Do you know QuickBooks has also a doctor? Yes, QuickBooks has also a doctor called QuickBooks file doctor. Actually, QuickBooks file doctor is a tool, which can fix the network issues, and damaged company file issues in a few seconds, that’s why it is called the doctor of QuickBooks File. Are you interested to know about this tool? If yes, then hurry up, and continue with us till the end of the blog.
Save Time & Effort Get Help From Expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number
QuickBooks file doctor tool is the part of the QuickBooks tool hub. As we all know QuickBooks tool hub has six tools that help you to resolve your QuickBooks error. Such as company file issue, Network Issue, Program Problems, Installation Issue, and password reset Tool. And when you face any company file issue, then you have to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool which exists inside the Company file issues.
- Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- Limitation to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Functions, and Procedure to Download, Run, & Use the File Doctor Tool:
- Test Results of QuickBooks File Doctor to Resolve Network Issue
- Wrapping Up
So whenever if you are unable to access company files, that do not exist in their current computer system – but exist in other connected network PC. Then you need to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. So that you can resolve your QuickBooks company files related issues. While if you face QuickBooks error 600 series. Then you need to use the Network issue tab. See below the image of the QuickBooks tool hub.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
We can divide the file doctor tool into two types, and they will be named as:
- Built-in file doctor tool (QuickBooks Desktop 2016, and for later)
- QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone version
The stand-alone version of QuickBooks file doctor is used for the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager is installed for the purpose of hosting. So, in this blog, we will discuss the built-in file doctor.
Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The built-in file doctor tool allows the users to repair files and data, network, and diagnosis repair. Windows 10, 8, 7, and Server 2003-2012 users can only use the built-in version of the file doctor tool. The tool will not be supported in all versions of QuickBooks like; QuickBooks for MAC, as we told in the above line the tool will be supported in the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version or the latest version.
Limitation to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
There are some limitations to use QuickBooks file doctor tool. So if you want to use the tool, then read all the limitations to use the tool without facing any problem.
- A strong internet connection is needed to download, and upload the QuickBooks file for manual repair.
- If in case, you are unable to open any company file then, run the tool, and if the file is able to open then, work on it, and don’t run the tool.
- Always remember that, the maximum file size of the file should be 2GB.
- To Diagnosis the network issue, you need to login as an administrator to run the tool.
- The network diagnosis, and the QuickBooks file repair are on by default.
Functions, and Procedure to Download, Run, & Use the File Doctor Tool:
Here is the proper guidance to set up the QuickBooks File doctor, follow the steps carefully, and sove your problem as soon as possible.
Functions of QuickBooks File Doctor
While working with QuickBooks, usually you face many errors such as damaged company files, networking error, and many errors. Then you search for the solution to fix the QuickBooks error. Don’t worry, because of this QuickBooks file doctor comes with standard functions to repairs your damaged company file and fixes many types of QuickBooks error.
- Its standard function helps to repair the corrupted QuickBooks data file.
- Resolves all errors of the QuickBooks error 6000 series.
- Recovers missing data or blank lists properly.
- QuickBooks remote access your QuickBooks company File from one system to another system.
- Network issues in accessing multi-user setup error.
- Fix networking error and QuickBooks error H202, H101, H102, H103, and many.
- Repair your company files by using the file doctor tool.
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- To download the tool first close your QuickBooks software.
- Then download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Download).
- Save tool hub file with extension .exe on desktop.
- After that, continue to follow on-screen steps to install.
- Then, agree to its terms and conditions.
- Now you have downloaded your QuickBooks tool hub.
Note: Once it gets installed, Make sure the system has letest.Net Framework. Because without .Net framework you can’t use QuickBooks tool hub.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
To run the QuickBooks file doctor tool, here we have provided two methods for easy understanding of users. Read and examine the procedures and follow that process which will be easy for you.
- After the complete download and install of QuickBooks Tool Hub go to the company file issues tab, and click on it.
- Then select the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ from the company file issues tab.
- Wait for a couple of time, it will open automatically.
- If in case, file doctor tool is not opening on the screen then you can search for the QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and can open it manually.
- After the launch of the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ Tool, select the company file from the drop-down list.
- You can also go for the ‘Browser and Search’, option to find your file, if you are unable to see the company file.
- Then click on the ‘Check your file’ option, and then on the ‘Continue’ option.
- In the next step enter the QuickBooks admin Password, and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Then the scanning process will be started automatically, it may take some time to finish the process according to the company file and will also resolve the issue that you have faced in the company file.
- After the complete scanning process, you can open the QuickBooks again and can go to that file where you found the issue.
Here was the first procedure to run the tool through the tool hub, hope you like it. And here is the second procedure in the below, which will also help you to run the tool manually.
- After installing the QuickBooks tool hub you have to click on the Start button from the taskbar.
- Then click on QuickBooks Tool hub
- And then click on the Company File tab.
- Now Select your company file by the Browser button, (which file has QuickBooks errors.)
- And then you will see QuickBooks file doctor Button click on it to run the tool.
- And click on the check file damage option and click on OK
- If your file is protected then it will ask for the user name and password. Then you have to provide login credentials to use the company file.
- Then next window will open and ask you to open the company file in an older version of QuickBooks or Repair the file for your existing version. Click on the Repair file for the existing version then click on Next Button.
- Wait for the process completed, then it will ask you to which version you want to open the company file. The select version from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click on Open QuickBooks button
- It will directly open your QuickBooks company file in the selected QuickBooks version.
Note: Keep patience until and unless the entire QuickBooks Diagnose process completes.
How to Use the Build-In File Doctor Tool
Follow the below steps to use the tool perfectly, and this is the process will be applicable only for the built-in version of the tool:
- First of all, open QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- After that, go for the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Repair file and Network problems’ to open the file doctor tool in the built-in version.
