If you have encountered QuickBooks error 41 while using QuickBooks accounting software, then it must be a quite frustrating moment for you. And the error can hamper the productivity of your business. There could be multiple reasons for the occurrence of the error like it could be a technical error, banking, or accounting errors. Before getting involved in much guesswork, let’s dig into the details of what QuickBooks error 41 is all about. You will encounter the particular error in case an older version of a print driver activation code is used for a newer version of the driver. Besides, the error will be visible on the system screen when installing or using the QuickBooks PDF converter.
Sometimes, it becomes difficult for QuickBooks users to differentiate between the exact error or system issues. Thus, before reaching to the error solutions of QuickBooks error 41 we should understand the ins and outs of the error occurrence.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 41
Here are the probable reasons that lead to QuickBooks error 41:
- You may lead to error 41 in case you have opened lots of applications on the computer system.
- Automatically shutting down of QuickBooks software on the system.
- The error may occur if QuickBooks gets crashed or freezes.
- When installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks on the working system becomes difficult.
- Windows updating issue in the machine.
- It occurs because of the slow performance of the personal computer.
- Last but not the least, the error may also pop up on your system screen if you have experienced a blue screen of death error while working on QuickBooks software.
How to fix QuickBooks error 41 is the common question that is generally asked by its users after knowing the probable reasons. So, why not implement the right solutions at the drop of a hat.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 2107?
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 41
These are the salient solutions given to help you get rid of QuickBooks error 41:
Solution 1- Restart your PC
You will be performing these solutions to eliminate QuickBooks error 41.
- In the beginning, you need to click on the Start option or press the Win key.
- Click the right- arrow that is next to the shutdown button.
- Finally, select the restart option from the menu.
Solution 2- Correct Printing Permission
- Initially, you have to open the printers control panel in Windows.
- Next, you have to right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writer option.
- Thirdly, select printer properties or properties option.
- Click on the security tab and choose everyone user group option.
In case you didn’t find everyone group in the list, then follow these steps:
- To begin with, click add option and then you have to type everyone in the field.
- Then, select check names and click on check names.
- In the third step, open the allow column and choose print>ok.
- Run the command c:\Windows\System 32\spool in Windows Explorer.
- Choose printers>properties>security tab>edit>add.
- And add local service.
- Check that the local service has full control.
- Click on ok option.
- Lastly, create .PDF file in QuickBooks.
Solution 3- Download and Install the Fix Tool
- You have to download and install the fix tool on your system.
- Now, select scan option.
- You need to click on the repair after the completion of the scanning process.
- Restart QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Disable Services from Startup
- Initially, click the start button and then you will be typing “msconfig” in the open box.
- In the service tab, you have to select disable all.
- With this, open the startup tab and then choose disable All > ok.
- You will be restarting your computer system.
- If “system configuration utility” displays on the screen then you have to verify the Don’t show this message or start the system configuration utility
- Then, select ok option.
- Finally, reopen QuickBooks and confirm that error code 41 is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall the USB Composite Device
- First of all, click on the start option.
- Now, in the Run Window option, add devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- After wards, choose (+) sign.
- You need to click on the USB composite device.
- Click on the uninstall option and then press ok.
- You have to reconnect the USB cable with the PC.
Follow the directives for installing the drivers in the found new:
- You need to right-click on the printer icon option.
- Choose the print test page for printing a Windows self-test page.
- Finally, shut down all the Windows opened on your system screen.
If none of these error solutions work in fixing QuickBooks error 41, then get connected with the technical expert team for further guidance.
It is expected that the blog has assisted you in knowing what QuickBooks error 41 is all about. The blog has also explained to you the genuine reasons for the error occurrence. Furthermore, you will be capable to resolve QB error via implementing the given solutions. The solutions are comprehensively explained to you so that you can perform the steps easily.
2. How to Fix QuickBooks Error 41?
If you have encountered QuickBooks error 41 while using the QuickBooks accounting software, it must have been quite a frustrating time for you. And the mistake can hurt the productivity of your business. There can be many reasons for an error to occur, such as a technical, banking, or accounting error. Before we get into a lot of guesswork, let’s take a detailed look at what QuickBooks Error 41 is. You will face a particular error in the case where an old version of the printer driver activation code is used for the new version of the driver. Also, the error will appear on the system screen while installing or using QuickBooks PDF Converter.
