Want to grow your carrier as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor and looking for Quickbooks online certification exam answers for self-assessment, then this post is only for you, here we discussed all which is necessary to qualify a Quickbooks certification exam 2021. In this modern world, everyone wants to grow as much as can. Quickbooks are accounting software and gaining popularity and their demand is also increasing, that’s why students start focusing on Quickbooks and they want to be certified experts in QuickBooks, these experts are also known as ProAdvisiors. Quickbooks online certification exam is that where people get intuit Quickbooks certification. To get the certification one to have to study hard and devote their proper time to prepare themself for exams and one has to put extra effort to clear the exam.
Quickbooks online certification exam answers have a set of rules and accordingly, it works. You can take a picture or screenshot of your answers and go back and continue your test. There will be three attempts are allowed. In three attempts you have to clear the exams. If you can not clear the exam then your id will be blocked for 60 days and after 60 days again to can give the test. To get all information about Quickbooks online certification exam 2021 questions and answers and to know how to prepare for a future exam read this post you will get complete information for that.
All about Quickbooks Online Certification Exam Answers
Where You Can Appear For the QuickBooks Certification Exam?
In the Countries like USA and Singapore, Anyone can take the exam and they can get the training for the international version from any of the reorganized training centers. But for India Quickbooks only provide training online through training videos through which you can learn QuickBooks Online. And after that, you can appear for the exam online.
What QuickBooks Online Examination is like?
This Exam Checks the ability of the person to use QuickBooks Online and in order to pass the exam, the candidate must get 75% marks. The QuickBooks Online exam consists of 50 questions which include both MCQ and simulation Questions.
Basic Rules for QuickBooks online certification exam:
This Exam is Divided into 8 Sections which directly corresponds to Quickbooks Online Training which also has 8 sections in it. And there is no time limit for the time to attend each section. You just need to obtain 80 % to obtain the certification.
The best thing about the exams is that if you fail in a single section. You are allowed to retake the test for only that section which makes it easier to pass the Exam.
Basic steps to get Quickbooks online certification
Becoming a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor requires preparation, focus, and determination and it will give you great results, for you and for your clients.
- Training events:
So many online training events are available which will help you in preparing. You can schedule your class according to you. Some courses are available to help you out. You can take QuickBook’s online training class also.
You have to get a focus on your goal. There should be clarity in your thoughts. Devote your proper time.
Quickbooks online training classes help you and guide for exams. They will send you the study material also. They will help you with full real-time examples and tips and tricks. Quickbooks online training will provide you practice tests also.
- Write the exam
After attending classes and practicing on practice sheets now your ready to write the exam. We will help you to find the nearest test center and we will help you in verification also.
QB Certification tells that you have expertise in QuickBooks, It will take 2 hours to complete the exam and get the certification. That is the average time it takes to complete the QuickBooks Online Certification exam. If you stop between sections, do t worry we’ll save your place. You can Come back and finish your test at any time.
Place where the test will be given
After the classes to will get an email about where the test will be given and the verification process. if you won’t get it then our consultant will help. if you won’t get it then our consultant will help. All information is delivered to your email. You can take the exam anywhere you want because it is held at ATU online Test Center. So you just need a system and a working internet connection.
Few things always keep in mind
- You have to pass in all the modules or parts.
- In every part, you have to score 80%.
- You ave three option for each module.
- Modules can be answered in any order.
- If you fail in three parts then you will be failed in the whole test.
- If you fail in three attempts then your id is blocked and you have to wait for 60 days to again give the test.
Things to remember before submitting the exams
- Get the pdf sheet of the QuickBooks certification exam
Intuit always chooses the best candidate for the certification, and that is the reason because of which intuit sometimes changes its pattern style, web environment, test styles and etc at a certain time. This tip will help you to face any kind of situation in the exam.
- Technical help
During mock test practice or online exam practice, you should use the ‘Chrome Incognito Window’ because this Incognito window doesn’t save your history. No need to use site cookies.
