With QuickBooks, you can manage your business in a very handy manner just by one click on your computer. It facilitates customers with accounting applications in cloud-based versions as well which makes it so easy to play with the data. Small business can be managed just by one click on your laptop or mobiles. One can keep the track of business; can analyze the growth rates and profits. Control of the cash flow can be taken care of very easily. Track of expenses for the sake of tax payment is also handled very wisely. Many times, users face the issue wherein QuickBooks excel could not open the data file. In this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks won’t export to excel issue and enlighten you with different methods to resolve the problem.
QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel
Many customers face the problem of not being able to export the data to excel. It’s because your software is not able to identify the Excel that is installed in the system. The problem generally occurs when you update QuickBooks. Generally, if the update is unsuccessful, Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks Desktop is faced. Well, a common way to resolve this issue is to re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by just repairing of Microsoft office. This lets you QuickBooks to identify that you have Excel on your computer.
Exporting QuickBooks to excel issues
- Damaged or malfunctioning MS Excel.
- Your QuickBooks is either not updated or the software might be damaged.
- File registry may not be working properly.
Export issues faced in MAC can be due to:
- If the system doesn’t fulfill the required specification for QB software to work like:
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier MAC OS 10.10.2 is needed.
- Intel Core Duo or higher is recommended
- 2-4GB RAM required
- At least 250 Mb disk space is required.
- QuickBooks payroll requires active internet connection along with properly functioning adobe reader so as to pint the forms.
How to Resolve Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks Desktop?
- Firstly, go to Edit and click on Preferences.
- Now, click on Payroll & Employees.
- Select the Company Preferences tab.
- You have to choose Full Payroll option and make a dummy Employee.
- Then, create a new QuickBooks Online account.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Copy company files to the Desktop.
- Now, open QB Desktop and go to File.
- Select Open or Restore COmpany where you have stored your company file.
- Firstly, log in to your QuickBooks account and go to Gear Icon.
- Now, click on Company Settings.
- Next, enter your Contact Info and other required details.
- After then, click on Save and then Done.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Desktop and perform the import again.
- First of all, login to QuickBooks Online and choose the Gear icon.
- Click on Internet Options and then choose Security tab.
- Now, select the Trusted Sites option.
- Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode.
- Click on Sites and add https://.intuit.com from the trusted sites list.
- Finally, click on Done and then Close.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel (for MAC)?
- Check whether your computer is compatible with the version of Excel that you are using
- Do check whether your system meets the specifications required to work with QuickBooks.
- If your system meets the required specifications then there is a possibility that you might be having the issue with the installation of Excel or QuickBooks.
- To verify the issue doesn’t lie with Excel to re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by just repairing of Microsoft office. This lets you QuickBooks to identify that you have Excel on your computer.
- To check whether the issue lies in QuickBooks installation, a clean install is recommended to get rid of QuickBooks installation issues.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Unable To Export to Excel Error?
Fix export to Excel issues in QuickBooks Desktop by performing simple steps
Are you unable to export to Excel? The option would be grayed out and you wouldn’t be able to select it if there is export to excel issue in QuickBooks Desktop. But don’t worry, this is fixable. If you already have MS Excel installed on your computer but you failed to export reports – all you need to do is install a few updates.
You must also use the version installed on your system in case you are using Microsoft Office 365 and avoid using the web browser version. Besides, you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks won’t export to Excel issue.
If you are also facing any such issue, then reading this post ahead can be a savior for you. Moreover, as an alternative, you can also contact our support team, where you will get assistance from experts and certified ProAdvisors. Give us a call at +1-844-521-0490, and our accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks Error Code 12157?
Brief into QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel
QuickBooks users recently reported the QuickBooks not being able to export the data to excel or QuickBooks unable to export to excel. This can be caused if the software is unable to identify the Excel that is installed in the system. This issue generally comes up when the user tries to update the QuickBooks software. In case the update is unsuccessful, this could end up in this error. This error can be resolved by re-registering all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by just repairing Microsoft office.
