A user might encounter QuickBooks Error 6150 is one such error where you find that you are not able to open the “Company file” the screen displays an error messages “Error 6150 and 1006”. The first step here should be to detect the cause and then look for the solution to solve QuickBooks Error codes 6150.
Why QuickBooks Error 6150 Occurs?
Here are the few reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6150
- “QBW” or company file is damaged. You need to create a “Portable backup file.”
- A damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation
- You are trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening QuickBooks.
- A changed or wrongly typed extension for QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save “QuickBooks Macintosh file” while using QuickBooks for Windows.
- The company file is infected with the virus.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
- In case “Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006” message is linked to a “file-extension” of the company file, then you need to consider changing the “File extension” and saving the company file with a correct extension.
- Ensure and verify that “QuickBooks company file” is opening on another computer.
- Then, try to re-install QuickBooks, if the file is not up-to-date,
- After that, you need to save “QB for Macintosh in the Mac system & not in Windows-based system & vice versa)
- Update with a good anti-virus before opening up the “company file.”
Above steps might be enough to solve the errors; however, in many cases, they might not be sufficient enough. Try the below-given methods for addressing the issue.
You May Also Read: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -816
Method 1- You require to Restore from Backup
If the above-provided way was futile in solving QuickBooks Error Codes 6150, then the next best step is to restore the “Company file” from backup. Let’s look at the steps for the same
- Firstly, navigate to QuickBooks
- Next, click File
- Then select” Open or Restore Company
- Afterward, choose to “Restore a backup copy” & click “”
- Select “local backup” & click “”
- Choose the location of “ company file backup” from the “Look-In” drop-down list
- Click “the backup,” and it should be available with a “.qbb” extension
- Now, press “Open” and then click “”
- Go to “Save in” drop-down window & browse to the desired location to restore the backup file.
- In the “File-name” field- type/enter a “new company ”
- And check that the “save as filed” should have been automatically saved to restore file in “.qbw” format.
- Select “Yes”
- Finally, type “Yes” to confirm the overwrite process.
Limitation of the “Backup restore.”
- In many cases, users fail to create a backup file of their “Company file” due to ignorance, or they think they are unnecessary
- The most current / latest up-to-date backup is not available.
- The “Backup restoring” has not provided sufficient results.
Method 2- Create a “New QuickBooks Desktop file” from the beginning.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the “No company open window” and make a new company.
- Navigate to QuickBooks Setup Window & enter the required info.
- Choose “create a company”
- Start with creating customers, the COA & services, etc.
Limitations of “Creating the New QuickBooks Desktop file from the beginning.”
- Cannot access the “Old data.”
- In the absence of the “Old data,” most of the info is incorrect.
- You cannot share the “Desktop file” over the network.
Method 3- Get-back the lost data via “QuickBooks Auto-recovery” method.
- You need to re-make the lost transactions by using the current “Transaction Log file” & a copy of the company file.
- Re-make/ recreate the complete data except for the last hours of the transactions, by making use of the company file and transaction log file.
Limitations of recovery through “QB Auto Recovery.”
- QuickBooks auto recovery is not feasible with QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier & QuickBooks Enterprise.
- It is not available with the “Accountant ”
- There lies a file-size limit ( confined to 1.5 GB only)
- QB Desktop needs to be updated with the latest version.
Last but not least, hopefully, you must have got enough knowledge to fix QuickBooks Error 6150 with the help of this article. Furthermore, if the error problem still doesn’t resolve by you, then call at QuickBooks Customer Help Desk Number +1-888-300-3913 and talk to the team of tech experts. They will help you surely in fixing an error immediately.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
Most users experience an error while working on QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks error 6150, as depicted in the figure below:
If you find yourself in such a situation where you are unable to open your Company file, and the Company File displays an Error 6150 on the screen, then the first step is to find the cause of this error, followed by resolving the error using the best solution.
As per Intuit, QuickBooks error 6150, -1006, “An error code is displayed when Company file is created, opened or used”.
