Quicken Error OL-294 occurs when updating the accounts using online services. Error Code OL-294-A generally arise when Quicken doesn’t receive the response from the server.
This problem may arise temporary from the bank server that use Quicken to connect.
In this post, we’ll discuss the causes and solution methods to fix the problem.
Causes for Quicken Error Code OL-294
- Unexpected response from the server
- Incorrect or Outdated logins(Username & Password)
- Temporary server outage
Things to do before starting with the troubleshooting steps
1. Create a Quicken data file backup
Our recommendation is to create a Quicken file backup prior to taking any troubleshooting steps because if there would be any fallback in between the process so you can come back to the same place. To create a backup:
- Open Quicken
- Go to Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File…
- Click on Back up Now
2. Turn off the automatic download transactions into register
In order to fix this problem, we may need to deactivate an account in Quicken but before that, it’s best to turn off automatically add the transactions to the banking register feature that helps to avoid the duplication of transactions into the account.
To do that:
- Go to Edit > Preferences…
- Click on Downloaded Transactions
- Now unchecked the Automatically add to banking registers
- Then click OK
Note: The Process to fix Quicken Error OL-294 may be complex, you can speak with the TheSupportZone expert for a quick resolution. Dial TollFree or leave us your message.
8 Simple Methods to Fix Quicken Error OL-294
Method 1: Update Quicken to the Latest Release
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If an update is available to install, click on Yes to launch it.
Method 2: Refresh Online Account Information
- Click on the Account(To the left side)
- Once account register is open click on the top-right gear icon with a drop-down menu
- Then click Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- Next screen prompts you to enter a vault or bank password
- Then click Update Now
- Now try to update the accounts again
Method 3: Wait 24-48 Business Hours
After trying the above methods, please wait at least 24-48 business hours. It may take some time to implement the changes on the bank’s server or website. You can try to update the account after 24-48 hours if the same problem happens again then try the same methods as shown above.
We don’t recommend deactivating and reactivate the account as this error arises for the temporary period of time but after waiting for too long if the same problem is still happening, please proceed further with the below methods too.
Method 4: Verify the Account Information
- Go to Tools > Account List
- Click on Edit to the account that is in question
- Select the General tab, verify the account information such as account number, customer id, etc.
Method 5: Verify the Password
- Go to Tools > One Step Update…
- Uncheck all the other banks except the one that causing this trouble
- Then enter the password and click Update Now
Method 6: Deactivate an Account
You may need to deactivate an account in order to fix this error. Deactivation of an account doesn’t cause the data loss.
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Now you can click on Edit to an account that causing this problem
- Select the Online Services tab
- Then click Deactivate
- Now click Yes to confirm
- Then click OK and Done
Method 7: Reactivate the Deactivated Account
- Go to Tools > Add Account…
- Then select the type of an account such as Checking, Savings, etc.
- Now click on Advanced Setup(to the bottom left corner)
- Now type the name of your bank/financial institution
- Then click Next
- Select a suitable connection method and click Next
- Now enter the bank Username and Password
- Then click Connect
- Now Quicken starts to look up your accounts at a bank
- Once you can see the list of your accounts, it’s time to reactivate account(s)
- Instead of adding the accounts again, you need to LINK it with an existing account in Quicken(See an image below)
- Then click Next and Finish
Method 8: Contact your Bank/Financial Institution
If the same problem still exists after following all the above methods, you may need to contact your financial institution. It could be a possibility that your bank making some changes or they’re facing some trouble with the servers.
You need to speak with the online specialist in a bank that handles online banking issues. If he/she can’t fix the issue the ticket would arise with the superior department to fix the issue.
After following all the above methods you’ll no longer face Quicken Error Code OL-294 but in case it still exists, you can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial Us or Leave us your message.
fix the Runtime Code 0L-249 Quicken
This article features error number Code 0L-249, commonly known as Quicken Error 0L-249 described as Error 0L-249: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quicken Error 0L-249
Error number: Code 0L-249
Description: Error 0L-249: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try this first: Click here to fix Quicken errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Code 0L-249
Runtime Code 0L-249 happens when Quicken fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Symptoms of Code 0L-249 – Quicken Error 0L-249
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Quicken is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quicken Error 0L-249 – Code 0L-249
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteUsing Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.
Wells Fargo OL-248 and OL-249 Error : How to fix and resolve ?
Wells Fargo comes under the top five banks at United States and has been ranked at the third spot since mid-2020 after JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America. It became the world’s largest bank through market capitalization edging past ICBC in July 2015 before it fell behind JPMorgan Chase in September 2016 after a scandal that involved the creation of around 2 million fake bank accounts and illegal manipulation of other accounts by the employees of Wells Fargo. It fell behind Bank of America at the third position through bank deposits in 2017 and behind Citigroup in the fourth position in terms of total assets in 2018.
