Amidst the amazing features in QuickBooks Desktop, emailing directly from within QuickBooks save a lot of time and effort doing things. I will very quickly share “how to setup email in QuickBooks” to a narrative of one of my friends have a small business and they use QuickBooks for accounting for years and surprisingly they didn’t know, about QuickBooks email setup.
We had been going to see the local basketball game for many years after work and I never liked getting late for it because of my friend, telling me to wait as he got a handful of Invoices to be emailed to the customers. One evening, I thought to reach out to his home-office without telling him to check his business volume that he tells me about every evening that makes us late.
Then, I found him making the invoices first, then print them, then scan them and finally send as an email attachment to their customers and they were never more than 10 a day. Explained to him about inherent emailing features of QuickBooks Desktop and configured that too. I was rewarded with a pitcher full draught beer that evening and we never got late for anything pleasurable to us ever. Next morning, I sat to scribble to help others using QuickBooks Desktop to take benefit of the “QuickBooks email setup” too. Take a Look.
Benefits of QuickBooks Email Setup:
- Ease of directly emailing Invoices, Estimates to your customers.
- Send Payment Reminders to your customers via emails.
- The details are automatically fetched from the customers and vendors.
- You can import data from spreadsheets and add more attachments up to 2 MB’s.
- QuickBooks Emailing can also be used for sharing reports within offices or departments.
Requirements for QuickBooks Email Setup
- An email address from any of the service provider.
- Email username and password.
- Incoming and Outgoing email settings (varies as per the email service provider)
- Details of the server type.
Methods to Setup Emailing Services in QuickBooks:
There are numerous ways for setting up email in QuickBooks regardless of the version that you have. You can use any of your existing email that you use for your business communication or you can use a new one. Almost every email service is support for emailing from QuickBooks. The most common are listed below:
- QuickBooks Email Service.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- Web Email (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook.com etc.)
- Others (AT&T, Verizon, AOL etc.)
Option 1: How to Setup Email service in QuickBooks?
- Select QuickBooks Email Settings while setting up the email in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Email option can only be used by the users having any of the active Intuit services like QuickBooks Payroll, IMS ( Intuit Merchant Services ), QuickBooks Enterprise Full Service Plan, QuickBooks Billing Solutions or Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (You can follow the onscreen setup wizard instructions)
- Fill in the required fields requesting email address, username, password and the applicable incoming. And outgoing email settings and server details and you have done for emailing.
As QuickBooks doesn’t save a copy of the emails that you send. It recommended to enter any of your email address for tracking purposes.
Option 2: Setup “QuickBooks Email via Outlook”?
Your outlook profile can easily link to QuickBooks Desktop in order to send Invoices, Estimates, Reports to your vendors and clients and they go as PDF attachment with the email. You can set it up following simple steps underneath.
- Configure the Outlook with the email address that you wish to use for emailing from QuickBooks is it is not.
- Open you QuickBooks and open the Edit menu from the menu bar on the top.
- Select Preferences and then Send Forms.
- Go to My Preferences and select the Outlook Radio out of the three options that you see and click
- Close the Preferences Window and try emailing something to yourself from QuickBooks for testing purposes.
Option 3: Setup “QuickBooks Emailing via Webmail” option
If you have emailing hosting service from Gmail or Yahoo or you have a mail account with them. You can link it for sending email from QuickBooks with easy steps. Which are almost similar but a bit different in terms of SSL Security, SMTP Server and Port Configuration that may differ as per the email service providers.
- Open the Edit menu and select
- Select Send Forms from the left pane.
- Select My Preferences Tab and select the Webmail Radio out of the options that you see.
- Enter the email address that you wish to use for QuickBooks Emailing choose the
- SSL Security checkbox should be select as information from your service provider.
- Put the correct SMTP Server and Port Configuration and Click OK and try sending the email to yourself and check if you receive it fine.
I hope you won’t miss or get late for anything pleasurable to you and you are able to “send the emails from QuickBooks” now. For more clarification or “QuickBooks email setup” contact our QuickBooks Support at +1-888-300-3913 (Toll-Free) for instant support.
