QuickBooks being an all-rounding software offers numerous features to simplify your daily business work. Sometimes, errors occur and crash QuickBooks, affecting your work and time. QuickBooks Error Code C=51 is one of them, it indicates that QuickBooks has failed to find the TxList. Moreover, this error also occurs when you attempt to eliminate transactions from a report.
In this article, we will illustrate the reasons behind “C = 51 QuickBooks Error”. Further, we will specify the requirements you need to fix the issue and different methods to help you solve it instantly.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
There are multiple reasons behind Error Code C=51, some of them are listed below:
- Issues with QuickBooks verification.
- QuickBooks rebuild error.
- Errors while updating QuickBooks.
- Company files are damaged.
- Corrupted QuickBooks database.
Specifications for QuickBooks Error Code C=51 Troubleshooting
In order to fix QB Error C=51, there are some important things you need to solve the error easily:
- The Transaction Log file (.TLG- will be found in the corrupted folder having QBW)
- Corrupted .QBW file.
- Previous backup of QuickBooks Data file (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM)
How can you Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
You have to update QuickBooks to the latest release in order to get rid of “QuickBooks Error Code C=51”.
- The first thing is to close all the tabs in QuickBooks.
- Now, shut down QuickBooks.
- After that, you have to reopen QuickBooks and perform the same work for which you received “QuickBooks Error C 51”.
- You need to rebuild the data in a proper format.
While restoring the back files, it is recommended to use the latest QuickBooks version.
- After restoring the backup files, you need to press Ctrl + C and move them in a new folder.
- After the backup is made, verify the file size as it should be more than 6MB.
- Now, make a right-click on the file and choose Properties.
- If the backup file is less than 6MB then it is the incorrect backup file.
- You need to make a backup file again.
- First of all, download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, you need to check the files having this error.
- Lastly, use the tool and see if the problem still exists.
The above steps should be followed in the correct order so that “QuickBooks Error Code C=51” can be solved efficiently. If the problem doesn’t get resolved or you face any technical issue then do not hesitate to reach us at QuickBooks Error Customer Support Number +1-888-300-3913 .
How to Repair QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Learn how to tackle out QuickBooks error code C=51 like a Pro
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code C=51 and didn’t know what to do? Need not to worry anymore, this article can be an ideal solution for you. When the user is unable to find out the TxList, this is when the error code C=51 appears on the screen to warn the user. Furthermore, this kind of error is also seen in the cases when the user attempts to eliminate the transactions from the report.
This article is purely based on the facts related to the QuickBooks Error code C=51, which includes the causes, requirements, and the troubleshooting steps. So, if you are looking for an ideal solution that would help you to get rid of this annoying error, then read the article till the end and explore further. Else, you can also pick up your phone give a ring to +1-888-300-3913, and talk to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team. With years of expertise and experience in handling the issues associated with QuickBooks, our team members will provide you with round the clock assistance that too in a single call.
What is QuickBooks error code C=51?
Before exploring the facts related to this error code, it would be sane enough to get a brief insight into what this error means. QuickBooks error code C=51 is the error that arises on the screen when the user is unable to look for the TxList file. The error message might appear on the screen stating “unable to find the TxList“. This type of error can also be encountered when the user is trying to remove the transaction from any report.
What are the requirements for troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code C=51?
Before jumping on the solution, it would be better to first check out the requirements for carrying out the troubleshooting process. There are three essential things that might be required, in order to rectify the QuickBooks error code C=51. The three of the requirements are as follows:
- The very first requirement can be the transaction log file (.TLG – in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Another point in the essentials list is the corrupted QuickBooks data file (.QBW)
- And lastly, any older backup of the QuickBooks data file might also be required (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Root causes of the QuickBooks error C=51
Well, knowing the causes of the error can be really helpful in dealing with the same. Thus, check out some of the most common causes of the QuickBooks error code C=51.
- The very first cause can be any kind of damage to the media, such as backups made on the bad floppy disks.
- Another cause can be the problems with the QuickBooks verification.
- This kind of error can be caused due to damaged file.
- Also, an error such as QuickBooks rebuild error and upgrading error may also lead to QuickBooks Error C=51.
- If your QuickBooks database server is damaged or corrupted, then you might face this error.
FIX QuickBooks Error Code C=51 without any hassle
Now that you have explored the causes as well as the requirements for resolving the QuickBooks database error C=51, it is time to find out the most effective and relevant solution to the error. There can be more than one solution to this error. We will be discussing each of the solutions along with the steps involved, one by one.