- verify your answer
Verifying answers is a good habit to get success in QuickBooks certification. After practicing the sample tests, you need to verify each and every answer. It will increase your level of knowledge regarding the QuickBooks Certification.
- Take screenshots of the exam you passed
Most of the candidates can’t get credit for passing the exam because of the problem with the computer and problem with the intuit server. So it will be good to take a screenshot instant after passing the exam.
Tips To Pass the Certification Exam
- When you Start the exam use the search option to search for the question you know the answer to.
- Make Sure Every option has a check or x sign in front of them.
- Use the demo Company option which allows you to go through the steps asked in the question.
- Before leaving the exam make sure you have attempted all the questions.
- This is an Open Book Exam so make sure to get a printout of the sample Question and answer which will definitely help you clear the exam.
- You will only have 3 chances for each module exam.
Acing the QuickBooks Online Certification Exam
THE ACCOUNTANT S GUIDE TO Acing the QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Insider tips, tricks and facts to help you pass the first time. Brought to you by Intuit s professional QuickBooks trainers. ProAdvisor Program
2 INTRODUCTION Certification is a sign of your expertise. Becoming a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor requires preparation, focus and determination and it delivers great rewards, for you and your clients. By getting certified, you ll have what you need to: STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD Put your expertise on display by posting your certification badge wherever you advertise. Your certification exam by the numbers: 2 HOURS That s the average time it takes to complete the QuickBooks Online Certification exam. If you stop between sections, don t worry we ll save your place. Come back and finish any time. BUILD CLIENTS TRUST Answer questions quickly and resolve any issue with exclusive phone and chat access to our team of U.S.-based QuickBooks experts. 1 GROW YOUR PRACTICE FASTER You ll get a free listing on the Find-a-ProAdvisor online directory, visited by more than 700,000 small businesses each year. 2 It s easier to achieve than you think. This guide is your sidekick, crafted to help you finish your certification exam faster, more confidently, and in fewer attempts. It s divided into two sections: 4 SECTIONS. 95 QUESTIONS TOTAL. Complete any section in any order. We will save your progress. 80% This must be your minimum score on each section in order to pass. But don t worry the handy tips in this guide will help you succeed! 4 ATTEMPTS If you need to retake a section of the exam, you ll only answer the questions you missed before. Refer to the self-study training modules in your Certification Center for help with questions you may have missed. BEFORE THE EXAM Use these simple tips to prepare yourself for success. DURING THE EXAM Get practical advice to help you navigate the exam itself. 365 DAYS Once you ve passed the exam, your certification status will remain valid for a full year.
3 INTRODUCTION cont d Take the first step right now. Ready to dive right in? Or need to brush up on a few skills first? Whatever you want to do next, we ve got you covered. Get prepared! Click on the Certification tab in QuickBooks Online Accountant. You ll find free certification prep courses waiting for you. Ready! Now what? In the Certification tab, click Get certified to start your exam. You can save your progress and come back later by clicking the same button.
4 BEFORE YOU START YOUR EXAM Take the pre-certification training course. The course is structured exactly like the certification exam, and it includes a tour of the exam s exact topics everything from setting up a chart of accounts to paying for expenses. Plus, there are a few sample questions, and tips for using the sample database. That s it. Simple. For extra preparation, take one of the live webinar training courses. That way, you can ask questions. The training course won t just prepare you for the exam it will also give you CPE credits! Capture screenshots during training. You have the opportunity to access the information you need to answer a question during the exam. Use that to your advantage by snapping photos of sample questions during your training. Keep those photos as a handy reference while you re taking the exam. You can use your computer s print screen option to snap photos during training. Windows users can use print screen or SnagIt and Mac users can use Grab. It s a lot easier to answer a question about creating and modifying list entries, for example, if you can just flip to that section in the training. It s also a great idea to capture screenshots of the test questions when you take the test, and use those screenshots to review the training material if you need to take the exam again. Take notes on the training PDFs. Really we mean it! Print out the resource files you received before your training course. As you listen to the instructor, take notes and put big stars next to the information that you know you ll see on the exam. This will be a handy resource for you during your exam. These tips can help you pass the Advanced Certification exam too, as well as other certification exams for products like QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
5 DURING YOUR EXAM cont d Have everything ready. There s nothing on this exam meant to trick you. It follows the training exactly, so be prepared and don t get tripped up by overthinking. Like we mentioned above, you can use the information you need to answer questions during the exam. So, bring as many resources as you want. We recommend using: Screenshots and notes you captured during training Printouts of the training PDFs Don t worry about the order. The test contains 4 sections, and you can take them in any order, at your own pace. Stay focused. Keep your attention on the question at hand don t overcomplicate it. The sample databases are there to help with specific questions. We mean it! There are no bonus points, so answer each question directly. For example, if a question asks about item setup lists, don t use up valuable time trying to figure out vendor setup. Double-check your answers before you submit. This helps make sure that you don t lose points for simple miss-clicks. It also gives you a second chance to ensure that you have read everything correctly and are answering the question at hand.
