QuickBooks Server Busy error comes on QuickBooks Desktop and displays a message- ‘Action can’t be completed as other program is busy.’ The pop-message comes up and restricts workflow. Several factors can lead to this error, and specific steps are required to rectify it.
Unless we know what exactly led to QuickBooks Server Busy Error, it is hard to specify which solution is apt. Hence, it is recommended to move systematically with first understanding the causes and then coming on to the solutions. We will follow this pattern in this blog. Let’s readout.
What causes QuickBooks Server Busy message comes?
- On a User response request- When you have server message on your screen and do not reply to the options, it gives options such as ‘OK, Cancel. Etc’, then it forces the pop-up error message to stay on the screen. If the message remains on the screen, it will hinder QuickBooks operations.
- Updates- The error might come up during installing or downloading updates to the system/component software. During Windows updates, when internet security program/firewall is hindering QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- Application shutting issue- If we do not close the essential files, programs, and components which QuickBooks accesses while working, these are Axbridge, Axelbridge1, QB update, QBDagent, & QB server, etc. In case these programs and components are not properly closed, it will reflect an error message saying ‘Server Busy.’ Ensure to close these properly. You can use a Windows Task Manager for a forced closure.
- Multiple User- In case Multiple computers are hosting the QuickBooks Company file or its components. When a user is accessing the company file, and someone else tries to open it, an error message comes up as ‘Server Busy.’
- Memory- Lack of sufficient memory when operating QuickBooks on a network shows QuickBooks Server Busy error. Shutting QuickBooks along with other programs, and then restarting your computer to free up memory is the solution here.
- A conflict between QuickBooks Update Manager and some other program- QB update Manager and another program on the computer might hinder each other’s functioning and lead to the ‘Server Error.’
- Intuit Pro-Series (US) or Canada profile can cause conflict- This is another scenario where Server error comes up.
- Insufficient Resources- A network that does not has sufficient resources to run QuickBooks Desktop might lead to errors.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy error
QB Server Busy error is an expected one in a multi-user mode. Everything needs to be in place to avoid errors in bothering workflow. However, in times when a mistake happened, then perform the below solutions.
Solution 1- Shut all Open Programs
- In case, there is some open program, ensure that there is no dialogue box in the program. ( example- A dialogue box can open in Microsoft word telling you to save the document. This will lead to this error. Ensure to close all these programs. Additionally, programs like Norton, Google Desktop, vista security, Pivot software control, Windows defender, etc. can also cause this error.
- Try using these programs in the ‘Selective Start-up’ in Windows. The Webroot Spy Sweeper can also cause this message and to correct this issue you can try to disable it or run in the Gamer Mode temporarily.
Solution 2- Check whether Windows are updated or not.
On the Windows, taskbar system tray check if the Windows has installed updates or not. In case it is not there and installation is required then complete installation first. Next, restart your computer and check if the updates are happening. If you do not see any updates happening then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3- Check and shut down the QuickBooks Desktop Components.
- Firstly, close data file and then exit QB Desktop
- Right-click on the Window taskbar and choose task manager
- Now, Click Process tab
- Complete one of the related QuickBooks processes as listed below in the Infographic.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and open the data file.
Solution 4- Eliminate/Remove QuickBooks Update agent showing ‘Server busy’ message.
- First, Open Start menu and click ‘All Programs’
- Now choose ‘’
- Right-click on QuickBooks Update agent
- Choose ‘’
- Click ‘Delete Shortcut’
- Now you have to turn off shared updates in QB Desktop.
- Firstly, go to the Help menu and click ‘Update ’
- Click on the ‘Options ’
- Now go to the ‘Shared download option,’ select ‘NO,’ and close it.
Solution 5- Applicable if Intuit ProSeries is there on the computer.
- Check the ‘Windows Task Manager’ for which year is the XX Intuit ProSeries software. It will appear as qbpsevntXXr.exe. Note or take down the year of the executable (XX) in a file name.