Method #1: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
The first method that we are going to discuss is the most basic method. This type of error can be resolved by updating the QuickBooks to the latest version. Therefore, upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version and check whether this resolves your issue. In case the issue persists, move to the next method.
Method #2: Rebuild the data
- In this method, the very first step is to close all tabs in the QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is required to shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Now the next step to be followed is to reopen the QuickBooks and then perform the same work that you were doing at the time when you encountered the error.
- The last step is that the user is required to rebuild the data in a proper format.
Method #3: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
Using QuickBooks file doctor tool can also be helpful in getting rid of the Error code C=51.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Then, check out the erroneous files.
- And lastly, use the tool, and you are good to go.
Method #4: Restore the backup
- Restore the backup files.
- After restoring the QuickBooks files, the user is required to press Ctrl+ C keys, followed by moving them to a new folder.
- Now right-click the file and select Properties.
- In case the backup file is less than 6MB, then it should be noted that the backup file is incorrect.
- And in such cases, the user is required to make a backup file once again.
At times, the user might encounter this error code due to network connectivity problems, while the system undergoes the downloading process. The network connectivity issue might prevent the transactions from getting downloaded. Thus, the user is recommended to check the internet connection, before starting with the downloading process.
The QuickBooks Audit trail report contains the accidentally deleted or altered transactions. The user can restore the transactions by re-entering the information. To open the report, the steps involved are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to open the reports menu.
- And then, select the accountant and taxes option, followed by clicking on the Audit trail option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to restore the transactions that are lost due to any technical bug.
If you are facing such kind of error, then you can carry out any of the above methods. We expect that with the help of this article, the QB users might have a clear view to tackle the QuickBooks data error C=51. If in case none of the methods work in your favor, then it is recommended to seek for professional assistance, in order to avoid any kind of a further mess.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error C=51
QuickBooks is a remarkable accounting software that has marked its presence in the recent few years. Despite of the features that this software caters, there are certain errors that the QB users could stumble upon. One such error is QuickBooks error code C=51. In today’s post, we are going to discuss about this error and other facts associated with it. QuickBooks error code C=51 appears on the screen to warn the user when QuickBooks cannot find TxList. Also, this error code appears when the user tries to eliminate the transactions from a report. The user ends up in this sort of error while working on transactions in the QuickBooks company file (.qbw). If you are also facing any such error, then reading this article ahead can help you.
Moreover, if you have any query, or for any further information, give us a call right away at +1-888-300-3913. Our experts and certified QuickBooks enterprise technical support team will be happy to assist you.
What is QuickBooks error code C=51?
QuickBooks error code C=51 basically indicates that the QuickBooks software is unable to find the TxList. This error could be seen when the user tries to remove the txList from the list of txLists, but unable to spot it. It may also be seen when the user tries to remove a transaction from any report. When the user faces this type of issue, the user needs to shut down this application. Closing all windows including QuickBooks and then reboot it again. The user will also have to repeat the action in which the C=51 error occurred.
Triggers to the QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Learning the triggers of the QuickBooks error code C=51 makes it easy for the users to tackle the issue. The triggers to the error are listed below, let us have a look:
- Any kind of issues with QuickBooks verification
- Or QuickBooks rebuild error
- In case the company files are damaged
- Also, if the QuickBooks database is corrupted or damaged
- Or if there are issues with updating QuickBooks
Specifications for QuickBooks error code C=51
For tackling the issue, the user is required to check out the requirements for carrying out the troubleshooting process. There are three essentials that the user can’t afford to miss, in order to rectify the QuickBooks error code C=51. The three of requirements are as follows:
- The basic requirement is that the transaction log file (.TLG- in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Also, the user could take a note if the QuickBooks data file is corrupted (.QBW)
- And the last essential is that any older backup of the QuickBooks data file is a must (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Quick fix to try resolving QuickBooks error code C=51
When the QuickBooks error code C=51 appears, the user might face issue with the working of the QuickBooks software. This error might also delete the important data files, which indicates the importance of creating a backup of the file. Below are some quick fixing steps, that you can try before jumping onto the main solutions:
- The user can turn off the QuickBooks desktop, when facing the issue
- And can also terminate all the running windows within QuickBooks desktop
- After that, reboot the QuickBooks software
- And repeat the action in which the error appeared
Similar article: What are the methods to fix QuickBooks error 15215?
