Every time after installing Quickbooks on your desktop it is mandatory to register or activate the software. While activating your QuickBooks Desktop, a message appears on the screen asking you to set up your Intuit account. You can link your existing account information directly to the software by logging into your Intuit account. It is important to take note of the fact that if you have more than one copy of QuickBooks Desktop in your computer, you will need to individually activate or register QuickBooks Desktop.
Register QuickBooks Desktop on 2016 or Newer Versions
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer and then press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Go to the ‘Product Information’ window and on the right side of the license number lookout for the registration status.
- If it says ‘Activated’ then you are all set to continue with your work on QuickBooks Desktop.
- If it says ‘Not Activated’ follow the following steps:
- First and foremost close to the ‘Product Information’ window by clicking on ‘Ok’.
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ menu and then activate QuickBooks from there by selecting ‘Activate Quickbooks’ (for 2016 edition it will show ‘Register QuickBooks instead of ‘Activate QuickBooks’)
- Follow the prompts that will appear on the screen to verify your information and complete the activation process.
For QuickBooks Older Versions
It is seen that discontinued products of an older version cannot be registered for the first time now. However, you can re-register discontinued products of an older version if you had registered it before and are just reinstalling it this time.
Activating QuickBooks Desktop with Intuit account to link existing account information
While activating QuickBooks Desktop, the activation screen provides you with an option to either activate using an existing Intuit account or to create a new one. In case you do not have a pre-existing Intuit account, fill out all the required information in the appropriate sections and complete the activation process. It is important to note that the phone number and the ZIP code on the registration form gets pre-filled automatically based on the company file that is open.
If you already have an Intuit account just enter your credentials to begin the activation process. In case you have forgotten your user ID and password carry out the following steps to retrieve them:
- Navigate to https://www.quickbooks.com/account and click on the ‘I forgot my user ID or password’ link.
- Enter the appropriate information, like your registered phone number, email ID or user ID.
- You will receive a code, enter it when asked for.
- Reset your password when your user ID reflects.
- Now log in to your Intuit account using the new credentials.
If by any chance you are unable to register on your own, are facing any kind of problem or have any queries regarding QuickBooks do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks tech support team for expert advice on your issue. You can reach them at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-300-3913 (toll-free).
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks Registration Error
A user might encounter several errors on their way to register or activate QuickBooks Desktop on Windows. “QuickBooks registration error” or “QuickBooks activation not working” error message mostly appears because of incorrect QuickBooks license information. Most of the times counter checking the license number and product code received online or offline resolves the error, but in case if you are getting error messages like “We’re sorry, but your activation was interrupted” or “The validation code is incorrect” or “This service is temporarily unavailable” then additional troubleshooting is required to resolve the issue. Follow the complete article until the end and learn how to fix QuickBooks registration error with easy to follow troubleshooting steps.
Are you Unable to Activate QuickBooks Desktop? Call QuickBooks Desktop Support at (844)-888-4666 for Immediate Assistance
Why you Encounter Errors Registering QuickBooks on Windows?
There are several reasons why you are unable to register QuickBooks on Windows, and most of them are related to the QuickBooks connection errors and outdated QuickBooks version. Down below, we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks registration error:
- QuickBooks requires an active internet connection to verify the registration information and in case if your internet is experiencing down-times or if Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks from connecting with the internet then QuickBooks displays registration/activation errors.
- You can only register a QuickBooks product that is supported by Intuit, in case if you are using a QuickBooks version that is discontinued then QuickBooks will display registration error.
- Make sure you are entering the correct product code and the license number as it is one of the most common reasons to get errors while activating or registering QuickBooks.
- Incorrect data and time settings on your Windows computer is also one of the reasons you can’t activate QuickBooks.
- A fault in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) is also one of the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks activation problems.
Few Important Points to Consider before you Activate QuickBooks Desktop:
- Close all the QuickBooks Windows and background processes from the taskbar and try to register QuickBooks again before applying the troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure that the date and time displayed on your Windows is correct and if not, then make the necessary changes to the date and time settings.
- Re-verify the product code and the license number that you have received on the product or your email with the information you are entering on the QuickBooks registration page.
- Make sure you are logged in with a Windows admin account to activate QuickBooks.
Steps to Resolve Error Activating QuickBooks
Step 1: Configure the Windows Firewall
- Click the Windows Start button and search for Windows Firewall.
- Click Windows Firewall from the list of Programs and then hit Advanced Settings.
- Now right click the Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
- Choose the Port and then click Next.
- Check and verify that the TCP is selected and then hit Next.
- Select Allow the Connections and then hit Next again.
- Ensure that all the profiles displayed on the prompt window are selected.
