QuickBooks Error OL -334 means that there is an issue with the user’s bank that they might have rolled out some of the improvements to their offerings related to the administration, Web Connector the Direct Connect.
Causes of QuickBooks OL – 334 Bank errors in the QuickBooks Desktop
- The user might want to check with their bank to see if they might have rolled out some improvements.
- The user might be having an inactive bank account empowered for online banking in QuickBooks.
- There might be an issue with the Bank Servers or with the Internet Service provider used by the user.
- There might be an issue with at least one of the records in the organization document.
- There might be an issue with arranging the download or import.
- A discontinued adaptation of Windows or QuickBooks Desktop might be the cause of the error as well.
Pre-requisites to keep in mind before proceeding further
- Re-check if there is an active internet connection. If already connected, then verify the firewall and internet security settings to continue.
- Confirm that the user is using a supported version of QuickBooks and the Internet Explorer.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop application is updated to the latest release.
- Contact the bank to verify the account information and that the bank is not experiencing any outages at that moment.
You May Also Read: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 7300?
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error OL-334
Step 1: (By enabling the TLS 1.2 Security Protocol if available).
Ensure that there is the latest version of Internet Explorer, where you can use the following steps to enable TLS 1.2.
- Open the Internet Explorer 11 and ensure that the latest version is installed.
- On the upper right section of the Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon.
- Navigate to the Internet Options and click on Advanced Tab.
- In the security section, scroll down.
- Uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 and mark USE TLS 1.2
- Click on Apply and OK. Then close the programs.
- Restart the computer.
If the same error message continues, only then, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Creating a new test company file.
This step helps if the issue originates from the bank and the bank servers.
- From the QuickBooks company File menu, select and click New Company and click on Express Start.
- Then add a bank account, (the one with the issues). In the newly created test company, and then set up the account for Bank Feeds.
- Then Download Bank Feed transactions to test the account.
- If the same error message persists, then there is an error with the bank. If there are no error messages then the issue probably is not with the bank.
Step 3: Run the account set up with the Ctrl Key suppressed.
- First of all, the user would need to create a backup of the QuickBooks company file.
- Check for the Inactive account in the QuickBooks file, that still has the Lightning Bolt
- Then deactivate the account for online services.
- The user now needs to run the Bank Feeds setup again and have to press and hold the Ctrl key each time a command is clicked and should be held throughout the process.
Step 4: Creating a new account and then merging the accounts.
- Click the right mouse button of the problem account and then click on Edit Account.
- The user needs to highlight the account name and then click on Copy.
- Enter an Asterisk (*) at the end of the account name.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings and then click on the Deactivate All Online Services button.
- Click on Save and Close.
- Then, click on the Chart of Accounts to create a new account.
- Close and reopen the company file and click on the Chart of Accounts then select Edit Account.
- Remove the asterisk and right click on the account to select and click on Save and Close.
- When prompted, click on Yes and set up an account for Bank Feeds.
- Then download transactions to the newly merged account.
Step 5: Deactivate all accounts with online services.
- At the bottom of the window, there is an option that says Chart of Accounts, select the Include inactive checkbox and then click on deactivate Bank feeds.
- Close and re-open the file and set up each account for the bank feeds.
If the above steps did not seem to solve the issue, there is an alternative to contact the bank. However, the user can also get in touch with the QuickBooks support team in order to get this sorted for once and all. The experts in the QuickBooks Error Support are available 24*7 for help and can reach out at +1-888-300-3913.
