Are you troubling with Error 15215 in your QuickBooks Desktop when downloading payroll updates? Well, this is a typical error code that majorly occurs at the time of updating the payroll & maintenance release. Also it can caused due to the limitation where it access and the server gets failed to respond.
While downloading the QB payroll updates, you will see the following warning error message:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
This error may put some of the restriction to the access to the server that leads to low or no response. The most important thing is that a QB user should consider is – software updates & upgrades after regular interval of time. If you need any help or you have any query – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks payroll support team anytime to save your time and efforts. In this post, we are discussing how a user can resolve this QuickBooks error code 15215 and what are the causes and symptoms behind to this error.
The Image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Checkout the potential signs that indicate that QB software suffering from Error 15215:-
- When the QB error code 15215 occurs – it crashes all the active programs & applications.
- System gets corrupted while running the same program simultaneously.
- “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature” message is displays.
- Slow & sluggish performance of the windows.
- System responds leisurely on the mouse & keyboard input.
- Computer ‘freezes’ after fix time span.
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
This error may caused due to an incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). To protect your computer and its contents, QuickBooks attempts to verify the digital signature on all files that are downloaded through the program. If it is unable to verify the digital signature of a file that you are trying to download, this error will occur. Looks like it’s a conflict in the system.
Here are some of the potential reasons that drag the QuickBooks desktop to this error code:-
- Improper QuickBooks installation.
- If the QuickBooks payroll file(s) or Windows system get corrupted due to Malware or virus or any other infection.
- In case, the QuickBooks file(s) deleted due to deleterious activities in the system or mistakenly.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer has incorrect configuration.
- One of the most important reasons is an another application is running in the background while the update is occurring is interfering with the method.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Error 15215 is normally triggered by a conflict with another application running in the background when you attempt to download and install a payroll update. The application might be a program that requires a lot of bandwidth, avoiding QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from creating a connection to the web server.
Below we are going to provide you step by step instruction to solve this error. However, you can contact to support team to resolve your problem instantly.
Method 1: Reboot the System
At first, you have to restart the computer. Due to this, the application that protect the QB Payroll force to shut-down or prompt to reset its setting in order to remove the blocked connection by reconfiguration.
Restart the desktop and if the problem resolve but the error code appear after regular intervals…! In such scenario, you must see and confirm that no program is running on the system. If it does then it could be a reason of this error. To fix this issue once and for all, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
See this also: How to fix login problems with QuickBooks on chrome?
Method 2: Run QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator
Running QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator enables the QB application to take authority over every possible windows application. It also let the QuickBooks to take the necessary resources in order to run properly.
- At first, confirm that the QuickBooks application is close.
- Hit onto the “Desktop” icon.
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In case, it redirects you to a dialogue “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” then select the “Yes” icon.
Method 3: Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer
- Shut-down the ‘QuickBooks’ application.
- Access/open the “Internet Explorer” browser.
- Now Go to the “Tools” icon => “Internet Option” tab.
- Hit onto the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Advanced Settings” tab, search for the option ‘Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2’. (Note: You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version)
- Later, check if the Use TLS 1.0 is marked.
- Confirm that the Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Hit onto the “OK” icon to close the windows.
- Shut-down the Internet Explorer.
- Reboot the system once you restarted or reopen the QuickBooks.
- Finally, try to download the QuickBooks update again.
Method 4: Restart the Windows in Selective Startup
If the error pertains, verify the system for running programs and applications that probably conflicted with QuickBooks payroll update download, example CA Security Center, which has been identified as the cause of conflicts with the QuickBooks software:
- At first, turn-off the QuickBooks application.
- In the computer, open the ‘Run’ windows:-
- For Windows XP: Click on the “Start” icon => “Run” icon.
- For Windows 7 & Vista: Click on the “Start” icon => “All Program” tab => “Accessories” tab => “Run” tab.
- Windows 8 & 10: Press the “Windows” + “R” key simultaneously on the keyboard.
- In the “Run” field, type-in the msconfig and click on the “OK” icon.
- It will open the “System Configuration Utility” window.