- Hit Next and enter a name for the rule.
- Hit Finish and try to register QuickBooks product once again.
NOTE: If you are using a third-party firewall or antivirus application, then change the settings of such applications and allow QuickBooks to access the internet connection. You can search online for detailed instructions, or you can also reach the software supplier for help.
Step 2: Assign Administrative Rights to the User Account
- Go to Settings of your computer from the Control Panel.
- From under the Accounts, select Family and Other Users.
- Select the user you want to assign the administrative rights to.
- Click Change Account Type and then from the Account Type section select Administrator.
- Click Change Account Type and sign in once again on the Windows.
- If you are still facing issues activating QuickBooks after creating administrator account in Windows, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Step 3: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
For detailed instructions on resolving QuickBooks registration errors using QuickBooks File Doctor follow our article on How to Fix Damaged Company file or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor?
Step 4: Register MSXML Files
- Press Window + R keys on your keyboard and type cmd.exe in the run window.
- Press Enter or click OK and then type cd\ windows\ syswow64 in the black color command prompt window.
- Hit Enter and type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit Enter.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit Enter again.
IMPORTANT: In case if the above-mentioned troubleshooting do not help then we suggest you Reinstall QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
After applying all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, if none of them help you resolve QuickBooks registration error, then you can reach us at our support number +1-888-300-3913 for direct troubleshooting assistance. Our certified Experts have the necessary tools to connect with the system experiencing the error and can solve the error for you in the shortest time possible.
How to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
After so many turmoils in 2020, the year 2021 brings some hope with new financial goals. With that, it’s time to install, register, and activate QuickBooks desktop to eliminate the financial management crisis and kick start the New Year by having the right foot forward. As the topmost bookkeeping and accounting software, QuickBooks has been developed for small or medium business owners (SMBs). Once activated, QuickBooks desktop can help you manage your finances and works as your assistant to achieve the preset organizational goals.
QuickBooks desktop activation is pretty simple and it can be done in Windows or Mac. All it takes is entering the correct license key or QuickBooks activation code at the right place followed by on-screen instructions. If you have more than one or multiple copies of QuickBooks desktop, then you should activate or register all the copies manually. Once QuickBooks installation is activated, it’s all set to go to manage your business’s financials and get you on top of your goals.
Quick Tip – Use Internet Explorer 11 TLS 1.2 enabled for Windows or Mac operating system. These are the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks users to access Intuit services.
Now let’s get started and learn the steps to activate your QuickBooks desktop.
How to activate QuickBooks desktop (2016 or later versions)
Step 1: Confirm if QuickBooks is activated or not!
- Press F2 or CTRL + 1 key to verify whether your QuickBooks is activated or not.
- If QuickBooks is already activated then you can begin to work on it and start managing your finances.
- However, if it’s not activated then use the instructions given in step 2 to activate the QuickBooks desktop.
- If an error appears that “QuickBooks validation code is wrong”, then you will need to confirm that you are entering the correct license key and product number. If you found that incorrect, then put in the right validation code to move further with QuickBooks activation.
Step 2: Steps to activate QuickBooks desktop on Windows or Mac
We are assuming that you have already downloaded and installed the QuickBooks desktop. That’s the first step before activating the QuickBooks desktop. Once it is installed in your system, the QuickBooks desktop icon will appear on your screen. Henceforth, you can simply follow the below instructions to proceed with the activation process. Choose the set of instructions depending on whether you have Windows or Mac OS.
QuickBooks desktop activation on Windows
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks on your Windows computer.
- Now press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information.
- Once the Product Information window opens, you can check the registration status of QuickBooks.
- If it says Activated then you can use QuickBooks right away.
- If it says QuickBooks is not activated then here are the instructions to activate it.
- Close the product information window by clicking the Ok
- On QuickBooks, go to the Help section and choose to activate QuickBooks from the drop-down list.
- If you are running QuickBooks version 2016, then click register QuickBooks.
- Now keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
QuickBooks desktop activation on Mac OS
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click the menu.
- Now click the register QuickBooks
- You need to type the product number and license number in the desired field box and click next.
- Now click on the register online
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the QuickBooks desktop activation process.
Using previous version of QuickBooks? Here is what you need to do for activation
Activating older QuickBooks products can become a big deal if you have not taken the right services. QuickBooks doesn’t allow the activation of discontinued products for the first time. It requires you to reactivate and re-register the product. You will have to contact QuickBooks desktop support for further assistance and get the right QuickBooks activation code for discontinued products.
Common QuickBooks desktop activation issues and their fixes
- Ensure that you are entering the right information in QuickBooks desktop including QuickBooks activation code or license key or product number.
