code 176109 is related to invalid product code or number code. The error message that pops up on the screen with this error code means that the key authentication files are missing or corrupted. This type of error could be seen, when the user tries to open the QuickBooks Point of sale. If the user wants to read and write files without any interruption, then it is important to provide QuickBooks with enough permission. If the Admin permissions are not granted, then these types of errors are likely to appear.
What triggers to Error 176109 in QuickBooks?
Now that you know what this error is all about, it is time to find out the triggers to QuickBooks point of sale error 176109.
- The very first cause of this error can be, when the contents of point of sale entitlement folder are missing or get damaged somehow.
- Another factor causing the issue can be when the product number or product code is used for installing the QuickBooks Point of sale to QB Desktop. And if by any chance, a wrong code is used, these types of error are likely to appear.
- One more trigger to the point of sale error can be accessing the files without admin permissions
Easy Techniques to Resolve the QuickBooks error 176109
Now that we have explored the causes of the error along with its actual meaning, it is time to deal with this error by applying various techniques. There can be more than one solution to fix this error, we will be viewing each of the solution one by one. So, without further delay, let us have a look at the solutions:
Technique 1: Eradicating the contents of the entitlement client folder
The very first method to resolve this issue is to remove the contents of the entitlement client folder. This is a step by step process, and also the user can either go for an automatic or manual process, as per the choices and comfort.
Automatic deletion process
The automatic deletion process involved the following steps:
- To delete the contents of the entitlement client folder automatically, the user is required to download the clear entitlement file tool.
- After that, make sure to unzip the file to his/her desktop.
- Also, double-click on the same to run.
- The last step is to re-launch the QuickBooks Point of Sale and then finish the registration.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
Manual deletion process
Now that you know the steps to automatically deletion, let us check out the steps to manually delete the contents of entitlement client folder.
- Talking about the manual deletion, the user needs to press the Windows + E keys simultaneously for opening the Windows Explorer.
- And then look for the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- The next step in this process is to press the Ctrl + A key for choosing the files in the folder, followed by pressing the delete option.
- In order to confirm the action, hit Yes option and move ahead.
- The final step is to re-launch the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and then complete the registration.
For Windows 8 and later:
The steps might differ according to the windows operating system version. So, below are the steps for Windows 8 user.
- The windows 8 users are required to right-click the Start button and then select the File Explorer.
- Now, tap on the View tab and then check the check-box of hidden items.
- The next step in this process is to find the way out to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After that, the user is required to choose the files that are present in the folder, followed by hitting delete option.
- Once done with that, the final step is to open Point of sale again for the registration and complete the process.
For Windows 7 and vista:
If you are a windows 7 and vista user, then carry out the steps below:
- The windows 7 and vista users are required to right click the Start button and then open the Windows explorer.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to click on the Organize option, followed by selecting the Folder and Search options.
- The next step in this process is to click on the View tab, and then choose the show hidden files and folders option.
- In the next step, the user has to find way out to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- To end the process, the user is required to choose the all the files that could be seen in the folder and then hit delete option.
Related article: Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error 6144
Technique 2: Rename the WS Activity file
If the above technique failed to work, then you can go for the renaming the WS activity file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- In this technique, the user has to follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini, using the Windows explorer.
- Followed by right clicking on the WS Activity option.
- Now, choose the Rename option.
- And enter the OLD WS Activity and click anywhere for saving the changes.
- Once done with that, close the windows and move to the next step.
- After that, delete the entitlement folder and switch to the last step.
- End the process by re-launching the QuickBooks Point of sale.
Technique 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of sale
In case the above mentioned techniques fail to resolve QuickBooks error 176109, the user is recommended to clean reinstall the QuickBooks desktop point of sale. This process will help the user to completely uninstall and then reinstall the QB software, which will ultimately help in eradicating the issue.
However, it should be noted that before beginning with the reinstall process, the user is recommended to create a backup of the data file. Also, make sure that the installation CD for QuickBooks desktop POS is available, as the license and product numbers might be required will reinstalling the QB software.
- The user needs to sign in the windows with an admin account and then move to the next step.
- After that uninstall QuickBooks POS from the system.
- Followed by renaming all point of sale folders.
- Once done with that, the user is recommended to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user and reboot the system
- The next step in the process is to install QuickBooks point of sale
- Moving ahead, open the software and then create a new company file, followed by restoring the backup that was created earlier.
- And then, the user needs to verify that the data restored is correct or not.
- In the next step, check whether the error continues or not.
- Also check whether it is possible to connect with the point of sale software and with QuickBooks desktop.
- Lastly, the user needs to register QuickBooks point of sale once again, and you are good to go.
You might also like: Resolve QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
To sum up..!
