QuickBooks is a user favorite owing to its amazing capabilities in digital accounting and book management. It mostly works efficiently with other programs on the computer due to its integration abilities. However, it does work out of order sometimes and shows the QuickBooks runtime error. The user receives it while either making changes in payroll setup, running a payroll checkup, or emailing the pay stubs to employees. More on the issue is discussed in great lengths in the blog below. Read it till the end.
QuickBooks runtime error can be particularly annoying during deadlines. If you need a quick fix for the problem, dial the toll-free number to get an expert on the line
What are the Causes Behind the QuickBooks Runtime Library Error?
When it comes to QuickBooks Desktop runtime error, there is mostly one reason behind it. When there is a conflict between the Microsoft programs and QuickBooks, the former interferes with the latter’s processes and stops or disbands the user task.
What are the Steps to Effectively Resolve the QuickBooks Runtime Error?
If your QuickBooks is giving runtime error, follow the solutions mentioned below to fix it.
Solution- 1: Complete the Activity in Selective Startup Mode
A conflict between the programs is hard to resolve as it could be any other software on your computer system that might be interfering with the QuickBooks process and causing runtime error in QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can try to complete the activity in safe mode. It disables all the applications running behind the computer, and the only application that can function is the one you want to run. Follow the steps mentioned below to go to the selective startup mode.
- Go to the Run window by pressing the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- Type Msconfig and press the Enter key.
- As the System Configuration window comes up, head over to the General tab and select Selective Startup.
- Click on Load System Services and go to the Services tab.
- Put a tick on the box against Hide all Microsoft Services and select the Disable All option.
- Remove the tick on the Hide all Microsoft Services box and verify that the Windows Installer box is marked.
- Select OK and click on the Restart button.
- Once the computer restarts, go to QuickBooks and complete the task you were trying to do in the Normal Mode.
- When it completes, follow the first three steps again, but this time, select Normal Startup under the General tab.
- Choose the OK button and then Restart.
Solution- 2: Clean Install Your QuickBooks Application
To avoid the error in future, you must ensure that all of the QB installation files gets refreshed by clean installing the QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the instructions mentioned below to uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks effectively.
Step- 1: Prepare a Backup of the Company File
- Go to QuickBooks and click on the File menu.
- Choose Switch to Single-user Mode and come back to the File menu.
- Hover your mouse over Back up Company and click on Create Local Backup.
- On the coming window, click on the Local Backup option and select Next.
- On the Local Backup Only section, click on Browse and choose the location of the backup file.
- A test will be conducted by QuickBooks to verify that the backup file is healthy before you save it.
- Click on OK once the test completes and choose the Save it now button.
Step- 2: Open the Selective Startup Mode
For this step, you can go with the same instructions mentioned in the first solution to enter and exit the selective startup mode.
Step- 3: Uninstall the QuickBooks Application
- Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features section or just select Uninstall a Program.
- Under the list of programs, search for QuickBooks and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall / Change button and select Remove.
- Follow all the steps coming in the installer window to uninstall QuickBooks efficiently.
Step- 4: Run the Clean Install Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Choose the Clean Install Tool button and let the tool run its due course.
- Once it finishes, exit the tool hub.
Step- 5: Install QuickBooks Again
- Go to the application installer file for QuickBooks (QuickBooks.exe) and double-click on it.
- The installer will open. Go through all the instructions and activate the application once it is installed.
We would like to end our blog on the QuickBooks Runtime error at this point. We wish that our readers will face no difficulty in understanding the technical language of the blog and that the solutions will help them resolve the problem. However, if it does not happen or you get stuck in one of the steps, feel free to reach out to the QB Prodvisors on the helpline number anytime to get immediate assistance.
How toFix QuickBooks Runtime Library Errors & Microsoft Visual C++ Problems
4 Methods to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Error
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software that is used by millions of business owners across the world. The software is excellent in keeping records, preparing for taxes, paying employees, generating invoices and other countless business-related tasks. But despite being a topnotch software it sometimes receives some errors. Users may receive errors while installing it, updating or upgrading it or while using it.
One common error that you may face while opening or using QB is Runtime error. This error may be frustrating as it’s not very simple to fix it. However, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may perform to do away with this error.
