Learn how to fix QuickBooks Error OL 301 or OL 393 when trying to connect to your bank or download transactions
Have you stumbled upon the QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393? Well, this error is usually seen when the user tries to update the accounts to download the new bank transactions into the QuickBooks software. This is a specific software error that can be easily fixed by implementing a couple of solutions. The main reason behind such an error can be temporary bank server outage or company file having data integrity issues. This error code often comes with an error message, which could trouble the user.
In today’s article, we will be discussing in detail the processes to fix QuickBooks Error OL-301 or OL-394 errors. Thus, if you are interested, then make sure to read the post carefully till the end. You can also get in touch our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free customer support number.
You may also see: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
What causes QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393?
The error code OL 301 or 393 is usually seen due to certain factors, namely:
- The user might end up in such an error when QuickBooks is not running the most recent update/release
- Also, such an error could be seen if the software has the wrong information saved
- Moreover, if QuickBooks software is not available on the server, then such error is probable to happen
- Along with that, this error will be encountered in case the software is improperly installed
- Another factor can be in case of any virus or malware attack
- Not only this, the user might come across such an error if QuickBooks related files are deleted in a wrong way
Before starting off with the troubleshooting measures, the user should ensure to carry out the below two tasks:
- Creating a QuickBooks data file backup
- And turning off the automatic download transactions into register.
Read also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
Symptoms of QuickBooks error OL 301 or OL 394
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 7010?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks banking error OL 301 or OL 393
As we mentioned earlier, fixing these issues becomes easy, if a couple of methods are followed properly. Below are the solutions that can help the user to get rid of these errors successfully:
Method 1: Reactivating the deactivated account
- The user needs to first navigate to the tools and add account tab
- And then select the type of an account such as checking, saving, etc.
- After that, click on the advanced setup
- And then type the name of the bank/financial institution
- Now, click on next
- Followed by selecting a suitable connection method and hit next
- The user is then required to enter the bank username and password
- Also, click on connect
- In the next step, QuickBooks starts to look up your accounts at a bank
- Now, after you see the list of your accounts, make sure to reactivate the accounts
- And then, link it with an existing account in QuickBooks desktop
- The next step is to click on Next and finish
Method 2: Make sure to check hidden account
At times, hidden accounts with the same bank can cause issues, as they might be available with the online download, which is no longer available with the bank. In order to verify the hidden accounts, the steps below should be followed:
- The user will have to navigate to the tools and account list
- After that, check show hidden accounts
- Now, click on edit too the hidden account
- And also, select the online services to ensure that hidden account is no longer available with the online services
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006?
Method 3: Deactivating an account
- For this method, the user needs to navigate to the tools and then opt for the account list
- After that, click on edit to an account that cause the issue
- Also, select the online services tab
- Followed by clicking on deactivate
- The next step is to click on yes to confirm
- And then click on OK and done
Method 4: Verifying the account information
- In this process, the user needs move to the tools and account list tab
- After that click on edit to the account which is in question
- Followed by selecting the general tab and then verify the account information such as an account number, customer id, etc
Method 5: Look for the account that failed to update
The user is supposed to check the account that failed to update. This can be done by:
- Firstly, navigating to the tools
- And then select one step update summary
- After that, see an account that is in question with a red heading and error code.
Method 6: Updating QuickBooks to the latest release
For updating the QuickBooks to the latest release, the below steps would work:
- The user will have to open QuickBooks
- And then move to the help and then click on Update QuickBooks
- After that, click on yes to launch it, once the update is downloaded
Method 7: Refresh online account information
In case none of the above methods worked for you in fixing the QuickBooks error OL- 301, or 393, then the user can try refreshing the online account information. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user will simply have to click on account
- And then, after the account register is open, click on the top right gear icon with the drop down menu
- Also, click update now
- The next step is to enter a vault or bank password when asked to
- And to end the process, click on update now
Fixing these QuickBooks error code OL 301 or OL 393 might seem to be a daunting task, but at the same time these errors could be fixed easily, if the above steps are followed properly. In case, you continue to face the same issue even after carrying out the above methods, then we highly recommend you to consult our QuickBooks premier support team.
