QuickBooks has proven itself as one of the most trusted accounting programs in handling day-to-day accounting operations efficiently for small to mid-sized businesses. You can harvest the numerable features and functions of the application by installing it on your system. However, while installing or updating QuickBooks, you can face various issues. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can help you to resolve common QuickBooks installation issues. In this post, we will see some handy steps to repair QuickBooks Desktop installation to ensure the smooth and efficient performance of the application.
Troubleshooting Procedures To Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
The various sets of troubleshooting steps described in this article demonstrate how to repair QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the steps with utmost attention in the below-given sequence:
Solution 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of various QuickBooks Tools all at one place, intended to repair common QuickBooks Desktop issues. To use the tool:
- Quit QuickBooks in the first place
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it to a suitable location
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and then follow the on-screen instructions carefully to install the tool
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- After the installation of the Tool, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it
Solution 2: Make Use Of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Now that you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your Desktop, you can run Intuit QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to repair QuickBooks Desktop installation issues. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it
- Now from within the Tool Hub, select Installation Issues
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run it, and it will find and fix the common installation issues in the QuickBooks application
- Wait until the tool finishes its job and then restart your computer
If this QuickBooks Desktop repair tool fails to fix the error, move to the next solution.
Solution 3:Update Windows To The Latest Release
Outdated Windows OS can be one of the most obvious reasons behind the QuickBooks installation issues. Therefore, updating Windows to the latest release can repair QuickBooks Desktop installation problems:
- Check how to update Windows manually by using the link
- Wait until the update finishes and restart your system
- Try to open QuickBooks once again to check if the error is fixed
- If you are getting issues with the QuickBooks installation, try to install again
If QuickBooks Desktop file repair remains undone, then follow the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 4: Repair Windows Components Manually
Windows components such as MSXML, .Net Framework, C++ are essential for the smooth installation of the QuickBooks application. To repair these components, follow the below-stated steps:
Rebuild .Net Framework
- Download the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
- Save the downloaded file on your Desktop
- Terminate all the programs running in the background using Task Manager
- Now open QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe.
- Wait until the diagnosis of the Micorsoft.NET finishes and then restart your system.
Below is one more solution that can help you to repair QuickBooks Desktop installation issues.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks In Selective Start-Up Mode
Sometimes third-party applications such as an anti-virus or anti-spyware act as interference with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. When you install QuickBooks in selective startup mode or safe mode, it prevents the installation process from the hindrances causes due to these third-party applications. Perform this procedure to install QuickBooks fail-safely.
Need Professional Assistance To Repair QuickBooks Desktop!
If you need professional’s assistance in the resolution of common QuickBooks Desktop installation issues, feel free to dial our helpline number +1-888-300-3913. In no time, you will be connected to one of the dedicated experts who will guide you to repair QuickBooks Desktop installation until the error is removed.
Easy Steps To Repair Quickbooks Desktop Installation Errors
Learn the easy steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop installation errors:
QuickBooks is an innovative software! But it isn’t something very rare for it to receive issues. One of the many troubles reported by users is QuickBooks Installation Error. This error may trouble both Windows and Mac users. This error doesn’t allow the QuickBooks to start, or hinder it from opening and functioning entirely even after clicking QuickBooks or company file icon. There might be multiple reasons to stop QuickBooks accounting software from opening.
Here in this article, we will discuss some competent techniques to fix these QuickBooks desktop installation errors. however, you can also take assistance from our QuickBooks enterprise support team to save your valuable time and efforts.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
What May be the reasons for QuickBooks installation errors?