QuickBooks Invoicing For Gmail: Send Invoice To Your Customer Through Gmail
QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail is simply mean that way to invoice your customers from within your Gmail inbox. QB Invoicing for Gmail, this app launching by Intuit. This is easy to handle and use. You directly connected with QuickBooks online invoice to your Gmail dashboard, so it is very convenient to use. QuickBooks online account easily to connect with it and get free invoicing. The main target of this app is the very small business.
How to Connect With Gmail?
Now One question arises in your mind Do I have to currently use QuickBooks Online to send an invoice?
Firstly you logging your Gmail account then go to the G Suite Marketplace.
Establish the QuickBooks invoicing for the Gmail app, select it and click the Install link. You carefully establish this app because there are many other QuickBooks app here, you choose the right one.
Next Step, return to your Gmail dashboard and open email messages and check the “QB” icon on the right.
Now click that “QB” icon and then click the Authorize Access link.
Now you need to allow the app to access your account.
You have to see the option to connect the existing account or to sign up for a new account.
For example, you connect to your existing QuickBooks Online Accountant account.
When we use multiple accounts or any other client account I would click the Add app to firm link.
Now you connect this app to your firm for testing.
Click the Confirm button, now we are connected and ready to create the invoice from Gmail.
Finally, you open an email message to create an invoice and when you create an invoice you viewing an invoice, click the “QB” icon and new invoice window opens on the right.
When a new invoice is open looking into the detail:
Mostly user say that How do I add my logo to an invoice? its answer is very simple.
Your company logo was automatically added to the top, and it will show on invoices. You also can add this in the app settings.
When the customer receives a mail from Gmail such as I’ve opened here, if this matches an existing customer name in my QuickBooks online support list then the invoice is added to that account. It doesn’t match the list then a new customer will be added to QuickBooks online list, any time search it with the customer name.
The customer email address is taken from Gmail message.
You easily to click the link to Add a product or services or add a new item here
This sets the due date for the invoice
You can compose a message for the invoice, there is a default entered for you to start with
Add Product services:
When you start a typing a name of product or service line, you have seen some matching list are available of typing name, this automatically comes from QuickBooks Online product/service list. If you find other names from matching list you easily added the item to your list.
Subscription fees for QuickBooks Invoicing
QB invoicing does not have a monthly subscription fee. If your customers pay invoices online so transaction fees apply.
Bank : Transfer cost $1.50/transaction
Credit Cards: cost 2.9%+ 25 cents/transaction
The rate field shows the options of Flat rate, By Hour, or By Quantity.
By Hour: If you select this option the screen changes to ask you for the hours or quantity.
You can edit the Description and Price field.
Taxable Switch: It determines when sales tax is to be applied to this item if the item is marked as being taxable, it shows as being taxable here.
Now clicking Add button to add this to the invoice, returning to the invoice. You can easily see that the item and a sales tax line has been added.
If sales tax default to the settings you have in your existing QuickBooks Online account, so you easily edit this setting.
The term field has these options:
In 7 days
30 days Custom due date
If you select Custom due date you can enter a specific date.
After completing the invoicing you have many doubts and questions, but you don’t afraid of this because we clarify your doubts.
Can I send a copy of the invoice email to myself?
Ans: You can only send an invoice to one recipient.
How do I add or edit my bank account?
Ans: Its very simple you go on Gmail add-on, go to the menu > Settings. Select Manage, now you add or edit your bank information in the new tab.
What are the different ways I can accept payments from my customers with my account?
Ans: Firstly you Email an invoice that your customer can pay online and second is take a credit card in QuickBooks invoicing using a Receive Payment
Is there a fee to process a refund?
How can I change the information on my account?
Ans: Select the Gear icon at the top, then Accountant Settings
Company tab-Customer facing information
Payments tab-payment account information
QuickBooks Invoicing For Gmail: Send Invoice to Your Customer Through Gmail
Send Invoices From QuickBooks To Gmail – An A To Z Guide
After QuickBooks Online teamed up with Google, it has been as simple as possible for you to invoice your clients from within your Gmail inbox. An add-on, QB invoicing for Gmail is entrenched within the inbox of your Gmail account and is simple to us. With this feature, you can now create invoices for your customers from the data available in your email.