Give us a call right away at our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-888-300-3913, and we will ensure to fix the error for you permanently.
Fix Error code: OL-301 or 393
Are you getting the error with a pop up that says problem connecting? Does that error ask you to check your account info?
So let’s look at what exactly it is.
You will normally see this error when QuickBooks Desktops try to download transactions and even when trying to connect to your bank. The Error can be Error code OL-301 or Error code OL–393.
Reason for this error can be a disturbing network or communication interruption between the bank and your QuickBooks desktop.
How to get rid of this? It can be fixed by checking the QuickBooks company file and the bank connection.
Let us see the steps to do that. But the most important is to create a backup of your company file.
First, we will create a test company file. This will help to check if the problem is with QuickBooks or form the bank’s end.
- To do this in QuickBooks, under the File menu select New Company.
- Now, select Express Start.
- This will open a setup window and here we will enter all the required info.
- After all, is provided click on Create Company.
Now, what is the result of this? After performing the steps above either the issue will be resolved or you will get the same error.
What if you get the same error?
Inference can be that there can be a problem in establishing a connection with your bank.
This can be due to the reason that your bank failed to authenticate your QuickBooks account. You might have reinstalled QuickBooks or the saved information got removed from QuickBooks or for any reason your bank wants re-authentication.
What you need to do is, log into your online banking and see if there is any notification to allow QuickBooks. If there is none then please contact your bank to know the possibility of the interruption in the connection.
But what if the error does not appear, that means the error was not with the bank and you need to continue troubleshooting.
Second, we will check the connection with your bank. There can be a possibility that there was an update in the services of the bank from their server end so we will Turn Off and On your Bank Feed.
- To Turn Off Bank Feed:
- Go to List.
- Open Chart of Accounts.
- Select Edit Account for the account that needs to be deactivated.
- This will open a box, there scroll to the Bank Feed Settings tab and Deactivate all online services.
- This will provide a confirmation message, you have just disabled one or more online services for the account but it does not cancel the services with the bank. Give an OK to it.
- Then Save and Close.
Note: If you face any issue or any unexpected error occur then contact QuickBooks support.
- Now similarly Turn On Bank Feed.
But if we still get the error let us see what next can we do.
It can be that resetting the connection with one bank did not help. So, third, we will reset the connections for all the accounts even the inactive accounts.
- Go to List.
- Open Chart of Accounts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the box and check to Include inactive. As we need to reset connection for even hidden accounts.
- Now Turn Off Bank Feed following the same steps as mentioned above.
- Later Turn On Bank Feed for all the accounts.
Note: If you face any issue or any unexpected error occur then contact QuickBooks support.
But if we still get the error, what next?
Fourth we will run a quick check on our company data, even there can be a possible issue.
To fix data issue we will run the rebuild tool. To run that:
- Click on File.
- Then Click Utilities.
- The Rebuild Data.
- This will open a window, select OK.
- The rebuild will go on for a while and computer might seem not responding but it is running. You will even receive a prompt to backup data.
- Then OK and rebuild is complete.
Note: If rebuild tool was run twice and still you face any issue or any unexpected error occurs then contact QuickBooks support.
And if none of the steps above resolve the issue then get in touch with your bank and make sure to speak to someone who is aware of QuickBooks and banking services.
To Know more about QuickBooks error, Call QuickBooks error support on their toll-free number. Also, you can write to us at [email protected] Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24×7 available at your service.
Fix OL 301 and OL 393 QuickBooks Online Banking Connection Error
In this article, we are going to guide you through a progressive method of resolving QuickBooks error OL 301 and OL 393 that shows up while connecting or downloading banking transactions online. You might get an error message “Your financial institution sent an error message. It might be because your account info changed or they haven’t turned on a service, like online bill pay. Find common fixes for this error or give your bank a call” once encountered the OL 393 or OL 301 error. You can effortlessly rectify these errors by following the set of instructions mentioned further in the article.