- Next Open the Explorer browser
- Search and Open the ‘Intuit ProSeries folder’ for that year.
- Now open the 32-bit folder
- Search for qbpseventXXr.exe, Once you find it right-click and choose ‘’
- Now add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the renamed file.
- Shut down the Windows Explorer.
Action plan if the above solutions haven’t resolved the issue.
In case you are still at point zero then there is a list of things that you can do if to correct it.
- Boot SafeMode from Windows via networking and then start QB Desktop>> restart Windows in the normal mode. This can often help in problem-solving.
- RUN QuickBooks Desktop and work in the Windows Selective Startup and windows safe mode.
- If running QB Desktop on the network then reboot your computer>> reconnect your computer to the mapped drives.
- If the backup or mirroring software is functioning on the server or network, then it is regularly scanning the hard drive. To rectify this temporarily disable the software if the problem is sorted. However, if otherwise, then there is a dispute with the Scanning software that needs to be corrected.
QuickBooks Server Busy Error | Complete List of 10 Solutions
If you are getting QuickBooks server busy error, you are most likely working in a multi-user environment where your company file is stored on the server computer. The error where you get a warning that the server is busy or not responding for some reason points out to various breakdowns and failures in the QuickBooks Desktop program and Windows operating system. With numerous causes and solutions, it becomes tricky to resolve QuickBooks Desktop server busy error. Therefore, to save you from the struggle of fixing the server busy error in QuickBooks, we have prepared this elaborated guide. In this article, you will find the causes with simple explanations and straightforward solutions to end QuickBooks Server Busy Error.
What is QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
QuickBooks server busy error fire away when the server that QuickBooks requires to fetch data is busy handling several other programs. When this happens, you get an error message that reads “Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.” However, this is not the sole reason to get the server busy error in QuickBooks, which we have found after thoroughly analyzing the error. Further in this article, we will bring your attention to the reasons that could possibly trigger the busy server error in QuickBooks Desktop.
Possible Reasons that Triggers QuickBooks Error Message Server Busy
As you can comprehend from the error message, the error results from a busy program that QuickBooks needs to perform its usual operations. Here is a list of every reason due to which this happens.
- If several programs are running in the background of your workstation or on the server where the data file is stored.
- When you have unseen notifications from other programs running on your Windows that need your attention.
- Running some security programs like Pivot Software Control, Vista Security, Spy Sweeper, or Windows Defender can put strict restrictions on QuickBooks Desktop, leading to a server’s busy error message.
- One reason your Windows lag and underperform while handling multiple programs throwing server busy error is missing updates.
- General QuickBooks program issues that arise either because of misconfiguration or intrusion from other programs can also trigger QuickBooks error message server busy.
- Performing any operation in QuickBooks while the automatic update feature is running in the background can also lead you to server busy error.
- If there are issues in installing your QuickBooks Desktop program that can result from installing QuickBooks from a corrupt installer file.
- You are trying to operate QuickBooks at a time when an automatic backup software is backing up your QuickBooks Data.
- Server busy error can also appear when other programs scan your QuickBooks Desktop files. This program can be your antivirus or a system cleaner app.
- If there are issues with the connection to your workstation and the mapped drive where your QuickBooks data is saved.
Solutions to Resolve Server Busy Error in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Close Unwanted and Redundant Programs Running on the Server or Workstation
If you are accessing the company file on the server or remotely accessing QuickBooks, follow the solution below on the server. If you have your QuickBooks Desktop and company file on the system’s local storage, perform the below-given steps on the same machine.
- First, exit all the programs running on the system and open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Go to the Applications tab and right-click the program you want to close.
- Select End Task and exit the Task Manager.
- Run QuickBooks to see if this resolves the error.
Solution 2: Check Pending Notifications from other Programs
- First, look at the taskbar and see if there is any flashing icon.
- Click the icon and do as needed to close the prompt.
- This flashing icon could be a notification from your security program that needs your permission to remove the identified threats.