Techniques to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Now that you know the requirements as well as other related information, it is time to learn the techniques to fix the error. The methods involved to fix the QuickBooks error c=51 are as follows:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
The basic method is to update QuickBooks to the latest version. The user needs to upgrade the software to the latest version and check if the error is fixed. Many times, QuickBooks version leads to certain issues, and the user is recommended to opt for this method and try to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Close all the QuickBooks processes
- In this particular method, the user needs to close all tabs in QuickBooks
- And then, the user is supposed to shut down all the QuickBooks related files using task manager
- Also, reopen the QuickBooks and then carry out the same work where the error occurred
- And lastly, the user needs to rebuild the data in a proper format
Method 3: Verifying and rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop
Step 1: Steps to Verify data
Running the verify data utility method will help the user to identify the most commonly encountered issue within the QuickBooks company file. Also, running the rebuild data utility will help the user to fix the data integrity issues. The user can run the verify data utility by carrying out the steps below:
- To begin with, the user needs to click on the file menu and then utilities and verify data option is to be selected
- And then when the message “QuickBooks detected no problems with the data” appears, no further action is needed
- Or else, if you get “Your data has lost integrity” message, then it indicates that there is a data damage in QuickBooks company file
- After the user is able to spot the data damage in the file, it is important to run the rebuild data to fix the error.
You may see also: How to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Step 2: Steps to rebuild data
- For rebuilding data, the user needs to click on file and utilities tab. Also, select the rebuild data option
- After that, click OK button when asked to back-up the company file
- The next step is to select the location where you wish to save the backup and then hit OK
- When the user gets the message “Rebuild has completed” and then hit OK.
After that run the verify data utility again to check for data damage. In case the error is still detected, then look for an expert assistance.
Method 4: Using the QuickBooks file doctor tool
The user can make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool in order fix the error. This tool can be used through the QuickBooks Tools hub or can be downloaded directly from the website of Intuit. The user needs to run this tool and it will diagnose and fix the error automatically. The user will have to follow the steps below:
- First of all, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Look for the QuickBooks file doctor tool and install the software
- And then check out the files that are creating an issue
- After that use the tool and try to fix the error
Method 5: Restoring the backup files
- After the backup files are restored, the user needs to hit Ctrl + C and then move them in a new folder
- The next step is to verify the file size, and ensure that it meets the limit i.e. 6MB
- Also, the user needs to right click on the file and hit properties
- In case the backup file is less than 6 MB then it is the wrong backup file
- And the user might need to make a backup file again.
Method 6: Check Network connectivity
Many times, the error could be seen due to network connectivity issues, while the system undergoes the downloading process. This might prevent the transactions from getting downloaded. The user should check the internet connection, before beginning with the downloading process.
Solution 7: Try to access the lost or deleted transactions
The user might not be able to find a transaction or list of transactions that might have become inaccessible or got deleted mistaken from the QuickBooks company file. In order to restore those deleted or altered transactions, the below steps would definitely work:
Accidentally deleted or altered transaction might be visible in QuickBooks audit trail report. The user can restore those transactions by re-entering the information. It should be noted that the audit trail report shows all the transactions that have been entered in that particular company files, along with the deleted ones. This even helps the user in displaying any historical changes made on the transactions. For opening the report, the below steps should be carried out:
- The user is first supposed to open the Reports menu
- And then choose the Accountant and Taxes, along with that click on Audit trail
- Now, restore the transactions that are lost as a consequence of a technical glitch.
Many times, the transactions can be lost or might not be accessed, due to various technical snags. If the same situation arises, then the user can try to restore the lost transactions, along with its data, by using QuickBooks backup file with (.QBB) extension.
This drives us towards the end of this post, where we expect that the information scribbled above might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks error code C=51. There can be a situation when none of the above methods worked for you, then in that case we recommend you to contact our QuickBooks desktop support team at +1-888-300-3913.
Our experts and certified accounting professionals will help you in dealing with the QuickBooks error code C=51. Feel free to call us anytime.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Summary: This blog discusses the possible causes behind ‘QuickBooks error code C=51’, along with their solutions. These solutions comprise checking Internet connection, restoring lost or deleted transactions using QB backup file, and running ‘verify and rebuild’ utility. It also discusses how using a specialized QuickBooks® repair tool can help when all the manual solution fails to recover transactions in QuickBooks company file.