If you need Prompt Help Resolving QuickBooks OL Errors – Call Customer Service Helpline Number (844)-888-4666 now
What Triggers OL 301 and OL 393 Errors in QuickBooks
There are many variations of OL errors with different error codes that one can face while using online banking in QuickBooks. Error OL 393 and Error OL 301 arises when for some reasons QuickBooks is not able to verify users information with the bank or is not able to connect with the bank due to some technical faults.
You might also notice a different type of error message displayed on the screen “QuickBooks and the bank cannot exchange data because they have different account information.” after getting one of these errors. Down below listed are all the possible reasons that cause QuickBooks bank connection error OL 301 and OL 393.
- The bank account information entered in QuickBooks Desktop is incorrect.
- You are trying to access a service that is not yet activated like (Online Bill Payment Service).
- Incorrect login credentials for online banking.
- The status of your account is inactive, or your account is blocked by the bank for some reasons.
- Your identity confirmation request is still under process by the bank.
- The server used by the bank is down due to maintenance.
- The company file that you are using in QuickBooks Desktop is damaged or corrupt.
NOTE: If you have recently installed a new version of QuickBooks Desktop or updated the version you are using then it is suggested that you verify your identity to your bank once again. To verify your identity to the bank, sign in to your online banking using a web browser and check the notification for the identity confirmation request.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error OL 393 and Error OL 301
Before proceeding further with the troubleshooting steps make sure to take a backup of your QuickBooks Desktop company file, as it will eliminate the risk of losing important company’s data.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Setup a New Company Test File
- Click the File tab and select New Company.
- Hit the Express Start option.
- Fill all the required information to create a company and hit Create Company button.
- If you don’t get any error using this test company file, then follow further troubleshooting steps but in case the problem persists then this might be happening because of some technical glitches at your bank’s end, and you should contact your bank for further help and information.
- Once you contact your bank, ask them to verify your account info so that you can use QuickBooks without getting any OL errors.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Reset the Connection of your Account in QuickBooks
- Click Chart of Accounts from under the Lists
- Locate and right-click the account and choose Edit Account.
- Under the Bank Feed Settings tab, click Deactivate all online services.
- Click OK and then Save & Close.
Once the online bank feed of the account is deactivated, we need to reactivate the online bank feed once again, follow the steps below for reactivation
- For Direct Connect – click Bank Feeds under the Banking tab and select Set up Bank Feed for an Account option.
- Choose your bank and fill all the information that is required.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process.
- For Web Connect – Login to your online banking account and download the banking transaction file in .qbo format and save it on the desktop.
- Click Utilities under the File tab.
- Click Import and then Web Connect Files.
- Select the .qbo file that is saved on the desktop and hit Open.
- Now select Use an existing QuickBooks account option in the Bank Account
- Hit OK after you see Your Web Connect data has been successfully read into QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Check QuickBooks for any Inactive Accounts
- Select Chart of Accounts from the Lists
- From the Accounts drop down menu, select Show Inactive Accounts.
- Right click any account that is inactive and select Edit Account.
- Under the Bank Feed Settings tab check mark the Deactivate all Online Services option.
- Click OK on the confirmation window.
- Restart QuickBooks and check the status of error OL 301 and error OL 393.
- Repeat the same process and deactivate any other inactive accounts.
- Follow next troubleshooting step if still getting the same error.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Check QuickBooks Desktop Company File for any Errors
QuickBooks File Doctor repairs any damage in the data file automatically. For complete instructions on how to use QuickBooks File Doctor, follow our article on How to Fix Damaged Company File.
If there is severe data damage, then you might get error OL-301 and OL-393 even after running rebuild data utility multiple times. If this is the case, then we suggest you call Desktop Technical Helpline Number +1-888-300-3913 for help as you might lose a significant amount of critical company’s data because of such data damage in the company file. Our experts are proficient in handling such cases and provides complete resolution to such types of errors to QuickBooks users.
