QuickBooks Desktop edition has come up with enhancements and new features to improve the desktop version further. QuickBooks 2019 focuses on the greater functionality and workflow process. Some of the important features are highlighted in this article to make the users know about the efficient features of QuickBooks 2019.
Improved features and enhancements of QuickBooks 2019 are listed below:
Sick and Vacation Time Tracking
This option is available with an ‘Active Payroll subscription.’ It is always a struggle to track vacation & sick time in QuickBooks. The biggest complaint that comes for this option is ‘that you end up overpaying for these benefits. There is no warning when your employee has already used sick time in excess.
The pay stub now has a new format to track the sick. The tracker will show Current- Accrued, Used and Available. It will give a clear picture to the employee what amount of leaves is available.
Many times, we are working in the inventory, and we face an issue – There is a mismatch between the balance sheet and the inventory Item summary report. It is by default that you not see ‘inactive items’ in the inventory Item summary. However the ‘inventory total’ would include the inactive items as they appear on the balance sheet. It is going to be difficult to track this.
The improved Inventory Enhancement feature ensures that when you mark an inventory item as ‘Inactive,’ but it still carries a value or a quantity on hand there will be an error message to reflect this.
Moreover, the new feature in ‘Inventory Valuation Summary Report’ will reflect the items that you have ‘Inactivated.’
Improved Invoice Tracker
This feature is already present in QuickBooks Online is now available in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Provides you with a consolidated snapshot- Just click the “History” for one snapshot and view data used on multiple screens.
- Emailed Invoice Status tracker- You can know when the customer has looked at the invoice and you can do a follow up accordingly.
Credit Transfer for Customers and Jobs
The feature helps in applying credit “Memos” across all Jobs. Earlier the user had to create a “Credit memo” for a specific job to be applied. The feature is a great time saver option. The new account that will be created is known as the “The account for credit transfer” to complete this task. The account is ‘Inactive and zeroes out”.
A Check to Pay Bill
The feature is helpful when a client writes “checks” & skips the ‘Pay Bill’ part of QuickBooks. The function will sort out the issue of double expensing by utilizing the checks and bills for the same expense.
QuickBooks prompts and directs to associate the check with an ‘Open bill’. So, when you click – ‘Go to Pay Bills’ it shows a screen with open bills from that vendor. The feature automatically filters the ‘one vendor.’
It is quite easy to Upgrade in the new edition. Activate your QuickBooks desktop account. Once that is done, go to the ‘select an account for activation’ and then press OK. You will come to the window- “Update you’re a QuickBooks Desktop Company File” and update it.
The feature will help you to find your Intuit ‘my account’ that you have used in the past.
Easy Moving QuickBooks to a Different Computer
- Go to file
- Look for Utilities
- Look for the option “Move QuickBooks to another computer.”
- There will be a window saying- “Move QuickBooks to another computer.”
- Press- “I’m ready” option here.
- Enter the one-time password. This password will be used on your new Computer
- Press the option- Continue
- We are ready window will come
- Next will appear a copying window
- Next window that will appear is- “we have copied all we need.”
- Again, enter the one-time password that was used earlier
- We are making the QuickBooks Ready
Everything is completed, and you will come to a window which will say “Do you want to open QuickBooks.”
So, only with a few steps, you can move QuickBooks to another computer.
Backup your data file
QuickBooks 2019 edition has come up with enhanced improvements in the ‘Data Protect’ category.
The new edition has improved messaging, that allows the customers to set up and have their data backed up. If there is any failure in the backup, a prompt email will be sent. To back up the data:
- Go to the Home screen
- On the right-hand side, you need to see the “BACKUP STATUS.”
- Choose the option” Online” here
- Click the hyperlink “Intuit Data Protect.”
- Pass through the series of screens and set an “Online Backup.”
- Choose the correct subscription that matches your license.
- Select files for the backup.
- Choose other ‘critical files’ on your desktop.
- Now select the time of the automatic backup
- Select the option for – when do you want to get notified by an “email.”
- Everything set-up, you will receive an email.
Condense the Data File
Remove the Audit trail and keep the entire history or erase certain transactions while removing the history.
Be cautious while running this step or even seek help from a third-party service provider to safely reduce the file size.
