Quicken CP SCRIPT ERROR 160 occurs when you update your accounts in Quicken for Mac using Quicken Connect connection method. It’s a connectivity error between your financial institution and Quicken software.
This error will exactly look like this in Quicken CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:160
Quicken Connect is also known as Express Web Connect (In Windows). You can fix this issue by simply switching the connection type. If you’re using Quicken Connect as a connection type, you should try switching to Direct Connect.
Note: If you want our experts to fix this issue for you, please contact us today by dialing 1-877-353-8076
Simple Steps to fix Quicken CP SCRIPT ERROR 160
STEP ONE: Deactivate the Account
Important: If your bank does support both connection method Quicken Connect and Direct Connect please choose Direct Connect in the process to reactivate the account or if they only support Quicken Connect as a connection type please reactivate the account using the same connection method.
STEP TWO: Reactivate the Account
1. Click on the Deactivated account
2. Click on the Settings at the bottom right side corner
3. Click on the Setup Transaction Download
4. Now type the name of your financial institution
5. In this step, you may ask for choosing a connection type (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect) as suggested if Direct Connect is available please connect your account using it.
6. Then enter your bank Username and Password
7. In the process to reactivate the account Quicken will show you your account information make sure to LINK your account instead of adding it again (See an image below)
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face Quicken CP Script Error 160 anymore but in case if it still exists. You can speak with our experts (Independent). TollFree +1-888-300-3913
Fix Quicken CP Script Error 160 with Simple Steps
Like other applications, Quicken software is also needed to be updated time to time to grab the current features. Once you update your Quicken account, you can manage and organize the various documentation works in most steady and relevant manner. But it is also the fact that while downloading the transactions or installing an update account in Quicken, few technical glitches could be encountered. One common error can be faced by you is Quicken CP Script Error 160 when attempting to update accounts in Quicken via Quicken Connect connection method. It is a connectivity error exactly displayed like: CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:160 in Quicken. In order to efficiently get rid of it, you simply have to switch the connection type.
For more info you can walk through the post. In this guide, you will find some fruitful guidelines in terms of dealing with such a Quicken connectivity issue. So, without any delay, read the blog!
Quicken by default choose Quicken Connect as a connection type but if your financial institution does support Direct Connect, it’s great to connect with it directly without any hassle. But if switching the connection type doesn’t help you out in eliminating Quicken CP Script Error 160, try to reactivate your account. This may solve your problem.
Steps to Fix Quicken CP Script Error 160
Go through the simple instructions mentioned underneath in order To Fix Quicken CP Script Error 160. Let’s begin with the step-by-step guides properly:
Step 1: Deactivate Your Account
Learn the right ways to troubleshoot Quicken CP Script Error 160:
- First launch Quicken
- Now, click on the “Account name”
- Click on the “Settings” tab at the bottom right side corner
- In the next window, give a click on the “Troubleshooting” option
- After that, click on “Deactivate Downloads”
- At the end, click “Save” button to make changes successfully done
NOTE: If your bank supports both the connection methods that is Quicken Connect and Direct Connect, then opt for the Direct Connect method in the process to reactivate the account. But if your bank only supports Quicken Connect as a connection type, then you can reactivate the account using the same connection method.
Step 2: Reactivate The Account
Below noted guided instructions are going to be very much helpful for you in order to Quicken account reactivation. Therefore, despite wandering everywhere, keep your eyes feat on the given steps:
- First, launch Quicken
- Then, locate the account you would like to deactivate and hence click on the Deactivated account
- Afterwards, click on the “Settings” tab at the bottom right corner of the Window screen
- Click on the “Setup Transaction Download” tab
- Now type the name of your bank
- In the next procedure, you may be asked for choosing a connection type in between Quicken Connect and Direct Connect. If Direct Connect is available, use it to connect your account
- Then after, enter your bank Username and Password
- In the account reactivation procedure, Quicken will show you your account information
- Make sure to LINK your account instead of adding it again
Contact Highly Expert Techies to Instantly Solve your Problem
Don’t get disappointed if you carefully read out the afore-mentioned content and follow the provided directions but unfortunately yet unable to eradicate Quicken CP Script Error 160. We have technical squad working day to night continuously to always proffer world-class remedy at doorstep. So, make direct connection to them visit Quicken.com/support. No matter how much difficulty level of your problem is, will be annihilated in just a second as they are experienced and well-educated.