QuickBooks Error OL-301 (QuickBooks Not Syncing With Bank) Resolved
QuickBooks error OL-301 is an online banking error that you may receive while downloading or accessing your transactions. Reconciling QuickBooks with your bank or credit card accounts can help you to track your income, expenses, and other expenses without making a double entry. You can easily detect any discrepancies in your transactions and get better insights for your business. However, you may face various communication issues with your financial institution, such as this same QuickBooks Error code.
Received QuickBooks banking error OL-301 from your bank and looking for the solution? Get in touch with an expert by dialing our QuickBooks error customer support number (855)-526-5749
What does QuickBooks Error Code OL-301 mean?
When you see a QuickBooks error message OL-301 on your screen, this means, there is a communication problem between QuickBooks and your bank. As per the message, error takes place due to a change in the account info or a disabled service that should be turned on. Next, you will see a recommendation to reach out to your financial institution with the Error code: OL-301. QuickBooks error OL-393 is also a similar error code that can occur when QuickBooks fails to verify the user’s information provided to the bank.
Possible Causes behind QuickBooks Not Syncing With Bank Error OL-301:
The connection error between the bank and QuickBooks OL-301 can be caused due to various possible reasons. Below is the list-
- Any discrepancies between the information provided to bank and QuickBooks can lead to the QuickBooks bank connection error OL 301 and OL 393.
- A service you are trying to utilize is dormant and needs to get activated.
- The sign-in credentials you are trying to get into your online banking is not correct.
- Having an inactive status for your account can cause this QuickBooks error.
- You are prone to receive an error message when your account is blocked by your financial institution.
- Bank is processing your identity confirmation request, and you are confronting the error until the identification is made.
- A corrupt or damaged company file can also trigger the error OL-301 and OL 393.
- Bank’s server is under maintenance, preventing you from getting connected.
NOTE: You can check the availability of your banking website by click here
How to Fix Intuit QB Error Message Code OL-301?
After getting aware with all the likely reasons for the QuickBooks online banking error OL-301, it becomes easier to resolve the error speedily. The first step is to create a test file that can help you to get the half work done.
Step 1- Detect Cause of Error by Creating a Test Company File
By creating a test file, you can dig out if the error is created due to your bank or an issue in QuickBooks.
- Select New Company by navigating the File menu.
- Now, you need to select Express Start to proceed.
- Next, provide the Setup window with all the required information and then select Create Company
After performing the above-given procedure, check if you are getting QuickBooks error OL-301 again. If yes, then the error is arising due to an erroneous connection from your bank. If you have recently installed QuickBooks, then check if you have received any security notification from your financial institution.
Contrarily, if you don’t receive an error, then you should keep performing the troubleshooting solutions until the connection error between bank and QuickBooks OL-301 is resolved.
Steps 2- Re-establish Connection to Your Bank
You are here; it means that something in QuickBooks has evoked the error and you have to fix the concerned issues one by one. Check bank connection and reset it if it is not intact. To get this job done, you have to turn off and turn on your bank feed. This action will refresh the QuickBooks connection to your bank. Again, try to perform the same action to check for the QuickBooks error OL-222, OL-301, OL-393.
Step 3- Perform Step 2 for All Banking Connections
If resetting the connection to a single account doesn’t help then refresh the networks for all accounts including those which are dormant or hidden from Chart of Accounts.
- From QuickBooks List menu and select Chart of Accounts
- Navigate to the bottom of the list and select Include inactive
- Now, turn off bank feeds for all the accounts including inactive ones
- Next, turn on bank feeds for all accounts, you have selected.
If you again see QuickBooks error OL-301, then proceed further to the next step.
Step 4- Check Issues with Your Company Data
Check if the error is caused due to damaged or corrupted company data. To achieve this task, you download and run the Rebuild tool twice. It can fix all the major issues related to the company data.