The Enhanced IIF Import feature
With the new IIF import feature, you do not need to check the IIF imports manually. There will be a report that shows the failure. Also, no accounts will be created “by Default” The improved version uses the ‘SDK interface” to insert data. This interface is equipped with the needed validations etc.
Sales Order Worksheets have the “Batch Feature along with Pack and Ship.
The feature is available in QB Enterprise Platinum edition. With the new batch button, you can update several “Sales” orders at once.
You can also pack and print a “Shipping label “as this works well with USPS, UPS and the Federal Express. The tracking info comes to the sales order & it copies to the invoice.
QuickBooks 2019 is filled with upgrades and enhanced features. It is quite ahead of QuickBooks 2018 and will provide a complete desktop solution. It is recommended to speak to an expert at QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1-888-300-3913 who can assist you in understanding these features in details.
QuickBooks 2019 Desktop – ‘Our Summary’
Intuit has just released QuickBooks 2019 Desktop, and over the next few days and weeks, QuickBooks ProAdvisors (for Desktop), Enterprise Users, and QuickBooks Pro/Premier ‘Plus’ subscribers will begin being notified about the availability of the initial release of this software. Soon thereafter, QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Mac versions will start appearing on retailers’ shelves.
Insightful Accountant has been working with various pre-release versions of these products for months, and has had multiple communications with Intuit personnel, including product managers and developers, so we can help you learn as much as you can about the new products. This article is intended to provide a brief synopsis of the fifteen (15) new, changed, improved, expanded and enhanced features to be found in the QuickBooks Desktop 2019 product line-up.
We will also be providing a series of ‘feature minute’ articles in addition to our annual article, ‘My Favorite Newbies’ in which I tell you more about the specific product changes I like best. And look for a special edition of our QB Talks webinar to give you an in-depth look at these new products (more information about the scheduled date and time of that webinar will be outlined in a future article.)
So, for all of you who have been waiting for today’s product release here’s what’s new.
For All 2019 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant and Enterprise (v19) Users
(1) ‘New’ Customer Invoice History Tracker – a ‘new feature’ providing improved status tracking and information about your Invoices. You get real-time visibility of invoice statuses at-a-glance for historical or collection purposes. Expand
Credit: Adapted from Intuit source document.
Note: Invoices must be emailed within QuickBooks for full functionality to apply, you must have an active Internet connection for some information to be displayed, not all capabilities are supported under Microsoft Outlook 2010.
(2) ‘New’ Transfer Credits Between Customer: Jobs – a ‘new’ feature providing a simpler workflow to allow you to transfer credits between different jobs for the same customer. Credits displayed within customer transactions reflect unused credits across all jobs allowing easy transfer of credits between jobs.Expand
Credit: Adapted from Intuit source document.
QuickBooks creates and uses a special ‘Account for Credit Transfer’ Other Current Asset account-type to record the changes which happen ‘behind the scenes’ using journal entries. QuickBooks also sets this account to inactive status (upon creation) so that users do not mistakenly attempt to post transactions to it for other purposes.Expand
Note: Graphic created from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019
While this feature streamlines and automates the same type of manual workflow taught to QuickBooks users traditionally, just be advised that there is no ‘undo’ option for this feature. As the warning shown above advises, you can only undo this transfer by manually making additional journal entries. This feature also does not work when using an ‘Accountant’s Copy’ of a client’s data.
(3) ‘Revised & Enhanced’ Prompt to Create Bill Payment In-lieu-of Write Check – This really is just a change to an advisory message that already existed. But the highlighted option in that message was the Continue Writing Check (blue) button which resulted in many users continuing inappropriately. Expand
Note: 2019 comparison adapted from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019.
QuickBooks 2019 helps to insure the proper workflow is followed by highlighting the proper ‘Go to Pay Bills’ option (blue button) in the new Check for Bills pop-up. When you select this option, QuickBooks not only takes you to the Pay Bills window, but also automatically filters the window for the specific Vendor you initially attempted to write a check for. This streamlines the workflow making it easier than ever to follow the proper procedure.
(4) ‘Revised & Enhanced’ Inactive Inventory Items in Inventory Valuations – Previously, Inventory Reports providing valuations of your stock excluded any item(s) that had been made ‘inactive’ even if those items had quantities on hand. This meant there would be a difference in the amount inventory value on those reports when contrasted with the amount reported as the Inventory Asset account total.