- Select the company file browsing it, which need to diagnosis and repair, after that, click the ‘Open’ option.
- Now you can see an option of ‘Show Advanced Setting’, just click on it.
- Choose the appropriate situation that you faced in this issued company file, and go for the ‘Diagnose File’ option.
Test Results of QuickBooks File Doctor to Resolve Network Issue
As you already know, the QuickBooks file doctor can resolve both company file issues and network issues. Here we have given the procedure to resolve the network issues, now see how to do it, and what are the procedures to resolve the network issues.
First of all, you need to turn on the hosting mode if your hosting mode is off, to access the QuickBooks company files over a network. And learn more knowledge regarding the QuickBooks company files in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Company Data Files in Multi-User Mode
Hosting allows the other systems or the workstations to access the file form to the main server, which stores all the company files details. And the QuickBooks Desktop uses a service to manage company file access, here we have given a table of information in below, where you can clearly know which version of QuickBooks Desktop use which type of service.
|QuickBooks Desktop Version||Service Used for QuickBooks Desktop|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2020||QuickBooksDB30|
|QuickBooks Desktop 2019||QuickBooksDB29|
|QuickBooks desktop 2018||QuickBooksDB28|
To Find out the service:
If you want to find out about the service then follow the below steps:
- At first, open your Windows control panel.
- Then go to the user accounts, and find the service.
- After that, look for the service which is suitable for your QuickBooks Desktop version.
Hosting Types, and Its Function
- In the dedicated host, you should ensure the setup of both host, and server.
- In the host server, make sure that the hosting is one, the QuickBooks database server manager is installed, and no users use the QuickBooks in the host server.
- And ensure that the workstations hosting are off, and QuickBooks installed in the workstation system.
Peer to Peer Hosting
- In the peer to peer host, ensure that the host server always turns on, QuickBooks is installed in the host server and the users also use the QuickBooks in the host computer.
- In the workstation, the hosting should be off, and the QuickBooks installed.
- In the alternate hosting system, QuickBooks installed in the host server, and in the workstations.
- In this hosting, the user can use QuickBooks only in the host server.
- QuickBooks not installed in the data server, but all the company files are stored in the data server.
How Company Files are Accessed
The company files accessed according to some conditions, here we have mentioned some of the conditions, have a look:
- Database Server Mode: The company file can successfully open in the database server.
- Windows File Permissions: The QuickBooks user, who is logged in must have the permission of full access, including permission, modify files, and etc.
- QuickBooks User Login: QuickBooks users must have a different QuickBooks user login, ID, and password.
As you see in the above article, the QuickBooks file doctor tool is part of QuickBooks Tool Hub, so you need not get confused between them. And the QuickBooks file doctor is the combination of QuickBooks company file repair tool and QuickBooks network tool. At last, we hope, this article will be very informative for you, and now you are able to download, install, and use the file doctor tool. You can get our ProAdvisor support, if in case you face any problem while following these procedures. Don’t be hesitate to take our help, we always available to help you.
QuickBooks Cannot Communicate With Company File Due to Firewall…How to Back Up QuickBooks Desktop Company FileQuickBooks Company File : Different Operations Performs On ItHow to Upgrade Company File In a New Version of QuickBooks DesktopA Way To Create And Restore a QuickBooks portable Company FileA Way to Identify, Prevent and Fix QuickBooks Company Corrupted File
QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix, Repair Damaged Company Files
The QuickBooks accounting software performs a host of complicated tasks, such as tracking expenses, creating invoices, and preparing taxes, ultimately enhancing the productivity of the business. However, like all the other human-made tools, this robust software also receives certain technical snags that might impact the user’s productivity.
In order to assist the users of the software, Intuit – the maker of QuickBooks, created another accommodating tool that’s called QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD). This amazing tool enables the user to avert QuickBooks company file issues before they turn out to be unrecoverable. File Doctor Tool, along with preventing the data damage, also resolves various QuickBooks network issues. It is a handy gadget that can work well to tackle the issues while working with QB.
This article is a comprehensive guide to make the best out of QuickBooks file doctor tool and learn the various aspects associated with it. However, to know more about this tool, the user can get in touch with our technical support team via our toll-free number i.e.
+1-888-300-3913. Our team of experts and certified professionals will be there to provide you with the most relevant information.
You may also read: How to use QuickBooks remote access?
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
With QuickBooks file doctor tool, the user need not to worry about the damaged or corrupted company files or networks anymore. QuickBooks File Doctor is designed and developed in a way to diagnose and repair bugs that hinders the smooth working of the QB accounting software. QBFD is a simple file repairing tool that allows the users to fix the type of file and data corruption, network diagnosis, windows problem and many others.
With the help of this file doctor tool, the users can fix many of the issues that they face while opening a company file, completely damaged company files, network errors (like Error H101, H202, H303, H505, etc.), and error code -6000 (QB Error -6000, -82, QB Error -6000, -305, QB Error -6147, etc.). This tool was launched in the year 2012 by Intuit. Before this particular tool, Intuit has two different programs to solve different issues, namely the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and the QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool. These two tool were combined in one program that is the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
This tool is built-in to 2014 R5 and later versions, but internal file doctor only helps the user in resolving data regarding issues, apart from that it will not help the user to access company file issues or getting any type of issues.
You can download, install and run QuickBooks File Doctor to get rid of data damage in your software.
When to use QuickBooks file doctor tool?
You can make the best use of the file doctor tool for resolving the following critical company file errors.
|Unable to open company file||Error -6150|
|Error 6000 -82||QuickBooks Error -6000 -305|
|QB Error -6000 -301||Error code -6147|
|QuickBooks Error -6130 or 6150||Missed or blank lists for customer, vendor or employees|
|Damaged company file|
Advantages of using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The QuickBooks file doctor tool can be really helpful in fixing the network issues.