Step 5- Get In Touch With Your Financial Institution:
If none of the above-given steps can resolve the QuickBooks online banking error OL-301, then you can reach out to your bank immediately. Describe your issues related to your account with the QuickBooks Online Banking.
Resolving QuickBooks online banking connection error OL-301 can be an intimidating task and requires your utmost attention to the details. However, you can anytime reach qualified QuickBooks professionals and get relevant help for the concerning QuickBooks error code OL-301. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number +1-888-300-3913 and get QuickBooks error OL-301 immediately.
QuickBooks Error OL-301 (When Updating Accounts)
QuickBooks Error OL-301 occurs when you’re trying to download bank transactions into it. Error Code OL-301 usually occurs because of a temporary bank server outage or your company file may have some issues.
So, In this article, we’ll find the causes behind this problem and get them fixed permanently in QuickBooks desktop. Sometimes, your bank also needs the confirm your identity to access their online services for QuickBooks.
Note: QuickBooks Error Code OL-301 can be caused by any of your financial institutions and the process to fix it may also be complex. You can speak with our experts for a quick resolution. Dial our TollFree or Leave us your message.
Things to do before fixing this error code
A. Contact your bank or financial institution
We recommend you to contact your financial institution first because there could be a possibility that they’re making some changes onto their server(s) or website(s) and that is the reason for having this trouble in QuickBooks desktop. If they’re running with some issues please wait for 24-48 hours and if they’re not please proceed further with the below troubleshooting steps
B. Make a backup for your company files
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
3. Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
Quick Note: You may also face QuickBooks Error OL-393.
5 Simple steps to fix QuickBooks Error OL-301
STEP 1: Deactivate and Reactivate Bank Feeds
Deactivate Bank Feed
1. Go to List > Chart of Accounts (CTRL+A)
2. Right-clickon the account(s) from the list that causing this error code to you and select Edit Account
3. Click on Bank Settings
4. Select Deactivate All Online Services
5. Click OK
6. Select Save and Close
Reactivate Bank Feed
1. Go to List > Chart of Accounts (CTRL+A)
2. Right-click on the account(s) from the list that causing this error code to you and select Edit Account
3. Click on Set Up Bank Feeds… and then Yes to close all open QuickBooks windows
4. Next screen prompts you to enter your bank(s) name and click Continue
5. Now on the next windows enter your bank Username and Password and click Connect
6. QuickBooks will take some time to pull up your bank account(s), once it found them LINK the account(s) with a respective existing account
7. Click Next
STEP 2: Run Verify and Rebuild Utilities
Run Verify Utilities
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop
2. Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
3. Click OK to close all open windows
4. If QuickBooks doesn’t detect any problem with your data click OK
5. If QuickBooks found some issues with your data click on Rebuild
Run Rebuild Utilities
1. Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
2. Click OK and then Save to create a backup
3. Once rebuild has completed click on View Results
4. If you found 0 issues please proceed further with the below steps
5. If you found any issues with your data, you can speak with our experts
STEP 3: Create a Test company file
If you can download the bank transactions
After creating a new test file if you can download the bank transactions that means that your primary company file may have some issues, please contact our experts in order to do more troubleshooting.
If you can’t download the bank transactions
After creating a new test file if the same issue still exists that means your bank needs your confirmation to verify your identity or they’re making some changes on their server(s) or website(s). In that situation, you need to contact your bank and speak with their QuickBooks experts team.
STEP 4: Enable TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard and a Run box will pop out
- Type INETCPL.CPL to open Internet Properties
- Now click on the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the security section
- Uncheck the Use TLS 1.0 and make a check on Use TLS 1.2
- Click Apply and OK
- Now restart your computer
Step 5: Identity Confirmation Request from Bank
Your bank may also ask you for identity confirmation for using online services in QuickBooks Desktop. It generally happens after upgrading QuickBooks or updating the current version.