The financial institution is the result of a merger between San Francisco-based Wells Fargo and Company and Norwest Corporation in 1998 located at Minneapolis and acquisition of Wachovia in the year 2008 located at Charlotte. Because of the mergers, Wells Fargo transferred their headquarters to San Francisco and merged the operating subsidiary at Sioux Falls. It is termed among the ‘Big Four Banks’ at United States along with JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup. Wells Fargo has around 8,050 branches and 13,000 ATMs since June 2018 and has been operating in 35 countries with global customers of around 70 million.
But their services faces some occasional errors which proves to be a matter of irritation for many users. Especially the errors that pop up in their online portals. Two such errors are the OL-248 and OL-249. A large number of users have expressed their frustration regarding this particular error that they have faced while using the services of Wells Fargo. Users said that the errors appeared when they tried to download new transactions, make online transactions and setting up online account services. For those who don’t like to step outside of their home, net banking and other online services of the bank has been of more use to them but these errors have made their work almost impossible.
The errors occurs mainly if the computer is not able to make a secure internet connection with Wells Fargo. It normally indicates a temporary problem. But still, you can follow these steps and try to fix it by yourself –
- Exit ‘Quicken’.
- Choose Start, then select Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Double click on ‘Date and Time’ in the Date/Time Properties window, set the correct date and time and click OK.
- Open Quicken and try to make the online request again.
How To Fix Quicken Error 0L-249
|Error Number:||Error 0L-249|
|Error Name:||Quicken Error 0L-249|
|Error Description:||Error 0L-249: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11|
Quicken Error 0L-249 Summary
Quicken Error 0L-249 is typically an error (bug) found at runtime. Software developers such as Intuit Inc. usually take Quicken through multiple levels of debugging to weed out these bugs before being released to the public. Tragically, problems like error 0L-249 can be missed, and the software will contain these problems on release.
In the release of the latest version of Quicken, an error could be encountered that reads, “Quicken Error 0L-249”. In the event of the detected error 0L-249, customers may convey the presence of problem to Intuit Inc. via email or bug reporting. Programmers can then correct these errors in the code and include a hotfix that can be downloaded from their website. Therefore, when you do a Quicken software update, it will contain a patch for fixing issues like error 0L-249.
What Generates Runtime Error 0L-249?
A problem with Quicken source code will produce this Quicken Error 0L-249, most often during the startup phase. Here’s the three most common causes why error 0L-249 runtime errors happen:
Error 0L-249 Crash – This is a typical runtime error 0L-249 error that crashes the machine entirely. Typically this is the result of Quicken not understanding the input, or not knowing what to output in response.
Quicken Error 0L-249 Memory Leak – Error 0L-249 memory leak occurs and exposes Quicken as a culprit, dragging down your PC performance. Critical problems related to this may be lack of memory de-allocation, or there is a connection to bad code such as infinite loops.
Error 0L-249 Logic Error – The computer system creates incorrect information or produces a different result even though the data that is input is accurate. This is seen when Intuit Inc.’s source code contains a flaw in data handling.
In most cases, Quicken Error 0L-249 file problems are due to the Quicken-related file missing or being corrupted by malware or virus. The primary way to resolve these problems manually is to replace the Intuit Inc. file with a fresh copy. As a last measure, we recommend using a registry cleaner to repair any invalid Quicken Error 0L-249, Intuit Inc. file extension, and other file path references which could be causing the error message.
Typical Quicken Error 0L-249 Errors
Partial List of Quicken Error 0L-249 Quicken Errors:
- “Error in Application: Quicken Error 0L-249”
- “Invalid Win32 Program: Quicken Error 0L-249”
- “Sorry for the inconvenience – Quicken Error 0L-249 has a problem.”
- “Sorry, we can’t find Quicken Error 0L-249.”
- “Quicken Error 0L-249 not found.”
- “Start-up error in application: Quicken Error 0L-249.”
- “Quicken Error 0L-249 is not running.”
- “Quicken Error 0L-249 failed.”
- “Faulting Application Path: Quicken Error 0L-249.”
These Intuit Inc. error messages can appear during program installation, while a Quicken Error 0L-249-related software program (eg. Quicken) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. When seeing the Quicken Error 0L-249 error, please record occurrences to troubleshoot Quicken, and to help Intuit Inc. find the cause.
Problem Sources of Quicken Error 0L-249
Most Quicken Error 0L-249 problems stem from a missing or corrupt Quicken Error 0L-249, virus infection, or invalid Windows registry entries associated with Quicken.
In particular, Quicken Error 0L-249 problems originate through:
- Quicken Error 0L-249 registry keys invalid / corrupted.
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the Quicken Error 0L-249 file or related Quicken program files.
- Quicken Error 0L-249 maliciously deleted (or mistakenly) by different rogue or valid program.
- A different application in conflict with Quicken Error 0L-249, or other shared references.
- Quicken / Quicken Error 0L-249 corrupt from incomplete download or install.