Sometimes it becomes difficult for QuickBooks users to tell the difference between an exact error or system issues. So, before we get to the QuickBooks error 41 error solution, we need to understand the ins and outs of the error that occurs.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 41
Here are the possible reasons that caused QuickBooks error 41:
- You may get error 41 if you have opened multiple applications on the computer system.
- Automatic shutdown of the QuickBooks software on the system.
- An error can occur if QuickBooks crashes or hangs.
- The task becomes difficult when installing or uninstalling QuickBooks on the system.
- Windows update problem in the machine.
- This happens because of the slow performance of the personal computer.
- Last but not least, the error may also appear on your system screen if you have encountered a blue screen of death error while working on the QuickBooks software.
How to fix QuickBooks error 41 is a common question that is usually asked by its users after knowing the possible reasons. So why not implement the right measures in the blink of an eye.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 41
Here are the top solutions offered to help you get rid of QuickBooks Error 41:
Solution 1- Restart your PC
You will apply these solutions to eliminate QuickBooks error 41.
- First of all, you have to click on the Start option or press the Win key.
- Click the right arrow next to the Stop button.
- Finally, choose the Restart option from the menu.
Solution 2- Correct print authorization
- Initially, you have to open the Printers Control Panel in Windows.
- Then you have to right-click on the Microsoft XPS document writing option.
- Third, select the Printer Properties or Properties option.
- Click on the Security tab and select the All Users group option.
If you can’t find the Everyone group in the list, follow these steps:
- To start, click Add an option, then you’ll need to type all in the field.
- Then select Check Names and click Check Names.
- In the third step, open the Permission column and select Print > OK.
- Run the C:\Windows\System32\spool command in Windows Explorer.
- Select Printer > Properties > Security Tab > Edit > Add.
- And add a local service.
- Verify that the local service has full control.
- Click on the OK option.
- Finally, create an a. PDF file in QuickBooks.
Solution 3- Download and install the repair tool
- You need to download and install the repair tool on your system.
- Now choose the Scan option.
- After the scanning process is completed you have to click on Repair.
- Restart the QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Disable Startup Services
- Initially click on the start button and then you will type “msconfig” in the box that opens.
- In the Services tab, you need to select Disable All.
- With it open the Start tab and then select Disable All > OK.
- You will restart your computer system.
- If “System Setup Utility” is displayed on the screen, you should check the message Do not show this message or start the System Setup utility
- After that select the OK option.
- Finally, reopen QuickBooks and confirm if error code 41 is resolved.
Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall USB Composite Device
- First, click on the Start option.
- Now add devmgmt.msc to the Run window option and press Enter.
- After rooms, select the (+) sign.
- You have to click on USB Composite Device.
- Click on Uninstall option and then click on OK.
- You will need to reconnect the USB cable with the PC.
Follow the instructions to install the drivers in the newly found one:
- You have to right-click on the printer icon option.
- Select Print Test Page to print the Windows Self-Test page.
- Finally, close all the open windows on your system screen.
If none of these error solutions fix QuickBooks error 41, contact the technical team for further advice.
It is hoped that this blog has helped you to find out what is QuickBooks Error 41. The blog also told you about the real reasons why the error occurred. Moreover, you will be able to solve the QB error by applying the given solutions. The solution is explained to you in detail so that you can do the steps easily.
After following the above solutions, if you are still unable to fix QuickBooks error 41, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling toll-free.
3. QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error 41 – How to Fix It?
Learn the ways to resolve QuickBooks error 41 while you try to create, print or email a pay stub or payroll reports:
Bumped into Error code 41 and unable to come out of it? Well, need not worry anymore, as we have come with this article, where we will be endowing you with the causes and some effective solutions to the QuickBooks error code 41. QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error 41 is usually seen when QB uses an older version of the print driver activation code, for a newer version of driver. Not only this, but this error can also occur, if the integrated QuickBooks PDF Converter or the driver licensed by QuickBooks is in use. This kind of error can be quite annoying to tackle, however, reading this blog post might help in that case.
If you are short of time, or if in case you find this error too difficult to tackle, then do not think much in contacting our technical support team . Our experts and highly qualified accountants and professionals are available round the clock to fix issue in the least possible time.
