How to fix the Runtime Error 30 Quickbooks Pro 2010 Printer Not Activated Error Code 30
This article features error number Code 30, commonly known as Quickbooks Pro 2010 Printer Not Activated Error Code 30 described as Error 30: QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quickbooks Pro 2010 Printer Not Activated Error Code 30
Error number: Error 30
Description: Error 30: QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Software: QuickBooks Pro
Developer: Intuit Inc.
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error 30
Runtime Error 30 happens when QuickBooks Pro fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Error code – An error code is a value returned to provide context on why an error occurred
- Quickbooks – QuickBooks is popular small to medium-sized business accounting software created by Intuit, Inc QuickBooks ProPremierEnterprise for Windows all include support for programmatic access to QuickBooks via Intuit’s SDKXML-based APIs
- Printer – Printing is a process for reproducing text and images, typically with ink or toner, on paper using a printer.
Symptoms of Code 30 – Quickbooks Pro 2010 Printer Not Activated Error Code 30
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime QuickBooks Pro is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quickbooks Pro 2010 Printer Not Activated Error Code 30 – Error 30
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteUsing Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.
Resolve Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 in QuickBooks
Printer not activated Error Code -20 is just one of the most common error message encountered by QuickBooks users. This error generally takes place when a user try to install or upgrade to a newer Windows version. Usually, the major cause of this issue is the deleted KEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key.
Because of this error, users are not able to publish or send the invoices and payslips which leads to the further inconvenience for business owners. This is a common error that may cause by lots of other applications besides QuickBooks, but its significance on QuickBooks is greater than any other software.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 15271?
What causes QuickBooks Error 20 -Printer not activated problem?
Here are some of the possible reasons are given below:-
- This error code is usually appears due to elimination/deletion of the ‘HKey_current_config\software’ key. QuickBooks program works on the same registry key as well. This situation leads to the condition where the outdated key stops the application as well as printer to run properly. It has been experienced that many program/applications use that same registry key..! It tends to cause malfunctioning of the software and other software’s as well.
- This error can also be occur when the multiple QuickBooks versions are installed in the computer. This arrangement doesn’t harm the system but it could be a possible reason. If the multiple versions of QuickBooks application installed in a system have different directory then there is no problem.
- In case, the same error code or error message appears again and you are unable to save/download the invoice, bill, or payslip as PDF..! It simply means that the QuickBooks application isn’t compatible with the PDF driver & operating system.
Quickbooks/QBO Online Support >
Printer not activated, error code -30
QB Issue Resolution:
Since some of it does have the same problem on the sample file, we can perform clean installation. This may take some time but if this will resolve it then we’ll do this. 🙂 Here’s how:
1. Uninstall QuickBooks application.
2. Rename Intuit Folders:
Windows 8, 7 or Vista
QuickBooks 2007 and later folders:
C:Program DataIntuitQuickBooks (year)
C:Users(current user)AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks (year)
64-bit version C:Program Files (x86)IntuitQuickBooks (year)
If you get the message Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
Right-click the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
Click the Processes tab.
Click the Image Name column heading to sort processes alphabetically by name.
Select QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe in the Image Name column.
Click End Process.
Click Yes to the message, “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability….”
3. Reinstall QuickBooks application.
Resolution for Issue ‘Printer not activated, error code -30’ available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Printer not activated, error code -30: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for error code
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for error code [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
How to Fix Printer Not Activated – Error Code -20 on Windows 7 or later versions?
If the problem is associated with the problem, “Printer not activated? Error – 20” on the Windows 7, Windows 8 or later versions. In such scenario, you need to perform the solution steps given below:-
1. At first, close the final draft:
For Windows 8 or later:
- Click on the “Start” or “Windows” icon on the display.
- Perform right-click on the ‘Final Draft9/8 tile’.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
For Window 7/Vista:
- In the Windows 7, go to the “Start” icon => “Programs” tab.