The QuickBooks Point of sale error 176109 can be very much annoying, but at the same time, it can be tackled easily by following any of the techniques that are enumerated above. We have ensured to provide the best possible information and methods to tackle the issue of Point of sale. However, if by any chance the above enumerated methods didn’t work in your favor, or in case any of your query remained unanswered at the end of this article, then it is highly recommended to discuss the issue with some professional. A QuickBooks professional with a renowned experience possess the capability to tackle the issue without any hassle.
Thus, if you are still stuck somewhere, then talk to some professional to avoid any further mess. You can also speak to our QuickBooks customer service team. Just make a call to us at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with round the clock assistance, without compromising with the quality of the service. Therefore, do not hesitate to talk to us, as we will love to help you!
QuickBooks Error 176109 | QB POS Invalid Product Number (Fixed)
QuickBooks error 176109 is a common issue that users may face while using QuickBooks Point of Sale. The error typically occurs when a user tries to open or register the Point Of Sale application. An error message abruptly appears on your screen that says, “Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number.” The error message depicts that the product code used for the registration of the QuickBooks POS is not correct. However, several other issues may also promote QuickBooks error 176109. Here in this blog post, we will discuss the possible causes behind the error and troubleshooting them one after the other.
What Gives Rise To QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 176109?
When you get Invalid product number warning 176109, there can be several reasons behind this error code while using QuickBooks POS. Below are some of the common reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks Error 176109:
- Corrupt or damaged QB POS entitlement folder is one of the most apparent reasons behind the QB error code 176109
- Lack of proper admin rights can also bring forth error code while registering POS
- You may receive QuickBooks error message 176109 due to wrong product code while installing Point Of Sale
Things to Keep In Ming before Troubleshooting Error 176109 in QuickBooks POS:
Considering the below-given cautionary points can make the troubleshooting process more effective and less troublesome:
- Create a backup of your company file before getting started with the troubleshooting steps. It can prevent a daunting data-disaster.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks POS is updated to the latest maintenance release. If not, get it done before trying the error-removal steps.
- Since, QuickBooks POS entitlement folder is a hidden folder in Windows, you need to change the Windows settings to show hidden files. You may need to delete this folder to resolve this error (176109).
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number?
Below are some effective troubleshooting steps that can help you to overcome the QuickBooks error message: invalid product number.
Solution 1: Delete All Items From Within Entitlement Folder
The QB Point of Sale entitlement files inform the software that the product is valid and registered. To re-enter the product and license information in the QuickBooks, you need to find these files and delete them. To get it done, follow the below-listed steps:
- Navigate to C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8, and once the folder is open, you need to press CTRL + A to select all the files inside the folder
- Now hit the Delete Key and then click Yes to confirm the action
- Now open the QuickBooks POS and try registering the application again
If QuickBooks error 176109 persists, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Rename WS Activity File
To rename the WS activity file, you need to follow the below-explained steps:
- Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Now you need to right-click WSActivity and then select Rename from the drop-down list
- Add OLD at the starting of WSActivity (i.e., OLDWSActivity) and save it
- Exit Windows and perform solution one again.
On getting same error again, move to the next solution.
Solution 3. Check if Clean Installing QuickBooks POS can Fix the Error
Clean installing the QuickBooks Point of Sale can help resolve issues during the installation or when running the software. Here are the steps to perform the clean installation:
Firstly, uninstall QuickBooks POS
- To open the run window, tap Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Write “Control Panel” in the Run window and tap on Enter
- Next, select Programs and Features.
- Click on Uninstall/Change after selecting QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 from the list of programs.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Secondly, copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the desktop. At the end of the folder name, add .OLD. Doing this will prevent QuickBooks POS from recognizing the folder and QuickBooks will create a new one. Now, follow the steps given below to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUSER Windows user:
- Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Next, choose User Accounts and then Manage another account.
- Click Continue in the User Account window.
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete the account.
- Affirm the folder is deleted.
- Reboot the system.
Now, reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Still Getting QuickBooks POS Error 176109?
If you are not able to properly follow the troubleshooting steps, dial our QB support helpline number +1-888-300-3913 and get QuickBooks error code 176109 resolved in no time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks POS invalid product number – Error 176109?
QuickBooks Error 176109 appears with the message – invalid product code or invalid product number. QuickBooks is powerful and highly efficient accounting software that allows users to easily perform complex accounting tasks. This accounting software boosts the productivity of the accounting department of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). However, while using QuickBooks, you may come across certain errors that impede your accounting work.
One of the common errors that you may face is QuickBooks Error 176109. You may face this error while trying to open or register QB Desktop Point of Sale software.
What causes QuickBooks Error 176109?