Sources of QuickBooks Error code 41
- The QuickBooks error 41 can be seen due to the blue screen of death error while working on QuickBooks software
- Or, if the system is performing quite slow
- The error can also be seen, when the installation of QuickBooks on the working system is facing any kind of difficulty
- Another reason behind the occurrence of this error can be any kind of windows updating issue
- QuickBooks crashes or freezes for some time
- Also, if the QB software shuts down automatically
- This kind of error can also be seen if the user has opened up multiple applications at the same time on the system.
After you know the factors that are causing the issue, it is time to start with the fixation process.
Basic steps to fix the error
The user can carry out some basic steps to fix the error code 41, which involves restarting the system:
- Click on the Start option and press the windows key
- And then click the right arrow next to the shutdown tab
- And lastly, select the restart option
At times, restarting the system resolved the issues. Thus, carrying out this basic step is recommended. However, if the error continues, make sure to continue with the advanced steps.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 41
Checkout the below given methods in order to resolve QuickBooks error 41:
Method 1: QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair tool from QuickBooks tool hub
Step 1- Download and install QuickBooks Tool hub
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software
- And then, download the QuickBooks Tool hub file, followed by saving the file somewhere
- After that, the user needs to open the file downloaded i.e. QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to carry out the on screen prompts, in order to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step in the process is to double click the icon on the Windows Desktop to open the QuickBooks tool hub, when the install finishes.
The point to be noted here is that, if the user is unable to find the icon, then he/she is supposed to search it in windows and then select the Program.
Step 2- Run PDF & Print repair tool from the QuickBooks tool hub
- The user is required to select the Program Problems option in the QuickBooks tool hub
- Followed by selecting QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. This might take a few minutes to run.
- And then, the user needs to make an attempt to print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks desktop.
The user can move to the next solution, in case the error doesn’t get fixed.
Method 2: Resetting the temp folder permissions
Step 1- Reset the temp folder permissions
In case the error continues to appear on the screen, the user needs to reboot the system and then try once again. The user is needed to check the folder permissions to the TEMP folder:
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys, which would open up the Run window on the screen
- And then, type in %TEMP% and then hit Enter key
- Moving ahead, the user needs to right click the empty area of the temp folder, followed by selecting the Properties option
- The next step in the process is to click on the Security tab.
- Now, the user needs to make sure that all the usernames and groups on the security tab have Full Control
- The last step in the process is to save as a PDF again within QuickBooks, after the permissions have been set up to Full Control.
Step 2: Verifying you can print to the XPS
The user is supposed to confirm that he/she can print to the XPS Document writer.
- Open up the notepad.
- And then, type in Test, followed by selecting the file and then selecting the Print option
- After that, the user needs to select the XPS document writer and then hit Print option
- The next step in the process is to type a filename and then save it to the desktop.
- Moving ahead, the user should move to the desktop and then see the XPS document that has been printed from the notepad.
Method 3: Disabling the services from startup
- In this method, the user is required to hit the Start tab and then type in misconfig in the open box
- The next step is to select the disable all option
- Followed by opening the startup tab and picking the disable all and ok option respectively
- The process will then require rebooting the system
- And then, in case the system configuration utility option displays on the screen, then the user will have to authenticate the Don’t show message or start the system configuration utility
- After that, hit OK option.
- And then, reopen the QuickBooks software to confirm that the error code 41 is fixed.
Method 4: Downloading and installing the Fix tool
- The very first step in this method is to download and install the fix tool.
- Followed by selecting the Scan option
- Along with that, the user needs to click on the Repair option, in order to fix all the errors, once the scan process is complete
- The last step in this process is to restart the QuickBooks software and then look for the error, whether it exists or not.
Method 5: Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB composite device
- Firstly, click on the Start option
- And then, add devmgmt.msc in the run window and hit enter key
- The next step is to select the plus sign
- And click on the USB composite device
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on the uninstall option and then hit OK key
- And then, reconnect the USB cable with the PC
The user needs to follow the directives for installing the drivers in the found new:
- Firstly, right click the printer icon
- And then select the print test page for printing a windows self test page
- And lastly, shut down all the windows opened on the system screen.
Performing any of the above discussed solutions can work well in fixing the QuickBooks error code 41. This error code can be a bit frustrating, but carrying out the rectification methods in a proper manner might work well. However, if you feel that this error is too tough to be fixed, or if you want a team of experts and certified professionals to fix the issue for you, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team , and we will be there to assist you in a single call.
Our experts will be available round the clock to fix the error for you. Thus, do not waste your time in thinking much, simply reach us today! We will be happy to help you!