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
- You may get rid of many of the QuickBooks and computer errors by just restarting your computer.
- After that you can click the windows key on your keyboard and select shut down or restart button.
- You can also press the power button to turn your computer off and then back on.
- Allow your PC to reboot and launch QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks With No Data
The makers of QuickBooks -Intuit recommends its users to launch QB with no data to fix Runtime error.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously and check if QBW.EXE file is running.
- In case you notice QBW.EXE listed, click the file and then select end process to stop it.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and press and hold Ctrl and click Open while keeping the key down.
- This will allow you access to QuickBooks without data being connected to the account.
Solution 3: Close All Open Windows
Another useful method to fix Runtime error is to close all open windows.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del again and check if QBW.EXE is running on your computer.
- Make sure that QBW.EXE is not running and then right-click on the QuickBooks icon
- Now press Ctrl key on the keyboard and hold that down and click Open.
- Next, press and hold the Alt key on the keyboard from the No Company Open Screen.
- Keep the Alt key pressed and click open to launch your QB company file.
- This step generally opens your company file. Though, it keeps any other windows from opening.
Solution 4: Rename QBW.INI File
- If none of the above solutions work, then you should try to rename the QBW.INI file in order to get rid of the Runtime error.
- Use Windows file search tool to find the file on your computer (or locate that by manually navigating to the location of the file).
- After locating QBW.INI, do a right-click and select rename.
- QuickBooks recommends changing the name of the file to .OLD extension, thus your file should be QBW.OLD.
- Now save the changes by pressing Enter on the keyboard.
Go ahead and launch QuickBooks like you normally would after renaming the QBW file. Hopefully, the new file extension will resolve the Runtime error, allowing you to once again access and use your QuickBooks software.
We hope that this article will help you fix QuickBooks Runtime Error. If the error still exists or you face any other QuickBooks-related issue, you can call our QuickBooks Error Support team by dialing.
Get Rid of QuickBooks Runtime Error Once and for All
QuickBooks software, developed by Intuit® helps small and mid-sized businesses with their book-keeping and finance-related tasks. To make the QuickBooks software more user-friendly, tools are launched every now and then but, with every advancement, there are minor errors that pop up. One such halt faced by users is Runtime Error QuickBooks. In the blog, we cover the details of the QuickBooks Runtime Error and the resolutions for Runtime Error in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Looking for a Solution to QuickBooks Runtime Error? Call Support Number 1.800.583.0572 for Expert’s Guidance
What is QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Error and why it Occurs?
QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Error can appear suddenly while performing important tasks on the QuickBooks application. “Qbw32.exe – Memory could not be read” or “Runtime Error’ – Runtime has terminated in an unusual way – contact support” are the usual messages that appear indicating about QuickBooks Giving Runtime Error. The error can appear because of the following reasons:
- The company file is corrupted or damaged.
- The windows compatibility mode is turned on while operating the QuickBooks.
- The QBW.INI file id damaged or corrupt.
IMPORTANT: Utilize QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Data Utility if you suspect the errors is appearing because of data corruption.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Library Error
As we progress in this blog to list the methods which will help you solve QuickBooks Runtime Library Error, try rebooting the computer and check if the QuickBooks is opening up. If not, try one of the methods listed below. Make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps in the sequence listed below.
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks Application without Company File
- To run the QB application you need to resolve the QuickBooks C++ related Errors.
- For this first ensure that the QBW.exe is not running in the background of the computer processes.
- Press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ and navigate to the Processes tab.
- If you see a process running with the name of QBW.exe, right-click the process and select End Task.
- Click Yes for the confirmation.
- Right-click the ‘QuickBooks’ icon while pressing and holding down the CTRL key.
- Click ‘OPEN’ and the software will open up without any company file opened in it.
- Check if this resolves the error and if you are still getting the same error, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Method 2: Open Company File without any other Running Windows
- Close the QBW.EXE file by following the steps mentioned above.
- After you have closed the QBW file, double-click the QuickBooks icon, (as before) and press and hold the ‘ALT’ key from the ‘NO COMPANY’ window.