- The victims of QuickBooks errors like -6000 series can make the best use of file doctor tool.
- Another benefit of this tool is that it allows the users to fix the errors like H101, H202, H303, or H505.
- In case the user has lost some important data, then file doctor tool can be of much help to them.
- If the user is trying to access the company file in one system, that is stored in another system, then QBFD can work in such cases.
- In the situation when the data is about to get damaged, QuickBooks file doctor toolcan be a savior.
Important things about QuickBooks File Doctor tool
These are some important things to know about QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- You must uninstall the existing QBFD before downloading the latest version.
- Since all QB versions post 2015 come with an inbuilt File Doctor, it’s recommended to use external file doctor tool.
- QBFD is compatible is with all QuickBooks desktops for windows versions.
- QBFD doesn’t work with QuickBooks for MAC.
- There are two types of File Doctor tool:
- Built-in file doctor (available in all QuickBooks 2016 and later versions).
- QuickBooks File Doctor stand-alone version (can be downloaded from the internet).
- QBFD may appear on its own in case of a few errors. Just click the Start button and allow the tool to do its job. In case file doctor doesn’t show up automatically you use the below-mentioned guide
How compatible is QuickBooks file doctor tool?
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later, QuickBooks file doctor tool has become QuickBooks built-in tool. File doctor tool works well with all the QuickBooks desktop for Windows version.
- It should be noted that QBFD tool is not compatible with any version of QuickBooks for MAC.
Types of QuickBooks file doctor tool
Talking about the types of QuickBooks file doctor tool, they are basically classified into two major categories namely:
- QuickBooks Built-in file doctor, which is available for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later.
- The second one is QuickBooks file doctor stand alone version. It is used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed.
- Network diagnosis and repair- Using the admin login in windows
- QB file repair- It is not mandatory for installing on the system
- Multi-user repair and diagnosis- Verifying that QuickBooks hosting is in ON mode
Steps to Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Stand-Alone version)
- For this, the user needs to have the latest version of File Doctor or simply uninstall the existing one and install the latest version.
- Download QB File Doctor from Intuit’s official site or just click run (if you have that already installed).
- Double click on QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and just follow the instructions on the screen and complete the installation process. Once the tool is installed and still is not showing up on the screen, open it using the Windows Task-bar or hitting twice on the icon.
- Now use the drop-down list to find your company file, or you can click on browse option to manually locate it on your hard drive.
- After that choose Check file damage only option and hit a click on Diagnose file to apply the basic fix. Start the QB File diagnostics to fix any error you face while using the accounting software.
- The File Doctor Tool Window will offer you two options to choose from. Choose the one that’s appropriate for your issue. Both the options are self-explanatory.
- If you have received -6000 series error or you think that your company file is damaged, you can select the first option.
- If you have Network problems (Error H101, Error H202, Error H303 or Error H505), select second option.
- After that, the user is required to type in Company File Admin Password when prompted and click Next.
- Next, choose from the two options to continue diagnosing and fixing the error.
- Select the Workstation option if you are operating diagnosis and troubleshooting on a client’s computer. It means that the QuickBooks company file isn’t stored or hosted on that computer.
- Pick the second option, i.e. Server in case you are diagnosing and troubleshooting issues on a QuickBooks client computer, which means the QB company file isn’t stored or hosted that computer.
- Now, select Yes if you are working on QuickBooks Server / Host and No if on the QB Workstation.
- In the next step, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will start repairing the company files. The user needs to have some patience, as this might take few minutes.
- Wait until QBFD is done diagnosing and fixing any possible error. The time taken in the process may vary due to the size of the QuickBooks Company File, Local Area Network Speed and the severity of the issues with the company File. You must not disrupt the process in between.
- Once the repairing process is over, you will get a success message. Now finally close QBFD tool.
- Despite the result of the repair process, open your company file.
Related article:What is QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool?
Basic information about the built-in QuickBooks file doctor
- This version works for US, CA, and UK versions of QuickBooks
- It usually used for the file and data repair. QuickBooks doesn’t need to be installed on the system
- QBFD is used for network and diagnosis repair. Or QuickBooks must be installed on the desktop running the internal file doctor
- It supports windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, and server 2003-2012
- In case the .NET framework 2.0 is not presented on the desktop, then QBFD will install it through with the diagnostic tool
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor (Built-in)?
Built-in in or internal QB File Doctor identifies the error and launches troubleshooting automatically. Once the QBFD window opens, click Start option and the tool will start operating to fix the issues. The remaining selections will be similar to the above-mentioned stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Do not open the company file and open QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the File Menu.
- Select Utilities option.
- Click on Repair File and Network Problems to launch QB File Doctor.
- Now hit a click on Browse and select the company file that needs diagnosis and Repair and clicks Open.
- Under the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu, select the type of fix you want your file to undergo and Next.
- Enter the Admin ID and password for the company file when asked and select Next.
- Open the QuickBooks company file after the diagnosis and repairing process is complete.
Related article:How to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks?
1. QBFD didn’t find a problem:
The very first case can be, when the QBFD is unable to detect the problem. In such case, the user is required to log in back to the company file and if the error continues, then begin with the Auto data recovery setup and enter the transactions since the last backup.
2. QBFD did find a problem and was able to resolve it:
Well, if the tool was successful in finding out the problem and also fixing it, then it is actually a good news. After that, the user is required to just click on the Open new company option, when the process finishes.
3. QBFD found the problem but unable to fix it:
In this case also, the QuickBooks software will recommend Auto Data Recovery Setup and entering the transactions manually from the last backup or upload the file.