6 DURING YOUR EXAM Document your answers. Launch one of the test sections and answer the questions, but instead of submitting, just save your progress. Then check your answers against the training materials to see how you are doing before you submit. If a particular question stumps you, skip it and come back to it later, before submitting that section. This will save you time. When you complete a section of the exam, you ll be given a list of the questions you answered incorrectly and where to find the related training topic in the training courses. Make a note of these and be sure to review and find the correct answers before retaking the exam. Clear time in your calendar. Most people complete the exam in 2 hours. To be safe, plan 45 to 60 minutes per section, and make sure you ve blocked the time and eliminated distractions accordingly. Be sure you have enough time to complete each section. Remember, you can complete any section in any order. We will save your progress. Need to retake the exam? No problem! You have 4 attempts, and you ll only have to answer the questions that you missed. Plus, we ll give you specific feedback and training to help you with topics that tripped you up.
7 You re ready to become a Certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor. Good luck, and remember: we re here to help you succeed! ProAdvisor Program 1 Technical Support is available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, excluding Christmas and New Year s Day. Priority routing hours and U.S.-based support from a special team trained on accountant-specific issues are available via chat Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time (excluding holidays). First time members will also receive 90 days of phone support commencing on the first day of membership from a special U.S.-based team trained on accountant-specific issues. This special U.S.-based phone support is available Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time (excluding holidays). Options to extend the use of the special U.S.-based phone support after the 90 day window are available. For complete Terms and Conditions for QuickBooks ProAdvisor Technical Support, please visit 2 You must be a Certified ProAdvisor to be listed on the Find-a-ProAdvisor online directory, which receives more than 600,000 visitors annually and is growing. Based on average number of unique visitors to the Find-a-ProAdvisor online directory from May 2014 to April Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706
Process to Attend the QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Successfully
You need to complete 3 steps to attend the QuickBooks Online Certification exam successfully. Here we have given the steps below, it will give you support to complete the exam process.
Step 1: Attend The Training Class
Attend a class for the examination. It will be the initial step for the certification. Find a class nearby you, and join. If in case, you have no facility to join the class in your location then you can join an online class.
Step 2: Be Ready for the Challenge
In the second step, you need to be prepared for the exam mentally as well as physically to attend the exam. Attempt all possible mock tests, and sample tests before the examination.
Step 3: Give Exam
Now you are in the final step to give your exam. Hopefully, it will be a fruitful result for you. Be calm, and give your exam.
Things To Keep In Mind About The Tests
- You must pass all modules with more than 80% marks.
- You have only three options for each module.
- Modules can be taken in any order.
- All modules are independent of each other, but if you fail a module three times, it means that you will fail the whole test.
- If you do not pass the test in three attempts (even just one module), you will have to wait 60 days to pass the test again and all the modules (9 modules passed the first time. No matter) only one section failed 3 times).
Kits to Use for the Better Preparation for the Certification Exam
You should follow different ways and different resources for better preparation. We have given some of the ways, by which you can prepare for the examination with 100 % satisfaction.