Factors causing the QuickBooks Unable to export to Excel issue
There can be many reasons leading to the error. Below we have mentioned most common factors include:
Causes of QB export to excel issues
There can be certain factors leading to QuickBooks export to excel issues, which are listed below:
- In correct working of file registry Or malfunctioning or damaged MS Excel
- If the QuickBooks application is corrupted or damaged
- Either the QuickBooks is not updated, or the software might be damaged
- In case the file registry doesn’t work in a proper manner
Causes of QuickBooks export issues in Mac
If you are a QuickBooks for Mac user, then the causes for the export to excel issues might differ in your case. Check out the factors leading to such issue below:
- The issues can be caused if the system doesn’t fulfill the required specification for QB software to work
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier Mac OS 10.10.2 is needed
- Also, intel core duo or higher is suggested
- 2-4 GB RAM
- At least 250 MB disk space is needed
- QuickBooks payroll needs active internet connection and also requires properly functioning adobe reader so as to print forms
How to resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Export To Excel?
Checkout the following troubleshooting methods in order to resolve export to excel issues in QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Keeping your QuickBooks up-to-date can help you avoid many errors, including QuickBooks won’t export to Excel issue. Here is what you need to do after your accounting software is updated:
- Open Reports menu and then any report on the file
- Click on the Excel button and you shall see all export options, including Excel
Move on to the next step if the issue persists.
Read this also: Methods to sync QuickBooks files between two computers
Step 2: Check system requirements for QuickBooks
All QuickBooks Desktop versions work with specific versions of Microsoft Office. You must check the system requirements for your QuickBooks version: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
Upgrade your MS Office version if that’s not compatible with your QuickBooks.
If your MS version is already compatible, move on to the next step.
Step 3: Check if Microsoft Office requires repairing
If the above steps failed, then the user can repair the microsoft office, if needed. Here is how you can repair Microsoft Office.
Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
- Click on the Start button on the screen or the keyboard
- Go to Control Panel and click Programs
- Select Uninstall a Program and click the office product (excel) you need to repair and click Change
- As per the availability of the option, click online repair and then select repair or select repair and then continue
- Follow the prompts on the screen
- Click on the Start button on the screen or the keyboard
- Select the MS Office Product you have to repair and click Modify
- As per the availability of the option, click online repair and then select repair or select repair and then continue
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Go back into QuickBooks accounting software and try to export a report. If the issue still exists, move on to troubleshooting step 4.
Step 4: Toggle Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
You can toggle the settings of Windows UAC on and off to reset anything restricting the export feature (Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Click on the Start menu
- Click on the search box and type User Account Control Settings to open User Account Control Settings
- Choose and move the slider to Never Notify and hit OK
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect
Open QuickBooks and try to export a report. If you succeed, everything is fixed. If not, perform the next step.
Read Also: Steps to rectify QuickBooks error code 15104
Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
Please note that your computer shall have Microsoft Office and Excel already installed before you install QuickBooks. If Microsoft Office isn’t already available, you must uninstall and reinstall QB Desktop.
Go back into QuickBooks and attempt to export a report after reinstalling QuickBooks.
Step 6: Checking the compatibility of the software with the MS Excel
The user needs to upgrade the QuickBooks and ensure to have the Windows 10 installed on the system. For upgrading QuickBooks, the below steps can be used:
- The very first step is to login the QuickBooks account using correct credentials
- After that, the user needs to purchase the latest version of QuickBooks and then download it to the system.
- Also, carry out the setup and uninstall the versions already installed to prevent technical distress
- Lastly, the user needs to carefully install the upgraded version of QuickBooks software.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel (For MAC)
For resolving QuickBooks won’t export to excel (For MAC), the user can carry out the steps below:
- The user needs to check whether the system is compatible with the version of excel that is being used
- Also, check if the system meets the specifications needed to work with QuickBooks.