Limitations of QuickBooks File doctor tool
There can be certain limitations of QuickBooks file doctor tool, which we have enlisted below:
- The user needs to have an internet connection and must be connected to the work process, for file uploading and manual repair
- Or the company file should not exceed more than 2GB
- The user needs to follow the admin panel to run the network diagnosis and QuickBooks needs to be in the hosting mode
- The file doctor tool is only available for the US and UK version
- When the windows user account control is ON, the file doctor tool will re-launch with elevated admin privileges
- The user needs to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool only when the user is unable to access the company file
This brings to the end of this article. We expect that by now the reader might be well versed with the QuickBooks file doctor tool and the various other aspects associated with it. However, if in case you need any assistance or if the tool isn’t able to fix any issue that you face while using QuickBooks, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer service at 1(844)521-0490. Consulting a team of professionals can work well in clearing all your clouds of confusion.
Feel free to speak to our experienced QB experts and you will receive quick and precise solutions of all your QuickBooks related issues.
How to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company File or Network
In the modern world, accounting & bookkeeping completely changed from the traditional ways. Now the paperwork has been eliminated and the advanced digital accounting applications take over its place. In the pace of growing technology as well sheer amount of work using such application is the best possible way to reduce manual effort and speedup the business operations. One of the top-notch financial accounting software is QuickBooks. This technology oriented accounting & bookkeeping software suit has been created & designed by Intuit Inc.
Unfortunately, this cutting edge software comes with a decent cost but still suffers through ‘QuickBooks Errors’ that obligate the QB operations that are necessary for an enterprise or business house. This is where Intuit Inc. introduced the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This tool is specially designed to prevent the QuickBooks data file(s) from damage & corruption. It is also able to assist the users to resolve the network issues manually.
You may also read: How to Resolve Com Error Crash in QuickBooks?
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Intuit combined 2 connection diagnostic tools in one program that is QuickBooks File Doctor. In earlier, intuit has a two various program to resolve different issues. One was QuickBooks connection file diagnostic tool (QCFD) and the another was QuickBooks network connection diagnostic tool (QNCD).
QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor tool (QBFD) is a in-built tool that is integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions. This file doctor tool is mostly used to detect and solve the QuickBooks errors that occurs in your company file over network. You can use this tool if you think there is any data damage or you are receiving-6000 series errors preventing you from opening your company file.
List of QuickBooks Database Errors
Here are some of the QB errors that can be fixed by using the QuickBooks File Doctor. Some of error codes that arises when QB user unable to open/access the company file(s).
Some of the errors that occurs when QuickBooks opens in multi-user mode or network:
Here are some of the facts that are logical that may cause the QuickBooks Data Corruption/Damage:-
- When the QuickBooks Database file dimensions reach beyond its limit which is 200 MB for 450 MB, QuickBooks Pro & for Enterprise.
- Lack of Specification together with the resources. i.e. RAM, Network Interface, Virtual Memory, Network Cables, Routers, etc..
- Improper QuickBooks shutdown can cause this issue.
- In Case, if you don’t have proper UPS the abrupt power fluctuation or fall can become a reason that may hurt the entire disk.
- Due to The malicious attack of this malware or virus on the hard drive that stores QB database.
Types of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone version
(Note: You can download the most recent File Doctor version from the internet). The stand-alone version is used from the web server where only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component is installed for file hosting objectives.
- Built-In File Doctor for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD) only works with in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It is NOT compatible with QuickBooks for Mac systems.
- For QuickBooks 2015 and later QuickBooks versions, you may be get a prompted on your screen that displays Please run the internal (built-in) version of QB File Doctor.
- To access Network diagnosis and repair settings use the Admin login in Windows systems.
- For Multi-user repair and diagnosis settings user should first verify that QuickBooks Hosting is in ON mode.
- QuickBooks File repair Settings: (optional)
When to Use File Doctor tool?
- To combat the errors and technical issues QuickBooks File Doctor have been introduced.
- It is a simple and effective software that detects and repairs different variety of files and also fixes the corruption of data.
- This software is also used to fix network diagnosis, windows problems and many others.
- This tool helps the users in checking all the damaged files and then instantly getting them fixed.
- QB File Doctor is said to be the easiest way to troubleshoot and fix errors.
How Does QuickBooks File Doctor tool help?
- If you have lost some of the important files of the company or any employee data then QuickBooks file doctor tool will assist in accessing the company files without any hassle.
- In case you are unable to access company files and facing the QuickBooks Error 6000 series like 6146, 6150 and 6130 then this software fixes all the problems.
- When you face network issues and mainly accessing the multi-user setup problem (H101, H202, H303, or H505 errors), this tool can prove to be very effective.
- QuickBooks File Doctor can resolve if your file is severely damaged and cannot open it.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool?
This video will help you to understand the complete procedure for using the QuickBooks file doctor tool (QBFD).https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9TdGQ2LSSs?controls=0
Checkout the steps to operate or run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool correctly:
- Go to the Intuit QuickBooks official website and download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on the computer.
Note: If the system already contains any File Doctor version then it will appear as a green File Doctor icon on the computer. In case, you have older version of QuickBooks File Doctor then recommended uninstalling it and downloading the latest version File Doctor.
- Once the download completed, perform double-click on the qbfd.exe file and later, follow the instruction to install the QBFD tool.
- After the proper installation, QB File Doctor opens automatically. In case, you don’t see File Doctor opening – go to the green icon at the “Task Bar” windows.
- In the drop-down list, search for the desired QB company file. In case, you don’t see the QB company file list – hit onto the “browse” icon & proceed to continue with the given instructions.
- Choose one of the options given below:-
- Both QB file damage & network connectivity: If you detect any damage in the QB company file, or you encounter 6xxx series errors such as -6150, -6000 -305, -6000 -82, etc.
- Network connectivity only: In case, you are using QuickBooks in multiple user environment & receive error code H202 or H303 or H505 while opening the QB Company file in multi-user environment.
