QuickBooks is a versatile tool that has been created to operate numerous business operations such as accounting, tax filing, bookkeeping, and payroll. The Tax 1099.com QuickBooks Desktop plugin didn’t update automatically with the latest QuickBooks version, 1.5.2, as in November 2016 and the version have helped many new versions to flourish.
In today’s informative article, we are going to discuss ‘how to install/ uninstall the plug-in on the QuickBooks Desktop?’.
Anyone with the older version and it also gets installed which makes complete with the steps below to uninstall with the old version and also install the new one. The subsequent updates loads automatically and with the new version of the plug-in.
The plug-in works with the versions as far as 2010 along with QuickBooks 1099 Wizard which is called completing the process. Also up to the year 2015, 2016, and 2017 with accountant and enterprise along with no newer versions.
NOTE: If you’re QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or just through a hosting company. You may also need to see your IT person. The process can also host a company. Or you can directly get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team immediately..!
How to Install/Uninstall the plugins QuickBooks Desktop?
The following steps will help you to understand the process for installing/uninstalling the plugin on QuickBooks desktop.
Verify Version of Plug in:
- At first, in the QuickBooks Desktop go to the “Menu” tab => Click on the “Vendors” tab => “com E-FILE” => “About” tab.
- If Version 1.5.2 is shown. You have the latest version and it does not need to reinstall.
Uninstall the plugins:
- At first, open the desktop and go to the “Add/ Remove Program” option or “Apps & Features” page.
- You can see it by moving to the “Home” page => “Settings” tab => “Apps & Features” in the Windows.
- After that, search the program or app named with ‘QB Plug-in’ and ‘QBFC Plugin’.
- Then, click or right-click on the program/ app named ‘QB Plugin’ & ‘QBFC Plugin’ and then select the “Uninstall” option.
- After that, confirm that you want to uninstall the program/app in the pop-up window.
- When uninstalling complete, you will receive a message. The program/ app have got uninstalled.
Download the Plugin and Install the Plugin:
- At first, one needs to deactivate the antivirus/ firewall system which temporarily while downloading.
- After that, one could sign into the TAX1099.com.
- After that, go to the “Import” tab => “QuickBooks Desktop” icon on the left “Menu” tab.
- Then, click on the “QuickBooks Desktop Plugin” icon.
- After that, use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plug-in and the executable (.exe) file that will install the plug-in.
Install the Plugin:
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop application that you have open before installing.
- After that, disable with the ‘Antivirus/Network firewall program’ while installing the plug-in.
- Then, extract/unzip the files that you have downloaded.
- After that, double-click the .exe file to install the plug-in, if you have Windows 7 or Vista operating systems, you will need to right-click the .exe file & use the “Run as administrator”.
- On the certificate pop up, choose the 3rd option (Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open) and check the box which is next to “Allow” icon, this application to access personal data…!
- That completes the installation of the plug-in.
- Activate the antivirus/network firewall.
Hope that we endow you complete insight of the topic ‘how to uninstall and install the plug-in on QuickBooks Desktop’ has been resolved. For more information, you call us to our QuickBooks online support team at +1-888-300-3913.
Thanks for visit us. Your always welcome on our website. We regularly shares blogs, ideas and latest news about the accounting and bookkeeping related issues and their fixation.
Uninstall/install the Plugin in QuickBooks Desktop
In today’s article we will talk about how to uninstall and install the plugin in QuickBooks Desktop. The QuickBooks Desktop plugin didn’t update plugin automatically.
If anyone with the older version installed should complete the steps below to uninstall the older version and then install the new version. Subsequent updates will load automatically with the new update of the plugin.
Our plugin works with versions as far back as 2010 and up to 2015, 2015, 2017 software version.
Note: If your QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or through a hosting company, you may need to see your IT person or hosting company to complete these processes
Read more: QuickBooks 1099 wizard
How to install/uninstall the plugin in QuickBooks Desktop
Verify Version of Plugin
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop main menu, after that click on vendors and the com E-File and then about.
