This article features error number Code OL-290, commonly known as Quicken Error Code Ol-290 described as Error OL-290: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quicken Error Code Ol-290
Error number: Error OL-290
Description: Error OL-290: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try this first: Click here to fix Quicken errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error OL-290
Runtime Error OL-290 happens when Quicken fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Error code – An error code is a value returned to provide context on why an error occurred
- Ol – Used for ordered and unordered lists and their list items in HTML, and also any list styles applied to them.
Symptoms of Code OL-290 – Quicken Error Code Ol-290
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Quicken is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quicken Error Code Ol-290 – Error OL-290
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.
Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote0down vote When you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down vote Using Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.
Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.
How To Solve Quicken quicken error code ol 290
Fixing Common Quicken Error Message Ol-290: Things You Need To Do. There are specific errors that you will come across when utilizing your computer. Jun 8, 2016 – To start please see this article: This provides a.
If you’ve read money blogs over the past five years, you’ve heard about Personal Capital. Personal Capital is a free money-tracking tool with a beautiful interface and — gasp — no advertising.
(One of my big complains about Mint is that it shoves ads in your face.) Many of my friends and colleagues promote the hell out of Personal Capital because the company pays good money when people sign up. (And yes, links to Personal Capital in this review absolutely put money in my pocket. But any Personal Capital link you see anywhere on the web puts money in somebody’s pocket.) I sometimes wonder, though, if any of my pals actually uses Personal Capital, you know? All of their reviews are glowing. While I like Personal Capital, I’ve been frustrated by the app in the past. Even today, I find that it’s not as useful as I’d like. What are my issues with Personal Capital? Cacc2017 app for mac.
For a long time, I was frustrated trying to get Personal Capital to connect to my accounts. It still won’t connect to my credit union, but that’s fine. I can enter my balance manually.
It was frustrating, though, that for years I couldn’t get Personal Capital to connect to my Fidelity investment accounts. They work nowbut I’m always worried that they won’t. The app still won’t connect to my Capital One credit card — and hasn’t for over a year, which I find mind-blowing. Personal Capital, as an app, isn’t robust enough to replace something like Quicken or You Need a Budget. The latter tools allow you to track and manage your money on a transaction by transaction level. Okay, maybe you can track your transactions, but you can’t do anything meaningful with them, the same way you could with Quicken or YNAB. The phone calls!
My god, the phone calls! Here’s a not-so-secret secret: The Personal Capital app — while beautiful and useful — is actually bait. Its aim is to attract high net-worth users to connect their accounts. When they do, Personal Capital (the company) begins a phone campaign in an attempt to recruit the users as clients. Personal Capital isn’t actually an app company; it’s a wealth-management company. They want people with lots of money to sign up.
(I can’t comment on whether this is a good deal or not. I don’t want a financial advisor. I ignore all of the calls from Personal Capital.) Personal Capital has pretty reports, but there aren’t enough of them. My copy of Quicken 2007 — ugly as it is — has 23 different reports and 10 different graphs. (Plus, you can customize many more.) Personal Capital has maybenine ways to look at your money? (I can’t tell for sure.) The security is over the top.
I suppose I should be happy about this, but I’m not. It feels like I’m constantly having to verify my identity via email or text message. Some of my other accounts make me do this occasionally, but it feels like Personal Capital does this multiple times per week. That’s crazy! Now, these complaints aside, here’s a confession: I’ve been using the Personal Capital app for 5+ years. I can’t remember when I started, but I do remember being cranky because a Personal Capital rep didn’t know who I was at Fincon 2013 in St. “I use your app,” I told him.
“And I have a big blog.” (I wince now at the thought of my arrogance.) Despite the drawbacks, there must be something to it. Today — using my current financial situation — let’s look at the pros and cons of Personal Capital. Quicken 2007 vs. Personal Capital As regular readers know, I’m an old fogey. My money management tool of choice is an antiquated copy of Quicken for Mac 2007.
Resolve Quicken Error OL-221-B
While opening the Quicken software, you may face the Quicken Error OL-221-B. It indicates that it is a run-time error. It occurs when the software crashes. Also, multiple applications running at the same time may lead to this error. To overcome this, there are multiple of methods to fix it.
This error may arise because of many reasons, let’s first try to find out the signs of the Quicken error.
Signs of Quicken Error OL-221-B
If you are getting any of these signs, then it means you are facing OL-221-B Quicken error:
- Your active program window crashes when OL-221-B Quicken error appears on your system.
- The system crashes if you are running the same program.
- Windows gives a sluggish response.
- Your PC get freezes for a few seconds.
Causes of Error Code OL-221-B
You need to understand the different causes to deal with this error as every cause can give a better understanding of the method that can potentially solve it”
- It might be possible that Quicken Error Code OL-221-B is occurring due to the incomplete installation of the software.
- The error may occur when your Quicken related files get deleted mistakenly.
- The chances of OL-221-B Quicken error increases due to the corrupted Windows registry.
- When Windows system files or Quicken-related program files are infected with malware and virus threats.
Methods to Troubleshoot Error OL-221-B
Now, we are going to introduce the troubleshooting techniques that will fix the OL-221-B Quicken error. You need to follow these methods step by step:
Method 1-Close Conflicting Programs
- Initially, you need to open the task manager by clicking on ctrl-alt-del at the same time.
- Thereafter, you have to go to the processes tab and then click on stop the programs. With this, click on the end process button.
- Next, you need to check if the error message is reoccurring each time after stopping a process.
Method 2- Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Using Control Panel
- In the beginning, for Windows 7, you have to click on the start button. You need to click on the control panel and then uninstall a program.