For 2019, QuickBooks Desktop Inventory Valuation reports can include inactive item quantities and values so that you can balance your inventory reports against the inventory assets on your Balance Sheet and General Ledger. A checkbox for ‘Show Inactive Inventory Items’ is located on the report header to the right of the Dates and ‘Hide zero QOH’ options, as highlighted above in the Inventory Valuation Summary.
UPDATE: Subsequent to the original publication of this article on September 4, it was reported, and Insightful Accountant subsequently confirmed, that there is a ‘bug’ associated with this feature. While the new feature includes inactive ‘Inventory Items’ in the computation it does not include inactive ‘Inventory Assembly Items’ (with quantities on hand) in the computation. This means that the report may still not balance to your balance sheet or general ledger even if other irregularities are not present.
(5) ‘Revised & Enhanced’ Intuit Data Protect – Many QuickBooks users have failed to activate Intuit Data Protect even if they were eligible for this off-premise backup solution. Others reported that it was too difficult to set-up, monitor and restore a backup.Expand
The 2019 Intuit Data Protect has been updated to streamline the set-up process and simplify automated QuickBooks backups to Intuit’s ‘cloud servers.’ The solution will also now provide actionable messages in the event of any backup failures to help improve reliability.
(6) ‘Revised & Enhanced’ IIF Import Functionality – Even though IIF import has been used extensively with QuickBooks Desktop, it has a history of file corruption resulting from improperly structured IIF files, formatting errors and a lack of error checking by QuickBooks during the import process. New to QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is an improved IIF Import Functionality that provides SDK verification and validation routines during data import.Expand
Note: Graphics prepared from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019
There is a new interface for IIF Import that helps to ensure that the data meets requirements before it is imported into a user’s QuickBooks Company file. The new functionality still allows you to import both list data and supported transactions, providing you with a summary of your import, the reasons why data failed during import, and giving you the opportunity to fix errors prior to re-import.Expand
Note: Graphic reflects Excel report generated by a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019.
(7) ‘New’ Data File Optimization (Condense Audit Trial) – this new option within the Condense feature of QuickBooks 2019 allows you to reduce your Company file size without losing any of your transactional data. It does so by removing all the audit trail data from the file which can be a significant amount of data especially when files have a substantial history of transaction edits. It also performs some other internal optimization of the database.Expand
Note: Graphics created from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019
As a result, you should see better performance since files could be reduced by as much as 45% in size (although the typical reduction in our testing was around 33%).
(8) ‘Expanded’ Streamlined Move of QuickBooks to Another Computer – while this was another slip-stream feature released during QuickBooks 2018 it is included within Intuit’s list of QuickBooks 2019 features because 2019 will be the first release version in which the feature has been available from the launch of the version.
Much like the ‘Easy Upgrade’ feature described later in this article for QuickBooks 2019 users with a ‘Plus’ Subscription, this tool provides a more simplistic way of moving your QuickBooks program and Company files (up to 3 of them) to an entirely different computer. Expand
Note: Graphics prepared from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019.
In order to make use of this tool users need to have Admin level access to the computer where QuickBooks and the Company files are current resident, a USB (flash memory) drive with sufficient ‘free space’ to hold your Company files (QuickBooks will even tell you how much free space is required as part of starting this process). You also need Administrator level access for the new computer which must also have an active Internet connection.
As a part of this process, QuickBooks copies key information about your current installation, along with the Company files from your original computer to the USB drive. You will also create a complex password that unlocks everything that is transferred onto the new computer. When you begin the process on the new computer, the tool will download the correct version of QuickBooks and install it based upon the information from the USB drive. It will then proceed with setting up your Company files.
For QuickBooks 2019 Pro, Premier, Accountant and Enterprise (v19) Users with a ‘Plus’ Subscription
(9) ‘Expanded’ Streamlined Upgrade of QuickBooks to New Version – this feature was first introduced during 2018 for ‘Plus’ Subscribers, who were still using 2017 versions of QuickBooks, to assist in upgrading them to 2018 versions. 2019 will be the first wide-spread use of this feature and will be available to all Plus Subscribers running 2018 products who are eligible to convert to 2019 versions.