- If your Plugin version 1.5.2 is display then you have to update the latest version and don’t need to reinstall.
Uninstall the plugin
- Go to navigate to your desktop add/remove program or apps and features page.
- You can see this by going to home and then settings and then apps and then features in windows.
- Search the program or app named QuickBooks Plugin and QBFC Plugin.
- Right click on the program or app named QuickBooks Plugin and QBFC Plugin and then select uninstall.
- After that, confirm that you like to uninstall the application in the pop-up window.
- When you uninstall your plugin then you will receive a pop-up that the application has been uninstalled.
Download the Plugin
- Before downloading the plugin, you have to deactivate the antivirus or firewall system temporarily.
- Log in to Tax1099.com.
- Choose navigate to import and then go to QuickBooks Desktop on the left menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Plugin.
- Use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plugin and the .exe file that will install the plugin.
Install the Plugin
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop program that you have open before installing.
- Disable the antivirus or network firewall program while installing the plugin.
- Extract or unzip the files you download.
- Double click the .exe file to install the plugin. If you are using windows 7 or vista windows, then you will need to right click the .exe file and use “Run as administrator to install the plugin.
- Right Click the QuickBooks and select Run as administrator.
- On the certificate pop-up choose the 3rdoption and check the box next to allow this application to access personal data.
- When the installation of plugin complete then activate the antivirus or network firewall.
Install and uninstall add-ons for QuickBooks Time
Add-ons, including third-party integrations such as QuickBooks, extend QuickBooks Time functionality. And, most of them are free!
- To install an add-on, in the QuickBooks Time left menu, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons, locate the add-on in the list, and select Install.
- To uninstall an add-on, in the QuickBooks Time left menu, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons, locate the add-on in the list, and select Uninstall.
Currently, QuickBooks Time add-ons include:
- ADP Run: Import time to ADP Run with a single click.
- Custom Fields: Creates the ideal timesheet for your organization by adding custom fields.
- API: Connects your application to QuickBooks Time using the QuickBooks Time API (Application Programming Interface). (See our API Documentation for more help.)
- Approvals: Sets up team members to submit timesheets weekly and managers to approve them. This feature also allows administrators to set submission and approval notifications and reminders.
- Breaks: Allows your team members to track paid and unpaid breaks throughout the day.
- Gusto: Enables export of timesheets from QuickBooks Time to Gusto.
- Invoicing: Creates invoices from your collected QuickBooks Time time.
- Kiosk: Authorize any internet-connected device as a kiosk to allow multiple team members to quickly clock in and out from one device.
- Mobile App Integrations: Sets up triggers that will perform actions in other mobile apps such as Flint and ActiveHours.
- Namely: Install this add-on to download timesheet data into an .xlsx file for easy upload into Namely.
- Overtime Alerts: Enables administrators and/or managers to receive alerts when team members are on the clock past daily or weekly hour limits.
- QuickBooks Desktop Integration: Exports timesheets to QuickBooks Desktop for Windows and synchronizes users, customers, jobs, and service items.
- QuickBooks Online Integration: Exports timesheets to QuickBooks and synchronizes users, customers, jobs, and service items.
- Schedule: Enables flexible employee scheduling with reminders.
- Sounds: Makes sounds play whenever certain events occur, such as clocking in or out.
- Square: Integrates QuickBooks Time with Square to keep team members and their timesheets in sync.
- Time Card Selector: Allows administrators to select which time entry tools are enabled for your company, and which one opens at sign in.
- Timesheet Rounding: Enables rounding of timesheet clock-in and clock-out times.