- Another important step is that if the system meets the required specifications, then it is probable that the user might face issue with the installation of excel or QuickBooks
- For verifying the issues doesn’t lie with excel to re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by just repairing of Microsoft office. This lets the user to identify that the excel is present on the system
- For checking if the issue lies in QuickBooks installation, the user can go for clean install and get rid of the installation issues
Required Specification for QB software in MAC:
- QuickBooks For Mac 2016 R5 or earlier MAC OS 10.10.2
- Also, intel core duo or higher is recommended
- 2-4 GB RAM is must
- Minimum 250 MB disk space is required
- An active internet connection with a correctly working adobe reader so as to print the forms
Note: It should be considered that the user hasn’t left any of the transaction forms open during exporting the file and report to excel. The user will find that the transaction forms might include invoice, purchase order, and sales order. And in case the user is having a non-transaction form opened then, he/she will find the export to excel function working. It is always recommended to open the item list first and then move to the export function.
See this also: How to Setup email in QuickBooks desktop?
Perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article in the provided sequence. You are very likely to be able to get rid of the export to Excel Issue. If you are still facing QuickBooks desktop unable to export to Excel or QuickBooks Excel couldn’t open the data file error then, contact our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at +1-888-300-3913 for more advanced and precise solutions.
QuickBooks Export to Excel not Working! Here’s How to Fix it
QuickBooks has from time and again has worked to solve the issues that may arise in its software and one such error reported quite often is “QuickBooks Export to Excel not working” error. Exporting QuickBooks to excel does not include much complications but one few rare cases, technical errors may appear. It can either be that QuickBooks crashes when exporting to excel or QuickBooks freezes when exporting to excel. The issue is observed mainly when the user upgrade the QuickBooks software and export to Excel option is either greyed out or is not clickable. If you are also dealing with issues while exporting forms and reports from QuickBooks in Excel format, then follow the instructions listed in this article to quickly regain access to QuickBooks export to Excel feature.
Are you Unable to Export Data from QuickBooks to Excel? Dial (844)-888-4666 to Talk to an Expert for Help
Potential Causes for QuickBooks Export to Excel Failure
Multiple factors might be the responsible for QuickBooks export to excel failure. Before we head over to find the troubleshooting steps, let us go through the reasons which lead to “QuickBooks export to excel not working” error. Moreover, to follow the correct troubleshooting steps, recognizing the root of the error is more important. Some of the potential causes for this error are as below:
- Latest software updates have not been installed from a long time leading to the error.
- Partial or incomplete update could be one of the reasons for the error. (Fix QuickBooks installation errors using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool)
- MS Excel software is corrupted.
- Windows User Account Controls settings can also sometimes create issues exporting files in Excel from from QuickBooks.
- Your system does not meet the minimum system requirement to run QuickBooks Desktop application. (Make sure you system meets the Minimum System Requirement to Run QuickBooks)
Resolve the QuickBooks not Exporting to Excel with the following Steps
Solution 1: Updating the QuickBooks Software
Updating the software, ensures QuickBooks works in its optimal state. To update the software, following steps need to be carried out and consequently remove the error of QuickBooks not Exporting to Excel.
- Launch the software on your computer
- Go to the main menu and click on ‘update.’
- Complete the update process and check for if the error still persists.
- Make sure the internet connection is a stable one.
- For more detailed instructions follow our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released version.
Solution 2: Temporarily Disable Windows User Account Control Settings
Sometimes, Windows User Account Control settings that are meant to protect your system from unwanted threats suspects QuickBooks and its related processes as a threat to Windows security and blocks some or all of the actions performed by the user in QuickBooks. With this troubleshooting step we will temporarily disable the Windows UAC settings and check is this resolved the error.
- Click the Windows Start button and search UAC.
- Now click Change User Account Control Settings option and change the settings to Never Notify.
- Hit the OK button and restart your Windows.
- Try to export a form or report from QuickBooks in Excel format and check if the error is resolved.
If the error continues to bother you, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Try to Export using the Correct Method
- Go to the Customer Center and choose Transactions from the Transaction Pane.
- Select the transaction for transaction journal available at the Transactions list.
- Choose your transaction journal.
- Tap on the Excel button and create a new worksheet and export this to excel.
- Make sure you first open the Item List and then your report.
- Select List and Open Item List from it.
- Select and Open the Report you want to open from Report Menu.
- Click on the Email button and then the Export to Excel option.
