If you are in search of buying software that can help you in tracking account balance, budgeting, investments, and other expenses, you will surely come across Quicken software during your search. This one is one of the finest software that can help you with tracking finances and comes up with different versions. Well, our main concern is to tell you about Quicken pricing in the following post so that you can wisely choose the perfect edition based upon your business requirements.
Let’s learn more about Quicken software and it’s pricing to determine if the software is a good choice for your business requirements.
Introduction: Quicken Software
As we noted above, Quicken is one of the famous finance software that is utilized across the globe. It has been introduced on March 3, 1983, and has become a demanding personal finance software among various business owners. It comes out to be a complete package that performs everything from tracking investments to balancing a checkbook. However, some users may have complaints regarding its speed over another alternative of Quicken. Well, this one is the best option when it comes to managing personal finances and has four versions.
- Starter (Basic plan)
- Deluxe (Popular one)
- Premier (Best Price)
- Quicken Home & Business (For Windows Only)
Features of Quicken Software
You can get a complete financial picture at a glance with the help of Quicken personal finance software. Also, you can view the investment, banking, credit card accounts, and retirement all in one place. To know more advantages, you can check out the following list.
Personal Finance Features
Quicken contains all the required features to create a budget, manage your bills, or planning the requirement. Let’s have a look at all the personal finance features of Quicken.
- Managing Expenses: You can check out personal expenses by sorting your accounts and transactions. Also, it will be easy to create customized categories, track personal expenses, and track future expenses with the help of Quicken software.
- Budgeting: Quicken helps you in comparing personal expenses to the actual spending so that you can make better decisions regarding the business. The budget can also be managed on the web or via mobile.
- Bill management: Quick Pay for digital bills will guide you in sending your payments. Or, you can also send the payments via check Pay for physical checks. Quicken guides you in setting up automatic billing alerts so that no payment will be missed out.
- Retirement planning: Quicken assists you in knowing inventory, assets, and investments. Additionally, it comprises a Lifetime Planner (In Windows Only) that assists you in managing future planning.
Business-Related Quicken Features
If you are operating a small business, Quicken Home & Business will be a great option to go with. This version comes up with lots of features and functionalities that have been mentioned below.
- Invoicing: Quicken offers advanced invoicing to create customized invoices and add a payment link to PayPal. Along with this, you will be able to print an invoice and email it to the client.
- Estimates: You can create and track an estimate and then email it to the customer. Tracking estimates can be done under the Estimate list.
- Tracks Account Payables and Account Receivables: Quicken Home & Business will be the best option to start tracking invoices, Account payables, fixed assets, and loans.
To streamline landlord responsibilities, you can avail of Quicken rental property features. To know additional features, look into the following list.
- Managing Contacts: It will be easy to manage and organize the contact details comprising security deposits, rental agreements, and move-in & move-out dates all at the same place.
- Tracking Market Value: You can check out the holdings and view snapshots of your portfolio. But, this can be possible for Windows users only.
- Receipt scanning: Quicken helps you in saving the receipt data as a QIF file and makes expense tracking a breeze.
- Storing Documents: Easy to store and handle documents associate with your properties, projects, and tenants.
From Google Play or App Store, you can download the Quicken mobile App to manage your finances anytime and anywhere. Once you have set up the Quicken account on the mobile app, information will be synced between the mobile app and the desktop program via the Quicken Cloud.
Quicken helps you in making financial reports that include cash flow, payee comparisons, budget spending, cash flow comparisons, profit and loss, account balances, transactions, banking summaries, etc.
Pricing and Plans of Quicken Software
Well, you may have multiple queries regarding pricing and plans of Quicken and are unable to find answers online. Here, we are all set to answer all of your queries about the same like why can Quicken do everything while other budgeting tools target investing or expense tracking. You should know that the Quicken software isn’t just cloud-based or desktop-based, it’s both.
Further, we can learn about Quicken pricing and plans for each edition available in the market. Or, you can have a look at the following table to know the prices immediately.
Now, let’s proceed to get acquainted with all of the Quicken plans and pricing in a detail. Further down, we have explained each of the Quicken versions.
Quicken starter mainly helps you in controlling money-related tasks.
- Import all credit card bank transactions automatically
- Categorized transactions so that you can check where your money is going
- Creating budgets and managing your bills.
Setting your financial goals with Quicken Deluxe. It comprises all features of the Starter plan and includes the following features, as well.