There might be one or more of the following reasons to trigger the QuickBooks error:
- This error may occur if you open QuickBooks multiple times. If you double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon repeatedly, it would prevent your QB company file from opening successfully
- It may be caused due to an incorrect way that you undertake to open a particular file type
- The problem may be with reports and other windows within the file
- The installation error may also occur if you employ any improper version of QuickBooks to open the company file, folder, compressed or encrypted file
- Improper file name and extension, or data corruption may also trigger this issue
Fixation of QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
These are the steps to solve the installation errors for Windows and Mac. You need to follow each and every steps in order to resolve QuickBooks installation errors i.e (Error 1603, Error 1935, Error 1904 or Error 1402)
Method 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First of all, Go to windows task bar, do a right-click and select “Start Task Manager“
- Click on the “Processes” tab
- Sort alphabetically by clicking on the “Image Name header“
- Select “EXE“ file
- Click on the “End Process“
Method 2: Suppress the QuickBooks application
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the “Ctrl key“ on the keyboard and select “Open“.
- Open the “company file“.
Method 3: Restart your computer
- QuickBooks installation error and many other QuickBooks and windows errors may disappear just by restarting your system.
- Restarting PC means that all your software will open up fresh.
- After you restart your computer, try to open QuickBooks by clicking on the icon.
- Restarting computer also resets the wrong changes made by you during your last session.
Method 4: Re-register QuickBooks software related components in Windows
- Re-registering QB related components in Windows is another dependable way of getting rid of installation error.
- You can re-register components like “.DLL and .OCX files“ in MS Windows.
- Also, run “reboot.bat“ file.
Method 5: Repair your QuickBooks installation
- You can replace all faulty installation files of QuickBooks by running a software repair on your QuickBooks Installation.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Method 6: Perform a clean installation
- If the issue persists even after performing all the solutions mentioned above, you can Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- It will reinstall all the installation files during current folders however, those files will remain intact within the same default folder location.
How to Fix QuickBooks desktop MacBook Pro update errors?
You can try the following steps to fix update error with Macbook:
- Open “MacBook Pro“
- Go to ‘File > click Utility > click Verify Data” (In case no errors detected)
- Tap on “End / restart” button
- Finally, Restart “MacBook Pro“
This article consists of several general steps to fix the QuickBooks desktop installation errors for different types of data files that will not open or restore. We hope that you find this article helpful. However, if you still face the QB installation Error, You can speak to our QuickBooks experts at +1-888-300-3913. We are a leading QuickBooks support service provider. We boast of cutting edge tools and technologies.
How To Fix Common QuickBooks Desktop Install Errors ?
In this write-up, we have discussed some tried-and-tested steps to fix common errors that one often encounters while installing QuickBooks Desktop software. These common QuickBooks errors include:
- Error 1402, 1603, 1722, 1903, 1935, 1903, and 1935
- Framework errors of Microsoft .NET
- Errors linked to damaged MSXML and C++
- Getting “QuickBooks has stopped working” messages while opening QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow the steps given below to get rid of the above-mentioned issues.
STEP 1: Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and Install it on Your System
With the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can easily resolve those frequently occurring QuickBooks glitches. However, you will need to close QuickBooks desktop software to use QuickBooks Tool hub. So, let’s learn how to use this tool to fix issues.
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file and save it somewhere else from where you can easily locate it.
- Now, open the downloaded file i.e. QuickBooksTools.exe.
- Follow descriptions as shown on your screen and click agree to the terms and conditions of the Tool hub.
- Once you are done with the installation process, click on the finish button. Then double click on the Windows desktop to open the tools hub.
Please Note: In case you can’t find the icon you are looking for, you can directly search it from the Windows search box.
STEP 2: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool if your issues are persistent.
Here are the steps to follow when installing the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- First, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the tools hub and select installation issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Installation Hub and don’t close the window while the process is going on. The installation process takes 20 minutes or less.
- Restart your computer once the above process is complete.
STEP 3: Update your Windows
Updating your operating system generally helps in eradicating installation errors.
- Restart your computer after updating your Windows.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks and the desired company file.
- If you still facing the issue, install QuickBooks again.
If you have followed the above steps and your problem is still there, then you can follow step 4 that will help you to fix specific Windows components manually.