- While holding the ALT key launch the ‘Company file’, without any other windows being opened.
- If you are still getting the runtime error in QuickBooks then try renaming the QBW.INI file.
Method 3: Rename the QBW.INI file
Make sure your Windows is set to Display Hidden Windows Files. The QBW.INI file is usually located in
Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks [Version] Folder where [Version] represents the version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Windows XP: C:\ Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks [Version] where [Version] is the version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Apart from manually finding the file you can also locate the QBW.INI file with the help of windows search tool.
- Right click the file and select Rename.
- Rename it by adding .OLD as the extension.
- Launch QuickBooks to check the status of the error.
However, if even after following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article does not resolve the QuickBooks Runtime Error, then you can always reach us at our Helpline Number 1.800.583.0572 for immediate help and support.
How to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Library & Microsoft Visual C++ Errors?
Are you facing QuickBooks runtime errors and don’t know how to deal with it? Well, need not to worry anymore, today’s post is completely based on the processes to fix QuickBooks runtime errors. Runtime errors basically indicate the errors that are seen when opening QuickBooks after the installation of the third party integrated application on a system running windows 7 or vista. The runtime errors often come up with an error message stating as:
“Runtime error! Program: C:ProgramFilesIntuitQuickBooks 20XXqbw32.exe”.
This means that the application has requested the runtime to terminate. QuickBooks desktop runtime errors might seem to be quite frustrating to handle, but can be resolved by carrying out the processes we have listed in this article. So, make sure that you read the article carefully. Moreover, an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our support team via our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
Methods to resolve the runtime errors in QuickBooks
Now that you are well versed about QuickBooks runtime errors, let us check out the processes with which these errors can be resolved:
Method 1: Running QuickBooks with no data
The user can try to run QuickBooks with no data, in order to resolve the runtime errors. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then check if the QBW.exe file is running
- After that, if the QBW.EXE file is listed, then click on the file and select End process in order to stop it
- The next step is to right click on the QuickBooks icon, in order to press and hold Ctrl and then click on open while keeping the key down.
- Now, the user will be permitted to access the QuickBooks without data being connected to the account
And then the user can check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Closing all open Windows
- In order to close all open programs, the user needs to press Ctrl + Alt +Del keys and check if QBW.EXE is running
- And then ensure that it is not running, followed by right clicking the icon
- The user is then required to press ctrl key and hold it and click on open
- Followed by pressing Alt key from the no company open screen
- Now, continue pressing it and click on open to launch the QuickBooks company file
- This will open the company file and will keep other windows from opening
Method 3: Rebooting the system
- Many times, a simple restart can work in fixing the error
- After which the user can click the Windows key and then select shut down or restart tab
- Also, the user can press the power tab to turn the system off and then back on
- The last step is to allow PC to reboot and launch QuickBooks again
Method 4: Renaming QBW.INI file
The last method to resolve the issue is to rename the QBW.INI file. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user can rename the QBW.INI file by using windows file search tool to find the file on the system.
- After that, right click it and select rename option.
- And then locate QBW.INI file, followed by right clicking the name of the file to .OLD extension.
- The last step is to save the changes by pressing Enter key.
- Now, try opening the file to check if the error persists.
In case the error occurs during payroll setup, then the below steps would definitely work:
- The user is required to select start and run in Windows
- After that, in the open box, enter msconfig and click on OK tab
- The next step is to click on the general tab in the system configuration utility window and then select selective startup
- Now, the user needs to clear the load startup items under the selective startup. And avoid clearing other checkboxes
- Once done with that click on OK button.
- And also, reboot the system
- After that the user is recommended to open QuickBooks and complete the payroll setup
- Followed by carrying out the three initial steps again
- Now, under the selective startup, check the load startup items box and reset the computer to normal mode
- The last step is to restart the system when asked to and you are good to go.
To wrap it up!
The QuickBooks runtime errors can be easily resolved, if the above stated methods are followed in a proper manner. However, if the error persists even after following these steps, then we recommend you to immediately consult a team of professionals and let them fix the error for you.
You can simply contact our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at our toll-free customer support number and leave the rest on our experts and certified ProAdvisor’s.