- Importing loans, retirement account transactions, and investment.
- Planning future goals and paying off debts.
It assists you in maximizing your investments and comes up with all the deluxe features in it.
- Keep a track of your investments to make decisions.
- View realized and unrealized profits and latest updates.
- Guides you in minimizing taxes on investments
Quicken Home & Business
Manage your personal & business finances in one place
- Comprises of all premier features
- Categorizes all your personal, business, or rental property transactions.
- Keep a track of cash flow statements.
- Maximizing business deductions while filing taxes.
Recently added features in Quicken
- You can manage money on the desktop, web, and mobile.
- Easy to export register transactions to Excel.
- Emailing Quicken reports.
- Adding bill pay “favorites” into new Bills dashboard
- It comprises a PayPal link in rent reminders that helps you in getting paid faster.
- Email business and rental reports directly from Quicken.
Improved features included in Starter
- Generate reminders in a single Bills dashboard
- Online bills will appear in the Calendar widget
- Simplified tax rates and mileage rates
- Long term capital gains now show as scheduled transactions
Alternatives of Quicken
Quicken is one of the known and best personal finance software developed by Intuit, Inc. This software includes all the required features from basic checking to saving account management and budgeting. You can also avail of the Windows-versions program for Mac that works well with Apple’s operating system.
However, Quicken is pricey on comparing to other desktop-based personal finance software. Because of this, many business owners are unable to take advantage of Quicken to track their finances. In this section, we are going to explore some other relevant software that can be alternatives to Quicken.
It is one of the most recommended finance software and a less expensive alternative to Quicken. The basic Personal Capital consists of various features like tracking, bill paying, budgeting, etc. and basic services are free. Additionally, Personal Capital offers much more in-depth investment features and planning than Quicken. You can access this money management tool by PC, tablet, or cellphone, as well.
Hopefully, you have already familiar with the Mint software as it is one of the famous cloud-based software programs. This has been introduced in 2009 that comes up with basic features like tracking and creating budgets and financial goals. Services offered by Mint are quite similar to Quicken‘s most basic starter version. However, it doesn’t include investment management services.
Intuit’s product QuickBooks offers lots of features and functionalities than Quicken. You can track expenses as well as other accounting tasks after choosing QuickBooks as your accounting software. So if you thinking to expand your business and looking for perfect accounting software, go with QuickBooks.
If you don’t want to limit yourself just by tracking personal & business finances and looking for an alternative to file taxes, TurboTax can be a good choice. This software offers free basic features similar to Quicken. Also, you can get access to all tax forms at their lowest prices.
Limitations of Quicken Software
Well, every software has some of its negative points that need to be considered while choosing it as your personal finance software. Here, we have included all of the limitations of Quicken software based upon its user experience. Let’s have a look at all of them in sequence.
The very first disadvantage of Quicken is fairly expensive. Because of that, not everyone can choose it as their personal finance software. Quicken costs from $40 to $80 per year and depends on the version you are buying with or without the discount.
Syncing issues with the Bank
You can sync Quicken with all banks and may face issues during the same. You first need to buy Quicken before syncing it with the bank account. If you are trying to sync this software without purchasing it, it may display errors.
Not much intuitive
In our assumption, Quicken is not pretty much instinctive as other budget tool interfaces. However, we can say that it doesn’t have a user-friendly interface. You may need to hire an expert to take the assistance while tracking your personal finances.
Size of the Quicken Data File
You can get access to up to 512 accounts of each account type like spending, credit, investment, etc. Once the limit has been reached, you will be unable to decrease the limit count in Quicken. Although, you can’t delete the list elements to start a new Quicken file.
Excitedly, the blog has successfully provided all the required facts related to Quicken Pricing to you. As we have seen, Quicken has been in the market for a long time on comparing to another finance software. And, it has been improving day by day by launching advanced features and functionalities. Well, numerous accounting tools are available in the market. If you are unhappy with the Quicken software or want to get familiar with it, contact our team to get expert advice. You are free to ask queries related to the Quicken subscription, as well.
What is Quicken Software? – Features and Uses
Are you searching for a finance software that can wonderfully take control of your personal finances and money management tasks? If yes, then you are at the right place. There are many accounting software in the market that can assist you in managing your finances; but, among all of them, “Quicken” is growing rapidly. Now, for the new software users, it is a must to know the detailed information of what is Quicken.