- Once there are no notifications left, rerun QuickBooks to see if the problem persists.
Solution 3: Exit Third-Party Windows Security Programs
- If you have installed a third-party program like Pivot Software Control, Vista Security, Spy Sweeper, or Windows Defender, you will need to temporarily close them to get rid of the issue.
- Click the upside arrow in the taskbar and right-click the security program’s icon.
- Select the Exit/ Close option or any relevant option that will terminate the program on the system.
- Recheck if this rectifies the issue.
Solution 4: Get the Latest Updates of your Windows Operating System
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- If you don’t see the Control Panel in the Start menu, manually search it using the Windows search.
- Select System and Security or Windows Update.
- Click the Check for Updates option, and if the Install Updates option highlights, click it.
- Restart your Windows to prompt Windows to install the downloaded updates.
- If the problem continues, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Fix my Program Tool to Fix General QB Program Errors
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub that you can find online.
- Run Tool Hub and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program tool, and it will start scanning your QuickBooks Desktop for any issues.
It will also automatically repair any issues found, after which you can run QuickBooks to check if this resolves the server busy error.
Solution 6: Disable Shared Download and Automatic Updates
- Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and clicking the Startup tab.
- Find and choose the QuickBooks Automatic Update program and select the option to disable it.
- Now run QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help tab.
- Click Update QuickBooks and move to the Options tab.
- Choose No for the Share Download option and select Close to save the changes.
Solution 7: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Rerun QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and select the relevant options that prompt the program to start the repair.
- Wait until the Install Diagnostic Tool completely repairs the QuickBooks Desktop installation, which might sometimes take up to 20 minutes.
- Once the QB Desktop is repaired, verify if the problem still exists.
Solution 8: Reconfigure and Close any Automatic backup Software
- If you have a program scheduled to automatically backup QuickBooks and other data online, open it and go to the settings.
- First, change the settings to manually backup the data or set a time when you don’t use QuickBooks if you want an automatic backup.
- If the program is currently backing up the data, wait till the backup process completes.
- Retry to use QuickBooks after the backup completes and check if you are still getting the error.
Solution 9: Close any Program that might be Scanning the Files on the System
- If some program is running on your system scanning the Windows and QuickBooks files, you will need to close it or wait until the scan process completes.
- These programs could be your security apps or a system cleaner app like CCleaner.
Solution 10: Reconfigure Windows Firewall in Compliance with QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the Control Panel and select Windows Firewall to reconfigure it.
- Go to the Advanced Settings that you will find in the left pane.
- Locate and right-click Inbound Rules and click the New Rule option.
- Click the Port option and hit Next.
- Checkmark the TCP option if not already selected.
- Enter the port-specific to your QuickBooks Desktop program. Here is a list of ports for recent QuickBooks Desktop launches.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- Click Next once the port is entered and hit the Allow the Connection option.
- Click Next and enter a name for this new rule.
- Finally, click Finish to save the new rule and follow the same instructions to create an Outbound Rule for QuickBooks.
Further Troubleshooting if Required
Switch Windows to Selective Startup Mode to Check if Some other Program is Triggering the Server Busy Error
- Press Windows + R and enter MSConfig in the Run dialog box.
- Press Enter and checkmark the Selective Startup Mode option under the General tab.
- Click Apply and OK and press the Windows + R keys again.
- Now enter Services.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Find and select IntuitFCS service in the list of services and click Stop from the left pane.
- Restart your Windows and check if the issue persists.
- If the issue is resolved in Selective Startup Mode, this indicates interference from some other program installed on your system. You will need to consult an IT professional to get your system thoroughly checked for any such program.
What is QuickBooks Error PS038 & How to Resolve It?
One last resort to resolve the error is to completely reinstall it without leaving any traces of the previous installation. This can be done by running the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool that you can access from QuickBooks Tool Hub. However, before reinstalling QuickBooks, always backup your data file to an external storage device or the cloud.