- If instructed, type-in the QB Company file Admin password and later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Once redirected to select the ‘Host/Server’ or ‘Computer’.
- Ensure that you select the right option..!
- In case, you are running the File Doctor on the system other then host computer or server – then select the “Workstation” icon.
- In case, the QB File Doctor running on the server – then, hit onto the “Server” icon.
- Select one of the given alternative below in a condition when instructed to share the company file:-
- Yes: This option supposes to be chosen if File Doctor run on the system hosting QB Company file.
- No: This option supposes to be chosen if File Doctor doesn’t run on the system hosting QB Company file.
- Finally, wait for the QuickBooks File Doctor to finish the diagnoses.
- Close the QuickBooks File Doctor after the QuickBooks diagnosis and repair procedure finishes.
Even though QB File Doctor is an effective tool to solve multiple errors in QuickBooks, but it cannot resolve all. To solve them you need to take professional help.
If there is any other problem occurs while using QuickBooks File Doctor tool, or if the file doctor fails to do repair damaged company file then we recommend you to take help from our QuickBooks Support team by dialing +1-844-405-0907.
Read Also: How to Resolve TLS error in QuickBooks?
We help you in:
- To detect and repair all the QB errors download using QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- We help you to Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks Software.
- After uninstalling your software, We run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Our Intuit certified ProAdvisors are highly skilled & well-experienced and also capable to handle all major bookkeeping related tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions About QuickBooks File Doctor
Que: What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Answer: QuickBooks File Doctor tool is a tool that authorizes the user to rectify the errors and resolve the issues in the best possible manner. This tool is available in two versions, one which is built-in and the other named as stand-alone version. Both the versions are utilized to check and fix the errors that occur in the company file. In a nutshell, QuickBooks File Doctor tool is a tool to get rid of errors and issues that the user encounter while using the QuickBooks Software.
Que: Which errors can be resolved with the help of file doctor tool?
Answer: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is generally used to rectify errors such as Error -6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6000 -301, Error -6147, Error -6130. Also, the file doctor tool can be used in case when the users have missed or blank lists for the customers and employees. Not only this, but the file doctor tool can also be used in case when the file is strongly damaged and doesn’t open.
Que: What is the difference between built-in file doctor tool and stand-alone version?
Answer: QB File Doctor tool has two versions, one is the built-in file doctor tool, and another is the stand-alone version. File Doctor stand-alone version is generally used from the server and is not built-in. Whereas, the built-in version of the file doctor tool is the version that is available in the QuickBooks version 2016 and later. As per the experts, out of the two versions, QuickBooks file doctor tool stand-alone version should be preferred.
Que: What does QuickBooks file doctor do?
Answer: Basically, QuickBooks File doctor tool is used to diagnose and resolve errors, such as Error -6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6000 -301, Error -6147, Error -6130. This tool acts as a savior, in case the file is strongly damaged, and the user is unable to open it.
More helpful articles:
How to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor: Repair your Damaged Company file or Network?
The technical advancement in the accounting world is faster than anyone would ever imagine. Gone are the days when people used to manage accounting and financial information manually on papers and registers. We are living in a tech-driven era, and even accounting and financial services followed the suit. Nowadays, the financial activities of every business are conducted digitally with the help of accounting software. One such accounting software in the world of digitized accounting services is Intuit QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is a feature-packed software that has largely influenced the accounting sector. This software has single-handedly simplified all the financial needs of entrepreneurs all across the globe. While working with these features and functionalities, users at times, encounter certain errors and issues. These errors and issues hinder the processing of QuickBooks. This is where the QuickBooks file doctor comes into play. Your search for an excellent tool to repair the common errors terminates with the QBFD tool. Not many of the QB users are well versed in this tool. Thus, keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article that deals with the majority of the facts related to QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
Stick to the article, to get a better insight into QuickBooks File doctor tool. Having said that, users who would prefer professional guidance, then they can avail it simply by dialing 1-844-405-0906. Our QuickBooks Premier support team doesn’t leave any stone un-turned to attain maximum client satisfaction.
You might also like: Fix QuickBooks Error codes H101, H202, H303, or H505
Introduction of QuickBooks File doctor tool
Before digging in deep, it is better to first find out what actually is QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool basically authorizes the users to troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop issues. This software is launched by Intuit Inc. This software is true to its name “Doctor”, as it is used to treat the issues and errors that the users face while using the QuickBooks.
This is mainly a file repairing software to get rid of the issues that are associated with files and data corruption, window problems, etc. This software checks the company damaged or corrupt file that doesn’t respond for some reason. If you are still not familiar with this tool, then it is high time for you to incorporate this tool and enjoy the amazing services that it caters.
Situations, when file doctor tool can be useful to you:
- When you are facing problems while opening company file, and encounter error codes such as Error 6150, Error -6000 -82, Error -6000 -305, Error -6147, 6189, QuickBooks not responding etc.
- The user might need this software in the case when other than the damaged company files, the sample files and other company files open properly.
- Also, in the case when the user owns a blank or missing Customer list, vendors list in their QuickBooks.
When any of the above-listed issues disturb the QB users, QuickBooks File Doctor Tool acts as a savior.
Important Points to Remember
- For the ones who already have File Doctor in their systems, they are required to uninstall it before they download the latest version of the same.
- Although QB users using the version that was released after 2015, have this software built into the program, it is advisable to use the external QuickBooks file doctor instead of using the inbuilt one.
Benefits of using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- QuickBooks file doctor tool can be really helpful in fixing network issues
- It saves a lot of time and efforts in fixing the error
- In the situations when the data is about to get damaged, QuickBooks file doctor tool can help a lot
- The file doctor tool can be helpful in resolving various file issues
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215
Types of file doctor tool
There can be two types of QuickBooks file doctor tool namely:
- Built-in file doctor for QB desktop 2016 and later
- QBFD stand alone version: This version is used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed for the hosting purposes
What is Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool?