This functionality significantly reduces the issues users may encounter when attempting to upgrade on their own. It just takes a couple of clicks to transition from QuickBooks 2018 to QuickBooks 2019 with this functionality.Expand
Credits: Graphic adapted from Intuit source documents.
This process downloads the new version, installs it on your computer (giving you the option to keep your old version), activates (registers) the product, and replicates and converts your Company files. Streamlines the process, in some cases to under 3- or 4-minutes.
For QuickBooks 2019 Pro, Premier, Accountant and Enterprise(v19) Users with ‘Payroll’ Subscriptions
(10) ‘Expanded’ Employee Pay Adjustment History – If you are using QuickBooks 2019 with a ‘Payroll Subscription’ you will have access to the Employee Pay Adjustment History; which was a slip-stream release during QuickBooks 2018. Insightful Accountant actually wrote about this in December of 2017 in an article titled ‘What Goes Around, Comes Around’. Expand
Note: Graphic report generated on a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019.
This feature allows you to track changes to employee pay rates regarding hourly payroll items, salary and bonus items, and commission items. As I said folks, this isn’t new, but QuickBooks 2019 is the first product edition to have this report available for the entire product lifetime, so Intuit has included it in their comprehensive list of 2019 additions, changes and enhancements (so we are including it here).
(11) ‘Revised & Enhanced’ Sick and Vacation Pay Tracking Changes – improvements have been made in QuickBooks 2019 coupled with an active Payroll Subscription. These changes are designed to provide improved tracking and reporting of sick and vacation time. Expand
Credit: Graphics adapted in-part from Intuit source documents or otherwise prepared from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019 with Enhanced Payroll subscription.
The first such enhancement provides QuickBooks users with a warning when saving a paycheck that exceeds the employee’s available sick and/or vacation time. The second change involves a reformatting of the pay-stub to include information about the Accrued, Used and Available sick and vacation hours.
For All QuickBooks Enterprise (v19) Users
(12) ‘Enhanced’ Sensitive Payroll Permissions Identification – Certain user roles/permissions within QuickBooks Enterprise provide unrestricted access to view all transactions, including Payroll, even when users with those roles or permissions have no explicit access to related areas. New for QuickBooks Enterprise 19 is the ability for the Admin user to identify when any permission level assigned to a user includes access to sensitive payroll information, now marked by an * (asterisk).Expand
Note: Graphics created from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019
While this enhancement does not permit additional granular restriction of such information from roles containing access, it potentially will allow the Admin user to restrict access by altering any users’ role assignments.
For QuickBooks Enterprise (v19) ‘Platinum’ Subscribers using Advanced Inventory features1
(13) ‘Expanded & Enhanced’ Sales Order Pick, Pack and Ship – QuickBooks 2018 saw the introduction of a new Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet and optional Mobile Inventory Barcode Scanners to speed up picking of orders by workers on the floor of the warehouse. QuickBooks 2019 has expanded the functionality to permit packers to prepare the orders for shipment using the same mobile scanners to capture packed contents, shipping weights and packing dimensions.
This new functionality is further extended by integrating the workflow directly with the Shipping Manager features for either FedEx or UPS already built into QuickBooks. Information captured during the packing process is coupled with Sales Order information to not only update packing documents, but also print the shipping labels so that all information is recorded on the centralized dashboard.
(14) ‘Expanded & Enhanced’ Purchase Order Receiving – this is another slip-stream feature introduced during QuickBooks 2018 but is included in the QuickBooks 2019 release notes because this is the first full year that the feature will be available.
Many QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory users who adopted last year’s Sales Order Worksheet and Mobile Scanner features for order fulfillment told Intuit that they wanted additional functionality to help offset the cost of scanner purchases. It seemed only natural that ‘receiving of inventory’ should go right along with sales fulfillment, so this feature incorporates not only a new Purchase Order Management Worksheet and workflow but allows for use of the mobile scanners to record Purchase Order receiving.
With this new feature you essentially identify a Purchase Order for receiving, assign the information to receiving personnel (with a scanner, or optional printed receiving receipt), and scan the merchandise directly into inventory with the mobile device (or enter the receiving information into the PO Worksheet if not using a scanner).Expand
Note: Graphics created from a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019 or otherwise adapted from Intuit source documents.