- In the current page, choose the ‘Selective Startup’ & clear the ‘Load Startup’ item checkbox.
- Hit the “OK” icon to save the modifications.
- As per the instruction now restart the system.
- Once you restarted or reopen the QuickBooks, latest updated tax table.
- In case, you are enabled to successfully download the update, simply follow steps 1 to 4 to get back to the “System Configuration Utility”
- Choose the “Normal Startup” tab.
- Now, Hit onto the “OK”
- Finally, restart the system or machine again.
- This action makes sure that the system functions in a normal working environment. However, If there are items you want to be removed permanently, you might need to go to the Microsoft website and search for how to clean boot Windows.
- If you were able to successfully download the update by clearing your Startup items, this indicates that one or more of the programs in your Startup items are conflicting with downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll update.
We hope that this technical blog would be helpful for you to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error Code 15215. But, in any case, you encounter the same error or any other problem associated with the QuickBooks – you can instantly contact to our QuickBooks error support experts at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907.
We regularly post our technical blogs and articles related to QB software errors to deliver the best solution to our clients.
When any regular user tries to update QuickBooks to the latest uploaded version of QuickBooks – an error pops up during the update process you might encounter QuickBooks Error 15215. Update Error 15215 basically occurs when performing payroll update or maintenance release. When your windows show this error, you may find the error message of the server not responding to it or limited access. In this case, you are required to get the perfect solution to this problem so that you download QuickBooks latest update without any hurdles.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
QuickBooks error 15215 can occur in your system due to no. of varies reasons. User may face QuickBooks update Error 15215 because of-
- Users may confront this error because of incorrect configuration of Microsoft IE.
- QuickBooks verifies the signature on files when it is unable to verify the signature on any file that you have placed for downloading during the update process, then QuickBooks Error #15215 might come in your system.
- Imperfect installation or not completed the corrupt download of QuickBooks
- Malware or virus-infected windows system.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15215
- It appears and crashes the running application on the window.
- QuickBooks Update Error 15215 is displayed on your windows screen.
- Your desktop periodically freezes while running for just a few seconds at a time.
- Windows work slowly and don’t act according to with mouse and keyboard on time.
- Your desktop corrupts with QuickBooks Error 15215 when running the same program.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215
Solution 1: Run QB Desktop as an Administrator
1. First of all, you need to ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
2. Now, make a right-click on your Desktop icon and then choose “Run as administrator”.
3. Next, you should click on Yes when you get this message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Solution 2: Verify TLS 1.0 Settings
1. Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks and then open Internet Explorer.
2. Now, you should click on Tools and then select Internet Options.
3. After that, click on the Advanced tab.
4. Next, you must click on Advanced Settings and find Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
5. Check that Use TLS 1.0 box is tick marked.
6. Ensure that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not marked.
7. Now, click Ok and close Internet Explorer.
8. Finally, Reboot your system and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
9. Also, check for updates if available.
Solution 3: Restart Windows in Selective Startup
- The first step is to close your QB Desktop.
- Now, you have to select Run and check for following versions:
- Windows XP: Start > Run
- Windows 7 and Vista: Navigate to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- Windows 8 and 10: Press Windows + R together.
- After that, navigate top Run box and type msconfig, click Ok.
- You will see the Configuration Utility window.
- Now, choose Selective Startup and uncheck the Load Startup items check box.
- Click on Save and then select Ok.
- Next, you to restart your PC.
- Then, open QB again and download the current tax table.
- Open System Configuration Utility by following steps 1-4.
- Next, you need to check the Normal Startup box and click Ok.
- Finally, restart your system again.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15215?
Simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks update error 15215
QuickBooks Error 15215 often occurs while performing payroll update and releasing maintenance. It may install the download or update of payroll. The another reason for occurring this error might be a conflict with another application running in the background when you try to download a payroll update.
It’s easy to spot this update error as the system throws an error message that reads:
“QuickBooks Error 15215 server not working”
“Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature“.