If you have made it up to the end of this article, you are probably still dealing with QuickBooks Server Busy Error. Although we have explained and asked you to follow every possible troubleshooting solution to fix the server busy error in QuickBooks, there is still a possibility that the error will continue. This happens when some unseen faults are hidden deep in the operating system. So we need to closely inspect your system to fix these unknown issues. You can contact us for more help resolving QuickBooks server busy error by dialing our support number.
QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting application that is focused on creating powerful features for its users satisfaction. Since it is such a massive program, it results in the heavy usage of the server and internet. Sometimes, there can be numerous programs running side-by-side with QuickBooks. In such situations, QB can start dysfunctioning and result in a technical fault known as QuickBooks Server Busy Error. The warning text will clear your concept around this error – “This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.” Let us now move towards the blog and learn the approaches that can be used in order to free up the server for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks.
What is Server Busy Error in QuickBooks?
Before you dig in deep and touch the causes to fix QuickBooks desktop server busy, you might first know what the QuickBooks desktop server dynamic error is. This server busy error might appear if QuickBooks run multiple programs in the background and cannot communicate with the QuickBooks server. That time someone running the program is engaged and showing a popup with an error “The action remains incomplete because the other program is busy”.
Significant Causes behind QuickBooks Desktop Server Busy Error
- Inadequate resources provided to the network on which QuickBooks is operating.
- If QuickBooks was not completely shut down in the right manner previously, it can result in QuickBooks error message server busy.
- The error can occur when a user is downloading the Windows updates and also running QuickBooks Desktop simultaneously.
- A no-sync situation with Intuit ProSeries.
- Unresponsive or inactive secondary applications that are functioning alongside QuickBooks.
- A temporary prohibition through the Windows Firewall.
Read more :- QuickBooks Error 17337 | Fixed In Simple Steps
Prominent Fixes for Busy Server Error in QuickBooks
After having a deep conversation on the definition and causes of Server Busy Error in QuickBooks, it is time to gain some knowledge about the practices that are proven to be successful in eliminating the same –
Solution 1 – Terminate the Other Running Applications
For QuickBooks Desktop to function properly, it is important that there are no other applications or programs running alongside. Here we will close all of them –
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to open a menu on the screen.
- Choose Task Manager from the menu to trigger the Task Manager prompt on your screen.
- Go to the Applications tab, click on each task and then hit the End Task button at the bottom.
- Next, move to the Processes section, look for all the QuickBooks.exe programs.
- Click on each of them and then tap on the End Process button.
- Close this window.
- Open QuickBooks and access your company file.
Solution 2 – Download and Install the Latest Windows Update into your System
Yes it is necessary to update Windows, in order to increase the security against the device and also makes it easy for the system to incorporate applications with the latest technology –
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the search panel, type Settings and hit the Enter key.
- In the following window, tap on the Windows Update option.
- Then, press the Check for Updates button.
- If there are any updates available, the system will check for it and initiate an Auto Download.
- Once the update is complete, you will have to install it.
- Finally, reboot your computer and open QuickBooks.
Read more :- Steps That Can Effectively Fix MYOB Error 9004
Solution 3 – Disable the Automatic Update Feature in QuickBooks
When multiple applications are running on the system regularly, it is important that you turn off automatic updates in order to minimize the memory usage. This is how –
- Hold the Ctrl +Alt + Del keys on your keyboard to trigger the Task Manager prompt.
- Go to the Startup tab and then select the “QuickBooks Automatic Update” option.
- Hit the Disable button to confirm the action.
- Next, you need to disable the QuickBooks Desktop Shared Updates. This is how –
- In QuickBooks, tap on the Help tab.
- Click on Update QuickBooks and press the Options tab.
- Now, select the No option to turn off the Shared Download option.
- Click on Close.
Solution 4 – Map the Network Drive in Windows
Mapping a network drive creates a fresh environment for the files and folders that were previously stored at a different location. Follow these steps to do so –
- Press the Windows button.
- In the search space, type This PC and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the This PC icon in the list of programs.
