QuickBooks Error 15102 While Updating Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop
Quickbooks Desktop is accounting software that provides its users with a hassle-free running of payroll. It automatically calculates and runs payroll as often as you need. But often you face some errors while downloading your payroll updates. Quickbooks error 15102 is one of them. QuickBooks Basic Payroll, QuickBooks Standard Payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll or QuickBooks Assisted Payroll calculates each employee’s gross pay, the net pay. It keeps track of all your tax liabilities so that you don’t miss out on them.
Here we will be discussing the most ideal solution for fixing QuickBooks Error 15102 which you may encounter while downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15102
- When the specified download link is invalid and the shared download option is turned on.
- Another possible reason is that maybe you are running QuickBooks in terminal services environment in multi-user mode
- You aren’t using the latest version of the software.
- If you aren’t running the application as an administrator or logged in as windows administrator.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15102
Method 1: Switch to single user mode
As the company file can be accessed by only one person, it is necessary to switch to single user mode if you are using multi-user mode. So to do this, In QuickBooks, Go to the file menu and then click on single user mode.
Method 2: Confirm the mapped file location is accurate.
- Press F2. This will open the product info window. Then once you find the mapped location path and jot it down.
- Now Go to the Help Menu & click on Update QuickBooks.
- Next to authenticate that the info in download location is accurate click on the Options tab.
- If the shared download is set to YES then the drive in Download Location has to be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window.
- If the shared download is set to NO then the directory in Download Location has to be the same as QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
- You have to change the state of location if the location has been as incorrect.
- Replace YES with NO if YES is selected for shared download and then click save.
- Replace NO with YES If NO is selected for shared download and then click save.
- Now click close
- Now download the latest tax table once again.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
Method 3: Remap the drive to a new letter, in case of the accurate download location
- Firstly you have to Close QuickBooks company file.
- Now Map your drive to a new Drive Letter
- By going to the mapped drive, Open the Company File.
- Select Help and then click on Update Quickbooks.
- After that click on the Options tab.
- Now Turn Off shared download with the help of options tab and then Turn it ON again.
- Check and confirm that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Now select Save.
- After that close the application.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- Go to QuickBooks icon and right click on it.
- After that click on “Run As Administrator” option.
- Select Continue when the User account control (UAC) prompts to run the application.
- Now simply reset QuickBooks updates.
Still getting QuickBooks Error 15102, quickly get in touch with our QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 and speak to technical experts to fix the issue without a minute delay.
QuickBooks Error 15102 | Try these Three Steps to Fix
QuickBooks is a robust application designed to serve various business needs, including payroll processing. Errors are quite common while using the app, and most of the errors arise while updating the app and its features. QuickBooks however, notify users to follow the recommended procedure to avoid such error, and when the recommendations are avoided, QuickBooks become vulnerable to errors. One such error that we are going to discuss in this article is QuickBooks Error 15102, which is a payroll update error and appears when a user tries to download or install the latest payroll updates for detailed instructions follow the entire article until the end.
Call Support Number (844)-888-4666 & Get Help Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102 Directly from Certified Experts
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 – Description
QuickBooks Payroll update requires various system resources to complete like properly functioning internet connection, Windows Admin Rights, and access to the update file download location. If any of the required components, stop functioning QuickBooks throw errors. Once you encounter payroll update error 15102 QuickBooks will display “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. Down below, we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks to display error code 15102.
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102
- You are using an incorrect download location path, or the download location is not available to download the updates.
- You are running QuickBooks in Multi-User mode.
- The error also appears when you are not logged in with an admin account on Windows Vista operating system.
IMPORTANT: Before troubleshooting the error, make sure you have an active QuickBooks Payroll subscription and the Desktop app is updated to the latest released version.
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15102
Solution 1: Enable Single User Mode in QuickBooks
- If you are using QuickBooks in Multi-User mode, then first log out all the users in the network.
- Open QuickBooks on the Workstation that is experiencing the problems during the update.
- Click Switch to Single User under the File menu.
- Try to Update QuickBooks Payroll once again.
Solution 2: Verify Shared Download Location
- Open QuickBooks and from under the Help tab click Product Information.
- Note down the location where the file is being downloaded.
- Now from under the Help tab click Update QuickBooks.
- Now verify the download location under the Options tab.
- In case if the location is not correct, then change the location and select Yes for Shared Download and click Save.
Solution 3: Login as an Administrator on Windows
- Click the Start button and select Switch User option.
- Choose an account that has administrative rights.
- Log in using the admin account.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Run payroll updates once again and check if you are still getting the payroll update error 15102.
Some users have reported getting the same error code 15102 ever after applying the suggested troubleshooting method, and if this is also the case with you then you, need to contact Support for help. We might require to use advanced tools to rectify the QuickBooks error 15102 and you can call Helpline Number +1-888-300-3913 for immediate help and assistance.
Ways to fix the QuickBooks error code 15102
Here is how you can resolve the QuickBooks error code 15102:
Accounting has undergone a sea change with the coming of Intuit’s software QuickBooks. Today, this application is being used all over the world by companies big or small. QuickBooks is known for its powerful features which helps businesses in managing their finances, inventory, and payroll. Each year a new version of the software is launched by Intuit with newer and better features.