QuickBooks users often report about receiving ‘error notification C=51: can’t find txList’. You may receive this error message while working on transactions in your QuickBooks company file (.qbw).
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
When working in a QuickBooks company file, you may get error C=51. It usually happens when you cannot find txList from the lists of txLists or while removing a transaction from any report.
|Tip: ‘QuickBooks error C=51’ and other errors can result in lost or deleted transactions. Try using Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software to recover payroll transactions and other components of QuickBooks® Company File in a few simple clicks.|
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Some plausible causes that may result in QuickBooks Error Code C=51 are:
NOTE: Before looking at the following causes and solutions to fix QuickBooks Error C=51, try to fix the error by simply closing all the running applications, transaction reports, and QuickBooks Desktop program. Restart QuickBooks and perform the same action that resulted in ‘QuickBooks Error C=51’. This may help fix the issue. If the problem still persists, continue reading the post.
Cause 1 – Interrupted Connection
Problem with network connectivity during the downloading process may have prevented some transactions from getting downloaded. And as a result, you might not be able to find the transactions, resulting in error C=51.
Solution – Check your Internet connectivity
Before downloading transactions in your QBW file, make sure that have you a strong Internet connection.
Cause 2 – Attempting to access Lost or Deleted Transactions
You may not be able to find a transaction or list of transactions that have become inaccessible or got accidentally deleted from your QuickBooks company file.
Solution – You can try to restore lost or deleted transactions
- Restoring accidentally deleted or altered transactions
Accidentally deleted or altered transactions may appear in the QuickBooks Audit Trail Report. You can restore those transactions by re-entering the information. The Audit Trail Report shows all transactions that have been entered in your company file, including the deleted ones. It even helps display any historical changes made on transactions. To open the report, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Reports menu
Step 2: Select Accountant & Taxes, and then click Audit Trail.
- Restoring transactions that are lost due to a technical glitch
Sometimes, transactions can become inaccessible or lost, because of a technical glitch. In that case, you may try restoring the lost transactions and its data, by using QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) file.
NOTE: Make sure that the backup file is up to date.
Cause 3 – Data Damage
You may receive error code C=51 while trying to find or remove a damaged transaction from your QuickBooks company file. Essentially, the error might occur when the data within your transaction is damaged.
Solution – Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop
Running the ‘Verify Data’ utility helps identify the most commonly encountered data issues within a QuickBooks company file. And, running the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility helps fix the data integrity issues that the Verify Data utility finds.
Follow these steps to run the ‘Verify Data’ utility:
Step 1: Click File -> Utilities -> Verify Data
Step 2: If you receive a message that reads: “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” no further action is required.
But, “Your data has lost integrity,” message indicates there is data damage in your company file.
Now, once you have found data damage in the file, you need to run ‘Rebuild Data’ to fix the issue.
NOTE: It is recommended that Assisted Payroll customers must contact an Assisted Payroll agent before running Rebuild Data.
Steps to Rebuild Data:
Step 1: Click File -> Utilities -> Rebuild Data
Step 2: When prompted to back up your company file, click OK.
Step 3: Choose the location where you want to save your backup, and press OK.
Step 4: When you get the message “Rebuild has completed”, click OK.
Now, run the ‘Verify Data’ utility again to check for data damage. If it still detects any data damage in the company file, you may consider using a professional QuickBooks repair software instead.
By using Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software you can easily recover transactions in original currencies of the company file in just three simple steps. The software also provides a free preview of all the recoverable items before running the repair process. Plus, it can be used for the QuickBooks 2020 and earlier editions.
In this post, we discussed the possible causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error Code C=51.
Interrupted network connection, attempting to access lost/deleted transactions and damaged transactions are some of the plausible causes resulting in error C=51. To fix the error, make sure to build and maintain a strong network connection. If the error persists, try to access the lost/deleted transactions from the QuickBooks Audit Trail report. If the error still occurs, try running the QuickBooks ‘Verify and Rebuild Data’ utility.
Sometimes, QuickBooks rebuild utility might fail to resolve the error. Also, the utility can leave a company file in an inconsistent and damaged state. In such a case, a QuickBooks repair software such as Stellar Repair for QuickBooks software can come in handy.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Here is how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51 in four simple ways
Accounting applications are the backbone of any company. Not only it helps in the management of assets and liabilities but also it is essential to keep track of all the expenses of the organization. QuickBooks desktop is one of the most popular accounting software used by small and medium-sized companies throughout the globe. The reason behind the vast popularity is nothing but the fact that it is simple to get used to and offers a whole lot of features that all the users appreciate.