- In the window that shows up next, you should be in the Computer tab.
- Click on Map a Network Drive.
- Choose an unused letter for the drive and hit the Browse button.
- Navigate to the location where your QuickBooks files are currently stored.
- Tap on the OK button and then Finish.
- Now when you open QuickBooks, use the new mapped drive to access the company.
Read more :- 3 Easy Tricks to Fix the QuickBooks Error 105!
We have now come to the last part of the blog, where we conclude the details we have shared on the QuickBooks Server Busy Error. If the techniques mentioned above are followed thoroughly, you can definitely get rid of this glitch forever. To clarify your doubts and queries, you can have a word with our certified tech professionals at round-the-clock.
How to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
Most of the time the Quickbooks Server Busy error restricts the workflow of Quickbooks and creates a lot of mess. To fix the Quickbooks Server busy Error, it is very important to find the root cause for the occurrence of Quickbooks Server busy Error. Quickbooks Server Busy Error is encountered when the window is getting updated in the background or when Quickbooks is shutdown abruptly. Confliction in the Intuit pro series also lead to this error.
What is QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
Sometimes when you login to Quickbooks, you may see an error message on the screen “ Error :Server Busy”. This error can be quite annoying at times since it does not allow you to access the Quickbooks on your computer system.
What triggers Quickbooks Server Busy Error?
- Quickbooks may be trying to work with some other program, whose response is awaited.
- Windows update might be running in the background.
- Quickbooks desktop could not shutdown properly.
- Network might be having insufficient resources to run Quickbooks.
- There may be some sort of conflict with intuit proseries or profiles.
What can be done to resolve Quickbooks Server Busy Error?
Solution 1: Closing all the open programs.
- If there is any open program, then you need to make sure that no dialog box is open as it could lead to server busy error.
- Software like Norton, Google desktop, window defender, pivot software control can also result in the occurrence of this error.
- If you are using a selective startup in windows, then you have to stop using Intuit FCS.
- You need to disable the spy sweeper or you can run it in the gamer mode.
Solution 2: By checking windows updates.
- Go to the help menu of Quickbooks and then reach the tab of updates.
- Look for the updates which are available.
- You have to install the updates.
- Once done with the updates, reboot your system.
Solution 3: By closing all Quickbooks desktop components.
- You need to close all the Quickbooks desktop components which are open in the background.
- To do so. First of all close the data file and then exit the Quickbooks desktop.
- Now you have to open the windows task manager and close all the processes tab related to Quickbooks.
Read Our Other Blog- Quick Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 2000
Solution 4: Eliminating the Quickbooks update which displays the server’s busy message.
- Reach the start menu.
- Go to All programs.
- Now, you have to choose the tab of startup and herein make Quickbooks update agent, then select date and make a click on delete shortcut.
- Now you have to turn off the shared updates option in the Quickbooks desktop from the help menu.
Solution 5: By running reboot.bat
- Choose the properties by making a right click on Quickbooks icon.
- Now you have to opt for the open file location option.
- Then you have to choose the shortcut options in the properties menu.
- Then you have to right click on reboot.bat file and you need to choose the tab of run as Administrator.
- You don’t have to manually close the windows, the windows will automatically close once the reboot.bat file utility is completed.
Solution 6: By repairing Quickbooks.
For windows 7, 8 and 10, you can use the installation wizard to repair.
You have to first reboot the system and close the unnecessary programs.
These simple troubleshooting like running reboot.bat and updating or repairing Quickbooks can help you avert Quickbooks Server Busy Error.
6 ‘Quick Solutions’ To Overcome QuickBooks Server Busy Error
Apart from managing your company’s sales and accounts payable and receivables, QuickBooks also looks after your payroll and electronic banking transactions. However, you might end up with a QuickBooks server busy error when you access the other components and programs. When it occurs, an error message appears on your screen that states:
Fix Error: Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy
The error message comes with three prompts: Switch to, Retry and Cancel. If you don’t respond to the message, the Server Busy message remains on your screen and all the on-going tasks will put other tasks to a standstill. It mainly occurs when QuickBooks is unable to complete the data exchange process. However, there are several other reasons as well. Unless the user is aware of the possible reasons it might become difficult to resolve it. To help you get aware of it, we have listed all the possible reasons in the next section.