QuickBooks Error OL-334 (When Updating Accounts)
QuickBooks Error OL-334 occurs when you’re updating bank accounts using online services. It’s also known as bank feed error code OL-334
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error OL-332
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code OL-334
- The temporary server problem at your bank
- Problem with an internet connection
- You’re using an outdated Windows or QuickBooks Desktop
- The company file may have some issues
Things to do before fixing Error OL-334
A. Contact your Bank
B. Create Company file Backup
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
3. Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
C. Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Select Update Now tab from the top and click Get Updates
- Once Update is complete, click on Close
5 Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error OL-334
STEP 1: Deactivate and Reactivate Bank Feeds
Deactivate Bank Feed
- Go to List > Chart of Accounts (CTRL+A)
- Right-click on the account(s) from the list that causing QuickBooks error code OL-334 to you and select Edit Account
- Click on Bank Feed Settings
- Select Deactivate All Online Services
- Select Save and Close
Reactivate Bank Feed
- Go to List > Chart of Accounts (CTRL+A)
- Right-click on the account(s) from the list that causing QuickBooks Error Code OL-334 to you and select Edit Account
- Click on Set Up Bank Feeds… and then Yes to close all open QuickBooks windows
- Next screen prompts you to enter your bank(s) name and click Continue
- Now on the next windows enter your bank Username and Password and click Connect
- QuickBooks will take some time to pull up your bank account(s), once it found them LINK the account(s) with a respective existing account
- Click Next
STEP 2: Run Verify and Rebuild Utilities
Run Verify Utilities
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Click OK to close all open windows
- If QuickBooks doesn’t detect any problem with your data click OK
- If QuickBooks found some issues with your data click on Rebuild
Run Rebuild Utilities
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Click OK and then Save to create a backup
- Once rebuild has completed click on View Results
- If you found 0 issues please proceed further with the below steps
- If you found any issues with your data, you can speak with our experts
STEP 3: Create a Test company file
The purpose to create a new test file is to find if the problem is with your bank or a company file. To create a new company file follow the below steps:
1. Go to File > New Company
2. Click Start Setup and Skip
3. Now enter the required information and click Create Company
4. QuickBooks may take some time for creating a new company file
5. Once You’re All Set! Click on Start Working
6. Now add your bank account in the test file
If you can download the bank transactions in the Test file
After creating a new test file if you can download the bank transactions that means that your primary company file may have some issues, please contact our experts in order to do more troubleshooting. TollFree 1-877-353-8076
If you can’t download the bank transactions in the Test file
After creating a new test file if the same issue still exists that means your bank needs your confirmation to verify your identity or they’re making some changes on their server(s) or website(s). In this situation, you may need to wait some time or contact your bank and speak with their QuickBooks experts team.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error OL-221
STEP 4: Enable TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard and a Run box will pop out
- Type INETCPL.CPL to open Internet Properties
- Now click on Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the security section
- Uncheck the Use TLS 1.0 and make a check on Use TLS 1.2
- Click Apply and OK
- Now restart your computer
Step 5: Identity Confirmation Request from Bank
Your bank may also ask you for identity confirmation for using online services in QuickBooks Desktop. It generally happens after upgrading QuickBooks or updating the current version.
Also, you need to login to your bank’s website in order to confirm your identity. Please check the notification or message center for confirmation update. You can also contact your financial institution for the same.
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error OL-393
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks error code OL-334 but in case it still exists please speak with our experts. TollFree 1-877-353-8076 or let us contact you.
How to fix the Runtime Error OL-334-A Quicken Error Code Ol 334 A
This article features error number Code OL-334-A, commonly known as Quicken Error Code Ol 334 A described as Error OL-334-A: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quicken Error Code Ol 334 A
Error number: Error OL-334-A
Description: Error OL-334-A: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try this first: Click here to fix Quicken errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error OL-334-A
Runtime Error OL-334-A happens when Quicken fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Error code – An error code is a value returned to provide context on why an error occurred
- Ol – Used for ordered and unordered lists and their list items in HTML, and also any list styles applied to them.
Symptoms of Code OL-334-A – Quicken Error Code Ol 334 A
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Quicken is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quicken Error Code Ol 334 A – Error OL-334-A
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteUsing Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.
Easy & Complete Method for fixing QuickBooks Error OL-334
QuickBooks error OL -334 way that there may be an issue with the consumer’s financial institution that they may have rolled out some of the upgrades to their offerings related to the administration, web Connector the Direct join Help with Quickbooks Error Support Number.