Important note for the readers: It is recommended to follow the above-mentioned steps if you have the technical knowledge or take the help of IT experts.
STEP 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop using selective startup:
If you have antivirus and antispyware software on your computer, then it may block the installation process, and therefore, it is suggested to install QuickBooks in Safe Mode (selective mode).
Now, let’s see how to solve some specific errors while installing, updating or repairing your QuickBooks Desktop software.
While you are updating and installing a QuickBooks file it is possible that you may encounter the following error due to damaged or corrupted or missing QuickBooks installation file.
Quickbooks Error 1334
Here are the common issues that cause Error 1334. Follow the given steps to resolve this manually.
- While writing the file or file name.
In this case, verify that you have access to the file.
- The file you are trying to install can’t be installed
In this case, insert your QuickBooks CD.
If you are getting the same error message even after considering the above steps, then it may be related to QuickBooks launching issues.
Steps to solve the error while launching QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks company file with the extension .qbw.
- Now, double-click on the file (company file name.qbw file).
Note: In case, you are getting error notification while installing the software, then you need to update or repair Microsoft. NET Framework.
Fix QuickBooks Error 1712
You may encounter QuickBooks Error 1712 while installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. With the message
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712”.
With the note ‘One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible’.
The above-mentioned error can be caused due to one or more missing Windows components.
Steps to fix Error 1712:
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Please refer to step 1 of ‘How to Fix Common QuickBooks Desktop Install Errors’
Step 2: Now, run the QuickFix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub and select Program Problems.
- Select on the option of Quick Fix my Program.
- Now, try to install QuickBooks.
If the QuickBooks Tools Hub did not fix the error, try to create a Windows user with Administrator rights, and thereafter, retry to install QuickBooks.
If you are still getting the Error 1712 message, then, it is suggested to connect with QuickBooks support to resolve your issue.
QuickBooks Error 1904
Here is how to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 to install QuickBooks Desktop.
If you get a message of “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register,”
Don’t worry, your company files and accounting data are in good shape.
Here are the steps you need to follow to fix Error 1904.
Step 1: Install and run the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool
In case you have recently upgraded to a new version of Windows, then, run the QBInstall Diagnostic tool to fix the Error 1904. Else, skip this step.
- Select the Ignore window message and then finish the process of installing QuickBooks.
- Don’t open QuickBooks, while installation is in process.
- After the above step, restart your computer.
- Now, Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and install it.
- Restart your computer after the above-said process is completed.
After following the above steps, try to open QuickBooks software. If it is opening, then you are good to go and your error has been solved and everything is fixed. Otherwise, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Fix Windows components manually
If the above step didn’t fix the error 1904 then it is suggested to repair specific Windows components.
Please Note: Below mentioned reinstalling and repair processare meant to be taken under the proper guidance of an IT personal or while working with the experts from Microsoft support:
- Start the process by reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Repair Microsoft MSXML.
If you can install QuickBooks and it is opening, then, you’re good to go. In case, you still see problems, you need to move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Change the account settings of Windows
To start the process, switch to your Windows Administrator account.
- Start ‘Windows Start menu’.
- Go to the search bar and type “CMD”. Right-click on CMD Run icon and then select run as administrator.
- Navigate command window and type “net user administrator /active: yes” and press Enter. Close the command window, when the command is complete.
- Now, open the start menu of the windows and select sign-out.
- Select the account that says Administrator and sign in. You won’t need a password.
Change the user permissions by following the given steps.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Now, go to the search bar “File Explorer” into the search and open File Explorer.
- Now, search for C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Click on the Common Files folder, and thereafter select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, and then select Edit.
- In the “Group or user names” section, select Users.
- After the above step, go to the “Permissions for Users” section, turn on the following permissions: Modify, Read, Write, Read & execute, List folder contents.
8. Now, select Apply and then click on OK.
Steps to reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
- Install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you are done with the installation process, open the Windows Start menu and then sign out of the administrator account.