- Main Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error: Server Busy
- Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
- Solution 1: Close All Background Open Programs
- Solution 2: Check for Latest Windows Update
- Solution 3: Use the Quick Fix my Program
- Solution 4: Turn off QuickBooks Automatic Update
- Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Software
- Solution 6: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Alternative Methods To Resolve Server Busy Error In QuickBooks
Main Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error: Server Busy
You might end up with a QuickBooks server busy error when some other is accessing your company file. However, there are several other reasons as well. Below we have listed all such possible causes behind QuickBooks desktop error: server busy:
- It occurs when some other program that QuickBooks is trying to work with is waiting for a response.
- Server busy error occurs when the windows update might running in the background.
- Another reason is when QuickBooks desktop is unable to shut down properly.
- Any conflict with Intuit ProSeries or profile might result in QuickBooks server busy error.
- The network on which you are working might not be having sufficient resources to run the QuickBooks software.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
QuickBooks will prompt you with a QuickBooks 2011 server busy, If so many programs are running in the background. Here’s how you can resolve it so you can get back to business.
Solution 1: Close All Background Open Programs
Make sure to close the other programs running in the background to keep the QuickBooks application up and running. Alternatively, you may close the QuickBooks application and then open it once again.
Note: Ensure that none of the dialog boxes are open in other programs. For example, Microsoft Word might be having an open dialog box that asks you to save a document.
- You have to configure your firewall settings and antivirus, If your Windows firewall blocks internet access for a particular QuickBooks programs or files.
- Don’t forget to close Google Desktop, Windows Defender, Vista Security, and Pivot Software Control.
- You might have to disable Spy Sweeper temporarily. Else, you may run it in Gamer mode while approaching QuickBooks Desktop application.
Aren’t you able to fix QuickBooks server busy error with the above method? Don’t worry! You can jump to the next one.
Solution 2: Check for Latest Windows Update
- Go to the Windows taskbar.
- You have to check whether Windows is installing an update or not. (If an update is being installed or if it needs to be installed) then, you must complete it first.
- Lastly, restart your system as guided by Windows. (However, if you do not find any Windows update happening), you may proceed to the next resolution method to fix the QuickBooks server busy error.
Solution 3: Use the Quick Fix my Program
Follow the below-given steps to resolve QuickBooks error: server busy
Step 1: Download & Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
You can resolve several issues like QuickBooks server busy error with the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub. To get the best results, you must use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199) by clicking here. Save the file in a suitable location (such as- Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
Note: If Tool Hub is already installed on your system and to know which version you have. Go to the Home tab, where the version will be displayed on the bottom right. Else, click on About to see the current version.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and install it by following the instructions that appear on your screen. Further, also agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install gets completed, to open the tool hub (you need to double-click the icon on your Windows desktop).
Note: Search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub (If you cannot find this icon) and then you can select the program.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix my Program
If you come across a QuickBooks server busy error while using the QuickBooks Desktop program, then, you must run the Quick Fix my Program. It will shut down any open background processes that QuickBooks may be using. Further, it will run a quick repair on your program to resolve the Error: Server busy in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and Go to Program Problems.
- From there, select Quick Fix my Program and wait for the scan to complete.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then, the company file.
Solution 4: Turn off QuickBooks Automatic Update
You may end up with a QuickBooks server busy error when you fail to turn off the QuickBooks automatic update, due to which, QB updates and other programs are continuously running in the background. Thus, you need to turn it off by following the below-given steps:
- Simultaneously press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys, it will allow you to select Task Manager from the menu bar.
- From there, go to the Startup tab and click on QuickBooks Automatic Update followed by the Disable option.