- Now, for Windows 8, you have to click on the start button. With this, click on more settings.
- Next, you need to click on control panel and then uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, you need to type a control panel in the search box and then click on the result.
- You need to click on the uninstall a program.
- You have to click on the problem program and then click on update or uninstall.
- Finally, in case if you are clicking on the update, you need to follow the instructions to complete the process. On the other hand, in case you click on the uninstall option, you have to follow the instructions to uninstall and then re-download. You can also use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- First, for Windows 7, you need to click on start. You need to uninstall the installed program using utilities.
- Now, for Windows 10, you have to click on start and then settings. With this, you need to click on apps.
- Lastly, you need to click on the Program which is causing the runtime error. Now, you need to click on uninstall to reset the application.
Also Read: How to Fix Quicken Error OL-332-A?
Method 3 – Update Virus Protection Program or Download and Install the Latest Windows Update
You need to update your virus program on your system. With this, you need to run a Windows update.
Method 4 – Reinstall Runtime Libraries
- Firstly, you need to uninstall the package. You have to click Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Now, you need to click on uninstall and then reboot your computer.
- In the end, download the up-to-date redistributable package and install it.
Method 5 – Run Disk Cleanup
- First, you need to create a backup of your files.
- Next, you have to clear your cache and reboot your system.
- Now, you need to run a Disk Cleanup. Open your explorer window and then click on the main directory.
- Finally, you have to click on properties and then click on disk cleanup.
Method 6 – Reinstall Your Graphics Driver
- Firstly, you need to open the device manager.
- Next, you have to locate the graphics driver.
- Right click on the video card driver.
- Select uninstall and then restart your computer.
Method 7 – IE related Runtime Error
Reset your Browser
- First, for Windows 7 you need to click on Start. You have to go to the control panel. With this, click on internet options.
- Next, you have to click on the advanced tab and then on the reset button.
- Now, for Windows 8 and 10, you need to click on search and then type Internet Options. You have to go to the advanced tab and then click on reset.
Disable the Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- You have to go to the advanced tab and then search for disable script debugging.
- Next, you need to select the radio button.
- Finally, you need to uncheck the Display a Notification about every scrip error item. With this, click on apply and then click ok. Now, you have to reboot your PC.
We have covered the causes of the Quicken error OL-221-B steps. Also, the blog has given the various methods of troubleshooting like close conflicting programs, update/reinstall conflicting programs, update virus protection program, re-install runtime libraries, run disk cleanup, reinstall graphics driver, and IE related runtime error.
How to Resolve Quicken Error Code ol 290?
Quicken Error Code OL 290 can happen any time when there is a problem related to its crash while running. During the software design, the programmers generally anticipate the occurrence of this error anytime because of its nature.
To make the transactions possible to download, the financial institutions allow separately formatted Quicken files to download to avail the summary of the transaction. Sometimes the user is not able to download the same and the main reason behind in majority of the cases. Don’t Worry…!!! This is just an error and can be resolved easily with the help of basic system configuration changes and by doing some setting change in the Software.
But, before going further, the user must need to understand the reasons behind that how Quicken Error OL 290 arises. The reasons can be many as mentioned below —
- There is a high chance that you may be successful while logging in to the Bank’s website,
- still receive the error in Quicken as the file you are receiving from the bank’s end is facing issues in sending.
- A temporary server downtime crash or issue in the bank’s or financial institution’s website.
- Incorrect or not Up To Date login credentials to the bank’s account. Password requires to be changed.
- The online net banking services are prompt incorrectly.
The ERROR Information is presented below
- Name – Quicken Error Code OL 290
- Number – Error OL 290
- Description of ERROR – Quicken has encountered the problem and need to be close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Software – Quicken
Methods to Fix Quicken Error Code ol 290
One of the best possible ways to make your Quicken Software work again and load properly is by Update or Re-Install Quicken Program. Maybe the Quicken Software that you are using is not up to date and requires updating and re – installation.
Another possible way can be closing of all the conflicting programs that might be creating the Quicken Error 290. Mainly a Run time Error arises in this form where conflicting programs are running simultaneously in the system background. Here you need to open the task manager by clicking the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time. This will allow the user to see the current list of running programs in the system. Now you need to pause the programs one by one and observe that after the closure of which program, the Quicken Software is working properly. Close the one who is creating the error and start working again on the Quicken Software.
One more method that can also be feasible here is updating the PC Operating System such as Windows. Download the update the Windows to the latest windows software. The downloads must be executed from the official window’s site only. This will allow all the other programs associated with getting updated simultaneously and then re-install all the updates in the system. Similar steps can be followed by the MAC users also. By doing this, the problem of Quicken Error Code OL 290 will be solved easily.
The user can also update and re-install the virus protection software and programs in the PC. There might be a huge chance that the current virus protection settings are creating a sort of firewall in the system.Thus stopping the Quicken software to work properly resulting in Quicken Error Code OL 290. The virus protection causing such runtime errors must be stopped, terminated, deleted, etc. immediately.
The one basic thing that the user can do with the software initially when the Quicken Error Code OL 290 appears. Quicken vault, the Quicken Software provides the user an opportunity to change his password in the event of password forgot.
Refreshing the online Quicken Account information can also be a very good step the user can take in order to make his / her Quicken Software work again properly error-free. The user needs to re-check the account information once and in case he finds anything that needs to be updated, then he must do so. This can be performed at the same time when the user is updating the Quicken Software other login credentials.
If Still the Issue Persists
Quicken Error Code OL 290 issue still persists then call our quicken support number. By our quicken expert resolve quicken error code ol-290 easily.