This has the potential to greatly reduce data entry errors and increase efficiency within the inventory receiving process.
QuickBooks for Mac 2019
(15) ‘Return of an Enhanced’ QuickBooks for Mac – for all you Apple Mac lovers, the Mac specific version of QuickBooks has returned for 2019 and it’s been updated with a variety of features. This is MacOS software running locally on your Apple computer, it is NOT the Mac App for QuickBooks Online. Features for 2019 include:
- Bank/Credit-card Reconcile Discrepancy Report
- Email Tracking for Customers and Vendors
- iCloud Sync for sharing your QuickBooks for Mac file
- Passwords (required) to safeguard sensitive data
- Report Window enhancements
- Square sales data import
We will elaborate more on these features in our QuickBooks for Mac 2019 Feature Minute article in the upcoming days following release.
You may also want to read my good friend Laura Madeira’s article titled ‘QuickBooks Desktop 2019: What’s New and Improved’ at Intuit’s Firm of the Future blog for her perspective, along with additional information about the new releases.
Notes & Disclosures:
1 – Scanners or mobile devices discussed here in association with QuickBooks Enterprise functionality are sold separately, they are not included with QuickBooks Enterprise (v19) subscriptions. Functionalities discussed in this footnoted section are only available with a Platinum subscription to QuickBooks Enterprise (v19).
Graphics or other illustrations used in this article have either been prepared using a pre-release version of QuickBooks 2019 software or were furnished and/or adapted from Intuit source content. Be aware that certain aspects of features described or illustrated herein may have changed between the pre-release software version we used, and the release of QuickBooks 2019 desktop products scheduled for September 4, 2018.
This article is intended to serve as a summary of QuickBooks 2019 product features, it is not an in-depth review, nor has it been written to provide instruction in the proper use of the software. Publication of this article does not constitute any formal endorsement of these products by either the Publisher, Editor or Author.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2020: What’s New & Improved Features?
Every year, Intuit launches its newer version of QuickBooks software, which is one of the most preferred accounting software. Intuit comes up with some adds to the features and functionalities, which makes QuickBooks a seamless software. The newest release is the QuickBooks desktop 2020, which is designed and developed in a way that has the capability to take the business to new heights. The launch time is certainly the favorite times of the year for QB users and they are excited to follow up what’s new in the new version.
So, to update you with the features that roll in with QuickBooks desktop 2020, we have come up with this article. So, make sure to stay tuned with this article till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our experts and certified accounting professionals and they will answer all your queries. Directly connect with our accounting experts using our customer support line.
You may also read: How to download QuickBooks desktop trial links?
Brief into QuickBooks desktop 2020
QuickBooks desktop 2020 was release on September 20th, 2019. Intuit launched QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant, and Enterprises 2020. Whereas, the enterprises software is available in here different versions: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The platinum version comes with all the features of the other two and also some added attributes. This 2020 version of QB boasts various features and improvements. We will be discussing the features introduced in the new version later in this post.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Plans and Pricing
As mentioned earlier, the QuickBooks Enterprise software is categorized into:
- QuickBooks Enterprise Silver
- QuickBooks Enterprise Gold
- QuickBooks Enterprise Platinum
And the prices for each varies and as one moves from silver to gold or platinum, a slight or visible increase could be seen.
QuickBooks Enterprise Silver Edition
The QuickBooks enterprise silver pack is the lowest edition of QuickBooks Enterprise, which comes with necessary features, but might have restricted choices. This version doesn’t come with enhanced payroll, advanced inventory, and pricing feature, which can be seen in the other two editions. It includes the following features:
- Handle customer support
- Online storage facility
- Special benefits under the priority circle customer loyalty program
- Automatic product up-gradation
- Advance reports
QuickBooks Enterprise Gold Edition
Now comes a slightly higher version of QuickBooks enterprise is QuickBooks enterprise gold, which is not only higher in terms of prices but also in terms of features.
- Hand payroll process or any number of users
- Creating unlimited of paychecks
- Direct payment to worker without any extra charges
- Calculating tax as per the taxation rules
- Generating W-2 forms on its own
- Paying payroll taxes in time without any penalties
QuickBooks Enterprise Platinum Edition
The advanced edition of QuickBooks enterprise is the platinum version. It comes up with all the features involved in the gold and silver packs and also some additional features.
