QuickBooks is a premier accounting software meant mainly for small and medium businesses to help them in managing their finances and accounts and make their bookkeeping process very easy. It offers a variety of integrated tools that help the organization in preparing invoices, bills, etc.; managing the payroll system along with many other features. However, there are some bugs and errors which arise in the process and disturb the workflow. The users must be beware of these errors, else it might lead to potential data loss. One such error is QuickBooks Error 4120. This error displays a message which says that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 4120
There might be a myriad of reasons that may cause this error to occur some of which are listed as follows:
- If an antivirus or security-software has falsely marked any QuickBooks executable file or other components as unsafe.
- When there is a software change related to QuickBooks, it might cause the windows registry to be corrupted.
- When any other program deletes files related to QuickBooks either by mistake or otherwise, an error may
- Defective or corrupt download or incomplete installation of QuickBooks may also lead to this error.
- Virus or malware on your system that harms the files related to Windows system may also pose a threat to QuickBooks related files.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 4120
The computer may run in a slack manner and respond slowly to the mouse and keyboard input console. It might also be crashed frequently by displays of “QuickBooks Error 4120”. Moreover, the computer may sometimes freeze or hang for a few seconds at random.
Also Read: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 4120?
The following solutions can be implemented in order to fix the error:
Solution 1: Check if there are any System Errors
- Update the antivirus and antimalware programs on your system.
- Perform a full scan of the system once the program has been activated.
- Fix the bugs and eliminate the virus and malware, if any.
- In case, there is no virus and the problem persists, apply other solutions.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor application tool.
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor and will diagnose and eliminate the error.
Solution 3: Copy the Company Related Files to another System
- Copy all the company related files to another system and check if they are opening in this system or not.
- If the file opens in this system, then it will be advised to repair the Windows on the system on which QuickBooks was initially installed.
- In case the files do not open in the new system also, then they are damaged. To repair the damaged files, use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool as mentioned in Solution 2.
Solution 4: Repair/Reinstall QuickBooks
- To uninstall QuickBooks, go to the Control Panel and select uninstall.
- Select QuickBooks and try to repair it when given the option.
- If the error still persists, then uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks.
Some Other Solutions
- Clean out the junk and trash files from your system.
- Repair the registry entries related to the error.
- Use Windows System Restore so that you can undo the recent changes in the system.
If all the given solutions fail to fix the error, you may seek professional assistance. Directly contact QuickBooks Error Support at toll-free number +1-888-300-3913.
Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 4120?
Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 4120:
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error 4120 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as we will be talking about the causes and fixes of QuickBooks error code 4120. This error can be seen at the time of installation of QuickBooks. it comes up with an error message stating as:
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation”.
In case the operating system is destroyed or one of the important Microsoft parts that QuickBooks desktop makes use of is not stable or working, then the errors listed below can be seen. The user can download and access the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix the error.
- QuickBooks error code 1935
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .Net framework
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- QuickBooks error 1603
- Errors related to open QuickBooks desktop
To know more, make sure to read this post carefully till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our professionals via helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We are U.S based best accounting experts and certified professionals who work round the clock to provide you with the best possible support services.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors?
What leads to the QuickBooks error code 4120?
The user can end up in the QuickBooks error 4120 due to the below listed factors:
- In case any software change occurs to QuickBooks, then the windows registry has been corrupted
- When QuickBooks is incompletely installed or there is some corruption
- If the files of QuickBooks are deleted by some program
- When virus on the system harms the files that are related to windows. This poses a threat to QuickBooks related files
- When the QuickBooks executable file or other components are marked unsafe.
Effects of QuickBooks error 4120
When such error appears, the software doesn’t work properly and responds slowly to the active. The system might also crash and freeze or hang for some time.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 4120
By now, you might be well versed with the causes and other information related to the error code 4120. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Reinstalling or repairing QuickBooks
The very first method can be to reinstall or repair QuickBooks desktop. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The first step is to move to the control panel and then uninstall QuickBooks
- Once done with that, the user needs to repair the software
- And if the error persists reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Method 2: Copying company files to another system
The user can also copy the company files to another system. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- At first, the user needs to copy all the company related files to some other system. And check if the user is able to open the files or not in another system.
- In case the file opens, then it is recommended to repair the windows of the previous system.
- And if the files do not open in other system as well, then it means that the files are damaged. These files can be fixed by using the file doctor tool.
Method 3: Checking for any system errors
Another method to fix the error can be to check for any system errors. This process involves the steps below:
- The very first step is to update antivirus of the system and antimalware programs
- After that, scan the system once the program is activated
- The next step is to eliminate the virus
- And if no virus detected then, try other solutions
Method 4: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
The user can make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool is designed and developed in a way to resolve all sorts of company file related issues. The user can run and diagnose to check errors and get rid of them automatically. You can download the file doctor tool from QuickBooks tool hub.
Method 5: Run disk cleanup
The user might experience the runtime error due to very low free space on the system. In such a situation, the below steps can be followed:
- At first, the user should consider backing up the files and freeing up space on the hard drive
- The user is then required to clear the cache and reboot the system
- Also, the user can run the disk cleanup and open the explorer window and right click the main directory (which is usually C:)
- The last step is to click on properties tab and also click on the disk cleanup
Manually resolving the issues
If the above methods failed completely, then in that case, we recommended to carry out the below manual troubleshooting steps.
- Initially, clear the junk of the system
- And then, repair the registry entries
- Also, use windows system restore and undo the recent changes.
You may see also: How to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
The above stated methods are enough to fix the QuickBooks error code 4120. However, if the error continues even after carrying out the above step, then in that case, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team.
Give us a call at our dedicated support number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and our team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
fix QuickBooks Error 4120
QuickBooks Error 4120 generally appears when you can face any issue at the time of installation of QuickBooks. An error message appears on the screen “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation”.
Errors listed below can take place in case your operating system is destroyed or one of the important Microsoft parts that QuickBooks Desktop makes use of is not stable or working nicely. You may download and access the QB install tool to resolve QuickBooks Error 4120 that you may get while installing QuickBooks Desktop. This may include the following errors:
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error Code 1935
- 1904 & 1402
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- Issues opening QuickBooks Desktop like QuickBooks has Stopped Working unrecoverable errors.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 4120
- Due to damage in the Windows registry, you may encounter error 4120 QuickBooks.
- when the company file related to QuickBooks has been deleted accidentally.
- QuickBooks has not been installed completely.
- Because of Malware attack or QuickBooks files has been affected by the virus.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 4120?
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool
Run the QBInstall tool that will help you to fix Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ issues.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- While prompted, save the file on your Desktop.
- Exit any open programs, then run the QBInstall tool in order to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 4120.
Note: It may consume 20 minutes to finish relying on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- Restart your device after running the tool to make sure the components are correctly updated.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
Solution 2: Download Windows updates
When you download Windows updates, it will set up missing improvements pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ problems.
In case your Windows operating system is outdated, QuickBooks may be unable to install or open properly. You can run Windows updates by:
Step 1: Hold the Windows key on your keyboard
Step 2: Type Windows Update in the search field.
Step 3: After installing updates, reboot/restart your device, then open QuickBooks Desktop to check whether QuickBooks Error Code 4120 has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Fix problems with QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft components manually
In case QBInstall does not fix your issue you can attempt to resolve these from Window components on your own. Please make sure that you try this only when you are an IT professional, an advanced Windows expert or something. You can also hire them to help you.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Fix Microsoft MSXML
We hope that the above solutions helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error 4120. If the same error message is occurring, constantly, get in touch with us by connecting at Quickbooks error support phone number +1-888-300-3913.