Often while using QB users do face many errors and technical glitches. These can be easily fixed but at times for the complicated ones you require expert guidance. A common issue is the QuickBooks error 15102. This error occurs when the user tries to download a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update. Before resolving the issue, it is very important to know about its causes.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error occurs:
Error 15102: Failed to reset update.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss all possible fact related to QuickBooks error code 15102. However, in case you feel tackling this error is not your cup of tea, then we would highly recommend you to get in touch with a professional. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. Contacting our technical support team will help you in getting rid of this error without any kind of further mess. Our certified accounting professionals do not leave any stone unturned in providing the best possible support to QB users across the globe. Give us a call and leave the rest on our experts.
You might also like: What are the solution of QuickBooks error 6000?
Causes of QuickBooks error code 15102
There can be various reasons behind of occurring this error. Few are as:
- The error 15102 occurs when the download link is invalid, and the shared download option is turned on
- The QuickBooks is being run in the terminal service environment in multi-user mode
- It can also occur if you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks
- If you are not running the application as an administrator or you are not logged in the windows administrator
- In case you are using Windows Vista operating system, you are not logged in as Windows Admin or running the application as Administrator.
You have an active payroll subscription with your QuickBooks desktop.
How to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15102?
Checkout the following given steps in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 When Downloading Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update:
Solution 1: Switch to the Single-User Mode
If you are using multi-user mode switch to the Single-user mode, so that the company file can only be accessed by only one person.
Solution 2: Verify if the Mapped Location is Accurate
- Click on F2 as this will open the Product Information window. You will come across the mapped location path, note it down. (For example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name])
- Once done go to the Help Menu and then tap on Update QuickBooks
- In order to authenticate the information in the download location is accurate you have to click on the Options tab
- In case the Shared Download is set as YES then ensure that the drive in the Download Location has to be the same drive that is there in the Product Information Window
- If the Shared Window is set as NO, then you have to make sure that the directory in the Download Location is also same as the one in the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Should you find the location as incorrect then you have to change the state of location
- If Yes is selected in the shared download, then change with NO and then click on Save
- And if No is selected in the shared download then make to Yes and again click on Save
- Once done, click on the Close tab
- Now you have to download the payroll tax table again
See it also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 61689
Solution 3: In case of Accurate Download Location, Remap the drive to a new letter
- First thing to do is close the QuickBooks company file
- After that Map your Drive to a new Drive letter
- Now go to the Mapped Drive and open the company file
- Now you have to select the Help tab and then click on Update QuickBooks
- Once done, click on the Options tab
- With the help of the options tab turn off the shared download and again turn it on
- After this you have to check if the download location is using the newly created mapped drive letter
- Select Save tab
- Now close the application
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as administrator
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks icon and then right click on it
- Now you have to click on the Run as Administrator option
- Choose the Continue tab when the User Account Control gives the command to run the application
- Once done, now reset the QuickBooks updates
See Also: Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error C=1304
The QuickBooks error code 15102 can be easily fixed through the above methods steps. If you get stuck or have any queries then QuickBooks enterprise technical support team are there to help you out. They are well trained experts who are 24/7 available to help you with any QB issue.
Giving us a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913 can help you in getting rid of the error without any further mess.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 15102 when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update
One of the common QuickBooks Error is 15102 which users often get when downloading a payroll or update QuickBooks desktop. In this article we will discuss about its possible causes as well as ways to fix this error. After applying these given steps, you will able to download the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update.
Why QuickBooks error 15102 happens?
- When QuickBooks Desktop is running in a terminal services environment in the multi-user mode.
- When a specified download location is inaccessible or invalid and the shared Download is turned on.
- This issue also happens if the user is not logged in as Windows Administrator or running the application as Administrator and using Windows Vista.
How to to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
Below are the steps you need to follow to resolve this issue. Once it gets sorted you will be able to download and the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update. And you also need an active payroll subscription.
Important: The error may happen if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. In that case you have to reset your program then update and download the latest table tax again.
1. If you are using multi-user mode then switch to the single user mode
2. Do ensure that the mapped file location is correct
- In order to open the Product Information window press ‘CTRL +1‘ and then find the mapped path for example ‘[x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]‘ and write it down.
- Select ‘Help‘ and Update QuickBooks.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Options tab‘ and ensure that the information in Download location is correct.
- Also note that the drive in the download location should be same drive that appears in the Product Information window if shared Download is set to ‘Yes‘.
- Even the directory in the ‘Download Location‘ should be same as the QuickBooks Desktop Installation directory and when shared it is set to ‘NO‘.
- In case the location is incorrect then change the state of the location and choose one of the following.
- Select ‘No‘ for Shared Download if ‘Yes‘ is selected for Shared Download. Click on ‘Save‘ but if ‘No‘ is selected for shared download then choose ‘Yes‘.
- Now click on ‘Save‘.
- After this Click close and download the latest tax table again.
3. Remap the drive to a new letter if the download location is correct
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks Company File.
- Now remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file by using new mapped-drive letter.
- After this select ‘Help‘ and then ‘Update QuickBooks‘.
- Now ‘Click‘ on the ‘Options‘ tab.
- Now turn the shared Download off and then back on again.
- Also check if the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on ‘Save‘ and then ‘Close’.
- After this is done download the latest tax table again.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 17337?
4. If you continue to have issues with Windows Vista, run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- First right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘ from the Desktop.
- Now click on continue when the ‘User Account Control‘ asks you to run this application.
- After this reset the QuickBooks updates.
I hope this article help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15102, If still the problem persists then you can give us a call in our toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our QuickBooks Payroll Support experts will help you by giving a quick solution to it.