The only issue with QuickBooks is that due to regular updates and fixes of the software, it becomes prone to error pop-ups. One of the most common errors on QB Desktop is none other than QuickBooks Error Code C=51.
So, to help QB users to self diagnose their system and to get rid of the Error, in this article we will discuss all that is related to QuickBooks Error Code C=51. We will discuss a handful of methods to fix this error so that it will be gone from your system for good. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
You may also see: Resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test results
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
The users need to understand first what the error is and then only they will be able to fix the issue. QuickBooks Error Code C=51 is an error pop up which comes on the screen whenever a user is unable to search for the TxList file. The error message which comes up on the system is ‘unable to find the TxList’. It occurs commonly when a user is trying to remove some transaction details from a report.
What are the causes behind QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
There are several causes that are behind this QB error. Some of the most common ones are mentioned below. So, if you find any of these associated with your system, make sure that you proceed with the diagnosis steps mentioned at the end of the article:
- QuickBooks is not able to verify the company files as well as the software files on the server
- If any backup file is created on an external device which is corrupted such as a bad floppy disk, then also it can be a cause of this error
- Any damaged file which is present of the system might cause this error
- In case the QB database server is damaged or corrupted in some manner, then also users might face this error
- If you are facing error such as QuickBooks Rebuild error, then also there is a chance that it will link to QuickBooks Error C=51
What are the troubleshooting requirements?
Following are some of the essential requirements that are supposed to be done before users start troubleshooting for QuickBooks error code C=51:
- Make sure that the company file is backed up in any external device which does not have any issues
- All the transaction logs and .TLG files are supposed to be in the same folder as .QBW files
- Lastly, make sure that the QB Data files with .QBW, .QBM or .QBB extensions are backed up.
Methods of fixing QuickBooks Error Code C=51
These are some of the methods that users can follow to fix this QuickBooks error code C=51. Make sure that you go through all of them as it will ensure that the system is completely diagnosed with this error:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Start with Rebooting system and Launching QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Help menu and then click on Update QuickBooks
- Here, click on the Update Now tab
- Users will have to select the Updates from the link mentioned in the columns, once the update is completed exit QuickBooks
- Reboot the system
Method 2: Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Start with visiting the official website of Intuit
- Search for the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and download the software
- Install the software and then check out the Erroneous files on the system using the File doctor tool
- Lastly, use the tool and let it complete the process
Method 3: Rebuild the data
- Start with closing all the tabs in QuickBooks
- After that Shut down the system and reboot it
- Now, open QB desktop and then under the file menu, click on Rebuild data
Method 4: Make a fresh backup file
- Start with restoring the backup file
- Once the file is restored, press CTRL + C key and then move the file to a new folder which can be found easily
- Now, right-click on this new folder and then click on Properties
- If the size of the Backup file is less than 6 MB then it is incorrect
- Create a fresh Backup file and paste it in the folder with .QBW files .
Quickbooks File Repair — Error code: C=51
If you’re having problems with your QuickBooks data file, we can fix it. Guaranteed!
Quickbooks Errors and Issues: Error code: C=51
Error: Appeared in QB 3.0 and was described as a benign error (keep going).
C=51: Described as a benign error and appeared in QB 3.0
Description: Shut Down QuickBooks, terminate all windows within QuickBooks, restart QuickBooks, and then repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received. Verify in release 7 or later; or Rebuild data.
To fix the error code “Error code: C=51” or similar error codes, click the ‘Order Now’ button below for Quickbooks Data Recovery.
QuickBooks Error Code C=51, What Is QuickBooks Error C=51, How to Fix QuickBooks C=51 Error Code ?
What Is QuickBooks Error C=51
QuickBooks Error code C = 51 indicates that QuickBooks fails to find the TxList. While trying to remove txList from list of txLists (closing the list), but we can’t find it. The error occurs while trying to remove a transaction from a report. In such scenario you must close all the reports and shut down QBW if necessary and try again.
QuickBooks Shut Down Due to Error code C=51
When error code C = 51 occurs you should shut down QuickBooks application, terminate all windows within QuickBooks and finally restart QuickBooks. You have to then repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received. Verify in QB release 7 or later; or Rebuild data.
How to Fix QuickBooks C=51 Error Code ?
To fix the QuickBooks error code : C=51 or similar error codes, click the Order Now button below for Quickbooks Data Recovery.