Causes of QuickBooks OL – 334 financial institution mistakes within the QuickBooks computing device
- The consumer may want to check with their bank to peer if they could have rolled out a few enhancements.
- The person might be having an inactive financial institution account empowered for on-line banking in QuickBooks.
- There is probably a problem with the financial institution Servers or with the internet service issuer used by the consumer.
- There is probably trouble with at least one of the facts inside the enterprise report.
- There might be trouble with arranging the download or import.
- A discontinued edition of home windows or QuickBooks laptop might be the cause of the error as nicely.
Pre-necessities to keep in mind before intending in addition
- Re-take a look at if there is an energetic net connection. If already connected, then confirm the firewall and network security settings to preserve.
- Verify that the user is the usage of a supported model of QuickBooks and Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks computer utility is updated to the present day release.
- Touch the bank to confirm the account records and that the financial institution is not experiencing any outages at that moment.
Steps to fix QuickBooks blunders OL-334
Step 1: (by way of allowing the TLS 1.2 protection Protocol if available).
Make certain that there may be the state-of-the-art model of internet Explorer, in which you can use the following steps to permit TLS 1.2.
- Open the net Explorer 11 and make sure that the trendy model is installed.
- At the higher proper phase of the net Explorer, click on at the gear icon.
- Navigate to the net options and click on the superior Tab.
- In the protection segment, scroll down.
- Uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 and mark USE TLS 1.2
- Click on observe and ok. Then near the packages.
- Restart the laptop.
If the identical mistakes message continues, only then, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: developing a brand new test agency record.
This step allows if the problem originates from the financial institution and the bank servers.
- From the QuickBooks enterprise report menu, select and click on New business enterprise and click on express start.
- Then add a bank account, (the one with the problems). in the newly created check agency, and then set up the account for Bank Feeds.
- Then download financial institution Feed transactions to check the account.
- If the identical mistakes message persists, then there is a blunder with the bank. If there are no error messages then the issue probably is not with the bank.
Step 3: Run the account installation with the Ctrl Key suppressed.
- To start with, the person could need to create a backup of the QuickBooks agency record.
- Check for the Inactive account inside the QuickBooks report, that also has the Lightning Bolt
- Then deactivate the account for online services.
- The user now wishes to run the financial institution Feeds setup once more and have to press and preserve the Ctrl key whenever a command is clicked and ought to be held for the duration of the procedure.
Step four: creating a new account after which merging the bills.
- Click on the right mouse button of the problem account and then click on Edit Account.
- The person needs to highlight the account name and then click on the copy.
- Input an Asterisk (*) on the quit of the account name.
- Click at the bank Feed Settings and then click on at the Deactivate All on-line offerings button.
- Click on the shop and close.
- Then, click on at the Chart of money owed to create a new account.
- Close and reopen the business enterprise record and click on the Chart of bills then pick out Edit Account.
- Put off the asterisk and right click on at the account to choose and click on keep and near.
- Whilst brought about, click on yes and installation an account for financial institution Feeds.
- Then download transactions to the newly merged account.
Step 5: Deactivate all money owed with on-line services.
- At the bottom of the window, there may be an option that says Chart of bills, pick the include inactive checkbox after which click on deactivate financial institution feeds.
- Near and re-open the record and installation each account for the financial institution feed.
If the above steps did not appear to clear up the difficulty, there’s an alternative to contact the financial institution. but, the consumer also can get in touch with the QuickBooks assist team so one can get this looked after for as soon as and all. Our QuickBooks support inside the QuickBook’s mistakes aid is available 24*7.
Solutions and Fix Quicken Error OL-334-A
What is Quicken Error OL-334-A?