- Advanced pricing feature
- Advanced inventory feature
Comparing QuickBooks Enterprise version on the basis of their prices
|No. of Users||Silver QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise||Gold QuickBooks|
|Platinum QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise|
|1 User||$1155/year Annual subscription*||$1502/year Annual subscription*||$1848/year Annual subscription*|
|2 Users||$1848/year Annual subscription*||$2195/year Annual subscription*||$2541/year Annual subscription*|
|3 Users||$2310/year Annual subscription*||$2657/year Annual subscription*||$3003/year Annual subscription*|
|4 Users||$2772/year Annual subscription*||$3119/year Annual subscription*||$3465/year Annual subscription*|
|5 Users||$3234/year Annual subscription*||$3581/year Annual subscription*||$3927/year Annual subscription*|
|6 Users||$3581/year Annual subscription*||$3927/year Annual subscription*||$4274/year Annual subscription*|
|7 Users||$3927/year Annual subscription*||$4274/year Annual subscription*||$1848/year Annual subscription*|
|8 Users||$4274/year Annual subscription*||$4620/year Annual subscription*||$4967/year Annual subscription*|
|9 Users||$4620/year Annual subscription*||$4967/year Annual subscription*||$5313/year Annual subscription*|
|10 Users||$4967/year Annual subscription*||$5313/year Annual subscription*||$5660/year Annual subscription*|
|Up to 30 Users||$7277/year Annual subscription*||$7623/year Annual subscription*||$7970/year Annual subscription*|
Latest Features of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2020
Below is a list of new features of QuickBooks Desktop enterprise solutions edition in detail:
Scheduled Customer payment reminders (Get Paid Faster)
This feature basically allows the user to create emails to send reminders to the customer for making payments against the invoices. The user is free to create different types of mailing lists for various clients. Also, this feature allows to customize messaging and change them according to the delay in invoices. Multiple reminders can be set depending on the number of days the invoices are due. When the user access QuickBooks file, he/she will get the total control to review the invoices before sending them to final client. Not only this, the user will also get to know if the client has seen the email and trail from the final payment.
Make purchase order as subject line
The new desktop 2020 version can help you in putting the customer’s order number as the email’s subject line and along with that, the user can also attach the invoice. This will enable the client to spot the email by purchase order and also they would not have to waste time in browsing through every attachment in the inbox.
The express pick pack feature of QuickBooks desktop 2020 will let the user to assign the picking and packing jobs to the same person, which will further simplify the process up to a certain extent. For this the user will have to move to the customers and select sales order fulfillment worksheet. And then the user will have not have to manage to deliver the sales order, as it will go to the right section ready to assign on its own.
You may also read: Which Windows 10 versions are compatible with QuickBooks desktop?
Landed cost calculation
The newest version of QuickBooks eases the process to calculate the landed cost. The real cost of a product sold normally carried shipping, freight, and other related expenses that are incurred during sales of the product. The added cost components can be included in the cost of the item while it is sold, and then the user will get the accurate margin reporting.
Employee self-setup (Easy payroll setup)
This is a newly introduced feature in QuickBooks desktop enterprise 2020 version that will have an option to invite employees to update their details, bank details, and tax related details via secure link. The user will have to add an employee and an invitation email will then be sent to him to furnish the payroll details.
The users now get a centralized center for the user to manage and handle vendor contact and cost data. This feature will help the user to add alternative vendors for item codes. This feature is only available for enterprise users in the united stated and Canada. To use this feature, the user will have to move to the vendor center and then click on the item’s options. The user can also use alternative vendors to assign items to a particular vendor.
While checking a purchase order, the user will have a button to compare vendors and then select the appropriate option to purchase comparing item rates or vendor pricing.
Read Also: How to restore backup files in QuickBooks?
Payroll status for direct deposit
The user can find out the status of direct deposit inside QuickBooks desktop 2020 version. And then move to the employees and then click on the view payroll run status.
Company file search becomes easy (After an upgrade)
The QuickBooks desktop 2020 will help the user to find the company file in a swift manner. It can save a significant amount on time and help in being more productive.
QuickBooks upgrade becomes easier
This feature introduced in the 2020 version allows to upgrade to a newer version with much ease. The user will have access to relatively better pricing, if he/she makes purchase through local QuickBooks product expert.