On attempting the QuickBooks Data recovery process it thoroughly repairs your data file in the same version of Quickbooks. You do not have to upgrade your version of Quickbooks to use the repaired data file. You save a huge business money from purchasing additional software that is really not required.
The data recovery services are available for all files from any version of QuickBooks: version 1.0 (DOS) to the current Enterprise 15.0/Premier or Pro 2015.
Intuit QuickBooks C=51 Error Troubleshooting Help Support
If you face any doubt or have any issue while performing the data recovery without delay please contact QuickBooks Tech support number. It will connect you to the QB support executives who are also approachable through live chat and email support. Choose your mode to connect with them and resolve your issue as soon as possible. They assure complete resolution via experienced QuickBooks experts in the shortest wait time.
How to Recover QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
We all are aware of the fact that QuickBooks desktop is one of the most famous accounting software programs that is preferred by entrepreneurs worldwide. At times, a few technical errors come while using this software. We have come up with this article with an aim to discuss about the QuickBooks Error Code C=51, its causes, and its solutions.
If you are also facing any such error, then we recommend you to read this article carefully till the end.
Why this QuickBooks Error Code C=51 Occurs?
In general, QuickBooks error code C=51 gets displayed on the screen with a notification “QuickBooks is not able to find the TxList file“. This type of error can also be seen, when the user tries to get rid of txList from txLists list, but QuickBooks is unable to find it. The user might also encounter this type of error message while they are removing a transaction file from any report.
If you have also stumbled upon Error code C=51 and looking for an instant solution, don’t worry our QuickBooks support team has provided almost every possible solution to resolve this error in this article. However, you can also get in touch with our team of certified team, who have years of experience and expertise in fixing QB related bugs.
Perform these quick steps to fix the error:
When QuickBooks error code C=51 occurs it stops your QuickBooks to function. Also this error can delete your important data files so we recommend you to create a backup of your company files. Below we have shared few quick steps to resolve this error. However, you can correct this error with the help of our QuickBooks data recovery support team.
- When you facing this error you need to turn off your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that terminate all running windows within QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to restart the QB software.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received.
- Verify in QuickBooks release 7 or later versions or Verify and Rebuild data.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Required Files that recover and resolve all QuickBooks data files immediately.
- First of all, the user needs to have the Corrupted QuickBooks Data file (.QBW).
- The transaction Log files (.TLG – in the same folder where the corrupted data QBW file is situated.
- Any older backup of a QB data files (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM).
Solution 1: Repair your Data Files
- To troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code c=51 the very important step is repair your data file in the same versions of QuickBooks.
- You do not need to upgrade your version of QuickBooks to use the repaired data file.
Solution 2: Rebuilt the Data
- To begin with, the user is required to exit the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The next step is to close all the windows within the QuickBooks.
- Followed by again starting the QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is required to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was encountered.
- For release 7 or later, rebuild the data in a format.
Note: The point to be noted that, the data recovery process is available for all files from all version of QuickBooks. In order to use these repaired files, the user need not to upgrade the QuickBooks version.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks latest release version
- To resolve the error you need to update your QuickBooks to latest release or use the same or latest version when a user tries to restore all backup files.
- In this way, a user will easily restore the backup files by its latest version in QuickBooks.
Remember: It should not be the older version.
Solution 4: Restore your backup
Restore all your backup files, and then copy it by pressing Ctrl +C keys into a new folder.
- The user needs to check the file size once the backup is created, and make sure the file size is not less than 6 MB.
- In order to check the file sizes and make sure that they are accurate, the user needs to right click the file and select Properties option.
- In case the file size is less than 6 MB, then the file is not a true backup file, the user now needs to create a new backup file from the working file.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Many reasons are here that affects your company data file.
- The user needs to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor. Identify and then prevent to solve QB corrupted company files.
We expect that these troubleshooting steps might help the user to fix QuickBooks Error C=51. Sometimes by following above steps, the error might not get resolved and user may get frustrated. At this moment Pro Accountant Advisor team can help you to get rid of these types of errors.
Feel free to consult with one of our experts at our QuickBooks premier technical support number i.e. +1-888-300-3913 and resolve all type of QB errors with the help of USA best accountants, CPA’s and Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. Don’t fret, ask expert advice by calling our helpline number that avails for 24/7. We offer 24*7*365 services with complete resolution guarantee within stipulated time period.