- Now select Excel or Email as Excel Form, from the drop-down list.
Solution 3: Repair Microsoft Excel on your Windows Computer
- For complete info on repairing Microsoft Excel follow article Repair an Office Application from Microsoft.
The above mentioned troubleshooting steps aimed to help you solve QuickBooks Export to Excel not Working error. It is however possible to get stuck at some step or not find the root cause which leaves you stuck with QuickBooks not Exporting to Excel. At this point the support at +1-888-300-3913 comes to the rescue with team of highly trained technicians.
Resolve QuickBooks Unable To Export To Excel Error
QuickBooks is popular and well-designed software with highly advanced features. This software is not less than any boon for entrepreneurs across the globe. But when it comes to technicalities, coding, and algorithms, glitches and technical issues are part and parcel. While exploring the features and functionalities of this software, often QuickBooks users might face certain errors, one such error is QuickBooks software unable to export files to excel. Many QuickBooks users might encounter this error, and the majority of them find it too difficult to be tackled.
In this article, we provide our readers a complete insight of the issue “QuickBooks unable to export to excel error” such as its causes and solution.
In order to help the users, get rid of this error, we have come up with this article. At the end of this article, we expect that the readers might be able to deal with the error permanently and also explore the causes and other facts related to the error. A quick solution to this error can be getting in touch with our team of technical support experts by dialing .i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
We own a pool of experts and QuickBooks professionals, who are well versed with some of the most effective solutions to all kinds of QuickBooks associated issues. Thus, do not hesitate to reach out to our QuickBooks error support troubleshooting team.
QuickBooks unable to export to excel error
At times, QuickBooks users might face issue in exporting data to excel. This issue generally arises when this accounting software is unable to recognize the excel that is installed in the user’s system, and this happens if the user update QuickBooks. According to the QuickBooks professionals, one of the most common ways to shun off this issue is to re-register all the keys with Microsoft, by reinstalling or by merely repairing Microsoft office. This method lets the software to identify that excel is present on the computer.
However, this is not the only solution, there can be various other fixes to this error, that we will be discussing later on in this article.
Factors Causing the QB Export to Excel Issues
There can be numerous reasons leading to the error: QuickBooks unable to export to excel. A few of the most common factors include:
- Improper working of file registry
- Malfunctioning or damaged MS Excel.
- When the QB application is corrupted or damaged.
- Either your QuickBooks is not updated, or the software might be damaged.
- When the File Registry doesn’t work in a proper manner.
Factors leading to export issues in MAC
These issues can be caused if the system doesn’t fulfill the required specification for QB software to work. These specifications include:
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier Mac OS 10.10.2 is required
- Intel Core Duo or higher is suggested
- 2-4 GB RAM
- At least 250 MB disk space is needed
- QuickBooks Payroll requires active internet connection along with properly functioning adobe reader so as to print forms
How to Troubleshoot the Exporting to Excel Error?
Talking about the fixes to this error, there can be a variety of ways to resolve these errors. In this article, we will be exploring each of the solutions one by one. So, without further ado, let us get started.
- First of all, the user is required to open the ‘customer center‘
- In the transaction panel, the user is required to ‘locate the transaction‘
- Now, right-click the transaction that you wish to see a ‘transaction journal‘
- After that, the user is required to select the ‘transaction journal‘
- Lastly, visit the ‘Excel button‘ and then select to ‘create a new worksheet to export‘ the report to excel.
Items list is required to be opened first and then open the report
As the first thing always comes first, you need to figure out the features that are needed to be open at the first and after that open the report. While being on the non-transaction form, open the reports that are able to be export to Excel.
- The user is required to go to the ‘list‘ and then open the ‘Item list‘
- After that, the user is required to open any report that they want from the ‘Report menu‘.
- Lastly, by clicking on the excel drop-down or email export to excel, or email as excel by merely clicking the ‘email button‘.