How to Uninstall QuickBooks & Unregister Modules
If your business has been using Intuit’s QuickBooks accounting software and you’ve decided for one reason or another to remove the program, a straight uninstall seems like a simple procedure. But if you’ve decided you want a completely clean uninstall, including any modules left behind in the computer’s Registry, you’ll need to take a few extra steps. You’ll also need some extra software in order to completely expunge Quickbooks from the Registry.
Click Start and select “Control Panel.”
Click “Uninstall a Program” from the “Programs” heading.
Select “QuickBooks” from the list of programs and click “Uninstall.” Follow all on-screen instructions in the uninstall wizard.
Select “QuickBooks Product Listing” from the programs list and click “Uninstall.” Follow all on-screen instructions for the uninstall wizard.
Navigate to and delete the following folders using Windows Explorer, replacing any instances of “current username” with the name of the user account you’re logged into:
C:\Program Data\Intuit C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit C:\Users\”current username”\AppData\Local\Intuit C:\Program Files\Intuit C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
If Quickbooks stores data for multiple users, you’ll have to also delete the individual “Intuit” folders for each user account on the computer.
Download and install a Registry cleaning utility such as CCleaner, JetClean or Wise Registry Cleaner.
Launch the utility and select the “Registry” option from its menu.
Select the Registry back-up feature on your utility before beginning to remove any registry locations. This is in case removing the QuickBooks Registry entries causes any issues with your computer.
Scan the system for Registry errors using the “Scan” or “Search” tool on the utility. As there are now QuickBooks Registry entries with no matching programs or processes, the QuickBooks entries should come up in the search. These can be identified by their name, which should include “Intuit” or “Quickbooks.”
Select the option to remove or fix these errors once the scan is finished.
Restart your computer if prompted.
Completely Uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop from Computer
Do you want to uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop completely from the computer? Do you receive strange errors when uninstalling QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop? Do you fail to install the updated version or other program after uninstalling QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop? Many computer users can not completely uninstall the program for one reason or another. If some files and components of the program are still left in the system, that means the program is not completely removed and uninstalled. Those leftovers will slow down your computer and stuff your system with invalid files as well as result in many problems for your life, such as strange error popups and unable to install other programs. There are many methods to uninstall the program, please see below:
Manually Uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop with Windows Add/ Remove Programs
Windows Add/ Remove Programs offers users a way to uninstall the program and every Operating System has Add/ Remove Programs feature.
* Click Start menu and run Control Panel.
* Locate QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop and click Change/ Remove to uninstall the program.
* Follow the uninstall wizard and uninstall the program.
Manually Uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop with Build-in Uninstaller
Most computer programs are installed with its build-in uninstaller that can also help uninstall the program.
* Click Start menu and move your mouse to All Programs.
* Find QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop folder and click on its Uninstaller.
* Follow its uninstaller and uninstall the program.
To run its uninstaller, you can also
* Go to the folder where the program is installed.
* Locate its uninstaller usually named as unins000.exe or uninstall.exe
* Double click on its uninstaller and follow it to uninstall the program.
Please know that both of Windows Add/ Remove Programs and its build-in uninstaller can only uninstall the main executable files of the program, but not all program files and components. Some invalid files may be left in system registry and folders. To completely remove QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop, you need to get rid of those remnants, otherwise, it will slow down your PC and block you installing other incompatible programs.
To thoroughly delete its files, please follow the steps:
* Run Registry Editor
* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui
* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
Video Guide: How to edit registryhttp://www.youtube.com/embed/PXw4NfWaMeY?feature=player_detailpage
Note: We only recommend advanced computer users to manually edit registry and remove QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop, because deleting any single registry entry by mistake will lead to severe problem or even system crash.
A Better Way to Uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop with Added Benefits
There is a much easier and safer way to uninstall QuickBooks Plug In for Google Desktop completely. A third party uninstaller can automatically help you uninstall any unwanted programs and completely remove all of its files and free up your hard disk space. Especially when users can not find the program in Add/ Remove Programs or its build-in uninstaller, a third party uninstaller can save your much time and frustration.