Quicken error OL-334-A also known as Runtime error OL occurs when Quicken software fails or crashes while it’s in access mode. Thus, this doesn’t mean the code is corrupt. It just failed to work at run-time. The notification of the error flashes on screen until it comes to the normal state. This article is all about Error OL-334. Thus, if you are also the victim of this issue, read the article thoroughly and get it fixed.
Error Name: Quicken Error Code OL 334 A
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Error Number: Error OL-334- A
Description: Quicken has encountered an issue and needs to shut. We are sorry for the inconvenience
Symptoms of Error OL-334-A
There are recognizable symptoms of OL-334. Checkout from the following list:
- Notification box will appear with Error OL-334 and suddenly system crashes
- You fail to launch the Quicken software
- Your Windows starts running in slow and sluggish manner
- System gets freeze randomly once OL-334 error pops up
Causes of Error OL-334-A
QuickBooks Error OL-334-A can erupt due to various reasons. Some of the major reasons are given below. Amongst these, any reason could be the cause for your OL-334 issue. Check it carefully:
- Incomplete Quicken software installation
- Another program may have deleted Quicken files
- Harmful elements like viruses or malware made attack on software
- Corrupt Windows Operating System
Basic Troubleshooting Steps of Quicken Error OL-334-A
- Software should be updated to the latest version
- Open Quicken and tap on One step update process
- Keep in mind internet connectivity is strong
- If the internet is inactive, you may face come across update error
- Upgrade the software
- Delete the previous old version of software from your system
- Restart your system and tap continue the process
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure
Methods to Fix Quicken Error OL-334-A
Below the methods are explained in detail. Go through it, and follow the same to fix the Error OL-334-A
Method 1: Shut all Conflicting Programs
- Go to Task Manager by clicking Ctrl+ Alt+ Del together
- List of currently running programs will open
- Go to Program button and click End Process tab
- As soon as you recognize the error causing program, then proceed with troubleshooting steps
Method 2: Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
- For Windows 7, tap Start Button>Control panel>Uninstall program
- Windows 8, go to Start Button>More Settings>Control panel>Uninstall
- Windows 10, Control panel>tap Result>click uninstall
- Now, in Programs and Features, tap Problem program>click Update or Uninstall
Method 3: Upgrade the Virus Protection program
- Delete and prevent your computer from viruses and malware.
- Make sure to update your antivirus so that it properly scans your computer and fix it
Method 4: Re-install Runtime Libraries
There might be chances you are getting the error because of updates like MS Visual C++ package which might not be properly installed. In this case, you should uninstall and reinstall.
- Go to Program and features and search for MS Visual C++ package
- Tap Uninstall. Once done, reboot your system
- Lastly, download the latest package and install it
Method 5: Clean up Action in Run Disk
There might be chances of less free space on hard drive. Thus, in this case, you should backup files and making space on hard drive
- Delete all cache and try to reboot your computer
- Open your explorer Window> right-click on main directory ( C:)>Click Properties>Click Disk Cleanup
Method 6: Reinstall your Graphics Driver
If the error is because of Graphics driver, then follow the below tips:
- Open Device Manager>locate graphics driver
- Make right-click on Video card driver>click uninstall>restart your computer
Method 7: Internet Explorer related Runtime Error
If the issue is related to Internet Explorer, take the following actions into account:
- Reset your web-browser
- For Windows 7: Click Start>Control Panel>Tap Internet Options>tap Advanced tab>Reset button
- For Windows 8 & 10: In search box type Internet Options>Advanced tab>click Reset
- Disable Script debugging
- Go to Advanced tab>Disable script debugging
- Tick mark on Radio option
- Deselect ‘Display a Notification about every Script Error’
- Thereafter, click OK and then reboot your computer
For Instant Help Contact Technical Experts
If you face still face the issues of Quicken Error OL-334-A then connect with the technical team. As the experts have years of experience in the technical field and know the cause behind the errors in Quicken. Therefore, they will assist you to with the best solutions and guide you step by step until it is compiled. Hence, you can choose to connect with professionals and fix the issue. Their service is active throughout 24*7.