- Now, sign in to your user account.
- After the above steps, open the Windows Start menu.
- Go to the search bar and type ‘CMD’. When you see the CMD Run icon, right-click it. Select Run as administrator.
- In this step, type “net user administrator /active: no” in the command window and press Enter. This will hide your administrator account.
Now, you can easily open QuickBooks with your regular account.
For More Information
Here we have covered most of the common QuickBooks desktop installation issues including some specific errors. However, if you still see the errors, we recommend you to connect with our 24X7 available QuickBooks support .
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors?
Learn how to resolve installation errors of QuickBooks desktop like a Pro:
QuickBooks has created a lot of buzz in the accounting industry and needs no special introduction. But one of the major drawbacks of this amazing software is that it is often plagued with certain technical snags. In the recent times, many QuickBooks users have informed the professionals regarding QuickBooks desktop install errors. Installation errors have always been one of the major outfalls of this software. Intuit, the developer of QB considered the issues that the user were facing and introduced the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and various other tools that could help the users in dealing with the install errors.
In today’s write-up, we will be discussing some tried and tested methods that could actually help the users in tackling the QuickBooks desktop installation errors. However, if you feel that fixing these errors is not your cup of tea, then leave all your worries on our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and let them handle this for you. Give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and let us fix all the annoying errors for you.
Read this also: How to use Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks?
List of QuickBooks desktop installation errors
If the user runs into trouble while installing QuickBooks desktop, or while opening if after the installation, then do not worry we are here to help you. The list of errors that come under this category are:
- Error 1402
- Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 1722
- Error 1903
- Error 1935
- Microsoft .NET Framework errors
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- QuickBooks stopped working issues
- Or Error 1334
- Error 1712
- Error 1904
- Error in verifying the subscription
- ABS PDF driver errors
Well, if you are familiar with any of these errors and are facing any of them, then the below methods can be employed. So, without further ado, let us dive into the procedures.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks desktop install errors
Encountering these errors happen in a fraction of seconds, but resolving them might take a few steps or methods. So, let us check out each of the methods one by one that the user can employ to get rid of the annoying install errors.
Method 1: Downloading QuickBooks tool hub and use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Earlier, the QuickBooks tool hub was not in trend and not many users are aware of it, but this can be a savior for these install errors. The use can download and run the tool hub and can use the QB install diagnostic tool to get rid of the QuickBooks installation errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very initial step is to close QuickBooks
- And then, download the QuickBooks tool hub file from the official intuit website. The user will have to save this file, where it can be accessed with much ease
- Followed by opening the file
- Now, carry out the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- After the process ends, double click the icon
It should be noted that, if the user is unable to spot the icon, the user needs to do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool hub and choose the program.
- And then, select the installation issues
- Now, select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let the tool run
- The user will have to have some patience, as the tool might take some time or can even take up to 20 minutes
- After the process ends, reboot the system
Method 2: Updating Windows
Updating windows can help the user in fixing the install error up to major extent. The steps involved in this process are:
- The very first step is to review the how to manually update sections of the Microsoft article and then update the version of windows
- After the update completes, the user is supposed to restart the system
- And then, open QuickBooks and the company file, in case you were able to open the QuickBooks before the error was seen
- In case the user wasn’t able to finish installing QuickBooks, then he/she would require to install QB desktop again.
If the user was able to install and open QuickBooks, he/she would not be troubled by the error anymore.
Method 3: Manually fixing the Windows components
In case the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and the update didn’t fix the error, the user can repair specific windows components yourself. It should be noted that the user should carry out the below processes under the professional assistance.