- Further, you have to turn off shared updates in QuickBooks Desktop by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the Help menu and click on the Update QuickBooks option.
- After that, click on the Options tab.
- Click on No for the Share Download option.
- At last, click on Close.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Software
When you use, install or update QuickBooks, you might get QuickBooks server busy error. At this time, You need to run the repair tool first. It will help you fix common errors like server busy error messages right away. Further, you may run it by following the below-given steps:
Note: Before you proceed with the below steps, make sure to create a back of your company file. Along with that, you must restart your computer. It makes sure there are no programs that may affect the repair.
- Click on the Windows icon and then, go to the Control Panel. (If you’re a Windows 8 or 8.1 user, you have to search the Control Panel from Windows Start menu.)
- After that, click on Programs and Features to Uninstall a Program. However, if you couldn’t see the Programs and Features option, click on Programs instead. Then, you’ll be able to select Program and Features.
- Now, from the list of Programs (select QuickBooks), and then, click on Uninstall/Change option.
- Further, click on Continue> Repair> Next.
Note: You must know that the repair process might take some time depending on the speed of your system and the size of your company file. Thus, you must leave your system running, and come back once it will be completed.
- Moreover, to complete the repair process, you must restart your computer. Once done, click on Finish.
- Lastly, make sure to update your QuickBooks application as per the latest release. It ensures that you have the most recent fixes and security updates.
Solution 6: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
You must uninstall your QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Clean install tool to resolve QuickBooks server busy error. Moreover, if you are having Intuit ProSeries installed on your system, then, you can try to rename it as well. For that, you may follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you need to Check the Windows Task Manager for qbpsevntXXr.exe (Here XX signifies the year of the Intuit ProSeries software). Make sure to note the year of the executable (the XX), in the file name.
- Then, open Windows Explorer.
- After that, search for the open Intuit ProSeries folder for that year which is usually C:\ProWinXX.
- Make sure to Open the 32 bit folder now and search for the qbpsevntXXr.exe file. Right-click and select the Rename option.
- Add .old to the end of your file name. For example: qbpsevnt18r.exe.old
- At last, ensure the Windows Explorer is closed.
Alternative Methods To Resolve Server Busy Error In QuickBooks
It might be possible that none of the above mentioned solutions would have helped you resolve QuickBooks server busy error. Well, in that case, you can try out the below-listed troubleshooting methods.
- Boot Windows to Safe Mode with Networking: Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If no issue happens in safe mode, it signifies that default settings and basic device drivers aren’t creating the issue. Observing Windows in safe mode allows you to narrow down the source of a problem and can help you solve the problems on your computer. However, there are two versions of safe mode:
- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Networking adds up the network drivers and services that you would require to access the Internet and other computers on your network. Once done, you may start QuickBooks Desktop and restart Windows to normal mode.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop in Windows Selective Startup: Have you come across issues when you uninstall or install QuickBooks on your computer or is any other application hindering you from completing your task? If yes, then you must switch to Selective startup mode. It will help you install or uninstall your program smoothly and thus, will resolve QuickBooks server busy errors.
Note: While you switch to Selective startup mode, make sure to stop IntuitFCS.
- Reconnect your computer to all mapped drives: You get an access to a folder that is stored in another drive, server, or computer over a network – When you map a network drive in Windows. To access QuickBooks company files from the shared storage, Mapping will perfectly help.
- Temporarily disable the backup software: If you’re running backup software on the server or network, it will scan the hard drive and blocks access to QuickBooks Desktop files. Thus, in that case, you must disable it. However, if the QuickBooks server busy error persists, it indicates that there’s a conflict with the scanning software. In that case, you must take assistance from your network admin, the manufacturer’s or software developer’s website, or a local computer consultant.
Get QB Professionals Help To Fix Server Busy Error!
We have listed all the possible effective resolution methods that can help you resolve QuickBooks 2011 server busy error without any hassle. However, there might be a possibility that none of the solutions would work in your favor. In such a scenario, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions contact number .