Quicken is a personal accounting software that is an exclusively designed money management cloud accounting system, which allows users to track income, expenses, and cash flow. Furthermore, its users can manage their property-related finances like, rental, handling taxes, creating custom invoices, and tracking investments.
About Quicken Software
The users of Quicken can organize and strategically streamline their accounting and financial tasks in one place. Furthermore, with Quicken it’s easy to manage money on the web, desktop and mobile phone. With a single-click on their smartphones, they are able to see the entire picture of their finances and spending. The tool is a cost-effective alternative means to manage the user’s finances.
This blog will help users gain a comprehensive understanding of what is Quicken software.
Quicken: Features and Uses
Here are some key features and uses of using Quicken 2019. These Quicken 2019 features will help you get a head-start into understanding the software.
Income and Expenses
The software holds a category system for tracking all expenses and incomes. Users have to put every expense and source of their income i.e. rent, salary or an internet bill. In this manner, these inputs are then organized as categories and the software then amalgamates the numbers for calculating the monthly balances. The tool helps in tracking the monthly cash flow.
Budgeting and Investment
Quicken software helps small businesses in analyzing expenses and income. To evaluate things, categorization will help in taking budgeting and investment decisions. It can be easily prepared into pie charts that assist users to analyze the graphs for vitals. In addition, this classification also tells the user, where there is a need to cut costs and how the business’ performance is. The tool has an investment account feature that will track the small business’ capital and also predicts the account’s growth and investment.
Quicken brings all the money in one place as it imports the bank details into a simple interface. Users can download the transactions from the bank’s website into the software so that the charts can be prepared for where your money is used. They can use the tool to Double-check their balance and reconcile Quicken against bank statements. The tool is perfect to manage the user’s accounts accurately.
Documentation, Taxes and Loan Applications
The Documentation, Taxes, and Loan Applications feature of Quicken identifies taxable income and deductible expenses. Meanwhile, by entering the figures into the Tax Planner, it becomes easy to estimate the tax refund or burden. Not only this, the user’s same end-of-fiscal-year balances are useful at the time of personal documentation or for presentations to creditors or investors. The tool’s complete reports consisting of charts and trend graphs give vital financial statics. This will also make you ready for presentations and meetings.
Provides Online Banking
Quicken offers the facility of online banking features. Thus, to perform this an internet connection is required in your system and other paperwork needs to be done. The banking feature in Quicken is quite easy to use and saves your precious time. To use the feature, users need to use Quicken in the normal way and afterward hit a couple of additional buttons. In case your bank supports online banking, users can move money between their accounts and can get up-to-date statements.
Plan Personal Finances
The tool makes advanced calculations simple for its users. The software comes with a calculator. Quicken has five impressive calculators that give smarter borrowing choices. It also offers improved mortgage-refinancing decision making, retirement savings calculations as well as accurate calculations for savings and investments. Consequently, you can have a better understanding of where your money is going and the modifications are done right in time to meet future financial goals.
Prints Checks Feature
The purpose of printing checks is fulfilled with the help of Prints checks. Quicken print checks feature works quicker in case users have many checks to print. To print checks, only two things are necessary. First of all, users need to go through the check supply information and after that, they need to choose form as per their style. After that, they need to order the form.
After knowing what is Quicken and its features the readers can grab more knowledge on Quicken System requirements.
Quicken System Requirements for Windows and Mac
Quicken System Requirement for Windows
- PC: 1 GHz or more
- OS: minimum Windows 7, 8/8.1, or 10
- Memory: at least 1 GB Memory
- Space in Hard Disk: Minimum 450 MB free disk space; 1.5 GB if .NET is not installed on the machine
- Monitor: 1024×768 or greater screen resolution. Together with, a 1280×1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings
- Connection of an internet: Broadband internet connection
- Online access is necessary for activation
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 or a newer one
Quicken System Requirement for Mac
- Quicken software 2019
- PC: Intel-based Macintosh
- OS: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), or recent
- Memory: 256 MB or more than this
- Hard Disk: Minimum 100MB is required
- Display: 1280×800 or larger
- Connection of Internet: Broadband
- Online access is vital for activation
Quicken comes in four versions for money management purposes. Thus, the brief explanation will give users a clear picture of the software’s versions. The versions work effectively if the users understand their specific functionality and then see the ways in which it can specifically benefit them:
Quicken Starter 2019
Pick Quicken 2019 Starter in case you want the following
- Users wishing to see bank and credit card accounts in a particular place.