There are various reasons that can lead to QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product number error or QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product code error. The main reasons are given below –
- There are damaged files in the QB Point of Sale Entitlement folder.
- The product code for installing QuickBooks Point of Sale is incorrect.
- The user is not logged with an administrator account in the Windows.
Steps to fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 176109
The following solutions can help you in fixing this error –
Empty the QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement folder
Follow the following steps to empty all the content of the QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement client folder –
- Type C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the address bar in the Windows Explorer and hit Enter.
- Select all the files present in the folder. You can simultaneously press Ctrl and A keys to do so.
- After you have selected all the files, press the Delete key. A pop-up will appear and will ask you to confirm your action of deleting files. Choose Yes to delete the files.
- Launch again the QB Point of Sale application and again register the application. Make sure that you are using the correct validation code.
Check if QuickBooks invalid product number or invalid product code error, i.e., QuickBooks Error Code 176109 is fixed.
Navigate to file named WSActivity and rename it
You have to follow these steps –
- Type C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini in the address bar in the Windows Explorer and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the file with the name – WSActivity.
- Choose Rename.
- Type OLDWSActivity as the new name.
- Press the Enter key to save the file with the new name.
- Now, close the window.
- After you have closed the window, delete the entitlement again.
- Launch again the QB Point of Sale application.
- Check for QuickBooks Error 176109.
Carry out a clean reinstall for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
If the above solutions failed to resolve QuickBooks Error 176109, you have to do a clean reinstall for QB Desktop Point of Sale. Clean reinstall means that you have to completely uninstall and then reinstall QB POS.
Before starting a clean reinstall, create a backup of your data file. Ensure that the installation CD for QuickBooks Desktop POS is available with you, or if you don’t have the CD, you should have available with you the downloaded setup file of QB Desktop Point of Sale software. Also, you should have your license and product numbers.
Sign-in into the Windows with an administrator account and follow these steps –
- Uninstall QuickBooks POS from your computer.
- Rename all Point of Sale folders.
- Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user and Restart the computer.
- Install QB Point of Sale.
- Open Point of Sale, create a new company file and restore the backup created.
- Verify that the restored data is correct.
- Check whether you can close and restart Point of Sale software without getting QuickBooks Error 176109.
- Check whether you are able to connect with other Point of Sale machines and with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Register QuickBooks POS again.
Fix QuickBooks Error 176109 – Invalid Product & Invalid Product Number
One of the most common errors QuickBooks POS users encounters while utilizing QB Point of Sale is QuickBooks Error 176109. This error usually occurs when a user tries to register or open POS. It displays an error message “Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number” on users computer screen. Several reasons can trigger this error in Point of Sale, and we need to investigate each of them to rectify the issue. For detailed troubleshooting instructions follow the entire article until the end.
You can also call Our Point of Sale Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666 to contact us for help.
What Technical Issues Triggers Error 176109 in Point of Sale
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement Folder is corrupt or damaged.
- The product code used to install Point of Sale is not correct.
- The user does not have administrative rights on the computer.
- Before proceeding with troubleshooting, make sure to take a backup of your company data file.
- Check QuickBooks POS for updates, as you will need the latest version of Point of sale to resolve the issue.
- You need to delete the entitlement folder from windows that is a hidden folder so change the windows settings to show hidden files.
Display Hidden Files in Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Click the Windows Start button and select My Computer.
- Under the Organize tab, select Folder and Search Options.
- Under the View tab, click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Now unmark Hide Protected System Operating Files and click Yes.
- Click Apply and then Click OK.
Display Hidden Files in Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Select the File Extension under the View tab and click Hidden Items.
Display Hidden Files in Windows 10:
- Click the Folder icon at the bottom of the screen in the System Tray.
- Click, Hidden Items under the View tab.
Troubleshooting Steps to Rectify Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number Error:
Try deleting all the Items inside Entitlement Folder
- Navigate to C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 and press Control + A to select all the files inside the folder.
- Press the Delete Key and for confirmation click Yes.
- Now open the QuickBooks POS and try registering the application again.
Try Renaming WS Activity File
- Navigate to C: \Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale\ Ini folder.
- Right click the WSActivity file and rename it to OLDWSActivity.
- Exit this window and delete the Entitlement folder once again.
- Now open QuickBooks POS.
Try Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Click Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Under Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program.
- Double click QuickBooks POS from the list and select Uninstall/Change.
- Click Uninstall, and wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- If you have, QB Setup file in a CD then insert it into your computer, click the Setup file to install QB POS or download it from Intuit’s® website, and follow the on screen instructions for a fresh installation.
Hopefully, this troubleshooting method will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 176109 but if you need the help of an expert to perform this troubleshooting for you then don’t hesitate and call Our Point of Sale Number +1-888-300-3913 now and get connected with a certified experts.