Also, you need to login to your bank’s website in order to confirm your identity. Please check the notification or message center for confirmation update. You can also contact your financial institution for the same.
After following all the above steps you’ll no longer face QuickBooks error code OL-301 but in case it still exists please speak with our experts.
How to Fix Error Code OL-301 in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Error OL-301 usually arises due to connection problem with the financial institution while using the direct Connect. QuickBooks accounting software is highly vulnerable to this error code. In this technical blog post, we are going to let you know about the process to resolve the QuickBooks Error OL-301 & its causes. However, if you seek expert advice – you can reach to the QuickBooks error support team immediately.
Learn how to fix Error OL 301 when trying to connect to your bank or download transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What Causes QuickBooks error OL 301?
Whilst using the QuickBooks frequently, you might see this error code known as OL-301. Well, one of the potential reasons why OL-301 error appears is – connection problem in the financial institution while using the Direct Connect or a there is a company file issue. We are just making an attempt through this article to endow you with the directions that you should pursue to fix the QuickBooks error OL- 301.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 301
In the beginning, you want to update the QuickBooks to the newer release. Later, you have to refresh the branding & profile settings.
Solution 1: Delete the Temporary Internet files
If you do not update the QuickBooks to the newer version after then you’ll have to continue with the “Delete Temporary Internet files” field shown below:
- Initially, you should choose the “Tools” option and later select the “Online Center” icon.
- Click on the drop-down arrow that states Financial Institution. Later than that, you should choose the financial institution.
- Now, press the “CTRL+Shift” keys simultaneously and then hit onto the “Contact Info” icon.
- In the drop-down list, you will have to opt one of the accounts that is affiliated with the bank.
- From the list, hit onto the Financial Institution Branding & Profile and later click on the “Refresh” button.
- Hit onto the “OK” icon and later go online by choosing the “Update/Send” tab.
- Lastly, you have to restart the online sessions.
Moving further, you’ll need to delete your temporary internet files. Let’s discuss their steps:
Follow the Steps Need to Pursue on Certain Windows Versions:
For Windows 7/8:
- Initially, click on the “Start” button & then hit onto the “Control Panel” icon.
- Go to the “Network and Internet” field & hit on it.
- Click on the “Internet” icon.
- Select the “General” icon, & choose the “Delete” tab under the Browsing history.
- Hit onto the “Delete all” icon & then choose the “Yes” icon to make sure that you have to remove this information.
- Finally, hit onto the “OK” tab to end the process.
For Windows 10:
- Initially, hit onto the “Start” tab & choose the “Control Panel” tab.
- In the Windows 10, control panel is situated in the Windows System folder located in the “Start” option.
- Later, hit onto the “Network and Internet” icon.
- Hit onto the “Internet Options” field.
- Choose the “General” icon.
- Select the “Delete” icon under the browsing history.
- Select the “Delete all” tab.
- At last, chose the “Yes” icon to make sure that you want to remove this information, & then hit onto the “OK” tab.
And if you have any issues with the windows version of QuickBooks then don’t hesitate to contact QuickBooks desktop for windows support.
For Windows 10 (Alternate):
But if in case, you are not able to locate the Control Panel, just follow these steps:
- In order to start, click on the “Start” icon & later choose to open the File Explorer.
- Choose the “C: drive” icon & then choose to open the “Properties” tab.
- Hit onto the “Disk Cleanup” icon.
- After that, you need to click uncheck on everything with the exception of Temporary Internet Files.
- Again click on the “OK” option.
- Finally, you need to click on the “Delete Files” option to end the process.
Solution 2: Manually resolve the error
- Create a ‘Test company file‘
- Reset the connection to your bank.
- Reset all ‘online banking connections’.
- Check your company data.
- Contact your bank.
Hopefully, this technical article would be helpful for you..! If the problem persists even after following the above steps are prescribed, then you can contact our QuickBooks online support team at their toll-free number i.e. +1-888-300-3913.