- If a blank screen appears then you may temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall program.
- Make sure the system date and time settings are correct to avoid QuickBooks desktop activation issues.
- Sometimes, the errors with QuickBooks background processes may prevent you from activating the QuickBooks desktop software. In that case, you can close the QuickBooks background processes.
Also Read: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Facing issues in activating QuickBooks desktop? Get help
Well, that ends our go-to guide to help you activate QuickBooks desktop in the simplest way. Mac or Windows owners can get help by using these activation instructions. However, if you still feel that something is not going your way, then you may immediately contact our QuickBooks Desktop Help and support team. Our experts are certified QuickBooks pro advisors who are always ready to assist you in hard times. Call us today and get the best on-call assistance on QuickBooks activation.
How to Register QuickBooks Desktop or Activate?
As we all know, Intuit has been designed a leading accounting software “QuickBooks” that takes care of your books by managing sales and expenses. The interface of this accounting software is easy to set up and user-friendly. QuickBooks users can easily set up this accounting software to achieve their business goals. But you need to install the updates and Register QuickBooks to the latest release by Intuit.
Once you have installed QuickBooks on your system, then the first thing that you need to perform is to Activate QuickBooks Desktop. In case, you have more than one copy of the QuickBooks Desktop, then it is recommended to you to register or activate each copy of QuickBooks. The following article will help you to register QuickBooks by providing you the simple steps for both mac and windows.
NOTE: The main thing you need to remember that the Internet Explorer 11 with TLS 1.2 should be enabled in the Mac Operating Systems & Windows. You will be able to view that after May 31, 2018, to run the services provided by Intuit.
Important points that need to be in consideration
Given below are the main points that you need to remember before registering QuickBooks Desktop. Consider these points before you access QuickBooks register to record deposits, checks, etc.:
- You need to check the QuickBooks Desktop is ACTIVATED OR NOT by clicking the F2 key or pressing Ctrl + 1.
- In case, you are facing the error that shows “The validation code is wrong”, then follow the steps written below:
- You need to check the product and license number.
- Check the validation code. It must be correct.
How to Register QuickBooks Desktop?
The user can easily register QuickBooks for 2016 and later versions. We have provided you the steps for both QuickBooks for Windows and QuickBooks for Mac. You can also perform the same steps to activate QuickBooks desktop 2018:
QuickBooks Desktop for 2016 and Later Versions
Steps to register QuickBooks for Windows PCs:
After installing the QuickBooks Software, you require to make QuickBooks register done before using it. You can follow the steps written below to activate QuickBooks Desktop now:
- First of all, you need to run QuickBooks.
- Click on the F2 key.
- Now, the ‘Product Information’ window will display on the screen. Here, the user can verify the registration status.
- If your QuickBooks indicates ACTIVATED, then you don’t need to do anything.
- In case, QuickBooks shows NOT ACTIVATED, then apply the following steps:
- Choose OK to shut down the ‘Product Information’ window.
- Choose the “Help” menu and select the “Activate QuickBooks” (choose QuickBooks for 2016).
- You need to follow the on-going instructions to complete the procedure.
Steps to register QuickBooks desktop for Mac PCs:
- First of all, you need to launch QuickBooks and click on the menu.
- Now, click on “Register QuickBooks”.
- Add the “Product Number” and “License Number” in the information dialogue box.
- Press Next.
- After that, select the “Register Online” option.
- In the end, you need to follow the instructions displaying on your screen. If you are not getting any instructions, this indicates that the software had already been registered.
How to Activate QuickBooks Desktop for 2015 and Earlier Versions?
The older versions of QuickBooks have been discontinued by Intuit. Nevertheless, you are unable to register the discontinued products for the first time. You can re-activate the discontinued versions only if they have been activated earlier.
Note: You will not get any support from the discontinued products.
Problems that may arise while registering QuickBooks Desktop
- The information entered by you may not be accepted, in this case, you need to verify that the information entered by you should match the information entered at the time of purchase.
- You may face the issue because of the Anti-virus. While getting this issue, your screen gets blank. To resolve this issue, you try to disable anti-virus.
We suppose that the above article assisted you to register QuickBooks Desktop. However, the steps are not tricky to perform. But, in some cases, the user may be stuck into any step at the time of QuickBooks register or activating the QuickBooks desktop. If you need the technical support and want to register QuickBooks under the supervision of an expert, then you can talk to us by dialing our QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number +1-888-300-3913. We have a team of professionals who are highly experienced to fix all accounting issues related to QuickBooks.