Well, talking about the built-in version of QBFD, this tool works in US, CA, and UK versions of QuickBooks, which makes it restricted to a certain extent. This built-in tool is generally used for file and data repair, along with that it is also used for network and diagnosis repair. Also, the users should note that the built-in version of QuickBooks File Doctor tool supports only in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Server 2003-2012. After knowing all the important facts about QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, it is now time to check out the ways to use this built-in QB File doctor version.
Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Any version of QuickBooks for MAC, QuickBooks File Doctor is not supported.
- This software has become QuickBooks built-in tool for QB desktop 2016 and the other versions that were introduced later on. Also, this software works with all QB desktop for Windows versions.
Different Sorts of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- QuickBooks File Doctor stand-alone version, which is generally used from the server. In this server, solely for file hosting purposes, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component is installed.
- Another form of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, is the built-in file for QB desktop 2016 and the later versions.
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Below we have shared few quick steps to download and install QuickBooks file doctor tool into your system
Method 1: Download for the Internet
- The first step is to download the QB File doctor and then run the QBFD.exe file.
- After that, the installation will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the file doctor will automatically open. You can also open the program from Start or clicking the icon.
- It should be noted that having .Net framework on the system is of much importance, as in case the user is not having the framework, QBFD setup will download it on its own.
- The user is now required to follow the simple installation process just as they follow while installing the other programs in windows.
See it also: How to use QuickBooks component repair tool?
Method 2: Download QuickBooks file doctor using QuickBooks tool hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps you to resolve all your common errors that occurs in your software.
- At first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and Save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- After that open QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open the tool hub.
- When the tool hub open you need to choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. This may take up to one minute for the file doctor to open.
- After that select your company file from the drop-down menu and choose check your file and then Continue option.
- Finally enter your QuickBooks admin password and then choose Next.
How to Use Built-in version of QuickBooks File Doctor?
As it is the built-in tool, it detects the issues on its own and also launches automatically. This is basically a simplified version, as the user only needs to hit the start option, to begin with working and using the tool and also rectify the errors and issues. Leaving the already mentioned ones, rest of facts and features of this version resembles the stand-alone version of the QBFD tool.
Following the below- scribbled instructions will help the users to deal with this built-in version:
- Well, if you have the built-in version,then you are required to launch QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- The user is also required to click on the File Menu >>> Utilities >>> Repair File and Network problems simply to launch the built-in version of QBFD.
- After that, the user is required to browse and select the Company File, which requires diagnosis and repair, proceed by clicking Open.
- From the Show Advanced Setting drop-down list, the user is required to pick the type of rectification process that they want their file to undergo and then proceed further by clicking on Next option.
- Enter the credentials when asked and then choose Next option.
- Once the diagnosis and the rectification process completes, the user should try to open the file.
You may also read: How to access QuickBooks desktop remotely?
Subsequent to Repair
After the diagnosis and rectification process is accomplished, the users are required to back-up the company file data and also make sure to store QuickBooks company data file and generated backup data file (.QBB) in a detachable external hard drive.
Once done with all the downloading and installing process, the most important part of the process comes into play, i.e. using this tool. Many of the users don’t know how this tool is actually used.
Thus, to make it easy for the users to use this tool, we have jotted down the steps to make the best use of this tool. Want to know how? If yes, then stick until the end to the article.
- Browse the company file on the system that, they wish to repair. Once done with that the user is required to tap on the Diagnose File.
- In the next step, the user is required to login with the username and the password of the company file that they wish to check.
- After this step, the user is required to be a bit patient and wait for a few minutes until the QuickBooks diagnose process completes.
- Once the process ends, the user will then be incited to select the server or workstation. What matters the most here is to pick the right option:
In case you are using workstation computer, this means that the QB file is not physically held on within the system and the user accesses the file through the network in a multi-user mode. If the user is using the server computer, it means that QuickBooks file is physically stored in the PC.
Moving forward, the user is required to select any of the options scribbled below:
Option 1: YES – In case when the user is running File Doctor on the server computer or host computer hosting the company file.
Option 2: No – In case when the user is running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on a computer that is not hosting the company file (workstation).
Carry out the steps below, once QuickBooks File Doctor tool is done with repair and diagnosis:
- The user is required to shut the file doctor, once the tool completes the work.
- In order to see whether the issue has resolved or not, the user is required to open the file again.
Case #1 – In case the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool didn’t detect the problem
In case when the file doctor didn’t detect the issue, then the user is required to login back into the Company File, and if by chance, the user is unable to open the company file, then it’s highly recommended by the QuickBooks to commence the Auto Data Recovery Setup and also enter the transactions ever since the former backup.
Case #2 – QuickBooks File Doctor is able to find the problem and also resolve it
Well, this is one of the best outcomes, as the issue will be resolved. The user is required to tap on “Open New Company”, at the time when the process comes to the conclusion.
Case #3 – QuickBooks File Doctor is able to find the issue, but for some reason unable to resolve it
In this case, the tool suggests the Auto Data Recovery setup, as well as entering the transactions in a manual way ever since the last backup or Upload the file on their own.
When to use QuickBooks File Doctor tool?
You can use QBFD tool when the following problems occurs in your QuickBooks:
Data Synchronize Errors:
Basically, this error means that there is an issue or error and because of some or the other reason the user is unable to see the full data in the meantime, the transactions are misplaced that were earlier there in QB or Vendor, Item or Customer lists that displayed lesser items than it disclosed previously, so the type of errors the user experiences are the Data-sync errors. Talking about these errors, they occur when QuickBooks Sync Manager doesn’t sync the Company File data, and that is the sole reason why the user faces the data loss.