Get QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Answers PDF Supplements for Each Module
Collect pdf supplements of the previous year’s questions, and do practice on them.
Take the test in the INCOGNITO CHROME browser. You must do this.
To open the incognito Chrome browser, press CTRL + Shift + n. (On Mac, this is your command + shift + n). If you never go to “Secret”, don’t be afraid of the little friend of the sketch who looks like a detective and a black screen.
The reason you remain secretive is that sometimes there are some obscure computer computers inside the test center and may not work for no apparent reason. Then you want to cry because it was not recorded to show your test and you chat with the intuit help desk and they will tell you to “clear your cache” or some other computer. But you still have to take that test again. Anonymous gives you a clean, fresh start. As if you were taking it from a new computer.
Verify Both The Correct And Incorrect Answers
After giving a sample exam own self, you should check all of the questions with answers to know the answer that you have given is right or wrong. It will rectify your fault, and it will be easy to remember.
Take Screenshots Of The Exams You Passed
It will be good to take a screenshot after giving the examination as a prove.
Practice with Other Resources Also
- QuickBooks Certification – Intuit QuickBooks Training
- QuickBooks Advanced Certification Exam Answer PDF
- Free QuickBooks Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Beginner Test
- Experienced Test
- Advanced Test
Authentications Given by The Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program
Here is a list of authentication given by the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program, have a look;
- QuickBooks authentication (desktop version)
- QB Online Certification
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Verification
- QB Enterprise Solutions Certification
QuickBooks Online Certification Exam Answers 2021 Sample for Practice
Practice with all of the questions mentioned below for the examination.
1. What are the differences between ITEMS and ACCOUNTS?
- Items: products and services that you sell. They are used on transactions such as invoices and purchase orders. All items must point to an account.
- Accounts: categories in which financial transactions are organized into reports, such as profit & loss and balance sheet. Some accounts carry balances such as accounts receivable and accounts payable; some accounts report information over a period of time, such as income and expenses.
2. What is the difference between accrual and cash basis?
- Accrual: It represents financial transactions and activities as they occur, such as rent expenses that always exists every month and are recorded whether they are paid or not. Only in Accrual basis, you will have accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepaid expense asset and customer deposit liabilities when there is a difference the time the transaction happens and the time that the actual payment is made.
- Cash Basis: It will only report income and expenses as they are paid.
3. What are the two primary Reports in QuickBooks (financial statements)?
- Profit & loss
- Balance sheet
4. What is the Undeposited Funds Account?
The temporary account that QuickBooks uses when a payment is received from a client but not deposited in the bank (QuickBooks bank register) yet.
5. What is the difference between Entering a Bill (and Bill Payment) and writing a check?
- Entering a bill is to incur an expense the moment it exists and it’s paid in the future (Accounts Payable).
- Write Check is to record an expense at the same time it is being paid, no time difference between date of the expense and date of payment. You must use the Pay Bills feature in QuickBooks to mark the Bill (Accounts Payable) paid, using the write check feature would potentially duplicate the expense and overstate your liabilities
6. What do you look for when “analyzing” financial reports?
- Consistency: Such as expenses that are expected to repeat every month and Income matching the business activities.
- Common Sense: do the numbers make sense or are the numbers expected. Generally, there should be no negative numbers unless there is a refund you are aware of.
- Trends and Relationships: such as sales going down or expenses going up. Also the percentage of direct costs vs. revenue, etc…
7. What are the steps to take to accept a customer’s payment and record it in the bank?
- Two Steps: Click of “receive payments” and select client and invoice to apply payment to… this will increase your “undeposited funds” account.
- Then click on Record Deposit after it is taken to the bank and record all payments that are being deposited together in a single transaction to match the bank.
8. What does the collapse and expand button do on standard reports?
It shows or hides sub-accounts.
9. What is a Sub-Account? And why would you use it?
A sub-account is an account that belongs to a main or a parent account and is used to create additional categories (or details) within the main category, for example, Lodging and Airfare are sub-accounts of Travel expenses.