After an invoice is created in Gmail, it will be synced to QuickBooks Online. Intuit has also launched an app called “QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail” to make the work of the business owners simpler. The app is highly recommended for small businesses.
Tips to Connect with Gmail
It’s not necessary for you to be an existing user of QuickBooks Online to send an invoice.
Login to your Gmail account and go to the G Suite Marketplace.
- You can install “QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail” and create the invoicing.
- There are multiple QuickBooks apps, thus you should be careful while establishing this app in choosing the appropriate app.
- Then return to your “Gmail dashboard” and open “Email inbox” and find the “QuickBooks icon” on the right.
- Click the “QB” icon and then the “Authorize Access link“.
- Allow the app to access your account.
- Find the option that would allow you to connect existing account or to “Sign up” for a “New account“.
- When we use more than one accounts or any other client account, click the “Add app” to firm link.
- Connect QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail app to your firm for testing.
- Click the “Confirm tab” and get connected and ready to create the invoice from Gmail.
- Now, you can open an email message to create an invoice, and while creating and viewing an invoice, click the “QB” icon and new invoice window would open on the right.
Add the Logo on an Invoice
You can easily add your logo to an invoice using both “Gmail and QuickBooks invoicing”.
- Look at the top of the screen, and you will find your “Company logo” added there. It will automatically show on invoices. This can also be added in the app settings.
- When you “Send an invoice” to a customer and that customer’s name already exists in your QuickBooks online support list, the invoice will be added to the account.
- In case the name of the customer is not in the existing list then a new customer need to be added to the QB Online list so that you can search it later with the client name.
- If the customer “Email address” is occupied from Gmail message, you can click the link to “Add a product” or “Services” or add a “New item” here.
- This act will also set the due date for the invoice.
- You can also “Create a message” for the invoice instead of the default one available for you to use.
Adding the Product services
If you type a name of a product or service line, a matching list will appear. This list automatically shows up from QuickBooks Online product and service list.
If you find other names from matching list, you can easily add those product or services to your list.
Fees for QuickBooks Invoicing Subscription
- This feature has no monthly subscription fee. However, a transaction fee will apply if your customers pay invoices online.
- Bank & Credit Cards Fees: For Bank Transfers the cost will be $1.50/transaction and for Credit Cards, the cost is “2.9%+ 25 cents/transaction“.
- In the rate field, you can find the options of Flat rate, By Hour, or By Quantity.
- Buy Hour: If you select “by hour” option, you will be asked for the hours or quantity.
- You can change or edit the Description and Price sections.
- Taxable Switch: Taxable Switch determines when sales tax is to get applied to this product. In case the product is marked as a taxable item, it would show as being taxable here.
- When you click Add button to include this to the invoice and return to the invoice, you can easily point out that the item and a sales tax line has been added.
- If sales tax is default to your existing QuickBooks Online account settings, you can easily edit this setting.
The term field will have the following options:
- Due today
- In 7 days
- 15 days
- 30 days Custom due date
In case you choose Custom due date, you can put in a specific date.
FAQs about QuickBooks Invoicing For Gmail
There might be some questions that may be arising in your mind after completing the invoicing for Gmail. Here we have included some of the most probable queries for you:
✔ Question: Is it possible to send a copy of the invoice email to self?
Answer: No. You can send an invoice to just one recipient.
✔ Question: How can I add or edit my bank account?
Answer: Go on “Gmail add-on > the menu > Settings > Manage“. This section will allow you to add or edit your bank information in the new tab.
✔ Question: What are the different methods through which I can accept payments from my customers with my account?
Answer: There are two ways to accept payments:
- Email an invoice to your customer stating that they can pay online.
- Take a credit card detail in QuickBooks Invoicing through a Receive Payment.
✔ Question: Will there be any fee to process a refund?
✔ Question: How can I change the information on my account?
Answer: Click the “Gear icon” at the top and go to Accountant Settings/company setting
- Company tab-Customer facing information
- Payments tab-payment account information
We hope that this blog post furnishes you with all the information you require in regards to QuickBooks Invoicing for Gmail.