The following causes lead to the display of error message:
- QBW or Company file is damaged. Create a portable backup file
- QB installation is damaged or corrupt
- Opening a portable file (.qbm) without opening the QuickBooks
- You have changed, or wrongly typed Extension for QuickBooks file
- Attempting to save a QuickBooks Macintosh file using QuickBooks for Windows
- Company file is virus infected
Probable solutions for the error:
- If the error message is linked to file-extension of Company file, then consider changing the File extension and saving the Company file with a correct extension
- Verify that the company File is opening on another system
- Re-install QuickBooks if the File is not up-to-date
- Save ‘QuickBooks for Macintosh’ in Mac-system and not Windows-based system and vice versa
- Use a proper antivirus update before opening the Company file
Many a time, the error is not resolved using the above steps. Try the other methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Restore from Backup
One of the measures mentioned above should work to resolve the QuickBooks error 6150; however, if the problem persists after steps-verification, then the next best solution is to restore the Company File from backup. Follow the below-mentioned steps to restore Company File from backup:
- Go to QuickBooks and click on file. Next click on Open or Restore Company
- Select Restore a backup copy and click on Next
- Now, select Local Backup and then click on Next button
- Select the location of Company file backup from the Look-In drop-down menu
- Select the backup It should be available with .qbb extension
- Click on Open followed by Next button
- Go to Save-in drop down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore Backup file
- In the File-name field, type a new Company Filename and check that Save as filed should automatically save the restored file in .qbw format
- Click Yes
- Type YES to confirm the overwrite process
Drawbacks of Backup restore:
- Most users fail to create the backup of their Company File. The reason is either they are not aware of the fact that backup files are equally important or they feel that backups are unnecessary.
- Latest up-to-date backup is not available
- Backup Restore does not provide adequate results
Method 2: Create a New QuickBooks Desktop file from Scratch
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- On the No Company Open window, Create a new Company
- Go to QuickBooks Setup Window and fill-in the required information
- Click Create Company
- Start working by creating customers, chart of account and services and so on
The drawback of creating New QuickBooks Desktop file from Scratch:
- Old data is not accessible
- Most information is amiss in the absence of Old data
- Cannot share Desktop File over the Network
Method 3: Recover lost data with QB Auto-recovery
- Recreate lost transactions by using the current Transaction Log file and a copy of the Company File
- Recreate complete data except for the last few hours of transactions, with the help of Company file and Transaction Log File
Drawbacks of recovery with QB auto recovery:
- Auto recovery not possible with QB Pro, Premier and Enterprise solutions
- Not available with accountant Solutions
- There is file-size limitation (limited to 1.5 GB only)
- Update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest update
Method 4: Use Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software
Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software is compatible with Simple Start, Premier, Professional, and Enterprise editions hence it can recover the components of all QuickBooks version irrespective of what edition you are using. It also supports the advanced recovery of data from the QB backup file, thus ensuring complete recovery in all cases.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 6150
- Install the software. Open and click on Select File button to open the corrupt Company File
- Click on Scan File to start the scanning process
- Verify the file content with the Preview of data available – Company Information and Customer, Vendor, employee and other Information
- Click on Browse button and select the location of New Company file
- Select QuickBooks version (Supports most QB-versions) and click on Start button
The software saves the Verified Company file data at the prescribed location and the QuickBooks error 6150 is no longer available in newly created Company File. Also, it contains all the data available in old Company File.
As errors and problems in QuickBooks continue to interrupt the normal functioning of the software, recovery with Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software is always a sure shot solution. The reason is that the software repairs severely corrupted or damaged QBW files and recovers all components of the company, customers, vendors, and employees. Software supports multiple currencies and helps in recovery of paychecks, payroll transactions and more.
QuickBooks Error Code 6150
In this article, we can see about the error code 6150 you will mostly experience while running the Quick Books Software of your business organization. This article will be helpful for troubleshooting the problem you are facing due to the error code 6150.
What is Quickbooks Error code 6150?
This error happens when the company files are unable to open. You can’t able to open the file because it is damaged or corrupted.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6150:
In this topic, we can see what are all the problems you face if your system software is affected by the QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
- The QuickBooks software is not completely installed on the system in which it is affected by error code 6150.
- The windows registry is corrupted.
- In case the malware or the virus present on the system.
- A number of important files deleted unknowingly.
- The files cannot be downloaded even if you download them it will be corrupted.
- The QuickBooks file extensions are changed.
All kinds of above causes slow the performance of the computer and crash all the software of the system. In order to overcome these issues, you need to read this article completely. The various solutions are provided in the topics given below.
How to fix the issues of the Quickbooks error code 6150?
In this topic, we can see the different solutions to overcome the problems that are stated above. There are three different methods to solve this kind of error. We can see these methods one by one in detail.
Method 1: Perform restore from backup
In this method, we are going to solve the error by restoring the files from the backup documents. The various steps involved in this method are
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Then click on the file menu and the open or you need to restore the company file which is affected.
- For restoring the file select restore a backup copy option and click on the next button to proceed with the steps.
- In the page that appears to choose the local backup copy and then click next.
- In the drop-down menu select the location where the company’s backup file appears.
- Ensure that the backup file that is created is with the extension .qbb.
- Click the open menu to then go option to save the company’s file location in the drop-down menu.
- Type the new filename and check whether the file is saved in the auto restore file with the extension .qbw.
This is one method to solve the QuickBooks error code 6150. If this method does not provide you the solution for the problem then try the other two methods given below.