Beginning with Network Diagnosis, first and foremost thing is to login as Administrator in Windows, and also necessarily turning off the Windows User Account control. Once the user has logged in with the administrative rights, the QBFD will turn off the UAC on its own or automatically.
It should be noted that in case the systems have several versions installed, then QB File Doctor will not be able to resolve the issue. This is the biggest hurdle that the users encounter while using multiple versions. In such situations,the user is required to take the file to a system that does not involve multiple versions.
Constraints QuickBooks File Doctor tool
As we all know that everything has its pros, cons, and limitations as well. Similarly, there are certain constraints, when it comes to QBFD.
- In order to upload file and also for manual repair, the QB user requires an internet connection and also should be connected to the work process.
- The another constraint is that the Company File should not surpass 2GB.
- In case of any sort of data loss issue, QBFD will not able to assist in dealing with such errors.
- The File Doctor tool re-launches with elevated admin privileges, in case when the Windows user Account Control is ON.
- If the user wants to diagnose the network and also keep the QuickBooks software in the hosting mode, then it is essential for them to follow the admin panel.
- The user is required to consult QuickBooks technical support, in case their computer system is not from the required version, as File Doctor tool is available for the UK and US version.
QuickBooks File Doctor Issues
Get your QuickBooks file fixed and fully optimized.
From database stability to ledger tie-outs, our 65-point file review process will give you an in-depth look into the health of your QuickBooks data. Request a free consultation today.
QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix Company File and Network Errors
Learn how to use File Doctor tool to troubleshoot company file and network issues in QuickBooks Desktop:
Back in the year 2012, Intuit launched a tool named QuickBooks file doctor tool, keeping in mind the errors that the users generally face while working on the QuickBooks accounting software. This tool has been integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions by Intuit. It is specifically designed for QB users, and is a blend of QuickBooks Network diagnostic tool and Company File diagnostic tool. This tool detects errors and then fixes them automatically. Many users are unaware of this magical tool, considering this we have come up with this article, where we are going to discuss about this tool in detail.
If you are also interested in knowing more about QBFD, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. Or an alternative to this is, to have one to one conversation with our accounting professionals. You can contact our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our executives will ensure that all your queries are heard and answered in the best possible way.
You may also like: How to correct cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise?
What is QuickBooks file doctor tool?
Before you learn various aspects associated with this tool, it is recommended to first understand what QuickBooks file doctor tool is? QBFD is basically a simple file repairing tool that is used to fix the errors that the users encounter while working on the QuickBooks accounting software. This tool is integrated or built-in only in QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions. In order to update QuickBooks to the latest version, the user can simply move to the QuickBooks file doctor download page at the Intuit website and carry out the action. Another point to be noted is that this tool works only for UK and US version of QB, and is compatible with all the QuickBooks desktop versions for windows.
This tool can’t be accessed by QuickBooks for Mac users. This tool doesn’t involve any rocket-science, as it is easy to use and only requires following a few simple steps.
Errors fixed by QuickBooks File doctor tool
If you’re having trouble while opening your company file then QuickBooks File Doctor tool can help you in this. Use this tool if you are getting any error from the below given list:
|Error code -6150||Error code -6000 -82||QB Error code -6000 -305|
|Error code -6000 -301||Network errors||Installation errors|
|Error in updating QuickBooks||Firewall port poorly configured||QB Error 6147, or -6130|
|And other 6000 series errors||Multi-user mode errors||Damaged company files|
|Damaged Windows registry||Data corruption errors||Malware attack hard drive|
|QuickBooks database server manager related bugs||Unable to open QuickBooks company file||Missing or blank vendor, customer, or employee lists|
|Various type of H series error||QuickBooks error H202||QB Error code H505|
How compatible is QuickBooks file doctor tool?
- It should be noted that QuickBooks file doctor tool comes built-in for QuickBooks desktop 2016 and later versions and it works will all QB desktop for windows versions.
- However, it is not yet made compatible with QuickBooks for Mac versions.
Types of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- QBFD stand-alone version, which is used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed, in order to host file.
- The other version of QuickBooks file doctor tool is the built-in version that comes handy with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
Procedure to download QuickBooks file doctor tool
Learn the easy ways to download & Install QuickBooks file doctor tool like a Pro:
- The first step is to download QuickBooks tools hub and then move to the downloads by pressing CTRL + J keys together.
- After that, the user needs to click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe in downloads list.
- The next step in the process is to click on yes, in order to accept the license agreement
- Now, click on Next option, followed by clicking on Install option.
- After the install process comes to an end, the user is supposed to hit Finish option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on the Icon to open QuickBooks Tool hub.
Important Note: If you can’t find the icon, Press Windows or Start key on your keyboard and search QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the program to open it.
Once the Tool Hub program open, go to the Company File Issues option and carry out the steps to run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Important Points to remember before running QBFD tool
Before you start using the QuickBooks file doctor, there are certain things that you need to consider which includes:
- Having admin credentials is essential before accessing the file doctor tool
- Also, the user should have a proper internet connection
- There is a certain file size limit i.e. 1.5 GB that the user should comply with.
- Make sure that you have installed a single version of QuickBooks on the system
- It is recommended to update QuickBooks to the latest version before you access QBFD
- File doctor tool can be accessed only by the users of QuickBooks Windows OS and not for the MAC users.
Limitations of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The very first point where the QBFD tool lacks is that QuickBooks company file size is lesser than 2GB
- The internet connection is obligatory to upload the company file
- Admin credentials are a must
- Network connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work in a proper manner, if the user is having multiple QuickBooks versions installed
- Network connectivity diagnosis and repair option will also not work well, if database server manager is installed on the system.
Easy Steps to run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In order to run QuickBooks file doctor tool, the user needs to select the company file issues tab from the tool hub.
- And then, select the run QBFD option. This step might take some time, and the user might have to wait for some time.