10. How do you get QuickBooks financial reports to excel? And why would you do that?
- Open any report, click on “Excel” button and then create new worksheet. You must have Excel installed in your computer.
- You would export to excel to be able to manipulate the numbers, search for data, statistical analysis, creating graphs.
11. What is the difference between the “Profit and Loss Report” and the “Balance Sheet Report”?
- P&L shows activities: income and expenses to arrive to Net Income (Profit) for a specific time period.
- Balance Sheet shows values: Assets and Liabilities to arrive to Equity (Net Worth) as of an specific date.
- The Net income from the Profit & Loss pass through the equity section in the balance sheet
12. What is the purpose of reconciling the bank account? What are you supposed to do with the transactions that did not reconcile?
By reconciling you make sure that all transactions that went through the bank are also present in your accounting system. Cash transactions that did not flow through the bank cannot be reconciled using bank statements. Items not reconciled are either pending for the following month or, if they are a mistake or duplicated, they must be deleted.
13. When reconciling a bank account, where does the value of the “Beginning Balance” come from? Where does the “Ending Balance” come from?
Beginning balance comes from bank statement and it is also last month’s reconciled balance. The ending balance comes from the bank statement and equals the total amount of cleared transactions.
14. How do you program QuickBooks to repeat a recurring transaction?
Memorize Reports: (CRT+M) Automate Transaction Entry will create automatically the transaction in the future
15. What is the difference between the Cost of Goods Sold and Operating Expenses?
- Cost of goods sold are directly attributed to a sale, they only exist because the sale exists, such as the cost of inventory sold, sub-contractor expense. A total sale minus cogs is used to calculate gross margin or gross profit.
- Operating expenses usually are not directly correlated to a sale and are fixed, such as rent and utilities.
16. What are Classes in QuickBooks and how would you use them?
They are used to create departments or cost centers to measure profits and less for each class.
17. How is the MEMO text box in bills, invoices, checks, etc. useful for report filtering and transaction research?
You can “tag” a transaction with a code, you can search notes within transactions.
18. What Report or Function allows you to view transactions that were changed, modified, or deleted after bank reconciliation has been done?
Reconciliation discrepancy report in the reports, banking menu.
19. What challenges and/or issues can come across when using classes.. Specially on a balance sheet by Class?
Unclassified transactions. Balance sheet by class can have issues with unclassified or unbalanced transactions.
20. What financial reports should you prepare at the end of the year in order to prepare for tax preparation or other types of financial reporting?
Profit & Loss, balance sheet A/R Aging, A/P Aging, Inventory Valuation Summary, sales by rep, Profit by job, etc..
21. How would you “fix” a customer deposit that was entered as income straight into the register, but then you realized that the invoice belonging to that deposit still shows an open balance?
Change the deposit to use the account “accounts receivable” OR delete the deposit and use the “receive payment/Record Deposit” workflow.
22. In your own words, what does it mean to be an “Advanced QuickBooks User”?
Create custom reports, be proactive to potential users understanding differences between different versions of QuickBooks, knowing how to describe reports, search and find information and confidence to work with multiple QuickBooks files.
23. What is the difference between a Custom Summary Report and a Custom Transaction Detail Report?
- Summary: Contains totals for a customer or vendor / totals for a particular account
- Detail: Line by line, transaction by transaction, Itemized transaction.
24. What does it mean when you have a negative Inventory? What can you to do troubleshoot inventory issues?
Selling inventory you don’t have. Troubleshoot inventory by pulling a “quick report” on the particular item & looking at all the times the inventory came in or out to find discrepancies.
25. What tools are available to “figure out” QuickBooks issues… in other words where can you go for answers for questions on how to do certain things in QuickBooks?
The QB Help menu, user guide, search intuit support website, videos in YouTube, tutorials on the web, email trusty accountant, Hector’s Bog, and “google” the question at hand.
So this a sample exam question set for the examination. keep practice with these questions, and also refer to use exam-related pdf, video, and other kits. Hopefully, this informative article will be very helpful for you. If you want to get more information regarding this topic then you contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors. They can guide you on the right path to reach your destination.