The demands of the industry have taken a great leap with advancement in the technology. This advancement has caused various updations in accounting process as well. Thus, for an organization, it is essential to use accounting software in order to bring accurate and quick results. Used by small as well as medium sized businesses, QuickBooks is a widely used and popular software that has many features like payroll, accounting, restoring and many more. But it is prone to many errors and this kind of errors can be easily cope up with QuickBooks file doctor. This file doctor tool helps to heal and repair the damages that happen to QuickBooks and its company file.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you if:
You can’t open your company file and get one of the following error messages: –
|QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82||QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -301|
|QuickBooks Error -6000||QuickBooks Error Code -6147-0|
|QB Error Code -6000 -304||QB Error Code -6150|
|Error opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user setup issues||You have missing or blank lists for your customers, vendors, or employees.|
|QuickBooks Error Code H101||Corrupted QuickBooks Company File|
|QuickBooks Error Code H202||Your file is severely damaged and will not open, but you can open sample company files (or other files).|
QB file doctor tool (QBFD) is an application that is offered in integration with QuickBooks. Taking care of all the data repairs, this doctor diagnoses files and repairs all the issues that your system is facing. This is a very useful application but the disaster is on its way if your QuickBooks file doctor is also not working.
Error of ‘File Doctor Not Working Appears’
If your application is hanging due to some repair procedure, then QB file doctor may stop. This stoppage depends on the size of your and its location. This simply indicates that the file has been corrupted and to resolve this error, we need to fix the QBW file.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor is Not Working Error
Considering the application looks after QuickBooks errors, it can be a life saver in many situations. Just what would an user do if the file doctor application itself stops functioning? Think of a situation where your QuickBooks file is dealing with errors, you try to introduce QuickBooks file doctor however it does not start. Just how should you tackle such a circumstance? In that case, there are few steps as given below.
Solution 1: Manually launch QuickBooks file doctor
This can be done by following the steps below
- Launch QuickBooks file doctor and wait until the screen shows a pop-up of ‘No Company Open’
- Then go to Files> Utilities> Click on Repair File and Network Problems. This will lead to the opening of a dialog box.
- Click OK. After this, the application is started by QuickBooks file doctor with the rights of an administrator. In the dialog box, click on Yes.
- There will be a wrench icon to open the QuickBooks file doctor application. Click on Continue.
- Enter your credentials and log into your file. This will start the QuickBooks file doctor to work on repairing your file.
- Choose ‘File Diagnosis Only’ from the option of Advanced Settings.
- Click on Next.
- Once the system prompts, open the file and check if any issue still persists.
Solution 2: Restore the Backup of the damaged Files
Follow the 2 quick steps in order to solve the file doctor not working error.
- Restore all the backup of the damaged file: This will help you replace the damaged file with the one that has backup.
- Launch QuickBooks, go to File and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Next.
- Now click on Local Backup and then, click on Next.
- In the ‘Look In’ drop-down menu box, go to the location of backup file.
- Choose the backup file with .QBB extension and then click Open.
- After this, click on Next.
- There will be a Save In drop down menu, in that, go to the place where you want to restore the file.
- Then save the file with the name as desired. It will automatically take as *.QBW
In case you find that the above method does not work, then you can switch to the next option:
- Auto Data Recovery Option: As soon as your file is created, QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) will start examining and analyzing your file. Once ADR is ensured that the file has no errors, it will save a copy as a backup in ADR folder. And this will continue. After every 12 hours, ADR will take a backup of your file.
Common File Doctor Not Working Error Messages You might see:
You May See One of the Error Message on Your Computer Screen When QuickBooks File Doctor Not Works for you or shows errors. If you are facing Similar Questions mentioned below, you can try the steps mentioned above to fix your problem.
|QuickBooks File Doctor wont Open||QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Hangs||QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode Is Off|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Blank||QuickBooks File Doctor .net Framework|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Not Responding||QBFD.msi error in QuickBooks|
|QuickBooks File Doctor File In Use||QuickBooks File Doctor Fails|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Has Stopped Working||QB File Doctor Not Opening|
|What Are The Areas That QuickBooks File Doctor Can Fix||QuickBooks File Doctor Network Connectivity Greyed Out|
|QB File Doctor Check Network Connectivity Grayed Out||QuickBooks File Doctor Repairing Company File Login|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Stuck On Checking Connectivity||QBFD is Trying To Log In To The Company File|
I hope you find this article about file doctor not working helpful. The above given tips & tricks will keep your QuickBooks data and program safe while the QuickBooks file doctor isn’t working or hanging up periodically. As we all know that the prevention is better than cure. Above given all the procedure is quite easy to understand!
QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working | How to Fix?
QuickBooks is the fruitful accounting software specifically designed to manage account records, sales and other financial activities of small and medium-sized business. There is a repair tool named QuickBooks File Doctor to error-detect and quick fixes the glitches arise in QuickBooks. At some point of time, the utility QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working. The application may stop working because of several reasons. To learn and explore why the ‘File Doctor has stopped working’ and what are its exact possible solution, read out the blog. In this post, we have mentioned in detail form. You can find the information helpful as well as beneficial.
Furthermore, you can take QuickBooks Help from expert team to obtain satisfying solution of your related problem. It would be 100% guaranteed, lending a hand from tech-specialists will effectual and problem gets solving.
Reasons Why QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working
The list of most probable causes for QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working error is noted underneath. Have a glimpse once of them:
- Maybe you try to access the incorporated files
- Tried to restore files but it is not appropriate
- Updating the files
- The error can appear while converting the old version of the company files over a network
- If you miss out some QuickBooks files when installation phase
- The QuickBooks File Doctor Not Workingif the files are damaged, misplaced, and corrupted
Potential Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Error
We compile numerous effective solutions you can give try one-by-one in a way to resolve QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working problem. Let’s begin the provided instructive procedures accordingly.
Guideline 1: Open QuickBooks File Doctor Manually
Sometimes, the issue might be sorted out by simply launching the application manually. Here is how to launch QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Open the File Doctor Utility on system first and wait until the system displays ‘No Company Open’ screen
- Now, go to “File” menu, and then select Utilities –> Repair File and Network Problems
- In the appeared dialog box, click “OK” tab. The QuickBooks file doctor restarts the application with administrator rights
- On the dialog box that displays, click “Yes”
- Click the wrench icon to open the QuickBooks file doctor tool, and click “Continue”
- Afterward, login to your file by entering the login credentials. QuickBooks file doctor will now start working and repairing the errors if detected
- From the “Advanced Settings” tab, select ‘File Diagnosis Only’
- Press “Next” button
- After the system stimulates, open your file and check for the issues or Repairs Needed
If this instructed guidelines not helpful, proceed to the next solution.
Guideline 2: Repair the Corrupted QBW File
Backing-up the file is being helpful in replacing the corrupted files with the saved ones. That’s why; start restoring the backup of your damaged file. To do this, go through the below-provided steps:
- First and foremost, open QuickBooks and then click on the “File” menu
- Now, go to the “Open or Restore Company” option
- Then, Click on the option stating “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and proceed further by pressing the “Next” button
- Select the option “Local Backup” and then tap “Next” button
- A drop-down menu will appear at which you must browse and select the backup file location
- Then after you have to select the file that has a “.QBB extension”
- Now, for further process click on “Open” and press “Next” button
- A “Save In drop-down” menu will display on which you need to select the location for restoring the files
- Mention the name of the file in the name field. A “Save as” field will automatically pop up with the entry of the “*.QBW” file
- You have to click “Save” button to finally save the file that you have shifted from one place to another
Performing this accurately may solve your problem. But in case QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working yet, go to further solution.
Guideline 3: Make Use Of Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks files are auto-examined by the Auto Data Recovery functionality. The process may take couple of hours after the creation of files. For files working without any error, a backup is stored inevitably in the Auto Data Recovery folder. The backup remains stored for 12 hours to 24 hours or as long as the QuickBooks application is open.
In case, the same error still exists, use this option to recover the files and restoring them back again once the application starts working fine.
Guideline 4: Disable Hosting Mode and Configure Antivirus Software
To ensure the ‘File Doctor’ tool is running properly on your system, you have to turn off your system’s hosting mode. Then change the Security Firewall Settings to permit connections remotely from your system. If you are using McAfee antivirus for system security, go to the steps beneath:
- Open McAfee software on Desktop window and click on “Web & Email Protection”
- Now go to Firewall section. Click on “Ports and System Services” tab
- After that click “Add” button
- Now, type eMule under Services Name. In Local TCP/IP ports, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application
- Inside the Local UDP Port, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application
- Now, go to the “Open ports to” and choose “All PCs”
- At the end click “Save” button and restart your system