- After that, in the QuickBooks file doctor, the user needs to select the company file from the drop down menu. In case the user is unable to see the file, then he/she can browse and look for the file.
- Also, the user needs to select check the file option and hit continue.
- Lastly, the user needs to enter QuickBooks admin password, and hit next.
The point to be noted here, the scan time depends on the file size. In majority of the cases, it might take up to 5 minutes. And when the scan finishes, the user needs to open QuickBooks and the company file. The issue might also have been resolved even if the scan was unsuccessful.
Basic Information about Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD)
- The built-in file doctor supports Windows 10, 8, 7 and MS Server 2003-2012
- You can repair Network and company file errors using it.
- You can use this tool for US, UK and Canada supported QuickBooks desktop versions.
- It can fix Corrupted and damaged company files.
You might also consider: Steps to Convert Data Files from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
Steps to use QuickBooks File Doctor stand-alone version
Below are the steps to use stand alone version of QuickBooks file doctor tool:
- In order to use the QuickBooks stand-alone version, the user needs to have the latest version of the file doctor tool.
- The user can also download the QB file doctor tool from the Intuit’s official site. In case the tool is already present, then simply click on run.
- Moving ahead, the user is expected to double click the QuickBooks file doctor tool Icon and then carry out the instructions present on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After the tool is installed and it doesn’t show up on the screen, then the user is required to open using the Windows Task-bar.
- Now, the user needs to click on browse option and then find the damaged company file. After that the user needs to start the QuickBooks file diagnostics to fix any error.
- After that the user will get two options from the file doctor tool window. And then select the one that’s appropriate the issue. Also, both the options are self-explanatory, which makes it easy for the users to make the best decision.
- In case the user has received 6000 series error or the company file gets damaged, then it is recommended to opt for the first option.
- Or else if there are any kind of network issues, then make sure to pick the second option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to type in Company file Admin password, when asked, and then hit Next.
- The next step is to opt for any of the two options mentioned below, in order to continue diagnosing and fixing the error.
- Workstation option: This option is to be selected if the user is operating diagnosis and troubleshooting a client’s system. This basically means that the QuickBooks company file isn’t store or hosted on that system.
- Server option: The second option can be selected if in case the user is diagnosing and troubleshooting issues on QuickBooks client system. From client system it is meant that the QuickBooks company file isn’t stored or hosted on that system.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on Yes option, if he/she is working on the QuickBooks server/ host or else select no, if you are on the QuickBooks workstation.
- Now, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will automatically repair the company files. The user is supposed to have some patience, as the process might be time consuming.
- The user will have to wait till the time file doctor tool completes diagnosing and fixing the bug. The process time depends on the size of company file, network speed, and also on the severity of the bug. It is recommended not to disrupt the process.
- After the entire procedure comes to an end, the use is supposed to close file doctor tool.
- Regardless of the fact whether the process outcome is positive or negative, the user is recommended to open the company file.
How to use QuickBooks file doctor built-in version (For 2016 & later)?
The versions of QuickBooks accounting software that are released by Intuit after the year 2015, consists of QuickBooks file doctor tool built-in feature. This internal feature detects and fixes the issues on its own. With mere human interference, the user can easily access the tool by pressing the start button. A few more steps can be carried out to use this effective tool:
- To begin with the user needs to launch QuickBooks, and also ensure that the company file remains unopened.
- After that, the user needs to move to the file menu, followed by selecting the Utilities option.
- Also, select repair file, in order to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The next step in the process is to click on the browse option, and then select the company file that requires to repair and hit Open option.
- Moving ahead, select the type of fix whichever the user wants, from the Show advanced settings window and then tap on next option.
- Heading towards the next step, the user needs to enter the administrator ID and password and then select next.
- And lastly, when the diagnosis process comes to an end, the user needs to try to launch the company file once again.
You may also like: Resolve printing issues in QuickBooks desktop
Most probable outcomes while using file doctor
1. QBFD didn’t detect any problem
The first case can be when the QuickBooks file doctor tool is not able to come up to any kind of bug. This case might require re-login to the company file, and if by chance the error persists, the user might be needed to setup the Auto data recovery and then enter the transactions since the last backup.
2. QBFD diagnoses and resolves an issue
The second probable case can be that the QB file doctor tool detects an issue, and after that the user is supposed to tap on “Open new company”, when the process ends. This is considered to be one of the most favorable outcomes of the process.
3. Issue detected, but error can’t be resolved
This is the last case that might happen, when the user runs the File doctor tool. In this outcome, the user is recommended to setup the auto data recovery tool, as well as enter the transactions in a manual manner, ever since the last backup or upload the file on its own.
What to do after repairing QuickBooks?
After you are done with the diagnosis and repairing process, all you have to do is to backup the QuickBooks company file data and generate the backup data file in a removable hard drive. The user is recommended to backup the data right at the end of every month.
In case file doctor is not working:
At times, the user is unable to use QBFD and an error appeared on the screen stating “File doctor is not working“, during diagnosis of the company file. The QBFD error could be seen due to below factors:
- The user is trying to update the company file
- Or if you forgot to install any company file during installation
- In case you are unable to restore the files
- Also, in case there is any damage or corruption in the files
- The user needs to restore the backup of the QBW file
- And then, the user can make use of the auto data recovery to resolve the QuickBooks file doctor error
- The user can also configure the antivirus software and turn off the hosting mode
QuickBooks file doctor tool can be a magical tool, if used wisely. At the end of this article, we expect that user will be able to make the best use of QBFD, after reading the detailed information shared in this post. However, there can be chances, that the technicalities of the software and tool might confuse the users. Thus, in that case, expert assistance is just a phone call away from you.
All you will have to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e.
+1-888-300-3913, and let our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified accounting professionals fix the error for you. Thus, do not hesitate in ringing up to us at anytime, as our executives will be happy to help you.