Quicken is the one leading software purposely being accessed for acquiring instant personal financing solutions. With its upgraded features, one can very effectively manage his/her business accounting and other financial transactions without making any effort. But many times due to corrupt download or incomplete installation of Quicken software, one can come across numerous problematic hurdles. One common error code that generally occurs when running Quicken in the Windows system is Quicken Error Code 7214. It is a critical error also known as a runtime error. Luckily, it is easy to fix but somehow need strong technical knowledge. If you are not competent enough to deal with this problem, simply walk through the post. In this guide, you will learn the relevant fixing information about the runtime error code 7214. Hence, take a glance!
Symptoms of Quicken Error Code 7214
In most cases, runtime errors suddenly appear without throwing any warning message. However, Error Code 7214 can come up on the screen anytime when Quicken is running. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can be shown again and again if they are not addressed earlier. Some unwanted activities will be happening when you use Quicken on your Windows desktop. Check-out the sign which informs you that there is something that went wrong with your Quicken. Give a look at below:
- There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing
- You will receive a message saying “The Error 7214: We are sorry for the inconvenience”
Reasons For The Appearance Of Quicken Error Code 7214
We are giving the list of possible causes because of which you can encounter Quicken Error Code 7214. Give a look at the below-noted points:
- Virus infection
- Inappropriate installation of Quicken
- Incomplete downloading of Quicken software
- Poor graphics driver
- Incompatible programs running at the same time
Methods To Rectify Quicken Error Code 7214
Such a runtime error may be infuriating, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed, easy repairs are available. The quick ways to remedy the Quicken Error 7214 mentioned underneath:
Method 1: Close Conflicting Programs
The runtime error is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The very beginning step you require to take is for sorting the problem out is to cancel all these conflicting programs soon. Here is how to do the same:
- Open “Task Manager” by pressing the “Ctrl-Alt-Del” keys simultaneously. Doing this the list of programs currently running will be displayed on the screen
- Go to the “Processes” tab, close the programs one by one apparently by highlighting each program and then give a click on the “End Process” tab at the bottom
You will then have to examine after making cancellation of the programs that the Quicken Error Code 7214 yet persists. If it reoccurs, go ahead with the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
To update or reinstall the programs that conflicts, go through the following instructions:
- For Windows 7, click the “Start” button, then go to the Control panel tab, then click on Uninstall a program
- Now, For Windows 8, click the Start button, then scroll down to reach the option “More Settings”, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program
- For Windows 10, simply type “Control Panel” into the Windows search box and click the result, then tap “Uninstall a program”
- Now, go to “Programs and Features” section, click the program that you want to update or uninstall
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however, if you chose to Uninstall, follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program correctly.
If this also doesn’t help you to resolve Quicken Error Code 7214, move to the next fixing method.
Method 3: Update Your Antivirus Program
The system has infected with viruses could cause runtime errors. So, make sure you update your antivirus program to prevent, delete, or quarantine the viruses. Once your computer gets free from viruses, you won’t again encounter Quicken Error Code 7214.
Also read: How to Move Quicken to New Computer?
Contact Tech-Support Team For Instant Solving Guide
If these quick fixes do not impactful for solving Quicken Error Code 7214, don’t be sad! There are experienced tech-geeks for your better help. You only need to place a single call at the helpline number and stay in touch with them. Such an error code will definitely be dissolved in the blink of an eye.
How to fix the Runtime Error 7214 Quicken Error 7214
This article features error number Code 7214, commonly known as Quicken Error 7214 described as Error 7214: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quicken Error 7214
Error number: Error 7214
Description: Error 7214: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try this first: Click here to fix Quicken errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error 7214
Runtime Error 7214 happens when Quicken fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Symptoms of Code 7214 – Quicken Error 7214
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Quicken is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quicken Error 7214 – Error 7214
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteUsing Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.