Method 2: create a new QuickBooks File
In this method, we are going to create a new file for QuickBooks to solve the error. The various steps involved in this method are.
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Create a new company name on the no company open window.
- Then you need to go to the QB setup windows.
- In the window provide the information asked related to your company file.
- After providing all the information correctly.
- Click on the create company option to create a new company for the QuickBooks.
This is the second method to solve the issue of the QuickBooks error code 6150. If you are still facing problem in opening the QuickBooks software because of the error code 6150, then try the other method provided in this article.
Method 3: perform a full malware scan for your device
In this method, we are going to scan your system or device fully, because if your device is affected by the malware then you cannot able to run the QuickBooks Support software efficiently. This affects the accounting activities of your company.
- To scan your device efficiently, you need to install the anti-virus software for your system. This helps to detect if any kind of malware, virus, or threat available in your system.
- If any kind of threat available then remove it or delete it immediately from your computer for preventing from further damage.
- Now, open the company file through the QuickBooks software which you have installed in your system.
If this method also not applicable for you to overcome from the QuickBooks error code 6150 or Quickbooks error code 6140 then contact the technical support assistant of the QuickBooks. They will guide you to overcome from this problem.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150 -1006 & How to Resolve It?
If you are facing issues while creating, opening or working on your company file in QuickBooks, then you might have encountered QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006. Once you encounter this error, you will notice frequent crashes of Windows and QuickBooks application and an error message will pop up on the screen “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006)”. After you click Start, the application crashes again with the same error message displayed on the screen. Follow the complete article for some possible solutions for this error.
Are you looking for an instant solution for error 6150, 1006? Call our Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 for help.
What causes Error -6150, -1006 in QuickBooks?
For any reason, if QuickBooks is unable to access or read the company file, it shows users the error codes -6150 -1006. Down below we have listed all the reasons that can make company file inaccessible or unreadable for QuickBooks:
- The company file that you are trying to access is corrupt or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows.
- Company file is having a different extension than (.QBW).
- Company file is not accessible to QuickBooks in case it has been accidentally deleted by the user or any security application.
- Windows operating system files or company file is infected with a virus or malware.
(NOTE): Most of the times this error is caused by the CryptoWall virus that can also infect Windows system files. To check if your system is infected, open your company file folder and if you see any file with the name of DECRYPT _ INSTRUCTIONS inside the folder it means that your system is infected with this virus. This is a critical situation, and we strongly suggest you call Helpline Number +1-888-300-3913 for urgent support on error -1650, -1006.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 6150 – 1006
Troubleshooting Step 1: Restore the backup of your company file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop application, and from under the File tab click Open or Restore Company File.
- Now click Restore a Backup Copy and then hit Next.
- Checkmark the Local Backup check-box and hit Next.
- Now locate and select the backup of your Company file.
- Hit Open and then select Next.
- Now click Save in drop-down list and select the location to save the backup company file.
- Now under the File Name field, type a name of the file and click Save.
- On the Confirm Save as Window, click Yes.
- Under the Delete Entire File window, type Yes for the confirmation.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Use QuickBooks Auto Data-Recovery to remove QuickBooks Error Codes 6150
- On your Desktop, create a new folder with the name of QB Test.
- Now locate and find .tlg files in your company file folder.
- Copy .tlg file from the company file folder and paste it into the QB Test folder.
- Now open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that you will find inside the company data folder.
- Copy .QBW.adr file from QB Auto Data Recovery folder and paste it into QB Test folder.
- Now under the QB Test folder right click the .QBW.adr file and select Rename.
- Remove .adr from the end of the file name and open QuickBooks application.
- Now open the company file from the QB Test folder.
- Under the File tab click Utilities and select Verify Data to check if the problem is fixed.
- If your issue is resolved then replace the company file in QuickBooks data folder with the company file that is located inside the QB Test folder.
- for more detailed instructions follow our article on QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Scan your computer using Antivirus
For this troubleshooting step, we suggest you install an antivirus application on Windows and scan your system for any viruses. For help, you can also connect with one of our technical experts at our Number (844)-888-4666.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
To rectify Error 6150 -1006, you can also try reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop application if none of the troubleshooting helps
- Hit the Start button on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program.
- Now select QuickBooks application and click Uninstall/Change the app.
- Select Uninstall and follow the instructions for deleting the app.
- Now Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Click I Accept and continue.
- Select the correct QuickBooks version and click Continue.
- Click OK and install QuickBooks.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop app.
Some users might still face QuickBooks error -6150, -1006 in the application even after following all the troubleshooting steps and for the complete resolution, we might need to take a closer look at the error. You can call Support Number +1-888-300-3913 to connect with one of our QuickBooks Desktop experts who will rectify the error for you by utilizing advanced troubleshooting tools.