See Also: What is QuickBooks file doctor?
Improved smart help option
The user can simply access improved smart help feature while working on a QuickBooks company file. All you have to do is to click on the F1 key and then select the help option and then select the QuickBooks desktop help from the menu bar. This will offer relevant assistance to complete tasks with much ease. And also, this feature permits accessing Intuit help content and community content. Enterprise users can also access the chat support.
Combine multiple emails with this feature
The combine multiple emails feature can only be accessed to non-payment customers and with this, the users will be able to combine all forms in one email. The user will simply have to click the option while composing the email and the subject will read transaction from (your company file name). If you are having the United stated, and UK or Canada version, then this feature can be easily accessed.
Horizontally collapse columns in class reports or jobs
If you want to hide/unhide multiple columns in a report, then it is possible with QuickBooks desktop 2020. No need to export long slow reports to MS excel for customizing columns to be displayed.
Tracking all financial transactions
- Tracking sales, taxes and customer payments
- Accepting credit card payment in QuickBooks
- One get time to time technical support, and product expert
- Online backup and data protection
- Accessing from anywhere, anytime, and device with hosting subscription
- Working in multi-user mode
- Work in two company file at the same time
- Tracking fixed assets with fixed asset manager
- Creating a customized financial report with the help of Intuit statement writer
- Up to 115 users can get permission to access sensitive information
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020 – New & Improved Features
Checkout the latest and improved features of QuickBooks desktop for MAC 2020.
This feature aims at refreshed reporting structure that improves customization usability, presentation, and navigation. This feature allows the user to create customized reports and enable Real-time report updates with much ease.
The dark mode feature aims at the compatibility to use the dark mode user interface offered in Mojave operating system. The user can easily customize the viewing mode within QuickBooks desktop pro for Mac.
The iPhone scanner feature saves time and money by using the iPhone camera to quickly scan key documents. Also, spot the text in photographed bills, receipts, invoices contracts etc.
Bounced check processing
The bounced check feature easily processes the bounced checks and that too while maintaining its authenticity. The user can easily handle the bounced checks with least possibility of mistakes. And also save money for hiring accountants to correct wrongly recorded bounced checks.
You may also read: Latest steps to convert Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop
Inventory cycle count
This feature is included with QuickBooks desktop enterprise 19.0 maintenance release R3 or newer Gold, Silver, or Platinum subscription for using cycle counts with Microsoft excel. It should be noted that to use a mobile device with cycle counts requires Advanced inventory. This can be accessed from menu bar and then selecting inventory and cycle count tab.
With the help of this feature, the QuickBooks enterprise adds additional inventory management efficiencies, depending upon the amount of inventory a company has to manage. Cycle counting is counting a small subset of the inventory products in stock, in contrast to a traditional physical inventory count where operations are halted to count all the inventory items in stock. Cycle counts are less disruptive to daily operations, providing an ongoing measure of inventory accuracy and can be tailored to the specific high value inventory items.
Inventory cycle count work-flow summary, using a mobile scanning device:
- The Enterprise user can create a cycle count by selecting inventory items
- And then the selected items are sent to connected device in the warehouse
- The warehouse user counts and scans the quantity on the mobile device. The counted quantities are sent wirelessly back to the enterprise file for each item
- The enterprise user will select which counted items to add to the automatically populated inventory adjustment transaction. Enterprise user approves the details and saves the record
- The Enterprise user makes the cycle count as closed
Enhanced company snapshot
The user gets more visibility into the business with a centralized dashboard that offers customizable data ranges, layouts, and widgets. The user will also able to configure the information shown, to have exactly what the user needs without running multiple report.
The user can get paid faster by accepting ACH, credit card, or e-check invoice payments. The user will also save a lot of time by having manually recording and processing payments.
QuickBooks desktop enterprise 2020 has come up with a plenty of features, which we have discussed in this post. At the end of this post, we expect that the information shared in above might have helped you in knowing about the enterprise solutions 2020.
However, if any of your queries remained unanswered, then reach our to our QuickBooks enterprise support team with the help of our dedicated support line i.e. +1-888-300-3913. Our U.S. based professionals are available round the clock to provide the best possible assistance in a single call.