Steps to export excel
- The first step is to select ‘Company‘
- After that, the user is required to visit ‘reports‘, company and financial and now select ‘Profit and loss standard‘
- Now, tap on to ‘Excel‘ and the go to ‘Create New Worksheet‘
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on ‘export‘ and new files will open in ‘MS-Excel‘
- Moving ahead, the user is required to go back to QuickBooks and then click ‘Excel‘, followed by selecting ‘create new worksheet‘
- The next step is to go to ‘Send Report to excel‘
- After that, tap on ‘Create a comma-separated values (.csv) file‘
- The user is now required to click on the option give a filename
- The final step is to click on ‘Save‘.
Permission by Export
Bank Transaction Export: This will allow the QB users to export the .csv/.iif file to the QuickBooks.
Bill Export: This feature assists you to export the .csv and .iif format file to export to the QB software.
Calendar Export: The calendar export feature allows you to export the calendar to another application. You can click here anytime to export the calendar.
Contact Notes Export: The Contact Notes Export features enable the QuickBooks users to export the list of all contact notes on contacts created in the Clio.
QuickBooks Transaction Import: We manually enter lots of invoice into the QB software every month. We can import the data files in .csv and .iif format files into the QuickBooks with this feature. However, sometimes the QuickBooks precisely require extended versions such as QuickBooks Pro 2005 which are highly compatible with vivid formats and entities.
Arrangements that Cause the Errors during Export & Import of QB Payroll Journal Entries
- This error could be possible in the circumstance where multiple accounts in the accounting CS owns the identical description. However, the accounting CS type differs a lot from the type of QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks Transaction details/information doesn’t match with the accounting CS account details/information. To process or proceed the transaction import, it is necessary that the account detail information match exactly.
Important Note: Simply make sure you have not left any of the transaction forms open during exporting the file as well as report to excel. You will find that the transaction forms could consist of Invoices, Purchase order as well as Sales order. Also if you have a non-transaction form opened up after that you’ll locate the Export to succeed function will certainly work. The example of the non-transaction form is “The Item List of Chart of Accounts”. That’s why it is constantly encouraged to open the Item List initially and afterwards go for the export feature.
- The first step is, go to ‘Edit‘ and then click on ‘Preferences‘
- After that, the user is required to click on ‘Payroll & Employees‘
- Now, select the ‘Company Preferences‘ tab
- The next step is to select ‘Full Payroll‘ option and then make a dummy Employee
- The last step is to ‘create a new QuickBooks Online account‘.
- To begin with, the user is required to login the QuickBooks online software and then select the ‘Gear icon‘.
- After that, the user is required to click on the ‘Internet options’ and then select the ‘Security tab‘.
- The next step is to select the ‘Trusted Sites‘ option.
- Moving ahead, uncheck the ‘Enable Protected Mode‘.
- Now, tap on ‘Sites‘ and then add https://.intuit.com from the trusted sites list.
- The final step is to click on ‘Done‘ and then hit ‘Close‘ option.
- In this method, the very first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, the user is required to ‘copy company files‘ to the Desktop.
- In the next step, the user is required to open the QB desktop, followed by visiting the File.
- Lastly, the user is required to choose ‘Open or Restore Company‘ where he/she has stored the company file.
How to resolve QuickBooks won’t export to excel (for MAC)?
You can resolve the export to excel problem on your QuickBooks for Mac.
- The first step is to check if the computer is compatible with the version of Excel that the person is using.
- Also, make sure to check if the system meets the requirements or the specifications that are needed to work with QuickBooks.
- Now, if the system meets the specifications, then there is a possibility that the user might be having the issue with the installation of QuickBooks or Excel
- Moving ahead, in order to verify the issue doesn’t lie with Excel to re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by simply repairing the Microsoft Office. This will let the users to identify that you have Excel on your computer.
- Lastly, in order to check if the issue lies in QuickBooks installation, then a clean installation is definitely recommended, in order to do away with the issues.
With this, we come to the end of this article, with the hope that the user might be able to deal with the issues like QuickBooks unable to export to excel by reading this article. If in case, the user is unable to tackle the error even after going through the above-suggested steps, then it is recommended to get in touch with our QuickBooks online support team at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-888-300-3913.
Our team of experts and highly qualified QuickBooks professionals leaves no stone unturned to provide the finest possible services to our clients.