- Repairing or reinstalling Microsoft .NET framework
- Repairing Microsoft MSXML
Method 4: Using selective startup mode to install QuickBooks desktop
In case none of the above methods worked, the user is supposed to install QuickBooks in selective start mode i.e. safe mode, as it might fix the error up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, create a backup of the company file and also keep a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license info
- And then, start the system in selective startup mode
- First of all, the user needs to press windows + R keys and then open run command
- And then type in msconfig and then select OK button
- Now, select the selective startup and load system services
- Move to the services tab and then choose hide all Microsoft services
- Followed by selecting disable all option
- Un-check the hide all Microsoft services checkbox
- And also, ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected
- Hit OK
- And then restart
- Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop
- And then switch back to normal startup mode
- Press windows + R keys together to open the Run box
- And then type in msconfig and hit OK button
- From the general tab, select the normal startup
- And hit OK
- Select restart
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175, 0?
Method 5: Closing QBW32.exe process
- Under this method, the user is supposed to right click the windows task bar and then select the option labeled as start task manager
- After that click on the processes tab
- Once done with that, the user can click to the image name header to sort it alphabetically
- Followed by locating it and selecting as EXE
- The last step is to click to the end process tab
Method 6: Perform clean installation of QuickBooks
In case the installation errors continue even after following the above methods, then the user can perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. The steps to be followed in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to download QuickBooks clean install tool.
- After that, from the downloads click on QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe file.
- Followed by clicking on I Accept and choose the QuickBooks version you are using.
- The next step is to click on continue tab and then choose ok
- At the end, the user needs to repair the QuickBooks files and folders and also reinstall the software
Employing any of the above methods can be of great help in tackling the QuickBooks desktop installation errors. However, a situation might arise when none of the above method might work. In such a situation, need not to panic just give us a call at our helpline +1-888-300-3913, and our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified accounting professionals will handle the situation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Installer Error 1722, 1603, 1903
QuickBooks Desktop as like other windows applications requires additional Microsoft components for proper functioning. If Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged, outdated or missing from Windows then QuickBooks encounters error 1722 while installation and operations. Some other errors that appear in the same scenario are error 1603, 1903, and 1904. Today in this article, we will discuss QuickBooks error 1722, which is an installer error that appears while installing QuickBooks on computers running on Windows operating systems along with its causes and resolution so follow the complete article for detailed instructions.
What Causes QuickBooks Installer Error 1722
QuickBooks installation is interrupted by error 1722 only if the Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged/corrupt or outdated or other components of Windows are outdated like MSMXL and C++. Once a user encounter error 1722 error message “Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as the part of the setup did not finished as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomerAction1, location: C:\Users\John\~1.QUA\AppData\Local\Temp\FP_AX_MSI_Installer.exe, command:” appears on users screen. Updating Windows with the latest updates resolve any issues caused by outdated Windows components and you can easily get rid of QuickBooks installer errors like 1722, 1603, 1903, and 1904. Follow the step by step instructions given below to get a quick resolution.
Steps to Repair QuickBooks Desktop Error 1722
Step 1: Resolve Installation Errors using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Click the link and download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the file on your computer’s desktop.
- After the download completes, double-click the downloaded file from the desktop.
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will scan and repair any installation errors automatically and it might take some time that depends on the performance of your computer.
- After QB Install Diagnostic Tool finishes repairing QuickBooks installation error, restart Windows and try installing QuickBooks once again.
Step 2: Install the Latest Microsoft Windows Updates
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in Run Windows’s text box.
- Press Enter and type Windows Update in the search bar at the top.
- Select Windows Update and then hit Check for Updates
- Once Windows find updates to be installed click Update Now.
- Restart Windows when prompted.
- Windows will now install all the latest updates available of Microsoft .NET Framework, C++, and MSMXL.
- After Windows finishes installing all the updates and you get the Desktop screen, try installing QuickBooks once again.
- You can also visit the Microsoft website for support if you are not feeling comfortable performing Windows update or contact us at (844)-888-4666.
IMPORTANT: If you are getting Error, 1603 after you get rid of error 1722, which is quite common, then follow our article on How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1603 for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Step 3: Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework Manually
For detailed instructions on how to reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework follow step 1 from our article on QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error.