How to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
Learn to process to activate or register QuickBooks Desktop once you have successfully installed it:
Each time you install QuickBooks desktop on the system, it demands registering and activating. In case of multiple copied of QB desktop, then you need to register or activate each of them. QuickBooks will itself prompt the user to activate, also the user can activate it manually. When the user activates the QuickBooks desktop, a window appears on the screen stating “Set up your Intuit Account”. The user can log in to the Intuit account when activating the QuickBooks desktop to link the existing account information directly.
The intuit account login is used to access multiple websites, and after the user signs in the Intuit account, he or she can purchase and view products and services and download or activate products that you have already purchased. If you are also looking forward to register and activate QuickBooks desktop, then today’s post can be of great help to you. Moreover, if you don’t want to risk the activation process by doing it manually, then feel free to call us at 1-800-761-1787. You can ask our accounting professionals to register and activate QuickBooks desktop for you. Our QuickBooks desktop support team will be happy to help you.
- The most important point is to always verify that the QuickBooks software is activates or NOT, for this click on F2 key OR press and hold CTRL + 1 keys
- If the user sees that QuickBooks is ACTIVATED, then you are set. If not, the user needs to move ahead with the steps to activate.
- In case at the time of activation, the user receives the error “The validation code is wrong“, then verify the things below:
- The validation code is right
- Also, ensure that the license and product number is correct. If the product number doesn’t match the license number then change the product number first before moving forward with the activation.
Similar article: Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Steps to Registering QuickBooks desktop 2016 or newer versions
In order to register QuickBooks desktop 2016 or newer versions, the user can carry out the below steps:
- First of all, the user needs to open the QuickBooks and press F2 key on the keyboard
- After that, check the registration status on the product information window on the right side of the license number
- In case the status is Activated, then the user need not to do anything
- In case it is not activated, then carry out the steps below:
- The user will have to select OK to close the product information window
- And then, visit the help menu and then choose activate QuickBooks. But for the 2015 version select Register QB
- Now, carry out the onscreen prompts and verify the information. Followed by completing the activation process.
- You will get a thank you message once the activation process completes.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
If you are a QuickBooks desktop for Mac user, then you need to carry out the steps below to register and activate it:
- The very first step is to visit the menu and then choose register QuickBooks
- After that, the user needs to enter the license number and product number also choose next
- The next step is to select register online tab
- To end the process, follow the onscreen instructions and complete the registration. In case, you do not find any register option, then this indicates that the software us already registered.
For Older versions
In older versions, discontinued products cannot get registered for the first time. And then, the user will have to re-register the discontinued products. The user can re-register discontinued products of an older version if he/she has registered it before and is just reinstalling it. However, the user can contact the customer service provider for the validation code, but assisted support for discontinued products is no longer available.
See this also: How to download a trial of QuickBooks Desktop?
Activating QuickBooks desktop with your Intuit Account
The activation screen in QuickBooks offers an option to the user to either activate using an existing Intuit account or create a new one. If the user is not having an Intuit account, then he/she will be required to fill in the necessary information in create your user ID section and complete the activation process. It should be noted that the on the registration form that follows, the phone number and ZIP code are pre-filled depending upon the company file the user had opened up.
In case the user opts for creating the account, then he/she will continue to discover the message when opening QuickBooks. In case the user has an existing Intuit Account, then merely entering the user ID and password will start the activation process. However, if you have lost your user ID or password, then you can carry out the below steps to retrieve them:
- The very first step is to visit the https://www.quickbooks.com/account
- And then, the user needs to click on I forgot my User ID or password link
- The next step is to enter the registered email, phone number or User ID
- After that, the user needs to enter the code received
- Once done with that, the user will see the User ID and can then reset the password
- To end the process, log in again.
Issues while registering or activating QuickBooks desktop
- In case the user finds that the information entered is not accepted, then the user can ensure it is the same information that was given at the time of purchase
- Also, in case the user finds any technical glitches, such as blank screen or error messages, then it is recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus software.
Checkpoints before fixing the issue
Before trying to fix this issue, the user needs to check out the points below:
- The user is recommended to verify if QuickBooks is activated and also verify the license number and product code. Match the one on the sticker on QuickBooks product package
- And for downloaded commodities, the user needs to view the purchase confirmation email that is received from Intuit
- In case the user purchased QuickBooks on CD, then one can see the brightly colored sticker on the original CD envelope
You may also see: How to Set up QuickBooks Desktop to Work From Home?
This drags us towards the end of this post, where we expect that the information, we have shared in above might be of some help in activating and registering the QuickBooks desktop successfully. However, if you are still confused, then give us a call at +1-888-300-3913 and speak to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team.
Our experts and Intuit certified accounting professionals will help you in registering the software without any technical glitch that too in the least possible time. So, do not hesitate in contacting us anytime.