And once you spot this update error, you can perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article to fix the issue. However, if you are not a tech savvy and looking for someone who are expert in QuickBooks then in that case you can contact our QuickBooks Pro Support team at +1-844-405-0906. This is the best way to speak with our Certified QB experts, CPAs and accounting professionals.
You might also like: Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15215?
There might be multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
- Your Firewall or firewall setting which may be blocking QuickBooks desktop Payroll from connecting to the update server.
- QuickBooks software isn’t properly installed or is corrupt.
- Virus or malware or some other malicious software has corrupted your MS Windows system files or QB payroll program files.
- A software or program has mistakenly removed QuickBooks payroll related files.
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft IE.
- There is an Another software is running at the background and conflicting with QuickBooks.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
- When this problem occurs it will crashes the active program.
- You system will corrupt with Error 15215 when running the same program.
- Repeatedly you will see Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature message on your computer display.
- Your computer responds very slowly and runs sluggishly.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Here are some solutions to resolve QuickBooks update Error 15215.
Method 1: Restart your computer
Many of the QuickBooks and Windows related issues can be removed just by rebooting your system. This step stops any application causing disruption in closing or resetting the settings of QuickBooks Payroll.
It’s very likely that you would be able to resume working after restarting your computer. However, there are chances that the issue may reoccur after working for a while. In case that happens, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Method 2: Login to Window’s as Administrator
You can avoid receiving QuickBooks error code 15215 or fix this issue by simply running your accounting software as the Windows admin as it will prioritize the software over most of the other Windows programs.
Running QB as administrator will also communicate to Windows to let QB use all the recourses necessary to work appropriately.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop if it isn’t already closed.
- Reopen it by right-clicking on the Desktop icon.
- Choose “Run as Administrator“.
- Select “Yes” if a message pops up asking your permission to make changes in your computer.
Method 3: Restore advanced settings (Internet Options)
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Click on “MS Internet Explorer” icon.
- Click “Tools” at top right hand corner.
- Select “Internet Options” in the drop down.
- Click the “Advanced tab“.
- Tap on “Advanced Settings“.
- Ensure that “USE TLS 1.0” is checked.
- Make sure that Use “TLS 1.1” and Use “TLS 1.2” are not checked.
- Click “OK” at the bottom to close the window.
- Close “Internet Explorer“.
- Restart your computer to “Save” the changes.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop by clicking on the QB icon.
- Try and see if you can download the update again.
The solution provided here helps you fix the update error confronted while downloading the software. If the issue persists, you should contact a you IT person.
Method 4: Restart your computer in Selective Startup
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Open “Run window” (Windows key+R).
- Windows XP: Choose “Start” > “Run“.
- On Windows 7 and Vista: choose “Start” > “All Programs” > “Accessories” > “Run“.
- On Windows 8 and 10: on your keyboard, press the “Windows key” and “letter R“.
- Type “msconfig” and click “OK“.
- Let the “System Configuration Utility” box open.
- In general tab, click “Selective startup“.
- Uncheck “Load Startup Items” box.
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK” at the bottom of the box to “Save” changes.
- Restart your system.
- Reopen “QuickBooks“.
- Download the “Latest tax table“.
- Reopen “System Configuration Utility” if the updates are downloaded successfully.
- Select “Normal startup radio” button.
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK” at the bottom of the box to “Save” changes.
- Restart your computer.
Method 5: Configure firewall and other security programs
Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor. This will open your ports automatically and resolve this error.
Method 6: Installing updates manually
- The very first step is to navigate to the update QuickBooks to the latest release
- Ensure that the product is selected
- After that click the change option and then select the QuickBooks product
- And then, select the update option and select where you want to save the file
- And then tap on the save option
- Also, locate the file downloaded earlier
- And double click the install the update option
- After the installation is complete, the user needs to restart the windows
- And open QuickBooks to check whether he/she is having the latest update and press F2 key.
I hope the above given steps helped you to resolve QuickBooks error 15215. If nothing works for you, then you can call our QuickBooks support number at +1-888-300-3913 and speak to our certified QB experts. We can help you solve even the most complex accounting related issues in the least possible time.