- Select the ‘Final Draft 9/8’.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
- Try again to save the documents In PDF format. Now, you will able to save your script as PFD with no issues.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
2. Change the Directory:
Note: you need to consider the following points before changing the directory.
- Generate the Backup: Before you make any changes in the present registry make sure that you create a backup. Use the old registry if in case you are unable to solve the issues with the modified registry.
- For any further complications, you must be prepared with a system recovery point.
3. Create the Backup Registry:
- At first, hit onto the “Registry Editor” tab.
- Go to the folder tree in the left bar and click on the ‘Computer’ icon.
- Then, hit onto the “File” icon => “Export” tab => “Save” icon.
4. Create the System Restore Point:
- At first, click on the “Start” or “Windows” icon.
- Search for the ‘System Restore’ option, click on the ‘Create a New Restore Point’ option.
- Go to the “System Properties” screen.
- Enable the “Protection Setting”.
- If the function is disabled, click “Configure” and set the protection.
- Finish with clicking Apply and OK button.
- These settings will automatically create a system restore point.
Note: Before you make modifications to the Registry, ensure you take a back-up of your computer registry files and create a system restore point in case something else fails whilst you’re doing the actions you should have the ability to restore the system.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error code 20?
Below we have given 2 possible fixes to resolve printer not activated error code -20 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Re-installation of QuickBooks
This method is focused & aid to repair all your QuickBooks program. Uninstalling and then reinstalling QuickBooks software can be a good step to clean all the damaged or corrupted files. However, we recommend you to use the system security app and perform a clean up before you re-installing the QuickBooks.
- First of all, close your QuickBooks and all the running programs on your systems.
- Now go to the Control panel.
- Here you need to find programs (Apps) & features option.
- After that click on Programs & Features.
- Now locate the QuickBooks and click on the Uninstall option.
- Download a fresh copy of QuickBooks version that is compatible with your system.
- Once the re-installation process gets complete, the program along with the printer will work again.
- Restart your computer system to let the changes to take place.
Note: If the problem is with PDF converter only, then you are advised to uninstall the old driver and install a compatible driver with your operating system.
Solution 2: Manually Edit or Update the Registry key
This issue can be solved by upgrading your Windows 7 operating system. A clean installation of windows 7 wouldn’t cause such type of critical errors.
There are 2 ways of manually updating the registry key.
Method 1: Grant permission by using Registry Editor
- Open your registry editor.
- On your system keyboard, click Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit command.
- Now right click on the regedit & then select the option to Run as Administrator
- Search HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG as now you have to get access the registry editor.
- Choose the permission after right clicking the software folder name.
- You need to verify that user has the full access control of the table.
- Finally click on to the OK button and close the window & also registry editor option.
After performing the above steps QuickBooks has the access to all keys and printer that should work in fine condition.
Method 2: Grant permission using Powershell script
This options described only for Windows 10 users. You can update your registry key editor manually by granting permission using Powershell script.
Note: The user account control who is looking for the permission should be logged in. A user account also has the access by using the command prompt.
- Click on the Start button.
- Now type cmd
- After that select Run as an administrator by giving one right click cmd.
- Type Power shell in the command prompt and also press Enter key.
- Finally copy and paste the following code as it is showing on the command prompt.
PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -Command “$key = [Microsoft.Win32.Registry]::CurrentConfig.OpenSubKey(‘Software’,[Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck]::ReadWriteSubTree,[System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::ChangePermissions); $acl =$key.GetAccessControl(); $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule (‘Users’,’FullControl’,’ObjectInherit,ContainerInherit’,’None’,’Allow’); $acl.SetAccessRule($rule); $key.SetAccessControl($acl);”
- This will stop the error from reappearing.
We hopefully think the above given methods resolves your QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 and now you are able to print your files using QuickBooks.
However, if you are still troubling with this error and want any help regarding this issue, you can dial our QuickBooks customer support number .I.E. +1-888-300-3913 to get immediate help from the experts. We provide extreme services and quality assistance with effective solutions.