- Users want the software to sync with their mobile devices.
- If they want to see where they spend their money and plan a budget.
- When there is no need to track investment accounts.
- Users don’t need to import data from the earlier versions of the software.
Quicken Deluxe 2019
As a user you can Pick Quicken 2019 Deluxe in case you want the following
- Users want to track loans, a mortgage and make plans for reducing debt.
- If users wanted to know the performance of their investment and retirement accounts.
- It can be used to create savings objectives like that for a house, college, or other major purchases.
- When there is a need to import data from an earlier version of the tool.
Quicken Premier 2019
Select Quicken 2019 Premier in case these are the advantages that you are looking for:
- Firstly, if users want to handle their investments.
- Users wish to compare investment returns against market averages.
- They want to view their real-time portfolio value with constantly updated quotes.
- Users need to use the new Portfolio X-Ray tool for scanning holdings to classify strengths and weaknesses.
- At the time of making taxes organized by keeping a proper track of deductions and creating specialized tax reports.
Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property 2019
Pick Quicken 2019 Home, Business, & Rental Property in case:
- They need to keep track of personal as well as business expenses.
- When users own or manage rental properties.
- They want to have a glance at profit and loss reports.
- They wish to create a Schedule C or E report for the tax season.
- Users want help in identifying tax-deductible business costs and/or rental property expenses.
- They need to make high-quality invoices and estimates.
- They like to track expenses and income via rental property.
- Users wishing to see where rent has been paid and where it needs to be paid.
- Finally, the users need to keep rental documents in one place.
What’s new in Quicken 2019?
Quicken 2019 has come up with robust, flexible advancement as compared to its earlier versions. It can automatically receive updates with up-to-date product enhancements. Along with this, managing investments on Quicken for Windows, viewing operations has become quicker than before. Whereas, its Mac feature allows its users to manage their finance in an appropriate manner. Users will also experience the feature of face and touch ID with the tool app.
- The users can handle and easily maintain investments on Quicken for Windows, investment register and also definite portfolio view operations quicker than before.
- The software gives enhanced and the most streamlined connectivity to brokerages and banks as compared to all its contemporaries.
- The tool consists of over 500 customer-requested fixes and improvements plus significantly improved trustworthiness.
Quicken 2019 For Windows
Quicken for Windows can access the updated version of the software throughout their membership. It also secures an additional online backup of 5 GB for the software files through Dropbox.
Quicken 2019 for Windows features:
- It offers extended custom report layout choices as well as direct Excel exports.
- It is easy and convenient to see all the reminders in a single bill dashboard.
- Management of money can be handled from anywhere on the Web.
- Viewing bills calendar feature is back with the software.
- You can experience a new enhanced Portfolio view, etc.
Quicken 2019 For Mac
Quicken 2019 for Mac has come up with great feature enhancements for the users. The up-gradation in of software helps the user with everyday updates. Opening and closing of the program have become easier than before for its users. Along with this, they can also see the investment returns by the class of security, investment, etc.
Quicken for Mac features:
- The users can access the newest version of software all through their membership.
- Access 11,000+ online billers along with bill PDF downloads.
- It also gives 5GB of secure online backup for the tool’s files with Dropbox.
- It offers a new enhanced Portfolio View option to its users.
- Managing all of the finances in one place becomes easier for users.
The personal finance app can be used with Quicken desktop software for free. Taking decisions with your money and financial matters is easy with App. Any kind of business can be handled with the software. It is accessible for iOS and Android users in which there are no extra charges. Along with this, its features depend on the version of the tool being used.
Features of Quicken App
- Quicken App syncs the Mobile app with the Desktop.
- Users can enter transactions as per their spending habits.
- It gives additional protection with your face ID and touch ID.
- The app can snap and store receipts.
- Offers data access guarantee assurance to its users.
- The Passcode is protected and backed by 256-bit encryption, etc.
After going through the blog in its entirety the users must have got a clear understanding of what is Quicken. It also talked about the features and usage of the tool to give you the idea of how Quicken 2019 brings all your accounts in one place. We have also highlighted the system requirements so that the users don’t find it difficult to use the software on Mac/Windows.
Managing personal finance is a smart decision with Quicken. To know more about what is Quicken, you can dial Quicken Support Phone Number.